Author Topic: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!  (Read 355901 times)

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!
« Reply #1750 on: April 16, 2010, 05:44:05 PM »
Forgot to post stuffs about Phoenix Wright 5 Edgeworth Investigations. Beat the game on Monday, and can't say that any of the cases really stood out to me. Except the last one. Very solid game, I feel, but the last one just ties everything up so nicely. Bit of odd logic in there that I can't say I found the same way, and it certainly felt like they purposefully ignored some really obvious things they should've done, but hey. Good case.

Also, how has Edgeworth not killed himself after that? How have I not killed myself after that? I swear, that case was made for Edgeworth to commit suicide.
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: April 16, 2010, 10:24:08 PM »
SRW:J - Beaten

To all of you who said this was an easy game?  Oh how right you were.

Well, duh. >_> W manages the amazing feat of being -easier-

The Nadesco - Great sniper, and unlike most battleships, does damage worth noting.  Having the ability to give it Hit&Away to use with the Y-Unit (both regular and Map) just added to the fun.  And while it never could dodge things, the four item slots made it easy to slap on things like an Organic Bit (HP Regen S) or Armour, or whatever else I felt was needed.  Toss in five strong Spirit pools for what is easily the best battleship I've ever seen in one of these things.

J Nadesico is goddamned broken. Five godly spirit pools and that level of concrete durability is just so stupid. Abusing the SP healing spirit was like a sport. It probably manages to outretard even @3 Battle 7 under Max's helm and definitely outretards the Mother Vanguard (i.e. the battleship with 15k base HP that can dodge like a Real and has a pilot with natural SP Regen+15 SP Guard+godly dodge and Newtype levels).

The Aesti Valis' - What's that?  These aren't supposed to be good?  While the units above were better individual units, the Aesti's ended up being pretty damn good all on their own merits.  Akito and Gai managed to be terrors when they finally got reunited, and with Soul instead of Valour, they managed to be almost as strong against bosses as the Mazingers.  The Girls kept up as well, but because they had three of them to launch group attacks with.  Their big flaw is that they are frail against lategame bosses, and only three of them have surefire take a hit abilities.  (Ryoko and Akito pack Alert, while Gai has Invincible.  The other two need to Focus, and possibly pray)  However, they have defense supports to spare, and OHKO damage gets dropped to 3 or 4 hits to kill after being halved and distorted.  Not to mention, their big advantage is that unlike every other unit in the game, once they have the morale, they can spam their best stuff on everything.  Also, no love for what's his nuts.

The Aesties sorta need to be used as a collective hivemind to be worth anything, but given that was your strategy, it pans out. They're not standout or anything, but solid enough as a collective mesh (not liabilities or anything). Plus, it's SRWJ. You might be able to make even trash like the M3 Astrays solid with enough upgrades and the game is so easy to begin with. >_>

Final Dancougar - Hey, look, the last non filler member of my team.  Generally didn't like it as much as the units stated above, and there were other things that worked almost as well.  But it managed to pretty much always be available, and could always pull its weight, so it got the job.  Stepped up a bit once I felt I could spam the high end stuff a bit more, but the low end sword attack and just punching things also got the job done.

I miss @3 Dancougar. =(
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: April 16, 2010, 11:03:19 PM »
I dunno, Akito managed to work as a stand alone unit surprisingly well, in that he was probably my second best real after the God Gundam.  Then again, he was probably also the unit that got the most attention/cash from me.  (The Nadesco might have put up a fight, but halfway through the upgrade tree it was effectively immortal and my kill leader)

Anyways, currently fiddling about with A and OG1.  One of those because, why not try the others on the GBA, and they are new, so do them in order.  (Not to mention, despite having only seen two of them, I like the UC Gundam pilots for some reason that is beyond me)  OG1 is mostly because I've never done Kyosuke's path before, and the followup for OG2 would be entirely for EX Hard.  Main issue with A so far is that there's no way to turn off attack animations that I can see.  Which is a shame, since there is very little in terms of the shiny here, and this is technology they had back in the SNES days.  On the other hand, outside of Daimos and Angelg, attack animations have been mercifully short so far.  OG1 is OG1.  Have the Alteisen and Weisritter and stopped about there.

Speaking of got the Weisritter and Alteisen, I've figured out how to fix my ruddy DS, so Endless Frontier is go!  And fittingly enough, I just picked up two more mechs.  Gotta catch 'em all you know.  Also finally reached Formido Heim and finished what needed to be done there.  Found out who the completely shocking main villains of the game are and was appropriately shocked.  Also amused at the fourth mech's identity.  For some reason, I am now incapable of playing this thing for long stretches, and need cooldown time after playing for a while.  I suspect this has something to do with the combat system.

Also, for a random first, a boss managed to kill three of my people from full health thanks to Soul Spam.  If shields weren't so bloody common, I'd do more breaking up of chains to keep Defensive spirits high.  But I think the added damage is worth more.  Especially with how cheap and easy to use the items are.  In other news, Kaguya currently has over 800 SP.  This gets her used in boss fights.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: April 16, 2010, 11:11:37 PM »
I dunno, Akito managed to work as a stand alone unit surprisingly well, in that he was probably my second best real after the God Gundam.  Then again, he was probably also the unit that got the most attention/cash from me.  (The Nadesco might have put up a fight, but halfway through the upgrade tree it was effectively immortal and my kill leader)

A good way to at least halfway mitigate unit problems in J is pumping a ton of cash into them. There's a sizable jump from base to cap, and the S ranks FUBs are so broken to boot if you reach them. It's no surprise there, really. If you gave the same upgrade attention to all the other Aesties, they'd turn up similar, I bet. It's mostly a matter of effort/benefit ratio here.

Also, for a random first, a boss managed to kill three of my people from full health thanks to Soul Spam.  If shields weren't so bloody common, I'd do more breaking up of chains to keep Defensive spirits high.  But I think the added damage is worth more.  Especially with how cheap and easy to use the items are.  In other news, Kaguya currently has over 800 SP.  This gets her used in boss fights.

Man, wait until she gets Miracle. >_>

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: April 16, 2010, 11:24:47 PM »
Yeah, let's just say that in the English replay, Akito's gonna be an all-terrain unit.

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: April 17, 2010, 01:09:25 AM »
You might be able to make even trash like the M3 Astrays solid with enough upgrades and the game is so easy to begin with. >_>

No. I built everyone over the course of the four NG+ replays I did. Except them. And one or two other units.

The problem is that they have...either it was slightly better or slightly worse, I forget...stats than the Aile Strike Gundam/Rouge, and those get two alternate frames to use. So no.

(I think the most surprising scrub unit twinking for me was the Sol Tekkamen. Got cash? Toss it on them and watch them run around spamming a mid-4k base combo and not actually getting hit. Holy crap it's nearly competent. Good times.)

If you're serious about sticking with A, Excal(I do not recommend this: AP exists, pirate it on a modded PSP. Or import it. At least it rips off good PS2 animations verbatim instead. Not that AP is great either, just better.), I'd highly recommend just focusing highly on a few mechs. Doesn't even matter really what they are(good pilots really help as they'll usually keep), weapon upgrades have a notably higher effect than bases for all but the very best units(Which all tend to be obviously badass and late). Just find something with good stats. And a shield. This works for a lot of the game, until you get Shin Getter/Master Asia(if you do the rather complicated secret reqs)/Gundam Wing units.

(AP nerfing the GW cast makes AP a jerk too. :()
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: April 17, 2010, 01:57:48 AM »
I assume part of the reason I wonder about it is because my disdain for religious people is so great that I have a hard time distinguishing between -actual- religious people and badly-portrayed caricatures of them from video games. Is that just me?

Wait, so you have great disdain for the majority of the human race?

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: April 17, 2010, 02:48:40 AM »
I assume part of the reason I wonder about it is because my disdain for religious people is so great that I have a hard time distinguishing between -actual- religious people and badly-portrayed caricatures of them from video games. Is that just me?

...What's wrong with that?

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: April 17, 2010, 03:13:48 AM »

...What's wrong with that?

There's people not being disdained.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: April 17, 2010, 06:30:25 AM »
SMT SJ - After Grinding two levels and setting up my demons for the battle Gore became quite easy due to his lack of variety. So my man Chaos Hero shows up and we ride to see the big bad mother of all these demons who forgives me for killing her soldiers. After a short fetch quest and I'm on the way back to see big mama I'm jumped by an angel who exclaims he is he who is slow to forgive ??? So Big Mama forgives me but a prick like you won't eh? And after I killed all those big bad meanies for them. He does destroy the elevator to big mama so I'll have to go around through the final dungeon but the egg on his face when he finds out that'll make me more powerful then he can imagine ;D

One of the best part of Chaos route is you get to see Lucifer insults Mansemat. BTW, chaos route's last boss is different from other two route, and you get to see a glimpse of the true zealotry I am talking about.

Taishyr

« Reply #1760 on: April 17, 2010, 12:53:56 PM »
SMT:SJ:

Just started, team at time of death was Melchom/first Vermin type/Koppa Feel Tengu. Died to a really unlucky Rampage chain. Considering the strong: phys/weak: fire armor as a result, but random Melchoms might make that IT'SATRAP.

Seems like generic but well designed SMT game thus far. Already calling a few different "plot twists" (and called a few pre-emptively), spoiler tagged for the sake of spoiler tagging SMT PLOT:

1: The Commander dies. I mean, -seriously-.  Black guy? Not stereotypically black? Blam, dead in fifteen minutes. And Jimenez has already alluded that the corpse will have Nasty Stuff done to it by telling them not to bury it outside.
2: Russian chick's gonna go nuts. Which pisses me off, she reminds me of Emma who I liked. Subrule: she gets a Demonica. She kinda has to.
3: By "law of has a face" combined with "law of SMT alignment", in addition to "sublaw of the only person remaining WITH a face", Jimenez will be the other person to go nutso, though kinda frankly he's something of a dick anyway. Sorry, dude. But if you're Chaos path I might end up avoiding you -anyway- since I don't like you. Unless I can kill you and then jump onto Chaos path. I tend to like Chaos path. (For a very short moment I was hoping the Commander would be Chaos path. That would have been, at the least, creative.)
4: Given that I'm not out of the first Strata layer, banking on neither of the other ships even being intact OR the Elve being mostly intact but immobile, with the Gigantic completely annihilated 'cuz no one we cared about was on it. Yeah, this is basic twists. It's a SMT game. What do you expect, shock and awe?
5: Something infects a majority of the Demonica users halfway through, killing/driving them mad (this might influence 1's case). Arthur and... maybe a few scant others will survive on the Red Sprite, but no one else, and no Strike Team members or even most the crew. Banking on Chen over Irving, Maebe over her boss, Kato over Williams, both dudes at the deck die. Being "chosen" will save the faced characters; alternately, they're just strong enough mentally to endure it. Red Sprite stays functional but only barely, and it's mainly just clinging to you as its final hope. Actually... yeah, this has to happen, too many people alive on here for a SMT game. Either the Commander's body gets zombified and it proceeds to kill a ton of the people on board, while people won't fight back because it's the fucking Commander, or the madness hits first and possibly triggers the Commander's Demonica as well. Soooooo yeah.

DomaDragoon

• Lazy
  • Denizen
  • Boink.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: April 17, 2010, 12:59:04 PM »
Heart Gold - Beat the Kimono Girls on my second try after not using items on the first. Went and used my Master Ball on Ho-Oh (after seven tries without, mind you) since I can just trade over some from Platinum through the GTS or cheat them on if necessary. At the recharge location on Route 26.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: April 17, 2010, 02:41:13 PM »
Megaman ZX - finished

Nice, nice. I was playing on easy so most of the game was pretty mindless which is just what I was after.

Bosses aren't as memorable as Classic/X-series bosses. I seem to remember Z having the same problem.

Missing 7 discs, but I can't be bothered looking for them.

S&M3 episode 1 -

If I try to change resolution, it crashes, and then refuses to even start up until I restart the computer. I'm going to wait around for a couple days to see if anything is done about this and if it isn't I'll restart again and see if I can play it under the default settings. Tsk.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: April 17, 2010, 04:22:07 PM »
MM9- Final boss! So much hate.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: April 17, 2010, 04:58:08 PM »
Heart Gold: Think I'm just about done grinding on my challenge team to finally go and beat Blue. >.> Current team is:
 - Lv 55 Alakazam
 - Lv 39 Growlithe
 - Lv 35 Mightyena
 - Lv 32 Psyduck (Nitori~)
 - Lv 17 Bibarel
 - Lv 11 Ditto

And a shitload of items. This is the real winner, as I just sit there spamming revival on 'Zam while it Psychics things to death. >.>

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: April 17, 2010, 05:03:43 PM »
Crack Quest - So now I have Web. Breakbreakbreak~ (except against Silvermyr, who is a dick >_<)

EDIT:

Yeah, let's just say that in the English replay, Akito's gonna be an all-terrain unit.

Don't forget to FUB weaponry too. Woohoo S Ranks on weaponry across the board~
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 05:27:29 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: April 17, 2010, 10:38:10 PM »
SMT SJ - Finished.

*Spoilers*
*However this is SMT Chaos path so you're quite frankly blind if you consider these spoilers but whatever just in case because I know some people who get incredably pissy over such things*

So anyway I bop down into the final area with my good friends in the strike team and WHAM! Random teleport by Mastema who once again proves that Remiel is pretty much the only angel you can trust or talk with rationly...hell be in the same room with as these angels are bastards. Mastema isn't like his angel brothers though because while he still depises humans like his friends he has a much better reason for being a dick then the rest. Attention.
I mean the other angels get shiped off to Tokyo where they can have many fun times while he gets sent to the plantets hellhole. I can imagine the scene when the orders were given.

YHWH - *Reads off list* Okay you guys got that? Go to Tokyo and spread my will for about 8 hours a day. You're free to use the rest of the time for whatever purpose you wish. Meanwhile Metatron you can start doing whatever it is you do.
Mastema - What about me Lord?
YHWH - WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?
Mastema - Mastema my Lord!
YHWH - I don't recall your face. Well regardless I have a very important mission for you Mas......aaaa..........whoever you are.
Mastema - Where is it my Lord?
YHWH - The South Pole.
Mastema - ..............!?!

As for the fight itself he is laughably easy, also why is his true form merely a close up of himself? Lame. Him getting owned afterwards was pretty good.
Now that the trival Mastema was dead it was time for the final boss. Law Heroine! Who like Mastema is a ccomplete pushover. I had heard she was some almighty smiter from  people but she did nothing impressive at all though looking at her skillset I could see where problems might arise. Anyway my Final Party.

Mc Lv 79 Hp 704 MP 367
ST 59
MA 58
VI 62
AG 56
LU 60
Sword attack 117
Gun Attack 189
Defence 177
Null: Fire, Lightening, Expel.
Moves: Moan Bullet, Frigid Spray, Grateful One.
Weapon: Kurikara Blade Attack 58/1-4 strikes.
Gun: Peacemaker Attack 130/1 strike.
Dragon Vest: Defence 115/Null Fire, Elec.
Nornir Ring: +1 to stats

Mara Lv 88 HP 715 MP 399
ST 59
MA 61
VI 54
AG 52
LU 53
Strong to: Physical, Ice, Lightening, Wind.
Null: Expel, Curse.
Weak to: Fire.
Moves: Tetrakarn, Charge, Hades Blast.

Huang Long Lv 78 HP 661 MP 365
ST 50
MA 54
VI 51
AG 54
LU 48
Strong to: Physical, Gun, Fire, Ice, Lightening, Wind.
Null: Expel, Curse, Status.
Moves: Megidolaon, Mahamaon, Victory Cry, Void Mind, Concentrate, Deblilitrate.

Xi Wangmu Lv 79 HP 667 MP 368
ST 50
MA 54
VI 51
AG 46
LU 51
Drain: Gun.
Null: Expel, Curse.
Moves: Makarakarn, Invitation, Fleeting Rain, Salvation, Drain Gun, Luster Candy.

Overall its been a blast and ranks up there as one of the best SMT games (Spin offs included) I've played. Its Old School but it cuts out all the issues the old games had while adding in some useful features. The Best of these being Demon Sourses which allow you to really customize your demons however you want which is absolutely great. SJ gets a 10/10 from me because it really is dungeon crawling at its finest.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: April 18, 2010, 04:24:40 AM »
Crack Quest - So now I have Web. Breakbreakbreak~ (except against Silvermyr, who is a dick >_<)

EDIT:

Also already done, Snow.  In fact, I think he's the only one I bothered to FUB the weaponry for.

SRW:OG:EF
Just reached the SHOCKING REVELATIONS!  And then in the middle of the shocking revelations, I get attacked.  Which is just not cool, dudes.  So I beat them down.  Now I'm looting a sacred shrine of shinies.  Oh, and beating down any Einsts I run into, but looting first.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: April 18, 2010, 07:07:42 AM »
Metroid Fusion - Hmm, 1:15. A hell of a lot I can do to improve this but one hour seems like it'll be a frustrating mark to reach. Maybe I'll take a swipe at a 1% run first.

EDIT: Oh yes, and I also did get 100% on one run (not this one, obviously) just to see where everything was. FAQed the locations of everything but not how to get them, and a few of them do have some neat shinespark puzzles so those were fun to figure out. I guess I should at some point consider trying to get 100% in under 2 hours since there's a special ending for that but I dunno if I care, speedrunning + backtracking to random places = bleh.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:10:04 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: April 18, 2010, 11:58:23 AM »
So anyway I bop down into the final area with my good friends in the strike team and WHAM! Random teleport by Mastema who once again proves that Remiel is pretty much the only angel you can trust or talk with rationly...hell be in the same room with as these angels are bastards. Mastema isn't like his angel brothers though because while he still depises humans like his friends he has a much better reason for being a dick then the rest. Attention.
I mean the other angels get shiped off to Tokyo where they can have many fun times while he gets sent to the plantets hellhole. I can imagine the scene when the orders were given.

Well, I would say there is still Gabriel outside Remiel in being sensible angels.
Also, your joke on Mastema actually bares some truth, the attention part. As he's duty in actual Judeo Chrisitanism thrology is to play the necessary evil so god can be good. And got blamed more a good number of evil deeds he commited despite he is just following order. Basically, he basically has none of the praise or respect the other angels have.
Though, odd to see he actuallty lead other angels in this game. Mastema was indeed given an army by YHWH in the actual theolofy, but it is an army of demons, not angels.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: April 18, 2010, 02:20:30 PM »
ToV - So I decided to try to do the obsessive Tales fan thing and go for the complete everything acheivement.  Looks like I am going to have to do ... 2 more complete play throughs, one for the speedster one and another to save at all save points.  I was on track for the former this play through until the fail that is Aurnion save points counting for each level of development of the city.  Fail.  Oh well, will see how long I keep up the drive to do this retarded shit.

Fable 2 is looking really tempting about now.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: April 18, 2010, 03:30:03 PM »
HeartGold:  Beat Blaine, who was easy, and Blue, who was not.  Took me a few tries on him.  Yay for the Dire Hit item, it is evil.  Gonna have to buy some more of those.  Now I have Rock Climb - just have to try and remember the 10,000 places I've already passed that needed it.

PWI:  Level 93, concentrating on learning Sage skills at the moment.  Have Sage versions of Alter Marrow Magical, Aura of the Golden Bell, Fist Mastery, and about to get Shadowless Kick.  Also starting to do Lunar runs for gear.

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: April 18, 2010, 03:39:11 PM »

EDIT:

Also already done, Snow.  In fact, I think he's the only one I bothered to FUB the weaponry for.

Aesties are actually pretty competent relatively if you FUB their weapons; Just slap them in OG frame(Which IIRC had AACA terrains? It's been a bit though.) and you can ignore their horrible weaponry ranks. The only thing that really makes them worse then average is the lousy power hits non-cannon/lunar frames take. Land has - on it's ultimate for air(losing...200? 300? power as it has to drop to the penultimate) while OG had B on Ground on it's ultimate(losing 10% raw power); Kinda sucks for mechs that are designed around spamming said ultimates/who don't have great ultimates to start.

Lessee, what am I playing right now...

Super Robot Taisen GC:

Up to Stage 47/48 intermission.

I have 650 turns on this save. game is too long. It's like J level reinforcements without J level suck. And 60 stages. And subscenarios. Long game is long. It's pretty fun, outside of the fact that the graphics on ultimates are essentially terrible. (Final Dynamic Special: Shin Getter and Mazinkaiser beam something generically. 38000 damage. Okay then.) Oddly, not lower end attacks. Just finishers really suffer.

Pokemon Soul Silver:

Grinding a Mareep before bothering with Falkner. I've done that stupid fight once without it. I'm not doing it again.

Tales of Hearts:

Just reached Prancel or whatever it's name is.

Very good game. Excellently designed to allow people to mindlessly combo or intelligently combo with more benefits(Many attacks link into themselves, but some don't do so very well and tend to be higher power/some do more damage in air or on the ground/some have weird cancel points.), EG system is basically a more balanced Fury(less "You have to sit around a lot" and more "You can't combo someone forever but it doesn't really break the action.", although having said that enemies tend to break combos a bit due to this in arbitrary fashions that require you to air combo them to get around.), magic works...okay, it's too bad you can't combo it like I hear you can in ToDr, but oh well.

Very enjoyable, overall. Too bad I don't understand the plot. Too bad two of the characters in the plot(Kohaku and Kunzite) don't exist personality-wise; Kohaku has a good excuse(mainly the ENTIRE PLOT OF THE GAME) but why did they put a random robot in the same game? Mystary.

Gundam Assault Survive:

Got through the normal SEED/00 chains, through 0079/0081/0087 both sides and through 0088 AEUG.

As a sequel to Gundam Battle Universe, it's hit and miss. Some of the ideas were very good; Money is a good idea as it allows you to build up cash on one mech and then build up another mech with it instead of grinding the same one. You don't have to restart repeatedly and can get all your mechs on the same file without stupid capturing(Capturing now being relegated to just getting easy unlocks of a mech or extra chunks of cash if you already have that mech). Custom characters are more interesting and ultimately they tossed out worries about what mechs you can use because there's an obscure trait you can get on custom characters that lets them pilot anything.

On the other hand they had all the restraint in making prices of a cat with a catnip mouse in front of it. Seriously, let's ignore the 50M items, which can be obtained other ways. 10M for a mech-and there are more than one this expensive, though at least it's not too many-is ridiculous in a game where I've managed to get grinding down to 250k for a minute. An entire cast(00) having all their notable mechs be 3M+? Also bad. Yeah. Money grinding is obnoxious as hell and the main complaint I have. Then again GBU had plenty of grinding it's self, so I can't be too irritated.

VtM:B:

Started this up more recently than most of this. Just got finished with the boat sequence.

You have to love how little combat is necessary for an FPS. It's disconcerting. Also it sounds like the unofficial patch made this game way better. Also the game doesn't vomit goth on me every five seconds and instead has genuinely decently creepy sequences and a huge amount of dark humor, so overall it's about as good as hyped. Very fun.
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: April 18, 2010, 03:48:13 PM »
FFTA2- Just got the airship up and working. 46ish missions done.

MMPU- I am so, so bad at platforming. So bad.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: April 19, 2010, 04:32:11 AM »
ToV - So I decided to try to do the obsessive Tales fan thing and go for the complete everything acheivement.

You can't be serious, or are you secretly in love with ToV that much?