Register

Author Topic: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!  (Read 362013 times)

Crystalgate

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!
« Reply #3750 on: September 22, 2010, 04:22:27 PM »
Final Fantasy Legends 3: Just got to pureland.

I finished a dungeon and noticed I had over 300k money. This is enough to give a robot the maximum amount of stats I can give it from capsules. I turned Sharon into a robot and then force feed her. The result is a character who has at least twice as much HP and damage as the rest. The other characters are going to gradually catch up as Sharon will barely have any further growth, but chance is the game will end before they ever get there.

I could with not that much grinding turn Arthur into a fully juiced up robot as well, but I have decided to only use one robot. My plan it to try turning him into a beastman one one of the best martial arts moves becomes available. If that doesn't work as well as I hope it will, I'll turn him into a cyborg instead once I get one of the mystic weapons.

Other than that, the game stopped being challenging even before I broke Sharon. The game doesn't seem to take into account whether or not I have an overpowered fifth character with me and what healing magic I have. Healing magic work like this; Cure heals 30% of max HP, Cure 2 60% and Cure 3 fully heals. Bosses have consistently had moves which overpowers Cure, but not Cure 2.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3751 on: September 22, 2010, 05:08:37 PM »
Resonance of Fate: Chapter 13. Gameplay's lagging a bit, which is sad. They mixed it up a bit by reducing party size for a while, but honestly that wasn't really very fun.

However, the Chrismas mission was hilarious and awesome and everyone should experience the thrill of slow-motion Matrix-jumping present delivery to rapid children.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-plTL3jj6U&playnext=6&p=9259435799A9A269

Story's actually kind of cool, so it's too bad that it's so sparse. It kind of reminds me of a Film Noir version of the Wild Arms cast playing around in the Ar Tonelico world (minus the crappy Reyvateil harem plots).

Seriously though: Game, I actually like your characters and story, please give me more than one scene every 3 hours.

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: September 22, 2010, 07:15:15 PM »
Herp, derp, more SoE.  Salabog already:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLGmW98SM1U

While the Flying Monotype Emerald run has been getting easier (and I'll soon have Bagon and Rayquaza to make it even easier) I am somewhat worried about the final stretch of the game.  I still have major issues when I run in to Electric types (especially Magnemite/ton).  Gligar is post-game only, but I imagine it would be good to have around.  It's interesting how I willingly swapped Skarmory out of my team for a Tropius.

Some people seemed to like my Wattson warstory before; maybe I'll do one for the Elite 4 when I get there.  Gym battles haven't been especially exciting, although I didn't know Tate & Liza had extra Pokemon in this game, and they managed to get me down to just Dodrio in the end.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: September 22, 2010, 09:26:15 PM »
Recettear: My god, it's full of Tallychus.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: September 22, 2010, 10:54:23 PM »
What.

DomaDragoon

• Lazy
  • Denizen
  • Boink.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: September 23, 2010, 12:49:47 AM »
Brawl: Cleared SSE, so I consider the game beaten. Meta Knight wishes he was half as awesome as Kirby.

DQ IX: Got to the city with the sakura tree. When do I get to change my job from Minstrel? Also have a female thief, female martial artist, and male mage.

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: September 23, 2010, 01:09:14 AM »
Brawl: Cleared SSE, so I consider the game beaten. Meta Knight wishes he was half as awesome as Kirby.

DQ IX: Got to the city with the sakura tree. When do I get to change my job from Minstrel? Also have a female thief, female martial artist, and male mage.

After you reach Alltrades Abbey and learn the situation there, head eastish (I totally missed this quest when I played the game) toward a tower.  You'll figure it out from there.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: September 23, 2010, 08:12:22 AM »
RS:MS up to ER12, thanks in no small part to Twinmoon Temple, a dungeon you actually need to get in a shitload of fights to get through.  Twinmoon Temple, it seems to me, always gets you over the hump of the game, the early ERs without a lot to do, and sets you up for the shitload of quests that all unlock while you're in it or upon completion of the Ailing Emperor quest you're there for.  Anyway, beat the silver dragon, and I know I'm good enough to get through the pirate invasion and maybe even good enough to beat Pyrix, so Soon I'll be able to recruit Freilei and Silver, yay!  Stat topic completion here I come!  (except for Neidhart, Raphael, Dragon Knight, and Farah.)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 08:18:58 AM by NotMiki »
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: September 23, 2010, 08:18:30 AM »
Recettear: My god, it's full of Tallychus.

The game is stupid, easy and completely and totally full of shit (The only way I have seen that you can lose is for the game to make everything cheap all week, like I had!  Should have save scummed that shit just to piss it off.)

Pretty much Tal imagine Atelier Iris with shop keeper chick as the main character.  Now take away all the plot stuff that I found interesting there and replace it with lolis and faeries.  Pile on 6 times as many anime tropes as any given Gust game.  That is Recettear.

Suffice to say, I think that Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble is a far greater investment of your money and Recettear is making money hand over fist because fuck you internet.

Edit - DQ9 - Why did they have plot scenes?  Finished the game. Plot scenes are frustratingly long in the ending.  zzzzzz if I wanted to watch movies on the bus I would be using my PSP or my phone.  I want to press A a lot and watch things die.  Final boss fight was pretty solid, ate a Magic Burst once and almost earned my first game over (didn't hand out Yggdrasil leaves like I should have, Paladin with Zing Stick Dance died along with my priest), gibbed my Paladin and the overflow offed my priest.  Fun game and well worth the time.  Not worth the insanity that is Japan or the depressingly embarassing advertising campaign  (Which is awkward and pervasive enough that when my brothers asked me what I was playing and I said I was almost finished it they asked if I had got The Gigaslash).

Problems with the game boat boat boat boat boat boat boat boat.  Alchemy reciped are to sparse and reliant on trawling for shit again, but probably better paced out and less broken than in DQ8.  Not sure if it is more or less annoying though.  Getting your stuff straight away is good.  Having to go to Stornway to do it is a drag even with Zoom sometimes, but most definitely is before then, good thing there is like a whole dungeon between getting the pot and Zoom.

Party was like this.

Jim - Minstrel until unlocked Armamentalist.  Stuck there for the rest of the game.  Maxed out Shields, the started on Swords up until Falcon slash and then started past the first skill in Fource (got Fire Fource early for free awesome pimp armour).  Probably the character I screwed up the most.  Shields are a massive disappointment in the main game, I can see them as being a great choice for a third skill to go after and brilliant for aftergame.  During the main game though?  4 or 6% extra evasion as you work your way up does not hold a candle to the attack power choosing a weapon to level would have.  Even still, 58 points in Swords and Armamentalist made him my primary attacker in the final boss and I was never unhappy with my choices.

Jim - Thief with 32 points in Acquisitiveness and unlock +20 health, some points in Knives to unlock Ranger (which I never used) then some points in Sword to unlock Gladiator.  Then became a Gladiator with 55 points in Guts to get Str boost.  Spent some time in warrior also to unlock Paladin.  Then became a Paladin when I hit Gleeba and dumped 100 points into Virtue.  Was stocking points as a Paladin to dump into Axe, would have ended up with 30something in that.  All up my most indecisive character but easilly my most useful.  Forebearance and a stupid amount of Resilience and HP, awesome totally the reason I beat the final boss without to much effort or forethought.  Time as a Gladiator gave a good start into Forebearance and generally being wishy washy with him gave him the most skill points overall without being overly abusive.

Jim - Cleric.  Got like level 15 Mage as well to get skill points to put into stuff, ended up sinking it all into Faith which was pretty much worth it just for the Magical Mending boosts and Care Prayer lets you do stupidly efficient healing.  Rest spent in Spears.  Not much to say, did the job, average at taking damage, average at doing it, incredibly important job done very well with healing.  Boring, but a corner stone.

Jim - Mage.  Got up to about level 15 Cleric for same reasons as above.  100 points in Wand.  Rest in Spellcraft.  Wands and I had a love/hate relationship.  Early on they are useless, then you get free GT damage out of them and they are awesome. You can't attack to get MP back, but you do decent damage for free if you aren't keeping that mana pool up.  Didn't really regret it until I hit Gleeba and you are stuck with Water Maul staff if you don't improve it with Alchemy.  That thing blows hard.  Even before then between Port Laffan and Bloomingdale you are stuck between having a good on use or being able to break defense and get mana back.  It just makes you swap items around constantly and it is annoying as all fuck.  I was supremely disappointed with Wands then.  They gave me a slightly bigger mana pool but that was about it.  They were doing a horrible job of keeping it topped up while my spells just kept getting more expensive.  Crackle is awesome at that point, but you just cannot cast it enough.  Once you hit Batsureg though?  Oh wow they are awesome.  Not because they get good item casts, but because they make your mana pool enormous.  Then you get MP Recover which also doesn't make you regen a ton of MP, but over time, especially with slowly increasing MP drain amounts (seriously by end game you get 3 or 4 MP for attacks most of the time at best.  The MP% absorption for putting points into it are massively underwhelming, the value comes entirely from the MP pool boost and the recovery).  At that point?  Bang/Boom spam commences.  Oh and you also not long after that get one that item casts Bang.  Free MT is awesome, but at that point I was able to support spamming Boom instead, actually had my Cleric swap from his spear to it to use Bang more than the Mage cast it.  Wands are good overall and I don't regret putting the points into them.  They are great for a Mage, it lets you use their skillset.  Cadeceus is got much later than it was on Jessica so it isn't as amazingly good when you get it, but it is MP efficient healing still and generally speaking absolutely fantastic, really rounds out your Mage.    Spell Craft was alright dump spot for points.  Mages are great, fast and with Wands always capable of doing something useful or being able to replenish and be able to do something useful.  Zing Stick Dance is a pretty neat ultimate with my party reward (everyone can use Wands).  Possibly MVP overall?  Handled randoms brilliantly, Oomph lets you go on the offense earlier with your physical powerhouses not wasing a turn with Double Up.  Frizzle seems a little underwhelming, but it is pretty solid damage for MP ratio even against resistant enemies if you have MP to burn against a single target.  Sap has its ups and downs.  Acceleratle shines when it is good and if nothing else lets you setup 2x damage basic attacks if you are against a laughable boss.  Only problem with the mage is that they are definitely much weaker defensively than my other characters and he really felt it at the end of the game (final boss could burst him down in one turn if Paladin was slept, if I had a reset I would have made Paladin immune to sleep with accessory though).  I maybe should have looked into making him some armour with Alchemy.

So overall my only things I can really suggest the game other than to stop being a Dragon Quest game with all your generic grindy complaints.  Make MP Recovery about 60 points into the tree, swap its place with one of those worthless MP absorption talents or shit, maybe give Wands another useful skill.  Stop the boat from being so boat.  Don't have randoms from the second last overworld area commonly encountered in the ocean that is available half way through the game.  Alternately GIVE SOME FUCKING DIRECTIONS WHEN YOU GET THE BOAT YOU STUPID THICK CUNTS.

Game is alright, if you found DQ8 was a game that came out at just the right time because it had been ages since an honest to gods old school grindyish naive RPG came out then this will be a good pick up if you haven't immersed yourself in the DS releases of earlier DQ games.  Otherwise?  Whatever, you can miss this.  It ain't no Planescape: Torment, but much like DQ8 it is what I wanted when it came out, impeccable timing once again.  It is very good at what it does, but what it does is be charmingly naive.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 08:59:50 AM by Grefter »
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: September 23, 2010, 12:09:58 PM »

After you reach Alltrades Abbey and learn the situation there, head eastish (I totally missed this quest when I played the game) toward a tower.  You'll figure it out from there.

Make sure you talk to everyone in the Abbey multiple times.  It is really easy to miss the trigger for this part.  If you have the Bow party skill you did it right.

@Grefter:  I dunno, looks to me like Jim was your actual MVP.

Crystalgate

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: September 23, 2010, 02:43:17 PM »
Final Fantasy Legend 3: Made it to underworld. I know I'm supposed to defeat some sort of entity that floods the world, but I've forgotten most of the story. An NPC would say something in line of "you have to go to floatland/pureland/underworld" but I can never recall even hearing about those places prior to that nor do I know what those places are. Apparently there was some rebels who went to pureland before me. Who are they rebelling against and did I ever meet them? I don't know, but I do know I made it to the underworld.

The bosses suddenly ramped up in difficulty. Twice they killed my whole party except for Robot Sharon who then proceeded to solo it. As a result, she's two or three levels above the rest. She's at level 31 now and any further levels are now useless for her.

Then it turned out I missed a group heal spell which would have made the boss fights easier. I missed the spell because the shop looked to me like an obstacle rather than a building and I only found it by accident. Other than the group heal spell, the shop also gave me the second best martial arts. I took the opportunity to turn Arthur into a beastman and was happy with the result. He is now better at everything than human Arthur was. I also got the first Mystic sword in a dungeon which makes Cyborg a very good class to turn into as well. The mutants has more to lose than humans from turning into other classes, but one of them should be enough so Gloria became more metallic. Curtis will remain a mutant in case I need someone to spam multi target spells.

Things became much better now. Arthur and Gloria has more HP, deals more damage and are much faster. Granted, once they hit level 31 they won't become any stronger from leveling any more, but unless the end is much further away than I expect, humans and mutants should not catch up in terms of stats.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: September 23, 2010, 05:35:06 PM »
NSMBWii - Beat this. Kinda! Bowser was pretty tough for a Mario boss, fairly creative too. Much better than SMW2's final which it obviously references. Got all the star coins in the game except one in 3-4.

Except... wait. World 9? What is a World 9.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: September 23, 2010, 11:42:50 PM »
MMX6

Gate's Lab 1: Ten lives and I never made it past the spike wall.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: September 23, 2010, 11:45:00 PM »
MMX6

Gate's Lab 1: Ten lives and I never made it past the spike wall.

Give up while your Spleen is still intact.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: September 24, 2010, 12:55:40 AM »
I dunno.

By this stage it seems obvious he needs to vent his spleen.
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #3765 on: September 24, 2010, 01:14:30 AM »
What.

See Grefter (minus hate). It is pretty damn easy, but I don't share his other problems with it. It's candyfloss, but amusing enough for what it is. Mostly picked it up out of curiosity (goon translation, apparently. They did a good job, too. It's fluid, conversational English).

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: September 24, 2010, 01:20:37 AM »
FFXII: Beaten, did all the marks up until the last set, where I just decided I didn't feel like doing aftergame, went and beat the game with all Espers but Ultima and Zodiak.

Game was more fun then I remembered it being, though eventually the gameplay did get a little old. plot fights tended to be ridiculously easy since I had the tendency to get sidetracked on the optional stuffs in between all the dungeons.  Gilgamesh was probably the funnest fight in the game of the ones that I did.  Fought his second form with my main three at 45 and the others below 20, which at that level, getting there proved to probably be as hard as fighting him <.<.  Fight took a while, since I didn't bother remembering which chests to not open, so no spear.  Pretty much just used a berserked Basch at critical with a mid tier Katana, with Ashe doing the whole decoy reverse tank thing.  Final boss can go diaf though for making me wait out invuln periods while blasting me with cutscene attacks.

Currently playing through Ratchet: Deadlocked on the second hardest difficulty because I seem to have deleted all saves that would allow me to do the hardest difficulty. currently at the planet before the Ace fight. Game started easy enough, used the Shock Cannon as the main weapon for most of the early levels, because the Twin Rapters suck, and the b6 whatever bomb thing sucks more.  Maxed out the cannon rather early, promptly stopped using it because I still wanted to distributes exp for weapons, so started using the mine launcher, which kills groups of enemies dead and makes me curse when I realize I spammed it out of ammo in 5 seconds.  The token sniper rifle is also awesome especially with the ease of ohkoing enemies without even having to bother to zoom, but also makes me curse about it's low ammo. Around here I hit a mid game difficulty spike because my two current best weapons have a crap ammo supply, and the shock Magma cannon is beginning to trail like the early game weapon it is and not completely massacre groups of enemies, so I end up using the entirety of the low level Twin Raptors 200 odd something ammo to kill the big bad enemies that can kill me in two hits, fun.  Acquired the rocket launcher Devastator which is awesome, but also lacks ammo, and the flail thing, which I don't use because it has a brief lag and using a weapon that lags in melee range of mobs that two hit ko me is not smart.  Will probably finish the game tomorrow and then contemplate why I didn't pick one of the better games in the series to play, but oh well.

Contemplating getting a DS soon since I actually have a job and income again, since I've been having this urge to play a pokemon game yet don't feel like playing a game in the Kanto or Johto regions, which are the only games I have since my sapphire cartridge seems to have gone mia :-/.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: September 24, 2010, 02:13:53 AM »
Famine: ...wait, you mean we actually get a cameo in this game?
Pestilence: I...uh...does being a random colored meteor count as a cameo?
Death: Oh shut up, and just end the freaking story already.

Too bad Famine and Pestilence will never get a role as Pestilence got replaced by Strife while Famine got replaced by Fury (!?!). A shame as playing as Famine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>War.

SMTLC - Game had the effect of making me go replay some DMC games but beside that its been great. Going TDP just for the added challange but if I did take a route I'd choose Yosuga. Yeah yeah its evil blah blah blah and it wouldn't be a great world but I don't see much point of being alive in the other two, and besides from what I gathered Yosuga would really just create what SMT1 is at the halfway point which isn't exactly the worse thing ever and beats the other two.

Wild arms 5 - My game seems to have some issues as the 505 games thing takes a while to come up and the game lags at points (for about a second every battle). This is all under Pal because if I run it in NTSC then pieces of music start failing to play, load times become huge and freezes common. Looking at the disc it doesn't look all that scratched at all, maybe a few tiny ones in the centre but thats it. Its also clean because the game won't start if there is even a spec of dust on the disc which really hampers my enjoyment of the game even if the game isn't exactly that great thus far.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: September 24, 2010, 03:10:03 AM »
FE3DS: Doing a Hard Mode run, up to C10.  Dracoknight Sirius for MVP, clearly.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin: Started this something like a week ago.  Did Nation of Fools, Legion still sucks.

Etrian Odyssey 3: Hoplite/Princess/Buccaneer/Zodiac/Monk party.  Mapped part of a floor, found a lighthouse, haven't done much else.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 03:13:20 AM by Random Consonant »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: September 24, 2010, 03:58:43 AM »
FE3DS: Doing a Hard Mode run, up to C10.  Dracoknight Sirius for MVP, clearly.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin: Started this something like a week ago.  Did Nation of Fools, Legion still sucks.

Got Ice Needles yet? That spell singlehandedly breaks the earlygame like nothing else and is quite viable even at endgame.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: September 24, 2010, 06:00:21 AM »
Yep.  Looked fairly silly from what I saw of it.

DomaDragoon

• Lazy
  • Denizen
  • Boink.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: September 24, 2010, 04:34:11 PM »
Wild arms 5 - My game seems to have some issues

What, besides being WA5? :p

DQ9: Hello, my name is Doma, and I'm a DQ-holic. I've put 20 hours in over 3 days and I'm in the flower city.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: September 25, 2010, 02:01:13 AM »
MMX6: 12 lives lost this time, 22 lost total.  I got some to miraculously drop in the stage.  Spike wall only ate two lives this time, but the bloody lava somehow managed to take two away as well.  The remaining 8?  All on the Nightmare Mother, the bitch.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: September 25, 2010, 03:59:26 AM »
What, besides being WA5? :p

A bit of a cheap shot but its properly well deserved.

Halo Reach - I don't own a 360 but all my friends are big on FPS meaning I've actually played all the halo games. I kept hearing stuff like the ending was the greatest/most touching moment in gaming ever, if such an ending is used in another game they'll be copying Halo and so forth. Not exactly spoilers as if you care about the plot you'll know what happens at the end anyway.

Alone in the wasteland supersoldier Zack is faced with the awesome might of the shinra army who's numbers on the ground are virtually unlimited, their ships in the air componding the hopelessness of the fight.
Not wanting to go out without a fight Zack bashs his way through countless Shinra soldiers but to no avail as after a grueling fight, standing battered he is killed by the few remaining Shinra soldiers.

...oh wait my mistake that was the ending to Crisis core. Reachs ending is:

Alone in the wasteland supersoldier Noble 6 is faced with the awesome might of the Covenant army who's numbers on the ground are virtually unlimited, their ships in the air componding the hopelessness of the fight.
Not wanting to go out without a fight Noble 6 shoots his way through countless Covenant soldiers but to no avail as after a grueling fight, standing battered he is killed by the few remaining Covenant Elites.

Of course I'm not saying that the ending to these to games being the exact same thing is a bad thing, it isn't. Just find it annoying that some Halo fans believe its the greatest ending ever and that if any game in the future has a similar ending then its blatantly copying Halo.
Though I'll give them thats its pretty damn good. I played it in co-op and died first (Bastard Elite gutted me like a fish after I bitchslaped his partner) so it was fun seeing my friend swarmed from all sides. In the end he tried to run but there was no escape, those bastards spawn everywhere.

As for the best character in the game? The Sniper. No I don't mean the human guy, the Covenant one. That dude is one badass motherfucker for flying in capping a main character in the face and then suddenly retreating immediatly. His appearance is so sudden and random it made me laugh so much. Its like Bungie didn't know how to kill the character off in some epic way so they just got a Covenant guy to do a driveby on the group.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: September 25, 2010, 02:54:23 PM »
Pretty sure that scene has been done many, many times before in movies as well.

DQ9:  Loving the Sainted Somas for sale in DQVC this week.  Stock up on those while you can - you'll need a ton of them.