Register

Author Topic: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!  (Read 362102 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!
« Reply #900 on: February 21, 2010, 03:33:24 PM »
Yes, Scar, that's my point.  Its available the instant you reach Zeal.  Its scaled such that you're suppose to take it on during the Fated Hour (like all other Side Quests), but its doable any point before then.  Think its the only Side Quest you can do that with cause its the only one that doesn't require flight (I'm betting if you could get Flight BEFORE the Ocean Palace, for all that some issues may erupt like Geno Dome forces Robo into your team, but pre-Ocean Palace, Crono is forced, so uh...there might be some sort of glitch that happened if you tried to hack an early Epoch in there or something <_<)

Either way, you could always do the Desert stuff rather early, and doing so gets you Vigil Hats are at a ridiculously early point, as well as other goodies that are less important (Well, I think you can charm another Elemental Mail, giving you 3 people immuning one element instead of two, but honestly unsure.)
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #901 on: February 21, 2010, 08:29:14 PM »
Miles Edgeworth- Beat this friday morning.  Probably my favorite Ace Attorney game (mind, I haven't played PW2 or 3).  Moving out of the courtroom helped smooth the gameplay out (since, from the beginning, the goal is to form a theory of the crime, they can get to the meat of the usual gameplay with less distractions), and in general I felt like the logic of the puzzles flowed more naturally and with fewer cases of the player outguessing the game and presenting evidence too early.  Though Case 5 did feel needlessly long and dragged a bit, and the game was kinda busy, with some puzzle styles that were underutilized and cameos upon cameos.  Though... well.  I also can't argue against Case 5's cameo.  Win.  Probably an 8/10, at a guess?  Just fun throughout.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #902 on: February 21, 2010, 08:44:18 PM »
I am currently trying to play through Insanity on my Engineer from my first run through and it is pretty fucking brutal.  I am not sure if it is the enemies are scaled to me having all the upgrades as I am now level 30 or if it is just ball bustingly hard now and only going to get worse.  Finished Mordin's clinic bit and having to fight the upper side of 30+ guys with rocket launches, flame throwers and shotgun Krogan mixed in is fucking brutal with no chances to save.  When basic assault rifle/SMG guys 4 shot you and everything has armour or shields out the arsehole it is pretty ridiculous sometimes.  I mean this is Heavy Overload with all the power boosters I have available at the start of the game (so 2/3 strength it would have been at end game and missing shorter recharge) takes off 3/4 of their shield.  Incinerate still makes fairly good work of most armour until you get a Krogan (and they WILL kill you if they get into melee).  I am spending far more time swearing than I am having fun and just not sure if I want to continue at all.  I love the combat system but I don't want to burn myself out on it since Alpha Protocol is likely to be fairly similar.

They are scaling to you. The beginning of an insanity run is way way easier if you start with a level 1 character.

That seems surprising to me. I'd think that the scaling would be counterbalanced by having way better weapons. I guess a big part of that is whether or not you picked up a Collector weapon. My Krogan Shotgun destroys shit, after all.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: February 21, 2010, 10:48:12 PM »
Bioshock 2: Shot a crazy preacher in the face. Rocket spears are kind of awesome. You get to watch people run around with these big honking flares stuck in the side of their head before they explode. Also, the Atlantic Express route reminds me of a Wily castle map. Sure, there's a giant skull/Fontaine Futuristics waiting for you at the end of the line, but there's also this glaring empty space after it that you just know is going to be the finale.

Anyway, initial assessment is holding up. Game really feels like it doesn't know or isn't concerned about what to add thematically to the original. It's diverting enough so far but there's not much reason to care if you didn't like Bioshock 1.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: February 22, 2010, 12:49:49 AM »
ME2 - Beat it for the first time. Veteran difficulty, which did kill me quite a few times. Lady Engineer, Kara Shepard, full Paragon with about 25% for good window-pushing fuel-tank-shooting measure. No One Left Behind, huzzah! Oh, and everyone recruited and everyone Loyal, which seems like a giant "no duh" to me. Why would you not? Also romanced the heck out of Garrus, because: he's Garrus! I enjoyed the banter, there, though I wish there had been a bit more dialogue with him. He was always freaking calibrating those cannons. More along the lines of how much you could talk to Thane or Mordin, that would have been nice.

And since we're on the subject? Mordin is fucking rad as hell. Starts as a vaguely-amusing comic relief character with somewhat nefariously amoral undertones, and ends up having some really tough decisions to make. And makes them interestingly and without any whinging. Plus sings Gilbert & Sullivan. That alone, damn.

It's a good game. Better than Dragon Age in a few ways, definitely lesser in some others. Both leave me salivating for the sequels, though. I do want to play ME2 again as a Renegade character, possibly male, but:

A) I have a hard time letting Wrex be dead, and corollary:

A.1) I have a hard time playing ME1 again; I've been trying, even managed to will myself through all the Citadel stuff and into the Bioware-Four-Hubs sandbox. Started Feros, but as soon as I hit the Mako section something inside me died. I'll give it some time.

B) Mark Meer's VA is just straight-up inferior to Jennifer Hale's, in the humble estimation of this one. Sorry, Rob. I want at least a modicum of emotion -- shit, no, I want a modicum of inflection from my protagonist. I can't hear Meer as a hardened badass vet, I can only hear him as an extremely wooden slightly-too-high-pitched nobody.

So yeah, maybe a ways down the line I'll do a Renegade playthrough. For completion's sake, particularly where it concerns getting to see all the Renegade interrupts; the few that I did see were unadulteratedly badass. Not that Paragon didn't have some good ones, too. I liked the way Paragon Shepard got Zaeed's loyalty over the course of that mission, in particular.

I'm thinking I'll play Jade Empire next, since I bought it around Christmas and never touched it. Also I need to beat Torchlight one of these days. And play KotOR 2. I really wish I could grab that on Steam. Ah well.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: February 22, 2010, 03:07:21 AM »
I am currently trying to play through Insanity on my Engineer from my first run through and it is pretty fucking brutal.  I am not sure if it is the enemies are scaled to me having all the upgrades as I am now level 30 or if it is just ball bustingly hard now and only going to get worse.  Finished Mordin's clinic bit and having to fight the upper side of 30+ guys with rocket launches, flame throwers and shotgun Krogan mixed in is fucking brutal with no chances to save.  When basic assault rifle/SMG guys 4 shot you and everything has armour or shields out the arsehole it is pretty ridiculous sometimes.  I mean this is Heavy Overload with all the power boosters I have available at the start of the game (so 2/3 strength it would have been at end game and missing shorter recharge) takes off 3/4 of their shield.  Incinerate still makes fairly good work of most armour until you get a Krogan (and they WILL kill you if they get into melee).  I am spending far more time swearing than I am having fun and just not sure if I want to continue at all.  I love the combat system but I don't want to burn myself out on it since Alpha Protocol is likely to be fairly similar.

They are scaling to you. The beginning of an insanity run is way way easier if you start with a level 1 character.

That seems surprising to me. I'd think that the scaling would be counterbalanced by having way better weapons. I guess a big part of that is whether or not you picked up a Collector weapon. My Krogan Shotgun destroys shit, after all.

Scaled up enemies get better firepower and durability, while you just get better firepower. Your weapons and their armor about cancel out, but you die so much easier.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 22, 2010, 03:41:47 AM »
Kotor-Okay, even with Monkey's suggestion the game refuses to run for more than 20 minutes at a time. I give up! Too bad, game seemed like it might wind up being pretty good.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 22, 2010, 04:06:25 AM »
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams: Roberto is weird to play as, but still fun!

Finally figured out how to deal with Sakon and his barrier bullshit too.

Also, Sephiroth mode seems gimped compared to Onimusha 3, for all that I've only had one fight with it.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 22, 2010, 06:21:52 AM »
FE8 - Screw this game, screw this series, I don't care if I'm getting paid to play it anymore, I'm going to go play something actually FUN...  Which isn't hard to do; even Beyond the Beyond qualifies as more fun than FE in my opinion.

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile - In the aftergame at this point.  I love the charm this game has, and its gameplay is fairly solid.  I've gotten the Blue Gem ranking on all the stages except worlds 5 and 6, which I have yet to attempt.  I've done a perfect Gem Count run in less than five minutes, with just a stage clear in less than four.

Brave Fencer Musashi:  Y'know, I actually forgot how fun this game was, what with Samurai Legend Musashi wanting me to forget everything about these games.  I wonder why I ever wanted to forget this one?

Other games: back burner now.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 22, 2010, 07:42:53 AM »

[/quote]

Scaled up enemies get better firepower and durability, while you just get better firepower. Your weapons and their armor about cancel out, but you die so much easier.
[/quote]

Yeah the enemies are using the same guns as me since I am an Engineer.  Only Soldier gets something on the Collector ship, all the other classes unlock a new weapon type to use instead, so thus Engineer with Assault Rifle.

And if you feel like fiddling a bit more with the game Trips, this quote on the Bioware forums suggests something might be in the graphics settings.

I had problems with my ATI card and crashes as well.(HD 4670) I found that disabling framebuffer and soft shadows fixed the problem mostly. It sounds like everything is well with your other PC though. Enjoy.

Try stripping those out (OH NOES NOT LOSING SHADOWS IN KOTOR) and maybe generally fiddling with graphics settings and see how that works out.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #910 on: February 22, 2010, 09:17:09 AM »
FE8 - Screw this game, screw this series, I don't care if I'm getting paid to play it anymore, I'm going to go play something actually FUN...  Which isn't hard to do; even Beyond the Beyond qualifies as more fun than FE in my opinion.

I can't say that this was unexpected...

That said... you should try it on emulator! Savestates and RNG abuse will probably make you happy if you want to break it in half.

Speaking of SRPGs that are more trouble than their worth...

Eternal POIZN! - I finished the four main chapters - Thage, Ashley, Olifen, and Rondemion. But when I started the game up, I really didn't have any intention of playing it all the way through, so I was just fucking around for most of the first chapters. Well, I fell in love with the gothic fairy tale aspect of the game, and there's a pretty decent story and fun character work going on. But the gameplay did not inspire the amount of multiple playthroughs that the game demands to get the whole story, and I'm just not willing to go through it again to unlock that last bit.

So, I youtubed the last chapter and ending. Man, that was a really cool twist that I wasn't expecting. There were a lot of twists, but I'm specifically referring to the stuff revealed in the 4th-wall breaking portions towards the end. The game just has stylish storytelling points all over, kind of a shame about the lackluster gameplay.

Mini-Review!

Thage's Chapter: Really good intro. You can conceivably start with Olifen or Ashley, too, but Thage's chapter just seems better designed for bringing the player into the gothic fairy tale with its atypical characters and teasing mystery plot. Thage herself carries the whole chapter, both in plot and gameplay, and she's very memorable and good at defying expectations. Her cohorts, with their mix of odd loyalty to Thage, animosity to eachother, and questionable motives make them a really synergistic group in plot scenes. Most of the plot scenes in the first chapter as very good at revealing key bits of information without letting on that they are key bits until much later, and mostly seem to serve as character development. Once the game realizes that if it gives any more vital information pieces away that the player is gonna figure it out, the chapter throws it all at you at once and the chapter ends suddenly, but oddly satisfactorily. Really, you could stop playing the game here and have had a good experience. It's also about the length of time that the battle system's worth can support itself.

After going through the mysterious shape-changing realm of Besek once, you've really had most of the fun that you can out of EP's gameplay, but the story is told across multiple chapters, which are all fairly entertaining in their own right, but the demands of the gameplay can make it drag.

Ashley & Olifen's chapters: Idealistic Priestess and Idealistic/Emo Soldier-engaged-to-a-Princess. You can do these in either order. I did Ashley's first. Both of these chapters are more about world-building than mystery-building (or mystery-revelation, for that matter). They do a good job developing their characters, though neither chapter has quite the chemistry that Thage's team did. But the world-building of Besek is pretty cool. Definitely a setting that I'd like to see utilized in RPGs more often, especially when given the gothic fairy tale treatment.

Gameplay was a little tougher here without Thage, who destroyed worlds. But the added challenge just made it more tedious to me. It's a fairly solid SRPG base, there's just not a lot to make it stand out. The recruitable mercenary characters are kind of fun to play with, and you -do- have the option of putting adorable, backwards-speaking Teddy Bears in your party, but... the experience is just too slow overall, even with animations turned off. And overkill system for capturing Majin gets tedious or frustrating, depending on your strategy. I've yet to find a strategy that makes it 'fun'.

Rondemion's chapter: Yes. You have to beat at least one of the other chapters to unlock this one. I played all three first, and it's good that I did. While Thage/Ashley/Olifen had to hold back some secrets due to their setup, Rondemion is the 'spoiler' chapter. Rondemion himself is pretty awesome, being a retired war hero who ends up not being so retired when he ventures into the home of the Majin, Besek. This chapter feels free to toss around bits of information the player would already know from the other chapters, as well as begins building it's own intrigue between Rondemion and his allies, one of the whom is ever-present Count Duphaston that's been showing up in every chapter to offer cryptic advice. The game is pretty genre-savvy and starts throwing Red Herrings at the player based on previous chapters to throw the player off. I have to say that it worked, as I was expecting a certain reveal, but then the game revealed just enough of something else that I abandoned my theory... only for the game to spring it on me after all. Nice.

Ronde is a beast, but this chapter is still fairly difficult compared to the previous ones, which gave the play a lot -more- overpowered units to play with. I stopped playing after finishing this chapter. The reason? Apparently you have to capture every Majin in the game, including bosses, to unlock the final chapter. Considering how not-fun this was, and how I wasn't paying much attention to this mechanic from the start... Yeah, I just can't be bothered to do that.

Final chapters: If you decide to Catch 'Em All, then you get access to a condensed chapter. You only play one-third of the full trek through Besek in this chapter, and you can -only- fight with your summoned Majin, making it fairly difficult. However, the story is finally ready to make it's revelations. Every battle is followed by a brief, often 4th-wall breaking conversation with the player about the goings-on of all 5 chapters up to this point, and things are getting tied together. In a refreshing change of pace (I just played Vandal Hearts, after all), the plot is pretty good about -not- beating the player in the face with its twists, though sometimes it can make things a bit vague (Hint: if you're confused by anything, play/watch the Thage chapter again, there's a lot of pieces of information there that's meaning becomes much clearer after the ending).

After the short 5th chapter, there is a big Final Battle sequence involving the 5 Leader PCs from each chapter. Their levels carry over, so it's worth pampering them. Final Battle looked pretty cool to me, but alas, I can't speak from experience.

Despite the battle system being lackluster, it did manage to produce some interesting duelists, so I wouldn't mind seeing this game ranked if it ever got any playership in the DL. As it stands, it makes a fun board tourney name, and Tal's stat topic is amazing.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: February 22, 2010, 12:17:17 PM »
The final battle was pretty cool, Djinn. Made you use all of your PCs to take down the tentacles and then you went up against the MT damage slinging final boss. And I don't think you have to capture every Majin, just see every single one. I know I didn't capture that elephant thing in Ashley's part 1.

I've been toying around with a browser-based Flash RPG that I actually found quite fun. A cute customization system and summon system.
http://www.kongregate.com/games/fairypoet/ge-ne-sis?acomplete=ge.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 22, 2010, 05:13:07 PM »
SRWK - Beaten! Man, that was an annoying final battle.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 22, 2010, 05:23:16 PM »
FE10- Completed! This time I decided to favor Soren, Pelleas, and Aran/Danved. I used four Lance users in the final dungeon (Aran, Neph, Danved, and Oscar), Soren, Pelleas, Nolan, Brom, Cain and Naesala. I didn't actually get to utilize Alondite which is really hilarious and didn't get to use the Double Bow either. I gave Brom the Urvan and let Nolan use Tarvos; Nolan doubles the world~ Brom is a very good tank and he was pretty RNG-blessed. Brom was my kill leader in the game; he had Provoke and just took fuckloads of damage the entire game. He's great if you actually use him, but Gatrie is just better.

Soren is pretty disappointing. I just feel like you can't really use Rexcalibur unless you Arms Scroll him and his staff level is quite low, so there isn't very much reason to use him over Bastian since Bastian starts with SS Wind and B in Staves. Sad day. Pelleas ended up being really cool; I decided to bless long range tomes with both Pelleas and Micaiah since they spend most of the time healing. They ended up murdering a lot of dragons, and Pelleas can double spirits with Fenrir if he sits next to Nasir in the last two battles. He ended up with six stats capped; only Skill and Luck? were not capped.

Aran is a pretty good tank and does pretty good damage as well. He's decent throughout the game but not outstanding.

Other than that, I <3 Lance users. I forged a bunch of Silver Lances with super power and they were pretty cool.

FE10 I could probably immediately play again if I wasn't willing myself to play other games. It has a couple of notable flaws (the skill descriptions are embarrassingly bad, there are people like Lyre and Kyza who don't exist in plot at all and have no real reason to exist, some of the plot, especially the game's hero worship of Ike, is kind of ridiculous). I really like a lot of the interesting ideas they do with the plot and I really like the multiple scenarios that you switch to. It reminds me of Suikoden III with worse plot and better gameplay. I find that it's much easier to replay than S3 though, which is why I like it better overall.

Next is MK2~!
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: February 22, 2010, 05:25:05 PM »
Next is MK2~!

Which, from the moment the playthrough starts, will be dubbed "Ciato Employs Senseless Violence On The Universe: The Game".

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: February 22, 2010, 05:25:59 PM »
Why would I ever do that~?
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 22, 2010, 05:28:10 PM »
How -else- do you expect to get your diploma from Al Revis?

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 22, 2010, 05:28:56 PM »

Not have Flay be the one in charge?
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 22, 2010, 05:32:36 PM »
She'll be doing Ulrika path, so no Flay for her.  She gets Goto instead.  Watch out, Elf!  She shall be wooed!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 22, 2010, 05:33:29 PM »

Not have Flay be the one in charge?

And make everything less fun along the way? Screw that.

Also, Excal is dead wrong. Flay is about as present in Ulrika path as he is in Raze. That and it's not like Flay doesn't run the place regardless of your main anyway. >_>

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 22, 2010, 05:47:15 PM »
And if you feel like fiddling a bit more with the game Trips, this quote on the Bioware forums suggests something might be in the graphics settings.

I had problems with my ATI card and crashes as well.(HD 4670) I found that disabling framebuffer and soft shadows fixed the problem mostly. It sounds like everything is well with your other PC though. Enjoy.

Try stripping those out (OH NOES NOT LOSING SHADOWS IN KOTOR) and maybe generally fiddling with graphics settings and see how that works out.

I thought the problem was that Kotor can't handle being run on a dual-core, but I do have a ATI card so maybe that's it. I'll try it and see.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 22, 2010, 09:37:21 PM »
She'll be doing Ulrika path, so no Flay for her.  She gets Goto instead.  Watch out, Elf!  She shall be wooed!
Speaking of which I just beat Ulrika's path on MK2. The game is pretty fun overall. The grow book system gets less interesting as you go farthur into the game, but the gameplay really picks up when the grow book starts to loose its novelty. The characters are all unbalanced and their isn't much overall plot. but the game doesn't really need one to be entertaining. Randoms were usually pretty easy, but the bosses provided a good challenge and were especially intense when you hit their limit point and they started acting multiple times. 

Anyway, character evaluation time!

Ulrika: Generally solid all around. The elemental barrier skill and healing time sphere skill were very helpful and made her pretty useful as a support character. Also Cannonball and her AoE support attack were very good for random battles. She got the killing blow on the final boss with Mana Guidance (her finishing strike) which was also pretty funny.

Chloe: Definate MVP. World of Book is always good damage and Demon Lord Summoning is really good against bosses. Near the end of the game I gave her an accessory with Vortex and Tornado and she smashed randoms to bits. By the end of the game Vortex was doing about 2400 to all enemies and Demon Lord Summoning was doing about 2600 to one.

Pepperoni: He kind of lags until he gets his final upgrade to his support attack. Once he got it I put him in the back and used him to clean up whatever was left over after Chloe used Vortex. Gamebest hp meant that he was never in any real danger of dieing.

Enna: His big advantage he had over the other characters were his time sphere abilities. Aside from that he wasn't much more than a warm body. He did get a nice endgame boost when I gave him a weapon that had a pretty good delay effect on it.

Goto: I didn't really notice it until late, but he actually had a pretty good HP and SP pool. Unfortunately, he didn't have Chloe's magic stat so he couldn't one round randoms, but he could still unleash some good MT. He was also fast enough that he would usually get a turn immediately after he was brought in which was extremely helpful for finishing off enemies. Stealing was also pretty nice.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 23, 2010, 03:26:05 AM »
Yeah the enemies are using the same guns as me since I am an Engineer.  Only Soldier gets something on the Collector ship, all the other classes unlock a new weapon type to use instead, so thus Engineer with Assault Rifle.

It's a little different. You have the option to train one of three new weapon types. If you can already train one of those weapon types you get a custom gun instead. Thus, soldier gets to pick three guns. Infiltrator and Vanguard can pick between a gun and training. The other three classes have to pick a new weapon training.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 23, 2010, 04:41:29 AM »
Djinn rant

I think the best thing the game has done is to make Thage THE evil mastermind of everything. The scene where she directly out evil St. El=Stella is simply amusing.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 23, 2010, 05:46:59 AM »
Mordin, you are my favorite character ever.

So glad someone finally put this on YouTube. It's very sad that Mordin will be almost certainly be dead if Mass Effect 3 takes place more than a year after ME2. Salarians age like jRPG characters.