imageRegister

Author Topic: In game use: Because I need something to do while list is down.  (Read 3318 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
In game use: Because I need something to do while list is down.
« on: February 18, 2010, 11:01:19 PM »
The rules of this are pretty straight forward. Vote for the PC who you found to have more use in game with the exception of the Onix divison. The divisions are Godlike (Noted awesome PCs), Heavy (Very good), Middle (Averagish), Light (Below average), and Onix (Terrible.)

Godlike:

Souji Seta (P4) vs Ramza Beoulve (FFT)
Medic (EO1) vs Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde (WA1PSX)
Knight (FF1NES) vs Sage (DQ3)
Zemeckis (Brig) Vs KOS-MOS (XS1)

Heavy:

Levin Branton (XF) vs Wren (PS4)
Cecil Harvey (FF4) vs Georg Prime (S5)
Alena (DQ4) vs Cloud Strife (FF7)
Ike (FE9) vs Peter (SF2)

Middle:

Zidane Tribal (FF9) vs Kent (FE7)
Lexis Shaia (Lufia 2) vs Roan (G2)
Meru (LoD) vs Alexia Lynn Elesius (XF)
Chie Satonaka (Pers4) vs Lazlo (S4)

Light:

Tim Rhymeless (WA2) vs Nina (BoF3)
Guy (Lufia 2) vs Jean (BoF2)
Lejes (7S) vs Sue (G1)
Kain Highwind (FF4) vs Mithra (VP2)

Onix: -For this division, vote for the worst of the two given PC's.

Roog (S5) vs Guido (G1)
Tony (XF) vs Adam (SF1)
Onix (RBY) vs Samson (BtB)
Karla (FE7) vs Mogu (BoF1)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 11:15:19 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: In game use: Because I need something to do while list is down.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 11:11:52 PM »
Godlike:

Souji Seta (P4) vs Ramza Beoulve (FFT)- Strikes me as better late in the game. His edges in uniqueness (Especially if you get his best personas) trump Ramza's well roundedness.
Knight (FF1NES) vs Sage (DQ3)- Better availability.
Zemeckis (Brig) Vs KOS-MOS (XS1)- Zemeckis is pretty well past borked by any measure; he starts the game with a giant level lead and he's one of the best PC's in the game even once everyone catches up. Two of the best spells+350 rune/six rune range+excellent durability. KOS is deadly good but I don't think her raw stat dominance is enough to overtake Zemeckis for use.

Heavy:

Levin Branton (XF) vs Wren (PS4)- Think so. Barrier is damn good though.
Cecil Harvey (FF4) vs Georg Prime (S5)- Cecil's weird. He switches from smashing to tanking when he turns into a Paladin, but he covers both roles nicely. He isn't bad on any stat and auto cover really helps in a game with decent randoms.
Alena (DQ4) vs Cloud Strife (FF7)- You can't really replace Alena's offense, while Cloud's good, but... yeah. FF7 system, everyone can do something he does.

Middle:

Zidane Tribal (FF9) vs Kent (FE7)- Zidane is pretty good if you put some effort into his skills. Kent defines 'unremarkable FE PC' to me.
Lexis Shaia (Lufia 2) vs Roan (G2)- I remember Roan being pretty average. Lexis has a wierd niche (Extremely high magic damage+MT physicals), which is effective enough.
Meru (LoD) vs Alexia Lynn Elesius (XF)- Never found a ton of use for Meru. Alexia's got really nice power and the ability to effectively get around her terrible stats (Move/speed) with the Strider skillset.
Chie Satonaka (Pers4) vs Lazlo (S4)- Lazlo blew ass once Eternal Ordeal stopped being good. Chie's got a fairly limited skillset, but MT physicals are something  you really want in P4 and it's hard to argue with her stat spread.

Light:

Tim Rhymeless (WA2) vs Nina (BoF3)- Pass.
Guy (Lufia 2) vs Jean (BoF2)- Guy's got really good durability that you never notice in game, and surprisingly good damage if you know how to use it for bosses. Jean's magic is mostly useless and he requires a lot of work to make usable thanks to the speed and better options.
Lejes (7S) vs Sue (G1)- Found Lejes to be the worst of the PC's in 7th Saga.
Kain Highwind (FF4) vs Mithra (VP2)- Kain's pretty solid for most of the game. Mithra is trash.

Onix:

Roog (S5) vs Guido (G1)- Roog at least had rune slots, Guido can't use magic, has terrible stats (His best damage is *still* worse than Justin's physical) and fails at everything.
Tony (XF) vs Adam (SF1)- Tony is a 1/10 PC on the in game use scale, saved by a few earlygame maps. Untwinkable PC's in a game with that kind of job system fail massively and he doesn't even have raw stats to fall back on. Adam is never useful, and if you somehow get his 1 damage dealing ass caught up in the few maps he's around for, he's still a bad PC.
Karla (FE7) vs Mogu (BoF1)- Dig>Having to level Bartre for a terrible PC who joins far too late.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 02:01:28 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 11:27:30 PM »
Godlike:

Souji Seta (P4) vs Ramza Beoulve (FFT) - No contest?
Medic (EO1) vs Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde (WA1PSX) - Good match! Cecilia is your only option for variety and incredibly awesome. Medic is similar, only you have more options available and you still always bring a damn Medic.
Knight (FF1NES) vs Sage (DQ3) - Never felt Knight was all that great. He's good, but feels more like a Heavy.
Zemeckis (Brig) Vs KOS-MOS (XS1) - See super.

Heavy:

Levin Branton (XF) vs Wren (PS4) - Not especially close. Could see the argument for Wren, and the status immunity is nice, but has that pesky Thunder weakness too.
Cecil Harvey (FF4) vs Georg Prime (S5) - Maybe if Georg actually stuck around.
Alena (DQ4) vs Cloud Strife (FF7) - This match belongs in Middle. Alena's replaceable enough, but Cloud is an FF7 PC.
Ike (FE9) vs Peter (SF2) - Both are really good. Peter's a bit of a kill-thief in his non-PC phase, but Ike has this pesky habit of causing game overs if he dies.

Middle:

Meru (LoD) vs Alexia Lynn Elesius (XF) - Meru speed in LoD's system > Alexia initiative in WAXF's system.
Chie Satonaka (Pers4) vs Lazlo (S4) - Easy left side sweep.

Light:

Tim Rhymeless (WA2) vs Nina (BoF3) - Well, she wasn't bad for the parts of the game where you have to use her. And luckily, you don't have to use her much after that!
Guy (Lufia 2) vs Jean (BoF2) - Sure.
Lejes (7S) vs Sue (G1) - ???? at super.
Kain Highwind (FF4) vs Mithra (VP2) - lol VP2 mages~ Rank Mithra just so we can laugh at him.

Onix: -For this division, vote for the -worse- of the two PC's.

Roog (S5) vs Guido (G1) - Guido's definitely the bigger joke. More annoying too.
Tony (XF) vs Adam (SF1) - Adam has a theoretical use, at least.
Onix (RBY) vs Samson (BtB) - Only played 10 minutes of BtB, but this the Onix division!
Karla (FE7) vs Mogu (BoF1) - Kneejerk.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 11:30:34 PM »
Lejes (7S) vs Sue (G1) - Huh?? at super.

Lejes is a fighter mage who is not really good at either. The skillset is unremarkable, so are the stats. What does he have going for him that Esuna (Who can heal) can't do, let alone the other PCs? His equips are pretty weak and it's expensive as hell to keep him up to date.  Wilme is argubly worse, but Wilme at least has good stats and doesn't require any money to keep him caught up. Either way I wouldn't use Lejes unless I was forced, while Sue can use magic and has a semi decent weapon selection.
-------------------

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 11:31:42 PM »
Godlike:

Souji Seta (P4) vs Ramza Beoulve (FFT) - See Super. Souji just dominates.
Medic (EO1) vs Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde (WA1PSX) - Ceci was great, but EO1 Medic is sick and wrong. Do not think I could have beaten the game without one.
Knight (FF1NES) vs Sage (DQ3) - Tai will probably kill me for this, but.
Zemeckis (Brig) Vs KOS-MOS (XS1) - Lack of Brig

Heavy:

Levin Branton (XF) vs Wren (PS4)- Haven't finished XF
Cecil Harvey (FF4) vs Georg Prime (S5) - Gerog suffers from long periods where he's not around. Cecil is a brick wall you can always count on.
Alena (DQ4) vs Cloud Strife (FF7) - Maybe it's just because DQ4DS is fresher in my mind, but she just feels worse then Cloud ever did to me. He was consistantly great and damn near everything.
Ike (FE9) vs Peter (SF2) - Peter was good, but not Ike level good. Ike promoting at basically the perfect time really helps him out, too,

Middle:

Zidane Tribal (FF9) vs Kent (FE7) - Always ended up getting more use out of Sain then Kent. He's good, but I wouldn't put him on Zidane's level.
Lexis Shaia (Lufia 2) vs Roan (G2) - I remember Roan doing alot of "get turn, use magic, all enemies die". Hell if I remember G2 well enough to say if that was him being awesome or me just using him for something anyone could do, but eh.
Meru (LoD) vs Alexia Lynn Elesius (XF) - Haven't beaten XF
Chie Satonaka (Pers4)  vs Lazlo (S4) - Coinflip here, handing it to the one with the better endgame.

Light:

Tim Rhymeless (WA2) vs Nina (BoF3) - Pretty close. Got alot of use out of Tim, but that might just be that I was insistant on using him because I thought he was cool.
Guy (Lufia 2) vs Jean (BoF2) - Jean's alright, but I didn't use him much. IIRC he was too slow for me.
Lejes (7S) vs Sue (G1) - No G1
Kain Highwind (FF4) vs Mithra (VP2) - Yeah, VP2 mage.

Roog (S5) vs Guido (G1) - No G1
Tony (XF) vs Adam (SF1) - Super covers this just fine.
Onix (RBY) vs Samson (BtB) - No BtB
Karla (FE7) vs Mogu (BoF1) - Super covers this just fine.

<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 11:34:24 PM »
Godlike:

Medic (EO1) vs Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde (WA1PSX) - Immunize.

Heavy:

Alena (DQ4) vs Cloud Strife (FF7) - Yeah, pretty much agree with super.

Middle:

Zidane Tribal (FF9) vs Kent (FE7) - Cavs are decent enough in FE, Zidane trends towards Light for ingame use.
Lexis Shaia (Lufia 2) vs Roan (G2) - Roan was there, mostly.

Light:

Tim Rhymeless (WA2) vs Nina (BoF3) - Um.
Guy (Lufia 2) vs Jean (BoF2) - I guess.
Lejes (7S) vs Sue (G1) - Oh what the heck.

Onix (RBY) vs Samson (BtB) - Samson fails at everything and is cursed for a decent chunk of the game to boot.
Karla (FE7) vs Mogu (BoF1) - Mogu actually manages to exist.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 11:39:05 PM »
Godlike:

Souji Seta (P4) vs Ramza Beoulve (FFT) - Soji.  By far.  Ramza is replacabilable by generics...Soji really isn't one you can replace otherwise.  Plus, hey, insane variety.
Medic (EO1) vs Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde (WA1PSX) - NO VOTE!
Knight (FF1NES) vs Sage (DQ3) - Mmm...do I consider Knight really a Godlike?  Sage probably deserves it more...and would be better anyway.  So Sage!
Zemeckis (Brig) Vs KOS-MOS (XS1) - KOS-MOS.  Zemeckis is...I'd put him below Cai, really - AoE spells are far more valuable, and the position of Esgares is...not great at all, and Zemeckis doesn't help enough.

Heavy:

Levin Brenton (XF) vs Wren (PS4) - Wren...for all that it's close.  Wren is the natural head of the party, has few resource problems, is ever present after he joins...Levin feels more replaceable, whereas Demi doesn't really feel able to replace Wren.
Cecil Harvey (FF4) vs Georg Prime (S5) - ...bleh.  Massive apathy here.  Georg probably - for all that he's less present, he feels more dominating than Cecil, who felt merely decent overall in the group.
Alena (DQ4) vs Cloud Strife (FF7) - Alena.  FF7 PCs don't stand out enough in my head, really...Alena was awesome on AI control or off...the offense and durability kicks ass.
Ike (FE9) vs Peter (SF2) - Peter.  Flying, infinite revival, great stats, required character...just really seems to fit everything perfectly.

Middle:

Zidane Tribal (FF9) vs Kent (FE7) - Zidane.  RNG screwing colours the mind, of course.
Lexis Shaia (Lufia 2) vs Roan (G2) - Roan.  Lexis really is not present long enough, and a lot of his abilities feel very obscure (the cool stuff, at least), plus, hey, others do magic just as well.  Roan has good stats in a game where he can put himself to anything.
Meru (LoD) vs Alexia Lynn Elesius (XF) - Alexia.  Meru...eh, LoD they all felt relatively similar >_>  Alexia at least makes Ragu pretty easy!
Chie Satonaka (Pers4) vs Lazlo (S4) - Chie...Lazlo is decent at the end, Chie is great early and late...overall wins a numbers game >_>

Light:

Tim Rhymeless (WA2) vs Nina (BoF3) - Tim.  First Aid is awesome in-game.
Guy (Lufia 2) vs Jean (BoF2) - ...Guy.  Neither are great, but Jean is worse than Nina for Death magic, and not outstanding anywhere else.  Guy at least has relatively unique weapons to play with, and helps with the Ancient Cave.
Lejes (7S) vs Sue (G1) - ...Lejes is odd, you can consider him MVP if you don't take anyone else!  Sue...man, Rah-Rah is ok at the worst, but...bleh.  Neither are great here, will probably say Sue - Lejes really does pale in comparison to everyone else, and is probably the hardest one to solo with.
Kain Highwind (FF4) vs Mithra (VP2) - ...Kain, probably.  Jump lets him survive longer?!

Onix:

Roog (S5) vs Guido (G1) - Roog.  Guido can steal and provide SP to others!
Tony (XF) vs Adam (SF1) - Tony.  
Onix (RBY) vs Samson (BtB) - Samson.
Karla (FE7) vs Mogu (BoF1) - Mogu.  SUPER RUN POWER!
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 12:22:45 AM »
Godlike:

Souji Seta (P4) vs Ramza Beoulve (FFT) - Yeah.
Medic (EO1) vs Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde (WA1PSX) - Immunize breaks game so hard.  Oh and Medic has the only worthwhile healing spells in the game.  Oh and they can use Caduceus for good damage if you want that too.  Yeah...  Poor Ceci.
Knight (FF1NES) vs Sage (DQ3) - Meh.  Probably should be a Heavy match.

Heavy:

Levin Branton (XF) vs Wren (PS4) - Easy.
Cecil Harvey (FF4) vs Georg Prime (S5) - I guess.
Alena (DQ4) vs Cloud Strife (FF7) - See above.
Ike (FE9) vs Peter (SF2)

Middle:

Zidane Tribal (FF9) vs Kent (FE7) - Kent is unremarkable.
Meru (LoD) vs Alexia Lynn Elesius (XF) - Think so.
Chie Satonaka (Pers4) vs Lazlo (S4) - Galactic Punt > whatever Lazlo can do in S4.

Light:

Tim Rhymeless (WA2) vs Nina (BoF3) - Tim actually has useful spells.
Lejes (7S) vs Sue (G1)
Kain Highwind (FF4) vs Mithra (VP2) - I guess.

Roog (S5) vs Guido (G1)
Tony (XF) vs Adam (SF1)
Karla (FE7) vs Mogu (BoF1) - PUKA HYPE

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 12:32:54 AM »
Godlike:

Souji Seta (P4) vs Ramza Beoulve (FFT) - If Ramza's unique class had anything decent he might win? Maybe? No, probably not.
Knight (FF1NES) vs Sage (DQ3)

Zemeckis (Brig) Vs KOS-MOS (XS1) - KOS' issue is that she can pretty much be replaced by anyone. If you play as Esgares (Especially in GE) Zemeckis is pretty much the only reason you can ever do anything.

Heavy:

Cecil Harvey (FF4) vs Georg Prime (S5) - I have to think about this one. Both of them have their pros and cons.
Alena (DQ4) vs Cloud Strife (FF7) - Hum. I have to think here too.
Ike (FE9) vs Peter (SF2) - Peter is good but not Ike good.

Middle:

Zidane Tribal (FF9) vs Kent (FE7) - Pretty unique and rather useful skillset.
Lexis Shaia (Lufia 2) vs Roan (G2) - I... am kneejerking Roan's way.

Light:

Tim Rhymeless (WA2) vs Nina (BoF3) - Simply because Ryu3 exists the rest of the cast kind of pales.
Guy (Lufia 2) vs Jean (BoF2) - Buffed Guy attacks hurt a decent amount through the entire game. Jean... is just there.
Lejes (7S) vs Sue (G1) - All around good skillset vs. Temp
Kain Highwind (FF4) vs Mithra (VP2) Apathy.

Roog (S5) vs Guido (G1)
Tony (XF) vs Adam (SF1)
Onix (RBY) vs Samson (BtB) - Samson eventually gets really good! Onix... ...can turn into Steelix?!
Karla (FE7) vs Mogu (BoF1) - Yeah Mogu is part of Puka. Nevermind then!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 01:27:03 AM by Nephrite »

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 12:33:55 AM »
Nope. Mogu isn't part of Puka. That's Karn, Ox, Bo, and Gobi.
-------------------

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 12:43:47 AM »
Godlike:

Heavy:

Ike (FE9) vs Peter (SF2)

Middle:

Light:

Taishyr

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 12:45:53 AM »
Godlike:

Knight (FF1NES) vs Sage (DQ3) - If you -had- to use a Goofoff to get a Sage, maybe Knight would win. However, you don't. Sage.

Heavy:

Ike (FE9) vs Peter (SF2)

Middle:

Chie Satonaka (Pers4) vs Lazlo (S4) - ST Lazlo hits Heavy/Godlike but since this is about ingame use I'm following the specified form. Chie wins, better at what she does.

Light:

Tim Rhymeless (WA2) vs Nina (BoF3) - Tim respect not found.
Lejes (7S) vs Sue (G1)

Roog (S5) vs Guido (G1)
Tony (XF) vs Adam (SF1)
Karla (FE7) vs Mogu (BoF1) - More likely to use Karla seriously. As, like, you know, a meatbag.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 12:55:43 AM »
Souji Seta (P4) vs Ramza Beoulve (FFT) - Yeah.

Chie Satonaka (Pers4) vs Lazlo (S4) - Galactic Punt > whatever Lazlo can do in S4.

Kain Highwind (FF4) vs Mithra (VP2) - I guess.
Cut the ones I can't vote on. Souji/Ramza's the only one that's not clean-cut to me, since Mithra is a VP mage and Lazlo is completely worthless once the good runes start coming in. Souji has variety/immunities while Ramza has Yell.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 01:18:13 AM »
Lazlo and Snowe have that really broken Unite attack once you get Snowe. Worth far more than his Rune. Still think Chie edges him out, and his ST form is clearly Godlike, but he's still useful in S4. It's not a bad match.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 01:22:11 AM »
Not list style?  Bah.  Oh well.

Knight (FF1NES) vs Sage (DQ3) - Good match.

Heavy:

Levin Branton (XF) vs Wren (PS4) - Levin for Godlike.
Cecil Harvey (FF4) vs Georg Prime (S5) - Georg's good but in an easy game like S5 there's a good argument that covering your weaknesses is more important than dominating your strengths.  It's actually possible for Georg to die, unlike some other alternatives.
Alena (DQ4) vs Cloud Strife (FF7) - I realize why she gets hype but when I actually played DQ4 Alena was just a frailer Ragnar who went first.

Zidane Tribal (FF9) vs Kent (FE7) - FF9 randoms are not a problem and Zidane's only okay against bosses.  Kent is an unkillable all-arounder by endgame.
Lexis Shaia (Lufia 2) vs Roan (G2) - Roan is actually your best mage in the finalish party of Ryudo/Elena/Tio/Roan.  Solid damage otherwise too.  Lexis was only okay.
Meru (LoD) vs Alexia Lynn Elesius (XF) - Er...  tough.  I never used Meru, and of the unique non-Tony WA:XF cast Alexia would have been the first I'd have dropped for a generic (you have enough fighters already so it's a chance for Labyrinthia to have another mage for company, and that horrible speed is not fixable).  And I acknowledge that Meru is actually pretty good if you use her in LoD.  But see comment on Georg about how in some ways using Meru is just giving you a chance to lose thanks to her bad durability.  Hrmm, tricky.  Think I'll have to lean Meru, while Alexia does have uses she's a weak link in a way that, say, Kongol is not.

Light:

Tim Rhymeless (WA2) vs Nina (BoF3) - Tim in Light.  (First Aid is good stuff.)
Guy (Lufia 2) vs Jean (BoF2) - Slaughter.
Lejes (7S) vs Sue (G1) - PUFF PUFF RAH RAH LET'S GOOOOOO!  (also nice extra warm body early, okay mage)
Kain Highwind (FF4) vs Mithra (VP2) - Kain's good, the Jump trick is nice for spoiling enemy MT attacks.

Onix:

Roog (S5) vs Guido (G1) - Guido is forced and you will find equipment for him for free in dungeons.  Attempting to use Roog steals a bunch of money as you sharpen his weapon and find out he still sucks.
Tony (XF) vs Adam (SF1) - Hey, I used Tony for those maps where there's a chest way off one way while the enemies are somewhere else, like Asgard I and a few other fights-in-the-capital maps.  High MOV hype.  (I'll admit I don't know Adam but he sounds even more niche than Tony.)
Karla (FE7) vs Mogu (BoF1) - Mogu is NOT part of Puka, actually.  However if you are killing randoms on the world map and want max MPless offense your team is Ryu/Bleu/Puka/Mogu, so that's a use, as is swapping in a quick warm body if someone up front dies.  Also DIG hype for advancing plot, getting a few trinkets.  Karla, even if you bother to recruit her, is best not used at all.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 02:20:30 AM »
Godlike:

Souji Seta (P4) vs Ramza Beoulve (FFT) - This is a great fight, but I think Souji just... feels even more impressive later on, and while he isn't that hot really early, he's still at least close to MVP throughout, becoming a living god by the time the late midgame kicks in. Ramza... doesn't really get quite this ridiculous. Still.
Zemeckis (Brig) Vs KOS-MOS (XS1) - Pass. Never played Zemeckis.

Heavy:

Cecil Harvey (FF4) vs Georg Prime (S5) - Georg honestly doesn't quite feel either essential nor gamebreaking (essential like Cecil is or gamebreaking like Miakis is). His limited availability also hurts a hell of a lot. Not really that close.
Alena (DQ4) vs Cloud Strife (FF7) - Alena is your prime source of offense in a game where you really want it fast and nasty. Cloud... eh, you can make anyone in FF7 broken. His limits don't really tip this.

Middle:

Zidane Tribal (FF9) vs Kent (FE7) - Zidane's utility felt pretty worthless besides stealing, and as an offense force, he was consistently lacking. Kent at least gives you good supports while being averagish with good weapon selection and mobility.
Lexis Shaia (Lufia 2) vs Roan (G2) - I really don't care.
Chie Satonaka (Pers4) vs Lazlo (S4) - Lazlo is pretty whatever in just about everything once Eternal Ordeal stops looking decent. This doesn't happen anytime late. Meanwhile, Chie's quite an interesting PC for randoms, at least, and is very solid in the lategame.

Light:

Tim Rhymeless (WA2) vs Nina (BoF3) - Tim might actually swing Middle, the skillset still works decently. Nina3... uuuuuuuuuhhhh... she might actually swing Onix in a bad day.
Guy (Lufia 2) vs Jean (BoF2) - Ech.
Lejes (7S) vs Sue (G1) - Lejes is terrible. Sue at least can be made halfway decent without much effort.
Kain Highwind (FF4) vs Mithra (VP2) - VP2 mages are pieces of junk. Kain at least was a 4-5/10 PC overall.

Onix:

Roog (S5) vs Guido (G1) - Guido fails at everything.
Karla (FE7) vs Mogu (BoF1) - jesus christ people really
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 01:12:59 PM »
Knight (FF1NES) vs Sage (DQ3) - If you -had- to use a Goofoff to get a Sage, maybe Knight would win. However, you don't. Sage.

Sages have some problem with access, you  need to use goofoffs or get the Sage book to get one. Knights have no such problem and are about as dominating throughout the game.
-------------------

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 02:16:55 PM »
Godlike:

Souji Seta (P4) vs Ramza Beoulve (FFT): Souji was far from as dominating as People make him out to be but...yeah, I don't think Ramza deserves Godlike, frankly.
Medic (EO1) vs Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde (WA1PSX): Can't vote.
Knight (FF1NES) vs Sage (DQ3): Sage is only available 2nd half of the game, and needs to work away low levels to reach that level of awesome.  Knight is absolutely unfair from start to finish.
Zemeckis (Brig) Vs KOS-MOS (XS1): Zemeckis can be ganged up and thus his overpoweredness factor kind of hurts.  KOS-MOS is basically a PC who has everything (even healing and such cause you can transfer skills) except Speed.

Heavy:

Levin Branton (XF) vs Wren (PS4): Levin was a strong arm of offense for my team, Wren...never really was much more than a reliable tank.
Cecil Harvey (FF4) vs Georg Prime (S5): I should note that Cecil should be specified as FF4o vs. FF4DS cause the two are different in worths (even if for the same reason) there.  That said, Georg's lack of existence most of the game loses out to Cecil always being there.
Alena (DQ4) vs Cloud Strife (FF7): Pre-Stilletto Earrings, Alena's not really that special, where as Cloud is pretty much always very good.
Ike (FE9) vs Peter (SF2): Flies and hits damn hard; Ike has some usual Lord failure aspects like "Mono Weapon", and starting the game relatively weak.

Middle:

Zidane Tribal (FF9) vs Kent (FE7): Zidane's one of your best physical damage dealers throughout the game, and in a game where Steal can actually have a consistent use.  The DL really undersells his worth.  Kent is a relatively generic FE unit.
Lexis Shaia (Lufia 2) vs Roan (G2): Kneejerk.
Meru (LoD) vs Alexia Lynn Elesius (XF): Kneejerk.
Chie Satonaka (Pers4) vs Lazlo (S4): Dunno how she is later on, but Chie was clearly the LVP by a long shot in the first parts of the game where I used her.  Slow (she was very clearly slow early game, I know she becomes fast later, low PP), not really durable...yeah.  Lazlo was always competent the entire way through.

Light:

Tim Rhymeless (WA2) vs Nina (BoF3): What the fuck is Tim doing in Light?
Guy (Lufia 2) vs Jean (BoF2): Jean butchers Spirit enemies rather well, which is enough to put him above a PC whose basically Maxim with slightly higher physical stats and no spells.
Lejes (7S) vs Sue (G1): Sue sucks, Lejes is mostly just kind of really meh.
Kain Highwind (FF4) vs Mithra (VP2): Like Cecil, I suggest from now on all FF4 PCs get distinguished between original and remake, cause they are not quite the same.  Branching from that, even Kain at his worst is better than VP2 Mages!

Roog (S5) vs Guido (G1): Guido saved my ass in the fight with the Sergeants, even if that wasn't a reason related to him, that alone makes him better.
Tony (XF) vs Adam (SF1): Adam is an underleveled PC who ends up average when caught up, when the game is already mostly done!  At least Tony serves some uses in early maps, before Excavator.
Onix (RBY) vs Samson (BtB): Onix at least isn't cursed and can do almost notable damage mid game with STAB Rock Slide.
Karla (FE7) vs Mogu (BoF1): Mogu has out of battle uses, that puts him above Karla.

FOR THE RECORD, a lot of these rankings feel skeptical.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 01:36:37 AM by Meeplelard »
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 04:00:34 PM »
Godlike:

Souji Seta (P4) vs Ramza Beoulve (FFT) - Souji is a godlike Pc but never stands out to much when you get into battle. Ramza makes the Belious/whatever fight, the hardest in the game a joke.

Heavy:

Levin Branton (XF) vs Wren (PS4) - Wren is reliable but beyond that he has nothing. Levin has game best speed and damage.
Cecil Harvey (FF4) vs Georg Prime (S5) - When Cecil promotes to Meat Tank the game cries, and by end game Cecil has silly amounts of health. Georg owns things hard and can solo most things but you don't really need it. S5 is one of the easiest games in existance.

Light:

Kain Highwind (FF4) vs Mithra (VP2) - If he was a VP1 mage I'd rank him over Kain, but this is VP2 so mages fail big time.

Roog (S5) vs Guido (G1) - Why would anyone vote Guido over Roog? Guido is bad sure, but he fills that empty forth slot and you never have to spend any money on stuff for him. Roog is one of the worst Pcs in the game that is even forced at one point with his stupid horse. Oh yeah don't forget you have to spend money buying him equipment as he comes with nothing.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 06:21:20 PM »
Heavy:

Cecil Harvey (FF4) vs Georg Prime (S5) - Mrff
Alena (DQ4) vs Cloud Strife (FF7) - See super/Snow/OK

Middle:

Meru (LoD) vs Alexia Lynn Elesius (XF) - Magic and speed break LoD/BSD Special ftw. Add stat boosters/stat up items for 9999 flavour ^_~
Chie Satonaka (Pers4) vs Lazlo (S4) Third best PC (second if not counting Souji) sure

Light:

Kain Highwind (FF4 vs Mithra (VP2)

Roog (S5) vs Guido (G1) Normally I don't base PCs on their systems (crests/materia/runes/what have you) and prefer to judge them on their unique/innate skills and what twinking does to what they already have but yeah this just feels like a case of Roog can do better with three rune slots than Guido can with his stuff >.>
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 04:24:42 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2010, 12:11:08 AM »
Godlike:

Seems like a bad pool for voting when the only one I can vote on features Brig!

Zemeckis (Brig) Vs KOS-MOS (XS1): It's been said. KOS-MOS is just more replaceable, though this isn't a bad fight. KOS has no trouble with any other Brig character but yeah, Esgares' problems help out Zemeckis a lot here.

Heavy:

Levin Branton (XF) vs Wren (PS4): They're both pretty much textbook 8's. But overall... sure, Levin probably has fewer flaws. Bwahaha at him in Godlike though.
Cecil Harvey (FF4) vs Georg Prime (S5): I... think? Also very close.
Alena (DQ4) vs Cloud Strife (FF7): Her offence is just kinda untouchable. Cloud's also good but FF7.
Ike (FE9) vs Peter (SF2): Peter's MVP because unlike Bowie you can sacrifice him (and you don't even pay a resurrection fee!), and nobody else rivals those two. Also flying. And we know the stats. Ike.. clearly loses to Oscar/Kieran and a few others due to mono swords + late promotion + non-hax mobility.

Middle:

Zidane Tribal (FF9) vs Kent (FE7): Not that either is impressive, but Kent's mobility keeps him ahead here.
Lexis Shaia (Lufia 2) vs Roan (G2): L2 is dominated by mages, G2 is dominated by girls. So yeah.
Meru (LoD) vs Alexia Lynn Elesius (XF): I... think? Meru takes a fair bit of time to really get going, would do better if not for limited LoD inventory because her attack items are good, but... even then Miranda is better.

Light:

Tim Rhymeless (WA2) vs Nina (BoF3): First Aid > Light.
Guy (Lufia 2) vs Jean (BoF2): I think the physical IPs put him ahead?
Kain Highwind (FF4) vs Mithra (VP2): Not especially close. VP2 mages suck, Kain is better in-game than in-DL.

Onix:

Roog (S5) vs Guido (G1): Roog + Gale Rune + attack rune can do kinda okay.
Tony (XF) vs Adam (SF1): ADAM DOES ONE DAMAGE TO EVERYTHING. Tony is serviceable until Excavator shows up.
Karla (FE7) vs Mogu (BoF1): Can sub in as a warm body, toss a healing item, and sub out. Karla is annoying just to even get then is laughable.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 12:58:10 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2010, 02:03:04 AM »
Knight (FF1NES) vs Sage (DQ3) - I'm reluctant to vote on this given that I never finished FF1 NES, but based on my experiences frankly I'd put even DoS Knight on par with Sage, and I saw enough of FF1 NES to see that Knight was way way better there. Maybe my Super-suggested course of turning a Fighter into a Sage was a mistake, but mine was significantly underlevelled and thus behind on learning spells and also had very low MP reserves, which meant it had to be hoarded for the really important fights. She was still a useful PC, but I'd not sure I'd even rate her above my Cleric for usefulness, and DQ3 Cleric isn't a Godlike for in-game use.

Bardiche

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010, 02:18:35 AM »
Godlike:

Knight (FF1NES) vs Sage (DQ3) - Tank VS Optional. Eh, Knight was just so much better because he bulldozed everything.

Heavy:

Cecil Harvey (FF4) vs Georg Prime (S5) - Destroyed worlds when you had him on your team. Sadly those times are few and far inbetween, but hey. Cecil's just... sorta there. I've never really felt he had much more use than just ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK.

Middle:

Zidane Tribal (FF9) vs Kent (FE7) - Rescues the Princesses and generally very useful. Zidane's just your game's thief and in Trance your big damage dealer, but sort of underwhelming when everyone damages him outside of that.
Lexis Shaia (Lufia 2) vs Roan (G2) - Golden Hammer.

Light:

Tim Rhymeless (WA2) vs Nina (BoF3) - Well, at least one found a place in my party. The other did not.
Guy (Lufia 2) vs Jean (BoF2) - Surprisingly better than someone with ID. Very hard hitter, IPs are solid.
Kain Highwind (FF4) vs Mithra (VP2) - Great Mage at start of the game. Even useful near the end, despite VP2 Mages being shit.

Karla (FE7) vs Mogu (BoF1) - Shock, yes. Karla just comes in really late and has no real purpose unless you somehow managed to get all of your Myrmidons killed. Thaaaaaaaat's pretty unlikely.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2010, 04:07:36 AM »
Godlike:

Souji Seta (P4) vs Ramza Beoulve (FFT)- Ultimately other FFT characters can come closer to Ramza than other P4 characters can come to Souji.
Medic (EO1) vs Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde (WA1PSX)- No Vote.
Knight (FF1NES) vs Sage (DQ3)- No Vote.
Zemeckis (Brig) Vs KOS-MOS (XS1)- No Esgares, no Vote.

Heavy:

Levin Branton (XF) vs Wren (PS4)- Probably the only match I really debated on.
Cecil Harvey (FF4) vs Georg Prime (S5)- Georg is hit by accessibility issues.
Ike (FE9) vs Peter (SF2)- Well, #2 FE9 characters versus #1 ShF2 character... I dunno.  Death being so trivial in ShF2 makes it feel easier somehow.  Very subjective on my part.

Middle:

Zidane Tribal (FF9) vs Kent (FE7)- Mmm.   Grand Lethal was a big part of my FFIX offense, Kent is too replaceable.
Lexis Shaia (Lufia 2) vs Roan (G2)- Both feel similar, Lexis is temp-ier.
Meru (LoD) vs Alexia Lynn Elesius (XF)- Mmm, fragile speedster.
Chie Satonaka (Pers4) vs Lazlo (S4)- I uh didn't use Chie once I had other people to use instead.  Yeaaaah.

Light:

Lejes (7S) vs Sue (G1)- no Vote.

Roog (S5) vs Guido (G1)
Tony (XF) vs Adam (SF1)- no vote.
Onix (RBY) vs Samson (BtB)- No vote
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2010, 09:49:13 PM »
Godlike:

Heavy:

Cecil Harvey (FF4) vs Georg Prime (S5)-  Yeah, Georg was great, but S5 makes it so when he's around, you never really need him anyways.
Ike (FE9) vs Peter (SF2)- Right, endgame IKe alone would win this, but Peter has a large advantage for most of the game.

Middle:

Zidane Tribal (FF9) vs Kent (FE7)- Yeah, he does look worse DL wise. Constantly good physical, which is free in a semi MP intensive game! Soul Blade isn't great, but has some niche use.

Light:

Guy (Lufia 2) vs Jean (BoF2)- Playstyle here, but Jean fit in perfectly at the end as another death slinger whose Shamans didn't overlap with Rand's.

Roog (S5) vs Guido (G1)
Tony (XF) vs Adam (SF1)
...into the nightfall.