Register

Author Topic: Henchmen Anonymafia - GAME OVER - SCUM WIN  (Read 37804 times)

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Henchmen Anonymafia - Day 2
« Reply #200 on: December 16, 2009, 11:44:55 PM »
And Time!  Stop talking, cause day is done!

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Henchmen Anonymafia - Day 2
« Reply #201 on: December 16, 2009, 11:54:31 PM »
And after the silence of the day, there was a sudden surge of voices.

"Y'know...  I don't think you've been acting straight, Whim." Tony mused,

"No!  It has to be that Shakespearian falsie, Guildenstern!" cried Smithers.

"Yer all wrong!" Gumshoe roared, "I got some decisive evidence here that the culprit's those weasels!"

Everyone looked set to argue, until a single man, with a single action ended it.  No one was quite sure how Oddjob was able to hit all five in a single toss.  But down they went, ghost weasels arising from their corpses.

The Weasel Squad Vanilla Town has been haberdasheried to death.

Having proven themselves wrong once again, town slunk back to their rooms, wondering who would not stand among them come morning.

Day 2

Smithers (0): Axem Rangers
Gumshoe (1): Tony, Oddjob, Gilgamesh
Oddjob (0): Gumshoe
Weasels (4): Whim, Axem Rangers, Gumshoe, Oddjob
Guildenstern (3): Weasels, Gilgamesh, Smithers
Gilgamesh (0): Guildenstern, Tony
Axem Rangers (0): Smithers
Whim (2): Tony, Guildenstern, Oddjob

No Votes: No One

Night 2 starts now.  Please send in your actions.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 11:57:11 PM by Excal »

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Henchmen Anonymafia - Night 2
« Reply #202 on: December 17, 2009, 12:30:01 AM »
Alright, post from the Mod.  It is looking like Whim is unlikely to return to play in full force.  Details are not finalized yet, however, if this does not change before 24 hours have passed in Day 3, then Whim will be modkilled.  If details are finalized, then this shall be noted by either Whim's participation, or Whim's modkill.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Henchmen Anonymafia - Night 2
« Reply #203 on: December 17, 2009, 04:27:45 AM »
Alright, so unfortunately, anonymous could no longer continue to play the game.  Fortunately, someone else was found.  I would like to thank anonymous for recommending anonymous, the replacement Whim.  Anonymous will be under the same restriction as the previous Anonymous, but I think it's safe to say that Anonymous can do it, for I have faith in Anonymous.

This message brought to you by not anonymous.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Henchmen Anonymafia - Day 3 LYLO
« Reply #204 on: December 17, 2009, 06:17:03 PM »
When everyone met the next morning, one more of their number did not show up.  A quick check of Tony's room found only a quickly scrawled note.  "He found me, how the hell'd he find m here?!" and signs of a quick battle involving a mechblade.  Of Tony, there was no sign.

And it was at this point everyone knew, they had alreadyhad their two strikes.  The next time, it'd all be over.

Alchemical Teacher Tony Vanilla Town has been Flaynapped.

Day three has started.  Due to LYLO, there is no deadline.

Oh, right.  And with 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2009, 06:28:38 PM »
Well. Um. Okay.

Roleclaim time. Town cop, returned Oddjob innocent Night 1, returned Smithers innocent night 2. It's irritating that, outside of insanity (Smithers might have something to say about this) or hitting the GF, I now have to look at Gilgamesh and all three people I guessed were Town, but there I go.

Major reread will have to come later, though, as I'm currently in the middle of something.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 17, 2009, 07:09:17 PM »
Great, with three scum (right? Or something crazy what now?) I damn well hope we have some power on our side.

I myself am plain vanilla town.

Opinion on Axem very much pending on the rest of the role claims, although it would be just my luck to get in a huge fight with the cop.

I'm very much looking at a Gilgamesh, Guildenstern and Gumshoe scum team if Axem rings true. Swap in Axem for Gilgamesh if not, and with Oddjob as the wild card who I had really not wanted to doubt. Awful tussle in my head as to which out of Guildenstern and Gumshoe I'd vote for first if pushed, as I'm all but sure they both are.

Horrible but obvious meta as to why I think Whim is innocent.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 17, 2009, 07:11:02 PM »
Oh, and first thought, Axem: I would be really surprised if there's a godfather in an 8/3 set up, at least in one where it matters. They've almost certainly got to be three mooks or maybe a minor power or two at best.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 17, 2009, 07:11:58 PM »
So in fact yes, he realises, if I can believe Axem then I'm all but certain it's the G Team.

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 17, 2009, 10:03:35 PM »
Still no reread yet (it will likely come later tonight), but a few musings, since no one else has bothered showing up yet.

I find myself in hesitant agreement with Smithers on the two matters he's discussed. I don't like completely throwing out the idea of a GF but I must agree that 8/3 with a GF is less likely in the face of, say, 8/3 with a Rolecop or Roleblocker or maybe one-shot Hitman, especially since we have two vanilla flips and a role that's 17 syllables away from being a third as well as Smithers' claim. 8/3 also kinda suggests Sane Cop because anything else seems downright evil.

On the subject of Whim...impulse says scum intent in pushing her and a 3G team, sure, but scum have known it's been 8/3 for the entire game and thus the idea of bussing cannot be overlooked because they certainly had bodies to spare. A Whim/Guildenstern/? (first guess would be Gilgamesh) trio must not be quickly discarded. Getting a Machine Made Whim in LYLO is annoying but hopefully now she'll be able to give us something more to work with than...well, nothing.

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 17, 2009, 10:18:51 PM »
Since that last paragraph kinda flew in the face of "hesitant agreement", I'll clarify and say that I can see a 3G team, but I think the possibility of Whim getting bussed is too strong to ignore.

Without doing that reread just yet my initial assessment of things is that I will most likely vote for one of Guildenstern or Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh for avoiding the major Day 1 trains entirely (in before people point out I was voting for Tony at the end of the day too, defense is that I said I would be gone while Gilgamesh made no such indication) and potential Guildenstern bussing, Guildenstern for potential Whim bussing and potentially getting bussed by Gilgamesh. Yes that is a lot of potentials but I have two innocent returns and three scum have to come from somewhere.

No solid assessment of Gumshoe yet, reread is necessary for that. Also possible Whim bussing given the nature of his end-of-day shenanigans I guess.

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 18, 2009, 12:03:39 AM »
Vanilla town here also.
Axem could be right, or it could be an Axem/Smithers/x scumteam, but that seems less likely.

Whim replacing into Lylo is very annoying.

Of course I think Gumshoe is the best bet, but I've been on his case since about day 1, so yeah..

At least our chances of hitting scum are better now than ever before!

Let's get those roleclaims out fast please people, we don't have a lot of time left.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 18, 2009, 12:10:48 AM »
Then I shall be explicit about what I meant by 'horrible but obvious meta':

A lot of silly stuff has gone on regarding modkills and going out of the way to get a replacement on short notice. I posit that Whim is town and Excal has basically been forced to go the extra mile to stop the game from ending from a modkill. If Whim were scum then modkilling after being gone for quite such a long time would still leave us in potential LYLO now and I don't believe that remotely as much of a fuss would have been made over it.

I know, I know.

Oddjob: yes, I face the mirrored possibility as the second case, although you should keep in mind that while townAxem => townSmithers/Oddjob, scumAmex =/=> townSmithers/Oddjob, as should be obvious to you assuming you're town.

I'm leaving further speculation until after the role claims come in, primarily as I don't want to put ideas in scum's head at this point.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 18, 2009, 12:19:05 AM »
Good going, Smithers. Screwing up simply logic. In the previous post:

scumAmex =/=> townSmithers/Oddjob

should actually read as:

scumAmex =/=> scumSmithers/Oddjob

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 18, 2009, 12:19:43 AM »
And also Axem instead of Amex. I'm on a roll today.

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 18, 2009, 12:29:05 AM »
Well yeah. Also I don't believe an insane cop would be in this setup. If he's really a towncop, then you're town as far as I'm concerned.

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 18, 2009, 01:31:58 AM »

Alright, pal. I'm a detective. I find, y'know, the leftover pieces of evidence at a crime scene, pal, and can tell who's been there. For those not in the industry, I guess you could call me a Town Watcher.
As it goes, I checked Smithers Night One, and he was targeted by Gilgamesh. Night Two, I got nothing from the Axems.

I'm... naturally reluctant to believe that copclaim, pal. I'm not really willing to accept that we've had two major Town/Town conflicts going on while the scum just sit on the side and watch, but... well, if the claim is true, I think it's fairly obvious who the remaining scum are.
I'm looking to see what evidence i.e. roleclaims the others put forwards. As it goes, I'm somewhat suspicious of an Axem scumteam, mostly looking at Oddjob > Smithers if that's the case. Somewhat more willing to trust the Axems though, thanks to the setup, and look at a Whim/Guild/Gilga scumteam.

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 18, 2009, 03:40:16 AM »
Tossing the roleplaying aside for the moment for maximum clarity, alas.  Three scum?  Aw cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud.  I sure hope we do have power to make up for it.  For reference, my secret power is to kill Hamlet via delivering our letter to the King of England, and since Hamlet is not a player in the game I am basically vanilla.

While trying to read Excal's mind on the meta is difficult, am curious to see if anyone else claims power roles.  Axem's copclaim is suspicious to me and very much has me thinking of an Axem / Oddjob / ? scumteam, but with 3 scum in an 11 player game?  Maybe we do have that kind of power of doctor / watcher / cop.  Also, if Smithers hadn't posted his "obvious meta" comment, I would have, so I'd strongly disagree with Gumshoe still thinking Whim is a viable lynch.  That seems to point pretty strongly toward Whim being town, and even on the off chance she's not, we can at the very least wait a day or two more and let her build a record.

Obviously also very interested to hear Gilgamesh's explanation for Gumshoe's investigation, especially if the Axem / Oddjob theory is wrong.  If we're "lucky" he will claim that Gumshoe is lying and we'll lynch one, but despite Gumshoe's strange belief that Whim is a viable lynch, I suspect far more that Gilgamesh is a scum roleblocker or the like.  Smithers was an aggressive and fairly town investigator on Day 1, so targeting him would make lots of sense for scum.  (Though it goes without saying that I think Smithers is wrong on being "practically certain" I'm scum.)  Otherwise, well, we'll have to see what Gilgamesh's claim is.

Agree with Smithers that the end of Day 2 was weird as hell.  On the other hand, I believe Whim is town, and know that I'm town and Weasels are town.  So who was "saved" from a possible lynch?  That would be Gumshoe and Gilgamesh.  Gilgamesh was only voted on by town, so that's out, so that would cast some doubt on Gumshoe?  (In fairness, for others, this also casts doubt on me.)  Or town was just generally barking up the wrong tree, which would be depressing.

Regardless of suspicions on Axem, I'm not eager to lynch him.  Obviously it's possible that town-Axem might not be killed overnight to try and pressure town into lynching him but that's still a terrible risk for scum to take.  Whim's already been covered.  Smithers, well, there are some scumteams I can maybe see him on but he's pretty low on my radar.  Oddjob...  okay, I already mentioned Axem / Oddjob is a definite possibility, but that reduces to lynching Axem basically (agree insane cop is unlikely).  If there really is an Axem / Oddjob team we can try and hunt the third member first (and maaaaaaaybe have more evidence on Day 4).  Gilgamesh and Gumshoe, well, I want to see Gilgamesh's post first.  But definitely leaning toward lynching one of them at the moment.

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2009, 04:30:49 AM »
Guildenstern, if you think Whim is town and are not "eager" to lynch me, who is your proposed scum team?

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 18, 2009, 04:40:22 AM »
Would like to see Gilgamesh post first, as that can tell us a lot. Briefly, if Gilgamesh disagrees with Gumshoe we lynch one of the two based on how the claim proceeds.  If Gilgamesh agrees but claims some notable power role for what he did night 1, well, there's still too much power lying around (that'd be 4 power roles) and someone is probably lying.  (As an obvious example, if he claims cop like you have, then we probably need to lynch one of you two).

Without Gilgamesh's input I'm thinking one of:
A) Axem / Oddjob / ? (Question mark would be somebody not Smithers, if Smithers / Axem was a scum-scum dispute then kudos for selling it to all of us.  Probably just one of Gumshoe / Gilgamesh, Whim is an outside shot.)
B) Gilgamesh / Gumshoe / Whim.  I don't buy Whim as likely scum but if you are real cop, Axem, then those are the only options.

And if Smithers is scum then, well, damn it.  Anyway, as you can see, since (?) in option is likely either Gilgamesh or Gumshoe, and they're both guilty in option B, I'm thinking we should lynch one of those two.

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 18, 2009, 04:53:44 AM »
Edit: Should read "since (?) in option A is likely either Gilgamesh or Gumshoe."

Anyway, the fact that I have trouble accepting scum-Whim should show why I'm skeptical of your claim, Axem, even if not eager to move soon on it.

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 18, 2009, 04:56:16 AM »
Okay, just wanted to make sure.

The Whim meta explanation I can buy, but there's still a teeeeeeeeeny part of me that doesn't like banking on Excal not doing the same song and dance for ScumWhim that he'd do for TownWhim because I'd think he'd see this sort of thing coming.

Anyway, things have more or less wrapped up for the night, so I'll get to that reread.

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 18, 2009, 05:37:28 AM »
Had one of those realizations in the bathroom that I'd left a case out, though it's more relevant to Day 4 / Day 5.  Saw others raise the GF possibility but it's actually not overly relevant at the moment?  We can still do better than one of Axem / Oddjob / Smithers anyway (again assuming that the Axem / Smithers dispute was for real).  To wit:

C) Town-Axem hits a Godfather somewhere.  This obviates the need for scum-Whim, and then 3/4 of Gumshoe-Gilgamesh-Oddjob-Smithers are scum.  But only one of Smithers / Oddjob can be scum if it was a Godfather, so this still reduces to "lynch one of Gumshoe / Gilgamesh."

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 18, 2009, 06:01:39 AM »
Okay, I've finished my reread, but I'm going to hold off on comments until Gilgamesh and Whim have posted for what I hope are obvious reasons.

I will say that something has already happened today that I don't like the looks of, but, again, clamming up until everyone has arrived.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 18, 2009, 06:09:36 AM »
Votes: None!

Time remaining: None, it is LYLO.

However, Whim is still on modkill probation.  12 hours remain to post until Whim is modkilled.