Register

Author Topic: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!  (Read 362235 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!
« Reply #750 on: February 12, 2010, 03:34:14 AM »
FFTA2: The game just handed me a Moogle Bard.

MOOGLE BARD.

I don't need to say anything else...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #751 on: February 12, 2010, 03:53:33 AM »
So, what relevance in ME2 does killing the Rachni Queen have? I killed it because Wrex told me to and so I figured it was a good idea just like everything else he suggests. Is there a cool Rachni Rescue I missed out on?

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #752 on: February 12, 2010, 03:55:04 AM »

MOOGLE BARD.

At least it's not a Moogle Songstress?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 12, 2010, 04:05:49 AM »
Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes - Man, this is fun, mindless and crazy stylish. Beat Oichi Mode - AKA Bitch Went Nuts: The Game.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 12, 2010, 04:22:24 AM »
ME2 -

Recruited Mordin aaaaaand.... Archangel.

Fuck yeah.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 12, 2010, 04:48:58 AM »
He is my hero.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 12, 2010, 05:22:53 AM »
AI3: Started playing this. Pretty good so far. Biggest complaint is just the amount of travellng needed since you're running around gathering ingredients and doing quests. Doesn't sound bad, but it wastes quite a bit of unnecessary time. I also wish that the flow of the game didn't make you participate in like 6-7 quests before giving you actual plot. It makes certain moments (like the one where I am at now!) kinda retarded. But oh well, Gust plot. Battle system wise is pretty good. You rape things pretty much under Burst, but the game's designed such that getting there isn't always easy. Game still isn't hard mind - just that at the very least, enemies are designed to try to prevent this. That's something!

I am also about to fight the boss that is actually faster than Belial. And no, his name is not Dhaos. In the meantime, remind me to beat in RICHARD that he needs to play WA4. Beat it into him. Daily.

FE10: Speaking of units that you don't use, I went through a portion of this again. Of course, since I am not insane like NEB, I do not play it on Hard mode but instead play it on Easy mode because I am a giant wuss. Gave Rhys and Boyd a try. Surprisingly, Rhys manages to get to 20 speed at level 14. Since I am on Easy mode, I shall also be attempting to dump EXP on random ppls, absolute suck like Astrid excluded.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 12, 2010, 06:11:56 AM »
Cross Edge Hard mode - Been at this a devil summoner hasn't yet arrived :( Got through up to brosst 3 and then the event "Nikran Fire Spot" glitched on me....  >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( :'(
Yeah I'm never playing this again unless theres somehow and I doubt, a way to unglitch the game. I'm not one to sell games but selling CE seems very appealing right now. No game I've had has ever reached this line and I've played Dragoneer's Aria.

Unless theres a DLC weapon that completely overkills everything up to the final boss. Then I might replay as it would take no effort at all to get to where I was.

Someone is responding properly to netherworld game, at last.
And yes, some pricey download weapon is game breaking for the main game.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 12, 2010, 07:35:13 AM »
3000 is the rough rating on all of them right? Not bad but I don't think they'd make everyone jokes for too long, it also seems pointless sinking more time/money into a game I don't like.

I blame Namco, Gust and Idea factory for all this. Gust added the lag (Play MK on the psp for their previous work) to annoy while Namco and ID combined their crap facter to fuck up the games plot, battle system and hell, everything in general.
I refuse to believe the other two had any part in this crime at all. NIS characters were fine and there was only TWO of them. No way they did much towards getting this game finished. Capcom also couldn't have done much as the darkstalkers are fine and there isn't even one Jill sandwitch level of awesome either.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 07:37:18 AM by Rozalia »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 12, 2010, 07:50:49 AM »
KotOR - Aaaaaaaand beaten.  Way to belabor an otherwise easy fight with an annoying gimmick, Darth Malak.  Well, annoying for me since my build was probably sub-optimal but still.  Didn't save Bastila but nothing of value was lost so... yeah.  Probably could have dicked around a bit more but eh.  Game has its hangups (movement control could be better, INCOMING FIGHTERS got tiresome, and the overall cast could have been better) but I'd say it rates about a 7.

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 12, 2010, 07:52:06 AM »
You do realize the game was only really developed by a subsidiary of Idea Factory, right? [to rozalia]

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #761 on: February 12, 2010, 08:11:02 AM »
Hey, I still play games!

Not wanting to sink a lot of time into Mana Khemia on Thursday, I stumbled across a perfectly legal copy of Vandal Hearts and thought "Well, I can at least see what it's like to get an idea for voting purposes."

And, my initial impressions were pretty good. Simple gameplay, but engaging enough that I played up to the pirate map in one sitting. Also, there's a PC named Grog Drinkwater. Why is this man not ranked?

Anyway, so after I got done laughing at the ridiculous voice of the narrator, I noticed that the plot seemed kinda sensible. Holy Empire gets corrupted, nobles start oppressing the working class. Logically, peasants rebel! However, unlike ever other peasant uprising in history which ends with "and the peasants were brutally suppressed", this group lucked out and got a magic-using tactician to lead them. Now, for the fun part. Many years later, it's the -Nobles- who are being illogically oppressed by the former working class leaders. Our antagonists are freedom fighters taken to their logical extreme. Kane seems like an overzealous kid out for revenge and has developed a taste for blood. Political intrigue is surrounding everything and Ash is stuck in the middle of it due to his 'treacherous father'.

Well, it seemed cool anyway. Then about 2 minutes after I had these thoughts, Dolf walks up to Kane and Kane says "Hu hu hu, I like you, you're almost as evil as me!"

...Way to drop the ball, Vandal Hearts.

Still, GROG DRINKWATER!!!

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 12, 2010, 08:41:20 AM »
KotOR - Aaaaaaaand beaten.  Way to belabor an otherwise easy fight with an annoying gimmick, Darth Malak.  Well, annoying for me since my build was probably sub-optimal but still.  Didn't save Bastila but nothing of value was lost so... yeah.  Probably could have dicked around a bit more but eh.  Game has its hangups (movement control could be better, INCOMING FIGHTERS got tiresome, and the overall cast could have been better) but I'd say it rates about a 7.

Same thing I usually say, KotOR2 is a lot better, especially with the restored content mod, your characters don't always get along and the villain is one of the best in history, yadda yadda. It's Empire.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 12, 2010, 09:24:59 AM »
You do realize the game was only really developed by a subsidiary of Idea Factory, right? [to rozalia]

I remember reading that the others contributed to the effort while ID was the main developer. Then again Wiki and gamefaqs aren't the most reliable of sources so I should have checked.

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 12, 2010, 10:05:42 AM »
Niu would know more than me and especially more than those other two on that subject...

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: February 12, 2010, 12:21:18 PM »
So, what relevance in ME2 does killing the Rachni Queen have? I killed it because Wrex told me to and so I figured it was a good idea just like everything else he suggests. Is there a cool Rachni Rescue I missed out on?

If you freed the Rachni Queen in the first one there is a scene where someone that was rescued from pirates by the Rachni has a chat with you on her behalf pretty much and says that they are chilling and hiding, suggests that the original Rachni war was instigated by something fucking up the Rachni since these ones are generally speaking pretty chilled.  Implied to be Reaper involvement somehow, either directly or something ala the Collectors.  Otherwise I think she gives you hints to some stuff and might help you get a store discount on Illium or something.  It isn't a huge aside, but it is something.

Also yeah Bioshock came out like Thursday last week or something man.  It is apparently not overly stunning as reported from shooter players I know.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: February 12, 2010, 03:19:39 PM »

MOOGLE BARD.

At least it's not a Moogle Songstress?

I think you missed the point.

Moogle Bard was being hyped as an AWESOME thing.  Don't you dare compare it to a MOOGLE SONGSTRESS <_<
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: February 12, 2010, 03:34:53 PM »
To be fair, it's not exactly CLEAR there whether it's hyped as awesome or awful - kind of open to interpretation...
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: February 12, 2010, 03:47:23 PM »
Obviously, that's what we need for the Olympics.  Interpretive Rants.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: February 12, 2010, 04:21:38 PM »
Hey, I still play games!

Not wanting to sink a lot of time into Mana Khemia on Thursday, I stumbled across a perfectly legal copy of Vandal Hearts and thought "Well, I can at least see what it's like to get an idea for voting purposes."

And, my initial impressions were pretty good. Simple gameplay, but engaging enough that I played up to the pirate map in one sitting. Also, there's a PC named Grog Drinkwater. Why is this man not ranked?

Anyway, so after I got done laughing at the ridiculous voice of the narrator, I noticed that the plot seemed kinda sensible.

Well, it seemed cool anyway. Then about 2 minutes after I had these thoughts, Dolf walks up to Kane and Kane says "Hu hu hu, I like you, you're almost as evil as me!"

...Way to drop the ball, Vandal Hearts.

Man, wait until the plot trainwrecks into time travel.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 12, 2010, 06:16:37 PM »
Good: ePSXe running well on my computer!
Bad: Internet isn't, meaning I'm on my shitty old laptop to write this.

Good: Beating Wiegraf on my first try since sorting out ePSXe!
Bad: Realising I died against randoms after that and hadn't saved.

Long story short, Wiegraf is back to being a bitch. Whoops.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: February 12, 2010, 09:10:28 PM »
I blame Namco, Gust and Idea factory for all this. Gust added the lag (Play MK on the psp for their previous work) to annoy while Namco and ID combined their crap facter to fuck up the games plot, battle system and hell, everything in general.
I refuse to believe the other two had any part in this crime at all. NIS characters were fine and there was only TWO of them. No way they did much towards getting this game finished. Capcom also couldn't have done much as the darkstalkers are fine and there isn't even one Jill sandwitch level of awesome either.
* Talaysen facepalms so hard.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: February 12, 2010, 09:10:36 PM »

If you freed the Rachni Queen in the first one there is a scene where someone that was rescued from pirates by the Rachni has a chat with you on her behalf pretty much and says that they are chilling and hiding, suggests that the original Rachni war was instigated by something fucking up the Rachni since these ones are generally speaking pretty chilled.  Implied to be Reaper involvement somehow, either directly or something ala the Collectors.  Otherwise I think she gives you hints to some stuff and might help you get a store discount on Illium or something.  It isn't a huge aside, but it is something.

Also yeah Bioshock came out like Thursday last week or something man.  It is apparently not overly stunning as reported from shooter players I know.

So what you're saying is the big rescue from the reapers where Wrex smashes through a wall riding the Rachni Queen is going to be in Mass Effect 3.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: February 12, 2010, 10:12:42 PM »
Lag in XEdge was a bit of an annoyance, but it honestly wasn't that bad.

Plot was... uh... well. What were you expecting, exactly? It was a silly crossover game. Worked fine to me.

Battle System gets a similar question. What were your problems?

And, to follow that up, what sort of glitch did you get anyway?

More to the point, though, honestly, NIS is certainly not blameless. After all, they are responsible for NISA, who deserve a swift kick in the ass.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 10:16:16 PM by AndrewRogue »

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 12, 2010, 11:19:11 PM »
Lag in XEdge was a bit of an annoyance, but it honestly wasn't that bad.
Wasn't that what I said?

Plot was... uh... well. What were you expecting, exactly? It was a silly crossover game. Worked fine to me.
If the game had a bad plot in the sense it was silly and odd, fine. Making all plot scenes not involving Lazarus, Dimitri and Jedah boring as dishwater is not fine.

Battle System gets a similar question. What were your problems?

Repetive system that makes you use the same combos all the time against the same palette swapped enemies. Many games use palette swaps but this is the most offensive.

And, to follow that up, what sort of glitch did you get anyway?
Event either glitched or the timing that you have to do it in is messed up. I did two events that have no relaation to the event I missed before looking for it, games shows me the finger. One of the costumes has also glitched on me but I can live with that. I could have missed something myself but its so much easier to blame the game as its true end requirements are stupid to begin with.

Anyway Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army has arrived so Huzzah. Getting to grips with the system at the moment which caused me to be killed by some random gremlin things in the city all because those bastards cornered me.
The gameover scene is awesome though as it seems if you're a Kuzunoha you get to take your awesome hat into the afterlife.