imageRegister

Author Topic: Fast-food rankings!  (Read 18396 times)

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
Re: Fast-food rankings!
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2010, 04:06:24 PM »
Krispy Kreme: 1/10 Wishes it was Dunkin.
Panera Bread: 0/10 No.
Sonic's: N/A
White Castle: 0/10 Absolute garbage.
Subway: 0/10 Look!  Something I can make at my house with no effort at all!

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2010, 04:16:28 PM »
Krispy Kreme 6/10 good but not great
Panera Bread 6/10 good but very expensive
Sonic's: 3/10 I like the chili cheese fries, but everything else sucks and is way expensive
White Castle: never been
Subway: 5/10 Utterly bland sandwiches, but at least you can pile on the veggies and condiments, and their 5 dollar footlong deals are quite reasonable.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2010, 05:12:12 PM »
Krispy Kreme - 7/10.  If you're going to eat Donuts, then you're eating pure junk anyway.  Kreme of the Junk, as it were.
Panera Bread - What?
Sonic's: 1/10.  Their food is shit but from 2-4 they charge a reasonable price for drinks, which is enough to get them a point.
White Castle: Never been.
Subway: 2/10 - Cheapish for the mass of food they give you, but it's mostly bread and you can get that way cheaper at the grocery.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2010, 05:17:24 PM »
Krispy Kreme: 3/10. Very much sub-Dunkin for donuts.
Panera Bread: Never been.
Sonic's: 9/10. Tasty food and I love thier drink selection massively. Now if only they existed near where I live.
White Castle: Never been.
Subway: 6/10. $5 for a footlong is great, big fan of thier meatball sub and thier italian BMT. If they had horseradish, they'd go up a point, and if thier bread was reliably not-stale or overcooked they'd get another.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2010, 05:19:11 PM »
Krispy Kreme: 1/10 - Not the biggest Donut fan. Don't give a shit when the red light is on.
Panera Bread : 4/10 - Good I guess, but kinda expensive. Will go here only if someone REALLY wants to go.
Sonic's: 1/10 - Not a fan
White Castle: N/A - WANT TO GO!
Subway:  5/10 - Used to go here all the time for lunch, but Wendy's has Chili which is better for me and cheaper too!
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2010, 05:44:53 PM »
Krispy Kreme: 7/10- Fantastic once every six months or so.
Panera Bread: 6/10- Too expensive for what you get.
Subway: 7.5/10- Where I go out to eat when I have to get fast food. Tasty and I can't complain about the serving size either.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2010, 06:26:38 PM »
Krispy Kreme- Doesn't exist.
Panera Bread- Never head of them.
Sonic's- Rumor.
White Castle- Does not exist.
Subway- 7/10.  Sorta a default option, most accessible place around.  Affordable and in reasonable quantity, and decent enough food.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2010, 07:12:41 PM »
Krispy Kreme: 2/10
Panera Bread: ---
Sonic's: 8/10
White Castle: ---
Subway: 0/10. If people vote on LJS who don't like fish, I can vote on Subway. >_>
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2010, 08:00:53 PM »
Krispy Kreme: 7/10. Yay Donuts!
Panera Bread: 3/10. Meh
Sonic's: 6/10. I enjoy it
White Castle: 10/10. Perfect in every way.
Subway: 7/10. Okay. Works if there's not an actual deli nearby
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 08:03:04 PM by Hunter Sopko »

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2010, 08:13:41 PM »
1. Krispy Kreme: 3/10. Wait, seriously. Do donut places that don't sell anything but donuts really being compared to places that offer, well, things with a modicum of nutrition or pretense thereof? Well, whatever. I don't like donuts. They do have an apple-cinnamon filled thingy that is passably good.

2. Panera Bread: 9/10. Loooooove their sandwiches. I also love that I can order a "meal" of half a sandwich, half a salad, and a baguette/apple/potato chips. That satisfies my need for variety in every meal AND feeling like I'm eating real food, as opposed to when I go to other fast food and get something with a side of fries. Plus they make their own bread and I am a bread fiend. They lose a point for being relatively expensive.

3. Sonic's: 4/10. Haven't been there in ages, but I remember being nonplussed. Crispy fries, though, and nice slushies.

4. White Castle: */10. Never been. I believe the words to warn me away from it when I was last nearby were, "But I want to spend time with you in New York, not outside the bathroom door!"

5. Subway: 6/10. I eat there fairly regularly, and they scratch the sandwich itch, and they're not too expensive, but they're pretty mediocre overall. Their bread used to be the #1 reason I'd go there, but over the past 5 years it's REALLY gone downhill. Their cookies are still generally awesome, though.
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2010, 09:07:45 PM »
Krispy Kreme: 5/10-  Good donuts... they serve food?  Meh
Panera Bread- Dunno
Sonic's: 6/10 better than normal burger place...
White Castle: dunno
Subway: 10/10- Eat there 4-5 times a week probably.  Making a Chicken Teriyaki or Chicken Bacon and Ranch at home would be quite the hassle.  Preparing chicken and bacon takes much longer than it takes Subway.  As long as those 2 stay at 5 dollars Subway will stay at a 10.

(Also, I'm eating Subway right now.  WIN!)

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2010, 11:06:59 PM »
4. White Castle: */10. Never been. I believe the words to warn me away from it when I was last nearby were, "But I want to spend time with you in New York, not outside the bathroom door!"

Because people are stupid. White Castle is like alcohol. You have to know your tolerance. It's great and delicious within your limits though. I've NEVER had an experience like that at White Castle, and I ate there often. Hell, I lived next door to one in the city.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2010, 12:31:38 AM »

Because people are stupid. White Castle is like alcohol. You have to know your tolerance. It's great and delicious within your limits though. I've NEVER had an experience like that at White Castle, and I ate there often. Hell, I lived next door to one in the city.

I can't even eat one burger.  Wonder what that says about me as a drunkard...

DomaDragoon

• Lazy
  • Denizen
  • Boink.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2010, 03:32:48 PM »
Krispy Kreme: N/A
Panera Bread: N/A
Sonic's: N/A
White Castle: N/A
Subway: 5/10. Completely average subs, good condiments. Would probably be a point or two higher if the pricing that the US has was even close to what it is in Canadania.

Dunefar

• Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2010, 05:06:57 AM »
I'll be closing this in a day or two, get you votes in now!
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2010, 05:13:48 AM »
Krispy Kreme
Panera Bread
Sonic's: 7/10
White Castle: 0/10 - Only posted so I can do this.  White Castle is terrible.
Subway: 8/10

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2010, 05:36:45 AM »

One White Castle burger? You have a weak constitution. Look into an NPC class progression, PC classes are not for you.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2010, 06:54:40 AM »
Krispy Kreme: 3/10. Not cake doughnuts. They are occasionally okay, but almost every other doughnut is superior.
Panera Bread: 8/10. Very good.
Sonic's: N/A. Never had.
White Castle: N//A. Have only had frozen versions of the burgers, so I feel unfair counting them.
Subway: 6/10. Quite frequently hits a spot, is healthier, is a fairly good value. The health improvement is worth a full point over McDonald's.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2010, 11:19:04 AM »

One White Castle burger? You have a weak constitution. Look into an NPC class progression, PC classes are not for you.

But constitution was my dump stat!  Like strength, dexterity, wisdom, intelligence and charisma!

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2010, 02:49:42 PM »
Krispy Kreme: 6/10. I discussed this with a friend of my mom's from the South the other day; we were the only ones in the room who really liked Krispy Kreme, and I think it comes down to how much you like overkill on the sugar.
Panera Bread: 8/10. Good in general, but the coffee and breakfast price/portion ratio really bumps it up.
Sonic's: Abstain
White Castle: Abstain, want to try.
Subway: 5/10. Just... so average.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2010, 05:27:14 PM »
Subway: 8/10. Good as far as fast food goes. Decent food, and not coated in grease.

Bobbin Cranbud

• Denizen
    • View Profile
    • The Writing of Joshua Cole
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2010, 07:59:50 AM »
Krispy Kreme: 1/10.  Eventually (maybe?) you'll get to the donut places I actually like.  Krispy Kreme is just awful, though.

Panera Bread: Never eaten at one, though I've heard good things.

Sonic's: 7.5/10. Good hamburgers with a fairly unique style.  Entertaining theme.  But, they seem expensive for what you get.  Bonus .5 points for the sheer scope of their menu.

White Castle: I'm fairly sure I've never lived anywhere that had these, and if I've visited a part of the country that had them, it also had Steak and Shakes, so obviously I wasn't wasting my time with anything else.

Subway: 3/10.  I guess they probably have hot subs I would consider edible?  But their mainstay seems to be a type I don't like.
Read my webnovel, Eye Opener, now available on RoyalRoad.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2010, 08:04:41 AM »
Really? I never saw a Steak and Shake until I got down to Florida. They're definitely not in the NY/NJ/Conneticut area, and I never saw one in Massachusetts or Pennsylvania either...

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2010, 03:27:56 AM »
Should've voted on this sooner.  Would probably skew the averages though since Texas fast food chains seem to be remarkably different from their incarnations in the rest of the country.  A&W and Dairy Queen here are the two places that use real beef in their burgers and usually taste amazing, would be 9s or 10s from me.

Krispy Kreme - N/A
Panera Bread - N/A
Sonic's - 8/10.  Burgers and fries vary a lot.  The one a few blocks from my house has consistently great food and service, the one on my way back from work currently is terrible, gave it two chances and now never again, the others I've eaten at are somewhere in between.  Their drinks and menu variety are top notch, though.  Breakfast menu especially has been great when I've had occasion to eat under the auspices of the rise of the evil daystar.
White Castle - N/A
Subway: 8/10.  Gotta give these guys credit for what they do.  Five dolla footlongs are tasty, healthy and cheap, and it's pretty hard to mess up their preparation.  Don't really care for most of their menu, though - I wish they had more cheeses and a few different condiments. 

Bobbin Cranbud

• Denizen
    • View Profile
    • The Writing of Joshua Cole
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2010, 03:43:33 AM »
Really? I never saw a Steak and Shake until I got down to Florida. They're definitely not in the NY/NJ/Conneticut area, and I never saw one in Massachusetts or Pennsylvania either...

I believe Steak and Shake and White Castle overlap in Illinois and maybe other parts of the Midwest, which is the only area I'd have had an opportunity to try the latter (and, obviously, passed it up in favor of the former.)
Read my webnovel, Eye Opener, now available on RoyalRoad.