Register

Author Topic: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!  (Read 362177 times)

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!
« Reply #825 on: February 16, 2010, 06:18:27 AM »
What would any hot-blooded Big-bearded walking Russian Id want with aphrodisiacs, silly?
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 16, 2010, 02:34:32 PM »
ME2:

Rad game. Garrus is the goddamn Batman, and I love it.

"Archangel? That's just something the people have started calling me, for my good deeds."

Also I got to cross that bitch reporter the fuck out.

Part of the fun of playing KotOR right now is that "The sooner I get done playing KotOR, I can play Mass Effect.  The sooner I get done playing Mass Effect, I can play ME2."

In other words, hate you strago

I hear that. I'm already making plans for a full ME/ME2 Renegade mustachioed dude-Shepard playthrough, once my badass red-head Paragon lady-Shepard has saved the galaxy.

I'm thinking maybe that Renegade Shep will be some sort of Biotic, since so far I've only gone Infiltrator in the first and now pure Engineer (which is fun as hell) in the second.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #827 on: February 16, 2010, 07:44:28 PM »
I'm a Vanguard and I find it quite enjoyable, though my biotic abilities (except Charge) weren't that cool until I got Slam from Miranda. Slam is fucking awesome.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 16, 2010, 08:30:45 PM »
Heavy Rain Demo: Intriguing concept on the whole. Walking and camera were clunky, but everything else went pretty smooth for being, in essence, a game comprised of endless QTEs. Graphical glitch was freaky, but didn't occur on a second play. All in all, gonna pick it up out of curiosity based on the reviews thus far and the demo.

Bioshock: Started this up again since I hadn't beat it back when it was on my old compy and was in the nearly unplayable graphics range. Currently hunting for a telekinesis plasmid. Lightning Plasmid + Weapon have been pretty sufficient to deal with anything I've run into. Wrench Jockey is providing me a plasmid-less option for combat though, since I ream most things I hit, currently.

Capcom vs SNK Card Battles DS: Fuck the goddamn "trade me these cards" levels.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: February 16, 2010, 09:29:38 PM »
inFamous- Got frustrated with blast shard hunting, beat the game. Luckily, that last swath of territory was from the story. Hunting down the last two stunts. Where will I find three enemies on a rooftop? Can't quite get it to work with the three Reapers that spawn on the train tracks. Also need to do the grenade bouncing one. Still also finishing up The Hunger and High Fall Takedown trophies as well.

I've heard conflicting reports that any of the 350 blast shards are missable. I'm fairly sure the ones from missions count towards it, but people say no. Still have 6 to go at any rate.

Crystalgate

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 16, 2010, 11:52:21 PM »
Dragon warrior III (opinions and other crap): All things considered, I found it enjoyable. I do wonder though how enjoyable I would have found it without a frame-skip button and FAQs to consult. Of course, there are a lot of newer games that made me wish I had a frame-skip button.

Let's start with the story. I did not expect the game to have a good story. A big evil is threatening and you have to stop it and then no more. I will however say that the way I wrote the heroine does have parallels with how I felt. When the spice dealers daughter got kidnapped, I did not give a crap about rescuing her. I just wanted the ship. The Orochi quest could have worked for me though. The writers did a decent job with the dialogs. Parents were worried about their daughters getting sacrificed, the girls themselves being worried about getting sacrificed and so on. The unsubtle hostility from the village leader and the actual boss fights being bullshit didn't help though, the latter could have been avoided had they given the main character Healmore earlier.

Still, my only real beef was the second world. The second world I think is made to look similar to the world in the first Dragon Warrior game. Unfortunately, Dragon Warrior III had far better mapping (despite the map looking like that of our world) than the first Dragon Warrior, so I don't think trying to emulate it was a very good idea. Further, night in this game isn't very atmospheric, grass turns blue for example. As such, making the second world have eternal night just made it duller.

I found battles are rather fun for being the standard unquirky turn based system. Enemies are different enough from each other that I consider it worthwhile to choose your target and what spell the mage should cast. Offensive spells from the mage also does more damage than physical attacks, so that's a plus although enemy resistance giving the monsters a chance to completely negate a spell rather than reducing it's damage by a percentage put a damper to it. Still, just having enemies who encourages you to adjust your strategies is a concept amazingly absent in RPGs.

I really wish the game designers didn't try to make the hero equal to the rest early and awesome at the end. The hero learns Healmore at level 29 and Healall at level 33. Further, while the cleric will have the Healmore spell early enough, that spell will for a long time heal half or less of a character's max hitpoints. That combined with the hero getting it way to late meant that there couldn't be any meaningful boss battles until near end. Dragon Warrior IV did a far better job with the hero.

Anyway, I think I compile my writing sometime tomorrow rather than waiting until I'm done with the sidequests which I may not even finish.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 16, 2010, 11:55:32 PM »
Are you playing the GBC or NES version?
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #832 on: February 17, 2010, 12:37:48 AM »
IIRC, the second world of DQ3 should be exactly the same as DQ1. Right down to that spiral-y basement in Zoma's castle, which is where you find a piece of Loto's equipment in DQ1.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 17, 2010, 03:46:51 AM »
What would any hot-blooded Big-bearded walking Russian Id want with aphrodisiacs, silly?

Well whatever they do they can get their own aphrodisiacs. They cost Raidou 1000 yen a pop you know.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army - Raidou's reporter friend finally got the big scoop she's always wanted, a big cheese army man wants to cough up some info on strange goings on. Tae (the reporter) is afraid the army might find out though so she needs a bodyguard and Raidou being the slayer of not one, but three Red Capes is the perfect man for the job.
On the way though Raidou's pride is dashed a bit when he finds out the army defeated a forth Red Cape. Oddly this is the only Red Cape with "The" in front of its name when people refer to it. Maybe its the final boss or something because that is fishy as hell.

Anyway Raidou arrives at the army base but finds the army man isn't there so he messes about with a cannon for a bit. Pulling pranks on the army by using demons is a pastime close to Raidou's heart. Unbelievable as it seems Tae is kidnapped when Raidou is away, she simply vanished. Raidou is no fool and he sees the pattern quite clearly, when someone vanishes into thin air then the dark realm is to blame, or russian men one of the two.
Warping in he finds the big cheese army man stright off, Moleman. Before getting the chance to talk some weak Zombies from three chapters back make an appearance or well. After saving his live Moleman simply isn't inpressed enough to spill the beans and says he'll only tell me if I do a fetch quest for him.
Raidou was trained in the subject of fetch quests so its a snap. Moleman now inpressed tells me about the army building a..................................SOULLESS ARMY!!!!!!!!

Moleman says these guys are near unbeatable but Raidou wiped them out easily enough three chapters ago so this guy might be overeacting a tad but anyway, Raidou gets his next mission: Storm the armies underground island fortress.
It has awesome music at least because the storming isn't very....well stormy, the base just has a lot of breakable walls nothing special really. Raidou does at last find the missing girl from chapter one though, tied in some bondage rope (while blindfolded) soaking up her blood while some old army general leers over her.
Raidou does the math though and attacks the pedophile who counters with some well placed minions. who for all their talk aren't very strong. Raidou has at last saved the girl but what awaits him now?

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: February 17, 2010, 04:29:15 AM »
ME2- WHY WON'T THE YEOMAN LET ME FUCK HER? If I don't bang her she won't feed my fish.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 05:24:45 AM by Rob the Stampede »

Crystalgate

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 17, 2010, 05:06:53 AM »
Are you playing the GBC or NES version?
GBC.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 17, 2010, 08:39:46 AM »
So in my first game, I let Conrad Verner get wasted because he was too dumb to live. But this time, he's alive and I met him in a bar. He explained to me what it takes to be a hero.

"Well, normally I just walk up to people looking like I want to talk. Most of the time they just tell me their problems, and sometimes I go in their houses and search their stuff for money."

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 17, 2010, 10:53:18 AM »
ME2- WHY WON'T THE YEOMAN LET ME FUCK HER? If I don't bang her she won't feed my fish.

Gotta wait until the game's over. ME2's one of those games that lets you keep playing a clear save.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 17, 2010, 01:34:04 PM »
Crisis Core- Final dungeon (I think) I have found a LIGHT materia :P L40 ok for this area?

Oh and I bought Healing Wave, Lucky Stars and Rush Assault DMW materias =-)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 01:37:40 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 17, 2010, 07:41:32 PM »
Buy all the DMW Materia; they make getting Genji Armor a lot easier (obviously, you equip one of them for a while until you get all the DMW scenes, then swap as you need things!)

Level 40 is fine, for that matter; heck, I think I beat the game at like 33 or some such.  Levels don't matter much though, Materia builds are more important.  levels do matter...when in massive bulk.  You'll typically gain the levels you need for optional stuff by just casual fighting, such that you'll be over 90 by the time you fight Minerva (assuming you're dedicated enough.)

And if you found a Light Materia, yeah, final dungeon.  BEWARE THE POWER OF PLOT MATERIA THAT IS JUST A FANCY NAME FOR KEYS!?
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: February 17, 2010, 09:24:11 PM »
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Completed.

As mentioned earlier I missed Tiki. I did get the Falchion, and knew the trick to get to 24x anyway, so I used that. Probably a good thing I did. Marth got doubled by Medeus and my plan to one-round him with a forged Wyrmslayer fell through when he was strangely not weak to them. 'sokay though, Nagi did 80% of his HP in one hit so none of his other scary stats really mattered. I could probably have managed anyway with Catria + Athena + two staff users but Nagi made things pretty easy.

Game time was 26 hours or so, got all the sidequests except 12x (curse you, Arachneian knights, I should have slaughtered you all in the chapter you joined). 26 hours is short for FE given I played the entire game with animations on + watching all scenes + my usual fairly long time in battle preparations. Maps are shorter than the norm which overall I am inclined to welcome? I do like some epic maps in FE (might have been nice to see this game try one or two at least) but multiple consecutive battles of 50+ enemies do get tiresome and I was glad to see this game dodge that. Longest battle in terms of time was Chapter 4 at 1:25 but I suspect I left the game on while doing something else here, otherwise the longest battles topped out at around an hour.

Kill leader was Caeda at 94 followed by Abel at 90 and nobody else was particularly close, Athena and Barst were the distant 3rd/4th in the 60's.

Overall, I've covered the game already. The plot is laughable, but that's FE1 for you. This has a trickledown/related effect that hurts gameplay as there are just way too many characters and you have no reason to care about most of them. Even FE6, the game in the series which suffers second most from this, does a far better job about it. Getting back to the plot, yeah. Game really fails at making you care about the sympathetic villains (I honestly don't recall hearing about Michalis until the battle you fight him, but the game implies that I should have...), only one serious villain has presence (final notably does not), PCs have no presence because they might die (and Marth and his advisors are cardboard cutouts). Just kinda bad on this front!

Gameplay-wise, well. I miss shoving and rescuing, they add a lot of options to the gameplay and the game was worse for lacking them. (Warp Staves being very usable makes up for this a little, but not enough.) No Canto (even after trading) either, which while balanced is probably annoying. Evade was... basically not an option as a reliable strategy since evade is literally half what it is in other games, plus weapons are more accurate in general (e.g. 100 hit Iron and Silver Swords).

Sidequests... well, part of me really likes the fact that it was very obviously aimed at the MUST NOT LET ANYONE DIE players to try to break them of the habit. Of that I approve. However killing off your own people is a bit silly. Put in a "Dismiss" command (as in FFT) and make the sidequest requirements more clear and I am fine with it.

Otherwise though the game had a whole bunch of neat ideas which were either neat experiments or things I'd like to see implemented in other Fire Emblem games.
-PCs who die drop their inventory into yours at the end of the battle. It's bad enough you're losing a PC forever, don't take their valuable swag too! This change fixes that. It makes perfect plot sense to boot. And it makes me much happier about this game's sidequest stuff. Might be my single favourite change, honestly.
-Mid-animation skip that still shows you changes to HP gauges. Hell yes.
-Enemy phase display skip. So yeah, you can now basically skip everything that doesn't involve you entering commands.
-Ballisticians were cool, and, I think, reasonably balanced in their implementation.
-Map design. I really liked the stuff connected with Gharnef (particularly him chasing you across the desert), the ballistician swarm map, and a few other things the game did. Definitely this is something this game did better than any other FE except 10.
-I think this version of forging made a bit more sense and was more flexible than FE9-10's. It would probably be better paired with only 2x might for weakness though.
-Reclassing was at worst a neat experiment. Opened up some new avenues for how to raise characters, but was reasonably balanced by how the game handled...
-Weapon levels. They matter a lot since they affect performance with weapons, not just what you can use. They raise slowly but not tooo slowly. Well done guys.

Usual FE experience beyond all this, which is fine. Fairly pretty in that FE way (animations were crisp, character portraits were good), music was quite listenable if not something I'll turn to outside the game much. 6/10 probably. Could rise if the multiple difficulty mode thing ends up impressing me a lot, or could fall on reflection like many games do, I have no idea.

DL-wise, the game doesn't really lend itself to the DL very well. Lack of rankable bosses, and lack of PCs with plot or that the player would be guaranteed to use. If the game ever gets players I'll probably support a Marth/Caeda/Jagen rank or something like that, could be argued on Cain/Abel but whatever. Caring is not strong here.

PC notes!

Marth: Well, for years FE had this thing called "Sucky Lord Syndrome" and it's easy to see why with Marth. His growths are rather good so he was reasonably solid for a bit, but he's held back pretty badly by two things. First is the fact that he needs to visit all the towns and seize the gates and he can't be rescued to speed this up, so he can't really dally to fight things and this tends him towards being underlevelled. Second is the lack of promotion bonuses, so once the Master Seals come out to play his stats just start looking bad. I noticed people who recommend borderline ignoring levelling him entirely which says it all really, even Roy didn't usually attract such comments. Helps that the Falchion is leagues below the Sword of Seals, Ragnell, the Sacred Twins, etc.

Caeda: Overall MVP. Winged Spear (forging it for even more fun) + flight destroyed worlds for too long, she promoted well before everyone else (and Dracoknight is an awesome promo for Str/Def/Move) and continued destroying worlds. Fell off a bit in the last few chapters as her low Str finally caught up with her but she was always a perfectly adequate combatant even then, and outright godly against cavalry and knights. The storebought Wing Spears was quite an unexpected boon.

Abel: Also pretty awesome. All of the initial Cavs are on paper, since Cavalier is an awesome class and they have the Myrmidon option if they need more speed, and their stats are all good... but Abel turned out the best for me. After promotion he even had access to Dracoknight, though I used that less than I should have... didn't want to give up his sword rank but increasingly I ignored that for his lances anyway. This may have been a mistake too! Pretty sure I didn't raise him the best way possible as such but he's still good which says it all.

Cain: Also used him quite a bit. A bit behind Abel because he couldn't use Javs at first, but that just made the Myrm option more tempting. Ultimately decided to let him go for basically no reason, there's some biblical commentary there I'm sure.

Barst: Axeman. Mainly used him because I figured I would want one. While the weapon triangle isn't a good enough reason for this, having a lategame Hauteclaire user is. Probably. Also Hammer/Poleaxe in the meantime. Before promo he's a bit unimpressive, 6 move + middling (though not bad) speed. He does have the Merc option but that gives up axes, though I took it for a map or two. After promo, much better, goes Hero, keeps axes, gains move, gains speed.

Lena: Initial staff user! Thanks to the C she's good at this, but eh. Classed her into Mage since I wanted one, and while she was good at first, 20% speed growth murdered her, so I dropped her midgame.

Merric: Hey look it's a mage who actually does get speed! Also HP. Very refreshing. Competent and capable the whole way through but the move (no promo bonus to move was sadness) held him back from dominating.

Wolf: Oh my god the bases were hideous (game-worst along with Sedgar, sub-JAGEN). I used him at first anyway because I figured maybe I should raise an archer and Horsemen >>> unpromos. However he had a couple bad levels so I dropped him. Too bad, his growths are crack on paper (to make up for the bases, like FE9 Shinon but not stuck in a shit class and joining underlevelled). Another playthrough.

Wendell: His growths suck, and yet I used him the whole game and never regretted it for an instant. Why? 1. Prepromo, so initial move boost, etc. 2. Great base speed. 3. Base staff level. At first I used him as a Dracoknight because he doubled reliably and so was a good mobile striker, but as his Str became inadequate I switched him back to filler staff user and used him as one the rest of the game. Not having to burn time in 5 move Curate or use a Master Seal makes him damn good at this job, he could at worst always survive (was only doubled once or twice very late), and always counter for some effectiveness.

Athena: Her base HP and Strength are excellent for a Myrmidon, which covers the class' usual weaknesses beautifully. Her base Speed could be better but the growth takes care of that, making Paladin a reasonable option for her post-promo (she waffled between it and SM depending on map). So yeah, very overall solid, clearly a reward for getting that first sidequest.

Bantu: I really wasn't impressed by him, and was pretty annoyed you need to keep him for 12 chapters to get Tiki.

Jeorge: Used him briefly as filler as a second failed experiment at having a good archer. Why do I waste my time? Screw bows. His Str just sucked.

Minerva: Great filler, on the other hand. Hauteclaire out of the box together with the awesome move + Dracoknight defence. Eventually other people promoted and her stats became garbage but that's fine.

Linde: Has her own tome which gives her offence, but her stats didn't turn out that great for me, and she was typically Merric-. When she did die around Chapter 21 I didn't restart the chapter for her.

Beck: Ballista dude. Bad move, balanced by hitting anywhere. Limited weapons prevents true abuse of him, but this can be mitigated by the Starsphere (granted, a fought-over item) which conveniently you keep until the very chapter you get storebought ballistas. Actually thinking on it you should totally keep the Starsphere anyway, Falchion isn't worth it.

Catria: I heard about the stat growths in advance. They did not disappoint. She's underlevelled, but not by enough to be a liability, and is worth catching up because she was just a death goddess late. All stats above 20 except Luck/Res + 10 move + flight? Game cries. Gave her the Iote Shield and she could go anywhere and kill anything. Kinda took over Caeda's role late but was even better at it outside killing armours, though obviously not as good overall because of playing catchup.

Etzel: Filler staff user mark 2, inferior at it due to low staff rank.

Ymir: About the only prepromo who actually compares statwise to properly promoted units. He was nothing special but was doing a fine job as filler even into Endgame.

Elice: Well, she starts with an A in staves, so she has some filler use there. Master Sealed her immediately so she could enjoy the +1 move and attacking options. Terrible stats hurt her, but not too much? Admittedly I'd have to actually use a high-Magic staff specialist to get a sense of how she'd compare to one of them.

Nagi: Hey look she one-shots every random out of the box except Heroes (Manaketes get OHKOed, non-Hero humans get doubled/owned by 18 speed/36 Atk even before the monstrous growths which, admittedly, don't really have time to kick in) and takes down the final boss with only a bit more trouble (2HKO through the regen + not being OHKOed). Has only 6 move, but otherwise is an FE9 laguz royal.

Julian and Rickard: Are thieves. You only have so many Master Keys so they are very valuable, lots of treasure in this game, fair number of doors too. Worth noting when one of my thieves died in 24x he attracted my Aum Staff use.

Annnd that's all I care to comment on. Metroid Fusion is next, although of course I am still continuing with SMW2 (current progress on that: nearly done world 4).

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

DomaDragoon

• Lazy
  • Denizen
  • Boink.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 17, 2010, 11:40:51 PM »
Batman: Arkham Asylum - Started this up today. Following a nicotine trail.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: February 18, 2010, 01:22:42 AM »
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams: ...yes, you're getting another Abridged Meeple Series WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!!!

*Cue some time over 10 years after ONimusha 3.  How do we know that?  Cause the dates match up that way...and by 10 years after, I mean 10 years by Feudal Japan standards, NOT Paris, France standards*

Shang Tsung Wannabe: Mwahahah! Tenkai, its you...and you're failing to beat me! Mwahaha!
Tenkai: Mitsunari! Your evil ways...that I don't really know what they are but I'm sure they're evil...will go punished! Now die!
Mitsunari: TENTACLE RAPE!
Tenkai: *Tenkai gets hit by a bunch of tentacles, tries to counter, falls off building* YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS *insert Coyote like falling effect here*
Mitsunari: Yes, and soon, CHERRY BLOSSOMS WILL FILL THE LAND! Hideyoshi's conquest will be complete.  Yes...CHERRY BLOSSOMS! The most evil of things! PEOPLE WILL FEAR THEM, for they  are...CHERRY BLOSSOMS!!!!  ...oh, right, there's that Black Oni thing, I should probably be careful about him...in case he appears...but still...CHERRY BLOSSOMS!!!
NOTE: Yes, he really has a rant about Cherry Blossoms, I am not making this up.

*sometime later, a town is attacked by a bunch of ZOMBIE SKELETON DEMONS, as well as other mainstays in the series, and Kaiju-sized Samurai with HUGE CANNONS where their chests are.  Little girl loses her doll or something sentimental like that, is attacked by said demons...CUE THE BLONDE HAIRED PROTAGONIST DUAL WIELDING HUGE BROADSWORDS...by huge, I mean the size of Cloud's Buster Sword, he proceeds to fight*

Female Narrator: I shall now recite a vast amount of poetry that's suppose to not make any sense, only to add flair to the Blonde Haired Protagonist kicking ass.  For you see, the sword cuts through the demons and...
Blonde Haired Protagonist: Look, I know I'm not suppose to fight now, but could you just kind of shut up and let me be a total bad ass in the intro like I'm suppose to be?
Female Narrator: Fine! I won't warn you about one of those Kaiju Sized Samurai with Nipple Cannons coming from behind you.
Blonde Haired Protagonist: Who of what now?
*Large fist attacks him, he dodges, slices the guy in half...another one pops up, the Hero turns all SEPHIROTH MODE like Samanosuke could do in O3, kicks its ass, all in time to save the girl's doll, give it back to her, and watch her smile*

Female Narrator: So the Black Oni kicked some ass.  After Nobunaga was defeated years ago by Samanosuke and some French Guy who looked like Jean Reno from the future.
Jacques: Hey, I'm not suppose to be referenced at all in this game, LEAVE ME OUT OF THIS!
Female Narrator: How the hell can you speak english?
Ako: ^_^
Female Narrator: ...anyway...at first, Hideyoshi's rule was all cool...but then he became a dick and a bunch of demons came, natural disasters, what have you.  Long story short, shit happened, its 2 years after that intro, lets get started...oh yeah, and there were Cherry Blossoms. Lots and lots of Cherry Blossoms.

*some desolate village that looks a lot like God Hand's opening*
Big Red Demon Samurai Guy: Aha! We must get this to-...wait, why is the road blocked off? WHO THE FUCK WOULD DO THIS!?

*shift to indoors*
Blonde Haired Protagonist: Zzzzzzz...
Freak of Nature that is Gender Ambiguous: SOKI!!!!!!
Soki: AH! What the hell are-...er...I mean, hi Minokichi.
Minokichi: There's an evil guy out there, he's got a cherry tree!
Soki: TO BATTLE!!

*outside*
BRDSG: Ah, so you're here, I thought no one was left in this town.
Soki: Yeah, well, I'm here...can you tell me your name so I know who I'm kicking the ass of?
BRDSG: I am...DANEMON!
Soki: Ok, Danemon, lets fight.
Danemon: FOR LORD HIDEYOSHI I WILL DEFEAT YOU!
Soki: Um, ok?  Can we fight yet?
Danemon: YOU BLUE DEMON DO NOT STAND A CHANCE AGAINST ME!
Soki: Wait, you mean you know who I am? So...why aren't we fighting again?
Danemon: ...good point, lets just start this *summons some Zombie Skeleton Demons*
Female Narrator: One man, wielding two great broad swords, decided to fight against the Genma!  He is known as THE BLUE DEMON!!!  He wields the power of the Oni! He goes by...
Soki: Look, are you gonna do this EVERY TIME we start a new chapter? I mean, it was cool in the intro, but now this is just a boss fight!
Female Narrator: Well excuse me for just reading the damn script!
*Soki beats Danemon*
Danemon: GLORY TO HIDEYOSHI! *drops dead*
Soki: Well, I sure hope he's actually gone...
Minokichi: So you going to burn that Cherry Tree?
Soki: Who of what now? *there's a huge tree on fire behind him*
Minokichi: ...nevermind.

*Meanwhile, on a near-bye rooftop*
Male Cryptic Ninja: So THAT'S the Blue Demon, eh?
Female Cryptic Ninja: Its him after all, eh?
MCN: You know him?
FCN: Sort of.  Does it matter?
MCN: No, not really...

*next scene*
Girl in Pink: This town looks deserted.  I wonder if there's anything there...wait, why is this area blocked off?
Random Brigand #1: hey look! Its a girl!
Random Brigand #2: Don't get any idea, she's too young!
Random BRigand #1: Too young? She's at least 15! That's plenty old for us.
Random Brigand #2: On what grounds?
Random Brigand #1: This is Japan, duh! NOTHING is beyond our standards!
Random Brigand #2: Oh, right!
Girl in Pink: Look, guys, I'm not for sale, so...*pulls out sword* PISS OFF!!!!
Random Brigand #1 and #2: OH GOD HELP US! *the run*
Girl in Pink: That was...a little too easy *she sees Zombie Skeleton Demons* ...oh...maybe that has something to do with it...
*in Soki's house*
Minokichi: HEY SOKI! THERE'S GENMA HERE!
Soki: ...eh, screw it, I'm taking a nap.
Minokichi: Why?
Soki: Look, if there's no Cherry Trees, I don't care, just easier to nap.
Minokichi: but there's also a person here, a KID!
Soki: ...THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!
*he RUSHES OFF TO SAVE THE DAY, going through the most round about way possible cause there's debris and shit in the way...mostly to make for more gameplay, meanwhile, Pink Girl kills a few ZOMBIE SKELETON DEMONS!  Soki reaches his destination*

Soki: Hi there!
Girl in Pink: You! YOU'RE THE BLUE DEMON! HAVE AT THEE!
Soki: Um...ok...
*they fight, Soki wins*
Girl in Pink: Damn it, how'd you beat me? I can't die here!
Soki: Can you give me a reason why NOT to kill you?
*Bunch of Zombie Skeleton Demons appear*
Girl in Pink: Cause they're gonna do it first! Stay back, you can't beat them! Ordinary Weapons can't hurt these-...
*Soki slices a ZOmbie Skeleton Demon in half effortlessly*
Girl in Pink: ...guys...
Soki: Yeah...you were saying?
Girl in Pink: ...my name is Jubei, can we just call a truce til they're all dead? Being an enemy of the Genma, you must clearly be a GOOD GUY!
Soki: Ok...
*They win*
Jubei: Now then, I told you my name...TELL ME YOURS!
Soki: ...I don't have one.
Jubei: Yes you do! DON'T LIE!
Soki: no! I don't! I swear...though, people randomly call me Soki...so uh, yeah, I guess call me that if it makes life easier.
Jubei: ...fine.  So I'm gonna sort of tag along with you cause that castle over there is probably in danger.
Soki: Just thinking the same thing! Lets get to this!
*many boring Survival-Horroresque puzzles later...not the game is NOT a survival horror, but it pretends to be*
Soki: Well, that was annoying.
Jubei: We would have been there sooner if you didn't fall down that hole!
Soki: Hey! YOU fell down first! I was merely...uh...following to help you out!
Jubei: You also broke the ladder so I couldn't follow!
Soki: no I didn't! THat was a freaking demonic catapult that happened to hit the latter right after I got up!
Jubei: YOU TIMED IT SO THAT WOULD HAPPEN!
Soki: ...I'm not gonna even try to say what's wrong with that statement. Lets just press on.
Jubei: *to herself* How can he fight the Genma? Only my sword should be able to! Is he...ONE OF THEM!?
Soki: Hey, Jubei, WE HAVE A BOSS FIGHT COMING UP!
Jubei: Oh, right sorry!

Female Narrator: And so, the duo fights their huge over-sized bug boss, which is annoying and stupid, and so they move onto the castle...STAY TUNED NEXT EPISODE FOR...
Soki: Damn it, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSE TO SPEAK HERE!

----

Yeah, this episode sucked, I know, I'll hopefully get more interesting material in the future, but considering this is Capcom Action Game plot, I figure an Abridged SEries is appropriate.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: February 18, 2010, 01:32:38 AM »
SRWK - Jesus Christ, 9100 power on the last Jeeg combo? 9100 power?

In other news, I capped Gundam Stargazer's weaponry, EN, Defense and Mobility and now Voiture Lumiere is a 5000+ power 1-5 Range C attack. Oh and it also has a Land Module S because I like overkill. Odds are Selene's getting 100 kills before the game ends. <3 Stargazer.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 18, 2010, 08:16:45 AM »
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army - Episode 6 is short I must say with no action at all. Anyway...

Raidou being the cool guy that he is recruits the girl he saved. He and she are from rival schools so if this isn't a recipe for romance he doesn't know what is. Anyway nothing really important really happens on their date really, they meet some weird people and have a generally nice and pleasant time.
Well they would have if Raidou's lady friend wasn't infact a freedom loving demon. I call now that YHVH is somehow to blame in all this because if people aren't rebelling because he's a dick, then they're rebelling because he might one day decide to be a dick.

I very much doubt he'll make an appearance as I would have heard on a forum somewhere or those most anti religious games lists. However I think we can all agree the perfect dipication of 1930s YHVH would be him in a top hat voiced by patrick stewart.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: February 18, 2010, 08:25:11 AM »
FE8 Medium Skill Hardcore Mode with an added twist-  Whenever an enemy casts the spell stone, my emulator crashes!  This only occurs on 3 levels, but it adds a nice challenge to the final level.  (In fact, it would have been impossible to beat with my party if it weren't for warp + dance.  Finally got to warp someone in, dance my healer, and warp someone else in.)

Deaths!  (Might be 1 level off on some, but close enough)

3: Ross died, didn't bother to get Garcia- Didn't really care about getting either one of them.
5: Vanessa- I was drinking, playing poker, and playing FE on Saturday.  I blame Vanessa's death on that!
5x: Forde- Didn't care, he comes back.
6: Colm- Stupid of me... this one actually hurt since chests are good.  Ran bad on evade, but in a HC game gotta prep for that.
9: Tana- Another one that hurt, she was gonna be my main air.  Enemy had a hand axe equipped that I didn't pay attention to.
9: Amelia- Did not care at all.
13: Joshua- Had him in the back of the level, a shit ton of reinforcements came and surrounded him.  Damn.
13: L'Archel- Sacraficed her.  Said reinforcements were going to off someone else too.  I forgot that you need her to get Rennac, so yes... I played this game thiefless.
15: Duessel- Used him to weaponless tank any and everything, he eventually fell, didn't care.
16: Myrrh- So first time I did this level she killed most everything and got to level 10, but game crashed via stone in 19.  Had to restart at 15.  Second time around someone musta hit a weakness because she died to a non promoted mage despite her insane resist.
17: Syrene- Didn't care!  Took her weapons and sent her at Lyon for fun.

Now for the heroes who saved the day!  (I did 1 tower run, figuring that was about right for a normal playthrough.)

Eirika- 20/13-  Was risky using the only one who could game over me... I just made sure not to get cute with her at all.  Standard sword crushing for her.
Natasha- 10/4- Healer, upgraded for movement.
Gilliam- 20/16- Tanked everything.  I also used only axes when he upgraded since I'm not a big fan of fighters.  Garm smashes shit.  Def my MVP late game.
Lute- 20/12- Evade whore who got a bit scary later on since 34 HP is absolutely nothing.
Marisa- 20/17- An evade whore that also had 50HP... she was my secondary MVP, but I didn't feel quite as safe letting her tank 10 people in case a couple 10-15% hits got off.
Tethys- 16- Without her couldn't have done the final level on this emulator.  Glad I never got her killed.
Cormag- 20/11-  I was gonna use Vanessa, then Tana but those didn't work out.  Once he got Fili he was good for the quick kills of whatever I needed killed.
Ephraim- 20/9- I thought I used him more than this, but guess not.  He did what he needed to do though.
Innes- 20/9- Meh, I never use archers a ton.  He got like 3 of his levels killing eggs on that Gorgon level.
Kyle- 20/6- Got promoted way late.  Was my early game MVP, but I only got 1 Knight Crest + 1 Master seal all game.
Forde- 20- Used him early, but could never promote.  No thief + no doing over levels that I missed crap on = 1 seal.  Oops!

Those were my heroes!  I think Imma do hard mode now with Ephraim's saga instead after doing the ruins once.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: February 18, 2010, 10:02:46 AM »
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army - Episode 6 is short I must say with no action at all. Anyway...

Raidou being the cool guy that he is recruits the girl he saved. He and she are from rival schools so if this isn't a recipe for romance he doesn't know what is. Anyway nothing really important really happens on their date really, they meet some weird people and have a generally nice and pleasant time.
Well they would have if Raidou's lady friend wasn't infact a freedom loving demon. I call now that YHVH is somehow to blame in all this because if people aren't rebelling because he's a dick, then they're rebelling because he might one day decide to be a dick.

I very much doubt he'll make an appearance as I would have heard on a forum somewhere or those most anti religious games lists. However I think we can all agree the perfect dipication of 1930s YHVH would be him in a top hat voiced by patrick stewart.

You are technically right, but the YHWH that is to blame is the one couple hundred years after in the time of SMT2.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: February 18, 2010, 10:44:01 AM »

Gotta wait until the game's over. ME2's one of those games that lets you keep playing a clear save.

I had already beaten the game. Having replayed it, apparently my problem was not hitting on her enough just ONE TIME. For such an easy lay (doesn't even mind me having my old girlfriend's picture looking at us while we bang) she is very precise in her requirements.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: February 18, 2010, 11:29:39 AM »
You are technically right, but the YHWH that is to blame is the one couple hundred years after in the time of SMT2.

As in the fake YHWH that Saint Michael worshiped?

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: February 18, 2010, 11:56:13 AM »

Eh?  I got her feeding my fish after recruiting the Asari, just tell her she is prettier than the Justicar and she will feed your fish all night long as long as you have been hitting on her.

On STALKER for Trips, agree with your assessment, but did you consider it worth playing?  It is one of those games I think is bad but is interesting enough to look at the ideas it has.  Modding it helps dramatically with the bullshit with carry weight and item durability.  Makes it much more generic shooter, but honestly that is what it really needed.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.