imageRegister

Author Topic: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!  (Read 361949 times)

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
Re: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!
« Reply #1200 on: March 12, 2010, 03:36:54 AM »
FF13 - In chapter 10 messing around with the teams and considering all the choice I don't quite know who to take. Lightning, Sazh and Hope are who I'm running around with at moment but not sure all round.

Gonna need a Sentinel and a Saboteur in there, I think.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 12, 2010, 04:11:36 AM »
FF13 - In chapter 10 messing around with the teams and considering all the choice I don't quite know who to take. Lightning, Sazh and Hope are who I'm running around with at moment but not sure all round.

Is there much of a difference in the way characters play?
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 12, 2010, 05:23:25 AM »
Each character can fill three roles, until you hit Disc 3 and then all six open up for everyone. Though, the three new jobs that open up for each character are as expensive to start as your last tier of skills are in the jobs you already have, so that's basically an after-game thing, and the game's not really set up for it. It's kind of like FFX. Yes, until a point in the aftergame.

In other news: Yay, I'm finally done with the introductory sequence and can get taken off these rails. What do you mean the game's almost over?

Honestly, getting to Gran Pulse and running around should have happened like, five hours in. This is actually pretty fun, running around and exploring and seeing all the different types of monsters roaming the land (and sometimes, fighting each other, which is cool). And most importantly... OPEN SPACES.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 05:25:31 AM by Rob the Stampede »

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 12, 2010, 12:16:56 PM »

Gonna need a Sentinel and a Saboteur in there, I think.

You almost always need 2 Commandos, 2 Medics, and 2 Ravangers with a Sabeteur for dispel and Sentinel for tanking.  Defaults the best party to Fang/Lightning/Hope.  Sazh and Haste are bitchin but lack of medic means Lightning gets hit with anti-spell and you're fucked.

Anyways, I finished up the first 4 missions of Grand Pulse.  Wow, why did the game take so long to get here?  The first area I saw was freaking huge with a large variety of monsters including collosal dinosaur that competely rapes your ass.  Holding Up and X was tiring after the first 15 hours.

DomaDragoon

• Lazy
  • Denizen
  • Boink.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 12, 2010, 01:06:04 PM »
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - Up to the hardcore levelling spot (4-3).

Bioshock 2: Rank 38 multiplayer. Bought the multiplayer pack. Love the new burst fire Nail Gun.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 12, 2010, 03:39:53 PM »
I'll try what everyones saying for a bit. Current paras are agression, evened odds, soldanity, delta attack, protection and scouting party. Party leader is Hope because the AI loves to spam cure when I want a cura.
Should I make a balanced lightning for this set up though? She is currently a physical powerhouse with average magic.

FF13 - Just beat Mr Big arm. He may have half the hp the last guy did but damn is he harder.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:27:30 PM by Rozalia »

Just Another Day

• Just Another Dollar
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • (BL)
« Reply #1206 on: March 12, 2010, 08:56:09 PM »
You almost always need 2 Commandos, 2 Medics, and 2 Ravangers with a Sabeteur for dispel and Sentinel for tanking.  Defaults the best party to Fang/Lightning/Hope.  Sazh and Haste are bitchin but lack of medic means Lightning gets hit with anti-spell and you're fucked.

I like seeing this; it indicates to me that, as I'd kinda suspected that there were a variety of ways to play this game tactically. My workhorse party for the second half of the game was the pure offense of Lightning/Hope/Vanilla (or Lightning/Hope/Fang later on as I realized how much better a Saboteur Fang was); didn't have much use for Sentinels except in the face of the occasional ridiculous offense enemy, never really bothered with a second medic until the aftergame, which is also when I started to learn pure simple the joy of multiple commandos. Always relied on items for status healing.

Anyways, point is, I like that the game seems to have some flexibility in how to play it.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: March 12, 2010, 09:15:11 PM »
FFXIII strategy talk!  I've done like 9 missions in Pulse and gotten lost about 7 times.  Here goes!  (Disclaimer, Snow/Hope annoy me, thus non if at all possible)

Was using Lightning/Fang/Vanille.  A lot of AOE trash mobs and Com/Com/Rav was really nice for the dual AOE + Magic to up the combo.  For bosses I'd switch to Medic/Sab/Sab to start.  Fang/Vanille each have different spells there currently so it worked.  Good slow/debuffing and I stayed at full life to start fights.  Against beefy mobs I'd go Rav/Com/Rav to get them staggered or Rav/Com/Med when needed. 

However... Sentinel sucks.  I've found maybe 3 fights all game where it had an actual use.  (OMG ENEMY CHARGING GATLING GUN!)  Every other time it just causes you to lose score.  Sooo, ditching Fang for Sazh currently.

Still going Com/Com/Rav to start.  Still have Com/Rav/Medic.  My boss start is now Medic/Buffer(damned if I remember name)/Sab.  Still get Com/Rav/Rav if I want too.  On rare occasions once I've hit the enemy with Commander I'll switch to triple Rav to get them staggered super fast... but Com/Rav/Rav usually works fine. 

Here is my 1 problem.  Sazh's buffing is pretty awesome, but only Fang has slow... which is broken against some bosses.  I could swap out Fang for Vanille, but then my only healer is Lightning and she doesn't have Cura.  So for now... I guess no slow.  Not sure what Hope has, but yeah... screw Hope, he's too whiny. 

Soo... Com/Com/Rav/Rav/Rav/Med/Med/Sab/Buffs are my 9 options.   Com/Com/Rav, Com/Rav/Med are clear MVPs for trash mobs with Med/Sab/Buff and Com/Rav/Med being boss MVPs.

DONE!  Now plot.
I didn't mind the linear 15 hours or whatever it was.  I just wish they'd a found a way to let you play 3 people way more.  2 person fights were boring as hell.  Com/Rav, switch to Com-Rav/Med.  Over and over.  Original!  (With some debuffing for bosses naturally.)

Just Another Day

• Just Another Dollar
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • (BL)
« Reply #1208 on: March 12, 2010, 09:27:59 PM »
I think I mentioned in some other thread that my feeling is that the first 8 or 9 chapters or whatever it is is an extended tutorial, forcing you to use various job combinations and characters, before turning you loose on the real game. I think it goes on too long, but it is worth noting that the game doesn't punish you at all later on for not using characters (me, I never used Sazh; I like being able to do damage), so there's some balance there.

For bosses, saboteurs and synergists rock out like nothing else, but I often found they slowed me up too much in randoms... Then again, I often had trouble with "big" enemies (see: *%&# King Behemoths), and I suspect more skillful use of status (& Sentinels) might have helped there.

Sentinels make up for their early game mediocrity later on. Aftergame bosses reward skillful use of defense, yes they do. I know for the final mission, I ended up doing something like JJD/DDD/EEE/ABH/HHH/EHH (Jammer, Defender, Enhancer, Attacker, Blaster, Healer being the japanese job names), which amazes me given how offense-oriented I was for most of the game.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: March 12, 2010, 10:20:35 PM »
Sentinels are nice as they can be used as an e-brake. You don't regularly use it but it's important that it is there. Plus, there's some 6+ mob fights that are unwinnable without them.

The thing that frustrates me, though, is my inability to make my characters move. If I'm having my sentinel tank a boss that does sweeping attacks, he'll park himself right next to my other group members, or even worse, they'll move to stand right fucking next to him.

Just Another Day

• Just Another Dollar
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • (BL)
« Reply #1210 on: March 12, 2010, 10:26:15 PM »
Definitely. I find that really annoying too; one of the strange oversights of the system, since position really does matter quite a bit.

Crystalgate

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: March 12, 2010, 10:33:51 PM »
Eien no Filena: Started it and played a bit.

This game has you at near start play with a party consisting of on female gladiator pretending to be a man (why is she wearing a miniskirt?), two prostitutes and a writer. Unfortunately, the game decided to be realistic about prostitutes and writers usually not being great warrior and as a result, only one character had good stats.

The game takes some inspiration from Sa-Ga games in that each weapon type has it's own set of skills. There's less weapon types though and you learn skills by leveling up. The game also uses a ATB like system where skills has a charge up time as well.

Random encounters are a bit to frequent and they are rather durable. I'm however getting closer and closer to the point where TP replenishers becomes so cheap I can use the stronger skills with impunity. I'll see if combat gets any better then.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: March 12, 2010, 10:36:17 PM »
Gladiators wore skirt things sometimes. It could work.

Crystalgate

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: March 12, 2010, 11:04:37 PM »
Well, maybe. If she otherwise does a good job of covering up.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: March 13, 2010, 02:36:13 AM »
Sentinels are nice as they can be used as an e-brake. You don't regularly use it but it's important that it is there. Plus, there's some 6+ mob fights that are unwinnable without them.

The thing that frustrates me, though, is my inability to make my characters move. If I'm having my sentinel tank a boss that does sweeping attacks, he'll park himself right next to my other group members, or even worse, they'll move to stand right fucking next to him.

Agreeing with the annoying sweep attack positions 100%.

So far... every giant mob I've run into dies to CCR before they can kill my people off.  There have been a couple units as of late that sentinel might have been nice for if not for the sweep issue.  (Juggernaut being one.)

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: March 13, 2010, 03:52:13 AM »
Sentinels aren't half bad to me as they allow you to beat several of the Gran Pulse bosses quite easily and early on (Killed 14 thus far). Also is Com/Com/Rav really that good? I've been prancing around with Rav/Rav/Com so it'd be nice to know if there was a better alternative.

Just Another Day

• Just Another Dollar
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • (BL)
« Reply #1216 on: March 13, 2010, 04:50:22 AM »
Well, the two commandos will attack different targets, which is sometimes nice and sometimes not. Against single enemies, the tradeoff is more ravagers break the enemy faster, but more commandos will kill faster afterwards, so Rav/Rav/Com will be a bit more defensive (get the enemy broken and up in the air faster), but Rav/Com/Com might mean you only need to break a high-HP enemy once. The difference gets exaggerated at higher job levels, too. Ultimately, of course, the way to go is Rav/Rav/Rav until the enemy's broken & at 800-900% and then Com/Com/Com for the kill, but if you need elaborate defensive formations as well you might not be able to spare the slots for both.

I experimented a while with having a saboteur in my default offensive set, and it actually works pretty well, since you still have 3 characters racking up the combos, and the negative status can actually result in more damage too, plus possibly nerfing enemy offense too.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 13, 2010, 05:41:27 AM »
I experimented a while with having a saboteur in my default offensive set, and it actually works pretty well, since you still have 3 characters racking up the combos, and the negative status can actually result in more damage too, plus possibly nerfing enemy offense too.

I started doing this once I got Endanger-ga or whatever it's conjugated as. Vanille pops it first thing and it makes it so much easier to stagger enemies.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 13, 2010, 07:39:02 AM »
Sentinels aren't half bad to me as they allow you to beat several of the Gran Pulse bosses quite easily and early on (Killed 14 thus far). Also is Com/Com/Rav really that good? I've been prancing around with Rav/Rav/Com so it'd be nice to know if there was a better alternative.

I switched to Com/Rav/Rav for my default.  Com/Com/Rav is best suited when their are large groups.  The two Coms won't focus the same baddie, but if they're both AOEing it doesn't matter.  But... since I'm using Sazh now instead of Fang Com/Rav/Rav makes a lot more sense since he will just AOE Rav the same groups.

And yeah, going C/R/R to put enemy into Stagger and then switching to C/C/R adds a bit more damage... but I haven't noticed a great need for it outside of a few fights where that little extra damage matters.  (Laziness trumps winning 3-5 seconds quicker.)  I wills say... Haste is completely broken as of now.  Medic/Syn/Sab to start boss fights is great.  Used it on pretty much every boss in the broken down tower except for the groups with minions. (CCRed those to avoid being overrun and then MSSed it)

But... I'm also wondering if Sent woulda let me beat the Juggernaut guarding that chest.  If so, I missed out on a treasure!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 07:40:37 AM by Zaigataka »

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 13, 2010, 07:46:45 AM »
I use Sent/Syn/Sab on most fights, personally. Don't usually need the medic early on.

Also, I've finally figured out something I like about Snow. Usually unarmed combatants are like, monks or karate masters or wrestlers or boxers or whatever and fight with some kind of discipline or fighting style. Not Snow. He just runs at someone and starts throwing crosses and elbows. He needs to open with a front kick to the sack to keep it truly accurate, though.

Also he was in this.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 07:48:27 AM by Rob the Stampede »

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 13, 2010, 03:11:07 PM »
Well to throw a curve ball, here something not FF13 related!

~

Mega Man 10

This game....is...fun....

I've tackled (and by I've I mean me and my friend) three of the robot masters so far. Two with just the Mega Buster, and one with a weapon weakness! The stages and background are awesome and Solar Man some pretty sweet music too.

I think the game is a tad easier then MM9, but that's ok!
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 13, 2010, 03:23:55 PM »
So a week off and I am going to be playing FF13 all week was the plan.  Up to the start of Chapter 4 and I am not sure I can see that happening.  So far for 2 chapters I have mashed X a lot.  Now Chapter 3 gave me access to jobs and stuff.  So I mash X and then hit L1 down mash X L1 Up Mash X repeat until everything is dead.  Hooray interactive combat system.  For something that was hyped up as fluid and fascinating this shit is plain fucking boring.

The game opens up with the main character doing backflips and shit, stealing an SMG and blasting a bunch of guys with it and a pistol.  AWESOME!  Alright, now it is my turn for combat.  Good thing she dropped the guns and has a sword, that would almost be fucking interesting.  Then you go through a sequence with Snow who proceeds to give away LIKE A MILLION FUCKING GUNS and then proceeds to punch things when I get to fight with him.  So you see Vanille get given a gun, which she promptly drops  3 scenes later.  Hope gets a gun which he promptly drops 5 fucking senconds later.  Seriously, fuck you guys.

Except for Sazh, he may not get an SMG, but fuck at least the guy is trying and didn't just you know throw his guns away.  I am going to make this short and say, Sazh is the only thing redeeming this game right now.  The Chocobo is annoying gimmick and the black dude stereo types bite, but underneath that all?  We have the only relatable character in the cast.  Lightning has no fucking character other than broody stick up her arse, Snow is just stupid (Second most likable in the cast and insantly hatable because he THROWS AWAY A MILLION GUNS), Hope's emo is understandable other than that weird side plot about where he is a performance artist trying to mimic the biggest vagina in all of history, Vanille just creeps me the fuck out (why is she the narrator?) but that is mostly the strange way her accent drifts around, is it some kind of mix of Brittish and Australian?  I dunno random words here and there just sound out of place and what does sound Australian is far to broad.  FANG of course I haven't seen any real character work for yet, but her accent doesn't drift, but I can't place it either, it sounds like the bastard child of New Zealand, Australian and South Africa that has been living in the UK for way to long after geting famous in Neighbours and getting a record deal over there.

Oh and so Snow passes out and gets into some weird freaky supernatural bondage with two ice chicks in front of his frozen girlfriend.  One beats him up and the other one proceeds to heal him.  This impresses the pair so much that they decide to turn into a motorcycle and then Snow passes out and gets taken on board a ship.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS GAME.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 13, 2010, 03:41:48 PM »
Rondo Of Swords-

Just finished the Elmer level.

This game. This. Game. Is trying for the crown of player-unfriendliness. I don't think it gets it, but this should in no way invalidate its attempt!

So I'm walking people through slow terrain with no enemies around and the initial movement grid says that they can move to yea square. I cannot click on this square or just move the cursor over there. I have to map out the exact route they're going to take even though 90% of the time I don't care and 25% of the time the 'correct' route is not the most direct one as that goes over harsher terrain than an indirect one which I then need to waste time determining.

So the ZOC skill, which terminates movement of an opposing unit through the skillholder's square, is pretty dandy and knowing whether an enemy has it or not is a complete necessity. Do they provide some sort of way of telling instantaneously whether an enemy has ZOC? No, you need to double-A them to bring up the menu, hit down to select the Info option because the menu has no default selection despite Info being the only option on there, A into the info section, and then R into the Skills section. Then triple-B to get out. For. Every. Enemy. Using the stylus is arguably worse because you still need to double-tap to get to the menu but the first tap centres the damned screen on the enemy completely throwing you out of alignment for the second.

I was attacking an enemy that I didn't realise had ZOC earlier and was in a state of annoyance that my guys had both bounced off it which I initially put down to being countered. After that happened again I looked into it and found it was ZOC at fault. This would have been avoided (aside from if ZOC was map-visible in the first place) if they actually made a different animation for ZOC-bouncing than counter-bouncing on the map. To be fair there _is_ a different animation if you watch the animated attack sequence, but those got old spectacularly fast.

Also with regards to ZOC... I'm not strictly sure if it functions as extra defence against regular attacks or not, because I've only seen it on people that are already pretty defensive so far, but it certainly gives off that impression. To get around ZOC you need to use indirect attacks or people that hold the Null ZOC skill. But you can't look over the map before you enter battle, so you can't tell whether you're going to need to have people with these abilities or not. And you send the rest of your team off on errands which you can't cancel once set. So either you save after setting errands and find that you've sent people you were going to have wanted away with no way of getting around this, or you set errands back up every. single. time. you. restart. Currently I have taken to saving errandless in the first slot and erranded in the second slot. Too bad if I wanted to use that other slot for a more worthwhile reason. And if the game keeps clear saves, it goes right out the window for subsequent plays.

So some units have bows that they can attack at range with. Does it tell you how much range they can attack with? Of course not that would be silly. So after determining that some enemy archers had a range of 6 squares I was completely blown away to find that my own archer has a range of 5 when I tried to make him attack something from 6 squares off. Truly, I am just not mastertactician enough to have foreseen this.

So I wanted to run an enemy mage out of MP. Along with the game not allowing me to see what sort of range (and area of effect) his magics have, I find that they also don't show me the enemy MP costs. Kind of an overly optimistic thing to expect at this point really.

So I sent Sasha off to sell some gold bullion while I was in a level. Her aptitude at shopping-class errands is 'happy-face' so this should end well, right? I finish the level and find that she managed to sell them for the grand total of nothing. I suspect that the game played out a grand sitcom-esque tale behind the scenes where she was tricked into spending the money on some triviality she wanted only to end up losing it in a tremendously fitting chain of events that learned her a life lesson for the ages that we will never get to see.

So in the first villager escape map I have found out through my previous attempts that once all the villagers leave your goal will change to leaving yourself. So this time I get ready for just that occasion and keep my people close to the exit as much as possible. And it's come down to two villagers left. One of the villagers can reach the exit if he moves his maximum range and the other is one square closer than him. All good, right?
Into the villagers' turn... the close villager moves to the exit and leaves, as expected. The far villager moves towards the exit but at the last square instead of going on to the exit section it turns off and stands in front of one of my characters that I have waiting amid the exit section. This on its own was headdeskworthy. But okay. There's nothing my team can really do here because we can't leave until all the villagers have left and the goal changes. I have everyone else that wasn't already close at hand run back and end turn. THE VILLAGER SPENDS ITS TURN JUST STANDING THERE. DESPITE A ROW OF 10-ODD SQUARES AVAILABLE TO EXIT THROUGH, IT WANTED TO GO THROUGH THE ONE THAT MY CHARACTER WAS STANDING ON AND WAS NOT GOING TO DEIGN TO USE ANY OF THE OTHERS. Then I get slaughtered, restart, and next time ensure that I have no-one standing at any point along the designated exit zone so as to not hurt the poor villagers feelings.

This is not to talk about how stupid they are in general. They have no team coordination whatsoever, and a number of times moved into squares that prevented other villagers from moving their full distance. In some respects the game is a masterwork for accurately portraying reality! Also, you're supposed to be saving them at this point but the game doesn't seem to care if you let any of them die, which is good because I really have no idea how you're supposed to save all of them. And I was using a full team! I'm looking over an FAQ and see that they recommend using only half your team at this point so that you can send the other half on errands!

The modus operandi of any NPC unit that you have turned friendly is to run off and get themself killed within the next two turns. Fortunately they doesn't seem to stop them from joining your team afterwards. Without even being thrown into the negative status that your units are supposed to get if they get killed.

So I need to recruit this guy Owl so that he will turn all his men to friendly otherwise I'll have to fight through them in addition to the main enemies of the map, which is really not something I would enjoy trying. To recruit Owl you need to use your most fragile character. In a game where the name of the game is not being able to protect people by surrounding them with other units as the enemy just runs through the whole lot. Plus said character starts off with an annoyingly high MC, which is reasonable when looked at from the whole kill-the-medics-first mentality but does NOT WORK WELL IN THIS STYLE. Fortunately, my Margus has ZOC, and I am generally able to punk the enemies out into attacking him first and getting blocked before they get a chance to hit her. Unfortunately Owl picks up Klein syndrome and spends the majority of my tries running away. At this point it seems fair to mention that unlike Klein, where your healer has as much move as him if my memory is right, Owl here has twice the move of our healer.
And when I say 'the majority of my tries', I mean 'the majority of my tries where I didn't move Marie around the corner which results in the main enemies showing up giving me no chance at all of reaching him at a worthwhile time'. The first few times that happened I assumed that I was just misremembering what turn they showed up on. I was not.

So I recruit Owl in a sense (he becomes a friendly NPC at this point, not a fullfledged team member) and he and his team subsequently all die within the next two turns to the main enemies. Because that is how friendly NPCs in RoS roll. Meanwhile my entire team is hiding behind Margus and barely manage to escape and HOW IN THE HECK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO THIS LEVEL IF YOUR MARGUS DOES NOT HAVE ZOC YET

So I suspect that I can get Selmer to recruit Elmer. So I also suspect that Elmer can one-hit Selmer because really there isn't anything that can't one-hit Selmer. So I pump up Serdic's MC and send the two of them over towards Elmer. Who goes ahead and one-hits Selmer. Restart.
So I have MC-pumped Serdic in range of Elmer and Selmer very much not in range of Elmer, intending to run Elmer out of MP. He goes ahead and attacks Ansom, at least not one-hitting him. At this point I am thinking that he is set up to not attack Serdic for some reason. But no! On the next turn he attacks Serdic when I was least expecting it. He was just being a prat the whole time and not following the MC rules. Oh that wacky Elmer.

I have since found out that the game appears to have an egress-alike mechanic. If so I may start abusing this.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 13, 2010, 05:34:45 PM »
Fang's VA is apparently the American child of two Australian parents, or something. Vanille's VA is apparently someone who has taken blunt force trauma to the head.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 13, 2010, 06:57:45 PM »
FF13 - Up to 17 side missions done. Number 16 made the rest look like jokes though due to the sheer numbers that they pull out on youso yeah, not fun. After being smacked down like five times I came up with this.

1- Enter battle with 5 tp.
2- Use a shroad to ambush them.
3- Use Quake twice.
4- Summon Alexander.
5- Enter Gelsalt mode stright away.
6- Soften them up with a few moves.
7- Use Divine Judgement.

OHKO to all of them ;D. Don't know why a lot of people say summons are useless, they rock pretty hard.