Author Topic: A memes to an end(Meme Mafia: Game Over)  (Read 117800 times)

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: You know what I meme, Vern?(Meme Mafia, Day 4)
« Reply #525 on: March 13, 2010, 05:07:56 PM »
I'm fully aware that everyone wants to be funny in this game, but when you start stealing my jokes, it's over the line. I don't expect this to happen again, but consider it a warning. You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Totally deserved.

On 2g1c/Xbox... Hmm. There's definitely something suspicious there, but it's very minor. A slip of the tongue, maybe, but he's also defended it decently. Enough to tip him over the edge? Probably.

Xbox Ninja: Well, either way, she's not been announced as L-1 now. That's enough for me to assume it's true, but I'd still be happy to see a vote for her... a little later in the day. And don't think we really need to worry about quick-lynching now, since it'd pretty much be the end of the line for scum if they did.
Oh yeah, and that votecount's right, by my count - I checked earlier for my post where I put Shikiana at 4 votes, and nothing's changed since. Even Combo has his limits, I guess.

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 13, 2010, 05:16:28 PM »
don't think we really need to worry about quick-lynching now, since it'd pretty much be the end of the line for scum if they did.
For most people I agree, but assuming scum AyB and town Shiki, AyB might consider themselves to be in a bad enough position to do it. As far as I can see it costs us nothing to have AyB be the fifth vote, so if it avoids one possible bad scenario then why not.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 13, 2010, 05:17:35 PM »
That is an official votecount, Combo just wanted to make another joke, which he ran past me and I allowed. <_<
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 13, 2010, 07:13:59 PM »
* Rick Astley yawns

Tired, low on time. Gonna be brief, and will try to be coherent. (Also, if I'm wrong about something, please point it out. I would much rather not have false information lying around)

Much as I hate to admit it, I'm gonna have to call myself (2g1c claim stuff) and Xbox out for forcing WIFOM into situations where it is definitely not needed. Some stuff is just a little too ridiculous. (And this is why they say hindsight is 20/20)

Also going to quickly cover, for the Box's benefit, that a busdriver picks Person A, and then Person A's night actions are delivered to a random player instead of whoever they targeted. A Hijacker would be someone that switches Person A and Person B for the purposes of night actions. Important distinction, unfortunately not something we can determine as of yet, though I think it's decently safe to say Hijacker based on Combo/Dog switch?

As for AYB clearing Rick and I, that's definitely not where you should be gleaning it from. I know where I was coming from there, and even I'd say it's a null tell at absolute best. If you want to clear us so bad, then try using some of Rick's posts. ('cause god knows mine are crap) Also gonna throw out that you softclaim cases, far as I can tell. I know that for today, at least, a lot of your cases have been with a backhanded "but this is why they could be town."  (IE: You attacked us earlier in the day, if I'm remembering correctly, but didn't place a vote to bring us closer to lynch, and you brought out the backhanded escape route) Very easy way to look like you're being solid on a case, but not look bad if they, say, turn up town.

Missed your 3 vs 4 scum thing on my initial read, too. That's just bad. Really, really bad. If it were a town busdriver/hijacker, then they would have almost definitively claimed by now (though I do not, in any way, believe there is one anyway). We know there has to be at least 4 scum, and the only other possibility is 5, which would ruin most theories produced as of this day.

Gonna throw it out there that somebody without a night action might have been hijacked N1, or that person might have been on the kill, or who knows. Unfortunately, not enough information to grab anything from that, though yes, it is possible that Rick and I are secretly bus-driving, mason-recruiting scum.

Re-iterating that XBox is almost definitely not the busdriver/hijacker.

Confused about Shiki rabidly clawing at people for stuff that isn't true. Probably trying too hard to build a defense, thus flailing. Hell if I know. Hopefully this'll change soon, and we can have some scum-hunting from her. Having her claimed half of her role be true, however, does absolutely nothing for my opinion of her, as she clings desperately onto what the other half is despite being on the chopping block. Also confused about her not saying much about AYB and XBox and me, despite being the only other ones really on the chopping block, but (probably) dying scum, so WIFOM, blah blah yadda yadda.

Gonna get this out now, as it's turned out a lot longer than I expected. Again, if anything is wrong, please tell me ASAP so we can get any false information off the board ASAP. Peace out.

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 13, 2010, 07:24:47 PM »

Phew, that's the major project down. Still have a couple of minor projects throughout the day, but at least the bulk of the work is done.

Shana claims the "convenience" of my claims is the reason she votes me, to which I must ask why she did not acknowledge my Bel Air report in her opening post today. I can kinda sorta maybe excuse not immediately declaring it bunk, but not commenting about it at all? The report had been there to read for a while, and if you had time to ask for Demote's clarification, surely you had time to comment on the report.

The girls' find on the Box is interesting but I don't know how much stock I'd put in that theory. I'll admit I sorta assumed scum knew the girls' role, since a rolecop that gives just role names in a game like this is pretty useless (Zerg Rush flipping Skindancer is a pretty good example). Might be a slip, I guess, but I don't think I'd use it as a point against him in any capacity other than a tie-breaker.

Ninja'd by Mr. Astley. There's not much there for me to address, though the scum count theorizing reminds me of something I lightly pondered while working in the shop. We have a proven second killing ability in Cake. Now, as stupid as accepting a Cake gift would be at this point, it's still technically possible for there to be two deaths tonight, which means we could go into tomorrow with six players still alive. If there are three scum, wouldn't that make today potential LYLO, of which there has been no mention made? Yes, bastard moddery, but come on now.

Might as well ask the man, just to be sure. Gate, ignoring the possibility of modkills for blatant rule-breaking, is it mathematically possible for scum to win tonight?

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 13, 2010, 07:36:50 PM »
Also going to quickly cover, for the Box's benefit, that a busdriver picks Person A, and then Person A's night actions are delivered to a random player instead of whoever they targeted. A Hijacker would be someone that switches Person A and Person B for the purposes of night actions. Important distinction
Important distinction, yes, but isn't it the other way around from that?
If it's the other one, they would've been targeting Cake. Meaning they would have to be Touhou (still assuming for the moment that demotivate can't be lying, still waiting on 2g1c arrgh to be sure). And would've had to target demotivate last night. Gah, I was sure this was easy to rule out, but I'm not immediately seeing it. Will think more.
Touhou ninja. Mod is bastard but will still tell us whether it's LYLO? Shrug.

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 13, 2010, 07:41:18 PM »
Not really around but will quick respond: I withdraw my pressure there with apologies as I forgot I had been pretty much deadset convinced that scum knew my role earlier (as shown by the comment you fished up). Thus that comment's kinda worthless. Also, Demotivate cannot be cleared by my role via your logic, which, yes, means I have no night action to take. Now, he's kinda generally clear to me anyway due to knowing TouhouandonlyTouhou targeted !cake N2, at least to me, but it's not 100% sure, no.

This is why I shouldn't sign up for mafia when I'm really not up for it. Regardless, still content with where my vote is.

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 14, 2010, 05:06:03 AM »
don't think we really need to worry about quick-lynching now, since it'd pretty much be the end of the line for scum if they did.
For most people I agree, but assuming scum AyB and town Shiki, AyB might consider themselves to be in a bad enough position to do it. As far as I can see it costs us nothing to have AyB be the fifth vote, so if it avoids one possible bad scenario then why not.
Going to read and do a full post in a bit, just got back, but I am perfectly fine with doing this: is town alright with me bringing ShikiShana to L-0 within the next 3 hours?

I will post reasons as to why my opinion on her has changed, the only difference is whether that post will have a vote or not (since I'd like to avoid accidental ninjahammers or nonsense like that).

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 14, 2010, 10:15:01 AM »
Gah. 2g1c's info puts the possibility of Shiki/AyB being both town back on the table. Which would make me more uncomfortable if I didn't find them both worse-looking than either Rick or Touhou; but the take-home point is don't just go by my earlier logic to place a vote on either; we're back to good old-fashioned scumhunting.

How much of the earlier logic can be salvaged? Unless I've missed anything, the only possible scumteams are:
Touhou/Demote, in either combination
Touhou/Bel-Air as hijacker/killer
Shana/[any of me, AyB, Rick] as busdriver/killer
AyB/[any of me, Shana, Rick] as busdriver/killer
I haven't thought this through as carefully as I'd like, so please do recheck my logic.

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 14, 2010, 10:18:03 AM »
And indeed there was a flaw. Touhou/any of me, ayb, shana or rick is possible as hijacker/killer.

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 14, 2010, 01:38:12 PM »
bleh I haven't slept properly in hours

Quick question. If we aren't getting anything definite from reading into roles and setup, what's wrong with just plain scumhunting? Shana's accusation on Touhou is so insane and tangential it feels almost like it's TRYING to convince us that she's just a moronic Townie. It's totally out of character compared to the rest of her posts, too.

Consider Xbox - he spends a while saying 'let's lynch Shana and see what happens!' and now he's reading into meta and saying 'hmm, maybe Shana/AYB are both Town atfter all'. Where exactly did the concept of just finding scum go? Do we need every scum kill spelt out by an NK or a Cassandra?

Perfectly happy with a Shana lynch today, honestly. Hasn't produced anything worthwhile, worst Touhou case ever and so on.

That said, I'd like the New Hotness to get a chance to roleclaim before someone drops the hammer. Can't be too safe in setups like these.

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 14, 2010, 02:34:14 PM »
Yeah, I think today's pretty much set. Shikiana's total flip from low-but-good content to pure meta is so scummy, she must be tow- *shot* Yeah, I've hated that argument every other time it's been used too.
The Xbox is probably still top of my list otherwise, with Rick/AYB falling closely behind. Xbox's logic has been a little shaky all game, and a lot of his content today has been summarising setup.
'Course, this is all subject to re-read when I haven't only just woken up. Can't see it changing much, though, considering my last read through.

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 14, 2010, 03:10:04 PM »
I am half-bulletproof, and half the time when people try to kill me at night, I won't die.

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 14, 2010, 03:15:39 PM »
Aside from the as-legitimate-as-assuming-there-are-4-scum meta case on Touhou, I would mostly be eyeing xBoX and AYB presently for the nature of their responses today (heck xbox seemed to pretty much ignore this, that was kinda weird). I'm not really sorry about leaving the game for various reasons, but I do regret not fishing through Touhou's stuff to find a method to lynch him in a palatable way.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 14, 2010, 05:38:29 PM »
Votecount
Rick Astley (1): The Cake is a Lie, Touhou Hijacker, Demotivator, O R'LYEH?!
HUEG LIKE XBOX (1): Demotivator, All Your Base
All Your Base (2): Demotivator, Rick Astley, XBOX
ShikiShana (4): , Touhou Hijacker, Cake, 2g1c, Demotivator
Touhou Hijacker (1): ShikiShana

...so, nothing's changed from last time!

With 9 Memes alive, it takes 5 spam mails to give someone a virus!

ShikiShana is at 4 votes!

There are roughly 27 hours remaining in day 4.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 08:28:20 PM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> no not really.

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: March 14, 2010, 06:00:26 PM »
Posting from my phone so haven't read anything new yet;; something that's been worrying at me all day has finally made its way to the surface. Shiki's phrasing of her ability makes little sense for town;; not "I can still be killed at 3-man", but "I can still be defeated".
Home in a couple of hours.

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 14, 2010, 06:36:49 PM »
On briefly, some thoughts:

First off, my vote here on Xbox seems to have been missed.  Though I noticed I missed the pound keys so let me redo it:

##Vote: HUEG LIEK XBOX

I'm not sure why we apparently went from aiming for scum to aiming for the busdriver/whatever, if we hit scum it doesn't matter what role since the last one would be forced into killing for the most part.

I still think that Xbox has been the worse today, his entire set of actions today rub off on me as cheerleading.

Shiki/Shana might not have the best case ever, but I'm entirely surprised out how seemingly everyone today is forgoing past behavior and voting mostly on today's behavior.

I said it before, I still think there's a chance that Touhou is scum, however at the same time I believe their claim is something that allows us to put off a direct pursuit for currently since there is room for Touhou to either confirm themselves for real or to make a mistake that would give them away.  Not sure why we're so enthusiastic about lynching someone who made a case(albeit the rolename part of it is admittedly blech) about someone who isn't actually confirmed.

Still aiming towards XBox, I personally think the Shiki case is being blown out of proportion, going to take a look at AYB before I'm able to post again sometime tonight, apologize with the lack of presence, should be finished with my busy stuff in around 8 hours.

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 14, 2010, 07:11:55 PM »
Quote from: XBox 360
AyB always sneaking under the radar, and I don't like his misrepresentation of me as per above. More of the thing Astley said. Might be OMGUSy, but it's the best I've got. ##Vote: All your Base.

I'll look at Rick's case on AyB when I do the big rick reread; I wasn't depending on it for my vote (said vote does need reconsidering now that AyB has corrected the claim I was moving onto Combo. Will try and reread AyB at the same time).

O...kay, that's really comforting. "Let's make an OMGUS vote on me principally based off of something that was basically a typo from being exhausted when typing up a post, and to make it sound better, defer town to someone else's case on that person, which I myself have not read at all". Yeah, um, thanks.

Explains why there was very little original opinion, but seems to think that's the only charge he had to answer. AyB, having no firm opinions on D1, or having no original things to add late on D3, is one thing, but making long posts where you report what's happened and repeat others' opinions is bad for other reasons; it seems like you're trying to make it appear you're offering more opinion than you are. Which is a scummy thing to do.
(I'm well aware I'm not the most concise of posters myself; I'm not trying to make my own case on AyB here, just explaining why I think Astley's reasoning is sound.)

Are you serious?

First off, like I said, I didn't repeat other people's opinions on D3, I merely had the same opinions as a lot of people there and posted late in the day. There are only so many opinions one can have, especially when it's D3 in this game, with the day's lynch already decided before the day even began, and a confirmed scum spamming up the thread every 15 seconds. By your logic, everyone in the game who has the same opinion on any issue, ever, must be scummy! Oh wait now all of town is scummy because we have to all agree on a lynch in the end.

Secondly, I make long posts. This is a bad habit. If my posts were all purely reporter-y, this would be scummy. As by your own admission they are not, this is not scummy in and of itsself, merely annoying at best. But yeah, I do find it amusing that you are trying to use wordiness and post length instead of post content and opinions at this point as points in your case. But way to put that last line there, if you think this is behaviour that is explicitly scummy, why are you doing it yourself? Seriously.

Quote from: ShikiShana
He's saying my presumptions are bad, unless I have unrelated evidence from elsewhere, in which case they somehow become okay.
How is this hard to understand? Your presumptions are your presumptions. i.e. they might make sense to you, but why should be believe you about them at all? There is no reason to, when there is no reason for us to believe your opinion of the events that have recently transpired among Touhou/Cake/Demote, there is no intrinsic reason to suggest your opinion is more valid than the one that the events discussed actually did happen, etc. However, if you now bring solid evidence of Touhou exhibiting scummy behaviour, or of him messing up night action claims and contradicting someone else's statements on how night actions for a given night played out, there is now reason for us to believe your case on him, as there is now something that we can all see about him that is off.

Seriously, there is a reason that we all make cases and not just claim person X/Y/Z is scum: because how do we know that person X/Y/Z is more likely to be scum than person \alpha/\beta/\gamma? Similar case here. We have no reason for your presumptions to be correct at the moment, hence my complaints. It is not that they "somehow" become okay, it's that they become okay for basic mafia gameplay reasons. Seriously.

Quote from: The Cake is a Lie
Shana's accusation on Touhou is so insane and tangential it feels almost like it's TRYING to convince us that she's just a moronic Townie. It's totally out of character compared to the rest of her posts, too.
Noticed this too. Soviet was at least consistent, whereas with Astley there was at least a semi-logical progression for his nonsense case on Advice Dog (Soviet vote on him -> Soviet vote made for reasons that turned out to be invalid -> Huge Dog defence on Soviet -> Request at Dog to stop defending Soviet -> A potential Dog/Soviet scumteam guess via questionable logic made while pissed off -> Nonsense case). Not only is ShikiShana's case bafflingly out of nowhere and so terrible considering the rest of his posting was surprisingly good, but his insistence at not doing anything else (i.e. finding actual evidence on Touhou or scumhunting and voting someone else, or even just commenting on everyone else alive) is also aggravating.

O...kay, ShikiShana, do you claim that you're just giving up or something? Not sure what you mean by "leaving the game".

Anyway: fine with a ShikiShana lynch. However, I still feel that at the moment, XBox 360 is by far the scummier player. See: several of my posts, but we have: terrible logic on multiple cases (Soviet, myself), Combo's actions w.r.t. him D2, misreps, a lot of setup rehashing, blasting me for long wordy posts while having the same issue himself (and the fact that in and of itsself, this is not scummy and thus should not be a major point in a case against someone), and the added weirdness w.r.t. 2g1c isn't helping him at all. Hence, for now, vote stays.

Ninja BelAir: what makes you think the ShikiShana case is being blown out of proportion, out of curiosity? Part of the reason for the case on him is that today's content is very suddenly so, SO much worse than several days' worth of well-reasoned, sensible content.

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 14, 2010, 07:16:51 PM »
Um, Gatewalker, I never unvoted XBox 360...

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 14, 2010, 08:28:42 PM »
Fixed. Dunno how I screwed that one up. Insert wall of derps here.
<%Laggy> no not really.

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 14, 2010, 08:31:50 PM »
Cake, of course there is nothing wrong with plain scumhunting. Didn't I make an underlined call for it myself? Equally, though, there is nothing wrong with rolelogic either, and particularly given that they're both pointing to the same place, you seem unnecessarily hostile to it.
he spends a while saying 'let's lynch Shana and see what happens!' and now he's reading into meta and saying 'hmm, maybe Shana/AYB are both Town atfter all'. Where exactly did the concept of just finding scum go? Do we need every scum kill spelt out by an NK or a Cassandra?
That sounds like I was just randomly back-and-forthing; which isn't so; the logic changes based on new information from 2g1c. Of course we don't need every kill spelled out, but if I have rolelogic that tells me a particular player has a >50% chance of being scum, I really think following that logic gives me a better chance of putting my vote in the right place than working purely from the sound of people's posts.

Aside from the as-legitimate-as-assuming-there-are-4-scum meta case on Touhou, I would mostly be eyeing xBoX and AYB presently for the nature of their responses today (heck xbox seemed to pretty much ignore this, that was kinda weird)
As legitimate? Yes, everything we know is legitimate evidence. As convincing? No. I don't object to the case for being too meta, I object to it because I don't think one rolename being themed and the others not being is any degree of evidence. I dismissed it on those grounds, and didn't really give it any more thought after that.

I'm not sure why we apparently went from aiming for scum to aiming for the busdriver/whatever, if we hit scum it doesn't matter what role since the last one would be forced into killing for the most part.
Indeed, but if we're in a situation of "2 of these 6 people must be scum, but 1 of these 2 people must be the busdriver" then we get better odds by looking at the second.

Let's make an OMGUS vote on me principally based off of something that was basically a typo from being exhausted when typing up a post, and to make it sound better, defer town to someone else's case on that person, which I myself have not read at all"
It was not at all clear that it was a typo, and I didn't even consider the possibility of one. I was referring to one very specific thing Astley had said (that you were saying things that at first sounded accurate but then emerged as misrepresentation when one read the person in question's posts properly), not trying to defer to his case. No, I hadn't closely read Astley's case, but Astley had claimed that you were doing a bad thing, and then I saw you do exactly that bad thing, to me.

First off, like I said, I didn't repeat other people's opinions on D3, I merely had the same opinions as a lot of people there and posted late in the day
What distinction are you trying to draw? How are we supposed to tell the difference without being able to see into your head?

As by your own admission they are not,
What specifically are you going at here? I thought we were all agreed that you had no firm opinions D1 and no original opinionsopinions that hadn't already been said D3.

if you think this is behaviour that is explicitly scummy, why are you doing it yourself?
Doing long posts when you're not offering any real opinions is scummy. I hope (and can't really judge) I'm not doing that. If nothing else, I'm not using a few long posts as a substitute for posting more frequently; your long first D3 post makes it look like you're posting as much as, say, Shana (because you've posted as many words), but you've actually only offered a small quantity of real content.

Willing to hammer (most immediate grounds being silly meta case and the seeming slip I pointed out in previous post, in case this wasn't clear). Will do so in 12 hours (when I get up) if there have been no objections and it hasn't happened already.

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 14, 2010, 08:58:25 PM »

Upgrade Complete! I am now a Stage 4 Boss. Kind of. I feel a bit bad for Momizi, since I got 4 scenes while she only got 3, but them's the breaks, I guess. It's probably because Aya knows her better, so there was less information to gather.

The mod not answering my question is a little unsettling but ultimately unsurprising. I still don't think we're dealing with anything other than two scum simply due to the number crunching, but I guess it's not a guaranteed thing.

I am fine with whoever wants to hammer Shana. In fact, I'm pretty sure the mod got our most recent time count wrong: The days started at 4 PM Pacific on March 11th, and it is now 1 PM Pacific on March 14th. With a 72-houyr day, I'm pretty sure that means we really only have 3 hours left (or possibly 4, depending on North America's Daylight Savings nonsense).

Demote makes a note of something I had noticed for recent posts: the Box has spent this entire page of notes playing the pure logic game and providing setup speculation (aside from the one...somewhat questionable word choice poke at Shana). This prompted a re-read of the Box's notes from today, and I must agree - most of his content is role/setup/night action speculation. There are a few game play opinions but not a lot. I might have to rethink how much stock I put in widening the gap between the Breaker and the Russian. Whether or not it's enough to push him back above Mr. Astley, however, it's not enough to push him above Shana.

Bel Air, since no one commented on my Shana case other than Shana herself, and you seem concerned with judging Shana by past behavior, do you have anything in particular to say to my case on her?

Ninja'd by the Box. The problem with rolelogic is that anyone can do it regardless of alignment. It provides no opinions, only facts, and when a good chunk of scumhunting is based on assessing the validity of opinions, providing no opinions does not help us determine your alignment. It is pretty easy for scum to use so they look like they are contributing when they are not, and that is why people are starting to turn eyes toward you. Role logic should be used in support of opinions, not instead of opinions.

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 14, 2010, 09:54:12 PM »
The problem with rolelogic is that anyone can do it regardless of alignment. It provides no opinions, only facts
This is true, but conversely the advantage is that facts are always true, and town benefits from having the truth out there. Given that no-one else was doing it, and e.g. Demotivate has already messed up the logic, I felt it worth taking a rigorous look at the roleinfo, and I thought it was my best chance of catching scum. I thought I gave my opinions on all the relevant players here, and have mentioned any shift in my opinion (which has only happened on AyB relative to Shiki); yes opinion makes up a small proportion of my posts, but I've been posting a lot; I would hope I'm providing enough opinion in absolute terms.

I've had no other opinions that resulted in a shift in people's relative positions, but if you want them I've had a few more thoughts. Viz, that Rick has made a testable commitment on his role, while AyB is I think the only player without any kind of role claims at all going. Also, Bel-Air's emphasising that we should put off pursuing Touhou (and that's pretty much the only thing in his post) makes me even more suspicious of him, because (given rolelogic) we can only lynch him after we lynch Touhou. By extension this also puts more suspicion on Touhou. (Enough to put Touhou below Rick? Don't think so, though to say for sure would require a reread and I've already spent more than enough time on this game today. Also, I find it hard to motivate myself to put a lot of thought into taking a position here given that it makes no difference to my vote today and I'll have to reconsider it all anyway when we get tomorrow's role result from Touhou. If that's a scummy position then sorry.)

Oh, and I'll just respond to
he spends a while saying 'let's lynch Shana and see what happens!'
since it sounds confused as to what I was saying. What I meant with my "L-0" comment was, we should push Shana to a votecount that would normally result in a lynch and see what happens (thus testing Shana's roleclaim), not that we should actually lynch and see what happened.

I'm sure everyone realises this, but Touhou should claim a role result first tomorrow. Also, since Cake's not big on rolelogic, I'll reiterate: do please target a random person rather than no-one, just to remove "I got busdrivered onto Cake and saw him target no-one" as a possible excuse for a scum Touhou.
It's very tempting to start explicitly directing night actions, particularly when it comes to Demotivate, but I'll refrain.

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 14, 2010, 10:27:44 PM »
We're so close, and yet so, so far. :(

half-dead, have been all day. Will be brief, won't be referencing posts here, so sorry if I remember stuff wrong here.

Xbox stays on the defensive, although somewhat more forgivable considering the lack of new content going around on the whole. Still kinda disconcerting. Oh, and saying "new logic from 2g1c changed things" is weird, since... I'm assuming that's referring to the possibility of me still being scum? Except, uhh, Touhou and either Bel-Air or Rick could've been the whole time anyway, so there's always been the possibility of Shikiana and AYB both being Town, and I'm not sure what that changes with regards to Shikiana's lynch.

To your most recent post: I've had a few ideas on who to use my night action on. It's changed a few times, but I'm happy with scum not knowing who I'm targeting and knowing that my target is being chosen by Town, not Mafia. It's a little worrying that you are trying to direct night actions, really, since it essentially tells scum what's being planned and that's bad enough, let alone with role redirection in there. (I know you haven't actually directed anything past "Cake should act!", but the consideration of it is still kinda strange.)

Bel-Air: Everyone's ignoring previous days and looking at today for Shikiana because it's so drastically different. And yeah, seconding the call from AYB: what is it that you don't think is a problem with the case on Shikiana?

Finally, call to the mod for clarification on the times, looking at what Touhou's said regarding the start of the day.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 15, 2010, 12:10:39 AM »
It's been pointed out to me that due to a time count error, the day should have actually been over by now(day started at 4PM PST March 11th, it's not 4PM PST March 14th, that's 72 hours.)

However, ninja deadlines are lame, and thus I'm going to call this the 8 hour warning. The day will end in 8 hours from this post(that's midnight PST/3 AM EST).
<%Laggy> no not really.