Register

Author Topic: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!  (Read 362019 times)

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Re: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!
« Reply #2300 on: May 26, 2010, 12:08:47 AM »

But in this game... well, she gave them a 1000 years to stop warring. And she -is- God. She does kind of have a right to judge. It's like... well, can we just accept the new peaceful world as is? It made me think "How would I react if I was one of the survivors?"

She said 1000 years, but they had about 800; she woke up early and well yeah.  So if anything, she went back on her word.  That's an important factor there.    There's a bit more to it than that and why the 800 year thing is important but I won't get into it.  The game does make a point like instantly that she DID wake up significantly earlier than she was suppose to.

Stop ruining it. I wasn't ragging on the PCs or anything. Clearly, 'Genocide is bad and oh we don't want to die' is a perfectly reasonable position to take, even against God. But now you're pointing out how FE10 couldn't have any kind of ambiguity in its big villains, they had to make it clear that 'God was in the wrong, so it's okay to beat her up.'

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: May 26, 2010, 12:33:53 AM »
FE10 SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY

Yakko pretty much hits the nail on the head here. Suffice to say there is some ambiguity in Ashera and how things play out. Don't really want to say more because Djinn is still playing the game.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: May 26, 2010, 12:35:13 AM »
That's not really the point, they were supposed to stop fighting entirely for 1000 years and even with her waking up early they hadn't managed even close to it.  She didn't break her word, they broke theirs.

Stop it, you're giving me flashbacks to my Contracts final. (does God have a defense to breach of contract based on the failure of her counterparty to substantially perform their obligations?  depends whether the conditions of "you guys don't get into wars" and "I don't destroy civilization" are concurrent or independant.)
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: May 26, 2010, 12:36:42 AM »
Bother, I hit the wrong button and deleted that.  Short version:  They were supposed to stop fighting entirely for 1000 years, they broke their word, she didn't break hers, I quoted something that said that. <_<

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: May 26, 2010, 12:39:23 AM »
Back buttons are potent. Yakko's post, goes between Djinn's and my seconding him:

But in this game... well, she gave them a 1000 years to stop warring. And she -is- God. She does kind of have a right to judge. It's like... well, can we just accept the new peaceful world as is? It made me think "How would I react if I was one of the survivors?"

She said 1000 years, but they had about 800; she woke up early and well yeah.  So if anything, she went back on her word.  That's an important factor there.    There's a bit more to it than that and why the 800 year thing is important but I won't get into it.  The game does make a point like instantly that she DID wake up significantly earlier than she was suppose to.

Quote from: Yakko's response
That's not really the point, they were supposed to stop fighting entirely for 1000 years and even with her waking up early they hadn't managed even close to it.  She didn't break her word, they broke theirs.

Yune: We're running out of time, so I'll explain quickly. Long, long ago, your
    ancestors made a promise to Ashera. They promised they would start no wars
    among all the nations for at least one thousand years. If this promise was
    broken, then Ashera would destroy the world and try again with a new one.
    Despite this promise, you bone-cages kept fighting each other. Eventually,
    war and conflict spread throughout the world. When Ashera woke up, she cast
    down her judgment upon those who failed to keep her promise.

Maybe.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: May 26, 2010, 02:01:37 AM »
My favourite part is how later, there is some actual philosophical conversation between the two camps, specifically between the most philosophical villain and the more reasonable party members (oddly, Ike can be among them in the NG+ if you meet the FAQ bait conditions, but generally is the foremost proponent of the less talking, more smashing party) about this specific issue.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: May 26, 2010, 05:51:05 AM »
Oh yeah, Eviltype! Picked this up again, I was in the early WoR. Random notes...

Daryl's Tomb - Zombie!~ PowerDemons and their auto-runic are dirty cheaters, PowerDemon + two Exoray fights are fairly maddening and I'm not above just Revivifying the PowerDemon. Otherwise fire burns things and find/exploit status weaknesses, the usual.
Presenter - If I actually had someone with Float I'd be much easier! Besides that, mostly a matter of "don't let him counter with Merton since it does like 0.9 PCHP, don't let him counter twice or you're dead". I assume getting the Minerva makes this fight a joke but that's not too reasonable to have yet overall.
Dullahan - A fairly easy MP kill. I should fight him legit, I suspect I didn't last playthrough either but I don't remember.

Mt. Zozo - Confused Borras Uppercutting his allies for 8000 damage for the win. Some fairly scary enemies here but nothing unmanageable.
Storm Dragon - Skipping until late.

Owzer's House - Doing this early is kinda ugly? Enemies using Exploder right off is borderline OHKO. SoulDancers beg to be statused out lest they knife my face but this is quite doable. My main complaint here? The Wild Cats always use Kitty first turn. This is fine when there's one of them, it makes sense as a buff. When there's four of them it's just a waste of time. Dunno if this could be fixed with a "if self has haste status" entry to their script.
Chadarnook - Took FOREVER. Low levels are a factor there. Still, Thunder Shield hoses him pretty badly, he might need a little more to get around that.

Veldt Cave - Ow Toe Cutter Bio Blast hurts ow. Still it ups the value of STAR PENDANTS! so it's okay, and even when both use it it's quite survivable, good stuff.
Allo Ver - Argh Auto-Runic. I hate it! And his Fallen One + gravity + Gale Cut strategy is so whorish, good show. Doesn't help that the time it killed me I had three people at one HP and Snowball actually KOs then! Ouch. A little more HP doesn't save you since the seizure, but Ribbon does help. X-Potion on Sabin + Mantra hype! Hell yes. Didn't check if he could be instagibbed. I approve of Tiger Fangs not failing as much.
SrBehemoth - Massive whore. First stage is handled easily enough although a bit scary, really high magic damage but Shell + Image can control him (Zoneseek would have helped a lot, oh well). Second stage argh argh argh, nothing new I remember this from last playthrough well enough. I tread water for ages but could barely damage him, and just when finally things seemed to be going south, with three zombies + one sleeping, condemned PC, zombie Sabin attacks with the Tiger Fangs. SLICE! Instant death. Epic. So he's got a pretty big weakness (X-Zone for a more controllable version) but that's probably fine since he's such a whore.

Currently about Level 28, unsure on what's next.

Maybe.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: May 26, 2010, 07:55:29 AM »
Mana Khemia Challenge Run

Ze Rules.

1. No items.
2. Still debating between only one item per grow book node, or no +stats period.
3. No common skill ether effects.

Beat the Lorebeast. No real challenge yet.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: May 26, 2010, 10:28:57 AM »
FE9 - Emulator doesn't like Chapter 23, so game over.  Might come back to it when there is an update.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: May 26, 2010, 10:54:58 AM »
Back buttons are potent. Yakko's post, goes between Djinn's and my seconding him:

Quote from: Yakko's response

Yune: We're running out of time, so I'll explain quickly. Long, long ago, your
    ancestors made a promise to Ashera. They promised they would start no wars
    among all the nations for at least one thousand years. If this promise was
    broken, then Ashera would destroy the world and try again with a new one.
    Despite this promise, you bone-cages kept fighting each other. Eventually,
    war and conflict spread throughout the world. When Ashera woke up, she cast
    down her judgment upon those who failed to keep her promise.

And over 50%, or perhaps 90% is Sephiran's fault. Can that hypocrite die already? Lying is bad you know? Discrimination exists in this world because you fucking lied. God, killing him once is NOT enough.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: May 26, 2010, 10:58:26 AM »
Yup, how dare he be human.  That bastard.

On a side note, Andy, I'll argue against avoiding the +Stats stuff in MK.  I know that when I played the game, I went half of it without finding the basic item that opened up the magic path for everyone.  This meant that among other things that never increased, MDef never went up at all.

By Chapter 7 anything competent at magic was pushing a partywide OHKO with magical attacks.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: May 26, 2010, 11:31:30 AM »
Yup, how dare he be human.  That bastard.

Being human and being a total jerk is two different thing. After he fucked things up with his lies, instead of trying to fix it, he self righteously thinks he can get rest of the world killed just to pay for his sin.
Seriously, what rights do you have to make rest of the world to be responsible for something YOU started.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: May 26, 2010, 11:33:43 AM »
Because one person controls the actions of an entire world no?
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: May 26, 2010, 04:03:26 PM »
Portal -

Played through the maingame. Good fun. I had already seen bits and pieces of it while my brother was playing, however, in addition to knowing the stuff that everyone knows by now, so I'm not sure that the plot, if it can be called that, was as effective as it might have been. When it comes down to it I cannot say I'm the biggest fan of minimilism of details, so I would be likely to get less of a kick out of it than other people regardless.

Sam & Max S3E1 -

Managed to get this to run without crashing.

The opening has a forced tutorial and is fairly blah, but things improve quickly once you get full control back. But then as the game progresses things sink slowly back down, although never reaching the level of the opening. Part of the problem is that there seems to be hardly any ancillary actions compared to previous seasons, but given the regularity with which I make that complaint for all I know I am just applying rose tint to earlier games.

Another problem is the future power, which they seem to lean on in order to add in absurd puzzles a bit too much. For example, at one point you need to get on to a roof. You don't know that you need to get on to the roof unless you use the future power and see yourselves up there. There is no apparent way up there, and no apparent way to use teleportation to get up there as that would require a phone up there. Using the future power on the pigeons nearby sorts this out of course, as you get a glimpse of them apparently eating something particularly large in one gulp. So the obvious solution to the puzzle you didn't know existed was to put the mobile phone on the pizza tray, whereupon the pigeon would eat it and fly up to the roof, and you could teleport to it.

There is also the Crime-Tron which is vaguely similar to the logic mechanic in AAI Edgeworth but serves only as a means of opening additional areas to visit later on. Additional areas to which really the only point of which is to collect information leading to more additional areas.

Sam & Max S3E2 -

So you get a ventriloquism power, and to be fair Max does tend to come up with different things during the actual ventriloquising, but the majority of the time the response from the target is a variation on 'I didn't say that'. Tsk.

I liked the overall concept of this episode, but there was nowhere near enough crossover between sections to make it a really worthwhile. I played through section one until I was blocked from continuing, then section two until I was blocked from continuing, and by then I could complete section three without being blocked, went on to complete section one with no further blocking, then complete section two with no further blocking. The opening of section four is a pathetic joke (aside from one metajoke that I found pretty amusing), although the final part of it is pretty dandy.

Some returning faces; I'm not sure if they really give you enough information to solve one puzzle related to one returning character in particular, where their fate is only alluded to here (you may not even realise who is being spoken about at the two times in question). But considering the generally low amount of interaction possible, it's more than likely that anyone not realising what's necessary will fall over it anyway.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: May 26, 2010, 05:37:55 PM »
Raise the Stardard part 1 - No resets! Dreading this map the whole time and then I clear it in one. The Flying ponies are a threat to all your mages and considering where they spawn and their speed they can be bother. At one point 3 of them gave chase to Leo which was pathetic as they couldn't hit him too well and were 3HKOing! Leo OHKOed them all in return.

Abused pathetic priest counters for great justice. I forgot to unequip Resolve off Mr Meat so I'm hoping he appears on another stage because I want that skill.

Stat Attack:

Nolan Lv 16 (+2)
Hp 34 (+ 1)
Str 16 (+1)
Mag 1 (+1)
Skill 16 (+1)
Sp 13 (+1)
Lck 13 (+2)
Def 11 (+1)
Res 6 (+2)

Edward Lv 12 (+2)
Hp 27 (+2)
Str 13 (+1)
Mag 1
Skill 17 (+1)
Sp 20 (+2)
Lck 12 (+2)
Def 10 (+3.....Wait what?)
Res 2 (+1)

Leonardo Lv 14 (+4)
Hp 24 (+2)
Str 13 (+2)
Mag 1
Skill 17 (+2)
Sp 14 (+2)
Lck 10 (+1)
Def 7 (+1)
Res 8 (+2)

Micaiah Lv 16 (+8)
Hp 21 (+2)
Str 5
Mag 20 (+7)
Skill 14 (+3)
Sp 11 (+3)
Lck 23 (+8)
Def 3 (+1)
Res 19 (+8)

Laura Lv 14 (+7)
Hp 20 (+1)
Str 5 (+2)
Mag 18 (+6)
Skill 13 (+5)
Sp 15 (+5)
Lck 15 (+4)
Def 4 (+1)
Res 15 (+3)

Sothe Lv 3
Hp 36
Str 20
Mag 4
Skill 22
Sp 21
Lck 15
Def 14
Res 10

Aran Lv 12 (+2)
Hp 27 (+1)
Str 14 (+1)
Mag 1
Skill 15 (+1)
Sp 11
Lck 8 (+1)
Def 12 (WTF)
Res 4 (+1)

Volug Lv15
Hp 49
Str 11
Mag 2
Skill 12
Sp 13
Lck 13
Def 9
Res 5

Ilyana Lv15 (+3)
Hp 25 (+3)
Str 8 (+2)
Mag 14 (+2)
Skill 13 (+1)
Sp 13
Lck 9 (+3)
Def 3
Res 11 (+2)

Aran you've gained 1 defence in 7 fucking levels? At a 70% chance? Prick! I mean I've heard of a speed screwed Aran but defence screwed too. Now thats just wrong.

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: May 26, 2010, 11:53:42 PM »
Owzer's House - Doing this early is kinda ugly? Enemies using Exploder right off is borderline OHKO. SoulDancers beg to be statused out lest they knife my face but this is quite doable. My main complaint here? The Wild Cats always use Kitty first turn. This is fine when there's one of them, it makes sense as a buff. When there's four of them it's just a waste of time. Dunno if this could be fixed with a "if self has haste status" entry to their script.

You know I swear I meant to go back and fix it so that they did exactly that after I noticed that they appeared in fours(Actual formations and enemies aren't easy to crosscheck in the editor), but that was during the part of Eviltype I made when I was taking month long hiatuses between updates. So it's not a shock that I failed to recall that at least...

Man I need to do a revised version. Ehhh soon enough, FF6 replay is looking decent recently.

On the upside things like the two Auto-Runic cases you mentioned(Allo Ver is a terribly unmemorable and boring boss and I wanted him to be different, PowerDemons were meant to remind you that yes a lot of things in here are undead and you should try reviving 'em, it was pretty much on purpose, not that they can't be killed first other ways.) and SrBehemoth(huh forgot about no final counter ID working on him. Good show.) manage to not annoy me at obvious hiccups later, so that's good. >_>
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: May 27, 2010, 05:00:31 AM »
Because one person controls the actions of an entire world no?

Apparently yes. The branded hate started solely because of his lie. He is the very person who came up with the anti-branded policy and sold it to the public. He was still known as the Oracle at that time, and passed his lie as the word of goddess. The public then bought his words wholeheartedly.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: May 27, 2010, 05:57:52 AM »
Nier: Finished. Liked it a lot so echoing Tal's thoughts. Soundtrack is the best I've heard in a very long while and I doubt I'll be finding another I like as much for a long time.

My only real complaint was the spoiler twist at the end. Really left a bad taste in my mouth but I guess the point was to make you feel bad anyway so mission accomplished.

Next up is P1 PSP now that I grew half a brain and figured out it had animation skip.

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: May 27, 2010, 06:47:06 AM »
Rozalia: Your Aran sucks. Why is he not capping stats yet? gawd. [/justmeenjoyinghowawesomemyAranwas]

Decided to pick up Disgaia again after... how long? Anyway, got myself a Nin Nin~ and now I'm heading through the Item World so I can loot me some Prinny Squad paychecks!
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: May 28, 2010, 07:27:23 AM »
Aran has gained loads of speed and defence since the last update so Huzzah! Not posting stats because after like an hour and half Leo got Crit at a 2% chance (Fuck you game!).

Oh course the battle itself didn't take that long. I wiped out everything but the boss and a few men and abused the priest to grind Meg some levels to see if she was worth it. Eventually deciding to wipe out the boss Leo got crit and bam I had to reset because without Leo I'd be doomed later on.

Yeah I'm going nowhere near Meg and by extention Fiona. Level ups gave Meg much in the way of speed, skill, hp and so forth but you know what they didn't give? Str. In 15 levels there wasn't a single point put into str, not one. I also had to reset after all of that so she is back at level 3 so hell if I'm doing that again.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2320 on: May 28, 2010, 08:45:16 AM »
Fiona might be useful for an all-DB game just because Canto will give her some utility that few (none?) of your other units will have. Even though every other Cavalier in the game (except maybe Astrid?) is better than her, she's still your only DB Cavalier. I don't really know about Meg one way or the other?

EDIT!

And I finished it! Yay!

FE10: All-around good game, but FE gameplay just isn't all that interesting to me after a while. Game would be better with about 50% fewer maps. But the end of the game, I just wanted it to be over. Nothing really wrong with how it's balanced, it just doesn't hold my attention for nearly as long as it likes to drag on. Definitely the best FE game to date. Story was actually serviceable and it had a few moments of interesting ideas, though it definitely always felt secondary to the gameplay (which wasn't strong enough to support this many maps to me).

SPOILERS and questions for the experts:
What is Lehran anyway? His flashback with Zelgius seemed to imply he's a Branded, but his own flashback refers to himself as a bird Laguz and having the ability to sing Galdrar.
Is Pelleas really Ashnard's child? There's a bunch of half-Laguz running around in the second game, but the game seems to imply that Pelleas isn't really Ashnard's kid and the whole thing is a setup by Izuka.
Do PCs get different epilogue text depending on supports or anything? I gave Soren and Ike high-level support and it seems that they wandered off into the sunset together while Mist became a spinster and Elincia is apparently in love with Lucia. Not -too- surprising if these were fixed epilogues, but they could easily be support-dependent.
Anything interesting about a 2nd playthrough? There's no way I'm playing this again anytime soon, but I'd like to know what changes.

Kill leaders:
5. Nephenee
4. Soren
3. Jill
2. Rolf
1. HAAAAAARRRRRR!!!!

Micaiah and Ike were just below them.

Ashera's a cool final boss, and seems like an easy to interpret rank, so I don't see what the fuss was about there.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:35:27 PM by DjinnAndTonic »

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: May 28, 2010, 02:04:04 PM »
You get more about both Lehran and Pelleas on replays. Lame, yes. Lehran was a Heron, and then he had a kid with a Beorc and lost the ability to transform and sing Galdr for no damn good reason that I can recall. He may have posed as a Branded due to his lifespan and prettiness though. Not a big spoiler

KINDA SPOILERS ABOUT PELLEAS: Pelleas wasn't the real kid. It's Soren - he's the Dragon Branded son of Ashnard and Almedha, which you need to replay the game, get him and his big manly lover to A rank support, and recruit all the second-playthrough guys to find out, I believe.

So. Second playthrough gives you extra plot about backstories, as well as recruitable Lehran and Pelleas. Pelleas is a decent late-game magic user who FINALLY lets you use Dark Magic, and Lehran... well you can bring him to fight Ashera at any rate, which is cool.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: May 28, 2010, 02:07:33 PM »
SPOILERS and questions for the experts:

What is Lehran anyway? His flashback with Zelgius seemed to imply he's a Branded, but his own flashback refers to himself as a bird Laguz and having the ability to sing Galdrar.

Is Pelleas really Ashnard's child? There's a bunch of half-Laguz running around in the second game, but the game seems to imply that Pelleas isn't really Ashnard's kid and the whole thing is a setup by Izuka.

Do PCs get different epilogue text depending on supports or anything? I gave Soren and Ike high-level support and it seems that they wandered off into the sunset together while Mist became a spinster and Elincia is apparently in love with Lucia. Not -too- surprising if these were fixed epilogues, but they could easily be support-dependent.

Anything interesting about a 2nd playthrough? There's no way I'm playing this again anytime soon, but I'd like to know what changes.

1. One of the 3 heroes, IIRC, along with Dheginsea and the girl riding a lion with two swords whose name I cannot remember.  Made the pact with Ashera after sealing Yune away, everyone made the promise not to war blah blah blah...Lehren is a Heron.

2. You are correct in your assessment tha the frue child of Ashnard/Almedha is SOREN

3. Some are.  For instance, Naesala and Leanne marry if they have an A support.

4. Playable Pelleas and Lehran, more plot that answers some of the questions/points you brought up
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: May 28, 2010, 05:50:47 PM »
MAJOR FE10 SPOILERS HERE AND SUCH!

Lehran is one of the 4 heroes who, the representative of the Bird Tribe, a Heron no less (though NOT a Royal; he has Black Wings, all Royals and ONLY the Royals have White Wings of the Heron clan.  FE9 made this rather clear).  The others were Soan of the Beast Tribe (a White Lion), Dheginsea (you know who he is), and Altina of the Beorc (the original wielder of Ragnell and Alondite, and the first Empress of Begnion.)

Lehran was the father of the first Branded (Altina being the mother), however, as a result, he lost all his Laguz Powers.  Longstory short, he became just like Almedha, so functionally was very similar to a Branded, in that he was basically a Human who aged VERY SLOWLY and had to be on the move.  Just in Lehran's case, he was able to take refuge in Goldoa for several hundred years, being a friend of Dheggy who knew all his secrets anyway, so he didn't have to worry about the usual Nomadic Lifestyle.

Pelleas is not Ashnard's Son.  He doesn't know he's not really Ashnard's son, cause he didn't know that Ashnard's son was in fact a Branded.  He himself figures out he's not the real son once Izuka spills the beans to him on a replay where he survives, as he knows his symbol is from a Spirit Pact.  Izuka just saw the Spirit Pact, saw that Pelleas was an orphan and was able to convince Almedha that Pelleas was her son  cause of how similar the Spirit Pact looks compared to a Brand.

Naturally, for Almedha, he just kept the whole "That's a Spirit Pact!" thing a secret from her, pretending it was a brand, and in the case of Pelleas, he just kept the whole "Almedha is actually a Laguz!" thing a secret from her, so they never could put two and two together.  Pelleas never reveals the Spirit Pact thing to anyone but Micaiah too, for that matter, on grounds that he knows it looks too much like a Brand, and its easier to just avoid any potential unrest rather than have to get into explaining it; obviously, in Micaiah's case, he just assumed she was one too, so felt it would ease her if she knew he was totally ok with it, especially since being one with a pact himself, he's no one to judge.

The following epilogue text changes based on supports, characters living/dying, etc.  Supports require an A, mind:

Micaiah: Depends on whether Pelleas is alive (NG+ only for "Pelleas lives" route naturally; whether Pelleas dies in plot or gameplay doesn't matter here.)
Sothe: Support with Micaiah
Jill: Support with Haar
Volug: Nailah Alive/Dead.
Rafiel: Nailah alive/dead
(AHAHAHAHAHA to either of those <.<?)

Caineghis: Skrimir alive/dead
Ranulf: Support with Ike
Muarim: Tormod alive/dead
Leanne: Support w/ Naesala (...yeah, he's a lucky bastard <_<)
Geoffrey: Support w/ Elincia
Lucia: Support w/ Bastian
Astrid: Support w/ Makalov
Boyd: Support w/ Mist
Mist: Support w/ Boyd
Soren: Support w/ Ike

Not gonna reveal what happens but a lot of them should be pretty straight forward.

NG+ allows you to keep Pelleas alive (and he becomes a PC), it has a few new plot scenes, particularly backstory related, and there's a PC you can get for the FINAL BATTLE only (who has a unique item to boot.)  This also extends into a potentially extended ending, where a few new scenes pop up. 

A big one which I don't understand why it wasn't in the first play through, though, is that the game actually explains why Ike couldn't remember that he grew up in Gallia, despite how when he left, he was old enough such that he should remember SOMETHING, and also explains why Mist got the Medallion, etc.  Its something that I can understand why they held off until FE10 to explain, but why it had to be NG+ only is beyond me (there are other things I understand why they're NG+ only, like early in the game, there's a scene with Kurth and Almedha added on into Info Sessions.  Naturally, they wanted to avoid this foreshadowing on a first playthrough and accidentally give something away, so I can at least understand that.  On a replay, you already know how they're related)

Though, why Pelleas is an NG+ only PC, I'll never know.  The fact that the game teases you by pretending you have a choice to keep him alive in the first playthrough, which only effects "Does Micaiah do it or does Tauroneo do it!?" is especially insulting.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: May 28, 2010, 05:58:37 PM »
So uh. Djinn, your questions have been very, very answered.

Oh FE10, you and your kooky misunderstandings.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.