Register

Author Topic: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!  (Read 357624 times)

Bardiche

Re: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!
« Reply #4100 on: October 30, 2010, 11:03:19 PM »
I actually don't think SMT: Devil Survivor has terrible Good/Bad end routes. Of course, Gin route is still superior.

Yoohoo route is somehow worse an ending than any of the other routes, heh. It does get you Lucifer, though.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #4101 on: October 30, 2010, 11:41:53 PM »
Speaking of Boone, I cracked open the GECK to look at his stats. He's got 10 in ST, PE and AG. Comparatively, his IN and CH are 3 and 1, respectively.

I regret that he's not like, I dunnow, Sloth or something.

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: October 31, 2010, 03:21:46 AM »
Lufia 2, Gift Mode:

Started this up after finishing Lufia DS. I've been in the cave three times and gotten the following loot:

Water Jewel
Thundo Jewel
Thunder Jewel
Bolt Shield.

Siiiigh.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: October 31, 2010, 04:34:28 AM »
Borrowed Tierkries recently.  Since I suspect my time to play it is about to get curtailed a bit (partly through my own doing, partly due to Book 13 getting released on tuesday) this seems a good time to get my thoughts out.

First, oddly enough, I'm a bit in between on the writing right now.  This game is working well as a mystery, but I'm not quite sold on other factions.  The Magedom seems ok so long as the centre holds, but right now it really doesn't.  The King is coming across as loopy as Nero, having a laugh over nothing while his kingdom burns in large part because of his idiocy,, and the idiocy of those dancing to his tune.  As for the Order, it's hard to believe that so many people can be devout followers of a creed that wants to let you know when you'll get squished, and then gets angry when you take that step to the side to avoid the actual squishing.  Especially since almost no one on their side seems to actually believe it when the chips are down.  Finally, things have been going almost too smoothly, and it really feels like this game needs a twist.  I suppose it's a good sign that I have no clue where this twist can come from, but it's only good if one eventually shows. 

On the other hand, the central mystery is interesting, and I'm really liking the way they've been using the setting to frame the theme.  And, the real shining star here is the character writing.  I could go with the bit parts (that Doctor is magnificent, and some of the others are also worth the price of admission) but I really want to go with the main cast.  Specifically, the Main (hereafter referred to as Chuck), Liu, and Dirk.  Liu is shaping up to be one of my favourite tacticians, especially since he's, well, the only one in the series who feels like he's a subordinate of the main as opposed to the guy that's really calling the shots.  Dirk I like because his reasons make more sense than most in his role, and also do a lot to explain the interesting ways in which he botches things.  Finally, Chuck.  Chuck would normally get major props just for talking, but it's actually fun to see him and his band not only holding true to their beliefs, but also avoiding most of the traditional heroic pitfalls, which is generally accepting what anyone, including villains, has to say to them at face value.  (The rare heroic use of the 'Actually, our not bending to your every whim is NOT a valid excuse to be a bunch of raging douches' argument is a special favourite)

Anyways, rest of the game is inoffensive so far, and I'm seeing where the Mark of the Stars non-choice issue is coming in, for all that I actually have to pick and choose for some people now.  Currently about to go and storm Falcon Chick's castle after finishing the current round of star hunting.

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: October 31, 2010, 04:48:14 AM »
Lufia 2, Gift Mode:

Started this up after finishing Lufia DS. I've been in the cave three times and gotten the following loot:

Water Jewel
Thundo Jewel
Thunder Jewel
Bolt Shield.

Siiiigh.

BREAKING NEWS, A FIFTH BLUE CHEST!

Catfish Jewel.

Emoko time.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: October 31, 2010, 05:11:32 AM »
I think my next run of Fallout will be a cannibal run. I intend to eat the following people to gain their power.

-President Kimball
-Both NCR Colonels
-The King
-Mr House
-Benny
-Big Sal
-Mortimer
-Caesar
-Lucius
-Vulpis whatsisface
-Elder McNamera

And then of course, Legate Lanius and General Oliver at the end of the game.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 05:13:33 AM by Rob the Stampede »

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: October 31, 2010, 06:32:37 AM »
All sides are _____ Stupid. It just depends on which stupid you think is best, honestly.

I wouldn't say the side themselves are stupid. The big man himself for example is not a dick in this like people say. I think he is much like in DS in that he is happy whatever outcome happens as long as Lucy/chaos hero/dickhead of the week don't win but if his minions win and brainwash massive amounts of people to worship him then so be it. The stupid lays in the heroes of the factions who are always so extream that you just can't agree with them.

Law Hero is always about mass brainwashing which is getting old at this point but they took it to new levels here with the sheer dickheadness of it. Chaos hero is actually somewhat good at first as he shows emotions besides wanting to kill everything and he hated the brainwashing used by the law hero which is understandable. Then he himself brainwashs loads of people... EPIC FAIL!

BTW, I'd like to point out there is multiple parties of LAW/CHAOS in SJ.
There is the alien side and earth side. Representing dark/light element.
YHWH/Lucy are the light law/light chaos, and the three wise men and MA are the dark law/dark chaos.
The alien side are the one who believe that human still hope and earth side does not.
Lucy remain a bystander this time as MA is taking the matter into her own hand, MA is the head of chaos faction on Earth, so if she took action on her own, there is no place for an outside like Lucy to interfere. Thus, he only drop hints and lead the events to develop in a way that human can become demons and hope MA would reconsider her option instead just wipe out humanity.
On the other hand, the wise dislike both human and MA, but that also means they have absolutely no option to change the situation. The wise men themselves are earthly spirits that is below MA, thus becoming traitors and sides with Mestama and Selene are their only option. Or should I say, they are the true supporter of the mass braining washing (due to their own dislike of human) when Mestama has a more neutral stance on how things develop.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: October 31, 2010, 04:18:14 PM »
Dawn of Heroes:  Finished.  Turns out you just have to hit the final enough times to get to phase 2, and the subsequent phases are self-explanatory.

Anyway, wonderful game that's going to get horribly underplayed due to lack of advertising.  Seriously, nearly everyone in the DL would love this game.  It's like Final Fantasy Tactics, except it's actually good.

Farming the epic beasts now, and going to try some wi-fi multiplayer out tonight to see how that works.

Character analysis!

Jiro the Khan:  great at the beginning of the game, really lags later.  There are too many people that do physical damage better, and the Thane is a much better taunter.

Reynald the Templar:  Usable at all stages of the game, but not exceptional at any time.  Healing is strong but limited.  He gets his magic damage just in time for it to be useful.

Elfyra the Infernalis:  Blows stuff up, and is good at it.  MP issues of course, which encourages you to use the Scorch -> Fireballs two-turn combo.  Used her for pretty much the entire game.

Nayeli the Soul Caller:  MVP.  Not only is she your only source of affliction damage for almost the entire game, but infinite range and Soul Turmoil make her way too useful.  Also gets style points for Mind Controlling Thorgul's clone.

Osmund the Crusader:  One word:  Backfire.  Terribly useful at the point you get him, although I stopped using him after a while.  Stubborn is also a great passive.

Kaliska the Sabertooth:  Smashes things with axes.  Great damage, and wonderful passive abilities.

Daisuke the Kensei:  Almost never used him.  The game refused to give me swords after a while, which meant that a two-sword character was going to be terribly underequipped.  Seems like a decent damager, and you certainly don't want to attack him with physicals.

Gudleif the Gothi:  Recovery is good healing, and Conversion is just plain broken.  Only thing keeping him from being Godlike is that he can't use Conversion on himself.

Hasina the Theurgist:  Decent but unremarkable.  Used her for a while after I got her.  If anything she's too predictable, needing to heal to have decent damage and vice-versa.

Nazar the Penumbros:  Awesome.  This is the Affliction damager you've been waiting for.  Unfortunately doesn't show up until after Chapter 6.

Nobuo the Kamui:  Broken, but he's postgame.

Lash the Demonicus:  Looks like fun, haven't tried him yet.  Also postgame.

And the optionals...

Helga the Valkyrie:  Access to all three forms of damage, has early AOE, and outstanding passive abilities.  Great character.

Yuji the Doshu:  Good damager, but his movement/range leave a lot to be desired.  Also useful for a second earlygame disabler.

Tabia the Zealot:  Never used her, but looks pretty annoying.

Merikh the Necroxis:  Bought him early so I'd have a second source of Magic damage.  Useful, but has MP issues.  Spirit Link is fun against the Bomb-throwing boss.  And of course gets Raise Dead late in the game.

Njall the Thane:  Awesomesauce.  Autotaunt every turn, Rock Stand, and Ice Curse to disable bosses.  His damage is terrible, even with Combat Lust, but you have four other characters who can concentrate on damage with him around.

Valberg the Warlock:  Just bought him, but looks pretty awesome if you can keep him alive long enough.

===================

TLDR version:  play this game you dorks.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: October 31, 2010, 04:52:18 PM »
Robt: ...Do you actually gain bonuses from eating people or are you speaking figuratively?

Did Freeside/Jacobstown/McCarran/Vault 3. Motor-runner got sneak attack critted before he could move. So did his dogs. Anticlimax boss fight!

Conned my way into the strip through the powers of SCIENCE, so I still have a favor to call in with the King if I want. Did I mention that having a gang of Elvises around never stops making me smile? Because it doesn't. I will probably ask if I can join up.

Currently running around with Cass, and ED-E for pack muleage and just in case something else triggers a file in his memory. Picked up Arcade for a while, too. He is pretty cool. It's like having Egon Spangler with you except he has a sense of humor and unfortunate connections to a fascist paramilitary organization (or not).

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: October 31, 2010, 10:20:34 PM »
Cannibal only heals you, but from checking a wiki about it there was this.

In Fallout: New Vegas, there appears to be a second, unused Challenge Perk tied to Cannibalism, called "Meat of Champions". If it had been used, the player would have gained Mr. House's Luck, Caesar's Intelligence, The King's Charisma, and President Kimball's Strength whenever he or she committed an act of Cannibalism.

* The Challenge to earn this perk was never added; one could assume that the player had to kill and subsequently consume each of the above persons.

So hopefully we see a restoration mod of some kind.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4110 on: October 31, 2010, 11:37:21 PM »
I think my next run of Fallout will be a cannibal run. I intend to eat the following people to gain their power.

-President Kimball
-Both NCR Colonels
-The King
-Mr House
-Benny
-Big Sal
-Mortimer
-Caesar
-Lucius
-Vulpis whatsisface
-Elder McNamera

And then of course, Legate Lanius and General Oliver at the end of the game.

What no Tabitha or Jason Bright?

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: November 01, 2010, 01:13:13 AM »
FONV: Vaults 22 & 34. Former was pretty easy to deal with, latter had mobs of armored glowing ones. Ew. And I never did see a way to shut down the reactor like the game told me to. Did I miss something there? I looked all over the damn place twice, but the spot marked as "reactor" on the map was just the overseer's office and eventually I just decided to flee before I ran out of Radaway. Figured coming back wouldn't be hard later since at least I killed all the enemies. I sure as hell raided the armory while I was there, at least. Jesus that was a ridiculous haul. Between that and everything I stole after massacring the Van Grafs, I don't imagine I'll be worrying about weapons/armor/money for, I dunno, the rest of the game? I can surely bankrupt every trader I've met if I want to. Sadly, I think I broke Jean's badass plasma caster during the fight, but picking up the Tesla gun will surely make up for it. Damn that thing's shiny. Will be saving it for a special occasion because the ammo type is uncommon and the repair costs for casual use would surely be icky.

Dropped Cass for a bit once her quest was done. Recruited Veronica, who is highly endearing. Lots of smiles through the Q&A phase.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: November 01, 2010, 03:27:40 AM »
FE10 - Beaten the first two parts on the bronze/knife/raven playthrough! 1-8 was notably longer than usual and I had trouble keeping too many civilians alive, eventually made it out with just 2. 1-E is 1-E, brutal and the source of most of my resets so far (like 3?), BK is terrific here of course although the move and 1 range prevents him from being -too- terrific. Part 2... first three maps were normal enough. Geoffrey's Charge was pain to cut through the tough enemies (Bowgun guys, Horseslayer paladin, their friends, and then the Speedwing Halberdier and the boss) and that damn Physic user in the back was my worst enemy. 2-E... I was able to get both Nullify and the Energy Drop which were my real goals since no way was I routing the level, I never even fully controlled the terrace below where the main ally army starts. Calill/Haar feasted on the stairs, Brom held the point on the right, the pegs and Nealuchi flew around helping where they were needed.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: November 01, 2010, 03:56:05 AM »
Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright: COMPLETED! ...except for 1-5, but I was told that its basically the aftergame and to ignore it for a number of reasons, cause 1-4 is the real ending so I did.

Phoenix Wright: Justice For All: COMPLETED!  Unlike the above, I didn't skip anything <_< >_>

Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations: COMPLETED!

Yeah, I beat all 3 games, and I didn't mention that I was playing it to anyone but a particular 2 people who knew I was playing it.  And you know what that means?

LARGE AS HELL MEEPLE RANT AHOY! MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

If you haven't played the games, then you should...

HOLD IT!!!!!

On reading from here on in!

So where to start...I guess we'll just work the worst part of the game out first, cause well, yeah!

The Gameplay.  Phoenix Wright gameplay, in general, sucks.  It just does.  Investigations ranged from boring filler between trials to just downright painful.  Trials weren't too bad, cause you actually had to apply SOME level of skill.  Psyche Locks introduced in the 2nd game were an attempt to de-suckify investigations, but even then, Psyche Locks were pretty damn obvious (unlike Trials where you still needed to think abstractly at times); the main issue with Psyche Locks was "Do you have enough evidence to break them, y/n?" and there's no real penalty to failing them.  So in the end, its just a means to hold back from "Spam all evidence to one person until they give some kind of trigger."
Trials weren't as bad, but still nothing great.  ONe of my issues is the answers were pretty obtuse.  I will note that I didn't really FAQ the games much at all; I only used a FAQ in the 3rd game, and only for:
A. One investigation, cause I didn't do something obvious that I THOUGHT I did and apparently didn't think to try it against just in case
B. 3-2, where again, I thought I did something that I didn't
C. 3-5 with Dhalia's last testimony, where I was kind of in a hurry to finish it cause of something going on, and I didn't have time to think of it (though, looking at the answer, I don't think I would have put two and two together.)

Also, 2-4 required me to ask for some hints, but it turns out I fell into a trap of "The Judge always says the same thing" and didn't wait for Edgeworth's response, cause I DEFINITELY did that combo at least once before.

But anyway, one of the problems with Trials is that you can KNOW exactly what the contradiction is, you can know what's wrong with the testimony...but your evidence either doesn't directly link to it, or which line you contradict is random.  Recent one in 3-5 for example, she said "Snow stopped falling!" and that was the obvious contradiction, so I did everything that'd prove that there remotely...none of it worked; so I guessed a bit on an earlier line and it worked.  I'm...not sure how that made sense here, cause it was more obviously contradicting the line I was trying to prove than the one you were suppose to, and in the end, IT WAS THE SAME CONTRADICTION YOU PROVED!

I was ready to yell OBJECTION!!! at the game at that point...

HOWEVER, these games are a rare breed, cause what they fail at gameplay, they keep you playing cause of the writing, and the cases are so freaking weird, you want to see how everything went down, and they were good at being not-obvious until at least about half way in (sometimes cause the character in question wasn't introduced early enough, others cause while you can figure out WHO did it, how they pulled it off and why doesn't really fit in until later on, so you have yourself going "Ok, he's probably the guy but...I can't see how he would have done it.")

I think the games' best trait is the way it turns Trials into EPIC SHONEN WARFARE.  I...didn't think something like that was realistically possible, without the two lawyers jumping out of their benches, and beating the crap out of each other...but these games proved me wrong.  I would always look forward to Trials cause that's when things actually got interesting.  It wasn't just "Talking, plot point made, go to next area, etc."  Part of the thing about Trials is that the game actually required SOME thought in the mix, there was a genuine risk/reward factor, and you didn't get overwhelmed with options.  Investigations, you have to examine every nook and cranny, present evidence to everyone you can, run across areas multiple times...yeah, Trials take out all those failures, just have logic games.  They're still flawed, but at least they feel like ACTUAL GAMEPLAY.

So anyway, thoughts on each Case and what not!

1-1: ...its a tutorial case.  It doesn't count for anything one way or another.  It does its job, I guess and is ludicrously short.

1-2: Kind of meh.  It basically just paints Edgeworth as this bad ass, and Phoenix as the underdog, and the case doesn't really do much, outside of introduce a bunch of characters.  I know it has plot relevance later and what not, and Mia's death is important, but the case still kind of sucks overall.  I did the entire thing in an airport mind you!  yeah, I was playing the game back at DLC.

1-3: Now THIS was significantly better.  Edgeworth is now treated more like a Shonen Rival instead of this ULTIMATE UNBEATABLE BAD ASS (Phoenix just beat him after all), and has actual amusement factors here, and the whole "WAIT! THIS TRIAL ISN'T OVER!" "but Edgeworth, you're about to win." "I DON'T CARE! I WANT TO HEAR THE TRUTH!" was a nice touch.  But no, what improved this trial was the supporting cast.  They actually put effort into making the characters...characters here.  Plus its the first trial to pull any sort of sense of plot twist.  Trial 1-2 was predictable the entire way; you KNEW Maya didn't do it, you knew the guy who did it the instant you met him, etc.  1-3, there were actual twists and you didn't expect them.

1-4: A decent conclusion for the first game.  The actual case was...ah...really train wrecky in the end, having the scene be absolutely NOTHING like anyone could have potentially guessed, then going into a 2nd (related) case right at the end.  Plus the usage of a Prosecutor whose genuinely threatening and seems actually unbeatable (contrast to 1-2 Edgeworth where its more just generic underdogness), Edgeworth being forced to rely on the guy who embarrassed him twice, Larry Butz getting more time...yeah.
Oh, and of course, there's PARROT CROSS EXAMINING!  Yeah, can't really argue with THAT at all.

2-1: Another tutorial case, but it actually has difficulty merit of a remote sense (if still kind of a joke) compared to 1-1.  The Amnesia touch was a cute way to get Phoenix back to being an idiot, per se, so the game had an excuse to tell you how to play in case someone was stupid enough to skip the first game (I seriously cannot see people getting much out of these games if they skip actual entries, though; 1-5 sounds like an exception cause it was made AFTER the 3rd game).  Not much to say on the case itself though.  Well, the game opened in an absolutely ridiculous manner, with Phoenix's over the top nightmare about DEMONIC JUDGE which of course is awesome but <_<

2-2: Case felt like it mostly existed to give us more background on the Kurain family, and introduce us to Pearl and Franziska Von Karma.  I'm honestly not a big fan of the case.  The "EVIL AUNT" thing wasn't exactly pulled off strongly, and Ini Mimi was actually kind of annoying.  Lotta Heart coming back...well, she didn't leave a big impression in 1-4, so I was ambivalent here.    To this case's credit, it had one of my favorite endings:

*Fran goes psycho and whips Phoenix til he's down*
Judge: ...well, it seems the defense is unconscious, so in the meantime, I'll declare the verdict.

Found that funnier than I probably should have, but hey!

2-3: Felt like repeat of 1-3.  The case itself has no long term meaning in anything in the series, just there for another case for Phoenix to face Fran, and again, its about a Celebrity-like scenario.  HOWEVER, this case does have the nice touch that being a circus, ALL THE UNIQUE CHARACTERS ARE TOTAL FREAKS.  Between Moe's "Pressing Him can backfire miserably cause he is a spontaneous jokester which the judge hates", Ventriloquism, and for once a killer that they gave a genuinely good reason why he wouldn't crack under any amount of pressure; Acro never actually got shocked or anything, even when he's totally found out, like all the other killers, and the excuse of "its his job to do things that put him close to death, pressure is nothing!"  This case would have just sucked and been a repeat of 1-3, if it weren't for the cast of madmen...

2-4: I...pretty much agree with what Ciato said after I found out the truth of the case (which is right before the 2nd trial); 2-4 is the exact kind of trial the series needed.  Until then, you've ALWAYS been defending innocent people, it was getting a little unbelievable.  The fact that Phoenix has to defend someone Guilty, and they found a way around the Psyche-lock Lying *AND* gave a reason for why Phoenix wouldn't just throw the trial...yeah.  Its nice that they showed Phoenix wasn't ready to give into Blackmail,but at the same time, he didn't want Maya to die, so having to stall as much as possible on the chance that Maya is safe worked.  Then of course, the angle of Phoenix stalled to the point where now suddenly, if he gives up, he WILL win, which is exactly what he DOESN'T want...yeah.
But also, bringing back Edgeworth was awesome; nice way to follow the formula of the first game (different prosecutor in the final round), but they didn't resort to a lame "FRAN DID IT!" scenario, just found a way to keep her out.  I think a neat part of this case?  That Phoenix and Edgeworth despite facing each other, were really trying to work together best as they could to keep the Guilty verdict, but not get it too fast.  It also did a good job of establishing Edgeworth's new motives of "He's in it for the truth, not for the victory!"

I also love how the 2nd half of the last trial starts off, with both Phoenix and Edgeworth in their "oh fuck I'm screwed" stances; it REALLY summed up just the kind of headcase the trial was for both sides.

3-1:  Ok, with 1-1 being rookie case, 2-1 being Amnesia, I wondered how 3-1 was gonna do the TUTORIAL thing.  Amnesia again would have pissed me off!  So what do they do?
ACE ATTORNEY MIA FEY!  Being able to play as SOMEONE ELSE for once was fun, not just from the stylistic stand point, but cause the way the characters act, think to themselves, screw up with the judge, etc. are different from Phoenix, who by now, we've seen all his shenanigans.  Flashbacking to Mia's first case, bringing in Grossberg as her partner, going up against Payne in his ULTRA ARROGANT ATTITUDE, BUT NOW WITH HAIR...yeah, all nice touches for a first case.

3-2: Ok, first off, Adrian Andrews was annoying here; I like them bringing back old characters, but come on, she was just pointless this entire case, and had me stuck with a psyche-lock for a while that was partially my fault.  The worst part is? That Psyche Lock I KNEW what was up with it, but of course, I didn't have EVIDENCE, and I couldn't just say WHY I knew so, I HAD TO SHOW IT! Ugh!
That out of the way, the first half being about a Theft case for once, instead of a murder, was a fresh thing.  You don't ALWAYS have to defend murder cases, other crimes exist too, if smaller ones.  But it turned into a Murder Case eventually, which disappointed me.  To its credit, everything worked out well enough and I was a bit afraid they were going to say "Desiree did it! SHE NEVER LOVED RON!" but thankfully, the case kept making it increasingly clear they were NOT gonna take that angle...and they didn't!
The way everything was resolved was great.  The whole "Good job finding me guilty, Payne!" "Oh, I'm just that good!" *Phoenix rushes in* "HOLD IT!!!!!!!! DON'T DECLARE THE VERDICT! HE'S BEING CHARGED WITH MURDER IN THE ROOM NEXT DOOR!" "Oh, ok"

3-3: This case felt like total filler.  It wasn't too bad, but...I dunno, it really felt like "Case is here for sake of being another case!"  I don't really have much to say on it; its a pretty generic case through and through.   I guess the running gag with "Furio Tigre is really freaking scary" was funny, but...eh.  I guess to this case's credit, unlike other cases after the first game, it gets you RIGHT INTO THE CASE, rather than having preliminary bullshit.  Just "SO PHOENIX! WHAT'S UP WITH YOU DOING REALLY BAD IN COURT 1 MONTH AGO!?" "Wait what? I didn't have a case 1 month ago! IT WAS AN IMPOSTER!"  Just sped up the fluidity.  The early stuff in all cases feels like its totally there for humor, just often its Maya Fey humor, by 3-3, its REALLY gotten old.

3-4: MORE MIA FEY ATTORNEY STUFF!  A case that exists 100% so the next case would make sense, one thing this case has going for it is TOTAL LACK OF INVESTIGATIONS.  Just shoves you in the trial from the outset, and lets you go.  It was fun seeing both Mia *AND* Edgeworth in their first trial, so it was two rookies who would become exceptional at their job going at it, and ended in a way that didn't compromise either of their records (Mia was said to be the only Defense Attorney would could rival Edgeworth's dad in 1-2, IIRC, and Edgeworth is basically THE modern Ace Prosecutor)

3-5: Ok, the beginning of this case, as is the standard for cases since the 2nd game, is "Here's stuff for humor, have fun!"  except the stuff just isn't that funny, cause its always the same style of humor.  It looks like its going to be a generic but EPIC!!! case that's going to tie into the earlier ones, but...well ok, from here, I'll just do it this way:

The Bad: The case is long.  Too long really.  I can understand why, but I felt there were SOME testimonies they could have cut out, some of the dialog felt stretched (part of this is Godot doesn't know how to shut up though), and even when you finally win it, there's a whole big "I was wrong!!!" speech.

The Good: ...about everything else?  The case took so many curves, was screwed up in that good way, and did a decent enough job of tying just about EVERYTHING in the series together, barring self contained cases like 2-3.   It also had Larry AT HIS FINEST here.  But the best part was the investigations were actually simple, pretty quick, and for once did NOT feel like a chore.  Things were straight forward, you got your evidence promptly, characters had obvious triggers...yeah, its weird cause this is one of the most complicated trials (if not the single most complicated one) in the series, but for investigations, it was actually one of the easiest.

The Best: Wait, did I say the easy investigations were the best part? I take that back.  The first trial of this case is by far the best part of this case.  ESPECIALLY the 2nd half.  
Hell, it was probably my favorite part of the ENTIRE SERIES.  Playing as Edgeworth, bringing back Fran, Larry Butz amping up the failure....I told Ciato this, but that part could basically be summed up as "Elfboy vs. Ciato vs. Me" in trial.  I shouldn't have to explain why its awesome; it was just brilliant   The thing that really got me was when playing as Edgeworth in the investigation, my thought process was "Oh, is Fran gonna be the Prosecutor then?  Wait, no, Godot still exists, they'll just use him.  Well, ok, maybe it'll serve some purpose cause Edgeworth would be the exact kind of person to lay a verbal smack down on Godot, since he isn't as nice as Phoenix."
Then Gumshoe's "We can't contact Godot!" line kicks in followed by Edgeworth's "Oh, don't worry, I hand picked a prosecutor of my choosing for this trial."
...then I went to work shutting the game off on that line.  Naturally, that was a long shift; I JUST WANTED TO SEE WHO IT WAS (even if I had a good idea); I mean, I had a good idea who it was, but still, SUSPENSE!

But now, ONTO THE CAST!!!!!

I'm not gonna get everyone cause my memory sucks, and I can't remember all names!  Mostly covering recurring character.  But anyway...

Phoenix Wright: I had no clue what kind of character he'd be like other than "Straight man in a world of insanity" which for the most part I was right.  He's a bit dense, but otherwise, him always being on the receiving end of embarrassment is kind of a funny thing, since he rarely does ANYTHING that'd make him deserve it, he just happens to be aligned with the wrong crowd.  Likable enough protagonist.

Mia Fey: Has a lot of screen time for someone who dies in the 2nd case of the series!  Otherwise, I guess her role as "Voice of Wisdom Phoenix turns to when he's in a jam" worked.  I do like how in 3-5, he didn't really need her at all as an aid, outside of owning Dhalia, which was an abnormal circumstance, and from a literary standpoint, you needed Mia to show up there in SOME manner, for the vengeance thing to really work.  Playing as her added a nice little dimension to the 3rd game, since as I said, characters not Phoenix have different inner monologues and what not than him, so it helps avoid things being "more of the same."

Larry Butz: He's basically me, except 10x more pathetic.  Yeah, I just insulted myself, but what of it?  I said this to Elfboy once, but Larry is just really well done.  The reason?  He's a character archetype that's so easy to screw up; the "Pathetic at everything, he's got no redeeming qualities whatsoever" either gets played up not well enough to the point where its not funny or gets old *OR* it gets played up TOO much to the point where your response is "oh come on, now you're trying too hard."  Larry...like Homer Simpson, he takes it right up to that line, but never passes over it, finding that balance that makes him actually funny.  3-5's First Trial was cool enough as is, but Larry just made things EVEN BETTER, partially cause of how a character like him meshes with Edgeworth and Fran.

Winston Payne: There had to be at least one totally incompetent Prosecutor and its him!  That...I don't have much more to say other than they did a good job making him seem like a failure.

The Judge: Is Awesome.  I cannot explain why, he just is.  Lets leave it at that.

Maya Fey: In 1-3, it became obvious what kind of character Maya was, and I was worried that she'd be around the entire game...and she was.  A character like this is fine...IN SHORT BURSTS.  Having someone like that as a long term character?  It really just gets old.  Look, we get the point; she's energetic but immature, but that's really her entire character.  She's meant to add comic relief, and add that sense of "Oh no, not again" that Phoenix keeps getting into, but for a character who plays as prominent a role as her, you really need to do MORE with her.  See one thing that made Larry's idiocy work was that it was over the top (but not TOO much) and they covered so many angles of his incompetence; Maya, its mostly just the same old "She gets over excited!" combined with "she's a bit of an airhead".  Investigations probably would have been better if there was more to Maya's quirkiness than those Trope-tastic anime traits.

Gumshoe: Another idiot in the cast!  Only this time, he's more of your "lovable oaf."  Yeah, Gumshoe is obviously not very bright, but at the same time, you can't help but like the guy.  I guess its a woobie factor here; he's got all these problems, but instead of blaming him for all of them, you just kind of feel sorry for him, and he's often at the brunt of the Prosecutor.  I do like how they did NOT overuse the "Wait, Gumshoe was actually...useful?" thing, and when they did, Gumshoe being useful varied, like 1-3's "DRAMATIC BREAK IN SAVING PHOENIX FROM THE MOB!"

Edgeworth: First game, there wasn't much to him other than he was portrayed as Phoenix's Rival, yet you know there's obviously more to him than "Damn good prosecutor."  In the 2nd game, him returning mostly had the "Oh yay! Edgeworth's back!" reaction, and then using him as the Prosecutor in 2-4 was fun cause its nice to see him in action again, especially since they took a new angle with him, and the whole 2nd half being "Edgeworth and Phoenix need to work together for everything to end up properly."  Then in the 3rd game...yeah, he's just really fun there.  Favorite moment of his?

Larry: *first statement of the entire trial by him here*
HOLD IT!!!!!
Edgeworth: ...
Judge: ...Edgeworth, is something wrong?
Edgeworth: That single statement is filled with so many contradictions, I almost passed out.
Larry: Oh! Hey! Let me see if I can find them myself! *Larry proceeds to list everything wrong with his statement*

That line had me cracking up for a good 5 minutes, and I actually pressed it against just to see it.  The timing of it couldn't be better; it would have lost its impact if it was any later.  The fact that its just after Edgeworth saying "I need to find a contradiction in his statement" *AND* its Larry's VERY FIRST LINE IN THE TESTIMONY...well, you get the point.  Seeing Edgeworth's inner thoughts added that dimension to his character, and it was a great contrast to Phoenix.  They also did a good job of making Edgeworth seem like a friend of Phoenix's, but a rival at the same time.  Yeah, by the end of the 3rd game, I totally see why he's hyped, and why he got his own game!

Wendy Oldbag: Crazed old woman fangirl who goes on huge as hell rants, and is a security guard.  I...just where do they come up with these ideas?  Oh well, she was generally good for a cranky old woman-stereotype that added humor.

Will Powers: I...uhh...have no comment on him?  He's suppose to be that "Big Strong Scary Looking Guy With a Heart of Gold" but that's about it <_<

Lotta Heart: Another character who failed to leave much of an impression; odd cause she's in 3 different cases.  Yeah, she's basically a hick girl who keeps getting mixed up with Phoenix, but eh, kind of glad they didn't bring her back in the 3rd game, cause she just doesn't do a lot.

Manfred Von Karma: They wanted to make a prosecutor who was completely intimidating and seemed damned invincible...and Manfred certainly felt that way.  His design, his "40 years with no losses", the voice used for his OBJECTION!!! ...and to top it off, Phoenix only beat him thanks to DUMB LUCK.  I find it hilarious that Phoenix was only able to beat Manfred thanks to Larry being a moron, which I guess proves the old axiom of "It takes an idiot to defeat a genius"...what do you mean I made that up?  The one thing about him is that he was easily Phoenix's hardest opponent by far, and after someone like him, its kind of hard to get more intimidating.  Also, he seemed ACTUALLY EVIL.  The other prosecutors all seemed more like opponents, Manfred felt like an ACTUAL VILLAIN (and to some degree, he was.)

Maggey Byrde: Someone needed to Out Damsel in Distress Maya, so they made her.  That's...Maggey in a nutshell.  I'm not gonna get into details, cause really, that's all she is, IN BOTH TRIALS SHE'S IN.

Morgan Fey: Evil Aunt.  That's about it; I honestly just felt she was a walking trope, and part of what didn't appeal to me about 2-2.  She even has the whole "oh look, she seems like a nice, innocent woman, who evidently raised Maya and Mia when they were younger, BUT SHE'S REALLY A VENGEFUL BITCH!" thing.

Pearl Fey: She's like a more extreme version of Maya.  Difference? She's actually justified cause she's young and sheltered, and her funny quirks tended to work more.  Its easier to forgive these things when there's good excuses behind it like Pearl has, where as Maya its like "Oh come on! No one is THAT stupid! (...except Larry...)."  One thing that does bug me is that Mia possessing her is CREEPY AS HELL.  I shouldn't have to explain why.  I will admit that I first saw Pearl and went "oh boy, another little girl stereotype added to a series, SCRAPPY HERE WE COME!" but...Pearl never reached that level of annoyance, so props to her.

Franzsicka Von Karma: I'll be honest; she wasn't really anything special in the second game, though the usage of the whip was funny, ESPECIALLY when she'd whip the judge.  I will give her props for them finding an interesting angle to take for "new opponent" for Phoenix; as I said, its kind of hard to go up from Manfred, so they took an angle of "What if we tossed in personal motivation?"  Fran was the first person who had a PERSONAL reason to want to see Phoenix lose, so the drive wasn't entirely just perfection obsession, and made her seem more driven at times as a result.  Her dramatic rescue in 2-4 was a nice touch to end her on a positive note, and have a "HEY LOOK! SHE'S CAN BE A GOOD GUY TOO!"  But still, I wasn't a big fan of her...
...yet, I was excited to see her return for 3-5, and well, that trial alone raised my opinion of her.  She took the foolish lines up a notch, the whips were even funnier this time around, and dealing with Larry Butz just made her personality work really well.  And lets face it, she's the only partner in an investigation who doesn't have some sort of mental deficiency in terms of intellect (hers is just a social ineptitude).  I dunno what it is, but 3-5 made her work somewhat better.  ALso...

[20:30] <King_Meepdorah> "A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept foolishness of a fool's fool"
[20:30] <King_Meepdorah> I'm shocked that it makes sense
[20:31] <Elecman> .. as am I.

Speaks for itself, really.

The Cast Collective of 2-3: A bunch of crazed psychopaths who are all fucked up in the head...which is perfect cause they're all circus freaks!

Matt Engarde: HE'S SUCH A SUNNY, BRIGHT YOUTH AND...wait, he's got an EVIL SCAR AND WINE GLASS OUT OF NOWHERE!? HOLY SHIT! I love how the game makes him look like just an idiot actor at first, then shifts to showing that was him just pretending to be stupid to see if Phoenix was serious about defending him...to him actually being TRULY EVIL AND VILLAINOUS!  A guilty defendant for once, yay!

Adrian Andrews: She felt kind of pathetic in 2-4, which I'm aware was kind of the point, cause you're suppose to pity her.  But bringing her back as basically nothing more than a cameo in 3-2?  Well, ok, I acknowledge they showed she's now more confident and sure of herself, but they made her out to be a clumsy ditz which...yeah, I dunno, felt kind of meaningless.  Its like how they reused Lotta Heart in 2-4 (in 2-2, she was at least a witness.)  Not much else to say.

Shelly De Killer: A Professional Assassin who takes the term "Professional" to a whole new level.  Its funny how calm and collected he can be explaining his plan in details in the courtroom, and act like he's doing nothing wrong.  ANd of course, the fact that the Radio resembles him down the the monocle = epic win.

Dhalia Hawthorne: Oh look, she's so sweet, and innocent, and cute and...completely evil in every sense of the word.  Fun watching how near the end of 3-5, they're basically "You've failed at EVERYTHING!"

Luke Atmey: AWESOME ACE DETECTIVE WHOSE REALLY A THIEF BLACKMAILER!  Has a monocle, and one hell of a screwed up plan; get found guilty for one crime to prove he had an alibi for another.  It almost worked too!

Ron Delite: ...honestly, I'm not sure.  I mean, he's quirky, and all that but its almost like I can't quite say much about him.

Desiree Delite: Mostly just gonna point out that I like how they avoided pulling an "EVIL WIFE WHO WAS JUST USING HER HUSBAND" scenario here, cause I was afraid that was gonna be the case the instant they mentioned she "liked to live dangerously!"

Godot: Of the primary prosecutors (Payne doesn't count), Godot is the worst.  He didn't really feel good at his job, mostly just kept saying "PROVE IT!"  and then rambled about coffee.  Because he always had a coffee analogy that didn't make sense, his lines took about twice as long, and Phoenix having the "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" reaction...yeah.  Ok, the first "COFFEE PROJECTILE!" was a funny moment, but it got old.  The "Grudge against Phoenix to the point where its dangerous" just...didn't really work, and he ran too much off that "MYSTERY!" thing.  I'm aware they're trying to think of SOMETHING new for an opponent, but...they didn't do a good job with him.  He just didn't seem like a strong opponent.  Also, one thing he did that the other Prosecutors DIDN'T do?  He started going "JUST FESS UP AND SAY YOU DID IT!" rather explicitly; no one ever went that far.  Oh, they may have insinuated it, but they never went so far as to pressure the person to fess up.
I acknowledge they tried to add depth and character to Godot in the final stretches of the game, and to get you to pity him but...eh, I dunno, he just didn't work.  Especially since it had to compete with the first trial of that case, which was brilliant in every sense of the word.

...gonna skip 3-3 almost entirely and 3-4 doesn't really add anyone new, mostly cause this is getting too long.  Which leads to 3-5...also not really adding much more, for all that it makes many people MORE AWESOME.  So yeah, consider this the end!

So yeah, fun series for quirkiness and writing and just getting into PLOT or something, but gameplay is kind of dull.  Still, I finally played it.

I'll probably play 1-5 eventually...dunno if I'll deal with Apollo justice, and I get the feeling SOMEONE won't let me NOT play Edgeworth <_<

So in the end, all I can to the rest of the DL is...

TAKE THAT!!!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 03:58:40 AM by Meeplelard »
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Taishyr

« Reply #4114 on: November 01, 2010, 04:01:37 AM »
G3: Kornell 1.5 beaten.

"Hey, mister, it gets awfully cold at night, so... here you go!"

*Kornell 1x Pink Blanket get*

I take it the game doesn't manage to keep up this pace? A shame, that.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #4115 on: November 01, 2010, 07:10:35 AM »
Yeah no, G3 has a decent start. Feels fun and light-hearted like a Grandia game should. I enjoyed the beginning enough that even Alfina and Alonso didn't bother me.

Until later when some characters leave and everything just goes to shit and it just feels like they ran out of time to make the script not suck. Seriously, it's almost Eternal-Sonata-bad towards the end.

Gameplay's pretty good throughout though. I'm still hoping for a Grandia IV if that tells you anything.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: November 01, 2010, 07:18:15 AM »
Then Xorn shows up and makes everything better.

FE10 - Beat the first four GM chapters. 3-2 (wyverns + swamp) was certainly the scariest, I'm amazed I controlled the wyvern spawns in the south. Random PC notes so far:

Ike, Titania, Haar, Gatrie - Solid as always, even if one-rounding is a dream.
Soren - Got hella RNG blessed (capped speed after 6 levels which is absolutely nuts). This is incredibly welcome, since his Thunder hits so much harder than anyone's Bronze weapons. He actually one-rounds things on occasion! Durability is bad but could be worse.
Ilyana - Again, Sages benefit from this. She's way behind Soren in Magic and Speed (although doing well on Speed for her), but still stays on the team easily enough.
Rhys - Mist can't break defence ever, so I like Rhys' damage option over Mist's 1 move. I think.
Heather - Knifes things so she has some of the better offence, including the only 1-2 range besides the sages (and beats them in speed/durability/damaging enemy mages).
Shinon and Rolf - Shinon's 2/2 for Strength growth which is helping him stay on the team, as is the constant doubling and the durability I don't need to worry about. Rolf... well, the strength growth is paying off there, and he's also done well on speed.
Boyd - Holy shit I'm using Boyd. Anyway, breaks defence solidly enough which is more than many other units can say (Oscar, Nephenee, Mia, and Brom are all units I passed over because of this). Not too great otherwise but uh hey bond support with Rolf or something.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: November 01, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »
Cannibal only heals you, but from checking a wiki about it there was this.

In Fallout: New Vegas, there appears to be a second, unused Challenge Perk tied to Cannibalism, called "Meat of Champions". If it had been used, the player would have gained Mr. House's Luck, Caesar's Intelligence, The King's Charisma, and President Kimball's Strength whenever he or she committed an act of Cannibalism.

* The Challenge to earn this perk was never added; one could assume that the player had to kill and subsequently consume each of the above persons.

So hopefully we see a restoration mod of some kind.

It's going to be my first mod, actually. It should be pretty easy to make.

When you take cannibal as a perk, it starts a quest. Each part you finish gives a reward, ie eating all the NCR dudes gives you Strength of the Bear.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: November 01, 2010, 05:19:24 PM »

The rest of the game's plot is just stupid. If you don't take it seriously and take it in as shear trainwreckery like I did you should be fine.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: November 01, 2010, 09:31:18 PM »
Mass Effect:

On my second playthrough, this time as an asshole (although, apparently, I don't have the heart to be a total asshole), female adept. Just did the ice planet. HOLY HELL this game hates people who picked "Adept" for their class.
Will either start ME2 after this playthrough, or do a third run as a completely random character who answers all questions randomly and picks random squaddies.

The Sims 3:
I am EA's bitch, so I bought the new expansion. I kind of like it so far, but I haven't gotten into the meat of it at all---just the fun with dinking around an urban environment.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: November 01, 2010, 09:48:25 PM »

The rest of the game's plot is brilliant. If you take it seriously and analyze it on a critical level like I did you should be fine.
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: November 01, 2010, 11:10:37 PM »
Axel & Pixel -

Was alright. A bit short. Graphical style was nice at times. Too much use of what I am hesitant to call quicktime events considering the style of game - not like there's any punishment for failing them aside from having to start the action over, but as a mouse-driven game my cursor hand is not on the keyboard to react to them, and you're normally not given any warning that they're going to happen. Plus the directions you need to hit are arbitrary and unrelated to what is happening.

Got the whole painting. Missed three bones, which I suspect were all ones in the ballooning segment. Wasn't a big fan of that segment. Nor the boating segment, for all it did give me slight nostalgia for the Lemmings 2 Fan (not that I really have any reason to be nostalgic for Lemmings 2 considering I never did get any of the tribes to the centre, let alone all of them). Driving segment was pretty dandy however.

Persona 3 -

14th of June, just activated the floor 47 terminal. Game continues to be very entertaining.

Time-to-tiredness has indeed noticably extended already, which makes me somewhat apprehensive as to how many floors between terminals are going to be thrown at me in the future.

They have started removing the cards and putting them back in the order which they were removed during shuffling and it is annoying. I have fear that there are going to be further gimmicks added to shuffling as time goes on.

At one point Mitsuru said that Death had shown up on a floor, although I didn't see it personally. My copy not having come with a manual, is this something that I somehow managed to miss them explaining and should know about?

SD Gundam G Generation Cross Drive -

Up to session 21 on Fio route. Looks like the Zeta storyline is more-or-less over and we're heading into Double Zeta. Well, at least it isn't heading into G.

Has some mechanics which I find interesting, such as being able to evade long-range attacks by fleeing the cell at the cost of having your squad split up. The formation system is somewhat interesting but I normally end up just picking one of the default formations. ID Commands are a pretty cool take on Spirit Command-style commands which SRW should import.

Gundam X itself is the only unit from Gundam X to show up so far with Witz and Roybea showing up in Rick Diases of all things and the Freeden is just a UC Garuda called Freeden. What. Also haven't seen any Gundam Wing people despite having picked up a large amount of Wing units. Not that this is really a bad thing.

Taishyr

« Reply #4122 on: November 01, 2010, 11:16:39 PM »
Death showing up on a floor = unless you wanna do aftergame, you get to the next floor. FAST.

Death is effectively an uberboss that homes in on you if you stay on a floor too long, about endgame difficulty but can show up whenever if you take your time.

So yeah. It shows up a lot faster on gold monster floors IIRC, so.

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: November 01, 2010, 11:26:27 PM »
Pretty much done Ninja Gaiden Hard. Awakened Alma and Ghost Doku were bastards, especially Alma (gee, that sounds familiar), but the Core was a piece of cake and Satan was really really really easy. Like, in the running for easiest boss in the game. Jump, slash, dodge, kill cat demons with Izuna Drop, repeat. Just the Emperor and the final left!

Edit: Okay yeah that was even easier than I thought it would be. Emperor is a pansy (Although his beamspam in the first form is still stupid), final is easily overpowered with items and Art of the Inferno spam.

To play Very Hard, or not to play Very Hard....
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 12:16:43 AM by Shale »
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: November 01, 2010, 11:40:42 PM »
Death showing up on a floor = unless you wanna do aftergame, you get to the next floor. FAST.

Most of the time you can escape from it before it kills your party, so if it catches you it's not the end of the world.

Also?  Looks really cool.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!