Author Topic: Villainous Anonymafia - Game Over SCUM WIN  (Read 47476 times)

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Villainous Anonymafia - Day 3
« Reply #300 on: February 05, 2010, 03:37:28 PM »
I'm fine with it. Gig will be displeased with this statement, but I think Dahlia has made where her suspicions lie clear, and I can't think of anyone else I need to see urgent reports from before the work day ends.

Of course I'd wait for more assessments than just mine before you actually do it.

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 05, 2010, 03:39:55 PM »
I have all of team mason behind me on hammering. I'll wait a little longer in case anyone else is idling, but then I'll drop it.
*goes to Google image search*

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 05, 2010, 03:43:09 PM »
I say go with your intuition. Be unpredictable so scum can't interfere.

Hammer is fine to me as well.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 05, 2010, 03:46:10 PM »
I'm here for another ten minutes.  So a hammer before then will get fast results.

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 05, 2010, 03:47:50 PM »
Okay, yeah, just do it.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 05, 2010, 03:49:48 PM »

No complaints here either. Potato passing resolves some lingering doubts of end game madness, and so actively offering it is yet another sign of clarity for the Legion of Doom.

In before hammer. Little to add otherwise, bar the Black Rose doubts.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 05, 2010, 03:51:11 PM »
Scratch that.  Improvements in Bussing technology have added a whole half hour to my time estimates!

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 05, 2010, 03:52:22 PM »

Oh, and yeah, both Goldsmith's and Edna's absence does nothing but pronounce their guilt louder, so absolutely nothing to hold back here. I think it's just a matter of whether one of them is working for Lambdadelta instead.

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 05, 2010, 03:54:23 PM »
THE LEGION OF DOOM has decided.

##Vote Mr Burns

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 05, 2010, 04:02:13 PM »
"It is obvious, can you not see?  Goldsmith is an agent of Bernkastle."

"Of course...  but he's most ingeniusly fled.  We'll never find him now."

"Hah!  No problem for me!" Vegeta boasted as he flew into the sky, and let loose a Ki blast that annihilated all of Springfield, presumably catching Burns as part of the blast.

Montgomery Burns - Scum Master of Misdirection has been obliterated from orbit.

It is now night, send in your actions.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 06, 2010, 08:01:17 AM »
The next morning all that could be found of Gaston was a single note left at his place.  "It's said the manliest of men can survive walking through a jet turbine."

Ah well...  not even his admirers said the guy was bright.

Fortunately, Edna herself managed to avoid unscathed.  After all, she had a plan, and she'd never let herself get manipulated unlike some others.  And so, she managed to show up unharmed when everyone met.  Just in time to stand under a completely unexpected grand piano which had fallen from a great height.  Oddly enough, the piano's loss was mourned more than her own.

Gaston - Town Doom Legionairre has been Darwinned.
Edna - Town Aligned Information Broker has been crushed by a Grand Piano.

It is now Day 4.

Bowser (1): Potato

With 8 active votes, it takes 5 to lynch.
It is not LYLO.

There are 72 hours remaining.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Villainous Anonymafia - Day 4
« Reply #311 on: February 06, 2010, 08:35:25 AM »

Game four? That means it's Goldsmith's time to shine! Oh desire!

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 06, 2010, 09:14:07 AM »

Fear not Gaston; when I get my hands on those Dragon Balls, I'll wish you back to life. In the meantime, you will be avenged.

Did a re-read of Burns and people who talk about him.

Interesting points:

Burns moves from Bowser to Warboss
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,4564.msg96061.html#msg96061

Joker placing a lot of faith in Burns' 'role' and Dahlia's ghost (throughout the game)

Burns says that Beatrice and Gendou are town, and cheerleads Joker: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,4564.msg96249.html#msg96249

Bowser looks particularly dodgy in this post:
I have no clue what to make of Burns.  I've had a ??? read on him for most of the game.  So who is scum?  I don't know.  Seriously this game makes no sense. 

And that's about all I could come up with from Burns analysis.

Warboss & I over in masonchat agree that Bowser looks the worst.

##Vote Bowser

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 06, 2010, 09:51:52 AM »

I think not! Kinzo, you are already dead! Why don't you get back to being dead in a fire? Kihihihihihihihihihi!!

I have much to speak of. As my power on the board is now completely useless, I have no reason to hold this move back any longer: I, the Golden Witch Beatrice, am a Town Aligned Minion Master. Of course I am! Look upon my furniture and quake in fear!

Apparently the game board's very construct cannot take the might of my power, for it shakes so much that even a simple Preview spell now takes a minute to cast when it should but take an instant. Allow me to organise a quieter tea party to explain what this actually means.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 06, 2010, 10:39:52 AM »

Before anyone asks, I wouldn't give that pig Ange-Beatrice the time of day, let alone acknowledge her as my successor. Not since she acted as Lady Bernkastel's piece, anyway. So back to the classics! The true thousand year witch is best, after all! *cackle*cackle*.

My power as Minion Master should have been of great use, but now seems able only to constrict me. Should any fool try to act on me at night, my furniture shall instead see to it that it happens to them instead. There are yet powers that may affect even a Golden Witch (though, unsurprisingly, I know not which), but all lethal ones will be blocked. This may seem immense at first sight, yet it basically boils down to Bulletproof with random fringe benefits/curses that amount to not much, especially given that roleblocking worked as normal (again, unsurprising). I imagine Rudolf's message would have failed, but I'd find it interesting to see if George's power would have saved himself from the second twilight had I not been roleblocked.

I sense two 'Gotcha' arguments gearing up, so let's take care of those now. The lesser one is that the only confirmed agent of Bernkastel also had 'master' in his name, but I shall trust you smart enough not to actually hold that against me, especially with the rolecop dead (oh Edna, why did you not at least try and explain yourself?) and out of the way of me claiming whatever I like. The greater one is that my role is completely passive, and there was the decree earlier from the game master regarding roleblocking and active roles. Perhaps we are defining 'active' differently, but this does look like a contradiction to me. If anyone takes issue with my furniture having been tied up for two nights in a row because of this, do say and we can think of a way of asking the game master in a way that can be fairly responded to.

As any good bulletproof should, I tried my best to attract the wrath of Lady Bernkastel directly, knowing it to waste her time. Twice receiving the consolation prize of being roleblocked, especially with the still very dubious first kill of Dahlia, is a great insult to my pride! As soon as the Legion of Doom came to prominence, it became obvious that my life would not be targeted during the twilights, but I did not reveal my power even then - even gambling on Gaap not trying to mark me with the Black Rose - because of the final information I could get: a third roleblock. The roleblocked would surely aim for no other, for it would practically clear me outright, but would probably not act if knowing my power to be passive. Being roleblocked would then completely clear Gaap for me, for if Bernkastel was acting that night with a kill and a roleblock, then the Black Rose could not be one of her gifts.

However, I, the Golden Witch Beatrice, received no notices regarding the third twilight. This of course means that Gaap did not attempt to mark me with the Black Rose, but also means that the roleblocker is no longer in play, be he Goldsmith or the agent now killing.

And no, I know that even assuming my power to be taken on face value it in no way clears me.

Next, on to others. In particular, that we are not in LYLO is quite interesting. I feel like this should at least clear Gaap, but allow me to muse on it momentarily.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 06, 2010, 11:17:59 AM »

In fact, most intriguing indeed! There are but seven pieces on the board. Should, in addition to Bernkastel's kill in the fourth twilight, both the lynch and the Black Rose take out 'innocents' and the potato remains in play and is on an 'innocent' after the fourth twilight, then we would be at four pieces. Even though Dahlia would still also be around, with two agents of Bernkastel and the potato the game would already be over in the name of the Witch of Miracles.

Now, I realise how unlikely this scenario would be, for we have even purposely schemed our way around this possibility. However, thus is not the nature of potential LYLO, which should act like the Witch of Miracles herself and be announced even at such unfathomable odds.

So I must ask, game master: are you quite sure that we're not in even potential LYLO?

If we are not, then this is most entertaining! We would certainly be looking for only one more agent from Lady Bernkastel. The mystery would then be whether or not we would be looking for another agent of Lady Lambdadelta as well, the existence of which I forget how would mess with the concepts of LYLO and potential LYLO. Gaap would be cleared of acting for Bernkastel as soon as the Black Rose is confirmed, but would become the obvious suspect for acting for Lambdadelta.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 06, 2010, 11:45:53 AM »

Except no, there's a hole in that theory.

We would also not be in potential LYLO even with two remaining avatars of Lady Bernkastel if the Black Rose is currently not marking anyone, or is currently marking an agent of Bernkastel. In the latter case, even if the Black Rose was removed or otherwise stopped, we would at worst pass the fourth twilight with five pieces on the board, requiring four votes to lynch given the delightful Dahlia, a feat that Bernkastel would be unable to force even if the potato was drafted to help.

This case of course makes Joker look all the worse, assuming that is indeed where the Black Rose currently sits.

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 06, 2010, 01:29:12 PM »
I gave the order to have Clown Man eliminated last night. I felt confident enough in picking him over the witch after all the things he said yesterday that made me raise an eyebrow (most notably trying to misdirect Dahlia's vote "message").

I'm going to be gone most of today, but I feel I (and others) already gone over this enough, so I feel fine putting it down.

##Vote: Bowser

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
  • Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 06, 2010, 02:09:21 PM »
I'z also 'ere! And I'z ready to turbo dis train' wif da fast stuff!

##VOTE: BOWSER
Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 06, 2010, 02:29:59 PM »

The furniture and Vegeta are absolutely clear. If Bernkastel lies among them then either the game master or the 'innocents' among them

Gaap has always pleased me, but ever more so now, for I now cannot envision both she and Joker being Bernkastel's remaining influence here when suggested the equal option of marking me with the Black Rose as he. Were she partnered with Bowser it does not matter, and with Siesta 1073741824 is so bizarre I can't imagine it - though I suppose technically possible if they've both lied about how their roles work. The only real remaining avenue for trickery would be through her being an unexpected agent of Lady Lambdadelta by the previous musings, but I can't take that seriously.

Siesta 1073741824 would take such contriving. It would burn deeply if he is an agent of Bernkastel and has manoeuvred this so well, but I really can't see it.

The only itching problem with a Goldsmith/Bowser/Joker team is Joker's edging of Bowser over Goldsmith yesterday.

Gaap! The Black Rose is alas useless to our cause as of the Joker's death, given that, assuming Bowser's lynch, your choices will be the two remaining masons, Siesta 1073741824 and my glorious self, by which we mean two definite innocents and two people it won't work on. I insist that you use it on someone so we can clear you if Bowser works for the Witch of Miracles but the Joker does not, but I think from an objective standpoint you're best off passing it to Siesta 1073741824, because you should be guarded against the possibility of my power being true but working for Bernkastel nonetheless, for that's the only way I can see a position following the fourth twilight where someone can deny having been Black Rosed and the 'innocents' not winning by just lynching you. Contrarily you may wish to place it on me to test that I do have my power, which if I were in league with Bernkastel could be a lie, but this seems like far less of import in comparison.

I am town and my power would stop the Black Rose, but I see no reason why you shouldn't be taking the precaution.

Siesta 1073741824! Don't misinterpret the above! I'm not asking you to be Black Rosed to death. I fully expect you to save yourself. It just needs to happen to go towards confirming Gaap.

I am obviously more than supportive of the Bowser lynch. My vote is not there already was to at least allow everyone to say their piece. Otherwise sure.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 06, 2010, 04:00:45 PM »
I have reviewed my Math and....  actually, yes.  Town is in potential LYLO.  My apologies for the mistake.  I forgot to account for our friend Mr. Xanatos, and the permutations he adds in.

But first, a vote count.

Bowser (4): Potato, Vegeta, Dr. Wily, Gorgutz

With 8 Alive it takes 5 to lynch.

There are 64 hours remaining in Day 4.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 04:06:32 PM by Excal »

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Villainous Anonymafia - Day 4 Potential LYLO
« Reply #321 on: February 06, 2010, 06:33:03 PM »
Yo, hag. That makes no sense. Why wouldn't he target you, if all it's going to do is fizzle. If he targets me, then in order to save myself, I have to give myself a partial vote. I'd be all too lynchable!

...hey, hey, hey, HEY! Hold up a second here! Why the hell are we so gung-ho to effectively lynch two people per day? All that does is hasten LYLO! And then, scum has us do a little jig before... BAM! We all lose.

Clown, Spike. Get your asses out here and speak up for yourselves!

I'll be gone for about 10 hours. DO. NOT. HAMMER. I will beat the shit outta ya' if you do. I want to get my two-cents in before you shit heads make a terrible mistake.

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 06, 2010, 06:54:46 PM »
Good morning, I am indeed Xanatos'd, and I would like to request that that be removed at the earliest opportunity.  

I am the town's Master of Masks, having the ability to pull off the masks anyone wears, even Batman, and look at their true sleeping face, seeing their deepest intentions!  In other words I am a cop.  Investigations!

Night Zero - Vegeta (Villain, aka town)
Night One - Light (Mysterious failure, as described previously.  I thought I went to his house and looked at his sleeping face, but in the morning I realized I never went anywhere and couldn't remember anything.)
Night Two - Wily (Villain)
Night Three - Beatrice (Villain, but with odd flavor regarding an ominous force which now makes hella sense)

This should hopefully all be self explanatory reviewing my play.  Vegeta was obviously chosen at random, Light because he was hanging back and blending in, Wily because of his being high profile but not too high profile, and Beatrice since my suspicions got the better of me last night.  I was slightly suspicious of Wily yesterday despite investigating him because of how he was acting (player meta, really?) and the possibilities with his role, along with fear I might be naive or otherwise failure prone.  However I think the godfather/mother has been nice enough to outright claim her power now so... yeah!

I am 99.9% sure now that Beatrice is the scum godmother, there never was a roleblocker, and her other underling is .... one of Bowser/Gig/Wily.  I want to say Bowser is most likely based on how he's played, but Beatrice's attitude worries me a lot since if it's NOT Bowser we are up Gotham River without a paddle if he is lynched and I am allowed to die.  Hence I again request saving ASAP!  (Fortunately I think it's all but impossible for Wily to be scum now, so he can pull me out).  I would prefer a Beatrice lynch today, and... well okay I'll be dead tonight but hopefully the rest of you can have much more leeway from there!  Assuming Beatrice flips scum, Wily poisons Bowser, lynch Gig, and done, assuming Gorgutz is also town (which I now do believe).  Gig as scum actually makes a lot of sense looking back, able to cure any scum hit by the delayed vig and his behavior... yeah.

Unfortunately I am pretty busy today but if you have questions ask and I'll be around every few hours!

##Vote: Beatrice

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 06, 2010, 06:59:07 PM »
I'll be gone for about 10 hours. DO. NOT. HAMMER. I will beat the shit outta ya' if you do. I want to get my two-cents in before you shit heads make a terrible mistake.

Oh god the irony.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 06, 2010, 07:21:23 PM »

Siesta 1073741824! I explained why previously. The point is that given that it doesn't matter it would serve to be defensive against me. If you don't see the need, then sure, have it thrown my way.

Joker, what. Why would you be able to scan a scum godmother like that? I wouldn't be surprised if you tried to claim I was third party based on that, but if you aren't acting for Bernkastel then I'd take that as a sign of my power reflecting back on you.

But no, I thought my power was a bit too powerful not to draw attention, but you go and claim cop?

And then you say you've cleared Gaap, and then suspect her, even a little, as a potential co-conspirator? Double godmother or something?

No, I think you've messed up a fake-claim. We're already far too overpowered. If you are an 'innocent', let's kiss and make up in the Golden Land.

##Vote: Bowser

I don't trust Siesta 1073741824 not to get cold feet and save Joker. If there's any scum left for tomorrow, my action should hopefully explain itself. Even with the potential LYLO statement, I'm really quite sure of Joker, and I don't want the rabbit screwing it up, as the fact it could be Bowser but not Joker based on Joker's start to day 3 worries me.

Gaap, I hope you see things to be true and don't save the fool. The fourth twilight will thus be followed with four people, and if Joker happens not to be scum then you will be cleared by him and it'll thus be a choice for whichever two of the three confirmed 'innocents' survive between myself and the rabbit, which would be the rabbit, but I'll see if we get there. If he's scum but Bowser isn't then it's a bit messier.