Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 26  (Read 3587 times)

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 26
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 10:49:23 PM »
Djinn... ehh, I actually think he does pass. The limits are brutal there, and Delta Shield + Cover... more or less alleviate most of the troubles. And he's got Great Gospel to fall back on at any time.

Neph passes without too much trouble.

Continuing to abstain on Uno and Gate. MT Ditto, even if it isn't relevant, is still a clusterfuck I don't want to involve myself with.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2010, 05:37:31 AM »
Djinn... ehh, I actually think he does pass. The limits are brutal there, and Delta Shield + Cover... more or less alleviate most of the troubles. And he's got Great Gospel to fall back on at any time.

Neph passes without too much trouble.

Continuing to abstain on Uno and Gate. MT Ditto, even if it isn't relevant, is still a clusterfuck I don't want to involve myself with.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 01:58:32 PM »
* Clear Tranquil nods @ Yoshi

Yeah the 40% rate was likely based off the status defence of the enemies in the final dungeons of P4 though (at least that's what super tells me is the norm when it comes to status rates) YMMV (I prefer to rate status hit rates based on the defences of enemies overall not just the ones in the finally dungeon personally)~

I agree it probably doesn't matter though not all of the important people on Uno's team are likely to get hit and even Peppita/SO3 PCs must have some form of base status resist (otherwise as accurate as it is vs her counter chaos would *never* miss in Vs mode >.>) I'm not sure how much P4's version of confuse bothers her anyway (drops FOL, pokes allies with short X!? <.<) It'd be a different story if she could still use Power Dance/status under it to the enemies benefit or allies deteriment but I forget if P4 confusion stopped skills or not <.<
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 02:04:23 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2010, 04:14:56 PM »
P4 confusion basically gives three choices - take the turn as normal, sit around doing nothing/throw away money, heal/support the enemy (if available). Not sure on the odds of each appearing (this is, idly, without looking stuff up, so might be remembering a little wrong?)
So... she could help the Dungeon team, but it does still count on the status hitting in the first place, which is just a little too unlikely for me to bite on to.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2010, 08:25:07 PM »
From what I remember, enemies never get the turn as normal in P4 under Confusion: it's always throw money away, do nothing or attack allies with whatever (I've only seen physicals, but there could be more). I've never seen an action under confusion not being harmful for the enemy party, and I pretty much spammed the status in the midgame, so there's a decent sample to look at. 
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2010, 12:24:22 PM »
Yeah I'm convinced. Though having a powerdanced Yosuke with MT would be kind of funky =-(

All teams vs dungeon~
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 12:32:45 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"