Register

Author Topic: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!  (Read 355833 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!
« Reply #4275 on: November 18, 2010, 04:46:14 AM »
Tactic Ogre PSP- 140000 copies already!? Are people really THIS nostalgic?

Japan

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #4276 on: November 18, 2010, 05:18:24 AM »
Man, I wish an rpg like TO could selll 150k in the states.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: November 18, 2010, 06:03:49 AM »
FE10 - Completed. Kill leader: Oscar. This is reminiscent of, I dunno, FE9. >_>
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: November 18, 2010, 06:13:01 AM »
Shit, 170K already!? Matsuno must be dying of laughing so hard.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: November 18, 2010, 07:09:16 AM »

FE10 bronze weapon (and knife/raven) playthrough - Complete!

Both Endgame-3 and Endgame-5 were quite rough. I just lack any way to control Dragons quickly, so I had to play carefully, and Dheginsea was... kind of a hilarious fight, because I was so offensively inept. Definitely needed the most planning of the playthrough. I pretty much had to use both Volke (6x2 damage with Ena and a +1 power support with Reyson) and Heather (4x2 damage with Ena and a max power support with Rhys), both with Nihil, with Volke getting in 3 attacks per round (2 on the turns Dheg uses MT, which is every 3 turns) and Heather getting in one, to break past his 30 HP regen. Used the following formation:

Code: [Select]
_Dht
KVE_
trY_
Re__

D - Dheg
V - Volke
R - Reyson
K - Kurth
E - Ena
Y - Rhys

Basically, each round was as follows:

Enemy phase:
-Dheg attacks Volke, who counters. Or uses MT, in which case no counter. He has no other legal targets to attack since he won't touch the dragons.
Player phase:
1. Rhys uses Physic on Volke.
2. Volke attacks with Baselard.
3. Ena trades Baselard from Volke.
4. Heather moves up to position "h", trades Baselard, and attacks.
5. Titania moves up position "t" beside Heather, trades Baselard, then cantos to position "t" beside Kurth.
6. Elincia heals Volke, then moves to position "e"
7. Reyson moves to position "r"; chants for Volke, Titania, and the healers; cantos back to his initial position.
8. Kurth trades Baselard from Titania
9. Volke trades Baselard from Kurth, attacks.
10. Elincia heals Volke, then retreats.
11. Rhys uses Physic on Heather.
12. Titania rescues Heather, and takes her off to the right to safety.
13. Someone takes/drops Heather.

Repeat! Of course, during this, there are reinformcents coming, which the remaining PCs are tasked with dealing with. Sometimes things get hairier and I have to use Fortify to get a few more healing actions in, but yeah.

Would have been easier if I'd just got the Ravens to cap strength by this battle, but oh well! Hilariously both capped it from BExp right afterwards.

Less specific to say about E-5. I didn't deploy Ena since she hadn't gained any levels and thus could be one-rounded by the boss, and I didn't feel like seeing that happen, so my offence was quite slow. Nealuchi had Parity, while two mages (Sanaki and Calill) had Nihil and these three were mainly tasked with killing corner auras, along with Micaiah. Soren's hit was atrocious due to Thunder + no hit support (Calill had Elincia) so I couldn't really use him much, so he mainly healed. Rhys had Fortify and used it plenty, between this, E-3, and E-4, I had to Hammerne the damn thing. The ravens also fought auras. Other PCs (Ike, Soren, Boyd, Titania, Elincia when she wasn't healing) weren't really capable of dealing with the boss herself, so hunted spirits.

PC rundown, by kill count (in parentheses):

1. Sothe (128) - Already good, the challenge just makes him by far the MVP of the Dawn Brigade chapters, and as such, the MVP of the playthrough. The weakest of the three knife-users in endgame due to the latest promotion time and having the lowest attack, but such is life.

2. Heather (101) - Hey, the challenge makes her a capable combat unit! Granted, at first, her stats are such that she isn't the GM's MVP, although being the only physical unit with 1-2 range is always useful. As time goes on, though, she picks up more and more, due to her weapons only getting better, supports, and a good promotion.

3. Ilyana (99) - Is around forever. Is a mage, aka the least screwed over type of unit by this playthrough (except knife-users and ravens, of course). Was the worst Sage by endgame except Tormod, so didn't make the cut there. Even Bastian would have gotten in above her.

4. Micaiah (88) - Is around forever, magic power is godly. Only reason she doesn't have more kills is because of needing to spend some time on staff duty.

5. Soren (85) - Mage, is around a lot. No real explanation needed at this point. The worst of the Sages in the final dungeon that I did bring due to meh speed and accuracy, but he was evasive due to the Ike support at least.

6. Rolf (78) - Archers aren't screwed over quite as badly as most physical units because they don't lose greatweapons. Rolf has awesome Str. This made him a solid part 3 unit and an endgame consideration, though not one I took. Pity about Deadeye sucking.

7t. Calill (73) - Mage, is around... okay, not forever, but long enough. Magic could be better, but who cares, SHE ACTUALLY DOUBLES STUFF IN PART 4 YESZ.

7t. Titania (73) - Obvious enough, Titania is always good and high Str is part of that package, so she's still good here. Made the final dungeon because as far as filler units go, ones with canto are the best (see the Dheg strategy), and she was Boyd's support. Getting swords on promotion sucks though, and a Skl/2 non-fatal mastery is pretty lame even if it heals.

7t. Boyd (73) - Crazy speed gains. I wasn't really expecting to get much out of Boyd despite his on-paper Str, but when you get that much speed, sure. One of the best units through part 4, though still kinda underpowered in endgame though the best standard weapon-user possibly. Colossus is awesome and that really matters on this playthrough!

10. Nealuchi (66)
11t. Vika (63) - Hey look it's the ravens. They're not around that long, and they have to play catchup through much of part 4, but the endgame payoff is so damn worth it on this challenge. I doubted how useful they'd be, but yeaah. High attack once they get SS strike (which both of them got around Endgame-1 or -2), great in Parts 1-2, canto, ludicrous durability, it's all good. Nealuchi's the better of the two due to having an extra map for catchup and higher Luck, but the gap wasn't large. Oh, and Tear freaking rocks, 46% activation and it always kills? Heck yes.

11t. Aran (63) - Along with Boyd, my other unit with a crazy RNG blessing. Speed cap wasn't high enough to take into endgame, but otherwise his Str/Spd/Def were all awesome, and we can't ask for much more than that. Skl% mastery helps, even if it isn't a fatal one.

13. Haar (60) - Probably the MVP of the Ike sections of Part 3. Some things don't change. Even with Bronze, Haar had 3-4HKOs on everything, 2HKO when he doubles... which is often. His power is so high that Stun was often fatal, and it's Skl%, and he promotes fairly early, and he flies... yeah. Never a serious consideration for endgame, though good stuff.

14. Ike (55) - Aether is a version of Sol that heals less and kills more often. Good stats, so definitely a solid unit. Crappy in endgame when the standards got way higher (see Boyd comments, Ike wasn't as good. Weirdly). Used a Speedwing on him so he'd double the BK so I could beat him with Ragnell (that fight and the final blow to the final boss were the two times I had to break the challenge).

15. Jill (44) - Being the only non-suck unit in the Dawn Brigade with Canto is worth so many strategic points on this playthrough. Used throughout part 4 where flight is great, despite shaky Str.

16. Zihark (42) - Only Swordmaster worth using! Astra is a terrible mastery skill and his Str was bad, so he survived through part 4 only due to being Jill's support really. In the DB maps, solid due to being a prepromo, all of those are highly valuable.

17. Gatrie (39) - Look guys it's the non-flying Haar. With a better mastery! Though he promotes later, of course, which hurts in a few ways. Still good.

18. Kieran (35) - Other than Calill, the other CRK favourite, due to his good strength and actually sticking around. Easy enough to get up to speed for part 4 duties, so yeah. Promotion does little for him, but oh well.

19. Volke (34) - Guess that works out to an average of 6 kills a map or so? Kinda surprised this isn't higher, but three of those maps don't have many kills, so sure. Anyway, game-best offence, he's essential, etc.

20. Shinon (33) - Str could be better, but he gets to tier 3 easily enough, and his base stats are quite high, so little reason not to use him, even if his part 4 performance was highly forgettable due to combination of bleh power + a bad mastery skill.

21t. Oscar (31) - Str is a problem, so he spent time benched in some part 3 maps where I had a small party (so did Shinon, albeit less often). Still, see Kieran comments, easy enough to have capable by part 4, and while his strength is lower, he's fast enough to double most things, so yeah.

21t. Sanaki (31) - Mage, has high power. These are good! Durability needed work, but I did give her a Seraph Robe so it was okay. Having Light helped her accuracy and mostly served to keep her ahead of Soren in the final dungeon.

22. Tauroneo (30) - DB prepromo, they're good, Luna is good stuff as part 4 filler but the stats weren't great otherwise.

23. Tanith (23) - Level 16 + flies = easy part 4 filler in the Silver Army. Stats were actually solid enough, which was a pleasant surprise. Sigrun's really weren't, though I used her in the same filler role (she got 14 kills, IIRC).

24. Geoffrey (22) - Good enough in the CRK maps, I dumped BExp on him so he'd promote in 4-5 but only barely useful there. Still, filled a slot.

Rhys also deserves note as someone I used all through the game. I think I was wrong to use him over Mist (despite the latter's offence being literally zero), as his low doubledigit kill count showed, although occasionally his chipping was useful, so maybe not. Still, could have used another healer with Canto + her def support. There was also Elincia, a no-brainer while she was around, although bereft of her super-sword her offence was certainly quite bad (not Mist-level non-existant, though). Flying healer still rocks regardless, though.

Longest maps were Revelations (Oliver's map) at 20 turns, Geoffrey's Charge at 19, Marauders (part 3 CRK) at 18, and Rebirth-3 (dragons) at 17. Not really sure what to make of that list, except that apparently the CRK can't really afford to lose offence. Oliver's map being that long is unshocking given how many reinforcements show up if you take your time, which on this playthrough was inevitable. I ended up at a higher level than most of my playthroughs because of how long it took me to kill things in general, most PCs were around Level 15-18, with Heather and Volke at 20.

I have a post to make on Saga Frontier too but it is late, so I'll do so later.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: November 18, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »
Shit, 170K already!? Matsuno must be dying of laughing so hard.

...How much did this game even sell the first time it came out?
...into the nightfall.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: November 18, 2010, 11:53:14 PM »
Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble: I've done all the special areas of previous stages, and have...I have no clue, some stage involving heroes?  Also did the 3 Villain Stage!

More Character thoughts:

Captain Blue: Captain K in a Brawl-like Game, with the ability to Hover!  That's both a good and a bad thing, cause the Hover means unlimited horizontal movement, but he lacks a second jump, so he's got the worst vertical.  Also can use Pikachu-style Thunder.

Captain Blue Jr.: Why is it the most annoying character is often good?  Fuck you and your long range Yoyos, you stupid character who apparently isn't even IN a V. Joe game before this one!

Emperor Jet Black: Hits hard and fast, slices things, and uh...ok, that's about all he does!

Hulk Davidson: Hits things hard...really hard...and is slow as hell with bad jumps.  Exactly like you'd expect basically.

Charles the 3rd: HE HAS UNLIMITD FLIGHT AND PSYCHO CRUSHERS! ...that's really all there is to him; fly, hit things with Psycho Crusher, forget he has anything else cause Psycho Crusher is just better.

Gran Brucer: Shark!  He's probably the weirdest character to use and I just wanted to end the scenario with him ASAP cause of this.

Sprocket: Oh look, she summons Viewtiful Joe Grunts!  Kind of amusing really, even does so in Viewtiful Fights or whatever they're called.

Rachel: Lasers or something; I dunno.  She's a golden robot and that's all that matters!

Movie Fan Joe: He's V. Joe with Soccer Balls instead of Captain Falconness...so much worse by default :(

Young Captain Blue Jr: See Captain Blue Jr. *shakes fist*

Heroine Sylvia: Totally different, she doesn't shoot things, just kind of...you know what? She just kind of sucks really.

Alastor's Other Form: I played him using the Vergil-Alt cause WHY THE FUCK NOT!?  Anyway, he's a weird version of Alastor, and not much else to say.

Manager Jet: Hits things with Footballs and his foot...he's absolutely nothing like his Henshin self really, and not really fun to play as.

Young Captain Blue: Take Captain Blue, make him faster and more sleek and...well, you get the point.  Basically, Captain Blue except not an UOM, which means he's just flat out worse, even if he's technically better gameplay wise, the lack of UOMness overrides!

I'm totally aware most of you have no fucking clue who these characters are.  I can tell you "Fuck Mundus" though cause that fight took too damn long.  Yes, THAT Mundus.  I also don't like Nelo Angelo and...I have no clue what a Marionette was based off of.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: November 18, 2010, 11:59:09 PM »
Young Captain Blue: Take Captain Blue, make him faster and more sleek and...well, you get the point.  Basically, Captain Blue except not an UOM, which means he's just flat out worse, even if he's technically better gameplay wise, the lack of UOMness overrides!

I have taught you well, my disciple.

Lufia DS:  Stuff.

Dawn of Heroes:  Finishing stat topic.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #4283 on: November 19, 2010, 01:05:24 AM »
*skims the Dawn of Heroes stat topic* Heh, this actually looks interesting. I wish I had picked it up while I was in the states now.

I am noticing that DL-wise, most of these characters have a lot of '50% chance to do something that will make or break a match' abilities. Which means that depending on how you view this particular percentage as 'turn 1' or 'turn 2' will send a lot of these PCs up or down a division.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 01:20:28 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: November 19, 2010, 04:57:58 AM »
Saga Frontier - Beat Emelia's quest. Party was...

Emelia - Fist user. Due to being able to change costumes, she can very easily learn any fist move she wants. DSC at the two hour mark of the game without even needing good luck? Why yes, I'll take that. Also got her rune magic just for SoulRune, since apparently SoulRune + DSC = like 19k damage. Silliness. Works much better than Awakening since uh DSC not costing 36 WP is good.

Asellus - Is Asellus, which means she's an excellent swordsman who gets even better against bosses.

White Rose - Light Magic and Time Magic. Fairly generic mystic (low durability, but good stats otherwise generally), but hey, it's the only quest you can use her until endgame, and she was one of my highest-levelled characters coming out of the first Trinity base.

Zozma - Light/Time/Sharp Pain. Sharp Pain and TimeLeap cheese out absolutely everything. I didn't always do this, but yeah. Also joins overlevelled as hell on Emelia's quest, a nice change of pace from Asellus'. Zozma is so silly good. I'm definitely of the opinion he's the best mystic PC in-game, now. Though I still need to check out Mesarthim I suppose.

Liza - I didn't really feel like a second fist user, so she got guns this time. (Fun fact, in addition to her game-best fist list, Liza is tied for the best at learning new gun moves aside from Blue/Rouge. And has a solid sword list. Good balance there.) For a change of pace I had her punch things in some battles so she'd get strength, though not nearly as often as she raised her gun-related stats. Anyway since she's Liza she also learned pretty much every notable fist move, including DSC, just from my doing this. Also got her CrossShot doing quite a lot of damage, which was the point of the build. <.<

So I had probably my cheapest party ever to throw at the final boss: three Deflect-users, a TimeLeaper, two DSCers (one with capped stats due to SoulRune). And it didn't really matter, because due to Saga Frontier-related weirdness, the boss does 1/4 her normal damage to the three mystics in my party. Oh well!

Quest time was about 11 hours, about the same as Red (slightly shorter than my T2 time, notably shorter than my Asellus time, and notably longer than my Blue time).

RIKI is next. I will revel in the Scrappiness of Tanzer, the Magma Slimes, and Virgil, and clearly need to use Mei-Ling the entire game for the frue experience.

Maybe.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: November 19, 2010, 06:33:41 AM »
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Done both routes. Time to do stat topic work (groundwork has been laid down). On to its first game I guess. That or something else I should continue to work on.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: November 19, 2010, 06:42:53 PM »
*skims the Dawn of Heroes stat topic* Heh, this actually looks interesting. I wish I had picked it up while I was in the states now.

I am noticing that DL-wise, most of these characters have a lot of '50% chance to do something that will make or break a match' abilities. Which means that depending on how you view this particular percentage as 'turn 1' or 'turn 2' will send a lot of these PCs up or down a division.

In most cases it's a 50% chance to do double damage, so it's probably easiest to just assume a x1.5 modifier on their normal damage to keep things simple.  The major exception is Yuji's Headbutt, which is indeed pretty much a win/lose situation.  Averaged over time he'd rather use his normal attack than Headbutt though.

Averages are up now by the way.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: November 19, 2010, 08:02:10 PM »
In most cases it's a 50% chance to do double damage, so it's probably easiest to just assume a x1.5 modifier on their normal damage to keep things simple.

This is seriously a horrible way of doing things.  If 1.5x damage OHKOs, then you're saying they OHKO EVERY TIME, which is blatantly false.  They OHKO half the time and don't the other half.

For a better example, let's say the 1.5x OHKOs, but 1x 2HKOs.  The opponent has 33% evade (or some other way of stopping/reducing the damage to not OHKO) and can OHKO back 100% of the time (assume s/he goes second).  Then by assuming 1.5x damage all the time, the chance of winning is 67%.  However in reality, the chance of winning is a mere 33%.

---

While I'm here might as well talk about some games!

Atelier Rorona - Finished this.  Decently fun game overall.  The gameplay's pretty much improved from Annie in all ways, but the characters and character interaction are worse.  Overall, I think they're about equal, though it's hard to compare.

Also, the title movie song is amazing.

Etrian Odyssey - Down to B8F now.  Running Hoplite, Buccaneer, Princess / Arbalist, Ninja.

Hoplite - TANK.  Pretty much does nothing but soak up damage but that's all that's needed.  I just wish spears would keep up with some of the other weapons.

Buccaneer - Went for Pincushion.  The damage on it is really good, but it takes a lot of skill points to get to and uses up a lot of TP.  I think it'll turn out better in the long run, at least.

Princess - Buff buff buff.  Mostly just went for passive healing and Attack Order / Guard Order.  Picked up the elemental Arms spells and Regal Radiance but that's mostly for getting conditionals.

Arbalist - Nukes stuff.  Picked up Armor Piercer and Double Action.  While Armor Piercer's mult isn't as good as the multi-hit stuff other classes get, Crossbows have great power and the Arbalist has good STR so the damage still keeps up in practice.  Double Action only helps.

Ninja - Probably my LVP right now.  Went for the multi-hit skill (Takenoha or something?).  It's decent, but daggers are pretty low in power and the Ninja doesn't have that great a STR score so it's kind of underwhelming in practice.  The durability is bad too, but the evade probably keeps them above Arbalist at least.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: November 19, 2010, 09:23:35 PM »
In most cases it's a 50% chance to do double damage, so it's probably easiest to just assume a x1.5 modifier on their normal damage to keep things simple.

This is seriously a horrible way of doing things.  If 1.5x damage OHKOs, then you're saying they OHKO EVERY TIME, which is blatantly false.  They OHKO half the time and don't the other half.

For a better example, let's say the 1.5x OHKOs, but 1x 2HKOs.  The opponent has 33% evade (or some other way of stopping/reducing the damage to not OHKO) and can OHKO back 100% of the time (assume s/he goes second).  Then by assuming 1.5x damage all the time, the chance of winning is 67%.  However in reality, the chance of winning is a mere 33%.

I meant as far as average damage over the long term.  For an actual fight, you'd have to Hatbot it.  And I provided the numbers so that you can do so.

Same with defense.  The person with 35% evade takes the same average damage as the person with 35% damage reduction over a large number of samples.  But the evader could be lucky or unlucky in a single fight, skewing the results.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: November 20, 2010, 01:08:39 AM »
Etrian Odyssey 3: I've been slowly chipping away at this. Reached B9F, tried going back to complete the rest request on B1F. Man, that FOE section is evil. :(
Oh yeah, subclasses exist. Monk/Ninja is fun - create a clone, gain back HP for using a skill, then gain TP back when the clone dies? Lulz. Also have Hoplite/Prince, Arbalist/Buccaneer, Farmer/Wildling... Still can't decide what to do with the Zodiac, though, so haven't done anything yet. ;s

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4290 on: November 20, 2010, 05:47:19 PM »
DeathSpank - Beat! This game is full of corny greatness, and it's a fetch quest grinding machine. But I strapped on my man thong and trudged forward. This game was already purached because my friend had downloaded it bfore he shipped off to the army, but I doubt I will buy the second game. I beat the game at level 19, so I guess I didn't unlock all the trophies...

Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgement - Bought this because, eh why not! Decent enough, art work is kinda neat, but it takes awhile to get used to. I am not sure who is this best party member, but I'd guess one of the bow users. I am in chapter three right now and trying to check every map for those bonus dungeons.

"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: November 20, 2010, 06:17:32 PM »
FM4- Just beat the first La Aliazina battle, a bit under halfway through the story missions.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: November 22, 2010, 12:56:31 AM »
Lufia DS:  Did a full 100-floor run of Ancient Cave, but didn't get much of value.  Was I supposed to get something from the Master?  He didn't even damage me and I didn't get anything from him.  Then beat the Doom Island bosses again.

I did *not* expect the extra boss fight.  I remembered Niu saying there was one, but I thought it was with Arek for some reason.  Alternate ending was great, even made me cry.

Got 7 Dragon Eggs, missing #3 from Soma Temple boss.  Never could figure out a speedy strategy at the time.  Now I have one (Selan+Charge 3).

Is there anything special on a 3rd playthrough?  I see there's two stars on the savefile instead of one.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: November 22, 2010, 02:00:10 AM »
No,  you did pretty much everything but the Egg Dragon.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: November 22, 2010, 02:39:36 PM »
Question: What does FE9 hard mode change, besides increased enemy stats and Ashnard moving?
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: November 22, 2010, 03:11:50 PM »
-Somewhat less bonus experience.
-Probably around 15-20% more enemies (varies by map), and you get 5 less exp per kill to balance this.
-Fog added to two maps (one of which was too bland/easy for words beforehand anyway, the other of which is short). Fog is pretty lame but FE9's version is fairly inoffensive because it's just those two maps.
-Some weapons show up a little later in shops than they used to. Nothing disappears entirely, as far as I recall, though.
-Laguz royals are virtually irrelevant as they only join for the final Ashnard fight.
-Boss Naesala uses his Laguz Band so you can't just wait for him to untransform.

Think that's it? There's some map-specific things as well of course (like if thieves show up to raid treasure, they'll probably do so a turn or two earlier on HM) but that should cover everything significant.

Maybe.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: November 22, 2010, 08:45:09 PM »
FE10: Edward has more defense than Nolan. Bwahahaha. His blocking of axes with his face is SUPER-EFFECTIVE.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #4297 on: November 22, 2010, 11:30:44 PM »
FFTA2: I started playing this during my bad experience with being late to school due to cosmic interference and the sudden lack of working electronic devices anywhere in my vicinity. And it was just such a charming, simple setup that it really brightened my day with an hour or so of uncomplicated escapism. I really like the new artstyle and I hope they continue to use it for the Ivalice games. Yes, I'm aware it's the same artist as FFTA and FF12RW, but the artstyle got a lot more detailed and little less deformed since those two games and it actually looks impressive now.

Can't really comment much on the gameplay yet as it's still a bit too early/easy to tell what kind of challenge it might pose and whether it'll be fun when it's less mindless.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: November 22, 2010, 11:58:58 PM »
Eternal Poison -

*Marie.*

*loloverkill.*

Good times.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

DomaDragoon

• Lazy
  • Denizen
  • Boink.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: December 03, 2010, 01:52:36 AM »
FFTA2... challenge...

Bwahaha! You might be waiting a while for a challenge from FFTA2 - it's pretty easy right up to the end of the storyline, and a fair bit afterwards, but once it decides enough's enough it outright cheats to try and break you. Stupid Tor and final tournament... Anyway, the adjustments to the law system were definitely welcome, but it didn't make the game any harder.

M:tG: Duel of the Planeswalkers - In hopes that the 3rd DLC comes out soon for the 360, I've set up a dummy account and am unlocking stuff so I can do some Co-Op duels (not online, though).

Tempura of the Dead: On Level 15, grinding so I can buy the next set of upgrades.