Author Topic: Henchmen Anonymafia - GAME OVER - SCUM WIN  (Read 37815 times)

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Henchmen Anonymafia
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2009, 12:48:27 AM »
Rosencrantz
Any signs of intelligence yet?

Guildenstern
Nope.

Rosencrantz
Then this missive will not add much, mostly because neither Tony nor the Weasels have posted further!

Guildenstern
Even ignoring the Weasels' joke vote earlier in the day...  can I suggest to others to ask what they have done otherwise?  Suspect me, yes, but precious little else.  Hamlet has done more in his moping, as has even our silent assassin Mr. Job.

Rosencrantz
Well, without having seen either Tony or the W. Squad post, there's not much for us to add.  Prinies, it's nice that you've joined us, but...  I'm not sure you're getting anywhere with that.

Guildenstern
But it's still not as bad as the weasels, who at best have been useless, and at worst attempting to lurk through Day 1.  I perhaps may be biased but so it goes.  Vote continues to stay weasely.

Over 9000

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2009, 12:50:24 AM »
ARD. ARD ARD. Ard? ARDARDARD.

Liz: Oh my! I know I poked the prinnies with a Scientific Research Prod, but Ard and I weren't quite expecting to see all that in response. Reports by Whim and the Axems have already drawn the proper conclusions about this posting style: the ratio of words to actual content is terrifyingly large. Prinnies, having a summary of all events to occur over the last two days might be convenient, but it certainly took a massive amount of time to type up and it ultimately tells us almost nothing about you. You make what's surely the longest speech of this convention and your conclusions are barely a blip in comparison. Ard speculates that this might be an effort to look productive while not actually being so, and would consider placing his vote on the prinnies were we not still waiting for our previous vote to serve its purpose (Dick Gumshoe hasn't spoken since our vote; just as importantly, we still wish to hear what others think about him).

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2009, 01:09:35 AM »
Ard and I have taken a close look at this detective's reports and found that most of his data is actually derived from material originated by others, as though Mr. Gumshoe were watching for safe cases while avoiding making one of his own. His suspicions of the Axems, Tony, and Guildenstern echo those of others alarmingly closely.
It's like the Axem said himself, pal. As for Guilstendern, that was as much about the excessive - what was it you guys called it? 'flavor'..? - as it was about the lack of contribution.

Ano, Gumshoe-san... first you say Whim talks too much, now I say too little?
Look, pal. When you talk, you talk a lot. It doesn't help our investigation, though. If you're gonna keep yammering on, at least give us something to work with, you know?

It's been a rough day, pal. I've been working 25 hours a day just so I can get a decent meal, and they expect me to read through pages and pages of files? I'm not liking that at all right now. (IOW, less WoT please.) Still, good to see that everyone else has reappeared in the time I've been working!

That post by the penguins is bad news, pal. I don't like a journalist at the best of times, let alone when they're supposed to be investigating. That said, they really don't seem like the criminal type! Just... a really bad witness? Although some things there really raise my hackles, like their entire "case" on the Axems. This is why I hate those journalistic types - lots of talking, but they always seem to miss the key points, and it turns out useless, since you have to re-read the posts to know the context anyway.
---
W-whoa! Jammin' Ninjas all round! I'm agreeing with Guilstendern, though - where'd those weasels get to?
Ard, pal, I'm... really not seeing your case, honestly. Seems like the only basis was that I'd been taking other cases only, which was then proved to be wrong? Am I missing something again, pal?

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2009, 02:01:41 AM »
If you're looking for stuff we actually have to say, dood, then ignore the recaps. That was purely a convenience thing. (Etna doesn't pay us enough to go through every little detail over and over again in each and every post, dood!)

You sure seem to be acting strange of late, Ard, dood. Even after your only case on Gumshoe is proven wrong, you continue to vote for him, and don't mention any other reasons why. Care to enlighten us now that Gumshoe has spoken, dood?

Guildenstern does bring up a good point, though, dood. The weasels certainly haven't done much this game, despite all of their talking.

We'll definitely take a closer look at that, Gilgamesh, dood. Your actions certainly make more sense now. And we're glad Smithers is around, even if we're still waiting on him to respond, dood.

Ard and Tony are definitely climbing the ladders of suspicion, dood, but Smithers still tops it, for now. Definitely wanting to hear from those three, though, dood.

Over 9000

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2009, 03:52:25 AM »
Ard? Ard! Ard ard. Ard ard ard. ARD ard ard ard ard!

Liz: Ard is confident that our behavior is precisely as strange as it has always been, prinny squad. Er...What I mean to say is that despite your attempts at unrestrained summarization you seem to be overlooking important facts, sacrificing important details for an attempt at sweeping scope. I will demonstrate this by debunking the following assertion:

You sure seem to be acting strange of late, Ard, dood. Even after your only case on Gumshoe is proven wrong, you continue to vote for him, and don't mention any other reasons why. Care to enlighten us now that Gumshoe has spoken, dood?

ARD. Ard ard. Ard! Ard ard ardardard ard ard!

Liz: We made it quite explicit in our last statement why our vote remained on Dick Gumshoe. "Dick Gumshoe hasn't spoken since our vote; just as importantly, we still wish to hear what others think about him." It's a waste of time and a vote to unvote before the object of suspicion has had a chance to respond to the charges! Additionally, the case you flatly declare to be "proven wrong" has not been conclusively shown as such. The Axems correctly point out that Dick Gumshoe made a valid point against the Axems that no one else had considered, but this hardly absolves every case that Mr. Gumshoe has made. Other accusations he's made do overlap with those proposed by other henchpeople and this is behavior that Ard and I watch for because research has shown it to be an effective way for lurking dogooders to hide in plain sight. Remaining silent is not the only way for our enemies to try and avoid attention, after all.

But this missive is growing overly lengthy. To summarize, my theory about Mr. Gumshoe was not 100% correct, but I do still consider him someone worth watching. I will now shift the focus of my attention elsewhere, however, to something Mr. Gumshoe himself agrees with me about...the prinny squad. I have already expounded on the ineffectiveness of summary as a means of investigation, so I will now instead move on to the following comment:

Ard and Tony are definitely climbing the ladders of suspicion, dood, but Smithers still tops it, for now. Definitely wanting to hear from those three, though, dood.

Ardard ardard ard. Ard! ARD ard ard.

Liz: Now, this is perplexing for other reasons. Tony is "climbing the ladders of suspicion?" On what basis do you suspect him? The only mention you've previously made of him is a couple bullet points in your omnibus summary and you drew no conclusions about him then beyond a brief (if you'll pardon the vernacular) "talk moar." Others have made cases against Mr. Tony. You have not. And now suddenly he's one of your major suspects and you don't tell us why? Ard suspects bandwagoning and so do I.

##Unvote: Dick Gumshoe
##Vote: Prinny Squad

Over 9000

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2009, 03:58:24 AM »
It's been a rough day, pal. I've been working 25 hours a day just so I can get a decent meal,

ARD!

Liz: Twenty-five hours a day? So the time dilation device DID work! Oh joyous news!

Complete joke post, ignore and focus on the previous post if you must but I'm having too much fun to not do this.

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2009, 03:59:46 AM »
*Considering what has been said. Wonders how much time is left (Mod?).*

*Agreeing with Ard re: opinions on Prinny & Gumshoe.*

*Kind of wary of Guildenstern. At least consistent re: Weasels, which is agreeable. Going to take another look at the Guildenstern/Weasels thing.*

*Oddjob notices Tony is leading on 4 votes; that could chance easily.. would still like to know how much time is left.*

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2009, 04:48:01 AM »
So the maid wants only one of us to talk? What a killjoy! Whatever. I'll do it, but only because Pink will think I'm a great guy. Even more that she already does, of course!

These penguins are real jokers, aren't they? They feed us a bunch of info we already have and conclude with a list of people that need to speak up and attack based on Early Day 1 actions! Surely they can form a better strategy than that? The only thing sorrier than this is that Tony guy still not defending himself!

I'd talk more about them but that Ardovich guy already got to 'em good. Probably pushing for another promotion or something. No paint on my nose, I prefer this kind of work!

Hatman, Countdown says there's 13 hours left in the day. (I really am a great guy!)

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2009, 07:58:00 AM »
Ask and ye shall receive (eventually)

Day 1

Gumshoe (0): Tony, Smithers, Ard
Tony (4): Whim, Axem Rangers, Smithers, Oddjob, Gilgamesh
Guildenstern (2): Ard, Weasels, Gumshoe
Oddjob (0): Weasels, Gumshoe
Whim (0): Prinnies
Weasels (1): Axem Rangers, Guildenstern, Whim, Ard
Axem Rangers (0): Weasels, Gilgamesh, Ard, Gumshoe
Ard (0): Smithers, Axem Rangers
Smithers (2): Tony, Oddjob, Prinnies
Prinnies (2): Whim, Ard

Not Voting: No One

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.  There are 9 hours, 45 minutes remaining in Day 1.

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2009, 08:08:43 AM »
Tony is looking more suspicious because we're starting to see the case on him, dood. That's what we were talking about with Gilgamesh.

Other than that, we're still waiting for Smithers and Tony to come back with more than Smithers' "I'm alive" post, dood.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2009, 10:36:29 AM »
Okay, so here I am again. I'll follow through with a real post when I've actually read the mess, but I have one immediately pressing concern first:

Both Tony and the weasels have been out of our midst for coming up on 48 hours. What's going on there? In particular, assuming the former does not return, is there any point in stringing him up now? And also, if there is mysterious instantaneous combustion, will that cause night to fall instantly or not?

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2009, 10:58:22 AM »
Inactivity Modkills will never cause day to end.  However, town can choose to either lynch and ensure their death, or to wait for the modkill and get the extra kill, but accept that the poster in question can escape by posting at the last second.  As things stand, no Day 1 modkill is expected, though a Day 2 modkill may be a possibility.

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2009, 11:41:25 AM »

I don't like these "I'll stand and wait" posts, pal. If you're gonna take some action, take some action as soon as you can! Th-that's just... usually late for me! That's all, pal!
Both the Prinnies and Oddjob have done this here - although, at least the Prinnies actually present some reason for waiting, you know? Oddjob's just kinda standing around for the sake of standing around, and I don't like it one bit, pal.

##Unvote
##Vote: Oddjob

'though, if I'd been voting for Tony or the Prinnies before, it wouldn't be worth changing vote. The three of them all look pretty guilty to me, and they need to seriously start picking up the pace if they're gonna get anywhere soon, pal!

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2009, 12:15:48 PM »
On those questions addressed to me:

#57 Ard: cage-rattling here was just the panic-mongering of drawing attention to two people for having yet to show up, as you had surmised earlier. In the post you're replying to (#51), I was saying that if you weren't trying to draw attention to them (as you said at #27), then it was just more meaningless fluff, and that either way it read poorly. On the latter topic of fluff, I think we can agree to just drop it even given our difference in opinion, as it is no longer of consequence here.

#61 Oddjob: I made it clear in #51 who I thought were worse offenders (early Ard, Guildenstern and the weasels), although in fairness that wasn't near my direct response to you.

#69 Prinny Squad:
 -The weasels' cage-rattling was the panic-mongering of actually trying to suggest that the Axems' multiple spokesmen was inherently dodgy. I'm not sure why I need to explain this when not only I said so in my FoS post (#23), but this was the reason that everyone jumped on them at the same time.
 -You're thinking tl;dr on the wrong scale - Guildenstern's style is conducive for easy reading even if long, whereas Ard's blocks of obfuscated writing is/was not, so no, I see nothing wrong there. I have no problem (and indeed encourage) flavor that does not obfuscate (I simply outright suck at RP myself), so Guildenstern's style is fine by me for what it is.
 -Unvoting Ard and voting Tony because the former improving and the latter getting horribly worse is bad now? Now you're getting really horribly contrived.
-The Oddjob comment was as I was still around at the time. Lack of activity is a daft thing to throw at me, especially from you at that point, as I'd been gone for less time than you had been.
-Your later weasels point is at least mostly pointless given that I was on them for the early daft panic-mongering, which didn't follow through, after which they've fallen foul to the words:content ratio and then not being present and I've... talked about them for these very reasons (albeit the latter after this post in question). More pressing concerns, little more to say on them that they've had little more to say.

I don't know, it feels like you're trying to force it. I'll get back to you in a bit after I read the rest of your posts, but if it's all like that then it's looking like my vote is a choice between you and Tony (for more OMGUS action, no less).

Breaking it at this point. Actual new analysis to follow directly.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2009, 01:19:13 PM »
Smithers' List Of Bad Things
-Tony. No new content to comment on so I'll leave it at that.
-Guildenstern #55. I like your style, but agree with Gilgamesh #56 that the actual content of #55 was remarkable in its neutrality and effective non-existence. #75 is better, but only marginally.
-Oddjob #61, in which his entire case on Tony is based on time travel (Tony #44 not reflecting Smithers #51 - even though Oddjob #43 (immediately before the offending Tony post!) is anti-Smithers). Surprised this hasn't been caught before now, because this is one of the worst cases I've seen in a while.
-Prinny Squad #66 and #69. I know you were gone for a long time and all, but walls of text are horrible for the spirit, and you didn't even need to write most of it. In fact yeah, having actually now read the whole thing I can only conclude holy hell do I want my time back. Pointless, harmful, full of holes, and easily the worst thing that's happened to the game so far. Let me know if you actually want me to point out specifics, but that will take ages and another wall of text to embark on, and the nods of agreement I'm seeing from other people looking at those posts makes me feel like there's not much of a need.
-Whim #68 inconsistency. Oddjob=Gumshoe in the actual text, and then Gumshoe>>Oddjob in the final ratings. Please re-address this.
-Prinny Squad #78 for what feels like another horribly forced case, this time on Ard, the latter of whom I agree with regarding the potential bandwagon set up.

In fact, I really don't think I can justify doing anything other than:
##UNVOTE: Tony
##VOTE: Prinny Squad

I'm as suspicious of Tony as I ever was, but it's almost like you're trying to get lynched here, and I'm willing to take the odds of Tony spontaneously combusting or getting better at this point.

To ape Whim, the top of my list looks like: Prinny Squad > Tony > (some mess of Oddjob, the weasels and Guildenstern).

On other quick matters, I'm not finding much to take issue with Dick, and of the quieter amongst us I'm yet to take real offense with either Gilgamesh or Whim. Particularly Gilgamesh.

I'm off now, unless there are immediate questions to follow. I'll see if I can get on before the deadline, but odds are this is my last post of the day.

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
  • Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2009, 01:30:19 PM »
Yes, without any real responses, it's very hard to continue talking about my current case. But I have another thing to talk about.

Eight hours to go, and Gumshoe decides to open a new case when two other people who appear to seem just as bad to him are on the table to lynch? Why would you do that and not look at the existing cases? I can't think of intentionally spreading around suspicion and candidates at this point to be a good thing unless you're putting someone clearly ahead of others. As for the case on Oddjob, I can't see the problem here; he's standing around uh with his vote on Tony, and there really is nothing more to say about it from what I can tell.
Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2009, 02:17:51 PM »
We have an appointment with Mack today, so we can't stick around for too long.

This Tony fella - or dare I say Antonio? Possibly related to MARIO? - has been a total coward! He won't even show his face to defend himself! Pathetic! Goombas are more dependable than you! I'm not deviating from my attack plan at all!

Smithers, what are you doing? Word of Mod already says Tony isn't spontaneously combusting today, and after all this you think he actually has a chance to get better? You can't be serious! The penguins may look terrible, but at least they've been around to talk and defend themselves!

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2009, 03:32:05 PM »
Day 1

Tony (3): Whim, Axem Rangers, Smithers, Oddjob, Gilgamesh
Guildenstern (1): Ard, Weasels, Gumshoe
Oddjob (1): Weasels, Gumshoe, Gumshoe
Prinnies (3): Whim, Ard, Smithers

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to Lynch, not that we're in danger of that.

120 Minutes left in Day 1, or, 2 hours.

EDIT: I like failing in creative ways.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 03:50:47 PM by Excal »

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2009, 04:12:17 PM »
*Oddjob has decided he is comfortable with his vote on Tony; scum have more reason to go AWOL than town, and 'not defending himself' and 'trying to get lynched' =/= town behavior.*

*Oddjob notices Smithers tie up the vote by moving away from Tony and onto Prinnies, and whether there is any correlation between that and Prinnies putting Smithers to 2 votes.*

*Oddjob wonders if this will go to sudden death, as Tony is on 3 and so is Prinnies (Smithers on 2?).*

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2009, 04:17:25 PM »
Act I.  Scene IV.

Guildenstern
Still no weasels.

Rosencrantz
The hour is late, but it seems that no one is taking up the banner of weasel-slaying regardless.

Guildenstern
With respect to the Prinnies...  at first I had thought his recaps mere drunken babble, not helpful yet also harmless.  However, the Prinnies could certainly be accused of bandwagoning...   though the comment that "the Prinnies only noticed the case on Tony now" is potentially plausible (though everything was there when they were doing their giant recap post!).  Unsure.

Rosencrantz
Honestly, my gut is somewhat "incompetent townie" here, but...

Guildenstern
...we all know how safe it is to let that kind of excuse last.

Rosencrantz
Not really agreeing with Gumshoe's case on Oddjob, either.  Oddjob has been on the quiet side but I defintely feel there are much better targets.

Guildenstern
Wonder if anything interesting will pop up.  I shall stay around for a bit, see if any near-deadline developments occur.

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2009, 04:24:25 PM »
I am alive, I will be reading up on shit. I just woke up from literally working all day, brain fried, will not explain further at the risk of revealing my identity.

The mod asked me to say I'm reading and posting. So I am.

If anyone holds this against me with some bizarre logic I will be extremely displeased.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2009, 04:44:11 PM »
Day 1

Tony (3): Whim, Axem Rangers, Smithers, Oddjob, Gilgamesh

One hour remaining.

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2009, 04:59:36 PM »
So first of all, defense of ridiculous accusations:

Smithers: What the fuck are you talking about? Non-committal reporter types? Someone asked me to comment on other cases. I comment on other cases. You use it as a case against me? How frustrating. I summed out what I thought about each major case as well as throwing Whim into the fire because I suspect her.  Let alone the fact that you use my playstyle against me. I really fucking appreciate that. Really.

Axem Rangers: Conceded. I missed that part, which is pretty important.

##UNVOTE: Smithers

Gilgamesh's post is such a mess that I don't even know what to say to it. Our reasons weren't 'quite' the same? I baaasically considered Smithers as someone who said little and a lot simultaneously, but I believe (mistakenly) that he was being waffly because he was not voting. I was wrong. I didn't see where he said that. I try to read every single person's post fully but I've been busy. I feel like Gilgy has been pretty brash without the excuse of flavor, which is off-putting but not really scummy.

The person I personally see the strongest case for is Whim. Up until now I try to convince myself that there is content in her posts and that I'm just not reading it as well as I should because the way she talks drives me mad. I just don't see much there. Do I think voting for Whim would be helpful at all at this juncture? Not really. I want to say that she is not suspicious because she put me lower on her suspicion list but that's not really fair. I also think that her OMGUS claim against the Weasel Squad was outright wrong; just because you vote for the person who voted you doesn't mean you are OMGUSing. That was basically the only post they've made thus far that I thought was of any worth.

The problem here is that the Prinnies share my gaming style, which is to methodically recap things that are happening, vote based off the recap which is just as much airing out a person's thought as anything. Apparently people find this offensive but I think that it's fine. As perhaps suicidal as it may be, I don't really want to vote for them.

Weasels have been gone even longer than me and well honestly I've been gone a while and I can't fault them for this frankly. They have been light on content since the game began, the one major post being when they vote for Guildenstern. I... hm. I feel like that, for better or worse, I have done things to try to invoke discussion, and I feel like the Weasel Squad was light on that even when they were around (and the Axem Rangers thing feels unintended).

Oddjob... I like his posting style but I really wish he would have addressed what Smithers asked in the last post. Bad vibes but unjustifiable.

So basically I will not vote for Prinnies, I will not vote for myself, and I think Smithers has been significantly better in the latter parts of the day (even though I was harsh toward him earlier). Out of the major cases made that people will actually vote for, I feel like the one against the weasels is the best.

##VOTE: Weasels

As hypocritical as I might be for using part of my argument as lurking, but I feel like even beyond that it seemed like his posts didn't say all that much aside from the one.

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2009, 05:04:13 PM »
*Oddjob has stuck around to read Tony's response, and is reasonably satisfied; ##Unvote: Tony.*

*Oddjob agrees that the lack of weasels is worth a lynch; ##Vote: Weasels.*

*Oddjob is aware that he looks like is copy-catting Tony, but is acting on the best course of action. Oddjob doesn't want to rely on mod kill hammers and such.*

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2009, 05:16:32 PM »
Half an hour left.  Weasels and the Prinnies lead the scoreboard in what might be Sudden Death!

Day 1

Tony (2): Whim, Axem Rangers, Smithers, Oddjob, Gilgamesh
Weasels (3): Axem Rangers, Guildenstern, Whim, Ard, Tony, Oddjob
Smithers (1): Tony, Oddjob, Prinnies