Author Topic: Parties & Rivals Team Tourney - Round 3  (Read 2879 times)

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Parties & Rivals Team Tourney - Round 3
« on: January 29, 2010, 01:10:52 AM »
Results from Week 2.  Indalecio scrapes another win by one vote, and both Zophar and the SoM team put up good fights, but a lot of blowouts otherwise.

Godlike
Brahman (Digital Devil Saga) vs. Lady (Shadow Hearts: FTNW) (5-0)
Guv, Yangus, Jessica, Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII) vs. Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) (3-2)
--
Ryu, Nina, Bleu, Puka (Breath of Fire)  vs. Vayne, Jessica, Nikki, Flay, Pamela, Anna (Mana Khemia) (6-0)
Sulphur (Phantom Brave) vs. Zidane, Garnet, Vivi, Steiner (Final Fantasy IX) (4-0)

Heavy
Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, Teddie (Persona 4) vs. Ulrika, Chloe, Pepperoni, Goto, Enna (Mana Khemia 2) (3-0)
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7) vs. Indalecio (Star Ocean 2) (5-4)
--
Ryu, Rei, Momo (Breath of Fire III) vs.  Elyon (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) (6-1)
Alex, Nash, Mia, Jessica, Kyle, Nall (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) vs. Divine Weapon (Wild Arms 4) (6-0)

Middle
Xorn (Grandia III) vs. Hugo, Fubar, Sgt. Joe, Lilly (Suikoden III) (7-0)
Ramza, Agrias, Mustadio, Orlandu, Meliadoul (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs. Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Athos, Serra, Nils (Fire Emblem) (6-2)
--
Kefka (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Jecht (Final Fantasy X) (8-1)
Celes, Sabin, Edgar, Setzer (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Lavos (Chrono Trigger) (8-1)

Light
Daos (Lufia 2) vs. Luke, Guy, Tear, Jade (Tales of the Abyss) (7-2)
Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Snorlax, Espeon (Pokemon) vs. Ashley, Brad, Lilka (Wild Arms 2) (7-0)
--
Loki (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Kuja (Final Fantasy IX) (8-1)
Crono, Marle, Lucca (Chrono Trigger) vs. Albert Simon (Shadow Hearts) (7-0)

Bonus Match
Randi, Purim, Popoi (Secret of Mana) vs. Berserk Ashnard (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance Hard mode) (2-1)

The carnage continues this week.  Can either Xorn or Pikachu be stopped on their rampage?  And which one of Lady or Zophar will be humiliatingly eliminated, two bosses who looked champ-material?  In this week's bonus match, the poor cast of Final Fantasy VIII are thrown a bone.  Will it be enough to avert horrible failure and getting Devoured themselves?

As a reminder, boss HP is unscaled for this tournament, including even for boss vs. boss fights.  In general bosses get credit for multiple parts and formchains as well.  Mana Khemia /Pokemon party size limits are enforced. 

Also...  Boring procedural stuff for next round!
Wanted to write this down now so that people aren't surprised next round, since we don't normally do double elims around here and there are several possible ways to run the end of such a tourney.
* Short version: The rules are designed to make it so there are two non-repeat matches next week, though it's possible that one dueler will have two matches and another a bye.
* Long version:

* Semifinal option A: The unbeaten team is matched against the "lowest seed" of the two winners in the last round's elimination brackets, unless a repeat match would be avoided by matching them against the other winner of the elimination brackets. ("Seed" determined by winning vote margin.)
** Finals option A1: If the unbeaten team wins their semifinal round, then they take on the other semifinal winner in a winner-take-all finals (i.e. if the unbeaten team loses in the finals it's over in spite of only having one loss).
** Finals option A2: If the unbeaten team loses this round, then the result is a round-robin between the three competitors who only have 1 loss.
* Semifinal option B: If there is no way to avoid a repeat match, instead the unbeaten team gets a bye and the three teams in the elimination bracket play in a round-robin.
** The winner of the round-robin plays the unbeaten team in a winner-take-all finals.

Ties in a round robin are settled by cumulative vote margin in the round robin, and continued ties are broken by vote margin in preceding rounds.  (Or by non-voters offering last-second votes in chat to avoid the tie in the first place.)

If a match of a round-robin is a repeat, the previous result is honored and it is assumed all voters cast their votes the same way.  New votes are welcome, though, so if it was close previously and you didn't vote, this is your chance to add to an upset.  (Or if you voted before but have changed your mind for whatever reason, you can do that, too.)  There will be at least one repeat match in every round robin, so there are really only 2 matches at most, not 3.

While a rematch might be thrilling in sports it doesn't work as well in the DL, hence the attempt to avoid them.

This closes in a week.

Godlike
Brahman (Digital Devil Saga) vs. Guv, Yangus, Jessica, Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII)
--
Lady (Shadow Hearts: FTNW) vs. Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)
Vayne, Jessica, Nikki, Flay, Pamela, Anna (Mana Khemia) vs. Sulphur (Phantom Brave)

Heavy
Ulrika, Chloe, Pepperoni, Goto, Enna (Mana Khemia 2) vs. Indalecio (Star Ocean 2)
--
Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, Teddie (Persona 4) vs. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7)
Ryu, Rei, Momo (Breath of Fire III) vs. Divine Weapon (Wild Arms 4)

Middle
Xorn (Grandia III) vs. Ramza, Agrias, Mustadio, Orlandu, Meliadoul (Final Fantasy Tactics)
--
Hugo, Fubar, Sgt. Joe, Lilly (Suikoden III) vs. Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Athos, Serra, Nils (Fire Emblem)
Kefka (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Lavos (Chrono Trigger)

Light
Luke, Guy, Tear, Jade (Tales of the Abyss) vs. Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Snorlax, Espeon (Pokemon)
--
Daos (Lufia 2) vs. Ashley, Brad, Lilka (Wild Arms 2)
Loki (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Crono, Marle, Lucca (Chrono Trigger)

Bonus Match
Squall, Irvine, Quistis (w/ Elemental Attack junction) (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Serph, PC Heat, Gale (Digital Devil Saga)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Re: Parties & Rivals Team Tourney - Round 3
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 01:49:52 AM »
Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, Teddie (Persona 4) vs. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7) - Just doing this one for now. I ... don't think Sephiroth can kill anyone on his first turn. The problem for Seph is that even if he flies, one of either Yukiko or Teddie can just defend to avoid the status from Super Nova and then heal  on the next turn. Considering he can't do jack squat about the Makajas except with DESPELL which he has to waste a turn using... yeah, he seems kind of screwed. Wall is dealt with via Dekaja to me, to boot.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 03:51:15 AM »
Godlike
Even if Fate Storm has its damage capped somewhere Zophar still wins this.  Lady's boss-slugging against unscaled HP has some issues with the whole using stock issue.  Actually Zophar probably wins even with FS as ID, he's got good backup damage.

Heavy
:*-(

Middle
Xorn (Grandia III) vs. Ramza, Agrias, Mustadio, Orlandu, Meliadoul (Final Fantasy Tactics)
I tend to scale Xorn more against lots of light hits with delay-physicals more than expensive, SP-draining, and slow recharge special moves.  This makes his speed worse but his HP better.  With unscaled HP he can outlast this blitz.  Orlandu soloing is a vague worry but he doesn't have the mighty Defend command so Death Knell + something ruins even HP-twinked Orlandu.
EDIT: WTF.  Sure, I'll take super's argument.  What a weird way to win.  Sounds like Xorn has to rely on EROSION HYPE and Wish might theoretically cure it anyway.
--
Hugo, Fubar, Sgt. Joe, Lilly (Suikoden III) vs. Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Athos, Serra, Nils (Fire Emblem)
How long does Hugo's Sleep last?  Leaning FE here, killing Hugo himself is tough but once Joe goes down S3 is in big trouble, and the FE crit chances flying around are more deadly than S3's.

Kefka (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Lavos (Chrono Trigger)
Form-chain whittles off too much of Kefka's HP, Kefka has to Havok Wing the two arms and then HW the body twice to beat the earlier form which gives form 1 time to get Kefka to 51% HP (which'd be around 1.5 PCHP to me?).  Unfortunately Lavos is letting limit Kefka get off at least four Havok Wings with Time Warp->Grand Stone->Something but think he tanks it and wins.  (There's possible Core Defense Up hype even if Kefka does wipe out the main body anyway, but that's a giant headache if Kefka gets that far.)

Light
--
Takes too long to get a good offense going here, even with Lilka's Saint doing super-damage.  Lilka can Extend a Healing Spell to stave off doom a little but she runs out of FP before Daos runs out of HP, I'm thinking, unless Daos has just no luck in getting even one Confusion to stick.

Marle and Lucca are magic-tanks, Indiscriminate's random aim means he's going to be hitting them too often rather than Crono, and Loki's backup physicals get dealt with by Marle healing and can't OHKO Marle.  I think.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 12:17:33 AM by SnowFire »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 04:13:55 AM »
Isn't Dragon Orb actually physical, though? In addition to being MT, that would handle Marle and Lucca rather easily.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 04:29:23 AM »
Godlike
Brahman (Digital Devil Saga) vs. Guv, Yangus, Jessica, Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII) - I'm thinking that the DQ8 team just doesn't have the resources for unscaled Brahman durability. Call Team and Magic Burst make it close, but the slog is just too long.
--
Lady (Shadow Hearts: FTNW) vs. Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) - Kneejerk
Vayne, Jessica, Nikki, Flay, Pamela, Anna (Mana Khemia) vs. Sulphur (Phantom Brave) - I think the switching messes up his game too much. Pamela's auto-revival too.

Heavy
Ulrika, Chloe, Pepperoni, Goto, Enna (Mana Khemia 2) vs. Indalecio (Star Ocean 2) - Kneejerk, though I only know MK2 from the stat topic, so I'm willing to revise this.
--
Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, Teddie (Persona 4) vs. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7) - Super Nova the status bait.
Ryu, Rei, Momo (Breath of Fire III) vs. Divine Weapon (Wild Arms 4) - Ryu3 probably solos.

Middle
Xorn (Grandia III) vs. Ramza, Agrias, Mustadio, Orlandu, Meliadoul (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Just better and doesn't fall prey to FFT's PC spoiling.
--
Hugo, Fubar, Sgt. Joe, Lilly (Suikoden III) vs. Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Athos, Serra, Nils (Fire Emblem) - Simple case of being outnumbered, I'd say.
Kefka (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Lavos (Chrono Trigger) - Out-durable'd.

Light
Luke, Guy, Tear, Jade (Tales of the Abyss) vs. Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Snorlax, Espeon (Pokemon) - Good match. I'm thinking the TotA's nice selection of elemental damage in magical and physical flavors really messes up the Pokemon's games. Being restricted to two Pokemon at once and losing turns when one of them dies swings it for me. Snorlax is the only one that's worrisome, so that could swing it. But if Snorlax is guaranteed to come out 5th, then the TotA team will have some Overlimits by then and that's just nasty.
--
Daos (Lufia 2) vs. Ashley, Brad, Lilka (Wild Arms 2) - Kneejerk.
Loki (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Crono, Marle, Lucca (Chrono Trigger) - Kneejerk.

Bonus Match
Squall, Irvine, Quistis (w/ Elemental Attack junction) (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Serph, PC Heat, Gale (Digital Devil Saga) - Really, Heat and Gale are pretty decent duelists, unless they go against elemental spoilers... which the FF8 cast just became! Still... amusing to think that if the FF8 cast somehow gets into Limit range, it means that Serph can Eat them with his Hunt skills. Delicious.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 04:40:15 AM »
Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, Teddie (Persona 4) vs. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7) - Super Nova the status bait.

Just curious, do you not allow them to defend to avoid the status? Super Nova is only 50% and both Teddie and Yukiko have MT status healing.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 04:44:38 AM »
They can, but Seph can Super Nova multiple times and the P4 team isn't taking him out before Super Nova gets both Teddie and Yukiko.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 04:51:19 AM »
I guess my point is that they both can defend... then one can heal the status while the other keeps defending. Not to mention that Sukukaja easily staves off the status from Super Nova.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 04:53:42 AM by Nephrite »

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 04:53:44 AM »
If they're both defending, then how do they heal status? If they stop defending to heal status, then they'll get statused themselves. Eventually they both end up statused and they haven't done anything to hurt Seph..?

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 05:05:03 AM »
If they're both defending, then how do they heal status? If they stop defending to heal status, then they'll get statused themselves. Eventually they both end up statused and they haven't done anything to hurt Seph..?

Well, I thought Seph had to Fly in order to Super Nova, for one. If that's not the case then it's a bit harder, but here's what I was thinking:

Okay, so Seph uses Super Nova, let's say he hits both Yosuke and Chie with it, but Yukiko and Teddie were defending. Yukiko now will cast Salvation to remove it, and by odds, it shouldn't hit them that time, right? So they just keep doing that. If need be, both Teddie and Yukiko can cast Salvation, the actual odds of Seph hitting both of them with Super Nova with Sukukaja in play is very low.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 06:08:12 AM »
Godlike
Brahman (Digital Devil Saga) vs. Guv, Yangus, Jessica, Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII): He has 3 forms with Eternal Zero. 1 for each monster team, 1 for the actual people. 1 Eternal Zero + 4 attacks is extremely hard for a group of PCs to survive, and team DQ8 doesn't have any tricks that let them do it.
--

Heavy
Ulrika, Chloe, Pepperoni, Goto, Enna (Mana Khemia 2) vs. Indalecio (Star Ocean 2): Ulrika's elemental barrier and Chloe's MT support are kind of insurmountable. This is the kind of match where an MK party could last literally forever.
--
Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, Teddie (Persona 4) vs. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7): Problem with the defend strat: Seph uses SN, 1 healer defends, other uses Salvation. Seph casts Break on the one who cast Salvation. It does 5,000 damage, that + supernova is easily enough to kill a healer. There's revival, but that just leaves the reviver open to getting killed or pale horsed next turn. Meanwhile Supernova is keeping Chie at really low health, meaning she can't do any real damage, so with the healers constantly having to play their game and Chie useless, only Yosuke is doing damage. Team P4 just runs out of SP before Yosuke's flailings can kill.

Middle
Xorn (Grandia III) vs. Ramza, Agrias, Mustadio, Orlandu, Meliadoul (Final Fantasy Tactics): Darkness vs. a team with no healing.
--
Hugo, Fubar, Sgt. Joe, Lilly (Suikoden III) vs. Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Athos, Serra, Nils (Fire Emblem): Just too many bodies to throw at the S3 team.
Kefka (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Lavos (Chrono Trigger): Better.

Light
Luke, Guy, Tear, Jade (Tales of the Abyss) vs. Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Snorlax, Espeon (Pokemon): All the pokes are slower than Luke and Guy to me, which is kind of disastrous.
--
Loki (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Crono, Marle, Lucca (Chrono Trigger) : Carnage anthem is the physical one, and that's Fire. Which CT resists, IIRC.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 06:21:59 AM »
Um. Carnage Anthem is a Great Magic, and that's Poison-elemental. Why would Loki's Carnage Anthem be any different?

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 06:30:50 AM »
Meant extension force there.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 06:42:13 AM »
Oh, right.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 05:46:57 PM »
Heavy
Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, Teddie (Persona 4) vs. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7) - Yeah, after looking at the turn order as I see it, I'm seeing this working very well in the P4 team's favour. Chie can PC on her turn, get statused, get healed and then get her turn to smaaaash. Throw in Yosuke's damage, and have Yukiko defending on the side (if possible - if Teddie is statused on the first nova, then he'll defend instead) - there's just way too much healing and evasion for Seph to deal with. And I'm guessing Chie and Yosuke will have practically finished him by the time Auto-Suku wears off, personally. (Seph durability respect? Where?)

Middle
Kefka (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Lavos (Chrono Trigger) - This whole fight comes down to one thing and one thing alone - I have a lot more respect for CT speed than I do FF6 speed, thanks to how the attacks/ATB works in them. Damn close match, though.

Bonus Match
Squall, Irvine, Quistis (w/ Elemental Attack junction) (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Serph, PC Heat, Gale (Digital Devil Saga) - Hitting weakness is just... yeah.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 11:53:46 PM »
Monkey, Salvation is full healing + status restoration, if that changes your mind at all.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 11:17:24 PM »
Pretty quiet here.  This closes tomorrow!  Get your votes in!

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 12:02:22 AM »

--

Middle
Xorn (Grandia III) vs. Ramza, Agrias, Mustadio, Orlandu, Meliadoul (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Knight of Ice formation! Xorn isn't the threat he is at full HP that he is once he loses some HP. Ramza uses an ice shield and scream spams like crazy, while Orlandu/Meliadoul/Agrias keep healing him and each other. Once Ramza reaches the point of 999  damage and outspeeding Xorn, the team goes on offense and smashes his face in. He can't dispel Ramza's stat buffs and is pretty much fucked.
--
Hugo, Fubar, Sgt. Joe, Lilly (Suikoden III) vs. Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Athos, Serra, Nils (Fire Emblem)- Wind of Sleep wrecks havoc on the enemy team.
Kefka (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Lavos (Chrono Trigger)- Kefka's counters matter for once!

Light
Luke, Guy, Tear, Jade (Tales of the Abyss) vs. Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Snorlax, Espeon (Pokemon)- Think so.
--
Daos (Lufia 2) vs. Ashley, Brad, Lilka (Wild Arms 2)- Daos's MT damage is a joke and he needs a *lot* of luck to get anything done. WA2's got some innate status curing as well, which does him no favors.
Loki (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Crono, Marle, Lucca (Chrono Trigger) - Think Carnage Anthem puts too much pressure on the CT team.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 01:49:10 AM »
Godlike
Brahman (Digital Devil Saga) vs. Guv, Yangus, Jessica, Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII) - Cheats.
--
Lady (Shadow Hearts: FTNW) vs. Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) - Fate Storm is more ridiculous without scaling.
Vayne, Jessica, Nikki, Flay, Pamela, Anna (Mana Khemia) vs. Sulphur (Phantom Brave) - Sulphur's all ST so I think he has trouble making things stick here.

Heavy
Ulrika, Chloe, Pepperoni, Goto, Enna (Mana Khemia 2) vs. Indalecio (Star Ocean 2) - Indalecio respect?  What Indalecio respect?
--
Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, Teddie (Persona 4) vs. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7) - Kneejerk.
Ryu, Rei, Momo (Breath of Fire III) vs. Divine Weapon (Wild Arms 4) - Hm, think they can handle this.

Middle
Xorn (Grandia III) vs. Ramza, Agrias, Mustadio, Orlandu, Meliadoul (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Sure I'll buy that.
--
Hugo, Fubar, Sgt. Joe, Lilly (Suikoden III) vs. Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Athos, Serra, Nils (Fire Emblem) - Hmm.
Kefka (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Lavos (Chrono Trigger) - I think?

Light
Luke, Guy, Tear, Jade (Tales of the Abyss) vs. Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Snorlax, Espeon (Pokemon) - Probably.
--
Daos (Lufia 2) vs. Ashley, Brad, Lilka (Wild Arms 2) - Maybe.
Loki (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Crono, Marle, Lucca (Chrono Trigger) - Don't care.

Bonus Match
Squall, Irvine, Quistis (w/ Elemental Attack junction) (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Serph, PC Heat, Gale (Digital Devil Saga) - Am I supposed to lol?

Taishyr

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 02:07:42 AM »
Godlike
Brahman (Digital Devil Saga) vs. Guv, Yangus, Jessica, Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII) - Ahahahahahahaha
--
Vayne, Jessica, Nikki, Flay, Pamela, Anna (Mana Khemia) vs. Sulphur (Phantom Brave) - Gutchecking Sulphur can bring down enough of the team fast enough.

Heavy

Middle
Hugo, Fubar, Sgt. Joe, Lilly (Suikoden III) vs. Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Athos, Serra, Nils (Fire Emblem) - I herd u liek slp~
Kefka (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Lavos (Chrono Trigger) - Gets a turn. Or two.

Light

Bonus Match
Squall, Irvine, Quistis (w/ Elemental Attack junction) (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Serph, PC Heat, Gale (Digital Devil Saga) - Junctions suck without the spells to use them with!

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 03:52:36 AM »
Bonus Match
Squall, Irvine, Quistis (w/ Elemental Attack junction) (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Serph, PC Heat, Gale (Digital Devil Saga) - Am I supposed to lol?

Bonus Match
Squall, Irvine, Quistis (w/ Elemental Attack junction) (Final Fantasy VIII) vs. Serph, PC Heat, Gale (Digital Devil Saga) - Junctions suck without the spells to use them with!

I loled.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2010, 05:25:47 PM »
Kefka (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Lavos (Chrono Trigger) - Thinking the formchaining is enough here.

Daos (Lufia 2) vs. Ashley, Brad, Lilka (Wild Arms 2) - Hahaha no.
Loki (Valkyrie Profile) vs. Crono, Marle, Lucca (Chrono Trigger) - Carnage Anthem works.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2010, 11:04:34 PM »
Nitpicking is more fun than voting! I'm a jerk.

I tend to scale Xorn more against lots of light hits with delay-physicals more than expensive, SP-draining, and slow recharge special moves.

Xorn is immune to delay/IP damage. The recharge thing is a point, but one I can't imagine makes things any worse for Xorn, since the gap in damage between spells and normal attacks is much larger than the gap in speed the other direction.

Wish doesn't dispel status. It only restores HP. No idea why that'd cancel Erosion.

Still, cute match, will think on it.

Super Nova with Sukukaja

Super Nova ignores evade. So does everything else Seph does except Shadow Flare and Break.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 11:08:13 PM »
Nitpicking is more fun than voting! I'm a jerk.

Yet, so right.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2010, 11:26:55 PM »
Xorn may not go *backward* on the IP gauge, yes, but not sure that's even relevant with how fast he is.  I can guarantee you that delay-physicals will freeze him (for a short amount of time) on the gauge, though, and he doesn't fight DL G3 duelers - he's going against full mastery Berserkers with Flash or Shadow Wave on, so Yuki is getting 12 hits and then getting another turn shortly afterward.  I was able to keep Xorn down to "only" about 1 turn per "rest of my party getting a turn" with this strategy.  (This is also including things like well-timed Defends, since Defend also has a very fast recharge, and Xorn's big damage moves tend to have longer ones).

And yes I meant Heal, not Wish.  (Which itself is kind of shaky since Erosion isn't just Poison.)