Author Topic: VALIANT HERO Mafia! [World is Saved]  (Read 58087 times)

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: VALIANT HERO Mafia! [Day Five]
« Reply #525 on: February 26, 2010, 02:08:45 AM »
Could be a GF remaining behind. No way to know why scum send who. WIFOM.
Psst, I'm trying to come up with something relevant to say but given that we're pretty much guaranteed to steamroll the last scum it's more or less an order of preference by now. Almaz is still iffy for some of his earlier actions and his response to my claim could be interpreted as scum giving up...

It's more an incredulous "We have this many power roles?!"

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 26, 2010, 02:11:44 AM »
It's more an incredulous "We have this many power roles?!"
We've already seen scum with a Silencer and a Rolecop, and assuming Hazel's claim is genuine they have another role besides the Comedian (who would therefore be Goon/GF). Again, let's hear from Hazel before I go any further...

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 26, 2010, 02:43:00 AM »
Back, about to go out again, but I've thought about it some, and I realized that I can tell you all what you want to hear without giving anything supersecret away.

The second person I saw target Smax was Smax himself. This is why I was so sure Comedian was the scum of the two, because the alternative solution was Smax NKing himself.

Won't say more than that, since what Smax and I have brought to the table should leave the remaining scum (if there is one) a nice giant WIFOM migraine.

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 26, 2010, 02:43:40 AM »
Actually, on second thought, I think I'll leave that mystery a mystery for a little while longer.

Sorry to get your hopes up, everyone, but I'll explain more tomorrow. Maybe. Depends on how the night goes.

Unless Smax wants me to talk about it today. Up to him.

I may as well dispel the confusion here, since part of it is a result of me being a dufus anyway. It hadn't occurred to me at first that a watcher would see me targeting myself, so I assumed Hazel was actually seeing a third person in addition to the Comedian. I've since cleared up that, mechanically speaking, there's no reason a watcher wouldn't see a doc self-protecting. So there's no big mystery here, just me being a little confused and overlooking an obvious explanation. (This explains why Hazel was so sure immediately that the Comedian was lying and makes me worry a little less about the possibility of scum watcher Hazel--they wouldn't need to pull a scheme like this just to get me out in the open because they would already be able to infer what I was.)

And Gordon is correct, I did target Hilda night 2 (I targeted Hiro night 1 and damn do I feel like an idiot for not doing the same night 2). His eagerness to proclaim his own towniness is a little disarming, though. Scum tracker is not inconceivable. And masons/doc/watcher/tracker is a lot of power on town's side, so I admit to a little skepticism (though this could be balanced out by scum roles, as we already know they have at least two). Gordon's obviously telling the truth about his role. I just wouldn't say it necessarily confirms his alignment. Gordon providing us with something useful tomorrow might, though.

Gordon, did you see anything else of note that you feel you can share at this time? Also would advise against assuming we'll just steamroll whatever's left.

As for why scum would send out the Comedian when he was already under suspicion? Eh. They had to send someone.

And, since Tick and Flay have chimed in now, I don't mind hammering sometime tonight if other folks are ready. I wouldn't mind having a couple hours to see if there's any last-minute observations I want to cram in, but yeah, mostly ready.

Ninja'd by Hazel. Yes, that.

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 26, 2010, 02:52:59 AM »
I was sort of hoping that the second person wasn't Smax, given that Hazel was still hiding it after Smax had claimed. :|

Gordon, did you see anything else of note that you feel you can share at this time?
My investigation of you N2 was the only thing to turn up an actual result. N1 I went for Saber because she held so hard to the Middleman lynch, which obviously didn't work; N3 I went for Flay to confirm the whole Mason thing (and sure enough, he made no action), and last night I tracked Hilda out of general uncertainty and got nothing. The last of these points MIGHT be enough to clear Hilda if Comedian flips GF/Goon, because with this much power I'm assuming scum got 3 roles in return. This is all WIFOM, though.

Anyway, I'm just about ready to finish up the day myself. Is there anyone else who needs to check in?

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 26, 2010, 03:04:05 AM »
Sorry to disappoint, Gordon. When I realized my misunderstanding there I thought about letting it lie just to mess with the morale of the remaining scum player, but it is better to not have townies waste time speculating about it.

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 26, 2010, 03:27:50 AM »
Find it a little curious that your first assumption was that the other person Hazel saw would also be scum, Gordon. When I was running under the misconception that he saw a third person, I assumed it was a cop because, well, I dunno why scum would have someone else visiting the person they were trying to nightkill.

Anyway, yeah, I'm basically ready to end the day here. Everyone's chimed in by now and I'm kinda eager to see what the night/next day gives us. Folks can hammer whenever they want as far as I'm concerned.

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 26, 2010, 03:31:37 AM »
Back, about to go out again, but I've thought about it some, and I realized that I can tell you all what you want to hear without giving anything supersecret away.

The second person I saw target Smax was Smax himself. This is why I was so sure Comedian was the scum of the two, because the alternative solution was Smax NKing himself.

Won't say more than that, since what Smax and I have brought to the table should leave the remaining scum (if there is one) a nice giant WIFOM migraine.

That... makes sense and it's something I thought of asking re; what made you so certain who the doc is?

Anyway I guess the Day's pretty much over?  That'll be Judgment Day tomorrow.

If we assume a 4-scum game, tomorrow will settle it, right?

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 26, 2010, 03:41:04 AM »
I'm still thinking it's possible to have a 3-scum game, but yeah, this'll give us our answer.

##Vote: Comedian

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 26, 2010, 03:46:49 AM »
Only thing I've got to add is that Gordon is making a lot of assumptions that I don't quite like. Smax has already said it, but I'll repeat it, Scum tracker isn't out of the question. Want to say there was a game here before that used it, but I can't remember which one. Discworld?

Anyway, yeah, doesn't quite clear him to me but definately puts him over Almaz/Bat for now at least. Probably not Hilda, though.

Nothing else to add, so whoever wants the honors of sticking a fork in Comedian can go right ahead as far as I'm concerned.

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 26, 2010, 03:52:11 AM »
Axel, I think that was Anonymous mafia with Gandalf and Rinsewind as scum.

Gandalf claimed Tracker there as scum.

Over 9000

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 26, 2010, 03:54:04 AM »
Cross my heart, not to lie
Stick a needle in my eye
Hope that all the townies die

##Vote Comedian

How scum feels.

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 26, 2010, 03:57:11 AM »
HAMMER, SHADDUP NOOBS

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 26, 2010, 05:24:01 PM »
(Tired, no long dramatic post this time, I'm afraid. Insert some Comedian lynching mob here due to him, iunno, tripping over a rabbit hole or something.)

The Comedian, Mafia Goon, has been killed.

Night Five, night actions in please~

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: VALIANT HERO Mafia! [Night Five]
« Reply #539 on: February 26, 2010, 06:31:46 PM »
Never fear Axel fans, the nightly entertainment is here to carry you over until the next day! Tonight's offering is a an awesome little song called "Vote Train." You might recognize the tune from this song.

* Axel begins to play an upbeat and happy tune

Now I've been playing lately, thinking about who's Town or Scum
And I believe it could be, something good has begun

Oh I've been lynching lately, dreaming that this would be the one
And I believe it could be, some day it's going to come

For out on the edge of darkness, there rides a vote train
Oh vote train take this hammer, come end the day again

Vote train's growing larger
Ride on the vote train
oh ah ee ah oh ah
Come on now vote train
Vote train's a big bandwagon
Everyone jump on the vote train!
oh ah ee ah oh ah
This is the vote train

Get your cases together, go bring your hunches too
Because it's getting nearer, deadline will be here soon

Now come and join the wagon, it's not so far from you
The case is getting stronger, soon we'll know if it's true

Oh vote train growing larger
Ride on the vote train
oh ah ee ah oh ah
Come on the vote train

Now I've been crying lately, thinking about the last mislynch
Why must they go on lurking, why can't we stop all this?

But out on the edge of darkness, there rides a vote train
Oh vote train take this hammer, come end the day again

Vote train's growing larger
Ride on the vote train
oh ah ee ah oh ah
Come on the vote train
Vote train's a big bandwagon
Everyone jump on the vote train
oh ah ee ah oh ah
This is the vote train
oh ah ee ah oh ah
Come on the vote traaaaaaaaaaiiiin1
Come on, come on, come on, come on
Come on the vote train
Come on everyone, it's getting nearer!

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: February 26, 2010, 08:21:25 PM »
I'm sure some of you are thinking, we killed him!  He has to be dead!  But hey, I'm a legend!  It'll take a lot more than some lynch mob to kill me!  But, since you don't want me around, there's some green skinned space babes who do.  But, before I leave, a song.

They're Prinny and The Scum
Yes, Prinny and The Scum
Led by a penguin
They're quickly undone.
Their scum train on flay.
Left them in dismay.
They're Prinny
They're Prinny and The Scum, Scum, Scum, Scum
Scum, Scum, Scum, Scum
Scum.

Before each night is done
Their powers shall cut us down
By the dawning of the sun
They'll just hit Nilla Town.

They're Prinny and The Scum
Yes, Prinny and The Scum
Their twilight campaign
Is easy to explain.
To prove their scummy worth

They'll overthrow the Earth
They're Prinny
They're Prinny and The Scum, Scum, Scum, Scum
Scum, Scum, Scum, Scum
Dood!

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 26, 2010, 09:15:22 PM »
(Seeing as it's barely been a few hours and I'm still awake, still too tired to do a writeup. Besides, it's hard to write stuff on characters I don't know. :()

Smax, Town Doctor, was killed.

It is now Day 6. With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch. Day ends at 4.30pm EST on the 28th February.

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: VALIANT HERO Mafia! [Day Six]
« Reply #542 on: February 26, 2010, 09:22:26 PM »
GORDON FINISH!!

Axel targetted Smax last night.

##GORDON VOTE!: Axel

GG, scum.

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 26, 2010, 09:29:54 PM »
Haha, yeah, I had like no chance of winning now. Axel, vanilla goon, at your service. I gotta say, with all these power roles cropping up at endgame, I'm really thinking that Town's just...

* Axel puts on sunglasses...

...over powered.

YYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I've got one more performance to work up if you'll be so kind as to hold off on the hammering~

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 26, 2010, 09:34:03 PM »
... Damn!  So your vote record was a lie!

... So tell me, was Day 1 intentional against Middleman?  When I read it later I thought something was off but you were pretty good on the Prinny.

I'm referring to the misconstruction of him "threatening" to vote Captain Kirk that I just couldn't see and thought it was a honest mistake. :(

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 26, 2010, 09:35:01 PM »
oh right

When a hero arrives, a villain has no chance!  You had no chance from the beginning thanks to all the big heroes here!

Nathan Greaves

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 26, 2010, 09:45:34 PM »
Axel targetted Smax last night.

Reeeheheheheeeally? How would you, as a tracker, know what Axel did...when you targeted Smax?

##Vote: Axel regardless (Gordon is at least telling the truth about Axel targeting Smax), but if the game doesn't after this, Gordon, you have a LOT of explaining to do.

Nathan Greaves

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 26, 2010, 09:49:39 PM »
Oh, whoops, never mind, Gordon did not target Smax.

This is what I get for reading only some of my PMs.

Nathan Greaves

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 26, 2010, 09:51:08 PM »
Great game from Axel, anyway, I never would have suspected you unless it came down to you vs. Smax.

Apologies to Almaz for my dogged pursuit of you, but I've used dogged pursuit to great effect before in the fight against Woundwort, and I figured it would work again.

Nathan Greaves

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 26, 2010, 09:54:17 PM »
(no one else targeted Smax btw)