Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 24  (Read 4251 times)

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 24
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 10:56:14 AM »
Noting here that, according the stat topic, Delta Shield has initiative in a turn-based system. So... Fast Ninas aren't doing any ID or Hold to my team. Also, the Full Heal -does- restore Limits to a VBL team as of this incarnation, so I have more than enough SMASH with Raquel and Cloud to get around Nina buffing/healing.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2009, 07:57:55 PM »
Djinn passes. As well as everything else he's brought up Aerith has a bunch of scary limits lying around now *and* Full Heal to recharge. Wow overkill healing/mp recovery/revival, invincibility or even moar limit recharging >.>  

Uno passes. Bartz is Bartz, Fogel is Fogel. Peppita has one of the strongest base physicals in SO3 which actually counts at this stage with Berserk not around. Except Maria's >.> Pep should also pick up Charge and Magic Hook this floor for HP/MP damage as well as a chance of chaos off the latter. She's solid back up for Bartz/Fogel. Aerith healz as needed and Ditto ... uhh is Ditto!

Gate passes. I'll think on Consonant later.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 08:02:12 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Bardiche

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2009, 08:10:33 PM »
Yeah, pass to team Djinn. Ninas need to stop at least Aerith, Cloud and Raquel in order to have a chance. I just don't see that happening.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2009, 11:39:55 PM »
Team Consonant | Celes, Alys, Lucian & Shiho, Ayla (Life)
[Espers: Siren, Kirin, Shoat, Carbuncle, Phantom, Seraphim (Mastered) | Tritoch]
[Floor 5a: Repeat?]
Team Consonant vs. Guy(L2), Guy(FE7), Guy (ToTA) and Guile - Vanish
Team Consonant vs. Kary, Killey (S5), Karin and Ken (P3) - Carbuncle
Team Consonant vs. Alen, Alena and Alex - Imp
Team Consonant vs. Sara (BoF1), Serra, PC Sarah (S3), Sarah (ShF1) and Saradin - A decent fight, but they go into it at nearly-full resources anyway.
*Full Heal
Team Consonant vs. Nina1, Nina2, Nina3, Nina4 and Nina5 - Okay, even though Random seems to have given up on his team, I think he's got this fight. Assuming that Ninas 4, 1, and 5 go before his team moves (Not even sure about that, how fast is Alys?). Nina4 goes first, but since no one hurt, she has basically nothing to do, so I guess she buffs someone. Ninas 1 and 5 need to take out Celes or she puts up Reflect and the Ninas are screwed. They also need to take out Alys or the Ninas get ID'd themselves. Now it's Shiho/Lucian's turn. Shiho has Normalize, so Hold is gone off of whichever one got Held (probably Alys as IIRC FF6 has a paralysis blocker?). Lucian OHKOs Nina2 of the fail durability and now the Ninas have no damage. Nina3 does something useless (as always), possibly Blunt on Lucian for its epic 80% chance to decrease his power by 20%~! Ayla has the Life sealstone, so she revives whichever of Alys or Celes. Nina4 gets her next turn, revives Nina2. Unlimited Nina Works starts all over again. If ever Nina5's ID misses Celes, then Celes gets a turn and Carbuncles and the fight is over. If that never happens, then Nina4's revival runs out in 10 shots, far less than Shiho/Lucian's infinite resources and Ayla's 1MP healing (now revival w/ Life).

Team Djinn | Cloud, Raquel, Aika. Tear, Aeris  (Violent Burst Law)
[Materia: Mastered: Cover, Revive, Transform, HP Plus | Deathblow]
[Floor 5a: Repeat?]
Team Djinn vs. Guy(L2), Guy(FE7), Guy (ToTA) and Guile - Cover soaks up the physical damage, Aika Swirlmarangs someone. Aeris and Tear heal while Cloud uses DEATHBLOW for physical damage while saving his Limit. Assuming you see Deathblow as hitting -never-, then Raquel can still cause some physical harm. Alternately, Cloud uses Transform.
Team Djinn vs. Kary, Killey (S5), Karin and Ken (P3) - Delta Shield for no ID shenanigans, Tear blows her Overlimit/Mystic Arte on Kary, the rest fall easily enough.
Team Djinn vs. Alen, Alena and Alex - Cloud soaks up the Alena damage, Swirlmarang, Nightmare, Transform - SOMETHING statuses out the rest.
Team Djinn vs. Sara (BoF1), Serra, PC Sarah (S3), Sarah (ShF1) and Saradin - Delta Shield. Seal Evil/Nightmare for the PCs. Cloud/Raquel can waste their limits here if they feel like it.
*Full Heal - And LIMITS are back!
Team Djinn vs. Nina1, Nina2, Nina3, Nina4 and Nina5 - Delta Shield, the Ninas can do nothing. If they go for their crazy buffing/healing strategies, Limits blow right past their defenses.

Team Gatewalker | Fogel, Aeonless Yuna, Eileen, Tia, Ditto (Quick Powder)(MT)
[Floor 3b: Multiples]
*All ST is MT
Team Gatewalker vs. FF1 White Wizard, Knight, Ninja and Red Wizard - Note that due to how Ditto works, he MUST use Transform once he gets a turn. With Quick Powder and the MT sealstone, this means that he has no choice but transform the entire team into someone EVERY BATTLE. This time, MT Transform Fogel works fine.
Team Gatewalker vs. Yosuke and Tengaar - And THIS time, Ditto transforms his whole team into Tentarafoo-bait. But let's assume he makes everyone Yuna, so they have an Esuna-Healing-Reviving-Staffwhacking circlejerk until both Yosuke and Tengaar die.
Team Gatewalker vs. Kanji, Ramza, Tidus (Caladbolg) and Crono - Five Fogels can handle this team though.
*Full Heal
Team Gatewalker vs. Yuna, Rand and Marle - Slow team vs. 5 Fogels.
Team Gatewalker vs. Jane, Yulie, FFT Chemist and Nina4 - Jane lets the team kill of Ditto before it moves. But then Fogel/Eileen take them out. Actually, thinking more on this. It would only take Yulie to take out Ditto. So Nina4 uses her MDef buffing and now Eileen can't OHKO Chemist, Jane, and Nina4 (Yulie still dies from using Sacrifice). Fogel takes out Nina4. But then it's up to Tia and Yuna damage to take out Chemist before he revives someone. If they can't do it, then Nina4 is back and the healing begins. Eileen is out of Earthquake charges, so she can stall with Copper Flesh for a while, but this team is built for stalling. Fogel being ST means that the revivers keep bringing back whoever died, and Gate's team doesn't have revival yet. Should have put the MT stone on Fogel.

Team Unoriginal | Bartz, Fogel, Peppita, Aeris, Ditto (MT Sealstone)
Floor 1: An Introduction
[Bartz: Thief]
Team Unoriginal vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon
Team Unoriginal vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight
Team Unoriginal vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest
Team Unoriginal vs. Lich (FF1)
*Full Heal
Team Unoriginal vs. Change Relic - Same rule here. Entire team -must- become one person once Ditto gets a turn. Luckily, this is Floor 1 and Fogels take care of everything.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 02:57:57 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2009, 02:46:50 AM »
Djinn...crushes the floor so badly overall, I think, that I actually bother to vote here! Delta Shield versus a few really mage heavy fights make it pretty easy (And the physical Heavy fight? Is a horde of not all that great STers!)
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2009, 03:17:20 AM »
Djinn: While it seems I'm the only one on the vote-against-Gatewalker train, do note the following lines:

*All ST is MT

Fogel isn't ST that floor.  The MT sealstone is a straight disadvantage for whoever holds it this floor.  (Although not really since you seem to not use the 50% chance anywhere.)

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2009, 03:23:23 AM »
Oh, yeah, completely missed that this was the MT floor. I'll have to rethink Gate now.

I include the 50% chance for Transform. But 50% means turn 1 to me, so Ditto is MT transforming the whole team turn 1. I suppose theoretically, it means that the next battle it should miss first and then turn 2 everyone has to Transform.

Though, MT Fogel OHKOs everything on this floor anyway. Changing vote to Gate passes.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2009, 04:31:19 AM »
Djinn: While it seems I'm the only one on the vote-against-Gatewalker train, do note the following lines:

*All ST is MT

Fogel isn't ST that floor.  The MT sealstone is a straight disadvantage for whoever holds it this floor.  (Although not really since you seem to not use the 50% chance anywhere.)

Notice how the person holding it is Ditto.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2009, 04:19:23 PM »
*All ST is MT
Team Gatewalker vs. FF1 White Wizard, Knight, Ninja and Red Wizard - Sounds like Fogel destroys the mages instantly, possibly Ninja.  Eileen should be able to deal with Knight, given that FF1 doesn't have Earth damage.  If Fogel doesn't just crush through his defenses anyway.
Team Gatewalker vs. Yosuke and Tengaar - Ow.  Just...ow.
Team Gatewalker vs. Kanji, Ramza, Tidus (Caladbolg) and Crono - Right.  Fogel and Eileen should mop this up pretty well.  If Tidus has E&C here, just have Eileen smash with, well...whatever offensive earth magic she has.
*Full Heal
Team Gatewalker vs. Yuna, Rand and Marle - ...yeah.  Marle dies instantly.  Yuna takes a couple of tries, but I get the feeling that she goes down without much of a fuss.
Team Gatewalker vs. Jane, Yulie, FFT Chemist and Nina4 - Right.  This fight...can get nasty.  Jane has her weird tricks, Yulie's buffs are insane, and Nina4 needs to die NOW.  If Fogel outspeeds Nina and Jane, easy enough.  Abstaining for now.

Team Unoriginal | Bartz, Fogel, Peppita, Aeris, Ditto (MT Sealstone)
Floor 1: An Introduction
[Bartz: Thief]
Team Unoriginal vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon - Fogel smashes
Team Unoriginal vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight - Fogel smashes some more.
Team Unoriginal vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest - More of Fogel destroying this floor horribly.
Team Unoriginal vs. Lich (FF1) - Yeah, Fogel smashes here as well.
*Full Heal
Team Unoriginal vs. Change Relic - ...It's Fogel versus Floor 1.  What do you expect?
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Taishyr

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2009, 04:37:20 PM »
Fogel outspeeds Nina but possibly not Jane, is my kneejerk?

Yuna may have Dispel which would MT negate whatever buffing Nina4/Yuna do, but I peg it as floor 4. Irrelevant to me, though: Eileen casts Copper Flesh, next round 2x Fogel (Ditto sez hi; interps may vary, but I can't see one that makes him unable to be at least Fogel-level smash) + Eileen MT magic + Tia smack should wipe through any buffs (earlygame S1 magic also sez hi). Yuna can buff with Protect/whatever to ensure no one dies round 1.

Gate, Djinn, Uno pass. Random I think falls, unsure though as I don't quite respect Nina5 ID that much (good in DL since it's targeting one person... but here it's probably only hitting one person? Iunno.) For now, abstain on Random.