Author Topic: Tourney of Interest: Season 11, Week 1  (Read 2308 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Tourney of Interest: Season 11, Week 1
« on: March 01, 2010, 05:26:55 AM »
Godlike

Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Sir Leopold (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Guv (Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King)
Arceus (Pokémon) v Violetta (Grandia III)

Heavy

Zaalbar (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Suicune (Pokémon)
Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)
Roddick Farrence (Star Ocean: First Departure) v Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II)
Sue (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Tidus (Final Fantasy X)

Middle

Trainer Y (Final Fantasy X-2) v Bob (Suikoden II)
Odie (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) v Blanca (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)
Bianca (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) v Bowie (Shining Force II)
Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) v Vormav Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Light

Volug (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII)
Mightyena (Pokémon) v Celine Jules (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Raspberyl (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) v Aeris Gainsborough (Final Fantasy VII)
Gordin (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon) v Nanami (Valkyrie Profile)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Re: Tourney of Interest: Season 11, Week 1
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 05:53:32 AM »
Godlike

Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Sir Leopold (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - Seems close. Sir Leopold might be able to one-shot her, but I think she tanks a hit and OHKOs in return.
Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - Want. To. Play. Oz. RPG.
Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Guv (Dragon Quest 8) - Kneejerking that Guv survives long enough to get Call Team out and that should handle the FE broken.
Arceus (Pokémon) v Violetta (Grandia III) - Just... too many turns, and Arceus can't null everything she does. Need to look at it more closely, but kneejerk is that her speed overcomes any real problems.

Heavy

Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - The paralysis is probably enough? If you don't allow that... then Wyl attacks round 1, then uses Vali's Awakening round 2, Hrist tinks and doesn't have a Soul Crush yet. Wyl finishes the job.
Roddick Farrence (Star Ocean: First Departure) v Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) - Does Roddick get ID immunity?
Sue (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Tidus (Final Fantasy X) - See Random.

Middle

Trainer Y (Final Fantasy X-2) v Bob (Suikoden II) - Dunno, but amusing.
Odie (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) v Blanca (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - Was this purposeful? Well, Odie probably 2HKOs normally? But Blanca's not great on HP, and Odie has an advantagous match-up specifically against wolves... >>;; He does 133% damage, and takes 55% of damage from Blanca. He shouldn't have any trouble surviving to see the second turn, and might even OHKO.
Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) v Vormav Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Spoils a lot of Estelle's game, I'm thinking. He's immune to ID, so she can't cheese him with FS pressure. I allow him the Lucavi form-chain, so he's pretty durable, which counters Estelle's own notable durability. Her healing is faster than previous Tales healers, but it's not Raven/Karol fast, so if she goes that route, she probably gets outsped too often. She can opt to immune magic, but then she can't heal or buff herself. Long match is long. She might get an Overlimit?! Leaning Vormav, though it's close. Estelle is a good Middle.

Light

Volug (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII) - No one is as bad as Laguna.
Mightyena (Pokémon) v Celine Jules (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - lol SO2 mage.
Raspberyl (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) v Aeris Gainsborough (Final Fantasy VII) - Want. To. Play. Disgaea 3.
Gordin (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon) v Nanami (Valkyrie Profile) - Surprisingly close fight, despite a VP1 mage being involved. Think counters -just- let him finish her off before she gets another (non-WaitReaction) turn.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 06:04:39 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 05:56:38 AM »
Zaalbar (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Suicune (Pokémon) - Hmmm... okay, Zaalbar gets three hits in per turn and kills in three turns without crits, Suicune kills in four and can double its speed in Gen4.  So!  Assuming Zaalbar has no trouble hitting (he doesn't to me, sliiiigtly below average hit with Flurry but still) he should get at least one crit in, which should tilt things in his favor here.
Roddick Farrence (Star Ocean: First Departure) v Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) - Unless I'm forgetting some important piece of equipment Ratix had in SO1o.

Sue (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Tidus (Final Fantasy X) - Not voting on this but pure evadable fighter vs Mr. Evade and Counter what the fuck is this I don't even

Mightyena (Pokémon) v Celine Jules (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - Not thinking about this.  NOT THINKING OKAY.
Gordin (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon) v Nanami (Valkyrie Profile) - ...ha.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 06:01:11 AM »
Godlike

Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Sir Leopold (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)- I think he survives two Garm turns, but open for arguments here.

Heavy

Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)- While Hrist is far, far better in the DL, this fight comes down to entirely who goes first. Abstain for now.

Middle

Odie (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) v Blanca (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)- I'll bite.
Bianca (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) v Bowie (Shining Force II)- Don't think Bowie OHKOs.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 02:52:15 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 06:25:30 AM »
Odie (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) v Blanca (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - Was this purposeful?

?

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 06:35:17 AM »
Just that Odie's match-ups specifically include wolf-type characters.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 07:27:11 AM »
Godlike

Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Sir Leopold (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King): Don't see Garm being one-rounded here, so she gets 3 turns in (goes first + counter), and that is pretty fatal.
Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Guv (Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King): Guv is slow so Nailah just one-rounds him in her sleep. Savage is rape and she gets it turn 1 easy.
Arceus (Pokémon) v Violetta (Grandia III): Erebos just wins it, I think?

Heavy

Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria): Did VPDS even have a stone blocker? If not, slaughter. If so... they are pretty similar. Need to figure out if Wyl is above average or below average initiative. Hmm, mages have 6 range, Wyl has 5, archers have 7, lancers have 5, greatswords have 4, specials have 6... yeah, more above Wyl than below, so he goes second and Hrist should win. I think. EDIT: Djinn, VP2 has a paralysis blocker, and Vali doesn't make things tink or come especially close even.
Sue (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Tidus (Final Fantasy X): Forgot E&C? Tidus Cheer -> Blitz Ace OHKO using a passive overdrive.

Light

Volug (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII): Volug grasses, Laguna takes a shot, doubles, and doesn't come anywhere near killing, Volug eats Laguna's face.
Mightyena (Pokémon) v Celine Jules (Star Ocean: The Second Story): Oh god. Think Mightyena wasn't -that- bad. Need dog vs. dog.
Gordin (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon) v Nanami (Valkyrie Profile): Gordin is pretty bad, but not "loses to VP mage" bad.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:29:34 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 10:55:04 AM »
Volug (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII) - Man. I have low Volug respect, high FF8 damage respect and Volug still destroys this match. Laguna fails to kill with a Limit, and that's all that matters.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 11:07:39 AM »
Godlike

Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Sir Leopold (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): Is this just an attempt to pick the best possible counter to Oz? I mean, MT overkill and lost progress...
Arceus (Pokémon) v Violetta (Grandia III): Rock plate gives resistance to physicals, fire,and flying (wind). This is everything Violetta has - it even affects her ID. Arceus 3HKOs and I'm pretty sure this gives him the time to get 3 turns.

Heavy

Zaalbar (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Suicune (Pokémon): Gen 3 Sui just isn't up to this.
Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)

Middle

Odie (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) v Blanca (Shadow Hearts: Covenant): Odie OHKOs AND takes 2 average spells if generics are factored in. More of a heavy; this is brutal.

Light

Raspberyl (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) v Aeris Gainsborough (Final Fantasy VII)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 11:10:48 AM by Monkeyfinger »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 02:01:24 PM »
Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Sir Leopold (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King): Don't see Garm being one-rounded here, so she gets 3 turns in (goes first + counter), and that is pretty fatal.

Ice breath is MT and gets around the counters, though Garm going first does probably make it her fight.

Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria): Did VPDS even have a stone blocker? If not, slaughter. If so... they are pretty similar. Need to figure out if Wyl is above average or below average initiative. Hmm, mages have 6 range, Wyl has 5, archers have 7, lancers have 5, greatswords have 4, specials have 6... yeah, more above Wyl than below, so he goes second and Hrist should win. I think. EDIT: Djinn, VP2 has a paralysis blocker, and Vali doesn't make things tink or come especially close even.

Status doesn't matter if you allow the plumes, Wyl's got a physical immunity plume skill. That said, still chewing on the match myself.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 02:59:20 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 02:58:13 PM »
Ice Breath... works, yes, if he doubles it with the turn-wasting Intimidating Scream. But Leo needs to toss a physical in there to win a slugfest and as soon as he does there are counters happening.

EDIT: Unless of course you see two Ice Breaths + physical killing. Not unreasonable but I don't see Garm as quite that frail myself.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 03:07:34 PM »
Godlike

Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Guv (Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King) Makes a Call Team with a bunch of fire magic users.

Heavy

Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) I allow plume skills.

Middle

Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) v Vormav Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Light

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 08:17:19 PM »
Forgot E&C?
Yup.  I wonder if the match was as close as it sounded in my head with the, uh, doesn't have E&C condition I accidentally applied.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 08:23:23 PM »
Godlike

Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Sir Leopold (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - Yeah, Jenova Meido gets to cruise a bit. Leo needed to one-round, and I give Garm the benefit of doubt on having PC HP.
Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - God, this is horrible spoiling. Lady gets to mangle the hands really fast on both forms and Ultimate Magic gets to eat Lost Progress lulz. Oz sorta can't handle it.

Heavy

Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - mrf. I think even Vali-only Wyl manages to win this fight. And VPDS DOES have a Stone blocker.
Roddick Farrence (Star Ocean: First Departure) v Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) - Goes first, 2HKOs and stuff.
Sue (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Tidus (Final Fantasy X) - Um why was this even put up as a match? Tidus Cheers his way until an Overdrive and lols. EDIT: *Bonks CK in the head. >_>*

Middle

Bianca (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) v Bowie (Shining Force II) - Bianca gets two shots at putting Bowie to sleep, which is game. She doesn't 2HKO, but is so much faster than Bowie - and retains solidly above him even after the first turn - that it doesn't matter much. Bowie would need a OHKO here to have a shot.

Light

Mightyena (Pokémon) v Celine Jules (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - SWAGGER HYPE YESIU.JPG. The sad part is Celine apparently doesn't even have anything that walls Dark damage, which I'm guessing was the point of the match for CK. Should've picked Leon for that.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 09:42:26 PM »
Godlike

Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Sir Leopold (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - Leopold's kind of crappy in Godlike.
Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Guv (Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King) - Call Team I guess.
Arceus (Pokémon) v Violetta (Grandia III) - I think.

Heavy

Zaalbar (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Suicune (Pokémon)
Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - uh

Middle

Trainer Y (Final Fantasy X-2) v Bob (Suikoden II)
Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) v Vormav Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Uh, Djinn, Vormav doesn't have a formchain.  The Lucavi battle is completely separate.

Light

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 12:08:20 AM »
Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) v Vormav Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Uh, Djinn, Vormav doesn't have a formchain.  The Lucavi battle is completely separate.

*shrugs* Right, I was thinking of Wiegraf. >.>;; Whatever, Vormav = Hashmal = Vormav, and he probably prefers Hashmal form here? I guess it depends on if Estelle can immune his status with her magic-nulling skill.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 07:22:59 AM »
Godlike

Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Sir Leopold (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)- Yeah, haven't worked out where exactly I see Garm's HP, but I can't imagine it's anywhere near bad enough for this given that she at least has some method of anti rushing in game.

Heavy

Middle

Trainer Y (Final Fantasy X-2) v Bob (Suikoden II)- Don't care to look up Trainer Y on dialup.
Odie (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) v Blanca (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)- Look this up later too. Grr, dialup. Odie obviously smashes before considering typage.
...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2010, 11:20:01 PM »
Bump.  Might hold off until tomorrow to close, I have a decent chance of getting up to Oz by then if I don't tonight.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 11:38:30 PM »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 11:45:04 PM »
Godlike

Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Sir Leopold (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King): Definitely see smashing happening here. If you see Garm with counters then the appropriate way of scaling her is being whacked by 4 full-party beatdowns every turn complete with buffing if you see it helping. Garm, like most FE bosses, is much better WITHOUT counters, since it pretty much quadruples her durability.
Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): I think this is closer than people give it credit. Oz is fastish and he DOES do damage. Not to mention Lady blowing her stock on form 1 means she is on empty for 2, which is bad news.
Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Guv (Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King): I'm not really sure here. I doubt anything has noteworth fire magic to make Nailah fear them. Maybe that Golem attack or Stream Killer thing where they auto-crit for massive damage? I don't know. Will vote Guv for now.

Heavy

Zaalbar (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Suicune (Pokémon): Zaalbar? The... wookie?
Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria): Something sufficiently nasty.
Roddick Farrence (Star Ocean: First Departure) v Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II): Boomsticks.
Sue (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Tidus (Final Fantasy X): Man...

Middle

Bianca (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) v Bowie (Shining Force II): Oh god hype for the horrid status. Yuck. Whatever. I'll just buy it and move on.
Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) v Vormav Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics): Her damage is bad but not voting on the Zodiac form's durability and Estelle's own durability is good and equipment shenanigans.

Light

Volug (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII): I... guess?

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 01:12:47 AM »
Godlike

Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Sir Leopold (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King): Too much offense for Leopold.
Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): Oz does damage, really?  He was struggling to one turn Dorothy and Strawman in my game, unless he had his ultra buff of.  Also, I have little respect for his durability, he just seems that way cause he's gimping your offense in whatever which way, but the actual amount of damage he can take is really not that great.
Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Guv (Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King): Yeah, I'll buy that Nailah can tank out Call Team.  Laguz Royals are ridiculous.
Arceus (Pokémon) v Violetta (Grandia III): Kneejerk.

Heavy

Zaalbar (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Suicune (Pokémon): Can't vote.
Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria): I might allow Wylfred Gleipnir's bond and...whatever the other Chap 2 Plume skill was, in addition to Vali's Awakening, cause you have to get those if you want to see the full C Ending story.  That said, Lockswell's ability is useless on a fighter, and Paralysis checks exist, so Hrist just immunes Gleipnir's Bond.
Roddick Farrence (Star Ocean: First Departure) v Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II): Goes first, 2HKOs at worst, is not OHKOed.
Sue (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Tidus (Final Fantasy X): Yeah, forgetting E+C was a big deal in this fight <_<

Middle

Trainer Y (Final Fantasy X-2) v Bob (Suikoden II): Not confident on voting for FFX-2 *OR* Bob, too lazy to stat topic, so abstain.
Odie (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) v Blanca (Shadow Hearts: Covenant): Can't vote.
Bianca (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) v Bowie (Shining Force II): Faster, I think, which is key to who wins this.
Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) v Vormav Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics): Breaks her equipment, which kind of kills her tanking worth.

Light

Volug (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII): If nothing else, Volug has Counters and that will let him win this.
Mightyena (Pokémon) v Celine Jules (Star Ocean: The Second Story): Mightyena's damage isn't as bad as you'd think.
Raspberyl (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) v Aeris Gainsborough (Final Fantasy VII): Can't vote.
Gordin (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon) v Nanami (Valkyrie Profile): I think I respect a VP Mage over a Fire Emblem scrub.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2010, 01:53:07 AM »
Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) v Vormav Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics): Breaks her equipment, which kind of kills her tanking worth.

Estelle is still above average without armor with Defend Conversion factored in.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010, 08:38:09 PM »
Godlike

Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Guv (Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King)

Heavy

Zaalbar (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Suicune (Pokémon)- Kneejerk.
Roddick Farrence (Star Ocean: First Departure) v Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II)- Damn, I keep remembering SO1r damage as higher than it was.  Or maybe HP lower than it is.  One of the two.
Sue (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Tidus (Final Fantasy X)- Arghle.

Middle

Trainer Y (Final Fantasy X-2) v Bob (Suikoden II)- Hmmm.  Yeah, probably.

Light

Gordin (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon) v Nanami (Valkyrie Profile)- I suppose.