Author Topic: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!  (Read 362039 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Some Motherf*$&ing Games: 2010!!!!!!
« Reply #1025 on: February 28, 2010, 08:15:30 PM »
You also didn't get Crono back until like 70% of the Side Quests were done.  I'm use to getting Luminaire either right before losing Crono, or sometime shortly after, meanwhile (partially depends on how lucky I kill those Seal All enemies.)  Branching from that, assuming you don't fight everything...you really should have Luminaire by the Black Omen unless you totally neglect Crono in the Fated Hour.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 28, 2010, 08:23:35 PM »
Yeah, I never grinded in this game, but I did fight every mob that I could in dungeons which makes Crono get all his abilities eons before anyone else is close to completion.

Also, yeah, those seal all enemies on the mountain of WOAH!!!!!!!! ... help as well.
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 28, 2010, 08:41:02 PM »
ToV- Promising start at least. I just got Karol.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: February 28, 2010, 08:45:12 PM »
Dragon Age: Back to this finally. After banging my head against the difficulty for a while to get back into the game, I went and grabbed Shale. Headed into Orzammar and tossed my support behind the traditionalist who the king supposedly supported. Mainly because his son seems like a dick.

Main is Mage/Arcane Warrior. Lelianna is pretty much my pure secondary, while I rotate the other two slots frequently.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 28, 2010, 08:55:54 PM »
...man, you people get the ultimate skills so late.  I usually have them waaaaaaaaaay earlier.  Definitely for Magus at least <_<
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #1030 on: February 28, 2010, 09:19:57 PM »
Main is Arcane Warrior.

You don't know it but you've already beaten the game.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: February 28, 2010, 10:13:54 PM »
You also didn't get Crono back until like 70% of the Side Quests were done.  I'm use to getting Luminaire either right before losing Crono, or sometime shortly after, meanwhile (partially depends on how lucky I kill those Seal All enemies.)  Branching from that, assuming you don't fight everything...you really should have Luminaire by the Black Omen unless you totally neglect Crono in the Fated Hour.

Really can't see that for me. Even ignoring the fact that I didn't get Crono back, if I did have him, he wouldn't've been used for every sidequest, and, IIRC, Exp in Black Omen is higher than most of those, so he would have got it much earlier in the dungeon, at the very least. Could see him getting it early-Black Omen, but definitely not earlier.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: February 28, 2010, 10:42:06 PM »
I'd generally say final techs should be picked up sometime during the Fated Hour sidequests. Before Crono leaving definitely sounds too early (although I have done it myself in a playthrough I had a lot of luck with Seal All enemies and ground a little in the Ocean Palace elevator) but late Black Omen seems late on the other hand, even as someone who rotates everyone usually. Of course, CT is a game where you choose how much you fight AND the Seal All enemies throw a huge wrench into things so really almost anything is possible.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: February 28, 2010, 10:53:41 PM »
I'd say it's not too uncommon for Crono to get his last tech somewhere in the Ocean Palace without grinding. Marle and Lucca may get theirs also if you've kept them in the party since they've joined. For the other characters though, you would have to go out of your way to get their last techs before the Fated Hour. Usually, I grind a bit on Death Peak to get everyones' last techs because Magus OHKOs the enemy groups with a level 2 spell and they give out good TP.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 01, 2010, 12:30:31 AM »
To clarify, I meant Crono getting Luminaire specifically.  Other Ultimates are gotten are wildly varying times.  The only Final Tech that seems reasonable for somewhere in the Black Omen would be Magus', cause he has a late start to begin with, and his moves take a good deal of TP to learn anyway IIRC, relative to others of similar levels.

Crono for me has gotten Luminaire on Mt. Woe the earliest, HOWEVER, this was in a file where I adamantly tried to buy a few things from the Medina Village Shop, so a lot of fighting in the Hunting Range occurred (Nu's are 30 TP each, after all), due to most efficient means of money being "Hunting Range -> Trade in for Arms and Swords -> Sell -> Repeat" but that's a specific power gaming moment and doesn't count!  Generally, I remember often seeing Luminaire gotten right before the Golem Twins (like...literally, RIGHT BEFORE them, we're talking maybe 3 fights), though that requires some luck with Seal All enemies and what not; either way, Crono is often well on his way for Luminaire at this point, in my experience.

Other PCs are often nowhere near this, cause of cycling PCs, though Lucca/Marle/Robo with consistent usage probably could pull a similar stunt, but I've never bothered to try.  Generally, Mid Fated Hour is where I see stuff like Flare, Shock, etc. kick in, and as I said, Dark Matter on Magus is much later for obvious reasons.

Either way, even with poor Seal All enemy luck, and cycling PCs, I feel you should get at least a few Final Techs by the Black Omen, Luminaire being definitely one of them unless you both have not gotten it in the Ocean Palace (Fair), AND have neglected using Crono the entire 2nd half.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #1035 on: March 01, 2010, 12:42:43 AM »
Haven't had a lot of time for games lately, but I've been slowly working on the Revenant Wings stat topic as I've been playing it, so I want to talk about that for a little while.

The game has a fairly simple skill formula. Every skill in the game has a base potency value, and then there's just a series of multipliers that are applied before spitting out actual damage.

This includes each allied and enemy unit's basic physicals, which change depending on what kind of weapon they equip. Since Revenant Wings is a RTS with FF skills, all units are primarily spamming their basic 'physicals' as much as possible, so any special attributes on the physical is extremely helpful in-game as special abilities (while awesome) don't last very long and take too long to recharge. Most units have a basic physical of 10, though there's a few weapons that do special things like 3 hits of 8. Magic units sling basic spells like Blizzard (also 10 base damage), depending on the element of their weapon. In the case of Blizzard, sometimes there's a status attached like Silence, which hits 100% of the time, but only lasts for a seconds, though it can be reapplied if the unit continues spamming his basic 'physical'. Healers spam low-level cure spells at their allies (and themselves). No Healers in the game have any ability to deal physical damage, and there are only 2 Holy-typed spells they can use for damage. Really awesome support units, though their basic spammable cure spell doesn't heal that much, so you tend to need a lot of them to be really effective.

Besides base power, there is a base stat multiplier. For every 200 points of Strength or Magick, this multiplier increases by 1. It starts at 1, and max base stats in this game hover around 500, so you're never seeing more than a 3x multiplier, and most likely you'll never see more than a 2x multiplier by endgame (stats around 300). I'm guessing this is how they tried to make tiers of difficulty. It basically only serves to make the final sidequests really really difficult without grinding your stats to 400-450.

The next multiplier is your basic divisional defense formula. Base power is multiplied by (Attacker's Attack stat / Defender's Defense stat) for either Physical or Magical abilities.

Multiplier #3 is the typing advantage, Fire Emblem-style. There's a rock-paper-scissors set of Melee > Ranged > Flying > Melee. All units fall into one of these categories (Healers are ranged) and these multipliers are set. The Ranged/Flying relationship is a bit less balanced than the rest.
Melee: 1.3x damage to Ranged; 0.45x damage to Flying
Ranged: 1.8x damage to Flying; 0.45x damage to Melee
Flying: 1.3x damage to Melee; 1x damage to Ranged
Same-type matches: 1x damage

Multiplier #4: Elemental multiplier - Defender's Elemental weakness and resist effect damage by constant multipliers. Depends on equipment for Leader units. Note that the game doesn't have any visible method of showing the difference in potency of the resists/weaknesses, so I had to look up all of them from the Ultimania.
Espers have set elemental weaknesses and resists, depending on Rank.
Rank 1 Espers take 1.1x damage from their weakness, and 0.9x from their resisted element.
Rank 2 weakness: 1.2x; resist: 0.75x.
Rank 3 weakness: 1.25x; resist: 0.5x.

Multiplier #5: Support abilities - Various multipliers from accessories, skills, buffs, debuffs, and status effects. Each of these had to be translated from the Ultimania on a skill-by-skill basis.

Now, in-game everything happens real-time, so the relatively small damage numbers compared to HP numbers aren't so bad due to the fairly quick pace. Viewing it from a turn-based perspective would make it seem like enemies take forever to kill and that healing is outright useless. It's not.

Each skill/basic physical in the game has a casting time, which is generally less than a second (all of these were found in the Ultimania), then a recovery time (the unit can act again, also short), and in the case of Special skils (Gambits), a recharge/cooldown period before the Gambit can be used again (significantly long enough to generally prevent being used again before the unit can pull off about 5x as many physicals).

This balances in-game quite well as you may very well get to use your Gambit, get in 5 attacks, and then use it again before enemies die (due to the relatively low amount of damage being dealt). In the DL view, all of this would be averaged against the other cast members and taken according to the 2.5x (3x in Tai's case) interpretation, making damage look really good. Healing gets kind of shafted though, due to not receiving that averaged boost to effectiveness, and not receiving any significant decrease in relative casting speed. Still, infinite resources, so Penelo makes a cool Light!

Stat topic progress:
I have a spreadsheet with every Leader Unit's basic and Gambit skills' base power, range, casting time, recovery time, recharge time, and special effects. Times are listed in seconds, so it's very easy to determine how fast each skill is. I also have status effect durations listed in seconds.

I have every PC's base stats and growths listed, and it was easy to derive endgame stats from that (checked against actual endgame stats).

I have all useful weapons/armors stats and abilities and elemental resists listed and default setups have already been figured into the endgame derived stats.

Accessories in this game each give a unique PC passive ability, and I have most of these translated and their multipliers listed.

Things left to do: Finish accessories, put it all together, calculate damage against average enemy stats.

Final Boss stuff is difficult to translate, so I'm just not bothering. I will try to get Mydia and Ba'Gamnan though. Espers' stats/skills would be another large translation undertaking that I don't really want to do, but I can (and may do at some point, if only for rankable Shiva hype).

Thoughts on the game itself: I'm not a fan of RTS, but this one has been surprisingly enjoyable so far, especially as a one or two maps-per-sitting project. Story is really... Grandia 1-esque. Incredibly light-hearted and cute. It's refreshing, and now that Fran and Balthier are around, being badass for no good reason other than to be badass, the plot is entertaining again. Best part of the character interaction is still the logbook arguments and confessionals.

Still, it's VERY jRPG PLOT. Not good by a long shot, just... cute, really.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #1036 on: March 01, 2010, 01:04:46 AM »
FE6- Beated.  I dunno.  On the one hand it's very coherent and moves from chapter to chapter in a logical way.  And FE6 enemies seem unusually incompetent, so catching people up is pretty painless and even if a character gets some bad RNG luck, it's unlikely they'll become a liability for you.  On the other hand the map design seems to be intentionally irritating.  while the reinforcements thing is a part of this, after a point it's not really relevant.  Spamming goddamned Berserk Druids hiding where you can't realistically attack them meanwhile... argn;lk.
Still, alright on the whole.  Probably slightly worse than FE7, but not in an offensive way.  7/10.  I can't guarantee I'd feel this way if I hadn't savestated the fuck out of certain portions of the game though.

Team!

Roy- The promotion is as stupid as advertised.  Afterwords, he decided to NEVER GAIN SPEED AGAIN.  He failed to double the goddamned dark dragon.  What the hell boy.  He was a contributing fighter before he slammed into his cap, but he was largely a liability in the back half of the game, and was easily LVP in the last chapters.
Heavy.  The total defensive package is impressive, and healing, even running off his offensive charges, is good, but falls short of the 2HKO, which sucks for him.

Lilina- Smash.  She felt like gaining speed, so with Roy there to make her hit things, they died.  And died and died.
Hum.  Light?  2HKOs, but poor durability and questionable accuracy make me hesitate to put her in Middle.

Lugh- MVP, probably.  Hit promotion first, and even after that he was a key second healer, then probably trailed a little behind Miledy and Sue.  Still, he was good the entire game and only in the last chapters did people really pass him.
Middle.  Competent but not murderous.

Allen- Solid.  Not spectacular (I decided to keep him on Lances... then he rarely gained Skill.) and generally obsoleted by Miledy, but held his own.
Middle.

Ellen- Healer!  Since Sages start with a bloody E and gain weapon ranks painfully slow, the only one who could spam delicious, delicious Physic staves.  Mmm, range.
Light.  The fact that she routinely doubled enemies, could one-round them, and was rarely hit despite being a fairly average Ellen is one of the reasons I'm convinced FE6 enemies are offensively incompetent.

Sue- Excellent.  She struggled with low strength in the midgame, only picking off soft targets, but THEN Wyvern Swarm happened.  Plus of course her great promotion gains compensated her only real lack.  Between that and picking off archers/mages behind walls, ultimately my highest levelled unit.  
Heavy?  She's basically Lyn, statistically.

Fir- Best Swordmaster in the series?  Quite possible.  Top notch evade, strength is alright (well, I had a strength blessed Fir, so), and FE6 crits.  Yeaah.  She had 80 crit using Wa Daos.  Seriously.  80.  What the hell.
Heavy.

Elphin- Bard.  He had pretty good gains really, I'm not sure if this was RNG luck or if he's just great on stats.
Uh yeah.  Bard.

Miledy- She gained Def and Strength like a Wyvern should... then gained speed and skill like a peg knight should.  So basically she's Tana.  Definitely took over the MVP mantle in the last stretch, she she was the team tank and took the Maltet from Allen.  even bows couldn't really ruin her day.  That said, it wasn't until about 3 levels before promotion that she looked like any sort of MVP candidate.  Her starting speed isn't so hot.
Middle.  Slammed hard into her speed cap... if I remember the topic right, this is normal.  Which she hates with a fury, because it's 1 point shy of being ABLE to double average.

Dieck- Filler.  He got pretty good in the home stretch, but generally seemed weak as Mercs go, never really got evade and the speed was lackluster.  Cut for the final battles, though he would have made it if not for Forced Fa nonsense.
Middle.

Thany- Mehh.  I used her the entire game and she never pulled her weight properly.  Dodgey enough, but so bad on strength that even eating both Energy Rings I had she couldn't one-round on a double.  First cut for the final maps.
Middle, I'm assuming.  Doubles save her offense and she probably has enough dodge to keep from being 2HKOed too often.  I think.

Rutger- He had some terrible luck on strength, so he was the last to promote.  After that he tried to make a comeback, but ultimately Fir was way too far ahead of him for it to stick.  Good enough against soft targets but little more, despite freaky +30 Crit.  Benched for the last battles.
Heavy/Middle  I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the strength he picked up to after promotion brought him back to normal, so the offense is good for DL purposes, but his evade is merely okay as SMs go.

I played around with a few other people early, but ultimately dropped any axe users and gave up on the Armads.  And I already had infinite mages, so getting an Apoc or Aureola user was out.  Though Karel, Niime, and Yodel got use on their debut maps, they didn't come back out.  Karel probably could have, but restrictive final map slots (and of course Fir already got the Durandal).
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 01, 2010, 01:25:35 AM »
Alice is a beast to the point of not funny. I thought no one can more broken than Aldy, how wrong I was.......
On the other hand, the newly wed Dark Knight and Alchemist turn out to be terrible hit box too small, duration is short, and hits enemy way too high. How am I going to conect anything liek that?
And poor milk cow, she has become total air and only got mentioned when the rest of the cast needs cow jokes against her will.

The key to Axelfimi is that their moves come out really fast. The Vysaga-ish energy slash is so quick that you can wait until the enemy is actually inside the hitbox and it'll connect. The only one I've had trouble with timing on is the punch combo that ends in Byakko-Ko.

Also, Kaguya actually gets plot later! I just saw it.

Anyway, I've also gotten the punchy-glove, and would like to point out that the scene where you get it is fucking sublime. Funniest gag in either EF game thus far. Also, MT Overdrives are super ultimate cheese when combined with the game's many, many ways to boost the frontier gauge.
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 01, 2010, 01:53:00 AM »
EF2 - What the hell is this I don't even

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 01, 2010, 05:14:53 AM »
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams: Beaten.  I'll have a full rant later.  All I can say is "..." to who Arin and Tenkai is.  I mean...ok, Arin I can see cause the nature of that character was just very...well, you couldn't apply realistic logic to it if you wanted, so yeah, whatever, but Tenkai? All I can say is "DAMN YOU CAPCOM!!!!"

That said, pretty good game, though has a few flaws, most of them present only in the end, that hold it back from being truly great.  Still typical Capcom coming through with another decent game.  I am almost inclined to play the first two games, but I keep hearing "NO! THEY'RE JUST OLD RESIDENT EVIL WITH SWORDS!" so uh...yeah, maybe I'll stay away from those two <_<

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 01, 2010, 09:09:06 AM »
Alice is a beast to the point of not funny. I thought no one can more broken than Aldy, how wrong I was.......
On the other hand, the newly wed Dark Knight and Alchemist turn out to be terrible hit box too small, duration is short, and hits enemy way too high. How am I going to conect anything liek that?
And poor milk cow, she has become total air and only got mentioned when the rest of the cast needs cow jokes against her will.

The key to Axelfimi is that their moves come out really fast. The Vysaga-ish energy slash is so quick that you can wait until the enemy is actually inside the hitbox and it'll connect. The only one I've had trouble with timing on is the punch combo that ends in Byakko-Ko.

Also, Kaguya actually gets plot later! I just saw it.

Anyway, I've also gotten the punchy-glove, and would like to point out that the scene where you get it is fucking sublime. Funniest gag in either EF game thus far. Also, MT Overdrives are super ultimate cheese when combined with the game's many, many ways to boost the frontier gauge.

It' won't be problematic if their attack are too fast, but having short duration hit box is huge problem. I have problem connecting his Vysaga based skill set due to that.
Punchy glove? You means Rare Hunter.... I think I saw that back in NxC somewhere.....
Speaking of which, Saya got even more plans, so, when is NxC2 again?

And game finished, I am totally disappointed that Lemon did not appear... I mean, how could Terada not troll us with her?
I was totally expecting the following scenario:

Lemon: W00, I am your mother!!
Harken: Whaaat!?
Lemon: Axel, you are his father!!
Axel: Whaaaat!?
Alcheime: Axel!! How could you!! This is our honeymoon!!
Axel: Wait, I can explain!!

How dare it did not happen!!!

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 01, 2010, 09:24:01 AM »
Just don't spoil anything about the game please. >_>

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 01, 2010, 11:00:58 AM »
Now playing: NOTHING! Here is why

*I turn on the ps3 and try to sign into psn*
*Error*
(Me) - How odd? Oh well it doesn't matter I'll just play some star ocean 4. With my lv 50 Faize and lv40 filler characters its time to kick shadow ass.
(PS3) - Your trophies failed to load.....*YUMMY*
(Me) Wait what? Let me try again.
(PS3) Keep trying and you'll keep failing.....*Crunch*
*I look at my trophy list to see star ocean 4 missing*
(Me) Did you EAT MY TROPHIES?
(PS3) Pretty much hahahah.
(Me) Maybe its the star ocean 4 disc I have? I'll try Dynasty warriors 5 empires.
(PS3) - More food? You spoil me. *Crunch*
(Me) Them too? Can I at least play my games?
(PS3) You can play MG4 and lets see, Disgaea 3. Anything else and I'll eat you.
(Me) Well thank you very much but I'll just play my downloaded games.
(PS3) Downloaded games? Oh I had them all an hour ago sorry.
*I explode*
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 11:27:48 AM by Rozalia »

Bobbin Cranbud

• Denizen
    • View Profile
    • The Writing of Joshua Cole
« Reply #1043 on: March 01, 2010, 04:54:33 PM »
Now playing: NOTHING! Here is why

*I turn on the ps3 and try to sign into psn*
*Error*
(Me) - How odd? Oh well it doesn't matter I'll just play some star ocean 4. With my lv 50 Faize and lv40 filler characters its time to kick shadow ass.
(PS3) - Your trophies failed to load.....*YUMMY*
(Me) Wait what? Let me try again.
(PS3) Keep trying and you'll keep failing.....*Crunch*
*I look at my trophy list to see star ocean 4 missing*
(Me) Did you EAT MY TROPHIES?
(PS3) Pretty much hahahah.
(Me) Maybe its the star ocean 4 disc I have? I'll try Dynasty warriors 5 empires.
(PS3) - More food? You spoil me. *Crunch*
(Me) Them too? Can I at least play my games?
(PS3) You can play MG4 and lets see, Disgaea 3. Anything else and I'll eat you.
(Me) Well thank you very much but I'll just play my downloaded games.
(PS3) Downloaded games? Oh I had them all an hour ago sorry.
*I explode*

This is supposed to fix itself this evening.  It's an internal clock bug caused by, of all ridiculous things, Y2k.  Preliminary reports indicate you won't actually *lose* any of your saves, trophies or downloaded content, it just isn't available right now. :P
Read my webnovel, Eye Opener, now available on RoyalRoad.

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 01, 2010, 05:02:21 PM »
So a clock bug makes it impossible to play games at all? Who programmed this crap?
-Ponder Stibbons

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 01, 2010, 05:09:58 PM »
The same people that exploited and "fixed" the Y2K bug, who figured they needed job security?
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 01, 2010, 06:02:32 PM »
Estpolis - Well, this is decidedly different.

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 01, 2010, 06:51:02 PM »
It' won't be problematic if their attack are too fast, but having short duration hit box is huge problem. I have problem connecting his Vysaga based skill set due to that.
Punchy glove? You means Rare Hunter.... I think I saw that back in NxC somewhere.....

The thing is that the fast execution means you can wait until the enemy's right in front of Axel before pulling the trigger. It's more annoying with other characters because not only is there a short window to land the hit, but you have to factor the windup time into the equation. Axel's happens instantly so there's no guesswork of "I guess he'll fall in a second and ahalf..."

As for the scene, Pete Pain's about to do the usual EF boss "I don't care that you beat me, I'm just going to do what I was doing anyway and teleport away" routine when MOMO says "fuck this, STEALING MOVE FROM THE FIRST XS GAME THAT NOBODY EVEN REMEMBERS" and fishing-poles the glove right off his hand. It was just a perfect in-game use of something that (a) only ever comes up in battle and (b) is from so long ago that I think I'm the only person who remembered that it even existed.
-Ponder Stibbons

DomaDragoon

• Lazy
  • Denizen
  • Boink.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 01, 2010, 07:53:42 PM »
WAXF: 2.1, In Which I Hum The Theme From Jaws And Crush Everyone With My +2 Gear.

Re: CT Luminaire - I usually get it just at the end or right after the Mountain of Woe.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 01, 2010, 08:28:11 PM »
ToV- Up to Elhemd hill.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...