Author Topic: List topic Round 1 Week 1- It returns yet again!  (Read 3945 times)

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
Re: List topic Round 1 Week 1- It returns yet again!
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2009, 11:40:00 PM »
Godlike:
1. Chelle (WA:XF) - This was the no brainer of the group. Can be walled, but jesus
2. Melfice (G2) - Certainly have more respect for his speed and damage then some. Allowing various parts gives him more options. Durability is his big thing...which doesn't get pegged apart too badly compared to other people I can vote on anyway
3. Valvalis (FF4) - Game can be spoiled, but great at what she does.
4. Yuri Hyuga (SHs) - Lots of variety, 2 forms that do different things...Yuri's certainly good. Not top tier, but definitely no slouch
5. Nate (Pers) - Voting on PSP form wih Yamaoka (Alfred) only. The walling/full healing and status combo is pretty powerful. Would prefer if he didn't have a weakness, but can't win them all
6. Cecilia (WA1) - Give her a turn and you're in trouble. Compared to Yuri/Nanjo, has either lesser speed or lesser durability which is what drops her to me. For all that, she's still pretty cool.
7. Lugia (PKMN) - Kneejerk lower end of the spectrum. Lugia's not bad, but the tanking versus godlike's bliztkreg doesn't seem to be the best way at going about it. Weakness makes/status holes make the tanking hardr to pull off to boot. Really wishes at least that his healing was full.
*drop*
8. Kuja (FF9) - Kuja.

Heavy:
1. Ull (VP2) - Nobody on the list makes godlike, but Ull is a damn strong Heavy. His damage/Limit is right before Toughness, OPB full healing and no sealstones makes his durability better too, which is saying something for a VP2 boss.
2. Rofel Wodring (FFT) - Going physical against Rofel just isnt a smart idea. And he can break your weapons along with Silencing you. Oh he has other status in there too if you block that.
3. Ho-Oh (PKMN) - Pretty strong. Ho-oh wishes some of this attack stats went into his defenses or speed and that he got a better typing though.
*drop*
4. Auron (FFX) - First Strike + Counters get him this far. Speed totally sinks him from going anywhere higher though
5. Vayne Aurelius (MK) - Finnicky. Kills you off if you're durability is in his kill range and you give him a turn. He kinda fails other wise. Thankfully, that kill range is pretty decent.
6. Lilka Eleniak (WA2) - Needs more durability or status blocking options. Is a worse version of Cecilia trading in some speed for lesser variety.
7. Albert Simon (SH1) - No

Middle:
1. Massimo (MMXCM) - HP + big damaging move that adds a whole bunch of statii. Massimo's only fault are his elemental weaknesses. The speed could use work too, although in a straight up slug fest, he is a nasty son of a gun.
2. Magdalen Harts (ACF) - Mags brings fast 2HKO ITD damage to the table and can strengthen it with Gamble. He kinda wishes he got a ITE move or more HP/DEF/RES, but he's still near top of Middle.
3. Neimi (FE8) - Fast, FE counters + bows and swords. Yep.
*drop*
4. Jeane (Suikos) - I think? I can never really remember what Jeane does, but damage + S5 equip cheese is cool. Having 4 other forms is a bonus here I guess.
5. Anna Lemori (MK) - Damage. Anna needs it. She's well balanced otherwise which nets her...around the middle of the list. Touche.
6. Peppita Rosetti (SO3) - Kneejerk. I don't have that much respect for her counters, and I'm not sold on the fact that she's the next thing since slice bread. For all that having MP bust along with usable damage/range means she can only get so bad.
7. Natalia LK Lanvaldear (TotA) - Better than the bottom people, for all that Nat's not impressive within the DL. Damage needs to be better. But having a OL as an option gives her healer busting.
8. Brad Evans (WA2) - BIG SHINY NUMBERS that never really matter, but they're SHINY. Brad wants status blockers to go with his HP. As is, he's basically a worse version of Vayne since once he uses up all his FP, he is up shit creek without a paddle.
9. Vivi Ornitier (FF9) - Casting spells on yourself has certain limits. Vivi's game would be so much better if he can dual cast at will. Instead, he's sluggish and his status spells are inaccurate with loldurability. Yeah, that will work.
10. Rikku (FFX) - No common use items means her damage is bad and the healing can use work. At least she's quick

Light:
1. Orlha (CC) -  Yeeeeeah. See NEB/Snow here.
2. Lucius (FE7) - Fast blistering magic offense. Has some semblance of Avoid, but his P.dur blows.
3. Raijin (FF8) - Status holes kill him, let alone the elemental weaknesses.
4. Soren (FE9) - P. dur is somehow even worse than Lucius. Three element choice is neat, but when 2 of them are commonly blocked...
5. Skelly (CC) - Didn't Skelly at least have some workable damage for a light?
6.. Locke Cole (FF6) - Incredibly one dimension, relies on FF6 speed hype and has to make do with his equip choices which aren't even that good? Yeah, well at least he's only underwhelming!
7. Sharmista (S5) - You know you have problems when I can't even remember what you do. Since it probably means you suck and I didn't use you after putting you into the party once.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 12:13:55 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2009, 05:59:35 PM »
Godlike:
1   Fou-Lu (BoF4)
2   Profound Darkness (PS4)
3   Nate (Pers)
4   Melfice (G2)
5   Yuri Hyuga (SHs)
6   Cecilia (WA1)
7   Killer (SH3)
8   Chaos (FF1)
9   Valvalis (FF4)
10   Zog (BOF1)
11   Lugia (PKMN)
12   Kuja (FF9)

Heavy:
1   Queen Zeal (CT)
2   Albert Simon (SH1)
3   Hugo (S3)
4   Seed (S2)
5   Decus (SO2)
6   Evans (BoF2)
7   Rofel Wodring (FFT)
8   Auron (FFX)
9   Feena (G1)
10   Ho-Oh (PKMN)

Middle:
1   Alen (S1)
2   Poco (AtLC)
3   Crowley (S1)
4   Natalia LK Lanvaldear (TotA)
5   Robo (CT)
6   Peppita Rosetti (SO3)
7   Ashton Anchors (SO2)
8   Jeane (Suikos)
9   Rikku (FFX)
10   Vivi Ornitier (FF9)
11   Neimi (FE8)

Light:
1   Soren (FE9)
2   Wilme (7th Saga)
3   Orlha (CC)
4   Spar (BoF2)
5   Beecham (S3)
6   Lucius (FE7)
7   Saki (G1)
8   Yushis (OB)
9   Futch (Suikos)
10   Sharmista (S5)
11   Raijin (FF8)
12   Noel Chandler (SO2)
13   Black Wizard (FF1)
14   Locke Cole (FF6)
15   Karyl Sheeden (ToD)
16   Skelly (CC)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2009, 11:02:06 PM »
*Unlocks topic* Voting's closed, just wanted to reply to something.

6. Jeane (Suikos): ITD? It's a nice bonus, means she can't be stopped by magic reduction at least *kicks Adray*. So she kills when she gets a turn, but is easy to stop getting a turn and easy to spoil.

Adray almost certainly MP kills her with Siriccio if you allow that. Adray is surprisingly badass at MP busting.

Quote from: Tide
For all that having MP bust along with usable damage/range means she can only get so bad.

Freeze is really good on her, same as Nel. It's probably turn one or turn two at worst and that alone makes her hard to beat in Middle thanks to average durability.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 11:43:12 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 11:21:20 AM »
Turn one assuming chains for the girls vs susceptible enemies yeah or turn one Nel with one use of Ice Daggers, turn two Peppita with one use of Frozen Daggers. Panic Dance however should always be turn one vs suspectible enemies. Chaos off the counters for those who allow them is pretty fast as well.

Her damage is probably better than Anna's too albiet Anna's faster. Doesn't matter to me, I vaguely remember Anna having some short animation techs/physicals too which I'd probably allow Peppita to counter. Definitely her base physicals at least. I understand the reluctance to think of Peppita as the best thing since sliced bread or to overrespect her counters but in game Peppita/her counters were made for soloing, trust me do a Peppita solo and you'll be abusing counters a lot  :P Plus she can chain from her X counter which makes a hell of a lot of difference in the DL ;o Not sure how much to respect that (I usually just abuse Counter O with it's longer animation in game) but yeah~
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 11:53:08 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2010, 03:52:02 PM »
Adray almost certainly MP kills her with Siriccio if you allow that. Adray is surprisingly badass at MP busting.

Adray doesn't even MP kill average, and Jeane has incredibly badass MP (over 2x average on the L4 slots). Helps that S4 Def matters less than we thought.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2010, 02:34:47 AM »
Adray's Elven Cloak makes Jeane pretty emo either way (Not like I'd see her ITD as Reflection ignoring anyways. Maybe if helped her ignore elemental resistance). Also, Adray hits defense?
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 06:34:12 PM »
1. Oh, right, memory failure on my part there. dur adray is mage
2. Adray has an armour option that doesn't suck? Wasn't aware of that. EDIT: Ah, okay, just gets wind/lightning. Yes, that does make Jeane emo.
3. Given how few enemies actually use magic in-game, I am not going to make any tiebreaks for Reflection. I tend to default to ITD > Protect/Shell types without evidence otherwise, anyway.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 06:37:21 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 11:58:08 AM »
*Siricco* hits defence (it's a battle skill not symbology and it's based off Adray's ATK) but I assume you guys are talking about Southern Cross. Even with Siricco though it's fire elemental irrc and the damage modifiers for it in the GameFAQs battle skill FAQ are wrong. No *way* is it  30 - 45% MP damage per hit (X, O) I had the right battle skill modifiers for everyone from MGSB, shame I lost those!

Ahhh Elven Cloak how I love thee ^.^

I agree though I *never* use Reflection in game because while enemies may actually have spells they die too fast to make any real use out of them >.> Especially with an all out blitz team of Cliff, Maria and Peppita <.<
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 12:14:05 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"