Author Topic: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!  (Read 355971 times)

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!
« Reply #3075 on: July 16, 2010, 10:49:03 PM »
MGSPW: Solid game and far better then portable ops. Also you get to build your own Metal Gear to use on the fools who oppose you and that is crazy awesome.
My progress is beating the Hind after recruiting Otacons father and Hideo Kojima?!1?

WKC: Who tests the online quests in this game? I just did one where you have to protect a 0.7 pc hp NPC from two bosses at the same time who BOTH OHKO HIM. I got it in a couple of trys due to abusing physical immunity Barriors but damn that quest is retarded.

Anyway I'm GR8 and doing the same old thing. Kicking that ugly mother Big Red's Troll punk ass all over the desert.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:29:12 AM by Rozalia »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: July 17, 2010, 01:12:47 AM »
The system sounds so cool in theory, but I've already been burned by IF fail with GoC... and you say this is -worse- when it comes to buggy programming?

I haven't played GoC.

And did I mention any bugs?  I'm pretty sure I did not.  In fact, I don't think I've seen any!  There's just stupid design decisions and lack of polish.  These are very different things!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: July 17, 2010, 03:25:41 AM »
Resident Evil 4: Just beat Separate Ways.  Fun little way to tack on an extra 5 hours to the game.  Simplified version of the game that's mostly just blowing up more enemies, but hey, games good at that!  A few unique sections relative to Leon too (namely the turret part.)  seeing the plot from Ada's PoV is kind of meaningless since, well, RE4 plot isn't exactly very intriguing to begin with, but whatever, I got an explosive Crossbow, so I really can't care!
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: July 17, 2010, 11:42:04 AM »
Been out for a few days, so minimal progress. :(

Wednesday 14th July:
 - FF3: Phew, finally! Got to Odin after doing a training run to him before - managed to beat him this time, thanks to Arc avoiding Zantetsuken via Jump, which went on to be the finishing blow. Went off to the Temple of Time after that, blitzed it pretty easily (a few new weapons really make all the difference in this game, don't they?) and grabbed Noah's Lute. Woke up Unei and entered the Ancient Ruins, quicksaved about halfway through and stopped for the day.

Thursday 15th July:
 - FF3: Got through the rest of the Ancient Ruins, got a new airship. Completely re-equipped inside and sold all the old crap I don't plan on using - I'm happy with my team as is now. Went over to the Cave of Shadows, saved outside. Yeah, that's all. :(

Friday 16th July:
 - FFX-2: Did Besaid again, then went over to get Gun Mage because I hate Zanarkand, apparently. Blitzed that one, so wandered over to Zanarkand with my new levels. Swept through up until the boss, which... killed me with a double Damocles Photon. DAMMIT. I need more training, but I really hate having to grind for levels, especially in a game like this. >_>

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: July 17, 2010, 04:15:43 PM »
Friday 16th July:
 - FFX-2: Did Besaid again, then went over to get Gun Mage because I hate Zanarkand, apparently. Blitzed that one, so wandered over to Zanarkand with my new levels. Swept through up until the boss, which... killed me with a double Damocles Photon. DAMMIT. I need more training, but I really hate having to grind for levels, especially in a game like this. >_>

How do you possibly lose here? It cannot doubleact. Do you not have any healing at all? Shell, if you really want to go the battle without healing.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: July 17, 2010, 05:23:30 PM »
What part of FFX-2 is this?
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: July 17, 2010, 05:47:45 PM »
XF. The update that includes that battle.

2-3 (meowsery)

Vin: Secutor; Fantastica OC, Sentinel OC
Felius: Secutor; Halberdier OC
Levin: Elementalist: Martial Mage OC, Sacred Slayer OC

Levin is forced, Felius is forced but doesn't immediately appear on the field, so I can only control two PCs at first.

Everyone gets miseried at the start of this battle. Two ways to get around it, have Felius reappear and Status Absorb people, or have people die and get revived. Levin being a squishy underlevelled elementalist has this happen quickly enough, so from there on it's Levin providing healing and some blasting support (some Blast but mostly elemental) while Vin tanks. There are quite a lot of enemies here and this proves quite a grind; the initial rush is tricky to deal with, as are the Gadgeteers below. The secutors below prove easier because the cliff abuses them and then there's a sweet chokepoint where only one can attack. Finally I head up to the top area, which is I think what causes Felius to appear. So I should have done that earlier, oh well. Felius uses Status Absorb so Vin can start Heavy Striking things. Ending is sliiightly tense because Levin is out of MP, Felius is silenced, and Vin is out of VP/HP, but not really a big deal, Forcefield keeps Vin safe well enough. A much harder battle than I remember, but still the easiest battle in part 2 so far.

Third set of classes!

2-4 (the gate) (4 resets)

Remember how I said 1-14 was the hardest battle before the third set of classes? That's because I knew this came after that little benchmark. Hardest map so far? Oh yes. Hardest map in the game? I'm inclined to say yes, in a normal playthrough. We'll see here. This map actually doesn't get... -that- much harder with 3 PCs. It still gets harder, though, and it can ill afford to do so.

Clarissa: Geomancer; Elementalist OC, Sacred Slayer OC, Elementalist EQ (book)
Vin: Berserker; Fantastica OC, Sentinel OC
Labyrinthia: Gadgeteer; Arcanist OC, Elementalist EQ (book)

The main problem with this battle is just how hard the enemies hit. Sentinels have Heavy Strike, which hurts a fair deal, but even worse are the elementalists, who 2-shot Labby almost regardless of what class she is in and do a serious number on everyone else. I end up turning Clarissa into a geomancer for two reasons: their armour combined with her innate resistance lets her only be 4HKOed by elementalists, and Translate lets her skip quickly to the back of the map.

Vin is a berserker beacause their mobility is valuable for getting through the sentinels quickly. Also, a Charging Thrust from range 7 or 8 immediately drops an elementalist into critical. And she has tons of HP. She also casts Rush (as always) which is invaluable.

I play around with different classes for Labby, eventually settling on Gadgeteer. Although it doesn't have the movement and speed of Excavator, its Mystic is actually useful unlike Excavator's OC, as is its ability to carry items. Arcanist OC is there for Warp (after Rush, 10 panels of mobility is awesome) and Replica (basically cancels the turn of one enemy and, if it's a sentinel, pulls them out of the way).

The main strategy is to get everyone to the gate before criticalling the third enemy, then quickly make the escape before being overwhelmed by the reinforcements (the reinforcements include Geos with Shut Out, this is pretty instantly fatal without Dispel on hand). The other main part of the strategy which I eventually key in on is to NEVER enter the range of the elementalist on the left (further from the treasure chest where Clarissa warps in). Besides that, it's a matter of surviving as best I can and dropping guys into critical.

The escape itself is very risky, but by starting near the gate, it gets far easier. I have Labby toss a gem to knock the last enemy into critical - I don't like using gems much because of their price, but here, the quick hit effect is worth it given what has to come next. Clarissa abuses Turn Shift to get everyone else quick turns here, even using it the turn she gets out. This is useful because Vin, who was tanking the sentinels, starts two turns from the gate, so I need to get her those two turns quickly. Fortunately one Turn Shift gets used on the turn Clarissa herself escapes, so... yeah. Over before the reinforcements can act, and previous experience states this was pretty much necessary.

Whew.

2-5 (sentinels in the streets)

Clarissa: Sacred Slayer; Dandelion Shot OC, Elementalist OC, Elementalist EQ
Elayne: Enigmancer; Elementalist OC, Sacred Slayer OC, Elementalist EQ
Vin: Secutor; Fantastica OC, Sentinel OC

Not too hard a battle (not trivial either), but I'm not very happy with how I play it, a bit lazy and I lose all the bonuses from a Potential Egg I mystic at the start because everyone dies at some point. There's really no excuse for that. Sure, most of the enemies are decently hard-hitting sentinels, but I still play rather poorly.

No reinforcements here, just a straight slugfest. I turn on that orb which I've ignored on previous playthroughs but I don't really notice it doing much. Devastate is pretty cool and MP-efficient at killing things, which makes it a nice addition to my toolbox. Don't have much to say otherwise.

2-6 (Asgard)

Clarissa: Elementalist; Dandelion Shot OC, Sacred Slayer OC, Dandelion Shot EQ
Elayne: Fantastica; Sacred Slayer OC, Enigmancer OC, Elementalist EQ
Vin: Gadgeteer; Fantastica OC, Sentinel OC, Weapon Block

Protip: Asgard sucks.

Well okay, he's decent if you don't know what you're doing. But since I do, ahahaha. Keep out of 1 range, use Feeble Mind (ignores his barrier) until he's out of MP. An Asgard with no MP can't do anything but launch physical attacks, so whatever, debuff him and hit him with a wrench and Sacrifice + heal and yeah not much to say here, his HP isn't even that impressive in this first fight.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: July 17, 2010, 08:27:57 PM »
What part of FFX-2 is this?

Based on Besaid vs. Zanarkand, going with "Chapter 1" <_<

Idun

« Reply #3083 on: July 17, 2010, 10:02:57 PM »
I need four more cosmosands!!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: July 18, 2010, 05:36:46 AM »
Dead Rising: Just bought this.  So far, fun little game!  Beat the first case and what not, now gotta kill time before the next opens up.

Darkstalkers Chronicle Chaos Tower: Given a Buy 2, Get 1 free deal at Gamestop, I basically got this as the free game and figured why not for getting some more familiarity with Darkstalkers?  To be honest, I wasn't expecting much, since the PSP port of Street Fighter Alpha 3 kind of sucked, due to poor controls and what not (something I remember not being a big deal on the PS1.)

Plus someone told me the game would be COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE ON A PSP cause of the combo system and what not, said it would make SFA3 look totally playable, etc.  They were rather adamant about this!

...all that is bullshit.  This game handles perfectly fine on the PSP.  The controls are responsive, and work fine enough on the D-pad.  Its obvious the person who said this never actually PLAYED this port.  I don't know how the original game handled, but I'm honestly not having any qualms with regards to the controls, so if its "inferior" to the original, its in such a way that'd be a pure technical thing that's not really notice-able outside of people who obsessed over the original game.

That said, seems like a quirky little variation of Street Fighter games, which is fine!  Should work as something to kill time if I want to load up something quickly for a quick fun fest.  I was hoping SFA3:Max would fulfill that role, but as I said, the game just didn't handle well on the PSP at all; this game seems to lack that issue!

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: July 18, 2010, 10:21:52 AM »
FE7: So beat this.  And at long last my minor goal of completing all three GBA Fire Emblems is complete.  Yay.  Final time was 22 hours about.  This really felt like the weakest of the three games.

But who cares, stat time!

Eliwood: 20/6 HP: 42 Str: 22 Skl: 14 Spd: 19 Luc: 18 Def: 14 Res: 12
So, Eliwood was pretty crappy.  If he had gotten to 20/20 he might have been decent, but he was just so weak overall it wasn't worth trying to get him kills once he promoted.

Nils/Ninian: 19 HP: 30 Str: 0 Skl: 1 Spd: 25 Luc: 24 Def: 10 Res: 19
Why did I even add this here?  Oh well.  Sang/danced gave an extra turn.  The ring boost was essential for killing the Dragon for sad, sad reasons.

Hector: 20/17 HP: 54 Str: 28 Skl: 11 Spd: 24(CAP) Luc: 17 Def: 28 Res: 12
So, early on Hector got utterly screwed with Strength gains.  Eliwood was ahead of him for a few levels.  Once he neared promotion he started gaining Strength while also capping Defense and Speed before.  Once he promoted his gains rocketed up.  Speed capped before level 10 and everything else made up for the terrible Lord start.

Lyn: 16/5 HP: 39 Str: 13 Skl: 19 Spd: 21 Luc: 15 Def: 12 Res: 9
She just got screwed beyond belief.  I promoted her before 20 in hopes the Str bonus would help but it didn't.  her terribleness was why I needed to use the Ring to boost Hector against the Dragon.  She couldn't hurt it.

Rebecca: 20/20 HP: 42 Str: 24(CAP) Skl: 25 Spd: 27 Luc: 21 Def: 8 Res: 17
Her strength gains were on crack.  Though her other stats aren't spectacular, her damage output made up for it all.

Florina: 20/20 HP: 46 Str: 23(CAP) Skl: 23 Spd: 28(CAP) Luc: 30(CAP) Def: 10 Res: 16
The other strength gain crackhead.  And her stats worked so much better for her with that too.  She was probably the only character sans Ninian who never came close to dying.

Lowen: 20/16 HP: 57 Str: 19 Skl: 12 Spd: 24 Luc: 18 Def: 19 Res: 8
Kent was turning out really bad, so I switched over to Lowen who had better stats in everything despite being levels lower.  He was a mobile pseudo-tank who was covering the map-half Hector wasn't.  He really couldn't damage a thing though.

Guy: 17/7 HP: 46 Str: 17 Skl: 25 Spd: 23 Luc: 12 Def: 9 Res: 5
Like Lyn I promoted him early to help alleviate his Str woes.  And it actually worked.  He was still unimpressive as all hell though.  He was stupidly frail and he was always getting hit even in forests.

Priscilla: 10/6 HP: 24 Str: 11 Skl: 14 Spd: 15 Luc: 15 Def: 7 Res: 15
Healer early promotion yay!  Too bad she was utterly terrible at everything.

Serra: 17/14 HP: 39 Str: 20 Skl: 12 Spd: 22 Luc: 12 Def: 7 Res: 26 BOOTS
Now her on the other hand, was a total awesome fest.  Sure, she had extra levels -- a lot of extra levels -- but even near-perfect growths would have evened the two out.

Sain: 20/20 HP: 51 Str: 25(CAP) Skl: 18 Spd: 23 Luc: 15 Def: 16 Res: 13
Aw yeah, Mr Badass reporting for duty.  The final of the strength gain crackheads.  Capped before promotion, and immediately as possible after promotion.  His Speed always kept up enough for him to double.  Despite all his stats not being actually impressive for his Growth rates haha.

And that's pretty much it.  Everyone else I used was just filler.  Now I can kickback and finally stop playing these things.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: July 18, 2010, 11:05:36 AM »
Friday 16th July:
How do you possibly lose here? It cannot doubleact. Do you not have any healing at all? Shell, if you really want to go the battle without healing.
Actually, I was spamming Pray with my White Mage Yuna, who doesn't have Shell yet, but she died to a Damocles and every time I revived her, she got killed again until I was out of Phoenix Downs.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: July 18, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »
Disgaea DS -
Up to Point Alpha-III. The majority of my team has been faring pretty poorly recently so I have halted progression to grind a bit until everyone is at least level 30, which should be over fairly shortly.

Safecracker -
Didn't want to run and resulted in more having to mess about with settings. Tsk.

Only ended up looking up hints to one puzzle which was due to a failure in observation. Was fairly pretty and worth what I paid for it.

World of Goo -
Up to world 3.

Decent so far, although I don't think it's really clicking with me. As things currently stand I'm probably not going to try to 100% everything.

Abe's Oddysee -
Saved 96 out of 99.

Very good, but noticeably inferior to Exoddus in numerous ways (as to be expected really since Exoddus came out later). I had detailed a number of examples of this but I managed to go back somehow and lose it.

Time to replay Exoddus and see whether I have overbuilt it in my mind in the years since I last played it.

Left 4 Dead -
Played some of this with my brother. Fairly entertaining but I'm not very good at it.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: July 18, 2010, 04:19:29 PM »
DQ9:  Five Fyggs Filched.  Only had resets on Garth Goyle (he had perfect AI, and Zing failed three times in a row...) and Equinox in a treasure map.  Rest of game has been incredibly easy.  Just have to remember to save more often.  Being colorblind, I can't tell when the battery light on the DS changes color.   :'(
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 04:21:10 PM by Captain K. »

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: July 18, 2010, 05:37:34 PM »
Friday 16th July:
Actually, I was spamming Pray with my White Mage Yuna, who doesn't have Shell yet, but she died to a Damocles and every time I revived her, she got killed again until I was out of Phoenix Downs.

Pray is awful, never rely on Pray. It heals 100 HP at endgame levels.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: July 18, 2010, 05:46:20 PM »
And about 40 at the point I was at. It was enough for what I needed, right up until the point where Yuna KEPT GETTING ATTACKED.
But I've beaten the boss now, so it's not a problem~

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #3091 on: July 18, 2010, 05:48:13 PM »
Pray can be useful... if you badly need to just outlast a boss or get caught up and use three White Mages.  With less than that nothing fails to outdamage it.  Or at least, that's the best use I found for it.

Why I even thought to use three white mages doing nothing but praying I don't know.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: July 18, 2010, 06:05:42 PM »
I thought Pray existed just for "Free action for a White Mage to use so they can learn other skills!"  Its also the first thing on the menu slot so its just a mindless button press when you have no issues winning a fight!

Though yeah, for actual gameplay merits, Pray is kind of just there cause White Mage wasn't allowed to have a physical.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: July 18, 2010, 06:06:08 PM »
I can't seem to play just one game anymore...

League of Legends - Season one has arrived and with it comes ranked games! Also, they have a drfat mode in these ranked games. So that means only one champ per game now. So no mirror matches anymore. You start off by bannign two champs per team and then the draft starts. You have to wait yer turn to pick a champ and if someone from the other team takes the champ yuo wanted to play, you better have had a back up. It's a lot of fun, but the difficulty spikes like crazy.

Final Fantasy 14 -I got the Beta invite! *dances* I guess I'm not suppposed to say anything much else about it?

Strange Journey - I am in the third section and currently looking for a Megami demon so that weird angel can help me.

Shadow Complex - My gf downloaded this, so I started it up. Good lord this game is just pure AWESOME! I just got past the helicopter at the lake. I can see myself going over there and whoring the 360 just so I can play through this masterpiece. I don't care how it's presented. I love me some Metroidvania styled games.

Rock Band 2 - The other game I play over at my gf's house. I am trying drums for the first time after a long wait and me avoiding them for some reason. I have mastered Medium, but Hard is proving to be a huge spike in the difficulty. We shall see if I can get any better. The foot pedal is what's making it so hard.
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: July 19, 2010, 12:15:55 AM »
WA:XF- Was coincedentally replaying this over a string of months! Running errands today and picked it back up for a bit. Just beat the prison chapters in C1. Embarrassed to admit, but despite knowing how the first part worked, I still reset a few times because I got too impatient! Second part, Rob Turnedx4 the only at all threatening enemy made this nice. She got a turn, but used it to regular physical Labby.
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: July 19, 2010, 12:18:26 AM »
2-7 (Rupert and Grauswein) (1 reset)

Clarissa: Elementalist; Dandelion Shot OC, Sacred Slayer OC, Dandelion Shot EQ (gun/brooch)
Elayne: Elementalist; Enigmancer OC, Sacred Slayer OC, Gadgeteer EQ
Vin: Strider; Fantastica OC, Sentinel OC, Weapon Block

Fairly tricky, 60 turns to destroy Grauswein doesn't give you a lot of leeway. Bows and Strahl Gewehr make excellent selections here, and give my party the needed range to get places and get things blown up. Elayne's job is to kill as many people as possible for CSP, and I'm able to snag a kill count of 4, which isn't too shabby. Rupert's damage is pretty competent here when he uses Speed Fang (low 2HKO) but with two Sacred Slayer OCs and Elayne focussing on killing everyone else but Rupert who starts nearby, along with Vin using Forcefield when she can't get in range to shoot a pillar with a bow, things go fairly smoothly.

First reset was due to my not respecting the battle enough and trying it without the ranged weaponry.

2-8 (Grauswein plot fight)

You don't even get rewards for this, so who really cares? Sacred Slayer controls the enemies well enough.

2-9 (berserker rush through the streets)

Clarissa: Berserker: Elementalist OC, Sacred Slayer OC, Elementalist EQ (book)
Elayne: Berserker; Gadgeteer OC, Gadgeteer EQ (apron)
Vin: Berserker; Fantastica OC, Sentinel OC, Weapon Block

Like the 99-turn battle from Chapter 1, there are two options here: escape or rout. Routing might seem like an imposing task at first, as there are 12 enemies, half of them tanky, and you have a lot of ground to cover... but it's actually quite easy, because the enemies are extremely slow, and half a dozen of them fall quickly, so the total number of turns spent is actually fairly generous. And there's a lot of CSP/Exp here, so we want those kills.

Berserker on all, the movement is huge boon. Clarissa stays magey, which is quite handy with Rush, but a second would probably be impractical. The other two are both fighters and use spears. The first three waves of enemies die quickly enough, getting OHKOed by elementalist spells, decent Charging Thrusts do it too. The boxes in the way are practically designed to be destroyed with spears, so no problem there. Sentinels are trickier, since they have triple the HP of the rest, but still, Charging Thrust from range 8 doesn't care much about defence, and neither does Clarissa's magic. Clarissa burns herself out of MP soon enough between this and Turn Shift, and escapes once she does to give me more turns. Vin and Elayne clean things up quite nicely, with Rush Charging Thrust grabbing most of the kills.

Vin hits Level 30 here. Berserker's Exp Up is the big reason.

2-10-A (enter the Zortroa)

Elayne: Enigmancer; Elementalist OC, Sacred Slayer OC, Elementalist EQ
Vin: Secutor; Fantastica OC, Sentinel OC, Berserker OC

Vin really needs worthwhile skills from non-Secutor classes, doesn't she? Berserker OC at least provides Quick Step, though Rush usually takes priority so this is basically a waste. At this point I'm waiting for Secutor EQ (not much longer) before having her spend lots of time in other classes.

Ho hum, first Zortroa map and it's really dull. No reinforcements, and the enemy types aren't especially dangerous, just gremalkins and tarrasques and Dispel means max HP Down isn't even the danger it once was. So I go in with a pretty standard setup and Rush/smash things well enough, healing when necessary.

Elayne hits Level 30 after this battle.

2-10-B (Chelle and King Tarrasque III) (1 reset)

Elayne: Enigmancer; Elementalist OC, Sacred Slayer OC, Elem/Gadg EQ
Ragnar: Fantastica; Stormrider OC, Gadgeteer OC, Stormrider EQ

Forced Ragnar, so I shove him in Fantastica so he can play Vin's role. Physicals don't work too well here anyway, King Tarrasque III has hard status and enough evade to play hell with sissy axes.

Two rhinos and some Zortroa to deal with here, but for some reason I never see the rhinos use Petrify which makes them a non-issue. Also Devastate one-shots them. Zortroa are easily dispatched with elementalist stuff.

The bosses are the interest part. They're optional, but hey, CSP/Exp is CSP/Exp. Anyway, can't allow anyone to die, and generally both 3HKO or so. Tarrasque himself has a 25% elemental weakness, but has killer defences and Hard status. Chelle just has good elemental defence, mostly. Devastate proves to be my main method of offence as it hits both decently hard, with Clarissa using Fragile and Ragnar using Slow Down to get things under control. Rob Turn also works on Tarrasque, which is really handy because it keeps him from regenning. Simple enough, just need to watch out for both of them doing things like getting criticals and staying on top of healing.

And that brings us to Lefas Corner, and storebought +2 equips! Not to mention just plain having a shop for the first time since before 2-4. Yay!

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: July 19, 2010, 01:24:20 AM »
Saturday 17th July:
 - ...Nothing! First day that's happened since I started the challenge. ;_;

Sunday 18th July:
 - FFX-2: Heh, funny what a few skills do in this game. Trained enough to learn Life/Shell and then went up against the boss in Zanarkand again. Only saw Damocles once this time, and only used one Phoenix Down. Off to Kilika~ Which falls easily. The randoms here pose very little threat, barely outdamaging Pray/Vigour, and the boss was entirely ST, which makes it fall apart to the Garment Grid that provides Life/Cure spells. Off to Gagazet next, where I struggle against Ormi until I remember that Power/Armour Break exist and smash him completely. Djose to get the Letter of Introduction next, then off to smaaaash Logos in Bikanel, where I find Pray actually -does- outheal the damage of a boss, for all that he probably doesn't count. Lastly, off to the Djose Highroad, where Rikku gets to use Machina Maw and Ormi and Logos cry as a result. Chateau Leblanc is simple enough, although the massage takes me two attempts (>___>) and the fight against Leblanc/Logos/Ormi seems to drag on foreeeevvvvveeeeerrrr. :( Still won eventually, and learnt craploads with White Mage Yuna and Machina Maw Rikku. ^_^ Off to Bevelle, where I work my way through a few easy fights and finally reach Baralai. He's actually kinda challenging, but does fuck-all to Floral Fallal, who soon has him beat. On to Dark Bahamut who oh holy shit what the fuck damn Impulse is freaking evil. Yuna dies in seconds, and I make the stupid, STUPID mistake of using Assault. Welp, there goes any chance I had. Dead. >_>

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: July 19, 2010, 03:24:30 AM »
On to Dark Bahamut who oh holy shit what the fuck damn Impulse is freaking evil. Yuna dies in seconds, and I make the stupid, STUPID mistake of using Assault. Welp, there goes any chance I had. Dead. >_>

Impulse is 3/8 cHP damage, which is just pathetic, physicals suck, Megaflare is like a 3HKO but takes forever to charge...what kind of setup ARE you using?

He has HP so Assault is a Bad Plan, that's it.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: July 19, 2010, 03:41:38 AM »
ACF Speedrun (the recording):
Finished the prolouge today! I learned a couple of new tricks while last minute practicing. Shaved 3 minutes off the prior check point time. Whoo!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TideRuglia#grid/user/81B2E8BB2C61C48E <-- For those of you that want to follow along

On a side note, does anyone have a good screen record for computer screens? RICHARD and I want to record the awesomness that is KOHRYU Street Fighter :(
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:49:40 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: July 19, 2010, 04:01:34 AM »
XF - Rupert just died. =(
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....