Author Topic: Henchmen Anonymafia - GAME OVER - SCUM WIN  (Read 37745 times)

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Henchmen Anonymafia - GAME OVER - SCUM WIN
« Reply #300 on: December 20, 2009, 06:19:26 PM »

Act IV.  Scene IV.
In 13xx Denmark, war was beginning...

Hoartio
What happen?

Fortinbras
Somebody set us up the hammer.

Guard
We get signal!

Operator
Main screen turn on.

Horatio
It's you!!

Dick, Earl of Gumshoe
How are you gentlemen??

Gumshoe
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead.

Horatio
What you say!!

Gumshoe
They were harmless townies make your time.

Gumshoe
Ha ha ha ha...

Horatio
Now cracks two noble hearts. Good night sweet princes:
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!
Wait, I was not referring to you fools with this.
Script-writer, I am going to cut you.

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 20, 2009, 06:29:34 PM »
Definitely didn't see that one coming. Especially not the Guildenstern lynch. >_>;
Good game, dood.
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 20, 2009, 06:52:27 PM »
(Guildenstern here.)  Looking back...  dang, we came really close to lynching Whim rather than Weasels Day 2.  I can understand coin-flipping equivalence between two lurkers but ugh.  (And Gumshoe helped turn it to Weasels, natch.)  We were also obviously close to lynching Gumshoe, too, before that train petered out!  Ciato / Tony was especially on point there, when she flipped from Gumshoe it was to Whim.  (I'd also point out I went Gilgamesh->Whim myself.)

And though I voted for Whim Day 2 I will admit she & Gumshoe were both pretty high in my esteem in general.  Oops.  And though I was right about Gilgamesh I wasn't able to *sell* anyone on that fact, and Carthrat did a good job at the lurking - there really wasn't much to build a case on aside from "I've got a bad feeling."  It occurs to me that in a game with some town lurking, scum can also abuse lurking as well so long as they're less of a lurker than the alternatives.

In my defense...  I can totally see why I appeared scummy, but eh.  I didn't want to make up stuff and I genuinely wasn't finding much to go on, which led to more "What person X said" than is healthy. My personal read was "the big topics of discussion all smell like town-town disputes gone horribly wrong, so I guess I should take aim at lurkers."  (Oddjob - Gumshoe, of course, turned out to be a proper town-scum dispute, and I was pretty confident that if any one of them was scum it'd be Oddjob.)

Anyway a fun game.  Good concept for the idea and the role-playing was fun (agree with booooooing Bard for scaring off the extra Axems).  I seriously considered posting the entire time in Shakespearean English but I knew some people would be less than pleased, and it'd be easy to misinterpt, so nixed that idea.  And though they weren't in for long, Ard & Liz get my "amusing roleplaying" nod.  Most everybody was pretty funny, so good times all around.

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 20, 2009, 06:56:58 PM »
I'm mostly not seeing why they went for you over Gumshoe, when Gumshoe was pretty much guaranteed scum at that point. They could figure you and Whim out with the rest of the day, and the next day. I dunno. LYLO just doesn't seem like the time to try and leave the definite scum around. (Which is why I was pushing so hard for the most guaranteed scum to be lynched, in that last haiku)
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 20, 2009, 07:02:02 PM »
[12:48pm] <Ranmilia> [23:45] <Serpentarius> Ultimately, it'll come down to Guildenstern, Oddjob, and me, with Guildenstern and I voting each other.
[12:48pm] <Ranmilia> ^ scum plan
[12:48pm] <SnowFire> Sounds right.
[12:49pm] <Laggy> So you would have been left to the whims of Dread Thomas

Since Oddjob voted for me anyway in an equivalent situation, this probably just sped things up with less fuss.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 20, 2009, 07:11:44 PM »
Since I feel I need to comment on it...

The scum view, for the first two days, was to have Gilgamesh shoot down either Gumshoe or Whim out of nowhere to lead to a lynch. Gilgamesh was chosen for two reasons - firstly, Roleblocker. Secondly, probably the best player of the three of us. >.>
Of course, with Bard's disappearance, we were forced to change that, and new!Whim decided to play on the strength obtained through Word of Mod. Unfortunately, when I came around, I had to make a rushed decision and claimed Town Watcher. I figured we needed more roles, and went with that - my initial plan was for Whim to claim the same and force a choice between us, but then I figured it might backfire and destroy both of us. That was why it was changed to Gilgamesh, since he was already suspicious anyways. It was somewhat annoying to return to find Gilgamesh dead instead of me, but that's how things go. In the end, it played out as our original new!Whim plan intended, with her keeping town rep > Guildenstern.
If I had returned in time to claim on the last day, btw, I would've risked it and claimed Smithers had killed Axem. I know it'd never work but, if nothing else, it'd not tie me to Whim at all.

I should have probably guessed characters, but I'd've only got three.
Oh, honourary mentions from me for roleplay. Ard, you were AMAZING. I was genuinely disappointed to have to see you die on N1! Also, Guildenstern and the Axems - it's a shame that the Axem group had to stop posting so early, although it was also very distracting, admittedly.

Oh, before I forget - sorry, Tom. I genuinely thought your actions were scummy, and just decided to play on that to create a huge debate out of it. If it means anything, I loved your "bag of nothingness" post on Day 1!

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 20, 2009, 07:13:47 PM »
Mage: read the topic. Gumshoe was 100% guaranteed scum, and it was better to push him out of the picture and work out who the other scum was with more townies around. I pushed Guildenstern over Gumshoe after reaching a consensus to guarantee that day 5 would go as I wanted it to should I die. It wasn't a matter of thinking Guildenstern was more scummy than Gumshoe or anything.

Snow: dude, sorry (and I was convinced it was you playing Gumshoe - guess I've done as poorly as usual with character guesses - I was also absolutely convinced beyond any doubt that Bardiche was Tony, admittedly having never played with Ciato before). It was just so obvious that you had to be the third scum and you had been set on innocent clueless lurker newbie mode as of the start of day 3 in order to yank at my conscience more than anything else.

There was absolutely no way in hell that I at least was going to conclude it was Whim. Barely present for apparently good reason and very little negative connection with the other scum. NeoWhim played a purely logical game and there's absolutely bog all you can do with that (other than quite how often she was present but silent, but then I do that a lot and so did Oddjob and the Axems at least), as so far as I can remember it was all completely true. Before I'm hit for the initial meta comment, I will stand by having not made the final decision based on it at all.

I don't mean to be harsh, but there's no way I could have brought town to victory with Guildenstern still alive at LYLO without another townie's word for him.

A random thing I find funny is that I wasn't going to play at all - I'm the 11th player who joined at the last minute on Excal's request to jazz up the game - and kinda sorta tried to be dead early on, and yet ended up as usual putting altogether too much time in again.

Snow Ninja: yeah, I wanted to wrap it up while there were at least myself and Oddjob around as guaranteed townies to work through everything together.

Yoshiken Ninja: oh, another wrong guess from me, then. I was convinced you were Gilgamesh.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 20, 2009, 07:16:21 PM »
Yoshi: wait, you were Gumshoe and you thought you could risk claiming that I killed the Axems? We had you tied up 100% as scum, there was nothing for you to do in any way. Had you appeared I would have completely ignored whatever you said as scum smoke screening, which is why I assumed you never showed up, much like Gilgamesh's disappearance in day three.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 20, 2009, 07:31:32 PM »
Yeah, I knew it'd've been written off instantly. Still might as well throw something out there, and it was never going to be Whim/Guildenstern, in case I risked changing the opinions people already had.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #309 on: December 20, 2009, 07:38:24 PM »
[12:55:30] <Ranmilia> <Excal> EvilTom - Oddjob
[12:55:30] <Ranmilia> <Excal> Yoshiken - Dick Gumshoe
[12:55:30] <Ranmilia> <Excal> Bard - Whim
[12:55:30] <Ranmilia> <Excal> El Cid - Liz/Ard
[12:55:30] <Ranmilia> <Excal> Snowfire - Guildenstern
[12:55:30] <Ranmilia> <Excal> Mage - Prinny Squad
[12:55:30] <Ranmilia> <Excal> Ciato - MK Tony
[12:55:30] <Ranmilia> <Excal> Rat - Gilgamesh
[12:55:30] <Ranmilia> <Excal> Soppy - Weasle Squad
[12:55:30] <Ranmilia> <Excal> Kilgamayan - Axem Rangers
[12:56:33] <Ranmilia> Smithers... signed up late and Excal never actually told me who it was
[12:56:36] <Kilgamyon> Xanth.

I suppose this is Bard's revenge on Xanth for AnonyRandom and Animafia. Or it would have been if he didn't have to drop out.

Apologies to Xanth and Ciato for Day 2, I didn't really mean to be that aggravating. >_> At least it did a good enough job of keeping both Xanth and myself alive into Day 3.

rofl @ Rat for getting squeezed out as scum more than being discovered. It seems like that's the only way he ever gets caught.

Anyone that disliked the Axem cutback can yell at Bard.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Bardiche

« Reply #310 on: December 20, 2009, 07:44:56 PM »
I suppose this is Bard's revenge on Xanth for AnonyRandom and Animafia. Or it would have been if he didn't have to drop out.

:( THAT WOULD'VE BEEN NICE. But yeah, right around when mafia started my family decided it was time for FAMILY BONDING so we did a lot of things together. I wasn't too much in the Mafia mood but tried to participate the earlier days... but that bombed so I dropped.

I've a good feeling Town might've sniffed me as scum had I been actually active, though, so the replacement's probably what sealed the deal on who won.

Props to El Cid and Ciato. I loved their roleplay the most.

Xanth

• Denizen
  • Girls go on dates on Valentine's Day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 20, 2009, 07:46:32 PM »
Wow, I guessed most of the right players... just almost all in the wrong positions.

And yeah, as fun as the multiple Axems were and all, I'm the sort of guy who spends a lot of time re-reading people's posts through the 'Show the last posts of this person.' option to forge opinions, and multiple accounts makes that a nightmare.

Ninja: yeah, I don't really want to comment on what would have happened with a more active Whim, as that's a different game entirely.

Bardiche

« Reply #312 on: December 20, 2009, 07:47:56 PM »
I hadn't a case on anyone. I saw all of you and couldn't shake off the "God, I'm building cases on trivialities" feeling.

I suck as scum. And yet I've been scum more than anything else.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 20, 2009, 08:12:33 PM »
Alright, now for Mod thoughts.

I see Kilga's already done you guys the kindness of posting who was who.  I'll need to actually dig through all the guesses later in order to actually see how accurate people were, but the only folks who were consistantly guessed were Rat, Xanth, and Tom.  Alex was also consistantly guessed, as Guildenstern, but Alex was not playing, and therefore that does not count.

As for roles,

Ard - Doctor, could not self protect.  I think that in a three scum game this was a mistake, and if I redid this, this is the one thing I would change.

Axems - Cop, sane.  With no Godfather, he was meant to basically be accurate.  He also got lucky in a sense, managing to find two townies who were not killed so he could come into LYLO with some strong info.  To watch this luck almost blow up in his face was, interesting to say the least.  Also, he almost picked Whim on Night 2, which would have made for a very different game.

Prinnies - Ghostwriter.  Mostly because I just wanted something quirky.  It's main purpose, apparently, was to keep me from chattering about the game with Ciato after she got nightkilled.  ;_;  Why do I hate myself?

Gilgamesh - Roleblocker.  Token scum role.  Only ever got used on Smithers.  Killed before it could actually be useful.

Night actions:

Night 1
Scum - Kill Ard
Ard - Protect Smithers
Gilgamesh - Block Smithers
Axem - Cop Oddjob

Night 2
Scum - Kill Tony
Gilgamesh - Block Smithers
Axem - Cop Smithers

Night 3
Scum - Kill Axem
Axem - Cop Whim

Night 4
Scum - Party in Vegas off proceeds of selling Gilgamesh's sword collection.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 20, 2009, 08:31:50 PM »
Sorry if you wanted to do the dramatic name reveal yourself, but once Alex pasted them on IRC I assumed they were fair game.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
  • Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 20, 2009, 08:39:15 PM »
oh we won?

Super.

Ciato is terrifying. Geezus. Voting all three scum in day two? o-o
Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 20, 2009, 08:44:04 PM »
If I had honestly cared, I'd have done it personally before going to sleep.  S'cool.

On a side note, I am considering going for another anonymafia game in January.  This time going with a villain motif instead of henches.  Similar absurdly large pool of choices will be come up with, along with the ever popular write in option.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 20, 2009, 08:49:22 PM »
Heh, this game gave me the idea of running one of those! It's currently in progress on another forum~
Best idea of mine in my opinion? Team Rocket. From the anime. Fuck yes.

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 20, 2009, 09:17:16 PM »
Aw, I wanted to hammer to end the game.  Anyway, I'd be posting under my real account, if not for the fact that I don't have one here yet.  I may end up becoming a regular here, though.  Maybe I should keep this account? :3

Not a whole lot to say about my own play.  I sensed that Guildenstern had a lot more suspicion against him than I did, so I decided to play it safe and post as little new content as I could.  Once I narrowed my actions down to a set of logical requirements, that allowed me to just step aside and let the game take its course.

It was quite a fun game to read, though.  I'd say that Guildenstern's roleplay was my favorite.

Bardiche

« Reply #319 on: December 20, 2009, 09:28:30 PM »
Hijacking Whim? I'm afraid I'll refer to you as Whim for the rest of your stay here, then.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 20, 2009, 09:58:07 PM »
Guildenstern gets the roleplaying prize. And heh, scum thought Smithers had a power role, I guess?

I was having a lot of fun with the flavor text and was sad to be killed, moreso given that 2/3 of my day-end guesses were right. Gumshoe was totally giving me a Hime-mafia Sopko vibe but no one listened to me amidst all the other antics going on. I dunno if I would've called Whim, had I still been alive at the end; there wasn't a lot to go on and the new player made good use of that (this in itself should've been suspicious, I guess). I'm still baffled at Gumshoe not being killed when everyone was sure he was scum, but eh, that's been hashed over in chat.

I didn't call any of the players correctly, but that's something I always fail at. The only real guesses I had were Axems = Ciato and Smithers = Alex (because I assumed alex had to be in there somewhere).

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 20, 2009, 10:12:49 PM »
I'd definitely play a January Anon game.

EDIT: For the clueless, can someone tell me what LizArd, Tony and Whim were all from? Everyone else I know to a degree.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 10:30:43 PM by Kilgamayan »

Xanth

• Denizen
  • Girls go on dates on Valentine's Day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 20, 2009, 10:48:29 PM »
How many times do I need to say that lynching Gumshoe was a triviality? If there was a high score table and we were looking to min-max the number of scum left at the point of loss or whatever then sure, we'd have gone for Gumshoe first, but we had to make the choice at some point, and given that there's nothing artificial like that it was better for us to do it with both myself and Oddjob around. As I was as ever expecting to be the next night kill (looks like I was always the bridesmaid on this one, thanks to my terrible scum radar this game), it was the only way to guarantee that a theoretical day five would play out correctly posthumously.

I may have generally sucked at the psychological aspect of the game, but even in my panic I think I had the logical side down pat, and leaving Gumshoe to day five is one of the few things I don't regret doing.

And yeah, I'm unsurprised I was guessed fairly predictably, given my idiosyncrasies, time zone and inability to role play (also, Smithers was drawn at random for me). Next time I don't think I'll even try, as it only ever leads to early confusion.

Oh, and definitely sorry for striking a nerve late day one, Ciato - I trust you can see that that was completely unintended, as I never thought it was you, nor would have known that would have been taken so badly.

But blah, enough of the foul mood, as much as I whine I do hate souring the mood. I'm still fine to play more games - I only didn't intend to play in this game so that it definitely wouldn't play out like the previous game.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #323 on: December 20, 2009, 10:53:31 PM »
Ciato as Tony was the only guess I really made (not that I announced it).  I mean, aside from the use of the term "Weeaboo" it was just entirely too Ciato.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 20, 2009, 10:54:03 PM »
Liz and Ard are from Wild ARMs 2, and Tony is "MK Tony," which I guess means Mana Khemia. I don't see the point in henchTonys other than the WA4 variety, but that's me.
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.