Author Topic: Ancient Artifacts and Killer Bugs in Arkham - Endgame  (Read 15668 times)

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
Re: Ancient Artifacts and Killer Bugs in Arkham - Turn 1 Upkeep/Movement
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2010, 01:57:48 PM »
Rex MANLY Murphy

Sanity: 4/5
Stamina: 5/5

Investigation - Any Phase: When Rex gains one or more Clue tokens, he gains one extra Clue token.
Family Curse - Rex never checks to discard Curses during his Upkeep. He may only discard a Curse by being Blessed.

Focus: 2

Speed 1 2 3 {4}
Sneak 5 4 3 {2}

Fight 1 2 {3} 4
Will 3 2 {1} 0 (+1)

Lore 2 {3} 4 5
Luck 4 {3} 2 1

2 Clue Tokens
$5
Cross (+1 to all Horror checks; 1H Magical Weapon: +3 against Undead)
Bullwhip (1H Physical Weapon; +1 to combat checks; may exhaust to reroll one die during combat checks.)
Silver Key (Put 1 Stamina token from the bank on Silver Key before making an Evade check to automatically pass it. Discard Silver Key after using it if there are 3 Stamina tokens on it. - 0/3 S.Tokens)
Revelation of Script (+1 Mod; Sanity Cost: 0; Cast and exhaust to gain +3 to all Lore checks (except Spell checks) until the end of this phase.)
Will (+1 Will; When you spend a Clue token to add to any Will check, add one extra bonus die.)

Personal Story: Passed

Passing my Personal Story first, and then... unless anyone has any other better ideas, I think I'm waltzing over to the Unvisited Isle to grab the clue and gain 2. Also stealing Tony's Bullwhip along the way.
Also, wanted to ask: my PS says I'm immediately Blessed. Is that just to remove the Curse, or am I actually Blessed as well?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 02:57:50 PM by Yoshiken »

Taishyr

Re: Ancient Artifacts and Killer Bugs in Arkham - Turn 4 Upkeep/Movement
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2010, 02:32:22 PM »
Going over to... eh, what the hell, I'll try the Police Station for an encounter.

As a note, we are now at 4 clue tokens on the board. Two less, and my PS is failed. While I don't totally care, if you don't need the clue, try to work around it? (This being said, taking two clues to avoid the other person failing their PS is fine)

Skids O'Toole

Stats:
Sanity 3/3
Stamina 7/7

Skills
Speed  0  1  2  [3]
Sneak  5  4  3  [2]

Fight   [2]  3  4  5
Will     [3]  2  1  0

Lore    1  2  3  [4]
Luck    4  3  2  [1]

Inventory
$0
3 Clue Tokens
1 Gate Trophy (City of the Great Race)

Unique Ability: School of Hard Knocks - Any Phase: Once per skill check, "Skids" may roll two bonus dice for each "1" he rolled. He may do this either before or after spending Clue tokens on the roll.
Criminal Record - "Skids" cannot become the Deputy of Arkham, nor may he gain a Bank Loan.

Stealth: Skill (Exhaust to re-roll an Evade check).

Axe (Common Item, +2 to combat. +3 if other hand is empty. Physical 1-handed, $3.)
Map of Arkham (Common Item, exhaust for +1 movement point. Unusable in Another World. $2)
Alien Statue (Unique Item, during movement phase spend 2 move points and 1 sanity to roll a die. On a success, gain 1 spell or 3 clues. On a failure, lose 2 stamina. $5)
Nameless Cults (Tome, Movement: Exhaust and spend 1 movement point to make a Lore (-1) check. If you pass, draw 1 Spell, lose 1 Sanity, and discard Nameless Cults. If you fail, nothing happens. $3)

Combat Mod: 5-mod.

Personal Story:
Pass- Get one or more Clues from five different instances. (1/5) Reward: +1 Lore, +1 Max Sanity, +1 Sanity, +1 Spell
Fail- 2, 1, or 0 clue tokens on the board.                        (----) Penalty: Remove all clue tokens from the board.
[/quote]

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Ancient Artifacts and Killer Bugs in Arkham - Turn 4 Encounters
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2010, 05:02:14 PM »
Arkham Encounters

Taitoro - "Skids" O'Toole
------------
Sheriff Engle eyes you suspiciously. "Hey, you were part of that trouble earlier." Pay him $3 or spend the next turn delayed answering his questions.

Yoshiken - Rex Murphy
------------
The willows sway in a wind that you cannot hear or feel, and for a moment, the hatred of these ancient trees for the invader who has come to their island drives you to your knees. Pass a Will (-2) check or lose 3 Sanity.  (If you hadn't said anything about the Blessing you would have gotten away with taking it, but now that you made me look, yeah, looks like you just discard the Curse.  Still, at least you're not Cursed!)

Carthrat - Tony Morgan
------------
You bump into Eric Colt. He tells you a horrible tale of the Mythos to test your nerve. If you listen, lose 2 Sanity. If this doesn't drive you insane, take his Ally card if it is available. If it is not available, you may pump him for information instead. Gain 3 Clue Tokens.   (Eric is one of the available allies.)

Talaysen - Zoey Samaras
------------
The creatures are engaged in some sort of ritual! You are immediately sucked through the open gate with the most difficult modifier (your choice if there are two equally difficult gates). If there are no open gates, nothing happens.  (Both Yuggoth and the Abyss are -2, so pick from one of those.  Tai has your Other World encounters once you decide.)

TAI EDIT: Yuggoth gate chosen. Suddenly, the things you've seen make sense!  Gain 1 Clue Token.

Magetastic - Mandy Thompson
------------
Since you didn't specify whether you were shopping or not, I gave both possibilities to Tai since I won't be around until late tomorrow night.  Tell him whether you're taking a standard encounter or planning to shop.

TAI EDIT: His options are Enchanted Blade, Holy Water, and Obsidian Statue, as he has chosen to shop.

I will only do this once, if anyone else posts that they are moving to a location with a location encounter but do not specify they are taking the location encounter, they are getting a standard encounter from now on.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 07:11:38 PM by Taitoro »

Taishyr

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2010, 05:06:12 PM »
Aaaand I'm delayed since I got no yens. Wee~

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2010, 06:36:46 PM »
Mandy Thompson

Stats
Stamina: 4/5

Speed: 1 2 3 [4]
Sneak: 5 4 3 [2]

Fight: 0 1 [2] 3
Will: 5 4 [3] 2

Lore: 1 [2] 3 4
Luck: 3 [2] 1 0

Inventory:
$3
2 Clues

Food - (Discard to reduce stamina damage by 1)
Pallid Mask - (+2 Evade)
Enchanted Blade - (1H, +4 Magical weapon)

Skills:
Speed - (+1 Speed. When using clue tokens on speed checks, add an extra die for each clue token used.)
Research - (Once per turn, any investigator may re-roll all non-successful die used for a skill check. )

Detriments:
Local Guide - (-1 Speed)

Personal Story:
Success - Gates prevented from opening by elder signs: 0/5
Failure - Terror Level: 1/5
----------------------------------------------------
Buying the Enchanted Blade, and I'll be more specific from now on.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 07:10:55 PM by Magetastic »
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2010, 07:11:17 PM »
Zoey_Samaras

Stats
Sanity: 3 / 3
Stamina: 6 / 7

Speed: 1 [2] 3 4 (+1)
Sneak: 4 [3] 2 1

Fight: 1 2 [3] 4
Will: 4 3 [2] 1

Luck: 5 [4] 3 2

Focus: 1

Unique Ability: Killer Instincts - Any Phase: When Zoey makes a Combat check against a monster or Ancient One with Physical and/or Magical Resistance, ignore that ability. If the monster or Ancient One has Magical and/or Physical Immunity, treat it as Resistance instead.

Inventory
$4
8 Clue Tokens

Common Items
Cross: Type: Magical weapon / Bonus: +0 Combat check (+3 if Opponent is Undead) / +1 Horror check / Hands: 1
Knife: Type: Physical weapon / Bonus: +1 Combat check / Hands: 1
.45 Automatic: Type: Physical weapon / Bonus: +4 Combat check / Hands: 1
Dark Cloak: Bonus: +1 Evade check / Price: $2

Unique Items
Holy Water: Type: Magical weapon / Bonus: +6 Combat check (Discard after use) / Hands: 2
Ruby of R'lyeh: Movement: You get 3 extra movement points.

Skills
Speed: +1 Speed / When you spend a Clue token to add to any Speed check, add one extra bonus die.

Personal Story
PASS: 0/5 monster trophies.
FAIL: Be arrested/discard Cross.

Current Action
Suddenly, a Yuggoth!  And a clue I guess.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 07:17:28 PM by Talaysen »

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2010, 12:03:12 AM »
Tony Morgan

Sanity: 1/3
Stamina: 6/7
Brood Tokens: 1

Speed: 1 2 [3] 4 (+2)
Sneak: 3 2 [1] 0

Fight: 1 [2] 3 4 (+1)
Will:  5 [4] 3 2

Lore: 0 1 [2] 3
Luck: 6 5 [4] 3

Personal Story Failed: Whenever Tony claims a monster trophy, he now gains one clue token.

Posessions:
$1
5 Clue Tokens
Handcuffs (Exhaust before making a Combat check against a Cultist, Tcho-tcho, Ghoul, or Maniac to automatically pass that check and gain 1 Sanity.)
Bullwhip (One-Handed physical weapon; +1 to combat checks; may exhaust to reroll one die during combat checks.)
Map of Arkham (Exhaust to get +1 Movement)
Fight (+1 Fight, when you spend a clue, get an extra die on fight checks.)
Tommy Gun (Physical Weapon, +6 on combat checks, 2-handed)
Ally: (Eric Colt; +2 Speed, Immune to Nightmarish)

----

Tony listens and is thoroughly creeped out, but perseveres nonetheless.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2010, 01:25:16 PM »
Rex MANLY Murphy

Investigation - Any Phase: When Rex gains one or more Clue tokens, he gains one extra Clue token.
Family Curse - Rex never checks to discard Curses during his Upkeep. He may only discard a Curse by being Blessed.

Speed 1 2 3 {4}
Sneak 5 4 3 {2}

Fight 1 2 {3} 4
Will 3 2 {1} 0 (+1)

Lore 2 {3} 4 5
Luck 4 {3} 2 1

1 Clue Token
$5
Bullwhip (1H Physical Weapon; +1 to combat checks; may exhaust to reroll one die during combat checks.)
Silver Key (Put 1 Stamina token from the bank on Silver Key before making an Evade check to automatically pass it. Discard Silver Key after using it if there are 3 Stamina tokens on it. - 0/3 S.Tokens)
Revelation of Script (+1 Mod; Sanity Cost: 0; Cast and exhaust to gain +3 to all Lore checks (except Spell checks) until the end of this phase.)
Will (+1 Will; When you spend a Clue token to add to any Will check, add one extra bonus die.)

Research on trees helps a lot, and I stay sane in exchange for one clue.

[13:22] <+Yoshiken> Ho-hum. So... one clue is 2 rolls, and I need to not fail but only use one clue. >_>
[13:22] <+Yoshiken> 2d6 to stay away from the trees
[13:22] * Hatbot --> "Yoshiken rolls 2d6 to stay away from the trees and gets 6." [2d6=2, 4]
[13:22] <+Yoshiken> ...blaaaah.
[13:22] <+xorntoro-slmbr> The trees getcha.
[13:23] <+xorntoro-slmbr> This being said...
[13:23] <+xorntoro-slmbr> Hold on a moment.
[13:24] <+xorntoro-slmbr> [14:10] <Magetastic> Oh yeah. Yoshi has first dibs to the Research.
[13:24] <+xorntoro-slmbr> So you can use the Research ability to reroll those two dice.
[13:24] <+Yoshiken> Ooh, shiny.
[13:24] <+Yoshiken> 2d6 to REALLY stay away from the trees
[13:24] * Hatbot --> "Yoshiken rolls 2d6 to REALLY stay away from the trees and gets 9." [2d6=5, 4]
[13:24] <+Yoshiken> Yay!
[13:24] <+xorntoro-slmbr> Yay!
[13:24] <+Yoshiken> Remind me to thank Mage at some point. =P

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2010, 07:09:49 PM »
Plateau of Leng gate is magicked shut.

[14:06] <RandomConsonant> Oh good, Hatbot's around, so I can get this gate closed.
[14:06] <RandomConsonant> Witness?
[14:07] <Yoshiken> ^_^
[14:07] <Magetastic> Yo
[14:07] <RandomConsonant> Okay, Plateau of Leng has a -1 mod, Lore at 5, so 4 dice
[14:08] <RandomConsonant>   4d6 for magic spy action
[14:08] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 4d6 for magic spy action and gets 12." [4d6=1, 5, 3, 3]
[14:08] <RandomConsonant> And that is a closed gate, if barely.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Ancient Artifacts and Killer Bugs in Arkham - Turn 5 Upkeep/Movement
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2010, 06:29:35 PM »
Dark Day!
Investigators cannot spend Clue tokens to add to skill checks until the end of next turn. Leave this card in play until then as a reminder.

A Monster Surge occurs due to a gate attempting to open at Devil Reef.
One clue falls into the gate at the Esoteric Order of Dagon, another appears at Velma's Diner.
A Cultist, a Warlock, and a Dimensional Shambler appear at Devil Reef.
An Elder Thing, a Proto-Shoggoth, and a Mi-Go appear at the Esoteric Order of Dagon.

Circle monsters move.  The Mi-Go flies into the sky.
Square monsters move.  Trish takes sanity and stamina damage from the Lloigor.  The Dimensional Shambler jumps into a vortex.
Diamond monsters move on black.  The Elder Thing moves to the Church Green Streets.  The fast Proto-Shoggoth runs to Joe Sargent's Bus Station.

The Deep Ones Rising track gains one token for preventing a gate from opening, and one from a monster jumping into a vortex.  The Terror Level increases by one.  Dr. Ali Kafour has left town.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 06:47:33 PM by Yakumo »

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2010, 06:32:55 PM »
Since I'm currently not at a comp that allows access to IRC, I'll ask here. Does the good doctor leaving mean that I'm no longer the Local Guide? He was who I was showing around, after all.
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2010, 06:41:01 PM »
In this case no, that was just flavor text from the encounter to explain why you have that card.

I am in the process of fixing a fairly major error, don't take your turns or anything yet. Repaired, carry on!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 06:47:51 PM by Yakumo »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2010, 08:59:00 PM »
Trish Scarborough

Sanity: 1/6
Stamina: 3/4

Abnormal Focus: Does not spend focus to adjust sliders.  Instead, all sliders are automatically shifted all the way to the left at the beginning of each upkeep phase.  The sliders can then be shifted towards the right five times.

Breaking The Limits: Can spend one point of Stamina or Sanity to gain an extra slider shift.  Can be done a total of three times each upkeep phase.

Sneak: 3 4 [5] 6 [+1]

Lore: 2 3 4 [5]
Will: 1 2 3 [4]

Speed: [1] 2 3 4
Luck: [zero] 1 2 3 [+1]

Possessions:
$10
4 Clue Tokens
Lucky Cigarette Case (Discard to reroll a skill check, $1)
Cavalry Saber (+2 Physical Combat, 1H, $3)
Lantern (+1 Luck, $3)
Book of Dyzan (Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to make a Lore -1 check.  On a success, draw one spell, lose one sanity, and place a token on it.  If there are two tokens on it, discard.  On a failure, nothing happens.  $3, 0/2 tokens)
Enchant Weapon (+0 Casting Mod, 1 Sanity Cost, cast and exhaust to make a physical weapon into a magical weapon for the duration of combat)
Dread Curse of Azathoth (-2 Casting Mod, 2 Sanity Cost, 2H, cast and exhaust for +9 Magical Combat for the duration of combat)
Sneak (+1 Sneak, clue tokens spent on Sneak checks count for double.)
2 Monster Trophies (Zmobie, Lloigor total toughness: 3)
1 Gate Trophy (Plateau of Leng)

Personal Story Condition:
Pass - Obtain two or more clue tokens from an encounter (not yet met)
Fail - Two or more clue tokens removed by a gate opening at once (not yet met)

This Lloigor now isn't.

[15:51] <RandomConsonant> Witness for impending doom check.
[15:51] <Cecilia> Witness.
[15:52] <RandomConsonant> Okay, Fight/Sneak is at 3/5, Lore/Will is at 5/4.
[15:52] <RandomConsonant>   Time for Horror, Lloigor has a -1 mod and if I botch this I eat three sanity damage and get a free trip to the loony bin
[15:52] <RandomConsonant> 3d6 for no mindrape plz
[15:52] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 3d6 for no mindrape plz and gets 10." [3d6=2, 3, 5]
[15:52] <Cecilia> Cutting it close.
[15:52] <RandomConsonant> Okay, mindrape averted.
[15:53] <RandomConsonant> Now, to cast Dread Curse to make this thing killable, -2 Casting mod, so 3 dice.
[15:53] <RandomConsonant> 3d6 this Lloigor is an eyesore
[15:53] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 3d6 this Lloigor is an eyesore and gets 14." [3d6=5, 5, 4]
[15:53] <RandomConsonant> Excellent.
[15:53] <Cecilia> It is.
[15:53] <RandomConsonant> Though now I'm nearly insane.
[15:53] <RandomConsonant> Okay, 3 Fight, Dread Curse gives +9, Lloigor reduces that by 2 and has 2 toughness, so 10 dice
[15:54] <RandomConsonant> 10d6 this Lloigor x1000
[15:54] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 10d6 this Lloigor x1000 and gets 36." [10d6=5, 6, 1, 6, 1, 3, 4, 4, 4, 2]
[15:54] <Cecilia> That is an ex-Lloigor.
[15:54] <RandomConsonant> Indeed.
[15:54] <RandomConsonant> And I stay in the square and hope a gate doesn't grab me again.

Taishyr

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2010, 09:16:34 PM »
Can't move to help, or else I would. Good luck, anyone going to Innsy!

Skids O'Toole

Stats:
Sanity 3/3
Stamina 7/7

Skills
Speed  0  1  2  [3]
Sneak  5  4  3  [2]

Fight   [2]  3  4  5
Will     [3]  2  1  0

Lore    1  2  3  [4]
Luck    4  3  2  [1]

Inventory
$0
3 Clue Tokens
1 Gate Trophy (City of the Great Race)

Unique Ability: School of Hard Knocks - Any Phase: Once per skill check, "Skids" may roll two bonus dice for each "1" he rolled. He may do this either before or after spending Clue tokens on the roll.
Criminal Record - "Skids" cannot become the Deputy of Arkham, nor may he gain a Bank Loan.

Stealth: Skill (Exhaust to re-roll an Evade check).

Axe (Common Item, +2 to combat. +3 if other hand is empty. Physical 1-handed, $3.)
Map of Arkham (Common Item, exhaust for +1 movement point. Unusable in Another World. $2)
Alien Statue (Unique Item, during movement phase spend 2 move points and 1 sanity to roll a die. On a success, gain 1 spell or 3 clues. On a failure, lose 2 stamina. $5)
Nameless Cults (Tome, Movement: Exhaust and spend 1 movement point to make a Lore (-1) check. If you pass, draw 1 Spell, lose 1 Sanity, and discard Nameless Cults. If you fail, nothing happens. $3)

Combat Mod: 5-mod.

Personal Story:
Pass- Get one or more Clues from five different instances. (1/5) Reward: +1 Lore, +1 Max Sanity, +1 Sanity, +1 Spell
Fail- 2, 1, or 0 clue tokens on the board.                        (----) Penalty: Remove all clue tokens from the board.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2010, 09:20:48 PM »
Rex MANLY Murphy

Speed 1 2 3 {4}
Sneak 5 4 3 {2}

Fight 1 2 {3} 4
Will 3 2 {1} 0 (+1)

Lore 2 {3} 4 5
Luck 4 {3} 2 1

3 Clue Tokens
$5

Okay, third time lucky deciding actions: Going to the Curiositie Shoppe for an encounter. (Also, PS and Unique gets me two clues yay!)
Also, handing over the Bullwhip to MandyMage.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 09:36:16 PM by Yoshiken »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2010, 09:43:36 PM »
Zoey_Samaras

Stats

Speed: [1] 2 3 4 (+1)
Sneak: [4] 3 2 1

Unique Ability: Killer Instincts - Any Phase: When Zoey makes a Combat check against a monster or Ancient One with Physical and/or Magical Resistance, ignore that ability. If the monster or Ancient One has Magical and/or Physical Immunity, treat it as Resistance instead.

Inventory
$4
8 Clue Tokens

Common Items
Cross: Type: Magical weapon / Bonus: +0 Combat check (+3 if Opponent is Undead) / +1 Horror check / Hands: 1

Unique Items
Holy Water: Type: Magical weapon / Bonus: +6 Combat check (Discard after use) / Hands: 2

Skills
Speed: +1 Speed / When you spend a Clue token to add to any Speed check, add one extra bonus die.

Personal Story

Current Action
Shifting Speed/Sneak left one.

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2010, 11:58:00 PM »
Mandy Thompson

Stats
Stamina: 4/5

Speed: 1 2 [3] 4
Sneak: 5 4 [3] 2

Fight: 0 1 2 [3]
Will: 5 4 3 [2]

Luck: 3 [2] 1 0

Inventory:
$2
2 Clues

Food - (Discard to reduce stamina damage by 1)
Pallid Mask - (+2 Evade)
Enchanted Blade - (1H, +4 Magical weapon)
Bullwhip - (1H, +1 Physical. Exhaust to re-roll one die during a Combat check)

Skills:
Speed - (+1 Speed. When using clue tokens on speed checks, add an extra die for each clue token used.)
Research - (Once per turn, any investigator may re-roll all non-successful die used for a skill check. )

Detriments:
Local Guide - (-1 Speed)

Personal Story:
Success - Gates prevented from opening by elder signs: 0/5
Failure - Terror Level: 3/5
----------------------------------------------------
Mandy is going to walk leisurely over to the Train Station, pay her money, and then begin laughing maniacally as she rids the world of Proto-abominations. Also, sliding Speed/Sneak left one, and Fight/Will right one, and bullwhips make for bad decapitation tools.

<Magetastic> Mm. Where would I pop up in Innsmouth?
<+Yoshiken> I've also handed you a Bullwhip, in case you missed that one.
<+Yoshiken> On the Proto-Shogg. ;o
<Magetastic> Right on it?
<+RandomConsonant> Yes.
<Magetastic> Fun times.
<Magetastic> And I fight it this round, too, don't I?
<+RandomConsonant> That you would, I think.
* Magetastic nods.
<Magetastic> Alright. I'll pump Fight and just take this damn thing down. With Research, if need be.
<Magetastic> Alright. That'll leave me with 2 Will, and it has no mod, so 2 dice to stay mostly sane.
<Magetastic> 2d6 to not be horrified
* Hatbot --> "Magetastic rolls 2d6 to not be horrified and gets 10."12 [2d6=6, 4]
<+Yoshiken> Shiny.
<+RandomConsonant> Works.
<Magetastic> 3 Fight, +1 Bull whip (+1, divided by 2, rounded up I believe?), +4 Magic Shiny, no mod?
<+RandomConsonant> Looks right.
<Magetastic> So 7 dice if wrong, 8 if right.
<Magetastic> Cool.
<+Mykasi> Round up, yes.
<+Mykasi> IIRC that's a general rule?
<+Mykasi> Lemme confirm.
<+Mykasi> Yup, round up.
<Magetastic> 8d6 to rid the world of abominations
* Hatbot --> "Magetastic rolls 8d6 to rid the world of abominations and gets 31."12 [8d6=5, 3, 1, 4, 1, 5, 6, 6]
<+RandomConsonant> Heh.
<+RandomConsonant> And the monster is aborted before it can get out of the prototype phase.
<+RandomConsonant> (or whatever)
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2010, 08:07:35 AM »
Tony Morgan

Sanity: 1/3

Will:  5 [4] 3 2

Personal Story Failed: Whenever Tony claims a monster trophy, he now gains one clue token.

Posessions:
$1
5 Clue Tokens
Handcuffs (Exhaust before making a Combat check against a Cultist, Tcho-tcho, Ghoul, or Maniac to automatically pass that check and gain 1 Sanity.)
Bullwhip (One-Handed physical weapon; +1 to combat checks; may exhaust to reroll one die during combat checks.)

--

Tony moves to Arkham Asylum... for an ENCOUNTER.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Ancient Artifacts and Killer Bugs in Arkham - Turn 5 Encounters
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »
Arkham Encounters

Yoshiken - Rex Murphy
------------
You come across a blasphemous idol sitting innocently on a shelf. Lose 1 Sanity.

Random Consonant - Trish Scarborough
------------
A well-dressed gentleman approaches a group of children and begins to lead one away... and something tells you that he's up to no good. If you confront him, he transforms, and you are surprised by a monster. If you defeat it, draw 1 Exhibit Item, but you are Barred from Downtown for assaulting a respected citizen. If you mind your own business, the child is later found dead.

Carthrat - Tony Morgan
------------
You sneak into a finger-painting session. Gain 1 Sanity.

Taitoro - "Skids" O'Toole
------------
Make a Sneak (-1) check to listen in on an interrogation, and consult the following chart.

Successes:

0) You misunderstand what is discussed. Lose 1 Clue Token.
    1-2) Deputy Dingby sees you standing by the door. Pay $2 to gain 1 Clue Token.
    3+) What you overhear helps you put the pieces together. Gain 2 Clue Tokens.

Other World Encounters

Talaysen - Zoey Samaras
------------
Pass a Fight(-2) check to lever back the lid of the stone chest.  Inside, you find $8.  If you fail, lose 1 Stamina.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2010, 07:19:21 PM »
Unfortunately, since I want to head to the Asylum next turn, I turn a blind eye to this horrible incident.  Way to make me feel like a jerk, game.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2010, 07:29:06 PM »
Rex MANLY Murphy

Sanity: 3/5

Speed 1 2 3 {4}
Sneak 5 4 3 {2}

Fight 1 2 {3} 4
Will 3 2 {1} 0 (+1)

Lore 2 {3} 4 5
Luck 4 {3} 2 1

3 Clue Tokens
$5

That's me in the spotlight, I'm losing my [mind to] religion~

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2010, 10:07:42 PM »
Zoey_Samaras

Stats

Speed: [1] 2 3 4 (+1)
Sneak: [4] 3 2 1

Inventory
$12
8 Clue Tokens

Common Items

Unique Items

Skills

Personal Story

Current Action
I gain $8!

[16:05] <Cecilia> Witness for a roll?
[16:05] <RandomConsonant> Why not.
[16:05] --> Nitori has joined this channel.
[16:05] <Cecilia> 3 Fight, -2 mod, 1 die
[16:05] <Cecilia> 1d6 for yenz
[16:05] * Hatbot --> "Cecilia rolls 1d6 for yenz and gets 5." [1d6=5]
[16:05] <Cecilia> ...yenz get.
[16:05] <RandomConsonant> Well then.

Taishyr

« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2010, 10:08:36 PM »
I am noticed by a Deputy, but has no moneys to buys da clue.

[17:06] > Witness for another roll that will likely end in tears?
[17:06] <Cecilia> Witness.
[17:07] <+RandomConsonant> ~
[17:07] > 2 Sneak, -1 mod, 1 die. I'm screwed.
[17:07] > roll 1d6 c'moooon at least give me a generically useless roll Hatbutt
[17:07] * Hatbot --> "asdgsdfasdflkjgkjhlkjh rolls 1d6 c'moooon at least give me a generically useless roll Hatbutt and gets 5." [1d6=5]
[17:07] > ...kay

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2010, 11:28:32 PM »
Tony Morgan

Sanity: 2/3

Will:  5 [4] 3 2

Posessions:
$1
5 Clue Tokens

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Ancient Artifacts and Killer Bugs in Arkham - Turn 6 Upkeep/Movement
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2010, 12:16:20 AM »
The Southside Strangler Strikes!
Rumor
Return one Ally form the Ally deck to the box at random at the end of every Mythos Phase while this card is in play (beginning the turn after it entered play). The Southside Strangler has struck again!

Pass: If a single player discards 5 Clue tokens while in Ma's Boarding House during the Arkham Encounters Phase, return this card to the box. Each player receives a $5 reward from the police.

Fail: If there are no more Allies to return to the box at the end of the Mythos Phase, return this card to the box. Each player must lower either their maximum Sanity or Stamina (their choice) by 1 for the rest of the game.

A gate opens at Independence Square, sending Trish on an unexpected vacation and replacing her with a Shoggoth and a Nightgaunt.
Slash monsters move, the Nightgaunt flies into the Sky.