Register

Author Topic: Tourney of Interest Season 10?! Week 2  (Read 4387 times)

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
Re: Tourney of Interest Season 10?! Week 2
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 10:01:03 PM »

Heavy

Ragnar Blitz Lebrett (Wild ARMs XF) vs Worker 8 (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Has a middle name, is thus superior
Elincia (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)* vs Ephraim (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) - Whatever Tallychu said except I'd just let her wait if she went first~
Nell Ellis (Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm) vs Hildagard Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - Has an outfit more approved by Ko
Selen (Suikoden Tierkreis) vs Jude Maverick (Wild ARMs 4) - It's going to be like that first time everyone fought her all over again

Middle

Prier (La Pucelle: Tactics) vs Etna (Disgaea Series)

Light

Allen Ridgely (Xenosaga: Thus Spach Zarathustra) vs Black Wizard (Final Fanatsy) - ???
Regigigas (Pokémon) vs Chuck Preston (Wild ARMs 5) - Only CHUCK is allowed to win for ranked people
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 01:27:55 AM »
"*Runners 2 (14): Recover ~2TP  a second when free running."

This would be in addition to the TP regen he gets from the Maximum Dog Symbol.

I'm not sure Gale Dog lasts long enough for this Free Run recovery strategy to be viable...

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 01:40:20 AM »
I am. Trust me or try it yourself at endgame levels.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2009, 03:38:01 AM »
Repede (Tales of Vesperia) vs Janus "Magus" Zeal (Chrono Trigger)

Ragnar Blitz Lebrett (Wild ARMs XF) vs Worker 8 (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Elincia (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Ephraim (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) Elincia has higher movement. She lets Ephraim attack her and then runs away from him and staff regens until she's back up to full. She repeats this until Ephraim falls. Eventually she activates Stun and that's the match.

Prier (La Pucelle: Tactics) vs Etna (Disgaea Series)

Gordin (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon) vs Wil (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
Regigigas (Pokémon) vs Chuck Preston (Wild ARMs 5)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 03:44:20 AM by dude789 »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2009, 04:36:52 PM »
Godlike

Buffacow 9th (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Citan Uzuki (Xenogears)- I had more or less the same kneejerk as the Elf (that Citan's speed would fuck with a time card game), hence the match.
Repede (Tales of Vesperia) vs Janus "Magus" Zeal (Chrono Trigger)- Hm.  So Gale Dog chains well enough to avoid counters then?
Emil Castagnier (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series)- I was pretty much out of Godlike ideas.  Admittedly, I totally forgot about a few games.  Oh well.
Ruprecht Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Epsilon (Mega Man X: Command Mission)- Wow, I didn't realize that a) MMXCM had gravity besides Metacrush and that b) Hyper Modes immuned it.

Heavy

Ragnar Blitz Lebrett (Wild ARMs XF) vs Worker 8 (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Elincia (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)* vs Ephraim (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)- Another case where the elf confirms the kneejerk I based the match on.
Nell Ellis (Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm) vs Hildagard Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- No vote.
Selen (Suikoden Tierkreis) vs Jude Maverick (Wild ARMs 4)- My thought was that, since Jude is really fast and Selen's damage isn't terribly good, he might get enough turns through the stun to work it out.  But see below.

Middle

Chloe Hartzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Lemina Ausa (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)
Liese Randel (Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island) vs Mog (Final Fantasy VI)
Prier (La Pucelle: Tactics) vs Etna (Disgaea Series)- Hum.  Yeah sure.
Mao (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) vs Bowser Koopa (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)

Light

Allen Ridgely (Xenosaga: Thus Spach Zarathustra) vs Black Wizard (Final Fanatsy)- I guess?
Gordin (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon) vs Wil (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
Raspberyl (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) vs Nikki (Chrono Cross)- *reads* Oh wow he 2HKOs her without even trying.
Regigigas (Pokémon) vs Chuck Preston (Wild ARMs 5)- *maths*  Regigigas lives to his third turn for the kill by <5% HP and wins, I think.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 08:36:54 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 08:25:01 PM »
Selen (Suikoden Tierkreis) vs Jude Maverick (Wild ARMs 4)- My thought was that, since Jude is really fast and Selen's damage isn't terribly good, he might get enough turns through the stun to work it out.

Selen's damage is perfectly fine, and she has like 1.5 PC HP. Skipping turns is extra dangerous for Jude since it means the SPD buffing that makes Assault Buster painful is going to waste (Not to mention that Selen's speed is making it a little worse than normal anyways).
...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2009, 08:35:26 PM »
Wasn't she about a hundred below average?  That's fine in a vacuum but against Jude's defense that still gives him breathing room... *research* 20 points above.  So yeah, still within the realm of what I was thinking.  That said, not being able to abuse Rapid Attack is a pretty big hit to Jude so yeah, Selen should win anway *edits votes*

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2009, 08:42:04 PM »
100 below average really doesn't mean much when the average is like 1600 or something anyways.
...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2009, 08:43:22 PM »
Hence "fine in a vacuum".  It still 3HKOs.  But 3HKO physicals against Jude translate to, what, low 5HKOs?  So, wiggle room.