Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 26  (Read 3590 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 26
« on: January 06, 2010, 01:43:33 AM »

"Hmph... let's see what you're capable of this week."

Team Djinn vs. Floor 6
Team Gatewalker vs. Floor 4
Team Unoriginal vs. Floor 2
Team Nephrite vs. Floor 1

Team Djinn's Matches

Floor 7a: Sealed Stones

"So... you like using Sealstones. Unfortunately for you, I also enjoy the idea."

Battle #31: Rika (Multitarget) and FFX Lulu

Rika: I fight for the future of Algo!
Lulu: Hm. Let us see what you can do.

Battle #32: Jude, Raquel, Arnaud and Yulie (Violent Burst Law)

Jude: I'll fight, along with my ARM!
Arnaud: Let's go!
Raquel: Yes, let us.

Battle #33: VP2 Brahms (Firefly), Cecilia and Tidus (Caladbolg)

Brahms: Feel the power of Darkness!
Cecilia: Hah! Let's go, fools!
Tidus: This is my ... I forgot.

Battle #34: Cecil (Life), Rydia and Edge

Cecil: I will protect you both.
Rydia: I'll kill you!
Edge: NINJA!

Boss Battle #7: Jane, Fogel and Mewtwo (Status Symbol Law)

Jane: CALAMITY JANE!
Fogel: You truly wish to cross me?
Mewtwo: You... are all fools.

Team Gatewalker's Matches

Floor 5c: Fly Me to the Moon

"So, you've found your way here. Very well, I think I'll make you fight some interesting people from

beyond this terrestial plane."

Battle #21: Luna, Alex, Lucia and Ghaleon (EB/EBC Boss)

Luna: Alex...!
Alex: I will protect you, Luna!
Lucia: Ghaleon, I expect of you...
Ghaleon: Yes, yes... I'm aware.

Battle #22: Zeromus, Fusoya and Golbez

Zeromus: AS LONG AS THERE EXISTS DARKNESS OF THE HEARTS OF MORTALS...
Fusoya: Lunarians...
Golbez: I will defeat you.

Battle #23: Albedo and Virgil

Albedo: Let's go, ma peche.
Virgil: If you call me that one more time I'm going to kill you.

Battle #24: Dolan, Kevin and Lugar

Dolan: I don't get any lines. :T
Kevin: Kevin think this fun!
Lugar: HRRR!!

Boss Battle #5: Orgulla and Margulis

Orgulla: Sir, that wasn't a moon, that was a planet!
Margulis: We'll destroy them all with our DS system.

Team Unoriginal's Matches

Floor 3b: Multiples (Before Midgame)

So you want to try multiple foes? Let's see how you like this, then!

*All ST is MT for this floor. ALL of it.

Battle FF1 White Wizard, FF1 Knight, FF1 Ninja and FF1 Red Wiz

Knight: Let us go, fellow warriors!
White Wiz: Yes, we shall not allow your passage here!

Battle #12: Yosuke and Tengaar

Yosuke: GO, SUSANOO!!!
Tengaar: HIX!! ...Oh you're not here...

Battle #13: Kanji, Ramza, Tidus and Crono

Kanji: Crush 'em, Rokuten-Maoh!!
Ramza: Of course, Alma!!
Tidus: Heh heh! Let's go!

Battle #14: Yuna, Rand, FFT Chemist and Marle

Yuna: I will not allow you to pass!
Rand: I'll fight you.
Marle: *pats her butt

Boss Battle #4: Nina4, Yulie, Jane and FFT Priest

Nina: I'm afraid I can't let you through here.
Jess: Er... um... ...I think it'll be okay?
Porom: I will defeat you all!

Team Nephrite's Matches

Floor 2a: THESE! ARE! BOSSES!!

Battle #6: Milon, Baigan and Kainazzo (FF4 SNES)

Milon: I have returned from death to crush you!
Kainazzo: Oh, that fool? The one who refused to give his kingdom to me...?

Battle #7: Booster and Mack

Booster: WELCOME TO MY TOWER!!!

Battle #8: Scarmiglione (FF4 DS)

Scarmiglione: Ha ha ha... I have come back from death yet again...

Battle #9: Kary and Kraken

Kary: I, the Fiend of Fire shall stop you!

Boss Battle #2: Augus and Nimufu

Augus: Yes! Fight to the death for my god...

---------------------------------------------

Team Djinn | Cloud, Raquel, Aika. Tear, Aeris  (Violent Burst Law)
[Materia: Mastered: Cover, Revive, Transform+All, HP Plus, Deathblow | HP Plus]
[Floor 7a: Sealed Stones]
*Please use the descriptions of the Sealstones in the bottom of the post for these.
Team Djinn vs. Rika (Multitarget) and FFX Lulu
Team Djinn vs. Jude, Raquel, Arnaud and Yulie (Violent Burst Law)
Team Djinn vs. VP2 Brahms (Firefly), Cecilia and Tidus (Caladbolg)
Team Djinn vs. Cecil (Life), Rydia and Edge
Team Djinn vs. Jane, Fogel and Mewtwo (Status Symbol Law)

Team Gatewalker | Fogel, Aeonless Yuna, Eileen, Tia, Ditto (Quick Powder)(MT)
[Floor 5c: Fly me to the Moon]
Team Gatewalker vs. Luna, Alex, Lucia, Ghaleon (EB/EBC)
Team Gatewalker vs. Zeromus (FF4), FuSoYa and Golbez (FF4DS, No plot paralysis)
**Full Heal
Team Gatewalker vs. XS1 Albedo and XS1 Virgil
Team Gatewalker vs. Dolan, Kevin and Lugar
Team Gatewalker vs. Orgulla and Margulis (XS2)

Team Unoriginal | Bartz, Fogel, Peppita, Aeris, Ditto (Quick Powder)(MT)
[Bartz: Thief, Monk | Blue Mage, Agility Secondary]
[Floor 3b: Multiples]
*All ST is MT
Team Unoriginal vs. FF1 White Wizard, Knight, Ninja and Red Wizard
Team Unoriginal vs. Yosuke and Tengaar
Team Unoriginal vs. Kanji, Ramza, Tidus (Caladbolg) and Crono
*Full Heal
Team Unoriginal vs. Yuna, Rand, FFT Chemist and Marle
Team Unoriginal vs. Jane, Yulie, FFT Priest and Nina4

Team Nephrite | Yuri1, Yuri2, Arnaud, Ricardo (Life), Ditto (Quick Powder)
[Floor 2a: THESE! ARE! BOSSES!]
Team Nephrite vs. Milon, Baigan and Kainazzo (FF4 SNES)
Team Nephrite vs. Booster and Mack
Team Nephrite vs. Scarmiglione-Z (FF4 DS)
*Full Heal
Team Nephrite vs. Kary and Kraken
Team Nephrite vs. Augus and Nimufu (BoF2)

Multitarget - One person on the team's actions all become Multitargetted. However, the damage of regular attacks, the healing of all spells that restore HP or MP, the status rates of status spells or attacks and the effect of buffs or debuffs (rounded down to the nearest half point in the case of Pokemon) is reduced to 50% of the original base chance. (For example, Deadly Fingertips has a max 50% chance of hitting all targets.) This applies even if there is only one opponent left.

Life - One character's healing effects now also allows for revival, but reduces the final effect of any healing by 50%. (This means full healing is always 50%) The healing also only revives characters with 1 HP.

Violent Burst Law - Characters with game-specific gauges begin each floor with them at 100%. They charge at 50% of their normal rates. Bars that normally reset after battle (FP, for example) persist through battles.

Firefly - The first single target attack of any kind of redirected to the bearer of this Sealstone.

Status Symbol Law - The team is fully protected from status and debuffs but has damage done to them increased to 1.1x and damage done reduced to .9x.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 26
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 02:12:34 AM »
Real quick, please scale Fogel in teams to endgame stats only. Do not scale him against the stats of early and mid-game units.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 02:17:44 AM »
Fogel without the early-midgame scaling deserves a full point drop, just as a reminder.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 03:43:00 AM »
Team Djinn | Cloud, Raquel, Aika. Tear, Aeris  (Violent Burst Law)
*Please use the descriptions of the Sealstones in the bottom of the post for these.
Cloud/Aeris/Raquel all block ID.  Tear..  has an argument IIRC?  Anyway, Delta Shield + Cloud blocking ID makes Lulu a complete nonentity.  Rika can try and Eliminat Aika and maybe Tear...  except it runs off AGL so Aika's chance of surviving are decent even before it's cut in half...  and even if it hits, they're both getting MT Frogged by Cloud.  And if Psy Shield saves Rika she gets exploded by Raquel and regardless has a Froggy Lulu as support.  Yeah.

Cloud blocks ID so even Arnaud ID weapon hype is no go.  Delta Shield deals with Arnaud otherwise, then Cloud MT Frogs them since I don't think transform exists in WA4.

Cloud can MT Frog which only gets Tidus, but Tidus will already have Hastega'd...  well, Ceci and Tidus at least (Mind Lock on Brahms means oops).  Delta Shield means no Cecilia Prison hype on Raquel, though, so uh she tries to buff, Brahms hits Cloud, but then Raquel goes on some kind of horrible killing spree, Intrudes through Brahms's HP, then kills Cecilia.  Raquel Moonlights a bunch while Froggy Tidus sits there pecking at Cloud.

(Alternatively, Djinn can blow a limit here - even Seal Evil will do the trick, Cover means Tidus can't Delay Buster Aeris before Cecilia Lock States.)

Edge Sleeps Cloud, but the train stops there.  Aika confuses Rydia, Tear Sleeps *Edge*, and Raquel busts up Cecil.  Cecil can tap one of his deranged party members, but worst case is Rydia summons Odin - when 3-4/5 party members are blocking ID.  Bahamut just gets healed.  As usual, once only a single confused Rydia is left doing whip attacks, Raquel moonlights back whatever FP she needs (and Aika uses Epsilon Mirror to restore Raquel's MP if necessary, then focuses a little to restore SP).

Edit: In response to Nephrite, good point, assumed Rydia wouldn't be using Black Magic thus no need for Delta Shield.  So Aika uses Delta Shield after all which has the effect of...  giving Cecil his turn back so he doesn't have to tap Rydia.  He can tap Edge - which won't stop the slaughter - or he can go on the offense, which isn't happening.  Nah, messy Raquel Intrusion goes off.

Initiative OHKO?  Ack.  (Edit: Thought that the OHKO was full MT at first!  Oops.  Djinn wins even with them being MT though.)  Unload with limits after Mewtwo is forced to Tackle or something due to init. Delta Shield.   And yeah, them not being MT makes this academic.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 04:20:38 AM by SnowFire »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 04:11:05 AM »
Edge Sleeps Cloud, but the train stops there.  Aika confuses Rydia, Tear Sleeps *Edge*, and Raquel busts up Cecil.  Cecil can tap one of his deranged party members, but worst case is Rydia summons Odin - when 3-4/5 party members are blocking ID.  Bahamut just gets healed.  As usual, once only a single confused Rydia is left doing whip attacks, Raquel moonlights back whatever FP she needs (and Aika uses Epsilon Mirror to restore Raquel's MP if necessary, then focuses a little to restore SP).

If Cecil smacks Rydia to get her out of Confusion and Aika hasn't Delta Shielded, what prevents Rydia from Pigging everyone and the fight being over?

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 05:06:26 AM »
Floor 7a: Sealed Stones

Team Djinn vs. Rika (Multitarget) and FFX Lulu - DeltaShield has initiative so Rika's ID is pointless. Her MT Physical Damage is somewhat scary to frailer party members though. She doesn't OHKO anyone, though Aeris is probably hurting. Cloud uses Transform on her and she's no longer a problem. Anything Lulu does tinks off of DeltaShield, and then Cloud Transforms her, too. Once they are both Frogs, Aika's not wasting resources on DS anymore, and my healers patch me up before the next fight.

Team Djinn vs. Jude, Raquel, Arnaud and Yulie (Violent Burst Law) - Ah, the scary one. If Raquel gets a turn, it's my own strategy against me! Jude gets off some damage here, but he's not OHKOing anyone. (Maaybe Aeris?) Since there's not a lot of good magic damage here, Aika could Swirlmarang Arnaud, which shuts down his stat game. Yulie and Raquel are not getting a turn before my average-speeders. If the WA4 crew is blocking Confuse, then Aika DS's and Tear has the option to Nightmare them all to dreamland.   Once asleep, I can heal up/revive anyone. If they're blocking Sleep, then I waste Cloud's Transform-All and heal up/revive while they're busy being Frogs. Pick them off at my leisure. If somehow they don't all end up as Frogs, Tear can waste Innocent Shine here to take out whichever one is most dangerous.

Team Djinn vs. VP2 Brahms (Firefly), Cecilia, and Tidus (Caladbolg) - Scary fight, but I have a decent amount of MT here. Cover takes care of Brahms/Tidus if they try for physicals. DeltaShield staves off Slowga/Cecilia status. Hastega is still scary, but Cloud's fully healed from the last battle and once he gets a turn, it's time for Omnislash. Even if one of them survives, my team can pick them off easily enough.

Team Djinn vs. Cecil (Life), Rydia and Edge - Rydia and Cecil are terribly slow, and Delta Shield keeps Edge's paralysis status under control.  Edge can try to Sleep Cloud, but FF7 has Sleep blockers. Raquel should have no trouble getting a turn. She can use a mere 75 FP to Intrude them all to death. Even if she misses Edge because he used Image status or something, he'll be by himself and that would just give my team a chance to status him and heal up.

Team Djinn vs. Jane, Fogel and Mewtwo (Status Symbol Law) - Yikes! No status whoring this round! Luckily, Delta Shield has initiative and even if Jane lets Mewtwo go before the rest of my team, the psychic kitty can't hurt us. Fogel might OHKO Cloud... if SSL didn't make his stats all crappy and 2xHP-Plus Cloud was really really injured from the last fight? If he -does- OHKO Cloud, this becomes harder, but Tear puts some magic hurt on Fogel and Raquel finishes the job, using Intrude if she needs to (in case MewTwo decided to start a buffing game). Once Fogel's down, it's Jane and a magic-user vs. Delta Shield. Raquel eventually gets enough FP to Intrude through any defenses the kitty puts up. And that's assuming Aeris died at some point and lost her Great Gospel limit and that Cloud gets KO'd.

Tough floor, but I think my team handles it. (And all without Full Heal Limit-restoring cheese!)

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 05:18:49 AM »
^^^ Yes, just with Cover and Delta Shield cheese. =p

I suppose I should hype my own team.

Team Nephrite vs. Milon, Baigan and Kainazzo (FF4 SNES) - whatever.
Team Nephrite vs. Booster and Mack - Arnaud should have Slow Down by now. Use it on Booster, buff up, kill him. Mack is a non-entity.
Team Nephrite vs. Scarmiglione-Z (FF4 DS) - Healed to death.
*Full Heal
Team Nephrite vs. Kary and Kraken - Slow Down Kary, blahblahblah.
Team Nephrite vs. Augus and Nimufu (BoF2) - If Nimufu happens to outspeed Arnaud, I'm in trouble. I doubt it, though, and she gets pounded into the floor. If she does happen to outspeed Arnaud, her sleep will be problematic, but I really don't see how it'd be that hard.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 05:30:31 AM »
Just pointing out that Rika's ID is physical.

The new wording of the MT sealstone probably makes it crap anyway, though.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 05:36:12 AM »
Team Djinn | Cloud, Raquel, Aika. Tear, Aeris  (Violent Burst Law)
Cloud/Aeris/Raquel all block ID.  Tear..  has an argument IIRC?  Anyway, Delta Shield + Cloud blocking ID makes Lulu a complete nonentity.  Rika can try and Eliminat Aika and maybe Tear...  except it runs off AGL so Aika's chance of surviving are decent even before it's cut in half...  and even if it hits, they're both getting MT Frogged by Cloud.  And if Psy Shield saves Rika she gets exploded by Raquel and regardless has a Froggy Lulu as support.  Yeah.

Lulu has both a Sleeptouch weapon and a Deathtouch/Strike weapon, even if it takes a quick-recharging turn to do so.  Rika can go for a double PsyShield and Saner first, and then a Deban ('cause hell if I don't see Raquel getting a turn before Rika gets two, especially after Saner).  Lulu's still a threat, and can survive a few blows afterwards, 'cause Saner is AWESOME for evade (evades all physicals except ITE at this point?) and Deban is an awesome defense buff.  Rika doesn't need to fight at all, and Aika (the one that needs to hit her) has a hard time actually hitting her after Saner (and Rika goes before non-Delta Shield Aika?).  Awesome.

Cloud blocks ID so even Arnaud ID weapon hype is no go.  Delta Shield deals with Arnaud otherwise, then Cloud MT Frogs them since I don't think transform exists in WA4.

What does Jude's Funny Pose do to Cloud?

Cloud can MT Frog which only gets Tidus, but Tidus will already have Hastega'd...  well, Ceci and Tidus at least (Mind Lock on Brahms means oops).  Delta Shield means no Cecilia Prison hype on Raquel, though, so uh she tries to buff, Brahms hits Cloud, but then Raquel goes on some kind of horrible killing spree, Intrudes through Brahms's HP, then kills Cecilia.  Raquel Moonlights a bunch while Froggy Tidus sits there pecking at Cloud.

(Alternatively, Djinn can blow a limit here - even Seal Evil will do the trick, Cover means Tidus can't Delay Buster Aeris before Cecilia Lock States.)

Alternate: Ceci takes in the Holy Parasol to avoid being frogged, gets Hastega'd and then casts Lock State to save Tidus from being Frogged.  Either that, or she casts Hide, completely avoiding getting killed by physical damage at all.

Edge Sleeps Cloud, but the train stops there.  Aika confuses Rydia, Tear Sleeps *Edge*, and Raquel busts up Cecil.  Cecil can tap one of his deranged party members, but worst case is Rydia summons Odin - when 3-4/5 party members are blocking ID.  Bahamut just gets healed.  As usual, once only a single confused Rydia is left doing whip attacks, Raquel moonlights back whatever FP she needs (and Aika uses Epsilon Mirror to restore Raquel's MP if necessary, then focuses a little to restore SP).

Edit: In response to Nephrite, good point, assumed Rydia wouldn't be using Black Magic thus no need for Delta Shield.  So Aika uses Delta Shield after all which has the effect of...  giving Cecil his turn back so he doesn't have to tap Rydia.  He can tap Edge - which won't stop the slaughter - or he can go on the offense, which isn't happening.  Nah, messy Raquel Intrusion goes off.

All three of the FFIV characters can opt for the Twisted Headband to block Confusion.  Also, it's noted in the Stat Topic that Odin seems to ignore standard ID immunity, so even Safety Bits/Holy Grail might not catch it.

Initiative OHKO?  Ack.  (Edit: Thought that the OHKO was full MT at first!  Oops.  Djinn wins even with them being MT though.)  Unload with limits after Mewtwo is forced to Tackle or something due to init. Delta Shield.   And yeah, them not being MT makes this academic.

If Jane is faster, she probably gets Follow Me off before Aika can Delta Shield.

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 05:37:23 AM »
Aika's Swirlmarang has 255% accuracy, if memory serves.  It isn't missing.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:40:14 AM by Unoriginal »

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 05:40:05 AM »
Delta Shield also has initiative.

Follow Me also has initiative, right?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:42:42 AM by Magic Fanatic »

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 05:46:50 AM »
^^^ Yes, just with Cover and Delta Shield cheese. =p

That's mostly to ensure a turn past all your status whores. Ironically, I'm mostly winning my fights by status-whoring!

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 05:56:37 AM »
Nephrite's explanation works for me, so pass for him.

Djinn: Eliminat isn't magic though?  So it gets through Delta Shield, it just doesn't matter.  And Rika's MT damage is in no way scary, the MT sealstone is cutting it in half and it's nothing special to begin with.

Also, endgame WA4 should definitely have 2 Badge Slots so they can block both confusion and sleep.  Don't see why you'd be "wasting" Cloud's Transform-All, the All replenishes every battle not every series of battles (a la Hojo), and even if it didn't, a Mastered All would have 5 shots.  The WA4 fight is all about seeing Cloud as outspeeding Yulie and Transform-Alling.  (Theoretically a speedier Yulie could have Jude & Arnaud move into her square then unleash a triple tech but I don't see Yulie anywhere near faster).

While Rydia and Cecil are slow, I think Raquel is pretty indisputably slower.  Doesn't matter because I think you win anyway!  But still.  (Incidentally this is also why Cloud probably wants to block ID not sleep, meaning that even if Rydia did get a turn she can't do much.  Cloud's got the Revive materia so letting him get IDed by Odin would be Bad.)

Magic Fanatic: I'd definitely say that Delta Shield is a higher "class" of initiative than Follow Me. 

"Lulu has both a Sleeptouch weapon and a Deathtouch/Strike weapon, even if it takes a quick-recharging turn to do so.  Rika can go for a double PsyShield and Saner first"
Cloud blocks ID.  Sleeptouch matters, but it's not guaranteed turn 1, and more importantly I doubt Saner speeds the sloooow Lulu up enough to hustle out Cloud before he Frogs her.  (I prorate the first turn of turn-based speed buffs, to be clear, so it's not quite as good turn 1).

"What does Jude's Funny Pose do to Cloud?"
Very little?  Cloud avoids it with MTing Transform.  The Pose does nothing to MT.

"Alternate: Ceci takes in the Holy Parasol to avoid being frogged, gets Hastega'd and then casts Lock State to save Tidus from being Frogged.  Either that, or she casts Hide, completely avoiding getting killed by physical damage at all."

Fair enough but this still doesn't stop Raquel from taking a turn and murdering Brahms.  Tal claims in chat that physicals bring Cecilia out of Hiding so not sure that strategy gets anywhere.  Also, worst comes to worst, Tear starts unleashing magical nukage.

"All three of the FFIV characters can opt for the Twisted Headband to block Confusion.  Also, it's noted in the Stat Topic that Odin seems to ignore standard ID immunity, so even Safety Bits/Holy Grail might not catch it."

Well as Nephrite pointed out Aika should be Delta Shielding anyway to stop Frog hype.  (Also, no Twist Headbands in FF4o for what it's worth.)  Since Odin was *god awful* in FF4o, I'm definitely not inclined to let him have super-ID that always works when in fact in-game he's terrible ID that never works.

Team Gatewalker vs. Luna, Alex, Lucia, Ghaleon (EB/EBC)
Uhhhhhhhhh.  Ghaleon charges up his big slow MT damage.  Yuna can Shell someone but as it stands probably Tia / Ditto will surely die from it, and Eileen will be gravely injured if she doesn't Copper Flesh?  But Eileen & Tia need to unleash some MT sweeping to get rid of Luna before she takes a turn.  Alex is very problematic as well, I let him halve all elements which means he tanks those spells like a champ...  but even if you didn't, I think Tia's only Fire / Ice / Lightning anyway so her damage at least will be halved.  I still distribute Fogel's three hits throughout the round which means he's not helping blitz to his fullest extent here.  And shockingly Luna's earlygame durability is not entirely bad, especially with Jessica factored in, so Fogel needs to hit Luna for me to make sure she dies.  So Fogel hits Luna, Eileen & Tia unleash MT spells...  but that means Alex is getting a turn.  I think Red Dragon Assault + Ghaleon's damage probably wipes everyone but Fogel; alternatively, Sword Dance Yuna to kill the reviver.  This looks bad, awaiting arguments.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 06:46:14 AM »
*All ST is MT
Team Unoriginal vs. FF1 White Wizard, Knight, Ninja and Red Wizard
Team Unoriginal vs. Yosuke and Tengaar - Does anyone on this team block Confuse? Aeris maybe? Not sure. I know Peppita and Fogel don't. Anyway, Yosuke is pretty speedy and Tentarafoos this team out. Tengaar SMASH takes out the weaker stragglers. If Ditto w/ Quick Powder is actually faster than Yosuke, it's even worse, as I'd force him to MT Transform the whole team into status-bait (like Fogel) or Aeris (to block Confuse, but now the whole team is a support character). Fogel status resistance respect not found.
Team Unoriginal vs. Kanji, Ramza, Tidus (Caladbolg) and Crono
*Full Heal
Team Unoriginal vs. Yuna, Rand, FFT Chemist and Marle
Team Unoriginal vs. Jane, Yulie, FFT Priest and Nina4

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 08:23:32 AM »
Djinn passes. Just to note, I can no idea if hitting an enemy out of confuse after Aika confuses them the same person actually lets them do whatever they want, but don't think it ends up mattering.

Gate is probably close enough to endgame that I could get a handle on his team, but how is MT Ditto figured to work. How does one half-transform?
...into the nightfall.

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 11:07:47 AM »
Not voting on Djinn due to no Aika and tear, but how threatening would Arnaud Jumping into Raquel's Hex and then unleashing a Genocide Edge be, I vaguely recall it being a slightly different kind of ID, though I could be wrong.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 11:30:57 AM »

Team Djinn | Cloud, Raquel, Aika. Tear, Aeris  (Violent Burst Law)
Team Djinn vs. Rika (Multitarget) and FFX Lulu- See Snowfire.
Team Djinn vs. Jude, Raquel, Arnaud and Yulie (Violent Burst Law)- I don't think Jude can one round anyone important offhand before Cloud goes. Aika is going to Confuse arnaud, and then Cloud starts in.
Team Djinn vs. VP2 Brahms (Firefly), Cecilia and Tidus (Caladbolg)- VP2 Brahms isn't status immune IIRC. Tidus can't solo the team by himself, since Delta Shield makes Cecilia fairly inept.
Team Djinn vs. Cecil (Life), Rydia and Edge- Edge puts Cloud to sleep. Aika can't confuse Rydia, so she opts for Delta Shield to prevent the status beatdowns from starting. Tear/Raquel can pound on Cecil, Aeris heals as need be. FEels fairly academic.
Team Djinn vs. Jane, Fogel and Mewtwo (Status Symbol Law)- Cover+Delta shield is too much. Cloud probably has enough HP to survive Fogel+Mewtwo by the end of the floor, which is damn scary. Even if they do kill Cloud, Great Gospel exists and Raquel still has 100 FP in which to slaughter them.

Team Gatewalker vs. Luna, Alex, Lucia, Ghaleon (EB/EBC)- Earthquake+Thunder=bye ladies. Fogel dispatches Alex and Ghaleon can't solo the fight.
Team Gatewalker vs. Zeromus (FF4), FuSoYa and Golbez (FF4DS, No plot paralysis)- Fogel one rounds Fu, Zeromus can't do enough by himself.
**Full Heal
Team Gatewalker vs. XS1 Albedo and XS1 Virgil- Albedo is a Limit fighter. Haha, good luck there. Virgil is extremely dangerous, but the team has some elemental damage he can't wall (Hi Tia) and Yuna can cure Shadow Wing's stop effect. So can Tia too, offhand.
Team Gatewalker vs. Dolan, Kevin and Lugar- Kevin gets one rounded, don't think the rest are dangerous.
Team Gatewalker vs. Orgulla and Margulis (XS2)- Copper flesh shots down both foes pretty well. A full chain from Orgulla smokes even Fogel, but that takes time to set up and Tia can smash elemental weaknesses here. Margulis can't do much thanks to Eileen's nasty MT damage.

*All ST is MT
Team Unoriginal vs. FF1 White Wizard, Knight, Ninja and Red Wizard- Fogel inflicts the usual unspeakable horrors. Knights survives but can't do anything on his own.
Team Unoriginal vs. Yosuke and Tengaar- Don't think Yosuke's confusion is enough since Tengaar is very unlikely to get a turn thanks to freeze daggers or a physical blitz.
Team Unoriginal vs. Kanji, Ramza, Tidus (Caladbolg) and Crono- Caladbolg is useless here for evade and counter. Mercifully for Uno's team.
*Full Heal
Team Unoriginal vs. Yuna, Rand, FFT Chemist and Marle- Half this team is getting one rounded by Fogel alone. That plus freeze daggers is too much.
Team Unoriginal vs. Jane, Yulie, FFT Priest and Nina4- I'm not sure a single person on this team besides Priest or Yulie sacrifice can break Fogel's defense. STatus does it's usual thing here.

Team Nephrite vs. Milon, Baigan and Kainazzo (FF4 SNES)
Team Nephrite vs. Booster and Mack- Too much durability offhand.
Team Nephrite vs. Scarmiglione-Z (FF4 DS)
*Full Heal
Team Nephrite vs. Kary and Kraken- Slow down rapes Kary so badly, and Kraken is a joke.
Team Nephrite vs. Augus and Nimufu (BoF2)- BUT BUT BUT BUT SLEEP?!? no.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 01:25:33 PM »
Nephrite and Uno pass. Abstain on Gate. Djinn falls because I see Follow Me as beating out Delta Shield.

Bardiche

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 01:54:45 PM »
In-game Follow Me! is beaten by the higher-initiative move of Accelerator, but as I recall it beats out Life's Flame. It's not top priority and Jack's notably slower than Jane. Take that as you will.

Everyone passes to me, though. Limit whoring on Djinn's side deals with whatever I find problematic.

The last fight, Mewtwo and Fogel are completely ST, and Djinn has revival in Tear and, if Aeris hasn't died before then, Aeris has revival as well in her Limit iirc. Regardless, Tear picks up Cloud, Aika gets off Delta Shield, Aeris heals Cloud if you don't let her limit here, and Raquel goes smaaaaaaaaaaash against Mewtwo.

Now it's Jane+Fogel VS Team Djinn, and that's only if you let Raquel actually not kill Fogel as well during her Intrude stint.

Hell, you don't even need Cloud anymore. Tear can just cast Nightmare on Jane to put her to sleep while the rest go SMAAAAAAAAASH on Mewtwo/Fogel. Probably Fogel 'cos DS stops Mewwie.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 02:21:37 PM »
Bardiche / dude: Well the enemy team has Status Symbol Law so Nightmare hype isn't really go.  But even still, the view that Follow Me > Delta Shield only lets Fogel & Mewtwo wipe Cloud at best.  5 Raquel turns with the enemy taking 10% more damage and having 10% less HP?  That's kinda game, as is an Aeris limit, even ignoring the "spam revival and healing at Cloud" bit.

Dhyer: Various interpretations on that, but I say that since Ditto can't half-transform, the MT sealstone falls back to a "50% chance" for buffs that can't be sensibly halved.  So for any specific opponent Ditto only has a 50% shot of being able to become it (though since it's MT, it's unlikely the turn is wasted, at least).

super: Well, if you allow Mind Lock I think Brahms basically is status-immune?

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 02:23:43 PM »
Hnnn ... don't think I see Yosuke managing to Tenta the entire group off the bat (based off P4's experiences vs decently sized group at times Yosuke wouldn't manage to confuse even half of them) - 40%~ is turn two to me anyway. Fogel is Fogel, Bartz is a Thief Monk apparently which I assume means fast damage. Peppita gets uhh ... three uses of Frozen Daggers in a chain before Berserk? I'll have to recheck that but I think so. If so that's would normally be twelve hits max and the freeze would usually kick in before then but Brosuke has evade ... might still kick before/on the final hit though I 'unno. She also picks up Kaboom this floor under my dungeon level interps ... I'm still kind of iffy on the ID hype thing even with OK's recent testings (enemies in Firewall/Spiral Tower might screw that up) but Power Dance > Kaboom's decent damage for Peppita while Faerie Friend's not around. Kaboom hits more depending on the target size and Yosuke's decently sized >.> Perhaps that and Power Dance also boosting Fogel and the fast Thief Monk thing into a fast hard hitter might be the best option. A powerdanced poke from Aerith even if it's needed >.>

Edit: Oh right MT floor, Tengaar also faces icy doom/ HP+MP damage from chaos off Panic Dance/Magic Hook if she doesn't block that  (losing MP being the important thing)  <.< That's enough I think.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 03:15:39 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Bardiche

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 02:34:22 PM »
Bardiche / dude: Well the enemy team has Status Symbol Law so Nightmare hype isn't really go.  But even still, the view that Follow Me > Delta Shield only lets Fogel & Mewtwo wipe Cloud at best.  5 Raquel turns with the enemy taking 10% more damage and having 10% less HP?  That's kinda game, as is an Aeris limit, even ignoring the "spam revival and healing at Cloud" bit.

Oh right, dungeon team Sealstones. Still, matters fairly little.

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 04:13:47 PM »
CT: Those are the classes Bartz has mastered, he's currently a Blue Mage with a speed boost slotted in his open spot.

Edit:  Everyone passes.  Going with Super's summary.  I'd abstain on Neph, but it's only floor 2.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:10:30 PM by Unoriginal »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 04:40:42 PM »
Team Gatewalker vs. Luna, Alex, Lucia, Ghaleon (EB/EBC) - Blitzing the support works.
Team Gatewalker vs. Zeromus (FF4), FuSoYa and Golbez (FF4DS, No plot paralysis) - Simple enough.
**Full Heal
Team Gatewalker vs. XS1 Albedo and XS1 Virgil - Less sure on this, since I don't think I see Release as handling Stop.  The team has the kind of offense needed to handle Doppelwogel, though, so... yeah.
Team Gatewalker vs. Dolan, Kevin and Lugar - Copper Flesh antics should neuter the biggest threat here (Spiral Moon) well enough for the team to get in good condition for the final.
Team Gatewalker vs. Orgulla and Margulis (XS2) - Sure, I'll buy Copper Flesh saving the day here.

*All ST is MT
Team Unoriginal vs. FF1 White Wizard, Knight, Ninja and Red Wizard - Not difficult.
Team Unoriginal vs. Yosuke and Tengaar - Yosuke is not shutting this team down with Tetarafoo's godly 40% accuracy.  He's looking at getting two people at best, maybe one if Fogel's modest status resistance comes into play.  A giant no to Ditto forcing the entire team to transform, either.
Team Unoriginal vs. Kanji, Ramza, Tidus (Caladbolg) and Crono - Seems pretty trivial.
*Full Heal
Team Unoriginal vs. Yuna, Rand, FFT Chemist and Marle - Fogel and Bartz handle this without much in the way of problems.
Team Unoriginal vs. Jane, Yulie, FFT Priest and Nina4 - See above.

Abstaining on the other two teams.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 05:22:00 PM »
Teams Neph, Uno and Djinn pass - abstain on Gate.
For Uno's team, I'd definitely say Tentarafoo is higher than 40% in my experiences - about 60-70%, maybe? However, Yosuke's still targetting 5 people and needs to hit some very specific ones in order for Uno to lose. I don't see that happening, and the next fight is simple enough that he can get to the full heal.