Register

Author Topic: Fast-food rankings!  (Read 18395 times)

Dunefar

• Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
Fast-food rankings!
« on: February 20, 2010, 06:40:42 AM »
It sounds like an awesome idea at 1 30 AM, so why not? Format's simple rate the fast food chain on a scale of 0 to 10, the higher the better. Please stick to whole numbers or .5 at most, don't get all numerically funky on me.  Rate each entry on how much you like them, it's that simple.

---

Round 1:

McDonalds
Burger King
Wendys
Hardee's/Carl Jr.
Arby's
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

Dunefar

• Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
Re: Fast-food rankings!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 06:57:31 AM »
Round 1:

McDonalds: 4/10. Not bad but not much more than that. The burgers have never been good and the fries have taken a huge step back in recent years. Breakfast used to be good but it's slid into mediocrity. On the better side, the McNuggets are a good guilty pleasure meal and they have decent milkshakes.
Burger King: 6/10. The food's very average but I have a soft spot for a couple of things. Every so often I just need to have a whopper plain with cheese. I haven't had their breakfast since college, so no idea how that's held up.
Wendys: 1/10. I loathe Wendys. I can't stand the hamburgers, the fries are uninspired greasy crap, the side items suck. I appreciate a baked potato and chili is breaking the fast food mold a bit, but they just aren't very good.
Hardee's/Carl Jr: 7/10. I'm really partial to the thickburgers every once in a blue moon. The breakfast menu is killer and the fried chicken is great. It's a shame about the fries.
Arby's: 2/10. Junky.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 07:14:51 AM »
McDonalds- 7/10. Made strides recently. Nothing will ever come close to their old fries from the early 90's. Sweet tea is great and I'll never pass up a McGriddle. Breakfast in general there is pretty decent for fast food. The Angusburgers are probably the best of the Big 3's premium burgers at the moment. Quarter Pounders are good in a pinch. Goddamn I miss the processed McNuggets though. Not the first place you look, but it's still worthwhile after all these years.

Edit: Motherfucking Snack Wraps are awesome

Burger King- 2/10. Ugh. How they've fallen. Been completely stagnant. Just... not very good. Anything more than your standard burger is a sloppy, soggy, disgusting mess. Chicken Fries are disgusting. When they changed their fries they were great, but they're not quite the same anymore. Cheesy tots are passable, but there's nothing bringing me back there anymore unless there are literally no other options.

Wendys- 6/10. Good stuff in general. I miss the Smokey Cheddarburger. That used to make it a 7/10. Premium burgers are alright. Some decent alternatives as sides. Frosties are good when you're in the mood. Probably the best all around dollar menu though. Fries aren't really that good though.

Hardee's/Carl Jr.- Don't really know them.

Arby's- 5/10. Need to be in the right mood, but I like the Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwich. General quality, but nothing stands out.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:05:24 AM by Hunter Sopko »

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 08:40:17 AM »
MacDonalds 3/10 - not partial to them.

Burger King N/A - haven't had a burger king meal in like.... years. Can't say.

Wendys 3/10 - I would put this lower, but their chicken is at least tolerable.

Carl's Jr N/A - See BK.

Arby's N/A - Never had'em.

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 04:40:28 PM »
Round 1:

McDonalds 6/10. Fine for a meal every now and then. Burgers are okay, fries have gone downhill. Breakfast menu is good but also very expensive.
Burger King 5/10. I like their burgers slightly better than McDonalds, but everything else is worse.
Wendys 7/10. Burgers suck, but I really like their chicken and the fries ain't bad either.
Hardee's/Carl Jr. There hasn't been a Hardee's near where I live for 6 years.
Arby's 5/10. Chicken is good, but way too expensive.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 05:13:00 PM »
Note that these opinions come from someone who doesn't eat hamburgers so I will be assessing the chicken-related products.

Round 1:

McDonalds- 4/10. I like their salads and their basic soft serve ice cream, chicken and fries are sub-par.
Burger King- 8/10. My fast food place of choice. Good chicken nuggets + good fries.
Wendys- 4/10. I like Frosties and the other food is okay.
Hardee's/Carl Jr.- 0/10. Groooossssssssss.
Arby's- 7/10. Better food than Burger King but costs twice as much. Boo. Curly fries are love, as are the baked potato fried things. Chicken is the best.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 05:48:39 PM »
McDonalds - 8/10. Okay, this may seem a bit high but it's what I get there that's the thing. Breakfast? Love the cinnamon melts and iced coffee. Hell, they do a better iced coffee then Starbucks. Lunch/Dinner? McDoubles are alright, chicken sandwiches are better, the fruit and yogurt parfaits are wonderful and thier sweet tea is great. Best part? All four of those items are a buck. And if I feel like spending more then that, they have the Southern Style chicken as well as the best chiken nuggets around. McDonalds has been picking up steam lately.
Burger King - 6/10. Averagish, gets a point for that zesty sauce. I mix that with ketchup and use it as a fry dip. Tasty.
Wendys - 2/10. Burgers are alright, fries are alright, gets +2 for the Spicy Chicken Sandwich. That thing is awesome. EDIT: And Wendys just dropped in points. Massively. This happened once before and it just happened again now. They added a fish sandwich to the menu...which they fry in the same fucking oil they fry everything else in. At least the two around here do. They use different frying baskets, sure. But it all goes into the same vat of oil. I'm allergic to fish, and this makes it contaminate everything they put in a frier. Even the smell of the fries is enough to make me sick. Everywhere else can seem to get the idea that different foods are fried in different friers, but that doesn't seem to occur to Wendy's. So much hate.
Hardee's/Carl Jr. 2/10. Bugers are massively overpeppered(and this is coming from me), fries are lame. Haven't been to one for breakfast, maybe that could redeem them. But just voting on what I know.
Arby's - 5/10. Have to be in a mood for it. Has it's ups and downs. Ups are just being different and having great fries, downs include the price. Average works.

EDIT: Had to change Wendy's score after this weekend.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 06:49:07 PM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 06:06:24 PM »
Hey look it's Zenny he's going to mostly bitch about prices.

Round 1:

McDonalds - 3/10.  Dollar menu is nice but I always feel nauseated after eating there. EDIT: Forgot that they're trying to pawn their coffee off on us now.  Only one store here has been doing it and it's not the one on my way to work so I've never bothered.  <condescending nazi>Once could see how that would be a good profession for them</nazi>.
Burger King - 5/10.  More akin to Carl's Jr. than McD's to me.  Don't go there often because the price is not worth the quality of food.
Wendys - 6/10.  Dollar menu, hold the queasy.  Spicy chicken sandwiches are good.
Hardee's/Carl Jr. - 5/10.  Used to be my favorite until I had to start paying for my own food and then it went downhill.  Cheaper than Burger King at least but I could get something else/better for a similar price around here.
Arby's - 2/10. How do you ruin roast beef and cheese and bread?  I always want to ask that when I go in.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 06:08:17 PM by Makkotah »

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 06:09:04 PM »
Arby's - 2/10. How do you ruin roast beef and cheese and bread?  I always want to ask that when I go in.

They ruin it with whatever the hell that cheese-like sauce they use is. Jenna may love it, but I refuse to believe that sludge is real cheese.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 06:10:38 PM »

They ruin it with whatever the hell that cheese-like sauce they use is. Jenna may love it, but I refuse to believe that sludge is real cheese.

I think it's a low(er)-quality Velveeta type thing.  All petroleum byproduct that tastes like cheese.

Taishyr

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 06:11:55 PM »
McDonalds: 5/10. Aggressively mediocre.
Burger King: 3/10. The one near here, I avoid on principle. Tends to be pretty bad.
Wendys: 6/10. See Zenny.
Hardee's/Carl Jr.: NA.
Arby's: 0/10. Epic failure.

DomaDragoon

• Lazy
  • Denizen
  • Boink.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 08:25:11 PM »
McDonalds : 7/10. Agreeing with Zenny that excessive hamburger eating is very much bad for the stomach, but they've got the best fries of the Big Three and their chicken wraps/nuggets are excellent.
Burger King: 7/10. Best burgers of the Big Three, worst chicken. Pricing is higher than the other two, but larger sizes.
Wendys: 7/10. Frostys! Best chicken burgers, worst fries. Sizes of everything is way too small for my liking.
Hardee's/Carl Jr. : Never eaten there, I don't think we have any in Canadania.
Arby's : Never eaten there, though we do have them in Canadania.

Dunefar

• Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 09:45:43 PM »
As far as write-ins go, don't worry about them. I'll get to Jack in the box and other groups in later rounds. I chose to keep the number of entries to 5, not attempt to nail every fast food place in one go.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 03:15:38 AM »
McDonalds- 3/10.  Once in  a great while, I will have a hankering for a quarter pounder or big mac.  They never live up to my memory.  Oversalted and overgreased, just... doesn't have the other good flavors come through like they should.
(McDonald's breakfast is closer to an 8/10, good shit, but I am not up that early.)
Burger King- 6/10.  Alright.  they vary a lot depending on if you get fresh stuff or things that've been on the warmer a while, mostly.
Wendys- 5/10.  I go to wendy's from time to time, but out of convenience.  Decent but not exceptional, and I doubt I'd go there if it was out of my way.
Hardee's/Carl Jr.- Does not exist.
Arby's- 9/10.  Screw you guys, Beef'n'Cheddar is the height of human achievement.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Taishyr

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 03:29:13 AM »
The beef may be good, but liquid cheese that isn't melted cheddar (i.e., grilled cheese) is an abomination in the eyes of me.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 08:07:02 AM »
McDonald's: 6/10, a bit above the average, as defined by the non-American school system grading style. Fries are the best of the listed places by far. Burgers aren't bad and I will admit cravings for them and actually liking them, but they don't actually have that much going for them. Also feels vaguely like one of the unhealthier locations, which says something. Not actually that fond of their breakfast options. Find most of them too dry, and the Sasuge Breakfast Burritos will be fatal shortly. Hash browns are nifty though.

Burger King: 2/10. I dunno if they've changed or my tastes have changed, but I really haven't liked Burger King in recent memory. Might do to give it a try to confirm? But yeah, burgers have felt limp and kinda cold. Messy, and not in the cool, filled with delicious manner of In-n-Out, but more a generalized sloppy mess. Fries are eh.

Wendy's: 7/10. I dun get what the problem you all have with it is. Burgers are good, square patties taste better. A bit messy, but the taste and "fresh" feeling make up for it. Fries are actually acceptable with ketchup and, while I don't use the option, they gain some credit for having a variety of side options to choose from.  Feels healthier then the above two.

Hardee's/Carl's Jr.: 7/10. Yummy, with surprisingly crisp vegtables on their burgers, which I consider a major plus. Can't really recall the fries, but want to say they were better than all the others except McDonalds.

Arby's: N/A. Never been.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 08:19:27 AM »
McDonalds: 8/10 stuff I generally eat is good.  Has the bes fries and nuggets.
Burger King: 0/10 Awful, awful, awful.  Burger buns always have sesame seeds, ketchup and mustard are bad, cheese is bad, pickles are fucking awful, meat always tastes charred somehow.  Fries are like a soaked potato but less healthy.  The only decent thing is drink size.
Wendys: 3/10 square patties are annoying as well.  Burgers are always drippy and I never ever can get one without mayo.  Fries are forgettable.
Hardee's/Carl Jr. NA.
Arby's: 5/10 I actually like the drippy cheese sludge.  Combined with enough sauce it's not half bad.  Curly fries are pretty decent too, if a bit too soaky  most of the time.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 01:03:53 PM »
McDonalds: 3/10. Nothing good there except the McChicken Sandwiches, but those actually aren't bad.
Burger King: Can we give negative scores? Go with 0/10. >_> Vile, vile things. Poor excuse for food.

Don't know the rest.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 04:32:53 PM »
  Burger buns always have sesame seeds

square patties are annoying as well

I'm all for bitching about fast food, but you're doing it wrong.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 05:54:41 PM »
I try to stay away from fast food as much as I can...

McDonalds - 0/10 I avoid this place like the plague.

Burger King - 5/10 I used to love the BK Lounge, but now I'd rather go to...

Wendys - 8/10 Love Wendy's! The Chilli is awesome and cheep and the dollar chicken sandhwices are the tits! Also, it's walking distance from my job, well so is McDonalds, but...

Hardee's/Carl Jr. 3/10 - Expensive? I don't remember, all I can remember is that this place did not mesh well with my stomach.

Arby's 0/10 - good place until I got food poisoning from them.

"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 06:21:35 PM »
McDonald's: 5/10
I like their Southwest Chicken sammich (sans pickles) and a decently seasoned quarter pounder with cheese is great, but I could leave all the rest. Every store I've been to has a greasy feel to the air, and I'm just downright -uncomfortable- eating there. That's not even to go on and mention how gross I feel after I've actually consumed the food. Exception is their sundaes, which rock, and their milkshakes which are drinkable after they spend an hour or two in my freezer.

Burger King: 2/10
Haven't been in a while, but that's mainly because they suck. I didn't mind the taste of their Angus burgers when they first came out, but they were soggy and messy and generally unpleasant to eat. Fries suck and always have. Their chicken fries were always dry and lacked texture. They get points for maining Dr Pepper in their stores and their "edgy" advertising, but that's it. And the King gives me nightmares.

Wendy's: 7/10
Frosty! They lose points on this one for inventing Frosty "flavors" and Frosty McFlurries. BOO ON THEM. I order the same thing when I go -- chicken nuggets meal with a chili side, followed by a Frosty -- and though it's laughable to call their chili anything other than "leftover patties ground up into beans and broth," I still appreciate that I can actually have that combination at a restaurant and not get stuck with french fries and it doesn't taste bad.

Hardee's/Carl's Jr: 8/10
Western Bacon Cheeseburger? Hello? This is hands down my favorite burger option at any restaurant. Aside from the fact that I love barbecue sauce on burgers, I love bacon, and I love onion rings, this burger wins simply because I don't have to custom order it. Everywhere else I go, there is always SOMETHING on the burger that I just don't want -- I tend to order things "plain" or just without sauce/tomatoes (aside: jesus, how do they still get away with calling those limp, vile, squishy red circles "tomatoes" at fast food places?) -- but this one is perfectly designed to be what it is, and not just another meat patty with a salad on top.

Plus, criss-cut fries.

Arby's: 3/10
I haven't been in a looooong while as there aren't any near me, but I recall liking the au jus they offered with their plain roast beef sammiches. My uncle loved their stuff and would always come home with a bag full of roast beef sammiches with cheese, and then the one extra for me to nom, so it mainly gets nostalgia points and the benefit of misty watercolored memories.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 06:24:32 PM by Lady Door »
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 09:51:41 PM »

I hate sesame seeds.  They always get stuck in all my teeth gaps.

Square patties make me uneasy.  I can't stand the way they jut out like that.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2010, 10:00:00 PM »

You're so OC Delightful.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 01:05:35 AM »

You're so OC Delightful.

Fries cannot touch burgers!

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 03:11:02 AM »
McDonalds- 3/10.  Once in  a great while, I will have a hankering for a quarter pounder or big mac.  They never live up to my memory.  Oversalted and overgreased, just... doesn't have the other good flavors come through like they should.
(McDonald's breakfast is closer to an 8/10, good shit, but I am not up that early.)
Burger King- 6/10.  Alright.  they vary a lot depending on if you get fresh stuff or things that've been on the warmer a while, mostly.
Wendys- 7/10.  I like bacon and I like spicy chicken. Baked potatoes with fast food are delightful.
Hardee's/Carl Jr.- Does not exist.
Arby's- 9/10.  Screw you guys, Beef'n'Cheddar is the height of human achievement.

Changed one thing.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.