Author Topic: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!  (Read 362305 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!
« Reply #2850 on: June 30, 2010, 04:45:42 PM »
Dissidia: Been playing a lot more of this other than my usual "one match a day" lately.  Mastered Story Mode in entirely, including all 10 Cosmos reports, only 2 Chaos Reports left (Kefka and Ex-death).  Have Firion, Terra, Cloud, Sephiroth, Squall, Zidane, and Tidus at level 100.  Most recent action worth caring about was getting the 100 Battles in Lunar Whale course accomplishment; I got 91 with Squall before getting the "Hey, this accomplishment exists!" and went "God damn it, I was that close?" Tried with Zidane, failed cause I still don't quite have a grasp on his combos and all that, then decided this would be a good opportunity to practice with Sephiroth (one of my intended Mains) some, and sure enough, it worked!  It was also AFTER I did all this that I read that Scintillations main use comes from being a guard usable right after a Dodge...well, shit, that would have been nice to know!

Also got a crap load of AP since I've been using AP builds (so I could master certain characters much faster in terms of CP manipulation)...and recently started making Drop rate Builds (Which I often forget to replenish at the PP Shop, GO ME!) so I can get more gear faster, hopefully make more Ultimates which very few PCs actually care about, cause generic weapons apparently end up better in the grand scheme of things!

Anyway...
So after doing all that, easing up on Dissidia, went back to something I started briefly, and decided to get back to cause I have to give it back in like a month or something:

TWEWY: Up to Joshua Day 3.  My opinion of the game...hasn't really changed since I first started it.  Really just not getting into it; thankfully it seems shortish, but otherwise, mrf.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: June 30, 2010, 05:26:02 PM »
Really?  Personally can't stand the guy, I'm just there for the Hobo-Fu which is truly mighty.

Probably the biggest reason I haven't played AJ is because, well, it sounds like Phoenix kind of a tool and that what happens to him in the time between 3 and 4 is really anti-climatic. I've spoiled myself on a lot of the game due to reading the PW Wiki, mostly trying to find a reason to play it, and the answer to me is A PROSECUTOR WHOSE LIFE GOAL ISN'T TO ANNOY YOU? YESZ. Now, we'll see how well it is implemented.

AAI: Finished 5-3.

SPOILERS!

I actually think it is pretty bad. Kay is hilarious but otherwise the case isn't very funny, and the murder plot is so convoluted that I think the logic is extremely hard to follow. There was one in particular... there were THREE! people involved in the kidnapping, not just the father/daughter team. Like, okay, there were three people involved. That proves absolutely nothing and that could have been just about anyone but somehow you use this to pull Lance in. I was caught on that snag for a while and once I got it (by FAQing it) I rolled my eyes at how utterly stupid it was. In general, the murder was just... written really badly. The plan is sooo stupid and they could have just cut out the crap with RESTAGING THE SHOOTING and just exploited the fact that her handprints are on the gun. That would have been so much more like something someone in real life would do!

The biggest problem with this case, however, is Lang. Lang is a Grade A douchebag, an arrogant twit, and somehow he has power over the most powerful person in the district. You can't just tell the head prosecutor to fuck off after the entire PW series establishes that they can do whatever the fuck they want! Now, if Lang had tried to argue that Edgey was involved in the crime and thus couldn't try to solve it, that would make more sense. Otherwise, Lang uses terrible logic (I will blather incessantly about how you don't need evidence in the real world to arrest people (lulz) but when you are trying to arrest people, you MUST HAVE DECISIVE EVIDENCE!!), he's a total tool who loves to beat his own chest (like El Tigre, except really fucking annoying instead of awesome), and THEY TRIED TO GIVE HIM A SOB STORY ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? AND THE SOB STORY IS OH MY GOODNESS A PROSECUTOR DID SOMETHING TO HIS GRANDFATHER ONCE OR SOMETHING?

I guess one thing good about Lang is that he does say what we all wanted to say about prosecutors. He has really good music and art too. Otherwise, he is like second to the blather machine Godot in annoying chars in the series.

I also 'like' how Jacques Portsman comes in with PERMISSION FROM THE CHIEF OF POLICE. lulz, we are prosecutors, we control the chief of police.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 05:39:43 PM by Ciato »
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: June 30, 2010, 10:44:54 PM »
You get one these around midgame. To be honest, I can understand -why- they did this, there's so little opportunites to actually use the battle system that they seemed to need something like this to get any kind of battling in. Not a good design choice, no. There's really not much to say for a lot of the design choices.

Fedecca is hot, make sure you get Fedecca to get the most out of the game.

That is easy to do.  Increased movement speed = Increased encounter rate.  Games have been doing that for how long now?

But of course I am going to get every star.  This is me playing a Suikoden game.  I have a walkthrough open on my iPhone.  (Another point against it for portability.  Had the same issue with ToE on PSP when I bought it.  I actually did mean to play through it on the go when I got it!  But then remembered all the crippling FAQbait and just haven't got back to it.  That is as someone who has already played and really enjoyed ToE and has a memory for obscure and hidden crap.  I just forget all the little hidden things in ToE because there is so damned many of them).
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: July 01, 2010, 12:51:33 PM »
FF3: Got the 'Ice' equips and went back to take care of the Fire Caverns. Fire Breath was now just a low 2HKO as opposed to a borderline OHKO. Was fine using Cura on every Fire Breath until he attacked Arc in the same turn and I lost my Black Mage. Then he did the same to Refia. Oh. Ingus died a little after that, so I tried healing Thief!Luneth. From full health, he fell back into OHKO range. "Fuck it, ATTACK!" *kills* "..." 50 DAMAGE PHYSICAL KILL YESZ.
Get more jobs, change Ingus into a Knight. Now I'm in a tree.

Edit: Also, checking my notes, Meeple: Castle Sasune.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: July 01, 2010, 03:45:45 PM »
Bad Rats -

Not a fan. Played through a bit over 20 levels; don't believe I will bother continuing.

Every level that I played required you to knock a ball into a particular object, even when that doesn't make sense (such as into the side of a horizontally-oriented pair of scissors, or pushing things which ought to be far too heavy for it to push... especially since this is supposed to be physics-based). This gets old fairly fast but it is not strictly a major problem.

I go to put a rat on an incline, and the game will automatically rotate it to match the angle of the incline. Following this a good deal of the time despite the game having rotated it to match the incline, and the game snapping the rat to the incline when you're close enough, you aren't allowed to put it there because it's snapped to such that it clips into the incline. Assuming that I do get it on the incline or just leave it in midair just out of reach of the snapping, I want to turn it around because it's facing the wrong direction. The game proceeds to flip the rat horizontally ignoring the angle that it's been rotated to, so if it was facing left-downwards after flipping it it will be facing right-downwards instead of right-upwards. This is tremendously unhelpful, especially since the manual rotation controls are kind of annoying to use. Not to mention that they're worthless a good deal of the time - rotating a cannon rat will rotate the cannon on its base, but rotating an archer rat will rotate the entire rat, and aiming particularly high or low will just result in the rat falling over when you start things up.

At least the game can autorotate rats correctly even if the snapper can't perceive the effect this has on their clipping. With autorotation of boards it isn't so great. Numerous times I was trying to position a board over a gap and the autorotator decided for god-knows-whatever reason that I wanted one end of the board to sit across a platform that was above the gap in question, rotating it ludicrously out of position and through the upper platform. Did mention that you can only use the manual rotation controls if the item is placed somewhere? So you have to hope that you have enough room somewhere to put the board and unrotate it yourself, or move it to other locations and hope that the autorotator will shift it back in the direction you wanted it originally.

Puzzles are 2-dimensional only, and it would follow that the pieces were locked into a two dimensional plane. They aren't. While it is somewhat amusing to see a Balloon + Rat randomly spiral out of the puzzle towards the screen the first couple of times, this shouldn't be possible, especially since you have limited time and attempts (ludicrous amount of attempts to be fair, but the time limit isn't so). Furthermore, running out gives you a full-blown game over. In this style of game. What.

Randomness is even apparently a factor in general, which is very very wrong. I looked at the dev solution to a map I didn't think I had even begun to approach the right way, and the dev solution -failed-. It's possible that it was just a problem with the dev solution, but I saw people speaking about it randomly happening to the dev solutions on other maps.

So one time I beat a map, and on going to the next map I found that it was the same as the previous map. Except the solution plan provided didn't match the map layout at all. I ran with my previous solution and the next map was also the same as before with another new solution layout which didn't match it. I went back to the main menu and loaded this map up with the password and it changed the difficulty level on me. This was about the point I decided it was not worth continuing.

Did I mention that the game required me to disable DEP on it before it would run.

Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent -

First off I will just state that TTG apparently still haven't fixed the problems they have been having with multiple monitor support since this game also died and had trouble coming back up if I touched the resolution. There go my hopes that it was a problem limited to S&M3. At least I found out that altering my second monitor to be a duplicate instead of an extension resets enough of whatever to allow the game to even start back up, so I don't need to restart the computer for it any more, but it still should be highly unnecessary.

I don't mind the graphical style in general. There are a couple of points where it grates, mostly when characters cross the screen on snowmobiles at around 3 frames per second, but in general it is nice and different.

Much shorter than I was expecting. In case you weren't aware yet, the game is similar in gameplay to Professor Layton, so to compare to that... Professor Layton 1 has, according to an FAQ, around 120 puzzles in the maingame, and half of those are optional. Puzzle Agent has 37 puzzles in the main game, 10 or so of which are optional. Yeah. I get that it's not only episodic in a manner of speaking, but it's also a pilot/test episode and as such may be smaller than a regular episode, but still. Also sort of ends on a cliffhanger when as I understand it it isn't guaranteed to get any sequels. Tsk.

Ended up getting one 4 and several 7s, with the rest 10s. The game is sneaky and provides, as far as I can ascertain, no facility for manual saving so you cannot get a perfect score through saving. Sadness.

Disgaea DS -

Starting episode 7.

I was not expecting there to be an unwinnable map (duplication dragon) in this style of game and ended up looking up a 'solution' for it as I was sure there was some trick to it I wasn't grasping ._.

DomaDragoon

• Lazy
  • Denizen
  • Boink.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: July 01, 2010, 05:55:43 PM »
Red Dead Redemption. Beated, with 83% completion. I'd have to say I wasn't impressed. I mean, it's a good sandbox game, but I really didn't like the non-coop multiplayer (why in the world didn't they make the minigames playable, like Poker and Liar's Dice) and it's an Idiot Plot where half of the story missions are just filler. A good game, but nowhere near what I was hoping from it, probably 7/10.

Bardiche

« Reply #2856 on: July 01, 2010, 07:27:35 PM »
Tales of Innocence: Four hours further into the game and I STILL haven't switched Luca's weapon. He also STILL hasn't run out of TP ever - on that note, no one has. The AI is quite sparing with the TP, it seems - the exception being Iria due to having a good 25 TP skill that is spammable and that the AI loves to chainspam. From Healer to Greatest Damage Dealer? It's more likely than you think!

Got my party matchup complete. Let's see... Fifteen-year-old brat (probably) x3, then a kid no older than twelve and an old timer in his twenties. Fairly standard jRPG lineup, but the twist is that they're all reincarnations of past heroes!! ... k.

So far I've only seen two cities, finally setting off to find a third. I'm hoping it's indicative of a long game, not "lol i troll u, we only have four cities :3".

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: July 01, 2010, 08:13:14 PM »
Strange Journey - Right, this game exists.  Time to go wander around a large sector looking for a way to disable plot armor.

Tales of Innocence - Kleptomaniac church girl get.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2858 on: July 02, 2010, 12:22:45 AM »
Disgaea DS -

Starting episode 7.

I was not expecting there to be an unwinnable map (duplication dragon) in this style of game and ended up looking up a 'solution' for it as I was sure there was some trick to it I wasn't grasping ._.

If this is the map I'm thinking of, not only is it winnable, but you'll be using it for easy-grinding eventually. It's just designed for a much much higher level than you are, and the storyline isn't going to punish you for not grinding to that point yet. But this is Disgaea, so you could.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: July 02, 2010, 03:56:50 AM »
Blaze Union- Went through Route C.

It is a very straight forward route that consists nothing but:

Nessiah: "Bakana!!"
Nessiah: "Bakana bakana!!"
Nessiah: "Bakana bankan bakana bakanaaaa!!!!"

The route might as well rename itself as Nessiah's Bakana route. His level of fail and screw up has gone hilarious.

Xenoblade- I. HATE. RADIATA. NPCS.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: July 02, 2010, 04:14:25 AM »
I get the feeling Niu likes NPCs having scripted actions based on in game Time of Day schedules!  Just a hunch!

TWEWY: Just beat Josh 4.  Oh look, another plotwist...which I had more less figured out already, so the SHOCK factor wasn't really there.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #2861 on: July 02, 2010, 04:23:36 AM »
Oh, no one figures out that plot twist.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2862 on: July 02, 2010, 05:41:23 AM »

The route might as well rename itself as Nessiah's Bakana route. His level of fail and screw up has gone hilarious.

Sounds like what you'd expect from a Yggdra Union prequel. They have to set up the screwed-up situation that Yggdra inherits.

Do you know how the other Routes play out? Is it just like YU where you basically choose your ending in the final map? Or are there multiple story paths during the main chunk of gameplay?

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: July 02, 2010, 08:43:58 AM »

Sounds like what you'd expect from a Yggdra Union prequel. They have to set up the screwed-up situation that Yggdra inherits.

Do you know how the other Routes play out? Is it just like YU where you basically choose your ending in the final map? Or are there multiple story paths during the main chunk of gameplay?

There is three routes, the splits were determined by what map you choose to play in the earlier half of the game.

Route A is the historical route, which is a full load of tragedy and shows you how Gulcasa ends up as the man he is in Yggda Union.
It is a huge irony though. "理不尽を壊すのだ" he says, yet he himself become the most unreasonable being in the end.
Anyway, Genocide is pure brokenness when you get to use it yourself.

Route B is an alternate route that deals with twins. It reveals why they got abandoned and all that. You'll have to fight Odine, Yggdra's dad, who loves to Jihad you in the face. Anyway, it turns out that the twins got thrown away by an evil minister who is plotting for a coup. This route has two end, one is a happy end where Aegina reunites with Yggdra. Another one involves Emilio lost her mind to her Bronga blood and fuvk things up. The evil Emilio end is there specifically made for the Yggdra haters, she gets killed in that end. Yggdra anti-fans were overjoyed when that end was discovered.

Route C is the happy end route, it has the least amount of casualty in all routes. The content..... well, BAKANA!! BAKANA!! BAKANAAAAA!!! Nessiah literally ran out of his vocabulary and bakana is the only thing he could possibly say. He just kept on digging his own grave, over and over.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: July 02, 2010, 11:20:28 AM »
I've been keeping a log of my FF Challenge, so will just be posting that here. >.> Easier than rewriting stuff randomly.

Wednesday 30th June:
 - FF3: Bought Ice equips and went back into the Fire Caverns. Fire Breath was only a 2HKO now, but was a problem when he used it and then killed Arc in the same turn. Then did the same to Refia. Ingus died a little after this, and Luneth couldn't do anything useful. "Fuck it, I'll attack!" *50 damage, kills* "..." 50 DAMAGE PHYSICAL KILL YESZ. Inside a tree.

Thursday 1st July:
 - FF3: Some trainings around Hein's Castle (Tree). Quicksaved after barely any progress (which was only done because I had spare time while palying FF6. :P)
 - FF6: Lete River Ultros is a bitch. Barely lasted through that fight. Edgar/Terra/Banon scenario is laughably easy. Locke scenario is deceptively difficult, with the enemies in the cave near South Figaro killing Locke and then Stopping Celes. Died again on enemies in South Figaro. Finally got through and got through the siege on Doma. Shadow left just before the Phantom Train, but ghosts and lots of healing got me through that - the boss fight is hilariously easy, and the first of many bosses in this game to have shitty durability in practice. Moved on and got Gau, then got back to Narshe. Very nearly lost on the Narshe Kefka section - kept dying, but somehow managed to avoid them reaching Banon, before beating Kefka on attempt #2 with Edgar/Celes/Locke. Terra flies away, and Edgar/Celes/Sabin/Gau take the castle over to Kohlingen/Jidoor. Saved outside Jidoor. :)

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2865 on: July 02, 2010, 12:36:15 PM »
Route C is the happy end route, it has the least amount of casualty in all routes. The content..... well, BAKANA!! BAKANA!! BAKANAAAAA!!! Nessiah literally ran out of his vocabulary and bakana is the only thing he could possibly say. He just kept on digging his own grave, over and over.

Blaze Union, Excalibur-version?

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: July 02, 2010, 06:26:39 PM »
FFXII- Through the Lhusu Mines and the Leviathan. Halfway to the Rathwall Tomb. Stuck around Lhusu a bit to kill the Nidhogg. That was a bitch, but managed it. Party is Dagger Vaan who also is the item bitch/backup mage, Bow Fran who is the primary healer and mage (though she does cast less than Vaan, since I'm in control of him most of the time), and Sword Basch. Basch has some pretty sick damage at the moment since I got an Ancient Sword from a chest a while ago.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: July 03, 2010, 01:33:40 AM »
 - FF1: Training! Got enough for Fir2/Lit2/Cur2 and went to train near Pravoka. Just a couple of fights there is enough to get Ice2, so got that, some lower levels spells, some other Lv 4s (Pure, Slp2 and Fast) and a few levels. Dreading the Marsh Cave, hate that place. >.< Gonna train to about Lv 13 before tackling there. >.>
 - FF3: Got to Hein with everyone alive, was pretty confident. Until he used Blizzara. Oh. Guess I need more training. >.>
 - FF6: Bought craploads of stuff in Jidoor, re-equipped the whole team. (Hadn't bought new armour since.. South Figaro, maybe? Weapons were from Narshe, though.) After forgetting the order of gameplay, finally made my way to Zozo and.. promptly struggled to survive against repeated SlamDancer fights. Got to the top of the tower, Espers get! Locke/Edgar/Sabin/Celes make their way back to Jidoor and the Opera House, where I blitz the Ultros fight with a lot of Phoenix Downs on Sabin in order to Fire Dance my way through. Over to Vector, where I lose my way completely in the Magitek Factory. After some exploring (and opening EVERY DAMN TREASURE CHEST), I find Kefka, soon followed by Ifrit/Shiva. After getting those, I find the nearby save point. *head-desk* Off up the stairs, where I suddenly realise that, hey, changing Espers is a GUD IDEAR. Boss fight here is lolworthy, more ESPARS kthx.
OKAY WHAT THE FUCK. Since when did Number 128 have INSTANT FUCKING DEATH TO EVERYONE? Fighting, just about surviving, and then *Blaster, everyone dies* Okay, fuck you too, game. Beat it second time round, didn't run into Blaster. >.> Got Terra back and went to Narshe, then the Sealed Cave. Zombie is a fucking EVIL status in this game. Died to Zombie Sabin and Terra. Swept the Sealed Cave on the next run, got to Vector. Tintinabar get! Off to Thamasa, where I blitz the burning building. Man, I remember struggling on that the first time through - HOW?! That was hilariously easy. The cave with the Goddess Statues proves to be simple too, with Ultros being pretty much owned by Phantom right up until the Relm section, which is over in seconds. Saved just after that, and I'm pretty damn happy with today's progress.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: July 03, 2010, 01:45:21 AM »
- FF3: Got to Hein with everyone alive, was pretty confident. Until he used Blizzara. Oh. Guess I need more training. >.>

No you don't. Blizzara OHKOing is perfectly normal. He just doesn't use it often at all, you can cope with just reviving.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: July 03, 2010, 01:59:27 AM »
Hein's difficulty is linked largely to his AI.  He often spends time wasting his turns on shit like status.  Generally speaking, while the EXP you get from bosses rocks, I honestly wouldn't get too worried if someone dies in the process.  Its more trouble than its worth, and you do get fully healed after each boss fight.

Also, your mages shouldn't have problems surviving Blizzara.  Defense differences are pretty drastic, and one of the incentive to using Mages (Red Mage included) is they take significantly less damage from Magic.

That said...

TWEWY:  Josh's arc beaten, onto Beat's arc.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: July 03, 2010, 03:29:34 AM »
MMZC:  Finished the Easy Scenario.  Thoughts on the games:

MMZ:  Ridiculous difficulty, but the three weapons were balanced pretty well (i.e. reasons to use all of them at times).

MMZ2:  A bit saner than 1, but horrible weapon balance.  There is really no reason to use anything but Saber during the game (and Shield Boomerang as subweapon to block).  Chain is wretchedly bad damage.

MMZ3:  Now this actually feels like a Megaman game.  Easiest of the 4 games, especially the bosses.  Back to good weapon balance again.  Also yay Gradius Options and double-jumping.

MMZ4:  Big shift in design here.  The Knuckle probably has some utility if you know which enemies to kill with it, but it's not really worth experimenting with much.  Difficulty is back up, second-hardest after 1.  Although the Gradius Options are even better than the last game - to the point that you actually have to turn them off because they kill things too fast (like when you need a bomb enemy in a certain spot).

SoaL:  Stumbling around the Dark Rift.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #2871 on: July 03, 2010, 09:18:29 AM »
Playing some Dragon Age. Usually my Dwarf runs around smashing in skulls with a giant hammer, but sometimes he likes to fuck.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: July 03, 2010, 10:45:23 AM »
Also, your mages shouldn't have problems surviving Blizzara.
Oh. Guess I need more training. >.>

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2873 on: July 03, 2010, 03:23:45 PM »
Route B is an alternate route that deals with twins. It reveals why they got abandoned and all that. You'll have to fight Odine, Yggdra's dad, who loves to Jihad you in the face. Anyway, it turns out that the twins got thrown away by an evil minister who is plotting for a coup. This route has two end, one is a happy end where Aegina reunites with Yggdra. Another one involves Emilio lost her mind to her Bronga blood and fuvk things up. The evil Emilio end is there specifically made for the Yggdra haters, she gets killed in that end. Yggdra anti-fans were overjoyed when that end was discovered.

Rewriting history prequels are fun!

What actually happens in C route... is it just all-Nessiah, all-the-time? Also, A-path seems like the canon ending needed for Yggdra Union's timeline to work... I'm guessing that this means that C-ending is also an 'alternate route' like the B-endings?

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: July 03, 2010, 04:39:50 PM »
Look, I know you're interested in the game, but could you please take it to PM?  I have no idea if this game has any chance of ever getting over here but if it does I'd like to not know half the plot before release.  Niu is bad enough about spoilers without someone egging him on.