Author Topic: A memes to an end(Meme Mafia: Game Over)  (Read 117786 times)

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: You know what I meme, Vern?(Meme Mafia, Day 4)
« Reply #550 on: March 15, 2010, 12:13:38 AM »
Oh, and saying "new logic from 2g1c changed things" is weird, since... I'm assuming that's referring to the possibility of me still being scum? Except, uhh, Touhou and either Bel-Air or Rick could've been the whole time anyway, so there's always been the possibility of Shikiana and AYB both being Town
Oh dear, xbox sized facepalm. The mistake I corrected in this post was there all along, and far more important. My logic was that town you proved Touhou wasn't the busdriver, because you'd seen Touhou target cake, meaning that one of Shiki and AyB had to be the busdriver, and thus one of them had to be scum. Not realising the possibility of a Touhou hijacker who could have targeted you last night. At this point all I can say is, sorry everyone.

I've had a few ideas on who to use my night action on. It's changed a few times, but I'm happy with scum not knowing who I'm targeting and knowing that my target is being chosen by Town, not Mafia. It's a little worrying that you are trying to direct night actions, really, since it essentially tells scum what's being planned and that's bad enough, let alone with role redirection in there.
I know all this, which is why I didn't. But it is tempting. Obviously any reasoning I made would've taken into account the redirector. Doing the logic about who you should be targeting (which would almost certainly not come up with "you should target X" but rather "you should target one of X, Y and Z at random/according to your own suspicions") tells the scum nothing they don't already know (we certainly shouldn't be relying on the scum being unable to do logic), and having the logic done in public reduces the chance of a mistake compared to you doing it all on your own. (It doesn't give scum a way to direct your actions, because it's just logic. And trading the risk of scum not getting the logic right against the risk of you not getting the logic right just makes the game more uncertain (and the scum can at least collaborate between themselves), and uncertainty favours scum).
What makes it particularly tempting is that I think I can see a way for you to substantially constrain the scum's actions, so I want you to get it right. (Unfortunately, it largely constrains them into killing you, but there's no way around that). I won't direct you; you've said you don't want me to. I will say to please think it through very carefully (though I'm sure you will), and wish you the best of luck.

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 15, 2010, 02:01:42 AM »
Blargh, near-ninja deadline is annoying. Prepared to bring ShikiShana to L-0 in 3 hours if nobody else does so before.

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 15, 2010, 02:13:20 AM »
Half-bulletproof claim is not enough to validate Shana's play. I'm all for Base hammering any time now.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 15, 2010, 02:16:41 AM »
Might I suggest a vote/unvote of her? That way we can avoid any ninja hammers, and if she doesn't take an extra vote (which I don't think she does. Gate said that she's at 4 votes, not L-1) to lynch, then she will have been hammered. (Being at hammer is being at hammer, even if an unvote comes later I don't think it actually matters)

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 15, 2010, 02:36:50 AM »
Ah, so vote, and then unvote immediately after in a subsequent post? That makes sense, I am for it.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: March 15, 2010, 02:38:31 AM »
It might not work that way, however, so we should wait for a note from the mod, methinks.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 15, 2010, 03:57:17 AM »
Mod has given his word that vote/unvoting will, indeed, hammer if the vote brings them to hammer. Go ahead, AYB.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 15, 2010, 04:14:01 AM »
Actually, I'll do it, because it doesn't really matter who. Lying about your role is scummy, pure and simple.

##Unvote: AYB
##Vote: ShikiShana
##Unvote: ShikiShana
##Vote: AYB

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 15, 2010, 04:36:30 AM »
Will unvoting/revoting in the same post do it?

Also, waiting for mod on results.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 15, 2010, 04:42:02 AM »
Votecount
Rick Astley (1): The Cake is a Lie, Touhou Hijacker, Demotivator, O R'LYEH?!
HUEG LIKE XBOX (2): Demotivator, All Your Base, Bel Air
All Your Base (2): Demotivator, Rick Astley, XBOX, Rick Astley
ShikiShana (4): Rick Astley, Touhou Hijacker, Cake, 2g1c, Demotivator
Touhou Hijacker (1): ShikiShana

With 9 Memes alive, it takes 5 spam mails to give someone a virus!

ShikiShana is at 4 votes!

There are roughly three hours remaining in day 4.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 05:09:17 AM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 15, 2010, 04:51:30 AM »
It does do it, that's why I wanted to wait for the info.

...and there's the mod. Without a hammer. Meaning it does take an extra vote to hammer. Make of that what you will, but she didn't lie about it.

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 15, 2010, 05:00:28 AM »
Okay, that much is a given.

Really, not sure what to do. There's plenty of bad play and some degree of scumminess, but as stated earlier I'd still rather that XBox 360 be today's lynch. On the other hand, there are 3 hours remaining in the day, ShikiShana has had plenty of time to defend himself and scumhunt and has really done neither, and yeah.

@mod: what happens if the day ends without anyone being hammered? Does the person with the most votes get lynched then, or does no lynch occur?

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 15, 2010, 05:09:30 AM »
The person with the most votes will be lynched.
<%Laggy> no not really.

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 15, 2010, 05:10:37 AM »
Here, sick as dog, not coherent at all, bone tired to boot. Lack of anything really resembling defense convinces me on Shikiana at this point. A defense at the midnight hour would not likely have swayed me either, but the fact that her main defense was "wish I could have convinced you guys to lynch touhou" does not sit well and I am content where I am.

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 15, 2010, 05:40:45 AM »

What is going on here? Such strange time dilations. I thought only I could do this.

I trust our good kappa's decision-making skills and will not be moving her vote barring an emergency.

I really do not understand the purpose of the large box's latest post. Is he attempting to influence the fates of the night or merely cheerlead them? My mistress might have something to say about the former*, and the latter seems like pointless filler.

Before anyone unfamiliar with Touhou asks, yes, this is flavor.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 15, 2010, 07:07:08 AM »
One hour left folks. If you're going to do anything, do it soon.
<%Laggy> no not really.

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 15, 2010, 07:27:43 AM »
Awake, just. Cheerleading charge on my last post is probably entirely fair; it's just, as I've said, I don't want the demotive to get this wrong. But sure, that particular post has essentially zero content. Which now that I think about it means I shouldn't have said it.

While there seems little point, I did say I would hammer (I must've misremembered the votecount when I said it, because this isn't hammer thanks to shiki's role). Still,
##Unvote, ##Vote: OH GOD SHIKI IS HOT

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 15, 2010, 07:29:54 AM »
Votecount
Rick Astley (1): The Cake is a Lie, Touhou Hijacker, Demotivator, O R'LYEH?!
HUEG LIKE XBOX (2): Demotivator, All Your Base, Bel Air
All Your Base (1): Demotivator, Rick Astley, XBOX, Rick Astley
ShikiShana (5): Rick Astley, Touhou Hijacker, Cake, 2g1c, Demotivator, XBOX
Touhou Hijacker (1): ShikiShana

With 9 Memes alive, it takes 5 spam mails to give someone a virus!

ShikiShana is at L-1!

There is roughly half an hour remaining in day 4.
<%Laggy> no not really.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 15, 2010, 08:05:36 AM »
Aaaaaand that's deadline.

Too tired to say anything funny here, so I'll just note that OH GOD SHANA/SHIKI IS HOT!, Town Giant Robot has been deadline lynched.

It is now Night 4, please send in your actions.
<%Laggy> no not really.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Why you gotta be so meme?(Meme Mafia, Day 5)
« Reply #569 on: March 15, 2010, 11:01:17 PM »
The sun rises, and with it, the remaining memes. All except for the one who had always had a cute picture with a funny caption ready to warm the hearts of town. He was found dead in his room, surrounded by half finished posters, with a note that read "You've been working so hard. It's time to take a very long vacation" stapled to his forehead.

Demotivational Posters, Town Kappa Fanthing~, has been demotivated!

With 7 memes alive, it takes 4 to lynch. It's the starting of a brand new day!

Day 5 is POTENTIAL LYLO! There will be no time limit today.
<%Laggy> no not really.

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Why you gotta be so meme?(Meme Mafia, Day 5)
« Reply #570 on: March 15, 2010, 11:13:51 PM »
@Touhou: night action results. Now.

@Cake: I receev'd a copy of A Chance To Survive Make Your Time last night. Naturally, I declined. Now, I have to wonder, given that the details of your role are completely out in the public between Advice Dog's night post before the beginning of D3 and your D3 post explaining how your role works, someone would have to be a complete fucking idiot to accept any suspicious-looking gifts they randomly got in their PM inbox. So why did you send one to me? Seriously.

Just finishing up a case on XBox 360, should be up very soon.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 15, 2010, 11:40:42 PM »
Roll here, no time for anything. Going to make a request that people look for those making additional cases against Shiki, even after her death (lynch) was (almost) inevitable.

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 16, 2010, 12:36:37 AM »
Okay, so. We're in lylo, and Demotivational just flipped as Touhou's role.

What the hell?

Base: I was told to target someone last night because otherwise Touhou could cop out her results by targeting me. Now, uh...I have no idea what's going on.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 16, 2010, 12:56:01 AM »
Back, time to read. And... AYB just screwed up everything. Everything. The entire point of having Touhou claim first, as was claimed when it first became relevant, was so that they couldn't have any other info to fall back on. Now, thanks to you, they can claim they saw !cake target you, and we won't know if that's true or not.

As for Demo flipping Touhou's role, well... I think it's pretty safe to assume it was used on the kappa. However, I also believe it's safe to assume that scum despises that jacket existing.

Quite comfortable with an AYB lynch now, aside from the potential LYLO bit. Need sleep, however, so I'm gonna wait on the full analysis until that's happened.

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 16, 2010, 01:35:57 AM »

I am indeed in possession of Demote's Fine Leather Jacket. Hina is most distressed at my now lacking a tilde, but such is life, I suppose. Even with my role gone, however, I shall remain,

Anyway. I attempted to follow the box last night...and was told that the girls did nothing. Cute. Since someone will invariably ask, I tracked the box because of the sheer volume of any-man's-notes he brought to the table yesterday, and the knowledge that he would have to be the killer were he scum - his night action target, or if he even has an active power, would have gone a very long way in determining his alignment.

I will admit I am now torn on who to pursue. The box's Day 4 was a fantastic presentation of how to contribute basically nothing useful to determining one's alignment, but Mr. Astley's outburst at CATS is downright confusing for a couple of reasons (most notably why anyone would have expected me to track Cake over one of our remaining suspects). I would like to hear opinions, not role speculation and night action cheerleading, from the box, and some explanations from Mr. Astley regarding his thrust at CATS (hopefully regarding my issue with me tracking someone outside my suspect list over someone inside it), before I make a decision.