Author Topic: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!  (Read 362920 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!
« Reply #1425 on: March 27, 2010, 03:55:15 AM »
Pokemon Soul Silver: Just got to Golden Rod.

Curren team:

Quilava: Starter! played Gen 2 twice, once with Cynda, the other with Chikorita.  So I decided to go with the Fire starter cause I like Fire types and finding them is harder than Grass types generally.  Yes, there are only two starters in Gen 2.

Onix: Decided to use one for once since you can get him early and he's a nice Jeigan; plan on getting him to Steelix so he's competent the entire way through (will just trade with little sister once I get Metal Coat.)  Giving him Rock Smash helps him deal with Rock types and beat up other Normal types faster than before, and Rock THrow = yay Zubat Counter!

Gastly: Got him early as well, but he really sucks early game;  Lick is bad damage and misses half the early game Pokemon since they're all damned Normal types.  Hypnosis is cool, and he just got Curse, so he can kill things a little faster now providing he's not nearly dead.  Should get better later when he gets ACTUAL MOVES, evolves into Haunter, etc.

Bellsprout: Early game Grass type, can use Flash and Cut, which helps out a decent amount.  He also butchers Rock types.

Magikarp: HE JUST LEARNED TACKLE!  Ok, more seriously, yeah, finally gonna use a Gyarados since Gen 4 Gyara is pretty cool, and if I replay Diamond, I'm gonna use Piplup as my starter, which means "no" to using Gyara there (don't like using more than one of the same type unless its something like Flying that's ludicrously common to find dual typed.)  AMUSINGLY, he managed to "kill" a Gym Leader's Pokemon and get full EXP!  Specifically, Bugsy's Kakuna.  How?  Gastly used Curse on a turn when Scyther U-turned it, he BARELY survived (he got Critted), used Curse, the Kakuna got the "Status" and Gastly fainted in the process.  Magikarp just tanked it from there.

Hoothoot: I've used Pidgey and Spearow plenty, figured I'd actually use him for once.  He has Hypnosis which is cool...except that Bellsprout has Sleep Powder and Gastly ALSO has Hypnosis, so I'm not sure how useful that's going to be!  Though, Noctowl fails less in Gen 4 from what I remember, so figured I'd give him a go now, since if not now, then its never really seeing use!
...I might just ditch it entirely once I get a slightly more competent flying type that's interesting.  Like I hear this thing called "Lugia" is pretty good, maybe he's better than Noctowl.

So far, the game is nicely polished and what not, a respectable remake to Gen 2.  Lacks Gen 4's issues too, at least relative to DP (heard Platinum fixes a lot of DP's issues); battles don't take forever, for example, as animations were changed, pretty much all of them simplified to go faster, though still pretty enough to not look like they're just being half assed.

ALSO...

God of War 2: Finally started this.  So far it...feels pretty much exactly like the first game.  Same general combat system, Quick Time events galore, same gimmick climbing nonsense, etc.  Meh, a lot of the stuff that I didn't like; I hear this game does a few things the first one didn't like "hey look, more weapons!" which could help...and the addition of Kratos getting a Bow for some ranged combat was certainly nice (even if it uses Magic), since hey, why not do something that isn't just melee or big AoE Magical nukings for once?
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: March 27, 2010, 03:57:20 AM »
Pokemon Sapphire: All the pokemon talk finally made me break down and start Sapphire. In honor of Meme Mafia, I chose Mudkip. Hovering around the first Pokemon Center building up my stable. Got level 5-6 Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Wurmple and Lotad along with Muddymudkipper. Anything else I need to grab before I actually proceed?

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: March 27, 2010, 04:18:05 AM »
Pokemon Sapphire: All the pokemon talk finally made me break down and start Sapphire. In honor of Meme Mafia, I chose Mudkip. Hovering around the first Pokemon Center building up my stable. Got level 5-6 Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Wurmple and Lotad along with Muddymudkipper. Anything else I need to grab before I actually proceed?
Raltss can be a bit difficult to find and struggle until they evolve, but they get psychic relatively early and their final evolution can destroy most of the gyms with calm mind stacking.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: March 27, 2010, 04:38:54 AM »
That's not what I mean by literally.....
What happened is actually far worse.
The ending happened that way because a god, who has absolutely no screen time, happens to divinely interfere for no particular reason.

Functionally it is absolutely the same thing. The hidden power that wasn't there thirty minutes ago and was never mentioned before this is just a diety instead of a new level of Super Saiyan.

Ragnarok was mentioned the entire game.  Fang was purposely suppressing it.  Now her going emo at the end and deciding "fuck it I will be Ragnarok" was kinda random, but her power didn't come from no where.  The game specifically mentions that last time she destroyed a massive section of pulse.

Now maybe them turning into the giant crystal savior of saviorness was a bit random, but shit we never saw the Ragnarok from centuries ago so whose to say that isn't how they destroyed a large chunk of Cocoon.

Not defending the ending by any means, it was fairly stupid, but saying that Orphan or Ragnarok came outta nowhere is... meh.

(Now the entire team pulling a 180, Fang just giving up, and all that good stuff is borderline as hell.)

That still didn't excuse Etro though, who pops out of nowhere and still not being there.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: March 27, 2010, 05:06:05 AM »
Quick question to the people playing the new pokemon games. Do they feature Sandslash? The last pokemon game I played didn't have him and with him being my favorite pokemon I was disappointed. I hope its early game too because then I can put it as my main pokemon stright away ;D

Persona 1 psp - The game is very much like SMT2 but well its flaws are far more clear to see. I played SMT2 with a fast forward at the ready so the game went nice and smooth. Encounters every five steps didn't matter at all so I believe I rate SMT2 a bit too highly. Anyway persona 1 doesn't have a fast foward option so everything takes forever (Skip animation helps but not enough).

Thus far partywise its been rocky with the main character being 3 levels behind Maki and 5! behind everyone else. Currently grinding to buy everything in the black market because enemies are starting to get nasty.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: March 27, 2010, 05:25:49 AM »
Rozalia: Sandshrew info from recent games. Looks like he's aftergame in HG/SS, and both aftergame and requires a LG cart in DPPt. Kinda uncool, though you could always find someone who would trade you a low-level one early on.

He's available in all Gen3 games except for Fire Red, around the same time as he was available in RBY, so early midgame.

*high fives for having Sandslash as a main in one's first ever run of the game!*

AAI: Onto 5-3. This case is a bit of a slow starter so far, but I really dug the first two. Definitely prefer this game to Apollo Justice, PW writing is back and glorious.

MM10: Got up to the final level. Scattered thoughts:

-I can beat all the robot masters except Chill Man and Solar Man (oh god Solar Man :( ) with the buster, now.
-Oh, and the archive boss fights were fucking badass.
-The GROUNDCRAWLER is one of the best weapons in this game? what

XS2 - Margulis was a wuss. All maingame GS campaigns done. Time to kick down the final dungeon.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: March 27, 2010, 05:40:10 AM »
Aftergame? Um, nope. I got a Sandshrew on my team early in HG. You can catch them in that tunnel before Azalea town(Union Cave, iirc), though they don't pop up often.

Awesome to see more Sandslash hype though! It's been my favorite pokemon since Gen 1 as well~
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: March 27, 2010, 05:42:59 AM »
Oh, how'd I miss Union Cave there. Yeah. Needs to be HG.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Bobbin Cranbud

• Denizen
    • View Profile
    • The Writing of Joshua Cole
« Reply #1433 on: March 27, 2010, 06:20:14 AM »
Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgement: Three battles to go, I think?  This could have been quite a good game if it had been paced like a normal Tactics/RPG.  There wasn't enough time to develop either the gameplay concepts or the characters, which is a shame because both seemed like they should have been interesting.  5/10 if the final battles are cool, as low as a 4/10 if they aren't.

NBA2k10 (PS3): Lost something like 40 hours worth of Rookie of the Year, Sixth Man of the Year, one man away from being NBA Finals MVP, "My Player" data because another player in the house screwed up and manually saved over it.  In a game that autosaves and I repeatedly mentioned how there's no reason, ever, to manually save, under any circumstances.

So yeah.
Read my webnovel, Eye Opener, now available on RoyalRoad.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 27, 2010, 06:31:33 AM »
Also, is this where I taunt both the Elf and Rozalia with my shiny Sandslash I got in Ruby(and have since moved to Diamond)?

* Gatewalker taunts, flees~
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: March 27, 2010, 08:50:16 AM »
Pokemon Emerald - Beat!

My final party cheesed its way past the E4 with Revives and Full Restores. The last fight was one of the easier I think my team had the most trouble with the ice bitch.

My team was Ninjask 44, Swampert 61, Breloom 42, Magneton 47, Tailow 45, and Heracross 45

As you can see half of my gawd damn team was weak to ice moves!

But, I was only playing this game for the legendaries....and they are all caught except for Rayquaza which I already have...but I want him again to see if I can get a better Nature....

~

Now, after I do all that I'ma go find a second DS and start transferring all of my Pokemon from Diamond over to SS. The I can start a Pokemon game with all the babies and make my starting party that way for a change!
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: March 27, 2010, 12:46:55 PM »
FFXIII- Boss battles in Chapter Ten were intense. Both Fang's Eidolon and you know who kept me on my toes. In Fang's case it was more that I hadn't been using or mantaining her so it was a case of WTF!? as her Eidolon totally reamed my party >.> Then I had to figure out how to fill the Gestalt bar while keeping my party alive - even after building Fang up this was still close. However it was nothing compared to you know who. I'm still not quite sure what happened there but I managed to win in the end <.<

Also I hope the enemies in this new chapter give tons of CP because I noticed new stuff for characters was starting to become expensive at the end of Chapter Ten.

Thanks for the advice Pyro =-) I think I'll go SYN for Vanille's fourth role. Any suggestions for Sazh/Snow?~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: March 27, 2010, 12:53:01 PM »
Sandshrew can be found in SS in Celadon Game Corner and the Johto Safari Zone. It's later and less convenient there, but still not aftergame.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: March 27, 2010, 01:58:16 PM »
Heart of Iron 2- Netplaying this with Hal. I'm Scandanavia, he is Germany. We're in late July of '39, about ready to start the war. I'm handling the naval aspect and some of the air, he is doing most of the ground fighting.  The scandnavians have some pretty terrible default ministers. If I can swing over to Paternal Autocrat it'll get much better, but that'll take several years of slider moves. Oh well.

It's pretty fun. It lends itself well to netplaying, since you can focus on different branches of the research tree, and having an ally worth a damn is fun.  The plan is to smash Poland, then hit the low countries/France, then knock out the UK home islands by early 41. Pretty standard Axis tactics.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 02:23:07 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 27, 2010, 02:22:07 PM »
Breaking out of ordinary roles doesn't mean much in the end. It might be a good idea to grab Sentinel class for "CRAP BIG MT MOVE SWAP TO 3 SENTINELS" situations and you would probably want Commando+Ruin on Vanille/Hope for when you have boosted something's chain gauge high enough and just want it dead, now. You would only do this after maxing out the 3 main roles though, or on the 9th tier. The trade you make in stats to get those abilities otherwise is painful.

At the verrrryyyy endgame Fang makes a good Synergist on account of getting the 4 superior buffs (Faith/Brave are *1.4 damage, Faithda/Braveda are *1.8, Protect/Shell are *2/3rds damage taken, Protectra/Shellra are *1/2). This is horribly expensive outside of endgame however.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: March 27, 2010, 02:52:37 PM »
Also, is this where I taunt both the Elf and Rozalia with my shiny Sandslash I got in Ruby(and have since moved to Diamond)?

You know I don't believe I've ever had a shiny pokemon :(. *Crosses fingers and hopes luck changes in this game*

Anyhow I have now brought myself a Heartgold copy of pokemon. There were like 20-30 copies of it left and no soulsilvers at all. When I asked about it they told me while soulsilver sold out only two people (with myself three) purchased heartgold.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 27, 2010, 03:39:39 PM »
Shit, seriously? I know most people I know have SS, but I figured there wasn't that much of a split. (Possibly because I'm a Phoenix, and by extension Ho-oh, fanboy, though.)

Oh, on the shiny thing? I've only had one before, and that was a Geodude. Golden Geodude is awesome, I think, but Golem would be better! So I evolve it. Except shiny Golem isn't golden, it's some kind of lighter brown. fail.

Heart Gold Hatbot Style:
Went through the well, leaving after near enough every fight to heal OnixTide. Aiel J becomes my highest levelled Pokemon for quie a while, until OnixTide overtakes with ease against randoms around Bugsy's Gym. Bugsy himself takes a while because of U-Turn, but I finally get a Rock Throw in where he used LEER instead. With Scyther down, I switch around for Exp against the Kakuna before claiming a Rock Throw victoly.
On the way to Goldenrod, I catch some more Pokemon, but nothing that's relevant now, before... I get beaten by the trainer outside. The policeman who only fights at night? Yeah, OnixTide was dead and my next best Pokemon was AIEL J. hell. no.
Go back through to Goldenrod in the morning, not having to fight the cop this time, and catch a Smashzee along the way, who replaces Aiel (finally!) Voltorb Flip hooks me completely and I spend a few hours playing, getting Elftini and Carthsnake there and some extra coins to be spent on items... later. (Elftini and Carthsnake replace Kilgasprout and a Hoothoot I'd caught.) Somewhere back in Azalea, I think, my Togepi hatched, so I have this Lv 1 piece of crap in my team too.
Off to Whitney's Gym now, and my current team is:
 - Lv 17 OnixTide
 - Lv 15 Carthsnake
 - Lv 15 Elftini
 - Lv 11 Ephkarp
 - Lv 10 Smashzee
 - Lv 1 Togepat (named after someone on a different site)

...I'm screwed, aren't I? Relying on using Dratini's awesome moveset combined with Onix resistances and Screech to take out this gym, methinks...

Bardiche

« Reply #1442 on: March 27, 2010, 03:48:30 PM »
Damn, I need to get HeartGold, too. :c

I had a golden Noctowl. When I saw Ash catch one in the anime I was like "WHAT!"

But I lost my cartridge.

Went to the shops for HG today but "derp you need to order by phone"... hahahano. Guess I'll wait until it ships into stores here~

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 27, 2010, 05:25:27 PM »
FF13 - Finished.  Battle system continues to be boring.  End game weapons powered up to max of Tier 2, stuff still takes far to long to die (4 minute or so randoms?  Fuck you giant tank guys).  I actually had less Retries in the last dungeon than the rest of the game because of all the talking up it got I actually looked at the TV while playing instead of loading up the next Podcast to isten to while playing or something. 

Character analysis stuff can burn.  In battle there is some basic combat sets you want access to, but however you make those up will work.  You want some way to have a Synergist, a Saboteur and a Medic seperately at any given time, you can fill out the rest of your party however you damned want, who you use doesn't matter, you just are going to be pressing X and sipping a drink the whole time anyway.  I used Lightning, Fang, Hope because fuck why not.  They covered that.   

The combat system is really really stupid in essence because they whole setup is less to kill you and more about trying to get 5 stars to get better loot from enemies.  So you hit boss fights and there is no real reason to try and get the 5 star rating because you get no loot there.  So you can just play really conservatively and you will win (I did not do this, I wasn't looking at my TV enough to do that before someone says that is why I found the game boring, I played very offensively oriented).  Oh except for the last boss fight, but do you know what the last boss does?  The final boss has even less offense than Sin final boss fight.  Sure there is no Perma-Revive there, but he is just as likely to kill you.  5 star trophy for it got first try.

THe ending did the same this the rest of the game did just as expected.  If you didn't see that stupid ending bullshit coming from a mile away you just plain were blind to the shitty main plot nonsense through the whole game.

Pretty much every character disappears off the face of the world after they get their Summon.  They just get generic set of lines go here LETS SAVE COCOON, WE ARE ALL FRIENDS LETS HUG, LETS NOT MAKE A WISH OR PRAYER LETS MAKE A PROMISE.  AND WHEN I SAY PROMISE, I DON'T MEAN, LIKE, AN ACTUAL PROMISE, BUT I MEAN IT LIKE THE WAY BLACK EOPLE USE IT.  WHICH IS MORE MEANINGFUL I THINK.  And then the plot does something stupid and you end the scene with some illogical disconnect from the already established reality or situation from the last cutscene.  So even if there is characters that I don't hate?  They also don't have much character.  Sazs was the best from begining to end and that is still because the whole game he is doing things for fairly logical intelligent reasons and he isn't a gigantic douche the whole time.  Go him, that puts him on par with great characters like most of the cast from Shining Force.

So to wrap it all up, this game from start to finish is horrible.  The gameplay gets less grating like 20-30 hours in (depending on how much you just get fed up and walk away from the game while it is running) where it stops being painfully aggravatingly boring to become painfully mind numbingly boring.  The plot stops making ou violent a few hours before that because the plot just keeps getting retarded and you just stop caring about the dumb shit that they are saying and how it is completely counter to what they just said the last cutscene but matches up perfectly with the one that was 2 scenes ago (ad infinitum).  It does one single thing right in all its $100 AUS glory, it is very pretty.  There is not a single thing here that I would like to see carried over to a new game.  The job system lacks diversity of previous ones, the Sphere Grid knock off is entirely linear and not even remotely interesting (you have 3 jobs per character in essence and you will max them all out just before you unlock new things).  The plot is vapid and stupid with no sense of pacing or interesting characters and the setting is frankly not that fucking interesting. 

There is no choice in this game.  The dungeons are straight lines, the character building is all predefined for you, your immediate responses to any given situation in battle are right there with a simple priority system which the AI will handle the finer points for you.  You want to Bufff -> Debuff -> HP>50% attack -> HP<50% change to healer.  Game fucking over.  While you will eliminate that entire first step on anything difficult by buffing before the fight starts with buffs that last like 5 damned minutes in game and there is like what 10 fights that should take longer than that?  Is there even any enemies that dispel in this hunk of shit?  Ultimately you can CHOOSE to do side quests or you can CHOOSE to fight inefficiently.  THank you game I had plenty of ways to choose to waste my fucking time while playing you without you handing those two options to me.  Oh and even though they streamlined everything?  Yeah this is still a 40+ hour grind to get through.  Because those corridor dungeons with enemies you kill in about a minute each?  Yeah they are overflowing with enemies, it will take you hours to run what is effectively like a few street blocks in this damned game.  It puts XS2 to shame for its longest and most grindy dungeons in the game and fuck at least XS2 dungeons had engaging combat to get through.  Streamlining gameplay and then bloating the game out with filler grind is a failure of concept.

In short, this game is bad and I think less of you as a person if you like it.  There is nothing good here.  If you want to spend your time playing a game that streamlines a fairly well established genre then you want to play Mass Effect 2 which as an added bonus for all its streamlining ACTUALLY MANAGES TO MAKE THE GAME FUCKING SHORTER.  Square need to stop making games and go back to what they are good at, making shitty movies that are blissfully over after 70 minutes.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: March 27, 2010, 05:53:53 PM »
Sapphire: Currently running Mudkip, Shroomish, Nincada, Ralts, Lotad and Beautifly all around 10-12

Beat the first gym. Mudkip got OHKO'd by an opening critical Rock Throw from Roxanne, which was >.> So Shroomish just went in with Stun Spore/Leech Seed/Absorb combo to clean up the gym.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 27, 2010, 06:28:18 PM »
FFXIII- Boss battles in Chapter Ten were intense. Both Fang's Eidolon and you know who kept me on my toes. In Fang's case it was more that I hadn't been using or mantaining her so it was a case of WTF!? as her Eidolon totally reamed my party >.> Then I had to figure out how to fill the Gestalt bar while keeping my party alive - even after building Fang up this was still close. However it was nothing compared to you know who. I'm still not quite sure what happened there but I managed to win in the end <.<

Also I hope the enemies in this new chapter give tons of CP because I noticed new stuff for characters was starting to become expensive at the end of Chapter Ten.

Thanks for the advice Pyro =-) I think I'll go SYN for Vanille's fourth role. Any suggestions for Sazh/Snow?~

Enemies start giving CP in the thousands in C11.  There's an abusable fight in there that gives 6.6k for about a minute of work early on (~20 seconds later).

Like Pyro said, grabbing Sentinel for everyone is a good idea.  Commando/Ravager maybe too.  Getting the first skill takes like 15k CP minimum which is not much at all (a little over the price of one node in the highest endgame tier).  Not really worth it to go past that.

So yeah, grab SEN for Vanille and Sazh.  Maybe COM for Vanille if you want (at least up to Ruin if it's early) but that's less important.  Focus on main roles other than that.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: March 27, 2010, 09:48:51 PM »
I'm with Elf and Roz.  Sandslash was a member of my first game beating Pokemon Red/Blue team way back when.  (I forget which was which.  I got Sandslash and my brother got stuck with Arbok.)  Sandslash/Alakhazam/Starmie/Charizard go!

Oh, and screw Sentinel.  All that skill does in the non missions fights is make things take longer!  There's like... 2 mobs in the late game that I found it useful for and only Fang needed to Sent up anyway.  Blitz blitz blitz!

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #1447 on: March 27, 2010, 09:51:12 PM »
Square need to stop making games

Pretty much. Wonder what they're gonna do when they can't make their graphics any better, since that's the only thing they're really using new technology for.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 28, 2010, 02:42:58 AM »
So to wrap it all up, this game from start to finish is horrible.

Say more, Grefter, say more!!!

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: March 28, 2010, 02:53:35 AM »
Sapphire: Up to Slateport, still using the same party, though a few evolved. Marshtomp, Nincada, Beautifly, Ralts, Lombre and Shroomish. Wiped once to the Fighting gym leader. Shouldn't have attempted him at ~13. Leveled to 15-16 and it was much easier. Nincada is developing into my HM mule. Beautifly has started to fall off in use, probably will be the next cut once a good typing comes in. Don't feel like using Aron, Makuhita or Sableye. Maybe once I get an Electric type I'll stick it in there.