Register

Author Topic: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!  (Read 362637 times)

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!
« Reply #3275 on: July 30, 2010, 03:20:42 PM »
Hey, does anyone know if there exists a database on what classes exist in Phantom Brave and what specials they naturally gain?

I'm aware there's a ton of classes, but it seems like for the most part, I'd never, ever use them all.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3276 on: July 30, 2010, 03:25:53 PM »
NISA released a paper guide that has all that information. Your best bet is to torrent it.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: July 30, 2010, 04:18:23 PM »
So, from what I'm reading about RE5, its basically the same transition the series made from DMC3-> 4, minus the redeeming features DMC4 managed to hang onto?

That's a fairly good comparison. While neither are necessarily bad games on their own, neither of them measure up at all when compared to the one that came before.

Eh, to DMC4's credit, while overall inferior to DMC3, it does a few things flat out better than DMC3, most notably, Dante's styles were handled better if only cause of the Style Switch button existing.  Proud Souls was also cool; being able to go "Man, this upgrade sucks, I want something else!" and trade back was nice, even if I didn't use it much.

RE5 meanwhile, sounds worse than RE4 in every noteworthy way.  Granted, haven't played it, but just about everywhere I hear more or less agrees with this, even people who think RE5 is a solid enough game.

(Pity, cause RE4 was the first RE game I found playable, and I even had a good amount of fun despite being convinced it was not my kind of game!)
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: July 30, 2010, 06:32:08 PM »
From what I've read, RE5 at least does sound like they took to heart a lot of complaints about weapon balance and went for making a huge amount more of them for variety, as well as a larger ammo variance. This may be a false impression(as I never hear anyone talk about it, I've only read about it in FAQs.), but.

It doesn't matter because this was the exact wrong thing to have to go with lower inventory space...but hey.
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: July 30, 2010, 07:07:44 PM »
People complained about weapon balance in RE4?  That's kind of weird considering I found the majority of weapons useful in niche ways.

Unless they mean shit like "Why use the Rifle when the Semi-automatic Rifle exists?" in which case, I jsut felt that was "Some weapons get better variations later on, but it requires throwing away more money and starting back from scratch" which...felt like a justifiable reason for all their existence.  Its not like the game gives you 5 Rifles and you only see use out of two; yeah, Semi-Auto is just better than the standard, but you also get the standard one so much earlier, it has uses just based on that alone, and replacing it with something better is not a bad thing if the better thing is gotten significantly later (Which it is.)

I dunno, weapon balance never struck me as a major deal in RE4, dunno why people would bitch and moan about THAT.

THEN AGAIN, people whine about random shit just cause they can, so expecting intellect out of fans is...well, yeah.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: July 30, 2010, 07:11:21 PM »
StarCraft 2: Tosh is a badass.

Pffft, Nova is way cooler!

Anywho, done with SC2 single player on brutal mode.  Did the extra missions as well to get my Kerrigan ghost icon!  Unlike Brood War, this game actually had some challenge factor.  The final mission on air mode is a pain in the ass.

This game was immensely well done.  They found a way to make the missions unique even though this is an RTS.  You see a lot of the same themes in missions as in BW (collect X resources, use small parties to do X, kill X base, etc.)  However, almost every mission has something special about it that throws a twist into the old "train and kill" routine.

Upgrades also own.  You get to upgrade various units on your ship between missions so you don't have to research stimpack every fucking mission.

The ONLY complaint I have is that most of the missions that introduced new units were usually "mass this unit and win or don't mass this unit and lose."  The major exception was the goliath mission...  Marine/Medic beats air a lot better than goliaths do.

Others shit:

Challenges-  These were pretty fun.  On some you get set units and have to kill set units with minimal losses.  On others you get silly scenarios like defending a 6 pool rush.  They weren't too difficult, but entertaining.

Online play-  Same as beta basically.  5 placement matches and then a league.  My only complaint is that my 5-0 placement teams keep getting put in Gold instead of platinum.  Come on now Blizzard.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #3281 on: July 30, 2010, 07:44:27 PM »
From what I've read, RE5 at least does sound like they took to heart a lot of complaints about weapon balance and went for making a huge amount more of them for variety, as well as a larger ammo variance. This may be a false impression(as I never hear anyone talk about it, I've only read about it in FAQs.), but.

It doesn't matter because this was the exact wrong thing to have to go with lower inventory space...but hey.

The lowered infantry space was a pain in the ass, but on the other hand, not having the game pause while you look through all your shit made things a bit more intense. So there's that.

Crystalgate

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: July 30, 2010, 09:38:04 PM »
Fire Emblem 8: Got to the Phantom Ship.

Well, it's hard alright. It's not fun though. The strategy on this game relies on positioning and the Phantom Ship has tight quarters while spawning a crapload of fliers. I did figure out a strategy which could work though.

1) Memorize where the enemies spawn turn for turn.
2) Place a character who can kill them with his/her counterattack within the range of those spawns.

As it turns out, I don't have any characters who can perform task 2. Either their counter won't kill the fliers or they aren't durable enough to survive all attacks. Without a fast way of killing them, my frailer characters will be picked off. I could fix the problem by grinding in the ruins, but that really boring. Time to put this game on hold, probably permanently.

Dragon Quest VIII: Found and old file near Peregim Quay. That will do nicely since I find the part before Peregim Quay boring.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: July 30, 2010, 09:50:47 PM »
Make sure you're using Seth and Duessel if you aren't already.

The one time I did HM Phantom Ship I found it ludicrously easy, but I did have an RNG blessed, avoid-supported Lute who was basically immune to everything, and Ephraim wasn't far off. Seth is who I recall using to kill off the flyers in the back, though I barely remember them so I can't really offer more specific advice, unfortunately. Oh, and Neimi for the gargoyles. Don't sweat it if a healer dies here since you get L'Arachel this map anyway.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: July 30, 2010, 11:06:21 PM »
Sage-Yes, the weapons are more balanced and there are more of them. There's some templates they still have, like the Red 9 knockoff or the Striker knockoff, but they're far more balanced so you can use whatever you like, really. Also every single weapon can be found without buying it at some point so you have time to play around with them. The problem is that I found money so hard to get that I only managed to fully upgrade a pistol, and was one upgrade off of a rifle, which kinda killed the sense of progression you got from RE4 and also made it impossible to play around with different upgraded weapons. You could argue that I missed too much treasure, but after glancing at a FAQ I don't think I missed too much, and also there's no treasure combining so it's not like the things you do get wind up worse for wear.

Also yeah some weapons were pretty unbalanced. I can't think of a single reason to use the Killer7 over the Broken Butterfly, for example, and you get the latter first for free in addition. There's also the striker, who possibly has the most overkill ultimate upgrade available. The Red9 and the other pistol whose name I can't remember were pretty evenly matched, but the Punisher was awful, the default handgun was only useful as a headshot gimmick weapon, and the Matilda blew through ammo way too fast and was aftergame anyway.

Also the difference between DMC4 and RE5 is that DMC4 actually improved on a lot of things and managed to feel like its own game, while RE5 sucked ass and felt like a lamer version of RE4.

I also disagree re: DMC4 being inferior to DMC3, but that's a discussion for another day.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3285 on: July 31, 2010, 12:39:47 AM »
Hey, does anyone know if there exists a database on what classes exist in Phantom Brave and what specials they naturally gain?

I'm aware there's a ton of classes, but it seems like for the most part, I'd never, ever use them all.

Classes hardly matter - the biggest thing they have that matters is affinity so you slap weapons that benefit from those affinities and get you SP for those skills faster - and their specials usually come out from the get-go. The most notable classes are... Fenrirs, IIRC? and Archers for having initiative, and given it's SRPG -and- it's PB, the advantage is kinda meaningless once you tap into Unlimited Weapon Twinking Works.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Crystalgate

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: July 31, 2010, 12:52:11 AM »
Make sure you're using Seth and Duessel if you aren't already.

The one time I did HM Phantom Ship I found it ludicrously easy, but I did have an RNG blessed, avoid-supported Lute who was basically immune to everything, and Ephraim wasn't far off. Seth is who I recall using to kill off the flyers in the back, though I barely remember them so I can't really offer more specific advice, unfortunately. Oh, and Neimi for the gargoyles. Don't sweat it if a healer dies here since you get L'Arachel this map anyway.

I don't have any RBG blessed character. Ephraim will die if he gets attacked by to many enemies and Lute can easily die if she's attacked twice without healing. Neimi can't kill that many gargoyles, most of them used close range weapons meaning she don't get to counter them. What I need is someone (more than one actually) who gets attacked by them and then kill them with counterattacks. Neimi is good at picking of single surviving enemies though. She could also have been good against the eyeballs, but three hits will kill her and their accuracy against her is 60 Fire Emblem %.

I did somehow overlook Duessel though. I don't know about Seth, at this point I have several units tougher and stronger than him. He may just have the right combination of strength and speed to serve as a meat-grinder though.

In any case, I don't feel like playing this game anymore. Thanks for the tips though, I'll probably pick it up again later.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: July 31, 2010, 03:30:29 AM »
Arc Rise Fantasia - So I got to the first boss.  He triple acts: summon -> fire 3HKO -> fire 3HKO.  My healing couldn't keep up and he's pretty durable, so I lost.  That's pretty damn brutal for a first boss!  Going to try again.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: July 31, 2010, 07:04:16 AM »
StarCraft 2: Tosh is a badass.

Pffft, Nova is way cooler!

Horrible lies!

Well, I've also gone and beat Starcraft 2.  On Normal of course, because I would have broken my desk if I had to reload a mission because it takes 40 minutes.

The ONLY complaint I have is that most of the missions that introduced new units were usually "mass this unit and win or don't mass this unit and lose."  The major exception was the goliath mission...  Marine/Medic beats air a lot better than goliaths do.

That mean you used Wraiths?

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: July 31, 2010, 07:26:55 AM »
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift: Knocking out single player stuff to get my hands and brain a little more used to the game.

Tutorial Mode: Genius and the best inclusion I've ever seen in a fighting game. It'll probably still fall a little short, but having an actual, built in mode in a fighting game dedicated to introducing you to the mechanics and even individual character playstyles? Awesome. I'll actually investigate this at length at some point.

Challenge Mode: Again, a good idea, although already seen in S/SF4. Still, generally improves on it with the addition of the demonstration. Some issues with longer combos and the fact that they scroll off-screen and can't be easily seen, but its forgivable.

Legion Mode: Cute little quasi-strategy mode. Its throwaway, but enjoyable.

Story Mode: Meat and Potatoes of the BB single player experience. Enjoying it thus far. A little more visual novel-esque then the previous game (I think I went like, 10 minutes without a fight on Bang's story) but it works. I'd like to see a little more integration of gameplay and story, but eh. Its... actually pretty enjoyable and I'll go on more at length about this. Suffice to say, the cast has pretty  amazing chemistry and are written vaguely competently. The english VAs are all pretty awesome. Its good times. I remain annoyed the DLC characters will not have story modes.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: July 31, 2010, 07:41:53 AM »
Story/Gameplay integration???
I can't say I agree to the whole "I can't use Yukianesa!!" and "No D button against Terumi!!".

Anyway, gag routes>all
Help Me! Dr. Kokonoe>>>all

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: July 31, 2010, 03:50:54 PM »
Tutorial Mode: Genius and the best inclusion I've ever seen in a fighting game. It'll probably still fall a little short, but having an actual, built in mode in a fighting game dedicated to introducing you to the mechanics and even individual character playstyles? Awesome. I'll actually investigate this at length at some point.

Play more VF4.

DQ9:  Getting a lot of quests done.  Going to the Gamestop event today, so hopefully I'll get 30 guests in my inn.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: July 31, 2010, 04:02:04 PM »
Abe's Exoddus -

Rescued 300/300.

Was as great as I remembered it being, with the addition of getting to see the ingame videos which were not included when I originally played it. Better than Oddysee indeed. Although I would say a fair bit easier. For one example, there are no areas where you have to open a permanent portal before starting to progress as you won't be in any position to open it later, of which there were a fair number in Oddysee.

Maru's Mission -

Decided to replay this for the heck of it. Good times were had.

SRW 2G -

Decided to replay this for the heck of it, but I'm not currently feeling it. Not sure whether I will keep at it or not.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: July 31, 2010, 04:57:25 PM »
man, I need to replay that.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: July 31, 2010, 05:16:22 PM »
Arc Rise Fantasia - Beat that stupid boss.  Ended up getting some more cash to get L'Arc some MP so he can hit that guy's weakness for two rounds.  Think I got a level for a few people there too.  Still barely won.  Only Ryfia and the BROKED GUEST CHARACTER were alive, and Ryfia would've died that round except BROKED GUEST CHARACTER dealt the final blow right before the boss attacked her.  JUST AS PLANNED!

(PS: If all of your characters die, it's game over, even if BROKED GUEST CHARACTER is still alive.)

(PPS: The boss music was terrible and I had to listen to it like six times...)

Crystalgate

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: July 31, 2010, 07:00:42 PM »
Dragon Quest VIII: Cured the emo king from his emoness. Time to go to Pickham and lost my alchemist pot for a while.

The skills I'm going for is Boomerang then Courage for Hero, Fist then Scythe for Yangus, Whip then Staff for Jessica and Sword then Staff for Angelo. I haven't decided what to go for when I've completed those goals. In any case, it's working out nicely so far.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: July 31, 2010, 07:04:00 PM »
You'll probably want to build either swords or spears for Guv so he has offence once the game goes boss-happy (which it will in another 10-15 hours or so). Otherwise, those look good.

Maybe.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: July 31, 2010, 07:16:35 PM »
First part of Schnell Ruins, in which we kill off a bunch of secondary villains who have potentailly overstayed their welcome.

4-8-A (Double Predator Barrage to the face) (1 reset)

Well, okay, despite the battle title, Chelle isn't the most dangerous thing here. That goes to the Stealth Stalkers. If I thought they were bad before, I was a fool. Now there's twice as many of them, they have twice as much HP, and half of them start right on top of me. Oh and they're fast and have good attack that has a 25% chance of instant death, as always. More or less I lose the first time because I don't have Mesmerise, and just can't kill them as fast as I'd hoped, leading them to repeatedly wipe out everyone but Clarissa (Soul Survivor for the win). Clarissa does end up surviving all the way to Chelle (although some of the stealth stalkers still live) but her attempt to cast sleep misses and gets a Predator Barrage as a reward.

Anyway, on the retry, I swap Levin out for Vin so I can repeatedly apply Mesmerise, while the two mages focus on IFF Devastate. Elayne kills the stalkers in two, or can combine with Clarissa for a 2HKO, so this works pretty well. I make sure to keep my PCs together because without a PC in the area of effect of Mesmerise or Devastate, the can't be used, even though neither has any meaningful effect on my PCs.

The top plateau has to be approached carefully as there are two Forsaken Mutants who use nasty status effects (Dispel to the rescue, of course) and Chelle whom you have to seriously respect position-wise if you don't just want to die. Getting her to sleep is crucial, and otherwise I just smash one Mutant with Elayne while petrifying the other. The mutants are the most durable such enemies in the game with nearly 600 HP, but fortunately they still have the elemental weaknesses and status vulnerability.

Chelle gets slapped with stat downs, but most importantly Mesmerise. Since sleep wears off randomly, and she -does- wake up once while I'm finishing off the mutants, Mesmerise is particularly important. Chelle washes all statuses off her if she ever gets a turn while not asleep (stupid triple-acting) so Turn Shift to reapply Sleep. Nothing too bad, but a little scary. I could spoil her badly with evade twinking but that hasn't been an avenue I've really found necessary due to Mesmerise. If I had Extremist armour, though, I could probably spoil this battle in general that way.

4-8-B (BUILDING KINGDOMS OUT OF CORPSES)

Ho hum. Vin doesn't get to play here since she has an earth weakness. Elayne is basically immune to the element, though, so that's a nice boon.

Anyway, Piedras Blancas doesn't really have much in the way of useful status weaknesses (besides Ragnar's Provoke, which can be a reasonably effective lockdown since Ragnar resists earth, but I don't bother). He does have a 25% weakness to gravity, which is notable since his HP is so ridiculous, and horrid evade, though. The Forsaken Mutants on this map have only around 330 HP, but have few (in one cases, no) elemental weaknesses, unlike most.

I move over to the nearest Forsaken Mutant, killing it with Emulator skills as I do, and Piedras moves down to meet me. My basic approach to him, besides healing off his initial rush, is to hit him with the usual stat downs and gravity, while Levin hits him with Cancel Strike to help keep him a bit under control. As time goes on, the other three Mutants suddenly start charging across the field, so I have to deal with them. I do a decent job of eliminating them from range with elements and petrify as usual, but then Levin gets hit with misery, and suddenly Piedras is free. Worse, at his HP range, he's free to use Devour on them. There are some panicked turns of trying to bait and control him, but I'll freely admit I get lucky that he never chooses to eat his ally. Eventually, I lure him into a Cancel Strike where other PCs are around him, and Action Replay it so I cancel multiple turns at once. Aw yeah. From there on it's easy enough to clean up.

4-9-A (Professional villains combine their strategies)

It's pretty much the first two fights against the Tormenta Triad combined into one. So we get a bunch of messy distracting enemies (who aren't very good, but still, chipping in for 40-50 damage when you can't actually kill them adds up) while the brothers themselves aim to set up ludicrous one-shotting damage. This time the brothers are spread out, so I have to choose one to concentrate on. Once again, Lluvia is quite fast (although a bit less so this time) so I opt for Nightstalkers to avoid getting wiped out before I get a turn. An opening combination of Turn Shift, Rush, and Rob Turn sees me stealing Trueno's ability to one-shot me well enough, and from there I'm able to kill him.

Unlike the first fight this doesn't make the remaining battle trivial. The remaining two brothers still benefit from Triple Mind, and, it turns out, this means they can -still- pull OHKO damage to Clarissa with their normal attacks (and not too far from it against my beefier generics) because Nightstalker HP is complete shit. Still, dispel brings them back down to earth, and from there it's just a matter of paying very close attention to which enemies will get turns and healing often to avoid dying from a combination of a real brother (who does about 150 damage) and a clone. Once the second brother dies, mop-up is fairly trivial.

4-9-B (One final torment)

I love this fight. Straightforward, simple, quick, and so easy to die if you don't play it right.

The brothers initially hit for 80-100 damage and act in fairly close succession, but otherwise aren't too scary. I switch back to classes with real HP for this one, and Slow Down one of them to mess with their turn order a bit. Otherwise, I focus on healing. Vin has the lowest MDef so the brothers often go after her, and I respond to this by having her use Forcefield, a random boon of opting for Sentinel OC for this battle. I Devastate and Drop Kick the brothers down into reasonable HP range (Debilitator on Lluvia to increase Vin's hit rate), with Elayne doing most of the hard work. At lower HPs I start chipping them with Electrigger, elements they resist, and Allowance until they're all 1-30 HP away from death.

Finally, I take the plunge, killing the one who is closest to getting a turn (Trueno) with a Clarissa Electrigger. Immediately the other two go up in stats a -lot-, but Elayne has the next turn and shoves Devastate down the throat of the one who is to going to get the next turn (Viento) so we're down to one. Vin has the next turn, as planned, but now she's facing someone with complete godmode stats and has a 0% hit rate on him. Lluvia's also getting the next three turns in a row, but Slow Down makes that only one, and he actually isn't able to one-shot anyone thanks to my good HP (comes close, though!). At this point Elayne gets a turn and although she can't quite break Lluvia's res, I'm able to set up some Turn Shift shenanigans with Clarissa to bring her over and drop Sacrifice on him, winning the battle.

EPIC STANDING ON LAVA

That'll do for today's update.

Maybe.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: August 01, 2010, 02:25:20 AM »
Had some fun at the DQ9 Gamestop event.  Got about 13 tags for my inn, quite a bit shy of the 30 needed to max it.  Got a map with Moai Minstrels and Metal King Slimes, and another level 97 one with lots of S rank stuff including Platinum King Jewels.  Unfortunately normal enemies in there are like grotto bosses at my current levels.  Also got a Slime t-shirt for fucking win.

Also tried Zoma, but his physicals are doing over 300 damage to my Paladin.  Not a good sign.

For those who missed it, there's another event next week, this time at Best Buy.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: August 01, 2010, 04:24:24 AM »
Went to that event as well. Somewhere around 65 guests, which was awesome. Also one guy there was passing out 2 maps of interest, one that has the monsters needed for the Luminary quest(that's the Moai Minstrels, iirc) and another level 24 map that he says reliably spawns liquid metal slimes in a large room on the 4th floor. Nothing as nuts as a level 97 map though, the highest was the 53 one with the Moais.

So I should probably get around to beating the main game so I can mess with this stuff safely, huh?
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist