Author Topic: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!  (Read 356146 times)

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!
« Reply #1500 on: March 30, 2010, 07:55:01 AM »
White guy sails boats, kills Indians.  In other news fire is hot.

DomaDragoon

• Lazy
  • Denizen
  • Boink.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: March 30, 2010, 12:55:30 PM »
HG: Scyther is a horrible, horrible creature. Barely wore it down with my four Pokemon, then walked out of the the gym and my egg hatched. Mary (Togepi) is still level 1. I'm about to take on Devil Cow.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: March 30, 2010, 01:29:32 PM »
HoI2- Sealion is a go. As expected the UK Navy doesn't go near my transports when I have a large fleet of destroyers to protect them. I land in southwest England and was spreading somewhat successfully to to the southeastern part when I get a game crash. Going to spin off puppet Scotland and hopefully finish in time for barbarossa.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #1503 on: March 30, 2010, 05:49:06 PM »
White guy sails boats, kills Indians.  In other news fire is hot.

There were no boats involved.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: March 30, 2010, 06:53:18 PM »
Heart Gold Hatbot(ish) Style: Today, I learn that flipping coins/rolling dice IRL gives me worse results than Hatebot!

After failing to paralyse Jasmine several times, I finally give up and explore. Some games of Voltorb Flip and the Pokeathlon later, I... realise the Rare Candies being sold are mostly useless, but grab Flamethrower - and discover that nothing here can use it. Then, Bug Catching Contest nets me a Scyther which is added to the party almost immediately.
After that, I bring over some Pokewalker Pokes and... both are added to my team. Psyduck (Lv 10) and Slowpoke (Lv 8). HELPFUL. They replace the Goldeen and Electrode, leaving me with two half-decent Pokemon. >.<
Thinking "Hm, I need to train more," I head off from Goldenrod to Cianwood, fighting anything and everything along the way. It's here I suddenly remember that, hey! The Safari Zone exists! They'll be high level randoms, right? (I also caught a Seel on the way over. EPHKARP IS GONE YESSSS) Safari Zone Session 1 nabs me a huge range of things, like Tauros, Kangaskhan, Koffing, Grimer, Larvitar, Lickitung... Of course, the only things that end up in my team by the end of it all are Kangaskhan, Koffing and NidoranF. By this point, my entire team has changed completely, and everything is hideously underlevelled. >.<
Back to Goldenrod to name stuff and grab some more TMs/items before trying more training and then Jasmine again, methinks! (Jasmine's gonne be easy to beat with two POIZN types, RIGHT?!?! >_>)
Oh, did I mention all my levels are gone? My highest level now is my Lv 20 Seel. YESIU.

Current Team: (Blame Hatbot for the names, guys! Well, 'cept Kappa.)
 - Lv 15 Nidoran F (Shale)
 - Lv 16 Kangaskhan (AndyRogue)
 - Lv 10 Psyduck (Nitori~)
 - Lv 14 Scyther (OblivionK) (Stupid OK and his long username. >.<)
 - Lv 20 Seel (Glen Veil)
 - Lv 16 Koffing (Tonfa)

Fun Fact: My entire team is female! Again, sorry guys. ;)

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: March 30, 2010, 10:53:50 PM »
Sapphire: Failed my first attempt at Norman. Was pretty underleveled though. Almost done getting the team up to speed.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: March 31, 2010, 02:28:08 AM »
Puzzle Quest - Fireball is awesome and I love it.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: March 31, 2010, 04:59:11 AM »
Sapphire: Beat Norman. Hax Slaking is hax. I shot it with 5 or so accuracy downs before I realized they weren't working. Oh well. Aron (Subbed in for Lombre) and Skarmory (Subbed in for Shroomish) took good care of the gym. Managed to get Kirlia evolved into a Gardevoir too.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: March 31, 2010, 02:30:28 PM »
FFXIII- Start of Chapter Twelve. The thing with the Eidolons was cool, the thing with a certain NPC ... would have been better if they hadn't already pulled something like that earlier. The NPC's buddy was cool though.

I managed to defeat the Ambling Bellows. Thunder instead of Thundara worked wonders. Took out one of the little dudes then focused the overall assault on the bellows~

The boss at the top of the tower was a bit daunting but I found my party could survive his super moves if Sazh had buffed us up with the Bar moves. So that while I debuffed with Vanille and then Relentless Assault to stagger then Aggression. Took two staggers and a bit of normal damage after the second before he went down. Still yaay for extra damage from hitting elemental weaknesses~

Fixxed Vanille's dog in Oerba and obtained some veeery nice shinies as a reward as well as the Pulsian Pioneer title. Well that was a relatively painless and rewarding sidequest =-)

Managed to clear a hunt in Oerba too. Ambused the mark, summoned with Vanille, used a Librascope and then crushed the fight with Gestalt mode >.>

The boss at the end of Chapter Eleven was something else. It's status dealing/buff removing shenanigans near had me pulling my hair out =P Eventually I ended up boosting a Star Pendant to a Starfall one, maxxing that and equipping it and another one to Vanille for over 70% poison resistance plus a recover from Poison quick factor. This so my Medic wouldn't be frantically trying to Esuna her status as well as allies in addition to keeping everyone healed up. I also sold some of the shinies that the dog gave me for $$$$$$, upgraded Snow's Umbra and Sazh's Spica Defenders to max, then levelled Vanille's Malboro Wand to L32 because why not.  

The boss still took a while to go down and I had to make another modification to my tactics - buying status cures for the Daze status - but eventually I managed. I found it better to have Vanille near constantly in Medic mode, with a bit of SAB on the side rather than much ravaging fun but oh well. Tireless Charge with Snow and Sazh while Vanille healed is what worked.

Oh and to answer Gref's question, yes enemies are capable of dispelling your buffs. That one had a move that removed all positive buffs on the party and debuffs on it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 03:09:28 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: March 31, 2010, 02:56:33 PM »
Fixxed Vanille's dog in Oerba and obtained some veeery nice shinies as a reward as well as the Pulsian Pioneer title. Well that was a relatively painless and rewarding sidequest =-)

I think it's the only other sidequest in the game outside hunts, now that I think of it.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: March 31, 2010, 05:20:16 PM »
Pokemon HG - Hadn't played this for a while due to Strange journey being so addicting. Glad I picked it back up as Sandshrew was a complete badass against the third Gym leader.

This Gym leader was the one I was dreading as Miltank is an absolute bitch to fight. Quilava's Firewheel that was OHKOing everything else was near useless as itput on no pressure and Miltank could easily heal it away.
After a long crueling fight it all stood like this.

Sandshrew L22 at 38 hp, Quilava at L25 at 7 hp and me sitting on one potion. Miltank's berry had already been used up and it was at full health.
My friend who was watching while playing Soulsilver told me I was screwed but I saw a chance. I buffed up my defence up with Defence curl before using Poison needle which poisoned in one. Normally this wouldn't work due to Miltanks healing but its useage of the move "Rollout" meant it couldn't do anything else. On the forth turn it was dead and Sandshrew had bested an enemy Quilava had no chance against.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: March 31, 2010, 05:47:33 PM »
Oh and to answer Gref's question, yes enemies are capable of dispelling your buffs. That one had a move that removed all positive buffs on the party and debuffs on it.

Chapter 10 boss also did that, and I found it more annoying there!

---

Resonance of Fate - On chapter 3 now.  Did all the arena stuff and missions so about ready to start the plot stuff.  Around level 17 for all.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: March 31, 2010, 11:05:14 PM »
Hatbot Heart Gold: In today's episode, Shalequeen and Andykhan tear shit up (with some help from GlenSeel), and we learn the values of items in Pokemon games.

So, I repeatedly lost to Jasmine. Again. So went off to train. Again. Then went to fight Pryce. Now, this actually came close! His Seel took out way too many of mine the first time, but second try, I went in with GlenSeel and used Encore. No matter what he used, I had some counter, be it using Glen to lower speed (Icy Wind) or just tank (Rest). Eventually managed to Encore a Rest and switched out to :psykappa: who used Tail Whip repeatedly to lower its defences. From there, a quick switch to Andykhan who Mega PAUNCHED it down in one. Piloswine, similar strategy, but with much, MUCH more healing - items, yay! Then, Dewgong. This took ETHERS. Seriously. I ran out of Revives and all but Glen were down. I used a few Ethers to bring back Rest's PP, since he couldn't 3HKO me, and then just tanked with Rest. Another Ether, same again, and it Struggled itself to death. Haha.

Off to Jasmine, who's Magnemite fell in one Double Kick from Shalequeen. Steelix took a single Revive on Glen to have it back for Surfing, and then it fell. Other Magnemite took some work from Tonfing, Andykhan and Shalequeen, but fell pretty easily. Whee~!

Then, Goldenrod, where I own Rockets who use shitty Pokes in place of the decently challenging stuff I've been taking out for the last however long. Oh yeah, rival fight was in there, hahaha, he sucks. Anyways. Lots of POIZN around here, so Shalequeen owns stuff with double resistance. Currently in the fight against ARCHER at the top of the Radio Tower. Team is:
 - Lv 29 Kangaskhan (AndyRogue)
 - Lv 19 Koffing (Tonfa)
 - Lv 12 Psyduck (Nitori~)
 - Lv 17 Farfetch'd (Laggy)
 - Lv 32 Nidoqueen (Shale)
 - Lv 24 Seel (Glen Veil)

kokushishin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: April 01, 2010, 12:00:58 AM »

At the end of Chapter 10 in FFXIII. I have hardly used any of the buff shrouds, and in those instances it was because I hadn't gotten Haste yet.  Enemies seem to have gotten a bit miserly at the same time Crystogen is getting more expensive  but otherwise in good shape.

So far as least Sentinel >>>>>>>>>>>>Medic.  Curative spells seem to have the worst multipliers of anything unless you're all critical and have been good since last Christmas.  Less of a hit to party damage/chaining as well.  Fang's rope a doping n00bs left and right. It'd be downright absurd with Snow as he has about 1k more HP than she does +the option of Paladin or Umbra.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: April 01, 2010, 12:07:34 AM »
Puzzle Quest - Now with riding a giant rat and flaming skulls. This is like the best crack of everything ever.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: April 01, 2010, 12:12:07 AM »

At the end of Chapter 10 in FFXIII. I have hardly used any of the buff shrouds, and in those instances it was because I hadn't gotten Haste yet.  Enemies seem to have gotten a bit miserly at the same time Crystogen is getting more expensive  but otherwise in good shape.

So far as least Sentinel >>>>>>>>>>>>Medic.  Curative spells seem to have the worst multipliers of anything unless you're all critical and have been good since last Christmas.  Less of a hit to party damage/chaining as well.  Fang's rope a doping n00bs left and right. It'd be downright absurd with Snow as he has about 1k more HP than she does +the option of Paladin or Umbra.

Sentinel and Medic aren't really the same uses, for all that one can supplement for the other.  Medic is more about keeping your team alive, being a battery such that you don't run out, where as Sentinel is about keeping the team from taking too much damage at once.  Basically, Medic is better against a bunch of smaller hits that add up over time, but Sentinel is better against the big scary move of doom as it'd bait the attack away and lessen the damage.

In truth, you want to use both; Medic + Sentinel tends to be nigh unkillable combo for a good part of the game, of course the flaw is that you won't do damage, but that's what Paradigm shift is for!
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 01, 2010, 12:45:35 AM »
Mega Man 10 - Beat this.

Overall I find myself less enamoured of it than MM9? I'm not entirely sure why, the obvious reason is that the weapons are just less fun, though. Otherwise the stage design is certainly pretty good, as is boss design (Wily boss design less so, outside the archive bosses and the first stage of the Wily Machine). So it's good overall, but I sorta feel it's more around MM1/4/5 level than the MM2/3/8 level I was willing to put 9 on. On the other hand it does have more options than those (thinking of Hard Mode, Proto Man, challenges...)... but less fun weapons? Eh. Well. For other things, plot is a step back from 9 (but MEGA MAN PLOT), needed boss Roll. Music is okay, nothing special overall.

On the weapons, ranked by how useful they are!

The good:

Wheel Cutter: WTF, the second coming of the weapon of the legendary WHEEL GATOR, not to mention the game's freaking groundcrawler (how often are they any good?) is the game's best weapon. Anyway, it's solid and versatile: reasonable damage and cheap, can be used as a shield and is good at getting things up walls or below you.

Triple Blade: Well, maybe this is the best. Only real weakness is the one per screen limit; otherwise it gets solid wide coverage and decent offence for only 1 WE.

The okay:

Chill Spike: Freezes things so you can kill them safely. Works, and what it does to hoppers in particular is enough to merit its #3 ranking here. Also killing that annoying groundcrawler which no other weapon does.

Rebound Striker: The directability of the weapon is handy, but the power:price ratio is low enough to make it rarely a mainstay. Still, invaluable in a few situations.

Water Shield: Not exactly the best shield in the series. Its method of firing is interesting but ultimately not too useful, and besides that it isn't overly damaging and dissipates as piecewise as it is hit. Still, it serves its job as a shield well enough, it's just not a killing machine like Jewel Satellite and Leaf Shield.

Solar Blaze: Really didn't need to be 2 WE. Kinda boring otherwise, goes forward, then eventually back and forward at the same time, decent size and piercing at least.

Commando Bomb: Crash Bomb which HAS to not be a direct hit to do anything approaching real damage. Except you can direct it. Obviously a losing trade, but it's not useless or anything.

The "at least it's not Hyper Bomb":

Thunder Wool: lulz. 4 WE for a weapon that deals sucky damage unless you're willing to wait for it to turn into a thunderbolt which is just way too cumbersome.

Bosses as far as bustering goes, since I've gotten them all now...

Solar >> Chill >> Nitro > Commando > Sheep > Pump > Strike. Blade fits in... somewhere. He's probably the easiest one to me now but I had a lot of resets on him at first, just need to figure him out and he's ultra-patterned after that, but figuring him out isn't easy.

Not much else to say, about 3 hours on second playthrough, 55 minutes on second. 7/12 challenges so far, will nail the others soon enough no doubt. Hard Mode soon, then maybe Proto Man eventually. Or something.

Ace Attorney Investigations: Onto 5-4. 5-1 and 5-2 were both rather brilliantly plotted, and I'll forgive 5-1 bringing back Maggey because it had Jacques Portsman who is my hero. 5-3 was... not so brilliantly plotted. I liked the core ideas of the case but they really bungled the execution, it felt like the case kept pulling pieces of evidence or soap opera twists out of its ass to keep going and the ultimate chain of events was possibly the least believable thing since 1-5. Oh well, at least it had some awesome characters, and Lang ended up making a hell of a lot more sense than I expected (kinda funny making an antagonist out of a sentiment the player was probably feeling rather strongly in PW1!). 5-4 is looking good so far but I'm early.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 01, 2010, 03:45:01 AM »
HG:  Making my way through Gym 8, I realize my pokes are seriously underleveled compared to the other trainers.  But I forge ahead anyway and fight Dragon Girl.  I pump Feraligator full of X-stat boosts and use just about every single potion in my inventory to win.

Then Kimono Girls.  OUCH.  Umbreon is bad enough, but that Espeon is rape in concentrated form.  I go level up a while and then manage to get by it (luckily the remaining three eeveelutions are fail).

Ho-oh fight is forced in order to advance the game?  Yuck.  Wanted to spend some time soft-resetting for a good one with either +Speed or +Attack nature.  So, eh, I just go for it and get a Hasty one with 29 speed and 28 attack on the first try.  Good enough!

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: April 01, 2010, 05:52:35 AM »
Sapphire: Bumming around mostly, going to the new Surf-enabled places. Did Abandoned Ship and picked up Voltorb and Magnemite from New Mauville, as well as a Jiggly from 115. Probably will go fishing with the Good Rod later. Needs me a Sharpedo (Who can say no to a Shark Torpedo?). Got through most of 118 before turning back and stopping. Tossed Aron and Skarmory out during this time to bring back Lombre and Shroomish. ~30 for everyone now.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 05:55:37 AM by Hunter Sopko »

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 01, 2010, 06:36:20 AM »

Sentinel and Medic aren't really the same uses, for all that one can supplement for the other.  Medic is more about keeping your team alive, being a battery such that you don't run out, where as Sentinel is about keeping the team from taking too much damage at once.  Basically, Medic is better against a bunch of smaller hits that add up over time, but Sentinel is better against the big scary move of doom as it'd bait the attack away and lessen the damage.

In truth, you want to use both; Medic + Sentinel tends to be nigh unkillable combo for a good part of the game, of course the flaw is that you won't do damage, but that's what Paradigm shift is for!

Medic-Sentinel is like a hand brake on a car.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: April 01, 2010, 08:48:59 AM »
The difference between running a medic and a Sentinel in trash is that you really need someone to stay being Sentinel to be worth shit.  Medic you can swap between that and Ravager and lose next to nothing.  I cycled between Com/Rav/Rav, Com/Rav/Syn, Com/Rav/Medic and Com/Rav/Sab where applicable fairly universally and you will 5 star the vast majority of the trash out there.  More specific trash fights will need other setups, but 5 starring shit isn't even that damned important.  Last two slots are usable for defensive stuff so you can recover if you didn't look at the TV for 30 seconds and the fight still isn't over so you probably need to heal.

Have I mentioned that this game sucked and was boring?

I know enemies can debuff you and remove buffs, but I meant does anything really dispel?  There is like one boss there so far?  Maybe 2?  There is like... at least 10 bosses in the game after you get Synergist (let alone Shrouds)?  Yeah.  See all my other complaints and bashings of the game.  Edit - You want it to be a dispel, because removing Protect or Shell but leaving up Haste, Bravery, Faith, Barelement, Element applying buffs and whatnot fails to make anyone threatening.  Like the worst debuff you can really get is Slow and even that is kind of meh.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: April 01, 2010, 04:20:46 PM »
Pokemon HG- Just beat the Ghost guy and did the Lake of rage. Battles have been mostly easy but team building is always diffcult for me. I've got my eyes on a team consisting of Typhlosion, Sandslash, Gyarados, Scizor, Magnezone and as for the last spot I have no idea (Need help with this).

Me using a friends DS to trade over my pokemon from Plat shouldn't be a problem right? My little brother wants to start a new game on my Plat so it'd be nice to be able to bring over my pokemon to HG.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: April 01, 2010, 09:00:34 PM »
Sapphire: Winona's entire gym got solo'd by Manectric and Thunder. Good times. Tossed out Ninjask for a bit to stick Fly onto Skarmory and raise it up a bit. Also got Swampert in the meanwhile, though aside from Manectric and Swampert (36), the rest of my party is around 32-33.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: April 01, 2010, 09:06:15 PM »
The difference between running a medic and a Sentinel in trash is that you really need someone to stay being Sentinel to be worth shit.  Medic you can swap between that and Ravager and lose next to nothing.  I cycled between Com/Rav/Rav, Com/Rav/Syn, Com/Rav/Medic and Com/Rav/Sab where applicable fairly universally and you will 5 star the vast majority of the trash out there.  More specific trash fights will need other setups, but 5 starring shit isn't even that damned important.  Last two slots are usable for defensive stuff so you can recover if you didn't look at the TV for 30 seconds and the fight still isn't over so you probably need to heal.

Have I mentioned that this game sucked and was boring?

I know enemies can debuff you and remove buffs, but I meant does anything really dispel?  There is like one boss there so far?  Maybe 2?  There is like... at least 10 bosses in the game after you get Synergist (let alone Shrouds)?  Yeah.  See all my other complaints and bashings of the game.  Edit - You want it to be a dispel, because removing Protect or Shell but leaving up Haste, Bravery, Faith, Barelement, Element applying buffs and whatnot fails to make anyone threatening.  Like the worst debuff you can really get is Slow and even that is kind of meh.

I'm actually with Grefter here.  I got almost no use out of Sentinel the entire game.  Some of the mini bosses had RAWR 10K DAMNAGE ST, but most of the guys during the game had nothing that Medic couldn't heal through easily.  Medic also could cure MT and removes debuffs, which Sentinel cannot.  I really think Sentinel only saw action in half a dozen or less fights throughout the normal game and in a couple of the Eidolon.  Com/Rav/Med, Com/Com/Rav and Com/Rav/Rav definitely saw the most action, with Com/Sab/Syn seeing some at the beginning of boss fights.

Now in the Mission game... Sentinel gets some more use.  The birds that throw down 10k attacks on the reg are good.  Also that lightning guy inside the tower was good to have a Sentinel against because of his debuffs and speedy damage.  I'm sure some of the last ones that I didn't take on would require a Sent as well.  But main game... meh

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 02, 2010, 02:58:38 AM »
I think the problem is actually very simple. The game simply didn't have enough the enemies that has enough offense to make defend commands worth using. Why bother defending when you can stagger the enemy 20 seconds faster??