Author Topic: Villainous Anonymafia - Game Over SCUM WIN  (Read 46335 times)

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
Villainous Anonymafia - Game Over SCUM WIN
« on: January 27, 2010, 08:15:53 PM »
And so it was, that the villains came to meet.  And where villains meet, plotting always occurs.  In this case, it was made clear to all with dastardly deeds in the dark of night.

Haruhi Suzumiya - THIRD PARTY TROLL has been nightkilled.

And so it was that the villains found themselves in truly lethal circumstances.

Still Alive:

Beatrice
Gig
Vegeta
Warboss Gorgutz

Dearly Departed:
Haruhi Suzumiya - Third Party Troll     Nightkilled Night 0
Dark Helmet - Town Aligned Peeping Tom      Lynched Day 1
Dahlia Hawthorne  -  Town Aligned Chicago Voter     Nightkilled Night 1
Gendo Ikari - Town Aligned Mad Ranter     Lynched Day 2
Light Yagami - Third Party Mad Doctor     Nightkilled Night 2
Dycedarg Beoulve - Third Party Plotter     Xanatosed Night 2
Montogmery Burns - Scum Master of Misdirection     Kamehamehaed Day 3
Gaston -  Town Aligned Doom Legionaire     Darwinned Night 3
Edna - Town Aligned Information Broker     Xanatosed Night 3
Bowser - Town Aligned Entartiste     Plumbed Day 4
Dr. Wily - Town Aligned Xanatos Gambler     Megabusted Night 4
The Joker - Scum Master of Masks     Detonated Night 4

End of Day 1
End of Day 2

Day 1 will be 48 hours long.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 02:38:50 PM by Taitoro »

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Villainous Anonymafia - Day 1
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 08:16:36 PM »
Here is the vote count for those who are interested.

Gaston (1):  Potato

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
  • Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 08:41:44 PM »
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

##Vote: Bowser
Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 09:12:50 PM »
We're off to an auspicious start, I see.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 09:29:31 PM »

Of coooourse! One of the pieces should be dead before the game board is set!

*cackle* *cackle*!

I don't remember using potatoes in any of the uncountable locked room murders I have created, but its odd presence excites me further.

##Vote: Mr. Burns

An evil old rich man dabbling in the black arts and yet still actually among the living? Even Goldsmith could not endure so long, and that mad fool was still of a better breed than you.

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 09:49:41 PM »
A potato? It needs more refining (and some slicing and cooking in oil) to become the PERFECT PLAN!
* Light Yagami writes a note reading "Not now, Ryuk. We're being watched..."

##Vote: Gorgutz

I need loyal worshippers of Kira for my plans. Some 'warboss' is likely to be loyal solely to himself, and so he must fall so that I can become the GOD OF A NEW WORLD!

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 10:02:16 PM »
God of a new world, you say?  Hmph, only if you'll save the Queen.  The sun shall never set on the new British Empire!  Just like it probably won't set on this day if we don't get down to business.  Now let's take a look and...

.... why, you lot aren't even secret agents!  What is this?  This isn't Spy Mafia!  You're all... all... villains!

What's going on here?  I've got to get out, why ar-

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 10:03:24 PM »
Hello.

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 10:34:02 PM »
Didn't take long for the madness to install within these quarters, did it?
* Gendo Ikari fixes glasses.

Anyhow. These developments are vaguely confusing. I'd also like to clarify, if possible (mod shout here), if Haruhi's death was simply cosmetic or not, on a tangentially related note. Also, is the Joker swap here... dare I say... typical? Can't say this seems entirely trivial as of now.

The joys of Day 1, soldiers.

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 11:45:57 PM »

*smiles radiantly*

Hello everyone!  I, um...  I'm Dahlia Hawthorne.  I just want to say...  It's an honor for me to be here with such distinguished guests!  It's a horrible horrible shame that this Haruhi person was killed, but I entirely trust this noble court to figure things out.  Me, I'm just a humble witness, but with geniuses like Mr. Joker around, I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this in no time!

...though I'm sure that some here would want to disrupt our testimony.  Like
##VOTE: Edna
She reminds me of that annoying defense attorney, a smidge older.  A little.  It can't be too bad a place to start.

Otherwise, Mr. Gaston?  It so happens I'm not really together with Feenie any more, and Dougie is dead, so my schedule is pretty available.  I hear you've been friends with other pretty, bookish girls before, so, uh, would you be interested in stopping by for tea?

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 01:09:15 AM »

Anyhow. These developments are vaguely confusing. I'd also like to clarify, if possible (mod shout here), if Haruhi's death was simply cosmetic or not,

Don't give in to emotion and stop thinking, Rudolf. The game has already begun, right? *cackle**cackle**cackle*.

As the game master of many a board, I know just how easy it is to bring such corpses into existence. Why bother going to such lengths to fake such a character pre-game when it can be done just as easily as the game begins?

I may be unfamiliar with the blue truth, but let me attack with it here:

Haruhi Suzumiya was a real piece who was killed during night 0.

As for the potato, though I assume there to be no path connecting it to its master as early as this, the only hints I can see among us is the crisp-munching Light, and Prince Vegeta of the vegetable people.

But someone with a potato for a servant? What a truly interesting villain. Kikikikikikikikiki!

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 01:30:26 AM »
Yes, I guess I got a bit encumbered by wild guessing there. Occam's Razor is a better-suited tool for these affairs - which also means we shouldn't treat Haruhi's death lightly within this context either. We really need to get a dynamic going, though - it's already been a few hours and the majority of players haven't even done procedural posts yet. This certainly won't do us any good extracting the tumors out of this rabble.

Tron Bonne

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 01:34:07 AM »
An evil old rich man dabbling in the black arts and yet still actually among the living? Even Goldsmith could not endure so long, and that mad fool was still of a better breed than you.

Bah! How preposterous. Why would I even need the use of that hocus pocus mumno jumbo when I have all the money in the world to help me.

##VOTE: Dr Wily

At least until he pays me back for all that uranium I've sold him.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 02:11:00 AM »
The Joker - ??? Secret Agent has been telefragged by The Joker - ??? ???

Miss Suzumiya's demise was not entirely unexpected.

And now, a vote count.

Day 1 Vote

Gaston (1): Potato
Bowser (1): Gorgutz
Mr. Burns (1): Beatrice
Gorgutz (1): Light
Edna (1): Dahlia
Dr. Wily (1): Mr. Burns

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to Lynch

There are 42 hours remaining in Day 1.

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 02:39:09 AM »
 ??? ??? ??? ???
 :)

##Vote: Beatrice

Dear, dear, what's this?  Why WOULD someone take that little girl's death as anything more than a ... joke?  The moderator of our little gathering is a man after my own heart, I see!  But you, witch, do tell.  Even had it been part of your so-called truth, so what?  Why do you attempt to speculate on deaths, what good comes out of it, hmmm?  And you even turn that dowdy old stoic Gendo to your view, too!  Why?

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 02:42:54 AM »
Pah, mere mortals stand no chance against the might of a true Saiyan prince! But still, I might as well have some fun before I destroy you all and your worthless planet(s).

This one in the Space Armor looks like he might put up a bit of a fight. Let's see how he deals with this... Saibamen, I choose you!

##Vote: Dark Helmet

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 04:59:25 AM »
I don't understand why people would vote on ME so early.  I am but a simple Head Abbot, why would my intentions ever be to cause harm to such respectable people of high standing as the members of this council, including myself.

If anything, attention should be turned to the INHUMAN scum stenching up this council with their filth!  Why look at the warboss! He's clearly not of our species, so of course his true intentions must be to rid himself of us humans!

##Vote: Warboss Gorgutz

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 05:17:21 AM »
Why do you attempt to speculate on deaths, what good comes out of it, hmmm?  And you even turn that dowdy old stoic Gendo to your view, too!  Why?

While I'd be loathe to point out logical flaws (although, given your lacking mental stability to the point where you would make a great pilot for NERV's top weaponry were you in your prepubescent years, this isn't an unexpected jump to make), like it or not, turning an analytic eye to the people who fell before our eyes and while we slept is one of the tonic elements of this little charade - it is, after all, one of the prime ways to extract information alongside cold logic and intelligent deduction.

Even if Haruhi's death has given us essentially no insight, until proven otherwise, it's best to treat it as if it was one of this mystery's elements. And saying otherwise by a whim of chance certainly doesn't look amazing when we already have so little info and need to mull out whatever we have. On the other hand, this is still day 1's first stage (for all it already wore its questionable welcome). Regardless, I still question the line of thought employed, be it character quirk or not - enough for me to cast a temporary vote:

## VOTE: Joker

And, as a matter of fact, anything in particular you have to say about the hijacking of the former Joker? It's not that likely to be of any relevance, but since this little ditty has been fairly confusing from the get-go, getting ourselves acquainted with the strangeness around could help.

ADDENDUM: most members still not present. I guess we're only 1/4 through day 1, but when 1/3 of the players haven't even shown up and most of the ones who -did- appear have only done the obligatory joke vote... although I suppose it's the nature of the beast.

* Gendo Ikari crosses arms pensively, glancing at this mostly empty mad house. 

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 05:28:14 AM »
I have a vote huh?  I knew people would eventually see it my wa-- What?  They're voting for WHAT?!  What IMPUDENCE is this?!  

##Vote: Warboss Gorgutz

Let's see how YOU like it. *mumbles*

---

So someone died huh?  That's weird.  I'm not sure what to think.  I mean, when I fell into a pit of lava all those times I always came back, but she's just laying there.  Seems like thinking about it too much will just make our heads hurt, so I don't see much of a point in thinking about it.

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 05:44:12 AM »
Charles, I assure you, your money will be repayed in full once I've retrieved it from my Swiss bank account. It really is amazing how easy it is to prey on human fear! It's infuriating that Mega Dweeb already cleared Dr. Light's name, but I got enough money out of the operation to cover your expenses.

##Vote: Gendo Ikari

What knowledge could possibly be gained from studying a Night 0 kill? Clearly you must have some blueprints laid out, if you're voting Clown Man for hand-waving the little girl's death. You're more than welcome to share!

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 06:01:21 AM »
Charles, I assure you, your money will be repayed in full once I've retrieved it from my Swiss bank account. It really is amazing how easy it is to prey on human fear! It's infuriating that Mega Dweeb already cleared Dr. Light's name, but I got enough money out of the operation to cover your expenses.

##Vote: Gendo Ikari

What knowledge could possibly be gained from studying a Night 0 kill? Clearly you must have some blueprints laid out, if you're voting Clown Man for hand-waving the little girl's death. You're more than welcome to share!

I dunno, at least this is going to spur up some much needed discussion and actually let us start on a subject for getting this ball going? I admit that, within the current context (and maybe even in other contexts), there's just about nil to extract from a kill from before the game itself, but there's very little to do to gather information during the day besides making people actually talk about the issue at hand.

Also, what irked me is that he seemed to handwave away the thought of speculating on the casualties suffered as a whole, which is um -just the main way we gather clues in order to hunt scum-. I guess the best approach may just be what Bowser's doing, which is not thinking very hard about it, but the point does stand that it should at least be considered a part of the game rather than just flavor - even if the mod's word can be taken either way.

Anyhow, I should head to bed right now. Will check updates once I'm up, and hopefully the situation will be less depressingly empty than it is right now.

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 06:21:21 AM »
AHHH! GET THE POTATO AWAY FROM ME!

I would LOVE to court a beautiful lady like yourself, Dahlia. ^_~

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 06:23:39 AM »

Oh!  A butterfly!  How adorable!

As for the mystery of Miss Suzimiya's disappearance.  Since there is some debate on the issue, I shall state what seems obvious to me. 

First, that some dark coalition - call them the "Mafia" - were the ones who performed the deed.  It is, of course, also possible that a, hmm, how to say this, "vigilante" executed Miss Suzimiya, but to me it seems far more likely that poor Haruhi was never intended to be a "player" to begin with and was always destined to be a Night 0 death that gave us all an excuse to come to court today and punish the guilty.  If Haruhi's death was the work of a zealous town vigilante exercising his own free will, the Judge would not have said her death was "not entirely unexpected," so that leaves the mafia, or else a destined Night 0 suicide to stir the pot since Haruhi is a troll.

Secondly, that this bit of information is potentially relevant and should not to be ignored.  Haruhi was a player and thus a legal target for other Night 0 actions.  On the off chance a tracker / watcher exists, it is possible - albeit unlikely - that someone already has reliable evidence to work with related to her foul murder.  At least in the "murder" case if not the "suicide" case.

...I hope I didn't make any mistakes, Your Honor!  But that is the situation as I see it.

Since there are still a few testimonies missing, I thought I'd just comment on how wonderful butterflies are.  When you see a butterfly, you know you're going to have a great day!  What's your favorite kind of butterfly, Bea?  I understand that you're a fan as well!  Maybe we can start a club.

I think the classic Monarch butterfly is my favorite.  Beautiful, yet it protects itself with poison in its wings so that people know not to disturb them.  Nature at its finest.

--
Oh!  Gaston!  You didn't say you were a ninja, as well!  How dashing and multi-talented of you.

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
  • Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 08:18:11 AM »
Oi! You buncha gits want ta' take on Gorgutz, huh? Great! I'll take yaz all on ad ownce!

Wots wiff all dis mucking about some dead 'un, anywayz? Y'can't WAAAAAAGH with deadies! 'ven if e's yellow-bellied, dat green guy'z and the humie mekboy got the right idea!

##Unvote

Now dat dere humie, she's ded silly. Talkin' 'bout deadies, and explainin' dat easy stuff any grot'd ged! Think ya so smart, do ya? Choppa'z got somethin' to say about smart onez!

##Vote: Dahlia
Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!

Over 9000

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 09:28:51 AM »
What's this? Vegeta thinks he can fight against me and win? I have the power over the Downside of the Schwartz! What does he have, Michigan J. Frog?

Dahlia's really something else, though. Claiming that the death on night zero was that of someone whose sole purpose was to be killed? I don't like this. Don't like this at all.

##Vote: Dahlia Hawthorne