Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 17  (Read 4574 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 17
« on: October 30, 2009, 05:00:28 PM »

"Hm... Congratulations. Let us see if you can manage to succeed where others have failed."

Team Taishyr vs. Floor 6
Team Sage vs. Floor 2
Team Monkey and Bardiche vs. Floor 1

Team Sage's Matches

Floor 3a: Singles Matchup

"So, I see you keep managing somehow... Well, let's try something a bit more interesting. You can only focus on one enemy at a time!"

*All MT attacks have become ST and can be targetted on both enemy and ally at will.

Battle #11: Eiko, Garnet and Rydia

Eiko: I'll show you my powers to summon!
Rydia: You will not get past us!

Battle #12: Geddoe and Hugo

Geddoe: ...This should be easy.
Hugo: Fubar's not here, but... I'll beat you anyway!!

Battle #13: Naoto and Ken

Naoto: This mystery ends here.
Ken: Okay!

Battle #14: Ephraim and Yosuke

Ephraim: Do not worry, Princess. I shall protect you.
Yosuke: Er... Princess? O... okay...

Boss Battle #3: Demi, Wren and Aigis

*The team has been fully healed!

Demi: I apologize, but I cannot allow you to pass.
Wren: We shall fight you until the bitter end. Do not resist.
Aigis: I will show you what I have learned.

Team Taishyr's Matches

Floor 7b: Cave of the Summons

Battle #31: Rydia, FF5 Ifrit, Titan, Shiva, Ramuh and Mist Dragon

Rydia: You may have made it this far, but I will stop you here with the help of my friends!

Battle #32: FF5 Atomos

Atomos: I shall... devour... you.

Battle #33: Gilgamesh, Garnet and FF5 Carbuncle

Gilgamesh: Hey, I summoned a friend once!
Garnet: Let us have a fair battle.

Battle #34: FF3 Summoner, FF5 Summoner, FFT Summoner and Eiko

Eiko: I won't let you do as you please!!

Boss Battle #7: Yuna and her Aeons

Yuna: Yuna here! Now... let us go.

Team Bardiche's Matches

Floor 2a: THESE! ARE! BOSSES!!

Battle #6: Milon, Baigan and Kainazzo (FF4 SNES)

Milon: I have returned from death to crush you!
Kainazzo: Oh, that fool? The one who refused to give his kingdom to me...?

Battle #7: Booster and Mack

Booster: WELCOME TO MY TOWER!!!

Battle #8: Scarmiglione (FF4 DS)

Scarmiglione: Ha ha ha... I have come back from death yet again...

Battle #9: Kary and Kraken

Kary: I, the Fiend of Fire shall stop you!

Boss Battle #2: Augus and Nimufu

Augus: Yes! Fight to the death for my god...

Team Monkey's Matches

Floor 2b: Assaulting the Castle

"Well, let's see if you can manage to overtake this castle on your journey to me...

Battle #6: FFT Knight, FFT Archer, FF1 Black Wizard and FF1 White Wizard

Knight: They're assaulting the castle! Repel them!
Wizard: Haha... you'll never get past us!

Battle #7: Frog and Crono

Frog: I am sorry, Sir Crono, for dragging thou into such a fight.
Crono: ...!

Battle #8: FF9 Freya, Kain and FFT Lancer

Freya: Let us go!
Kain: Dragoons! Let's stop them here!

Battle #9: Gilliam, Oswin, Galleon and FF1 Knight

Gilliam: You will not pass the royal guard!
Oswin: That's right! You'll have to kill all of us!
Galleon: Let's go, lads!

Boss Battle #2: FF4 DS Cecil and Nina4

Cecil: I'm sorry this had to happen while you were visiting, Princess.
Nina: It is quite all right... let us show them why they should not have attacked us.

---------------------------------------------

Team Sage | Demi, Purim, Princess Toadstool, Brey, Rand (Firefly)
[Floor 3a]
*All MT is ST and targetable
Team Sage vs. Eiko, Garnet and Rydia
Team Sage vs. Geddoe and Hugo
Team Sage vs. Naoto and Ken (P3)
Team Sage vs. Ephraim and Yosuke
*Full Heal
Team Sage vs. Demi, Wren and Aigis

Team Taishyr | Kyogre, Maya (MT), Garnet, Kyra, FFT Priest
[Floor 7b]
Team Taishyr vs. Rydia, FF5 Ifrit, FF5 Titan, FF5 Shiva, FF5 Ramuh and Mist Dragon
Team Taishyr vs. FF5 Atomos
*Full Heal*
Team Taishyr vs. Gilgamesh, Garnet and FF5 Carbuncle
Team Taishyr vs. FF3 Summoner, FF5 Summoner, FFT Summoner and Eiko
*Full Heal*
Team Taishyr vs. Yuna's Aeon Chain (Yuna's aeons are fought one at a time as one continuous battle. When one is defeated the next one is summoned. Buffs and status carry over from one fight to the next. Order is predetermined as Valefor-Ifrit-Ixion-Shiva-Bahamut-Yojimbo-Anima-Magus 3 and then Aeonless Yuna)  

Team Monkey |  Jessica, Mew (Firefly), Rosa, Lucian & Shiho
[Floor 2b]
Team Monkey vs. FFT Knight, FFT Archer, FF1 Black Wizard, FF1 White Wizard
Team Monkey vs. Frog and Crono
Team Monkey vs. FF9 Freya, Kain and FFT Lancer
Team Monkey vs. Gilliam, Oswin, Galleon and FF1 Knight
Team Monkey vs. FF4 DS Cecil and Nina4

Team Bardiche | Deis2, Eileen, Lucian & Shiho, Eiko (MT), Nall
[Floor 2a]
Team Bardiche vs. Milon, Baigan and Kainazzo (FF4 SNES)
Team Bardiche vs. Booster and Mack
Team Bardiche vs. Scarmiglione-Z (FF4 DS)
*Full Heal
Team Bardiche vs. Kary and Kraken
Team Bardiche vs. Augus and Nimufu (BoF2)

Multitarget - One person on the team's actions all become Multitargetted. However, the damage of regular attacks, the healing of all spells that restore HP or MP, the status rates of status spells or attacks and the effect of buffs or debuffs (rounded down to the nearest half point in the case of Pokemon) is reduced to 50% of the original base chance. (For example, Deadly Fingertips has a max 50% chance of hitting all targets.) This applies even if there is only one opponent left.

Firefly: One member of your team becomes the target of all Single target attacks. This effect will override any elemental, status protection or resistance (Reflect, etc. also do not work). The target of this effect may not have damage to them reduced in any way; in addition, revival effects take effect on the character with this sealstone after the current fight is completed. This effect may not be used on Worker 8 or Jane.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 05:49:56 PM by Nephrite »

Bardiche

Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 17
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 05:18:11 PM »
Team Bardiche | Deis2, Eileen, Lucian (MT) & Shiho, Eiko, Nall
[Floor 2a]
I actually wanted to move the MT Sealstone to Eiko here. Just to note.

Team Bardiche vs. Milon, Baigan and Kainazzo (FF4 SNES) - This fight is fairly academic. Deis has two options here: boost Lucian's attack with Atk Up, or Freeze Kainazzo. This fight fails at dealing damage, and I have good physical offense in Lucian, who can simply pick off Kainazzo, then Baigan and uh, lolmilon. Healing shouldn't be a problem.
Team Bardiche vs. Booster and Mack - Mack is made short work of. Deis can Def Up Shiho to ensure she lives through whatever happens. Lucian chips Booster, and then they bumrush him before he gets to use his strongest attack.
Team Bardiche vs. Scarmiglione-Z (FF4 DS) - Eileen can Copper Flesh Shiho here to save the durability. Uh, Scarmi only counters Magic according to the stat topic, so Deis and Shiho boost defense and offense and watch Lucian do a number on Scarmi: Lucian doesn't have a speed stat to decrease, so haha Scarmi.
*Full Heal
Team Bardiche vs. Kary and Kraken - The team's fully healed, so Eileen's back to prime condition on her magic charges... for as much as is necessary. Seems like a fairly easy fight, as far as I can tell: The team can buff their defenses so that Kary and Kraken don't OHKO anyone, and from there the fight just goes downhill for them.
Team Bardiche vs. Augus and Nimufu (BoF2) - Nimufu eats it to Deis. If you don't see Deis OHKOing her, there's Eileen who can tack on that little extra Oomph. Assuming Deis DOES OHKO, though, Eileen Copper Fleshes Shiho, Shiho Might Reinforces and Eiko casts Protect. Augus alone can't kill this team.

Monkey and Sage pass their floors. Thinking on Tai.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 05:49:37 PM »
Oh, sorry, let me fix that.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 05:57:22 PM »
Tai deserves a blow by blow breakdown.

Team Taishyr vs. Rydia, FF5 Ifrit, FF5 Titan, FF5 Shiva, FF5 Ramuh and Mist Dragon: I... think. Garnet summon + kyra slasher physical would sweep all of the enemy team except for Ramuh and Ifrit, but Ramuh and Ifrit go first. Ifrit paralyzes Garnet and Ramuh seriously hurts Kyogre. Tai's team can heal that stuff off, and Kyogre can score a kill on Rydia with hydro pump, but all the bosses get turns. Shiva OHKOs priest, Ifrit reparalyzes Garnet, Titan and Ramuh gang up on Kyogre and kill him... Maya and Kyra can't recover from this. The rest, for shits and giggles:
Team Taishyr vs. FF5 Atomos: Hey, uh, too bad Atomos loses the ability to do damage after killing something and needs 14 turns to get rid of a corpse, huh? Alright, he nukes Kyogre. Even considering he doubleacts and has like 2x average speed for a 4:1 turnsplit, he's giving team Tai minus Kyogre 3 turns, and these girls have pretty good offense  - I gut around  I can't imagine an FF5 boss weathering their assault for that long. Unless OLD is some killer status that lets him put Garnet and Maya and Priest out of commission...? Not holding my breath here.
*Full Heal*
Team Taishyr vs. Gilgamesh, Garnet and FF5 Carbuncle: Gilgamesh statuses out Garnet. That lets evil garnet get a turn and she and carbuncle drop the priest. Kyogre can't OHKO anyone here, he probably can't even touch evil Garnet. Maya can recover someone... but then Gilgamesh gets a doubleturn and throws more debilitating statuses around and now 3 members of team Tai are out. Garnet and carbuncle go again and that's probably it.
Team Taishyr vs. FF3 Summoner, FF5 Summoner, FFT Summoner and Eiko: FF5 summoner has fast damage that OHKOs average... but not this magically tanky party, except for preist. The rest of these enemy summoners are slow and frail. Garnet summons, Kyra throws slashers, team collects win and heal.
*Full Heal*
Team Taishyr vs. Yuna's Aeon Chain (Yuna's aeons are fought one at a time as one continuous battle. When one is defeated the next one is summoned. Buffs and status carry over from one fight to the next. Order is predetermined as Valefor-Ifrit-Ixion-Shiva-Bahamut-Yojimbo-Anima-Magus 3 and then Aeonless Yuna): hurf durf all the Aeons are singletarget wonders. There are 3 magus sisters but they're too unreliable to put on overwheleming pressure and as soon as one dies the fight's a walk.

Tai still fails, thougs.

Sage passes. ST FLOOR WITH RAND WEARING FIREFLY.

I pass. Mew and Lucian have open season on squishy mages while meathead fighters flail uselessly at mew. In the dragoon fight, Luna will go off, but those guys can enjoy BERZERKED LUCIAN beating the crap out of them.

Bard passes. Just spam copper flesh on Shiho and let her undo everything these bosses throw out.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 06:01:00 PM by Monkeyfinger »

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 07:03:39 PM »
Team Sage!

May as well get this out of the way.

Don't really think the floor needs a blow by blow breakdown, it's too simple for that.

Generally speaking, the key parts to mention feel like:

A: Yaaay Sylphid's now. (Possibly Salamando. Depends on how you see SoM.) So I can Balloon people into uselessness.

B: Yaaay Come Back's probably now. (L11.) Sleepy Time's L9, too.

C: Yaaay I can Spark enemy Wren with my Demi but enemy Demi can't do that because she has to hit Rand. ^_^

The rest is pretty obvious, I think? The enemies badly struggle to get past the time-staggered healing, and I can bring back Rand the next fight each time. Purim can just knock out enemies until the damage becomes easily managed, and work from there. None of the fights should really take long enough to strain resources, they're not big fights and they're not against tanks. Heck, Stone Saber works just as well and applies status multiple times for cheaper; Just slap it on Purim and have her punch things.

Team Sage passes.

Edit: Oh right other votes. *cough*

Team Tai...

Logic to him falling seems to be FF5 team and Gilgy?

Not buying Gilgy at all, even with a status blocker on Garnet. Priest is faster to me, too. Maya can wall all of the damage on the entire time, I think, Gilgamesh, Dagger and Carbuncle were damn near entirely magic and if I'm forgetting something of Gilgamesh's I don't buy that he can't be cannoned down by Kyogre and friends, my respect for him isn't *that* high.

So that leaves FF5 summons, which...I do respect the durability of but...not quite enough. Team Tai makes it to me.

Team Monkey passes, again, Mew respect for early floors makes him crunch things to powder for me with that Sealstone on. I may have to think about it on floor 3, but this is mostly ST damage. (Admittedly I'm not sure Crono+Frog can't down Rosa with MT, I think her relative early durability might've been even worse. But it doesn't come up, Shiho starts with Invoke Feather.)

Team Bardiche passes. I think Eiko had access to Life from the moment you got her, and there's nothing here that can't be handled by throwing Copper Flesh on Eiko during a hard part just in case, and just mashing the hell out of the rest. Good early dungeon team.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 11:24:45 PM by SageAcrin »
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 07:10:04 PM »
Team Sage | Demi, Purim, Princess Toadstool, Brey, Rand (Firefly)
[Floor 3a]
*All MT is ST and targetable
Team Sage vs. Eiko, Garnet and Rydia - Rydia dies before she sees a turn, Eiko and Garnet can only focus on Rand.
Team Sage vs. Geddoe and Hugo - Peach plays the status game here.  Edit: Right, Purim has Balloon now.  This makes things better.  Revive Rand if it's needed, because...
Team Sage vs. Naoto and Ken (P3) - Oh boy deathwhores.  Well, at least Ken can't land it turn 1, but I've been given the impression that Naoto can.  So Naoto kills Rand, Peach and Purim do more statusin'.
Team Sage vs. Ephraim and Yosuke - BALLOONS~
*Full Heal
Team Sage vs. Demi, Wren and Aigis - Rand totally has thunder magic which he can use to knock Aigis down and get an extra turn!1!! *ahem*  In all seriousness, the enemies kinda struggle with killing Rand... so, yeah.  Also Spark.  Which I somehow managed to forget about.

Team Taishyr | Kyogre, Maya (MT), Garnet, Kyra, FFT Priest
[Floor 7b]
Team Taishyr vs. Rydia, FF5 Ifrit, FF5 Titan, FF5 Shiva, FF5 Ramuh and Mist Dragon
Team Taishyr vs. FF5 Atomos
*Full Heal*
Team Taishyr vs. Gilgamesh, Garnet and FF5 Carbuncle
Team Taishyr vs. FF3 Summoner, FF5 Summoner, FFT Summoner and Eiko
*Full Heal*
Team Taishyr vs. Yuna's Aeon Chain (Yuna's aeons are fought one at a time as one continuous battle. When one is defeated the next one is summoned. Buffs and status carry over from one fight to the next. Order is predetermined as Valefor-Ifrit-Ixion-Shiva-Bahamut-Yojimbo-Anima-Magus 3 and then Aeonless Yuna) - Argument for Tai's team seems sound enough.

Team Monkey |  Jessica, Mew (Firefly), Rosa, Lucian & Shiho
[Floor 2b]
Team Monkey vs. FFT Knight, FFT Archer, FF1 Black Wizard, FF1 White Wizard - Bunch of scrubs.
Team Monkey vs. Frog and Crono - Crono is easily handled.  Frog fails forever.
Team Monkey vs. FF9 Freya, Kain and FFT Lancer - Yes Luna is a totally awesome idea and won't lead to a crazed Lucian smashing faces this plan can in no way go wrong.
Team Monkey vs. Gilliam, Oswin, Galleon and FF1 Knight - Seems simple enough
Team Monkey vs. FF4 DS Cecil and Nina4 - Yeah, this isn't a problem for Monkeyfinger's team.

Team Bardiche | Deis2, Eileen, Lucian & Shiho, Eiko (MT), Nall
[Floor 2a]
Team Bardiche vs. Milon, Baigan and Kainazzo (FF4 SNES) - OH NOES BAIGAN HAS REFLECT INSTANT FAIL.  Except, y'know, for everything else.
Team Bardiche vs. Booster and Mack - Deis drops something on Mack's head, Lucian splatters Booster.
Team Bardiche vs. Scarmiglione-Z (FF4 DS) - The combination of Deis and a Might Reinforce'd Lucian.  It makes things weep.
*Full Heal
Team Bardiche vs. Kary and Kraken - Second verse, same as the first.
Team Bardiche vs. Augus and Nimufu (BoF2) - And Team Stabbing Implement wins in a laughter.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 06:49:54 AM by Random Consonant »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 07:24:13 PM »
Someone actually got to my floor, Awesome!

That being said, wow the changes Neph made to it are pretty brutal. Tai fails somewhere in the floor.

Team sage passes due to firefly on the ST floor. Some of the fights are close because Demi's the only one with revival right now, but Balloon helps and the Full Heal comes at a good time.

Mew and Deis 2 are still at their best so they also pass fairly easily.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 01:31:00 PM »
Toadstool's revival was decided to be F4/5 yeah. Probably doesn't matter though. Dunno about Purim either.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 01:42:08 PM »
Team Taishyr vs. Gilgamesh, Garnet and FF5 Carbuncle: Gilgamesh statuses out Garnet. That lets evil garnet get a turn and she and carbuncle drop the priest. Kyogre can't OHKO anyone here, he probably can't even touch evil Garnet. Maya can recover someone... but then Gilgamesh gets a doubleturn and throws more debilitating statuses around and now 3 members of team Tai are out. Garnet and carbuncle go again and that's probably it.

Hm. Kyra is faster than Garnet, and Garnet actually can't immune Water - only halve it, so Kyogre still can damage her. THIS SAID, Kyogre probably ain't touching Garnet turn one (really crucial to put Gilgamesh down so he doesn't get more than those four turns), and Kyra's best approach here is actually PS4 SLEEP, since it at least stops Garnet from getting a turn and a half and is insanely accurate, even moreso off Garnet's pretty crappy MEvade (FF9's status defense stat), which should cancel out the okay MDef.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 09:05:28 PM »
Toadstool's revival was decided to be F4/5 yeah.

Huh, misremembered from last time then.

Oh well, she at least has sleep possibly(By the same logic that her revive's 4/5, the sleep probably is arguable for the moment you get her, so it'd probably be 3/4.), and Demi can revive. I think the amount of deaths that are even remotely certain can be handled by Demi, due to the fullheal. Might be more painful without that though.

Doesn't really matter, I think good healing and Balloon can get through that, and I...have no idea how Sylphid couldn't be floor 3. There's about five-ten hours of the game after you get the last Elemental, and something like that before the first, so I can't see how they'd not be all smooshed into 2-6(Well Dryad might still be argued as 7, but.). Gnome's a dungeon after Undine(And two bosses I think), and Sylphid's one dungeon/boss after that. Salamando's the one that takes a while after that.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 09:09:10 PM by SageAcrin »
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

Taishyr

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 04:01:20 AM »
Been lazy. Still am lazy. Since team is in contention, I'll actually vote on myself this time.

All pass.

Re: arguments for my team, c+ping IRC notes and editing slightly.

[22:38] > Also I am thinking I will not pass my floor simply because I have not had the energy to present arguments, but basically: first fight can't shut down the MT spam fast enough and the entire room's durability is complete crud, Maya/Garnet/Kyra MT spam break shit. Third fight is "Kyra sleeps Garnet, Priest is speed equip twinked for this floor so he can counter whatever status gets tossed out by Gilgy turn 1, Kyogre Scary Faces Gilgy, Maya speed buffs, fight goes downhill for enemies, see Snow breakdown"
[22:40] > This being said honestly I don't have the energy to argue it and it's a worthy floor to lose to, I'm just glad people recognize I steamroll the Aeon fight if I get there as that amuses me.
----
re: fourth fight

[22:46] <dude789> And if you just focus on him [FF3] then FF5 and Eiko smash your team.
[22:47] <dude789> Because they're both pretty close in speed.
[22:47] <dude789> FF3 has 61 agility. It looks like most have mid to low 50s.
[22:47] > dude: Remember. Maya walls FF3 completely. And pretty much walls FF5, Summoner physical doesn't register on the curve.
[22:47] * xornragefurydeathslaytoro nods.
[22:49] <dude789> Looking over the characters, it looks like only Ninja and Hunter beat Summoner in agility. Theif ties.
[22:50] * xornragefurydeathslaytoro nods. Right. So definitely speedy. Impressive. ...and Agility is the speed stat?
[22:50] > Agility: Base for evasion, and all multipliers besides Magic Damage ones. This MIGHT play a role in turn order but turns are fairly random.
[22:51] > This being said, it is the FF3DS speed stat.
[22:52] > ...though in that, Summoner sucks on both speed and damage.
[22:52] > Iunno. I'd be inclined to not weight it so heavily if Meeple's saying it only might play a role, but my FF3o memories are not that great.
[22:54] > So... yeah. I don't see that fight as too big a roadblock, either.

So... yeah. Fight 1 gets rushed, fight 2 is Maya solo time, fight 3 is kinda weird but once Gilgy/Garnet are down I can slowly whittle Carbuncle down, fight 4 Eiko/FFT get killed and Maya soloes, fight 5 is buff insanity time.

Also:

If you buy Maka Kaja and Calm Mind as stacking...

Kyogre's Hydro Pumps do 7.7x PCHP damage when they connect in the final fight string (Kyogre has plenty of buffing time). You want overkill, dungeon? Death Whale will grant you overkill.

NOTE: Yes, Gilgamesh is vulnerable to slow, according to boss topic. So Scary Face can probably lock him down just fine.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 04:06:13 AM by Taitoro »

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 04:28:03 AM »
Looks like an All Pass to me.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 05:22:35 AM »
Unfortunately for Tai, I allow Garnet to block sleep with an equip that has Alert attached to it. I don't think they can manage the third fight. Fail for Tai.

The other three teams pass. Sage's Rand is pretty damn hard to run over, even with the stat downs. Bard and Monkey pass, based on their respective arguments.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Taishyr

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 02:38:56 PM »
ThePiggyman: Then what can Gilgy do that cripples  my Garnet? >_> And without Garnet or Priest disabled, I don't see what the enemy team can really do to punch through my setup.

Also, Garnet only halves water - while giving Gilgy more turns is kinda painful...

Priest covers whatever Kyogre does, Kyogre soaks eGarnet, Maya speed buffs, Kyra whacks Garnet, my Garnet has the speed advantage thanks to Maya and finishes off eGarnet. This should badly damage Gilgy as well (Gilgy's defenses are nothing special and the HP isn't great; he just lives forever with those stall actions he gets before plot kicks in. I factor those turns in! But if I knock him into that plot range, he'll die soon enough). Gilgy can dodge one of Maya/Kyra/Garnet, so he's possibly not dead, but he goes into plot status as soon as other people get turns.

Carbuncle's got even better evade, durability, and reflects Kyra, so I don't trigger his limit attacks with the MT barrage anyway.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 02:49:04 PM by Taitoro »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 03:19:40 PM »
Gilgamesh has a bunch of status not just sleep. I think frog is the one that gets garnet.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 03:26:50 PM »
Frog is healable enough. The real problem would be Confuse. Since the team has a -bunch- of status healers and Gilgy is entirely ST, he still sorta needs to pick who he kills.

Taishyr

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 03:44:59 PM »
Esuna, Esuna~

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 11:05:37 PM »
ThePiggyman: Then what can Gilgy do that cripples  my Garnet? >_> And without Garnet or Priest disabled, I don't see what the enemy team can really do to punch through my setup.

Also, Garnet only halves water - while giving Gilgy more turns is kinda painful...

Priest covers whatever Kyogre does, Kyogre soaks eGarnet, Maya speed buffs, Kyra whacks Garnet, my Garnet has the speed advantage thanks to Maya and finishes off eGarnet. This should badly damage Gilgy as well (Gilgy's defenses are nothing special and the HP isn't great; he just lives forever with those stall actions he gets before plot kicks in. I factor those turns in! But if I knock him into that plot range, he'll die soon enough). Gilgy can dodge one of Maya/Kyra/Garnet, so he's possibly not dead, but he goes into plot status as soon as other people get turns.

Carbuncle's got even better evade, durability, and reflects Kyra, so I don't trigger his limit attacks with the MT barrage anyway.

Gilgy's Frog Song disables Garnet, and I'm doubtful as to whether Kyogre and Kyra can manage to kill eGarnet. Maya would have to pitch in herself to prevent Garnet from getting a turn, since Garnet is undoubtebly faster than Priest. And as you mention, giving Gilgamesh more turns is just making things worse.

As for Carbuncle, before he even loses anything, he's got elemental flavors of magic. With weakness, Bolt2's hurting Kyogre pretty bad, although I would imagine he would be focusing on the healers instead. He's not slow, either. While you try and get rid of Garnet and Gilgy, he's letting off some damage on the others.

It just feels like an uphill fight, unless you manage to disable eGarnet. Even then, Gilgy and Carbuncle speed aren't making life any easier.

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 11:09:19 PM »
Garnet from getting a turn, since Garnet is undoubtebly faster than Priest

Untrue. FFT Priest is the fastest mage in the game, and she's actually decently above average speed (110% or so with Thief Hats, average already factoring in that speed twinking. May be above, but I'm kneejerking her base speed is 9), and is also able to equip Thief Hats, helping that further. Being one point above average speed in FFT > being two points above average speed in FF9.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 11:11:17 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 11:20:37 PM »
Garnet from getting a turn, since Garnet is undoubtebly faster than Priest

Untrue. FFT Priest is the fastest mage in the game, and she's actually decently above average speed (110% or so with Thief Hats, average already factoring in that speed twinking. May be above, but I'm kneejerking her base speed is 9), and is also able to equip Thief Hats, helping that further. Being one point above average speed in FFT > being two points above average speed in FF9.

Oh, well, thank you for throwing that in. I'm quite surprised, I'll say. With that said, Priest can... would a staff thwack be enough to kill off eGarnet? How damaging was Kyra? I suppose he could Esuna Garnet, but again, that's letting eGarnet get a turn.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 11:22:56 PM »
Monkey & Bardiche pass, abstains otherwise, though Floor 7 looks pretty dire for Taishyr.  Like Piggyman, I let Garnet block Sleep, which sounds like bad news for Taishyr's team since any of Garnet's Ark / Ramuh / Bahamut / Odin sound horrible.

Re Priest speed hype debate, I know many people throw them out, but I'll just note that FFT charge times exist which tends to make Priest hype chancy at best (unless it's GOLD STAFF THWACK RARGH).

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 11:26:24 PM »
Kyra has a 3HKO to average, dunno if it's that high at -that- point (problem is her best damage by -then- being Fire, which Garnet can wall). The problem, however, is that you'll have to check whether can resist all the things she -needs- to and block Sleep at the same time. She needs to: wall fire. Wall Holy (Priest herself can threaten a 2HKO with Holy as well). Wall Water - which she can't immune, I already have to add, and Kyogre 2HKOs Garnet given she only halves Water. Kyogre is also slightly above average effective mdur when being hit by weakness - given how Garnet's Ramuh damage is very bad by this point and Carbunkle like 3HKOs at full HP, -all three of them need to drop on Kyogre to kill him even with weakness-hitting-. And I also have to add that Kyogre+Kyra Gigra (non-elemental alternative, although it's entirely moot if Kyra has Nagra. Also means Garnet doesn't bother with Fire resistance, though - and it also means Garnet -definitely- dies to Kyogre+Kyra+Priest)+PRIEST GOLD STAFF THWACK RARGH may be enough to kill Garnet anyway, especially given how she should be forced to make some defensive sacrifices to get the elemental walling+status walling she needs.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 11:29:32 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2009, 11:38:14 PM »
Kyra has a 3HKO to average, dunno if it's that high at -that- point (problem is her best damage by -then- being Fire, which Garnet can wall). The problem, however, is that you'll have to check whether can resist all the things she -needs- to and block Sleep at the same time. She needs to: wall fire. Wall Holy (Priest herself can threaten a 2HKO with Holy as well). Wall Water - which she can't immune, I already have to add, and Kyogre 2HKOs Garnet given she only halves Water. Kyogre is also slightly above average effective mdur when being hit by weakness - given how Garnet's Ramuh damage is very bad by this point and Carbunkle like 3HKOs at full HP, -all three of them need to drop on Kyogre to kill him even with weakness-hitting-.

Carbuncle's is a 2HKO on Kyogre, thanks to weakness. And Garnet's likely not bothering with Ramuh, instead busting out Ark or Odin.
 I'm uncertain as to whether Priest can actually get off a Holy before Garnet gets a turn. That spell's got a charge time.

Also, I made a mistake, it's not Alert that prevents Sleep, it's Insomniac. Pardon that little mistake. In any case, Garnet can opt for a Glass Armlet (water-halving), a Holy Miter (Insomniac) and an Adaman Vest (fire-halving). So, she can do most of it.

EDIT: Well, if she doesn't bother with Fire, nevermind the Adaman Vest, she's likely opting for the best defenses she can get.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 11:41:50 PM by ThePiggyman »

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 11:39:40 PM »
Kyogre is also slightly above average effective mdur when being hit by weakness

He's below. 90% or something.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 11:45:59 PM »
Kyogre is also slightly above average effective mdur when being hit by weakness

He's below. 90% or something.

Right, 1.81x PC HP for mdur. It's Lugia who is above average. On  the other hand, this doesn't change the fact that Kyogre gets 3HKOed (I kneejerked Carbuncle's damage right, middling 3HKO, which can get lower depending on how harsh you are on the classes that face him and levels/whatnot), and Garnet can't really close that gap.