Register

Author Topic: A memes to an end(Meme Mafia: Game Over)  (Read 117819 times)

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Say It Like You Meme It(Meme Mafia: Day 1)
« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2010, 04:54:12 PM »
People want me to make a meaningful vote?

##Unvote: Milhouse, ##Vote: Over 9000

Done.

Also, that is hammer, which is why I didn't make it before.  But who am I to oppose popular request.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2010, 04:59:50 PM »
Stop, Hammertime!
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 04, 2010, 05:16:10 PM »
"Hey wait, I remember that guy! He was a scum mason in the other game, we better kill him now just to be safe!"

"Yeah, good idea!"

"What? No, wait, guys, I'm not Vegeta! I'm just that one memetic phrase of his! Honest! ...put down the axe, come on..."

*CRACK* *CRITICAL!*

Over 9000, TOWN Meddling Kid, has been hit in the face with an axe really hard...for 9999 damage, of course.

Final Votecount
Zerg Rush: (1) - Over 9000, Advice Dog, Touhou Hijacker, Demotivator, O R'LYEH!?
OVER 9000: (9009) - Touhou Hijacker, Boxxy/Bel Air, Milhouse, Shana, Soviet Russia, Hueg Like XBOX, Advice Dog, The Cake is a Lie, Zerg Rush, All Your Base, Demotivator, Touhou Hijacker, Shana, Rick Astley
OH GOD SHANA IS HOT (0) - Zerg Rush
Touhou Hijack LOL (0) - The Cake is a Lie, 2girls1cup, Shana
Advice Dog: (0) - Advice Dog, lolcat, Zerg Rush
lolcat: (0)- Demotivator
Hueg Like XBOX: (0) - Rick Astley
All Your Base: (0) - C-C-Combo Breaker, Shana
COMBO BREAKER: (2) - All Your Base, Yo Dawg, Over 9000
Soviet Russia: (5) -  Milhouse, Yo Dawg, Rick Astley, lolcat, 2girls1cup, Bel Air, Milhouse, COMBO BREAKER
Rick Astley: (0) - 2girls1cup
The Cake is a Lie: (0) - Shana, Touhou Hijacker, Shana,
Yo Dawg: (0) - All Your Base, COMBO BREAKER, Demotivator
Boxxy/Bel Air: (0) - Over 9000
Milhouse: (1) - Rick Astley, Soviet Russia
No lynch: (0) - Soviet Russia

It is now Night Phase 1. Please send in all night actions.

Also, as a note about the game, there is to be no talking during the night phase without permission. If you just want to do random entertainment stuff, wait for morning or post it in the signups thread. Thank you.

<%Laggy> no not really.

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Say It Like You Meme It (Meme Mafia: Night 1)
« Reply #153 on: March 04, 2010, 06:03:47 PM »

My role specifically allows me to speak during night phases. It does not contradict the rule in the above post.

And to clarify, no, not only after town lynches, as the picture may seem to imply. That's just me reflecting on what my 'sure bet' has resulted in.

I'm expecting there to probably be a bunch of others who can speak at night as well. It'd sure be lonely to be alone.

I don't have the time now to make a full reflection or post random stuff (I do have something in mind). Plan to later.

Just in case the night phase ends up being really short, the general sentiment is genuine surprise at the flip. This obviously removes the big red marks looming over Rick and C-C-C-C, since their key points to change vote from o9k to the Commie are no longer obviously relevant, regardless of Commie's alignment. Rick's hammer was a bit sudden, but I can't imagine would have changed anything. !Cake looks worse from the flip, as the key 'hypocritical' vote on o9k looks more like a premature jump onto an easy case. Probably wouldn't look so bad without the hypocrisy.

Doubt I can just leave Commie for much longer. Ever so slowly actually getting into the game, but so much trolling.

Day one lurkers really need to get in early on day two. The big black box is now particularly badly placed.

Oh, and Posters: sorry, thought I'd referenced you directly before, but I guess not. Not that I've actually talked about everyone. For the record, as of the end of day one I see you as second towniest of my fellows, behind the Hijack.

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Say It Like You Meme It(Meme Mafia: Night 1)
« Reply #154 on: March 05, 2010, 12:31:09 AM »

Really? No one else (yet)? I was expecting the ability to be a dime a dozen after how the previous game went. Sure feels cold out here.

Uh, well in which case it can wait till tomorrow morning. I'm kind of busy this evening. I'll see what I can sniff out then, and introduce Robot Unicorn Attack as well.

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2010, 12:13:18 PM »

No one else? Really? Crazy. I'm no show dog, so I've not been trained to entertain as you may have come to expect from the night phases from the previous game. But as we're memes it's important to know the emerging trends, to preserve our own places on the internet.

Tonight I present to you: Robot Unicorn Attack.

Having lived a quiet life on Adult Swim for several weeks, it suddenly shot to popularity when /v/ found it and fell in love with the inherent masculinity of controlling a robotic unicorn galloping along a mystical fairy landscape full of rainbows, dolphins and pink things, and the accompanying music from Erasure really sealed the deal. /v/ underwent a brief makeover to celebrate finding the game of the year ("like that helicopter game but for bros"). Suddenly a peace loving bunch, /v/ spread the love to /co/ and /a/, which also broke under the strain of the love, and the three boards lived in harmony for a brief time. It was to be short-lived, however, and the anger-fuelled hate-filled norm has returned.

Here's some key reconnaissance on the one day meme, none of which is my own material (including the song):

Wish the unwishable,
Love the unlovable,
Row! Row!
Rainbow powah!

Jump the unjumpable,
Dash the undashable,
Row! Row!
Rainbow Powah!

What you're gonna do is what you wanna do
Just break the stars when you see the light, uh huh
This is the theme of harmony comin' through, baby
Row! Row!
Rainbow powah!

Power to the peeps, power for the dream
Still missing peace scattering, so incomplete
We be the most incredible unicorn from over ground
See how easy, they all fall down
Dashin' through the stars to see the light
Let's get out of here babe, that's the way to survive
Top of the head, I'm on the set
Wish the unwishable, don't you wanna bet?
Cuz, a lot of things changed, we be retryin' in vain

If you wanna get by, no pain no gain
Wow! Adult Swim wanna test me again
Sorry, my wish's gonna snatch your brain
I'm still tryin' to get past that hill
We gonna make it happen with the crazy dash skill
Get ready to rumble, now is the time, uh huh
If you don't know, now you know

Good luck fellows! Ha ha!

Wish the unwishable,
Love the unlovable,
Row! Row!
Rainbow powah!
Jump the unjumpable,
Dash the undashable,
Row! Row!
Rainbow powah!

Just break the star when you see the truth
Row! Row!
Rainbow powah!

Second verse dedicates to the real peeps
What we gotta say is so real thing
Cuz, your wish ain't never gonna reach the skies
Kickin' the mad flow, unicorn rainbow type
You're on your third try, seeing through the overground
I'm about to hit you with the dash from the unicorn
Whole city is covered with the cyber flavor
Harmony is in your area, one of the toughest enigma

Wish the unwishable,
Love the unlovable,
Row! Row!
Rainbow powah!
Jump the unjumpable,
Dash the undashable,
Row! Row!
Rainbow powah!

Just break the stars when you see the truth, uh huh
Row! Row!
Rainbow powah!

Wish the unwishable,
Love the unlovable,
Row! Row!
Rainbow powah!
Jump the unjumpable,
Dash the undashable,
Row! Row!
Rainbow powah!

Row! Row!
Rainbow powah!

Wish the unwishable,
Love the unlovable,
Row! Row!
Rainbow powah!
Jump the unjumpable,
Dash the undashable,
Row! Row!
Rainbow powah!

Row! Row!
Rainbow powah!

Row! Row!
Rainbow powah!

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2010, 01:17:07 PM »

So, serious stuff. Right. I was kind of expecting to have people to bounce ideas off of rather than an empty stage, but never mind.

The first piece of the puzzle is the Commie's alignment, not that he should be lynched just for the sake of information, as if he's scum then key votes on the o9k train come into focus. The trouble is that I really can't understand the play as scum, as regardless of how it has turned out, there was so much risk of getting lynched. No way of knowing the prevailing wind would be to o9k, no way of being sure that o9k wouldn't suddenly improve, and sure as hell no way of being sure that it won't just lead to a day two lynch anyway. The only thing that I can now see as a scum move is the move from o9k to MINAM towards the end of the day, as by that point o9k's lynch was just about inevitable.

Okay, so I've made slower progress than I'd hoped to. The player count and simple voting play is making it hard to draw much out (especially when I'm expecting scum to be spread out). I was hoping to catch people out for being suspiciously convinced of o9k's townieness (because no, he played a heavily scummy day), but it turns out that there was no strong support for him after the Boxxed Air vote. I'd still be looking to lead out against !Cake and the worst of the lurkers at this point. Maybe C-C-C-C. Other main thing I want to re-read are CATS's and the cats' play so far, as they're the two peripheral scents I haven't got enough of yet.

May well post again at some point in the next handful of hours if night's still running / I'm still alive.

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2010, 06:36:29 PM »

On again briefly. I'd do this all in one go, but the thing is that it's a lot harder to guess when night phases will end in comparison to day phases, so I don't know which chance will be the last.

All I've had time for is a quick re-read of CATS, which was negative but relatively inconclusive. I agree with Shana/Shiki/New Hotness that this post is terrible, but see less of it in the rest of the posts. What I do find intriguing is how CATS is very light in the discussion of the Commie. Let's the 'lol, no really, let's not lynch' post kind of just slide and otherwise doesn't mention him at all. Points hashed to death by other players etc. etc., but no opinion at all? Also one of the people to be oddly supportive of o9k early on, but I really don't think I can press that against anyone when it was before his later posts.

Also a bit weirded out by CATS's and New Hotness's co-dependence of sorts on o9k:

...................................................................................aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you go on to vote for a lurker. Who has lurked for over a day and thus is someone the mod will likely be yelling at right now. Combined with zero useful analysis of anyone. You know, I think I'm starting to see Shiki's point here.

##Unvote
##Vote: Over 9000

Right. On the other hand, I agree with you on 9000 now.

Mostly weird on account of the New Hotness's opinion on o9k immediately before CATS's post above was:

case on over9000 is UNINTERESTING. may have no opinion. sign of badness, not scumness.

Maybe I'm just missing something in my rush here.

Back later, if there is later.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Say It Like You Meme It(Meme Mafia: Night 1)
« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2010, 10:43:17 PM »
All night PMs have been sent out, Day 2 will officially open as soon as I finish my writing for the day and have the time for it. <_<
<%Laggy> no not really.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Know what I meme?(Meme Mafia: Day 2)
« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2010, 12:50:08 AM »
The next day had come, and with it, two more dead memes.

Yo Dawg, the pimper of rides everywhere, had been found under the rear tires of a monster truck, with a tag on his foot reading "Yo Dawg I heard you like rides, so I put a truck on your head so you can ride while you die."

Meanwhile, lolcat was nowhere to be found at all. Not in the ceiling, not in the basement, and not even at the nearest cheezburger shop! A quick search of her possesions turned up some interesting evidence though, such as a large collection of anti-town pictures and propaganda.

Yo Dawg, Town Body Double was pimped by a ride!
lolcat, Scum Taboo Artist has mysteriously vanished!

It is now the beginning of day 2. With 14 memes alive and kicking, it takes 8 votes to axe someone in the face!

As of 5PM PST/8PM EST(so about 10 minutes from now), day 2 has 72 hours remaining!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 12:52:41 AM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> no not really.

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: You know what I meme?(Meme Mafia: Day 2)
« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2010, 01:35:20 AM »
Cat and Dawg die together? I have one thing to say in response to this:

Good NK is good. Interesting to see an extra death in N1, but it's worked out, so not complaining.

Looking at D1 interactions... Not finding much to go on, admittedly. Dawg spent most of his time with Advice Dog against Combo, but that doesn't really tell us anything. Lolcat sticks with Russia for... wow, pretty much the whole day.

What I'm looking at for now, though, are the roles that've flipped. Or, more specifically, looking at the role of Body Double, I'm wondering if Yo Dawg was the intended kill of the Mafia. 'Course, this is just mild speculation while I look around for other people, and wait for some input from our quieter members from D1. There are way too many of them, but I'm strangely suspicious of AYB. Can't place why, though. (that said, was right on that with Lolcat. >.>)

Oh, and of course, Soviet Russia remains the most suspicious. The NKs don't do a damn thing to change that, seeing as Lolcat was on Russia early and there are huge number of WIFOMy reasons that vote could've stayed there. On that note:

##Vote: Soviet Russia

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: You know what I meme? (Meme Mafia: Day 2)
« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2010, 01:37:23 AM »

Harmony Harmony

First off, no attempt was made on my life last night, nor was I roleblocked or the like. I say this because Dawg's role sounds like it might be akin to the sort of bodyguard who dies on successful protection, and if so there was a good chance of him protecting me last night. I don't know. Obviously, not saying to speculate the night actions or the like (as it's just as / more likely that he just was the NK target, let alone what his role actually did), but given we were picked out for being chummy yesterday I figure it's a question people might have had for me. No, I am unaware of any attempt on my life last night.

Next, leading out with:

##VOTE: THE CAKE IS A LIE

For reasons outlined at the end of day 1 and during night 1.

This is without the information of lolcats' flip, who I can't really claim to have been strongly on the trail of - they were just upsetting my sensibilities the most out of the most active posters. I'll now actually go and read back over the cats, as it's suddenly immensely relevant, and see if that turns up more obvious suspects.

Ninja Poster: yeah, I figured there'd be speculation over Dawg's role. And yes, I expect there to be scum on both of yesterday's trains, regardless of the Commie's own alignment.

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2010, 01:58:54 AM »

Greetings, everyone! This is the humble tengu reporter, Aya Shameimaru, bringing you the latest news from Gensokyo! Our top story today: I'm getting another game! BOO-YAH, MOTHERFUCKERS! Can't touch this, the fastest in Gensokyo! Make sure you all pick up a copy when it gets released on March 14th!

In other, less important news, town resident Over 9000 was lynched yesterday. Authorities are on the case, trying to figure out who might have wished him ill. Of course, Bunbunmaru News staff have done some of their own investigations, however, and one suspect in particular stands out in the form of HUGE LIKE XBOX.

Xbox has already been loosely covered, most notably by local vampire witness Remilia Scarlet, kappa engineer Nitori Kawashiro, and field reporter Momizi Inubashiri. However, we will review his lone meaningful post in order to properly summarize the case against him for our readers.

First, there is the misunderstanding of the Yo Dawg/Combo Breaker back-and-forth, a clarification of which can be found in Scarlet's eyewitness report. The misinformed nature of these comments rather invalidate them as content. Please refer to our website's links for more information.

Next, there is this direct quote from Xbox himself:

I overall think that Over 9000 has been stupidly unhelpful and outright scummy, but I think Yo Dawg's charge is pretty illogical. I'm not sure what to think of either, but overall I think Over 9000 is worse so I shall actually keep my original vote on him.

Where he does not explain why he thinks Over 9000 is scummy or why he thinks Over 9000 is scummier than Yo Dawg. While the case had been made many times, it is still important to state exactly what opinions upon which you agree with others. He does not even seem to be positive about his opinions himself, if "I'm not sure what to think of either" is any indication.

Finally, there is his analysis of Soviet Russia, which boils down to a useless "he could be new town, he could be scum or he could be a jester". He then procees to not only explain why any of those three options are more or less likely than the other, but give himself a pass from forming an opinion entirely! This is not helpful in the slighest and could very easily be the actions of a scum unsure of how to approach strange Day 1 behavior.

On the whole, were this post one of many, it might have been temporarily dismissable if the others had more content, but as the only meaningful Day 1 post to Xbox's name, it looks more like scum lurking. Of course, as a reputable news source, Bunbunmaru News would be remiss to actively take sides instead of simply stating the facts, but were my personal opinion asked, it would definitely fall here: ##Vote: HUGE LIKE XBOX

The Cake Is a Lie continues to be suspicious, as nothing he did as the day wound down did much to improve his image. Field reporter Inubashiri has also recently provided a report on this issue.

There is also the matter of 2girls1cup, who made a misinformed case on Rick Astley and then jumped onto an easy Soviet Russia case while cheerleading the case against Over 9000. Regarding this, our publication's official stance on Soviet Russia is that we do not believe him to be scum. Fellow Gensokyo resident Yukari Yakumo has already discussed our feeling on the matter of the major charge against him. Of course, we will have to rethink our stance in Soviet Russia's case against Milhouse, though memory of Milhouse's Day 1 performance still casts him in a generally positive.

Well have further information as our stories develop.

Of course, this was all written before lolcat's flip, which...I didn't actually remember many interactions he had, and the one I DID remember was the talk with Yo Dawg, who, well. Quick reread shows that he actually didn't do a whole lot of talking about anyone beyond the Soviet Russia vote. There's a lot of game theory going on here. Very little in the way of other players interacting with him, too: the overwhelming majority of non-flavor comes from Over 9000 and Yo Dawg.

The most meaningful thing I remember seeing was 2girls1cup's rather reportery-style post just has some reportery stuff in lolcat's direction.

...Actually, upon another quick re-read, I'm seeing a LOT of reportery stuff coming from 2girls1cup and very little meaningful contribution, and...you know, these posts really read like using reporting and the occasional opinion to maintain active lurking. I think I'm actually going to change my mind here. ##Unvote, ##Vote: 2girls1cup. There's room for only one reporter here, missy, and I don't see you with a new game coming out this month.

Ninja'd by Advice Dog. I wasn't really planning on speculating on roles, but I'll also say I wasn't informed that I was attacked last night.

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2010, 02:03:46 AM »

Where is the cake? I was told there would be cake.

The cat's death is fortuitous and intruiging. A reread is in order.

9k flipping Town is a disappointment. I will not believe that his death was unnecessary - his play earned it. The positioning of my vote is simply misfortune on my part.

I also hold that I'd made comments already D1 and I was relatively serious about my initial vote for the young girl, so moving to the Zerg seemed unnecessary. It was not a case beyond 'he's saying naughty words'.

Soviet Russia, I am unconvinced by. His play does not seem to reward the uninformed minority, regardless of how moronic it may be. He irritates me, but not enough to clinch a vote.

As for today, I am looking slightly elsewhere compared to others.

##Vote: Shana/Shiki

Day 1 voting pattern:
-Random vote on Touhou
-Unvote, Vote Cake, Unvote, Vote AYB in the same post
-Declares absolute horror at Soviet's No Lynch suggestion, then disregards it
-Massive misrep of my 'he is unlikely to be jester' point against o9k, back onto me
-Despite this, moves back onto o9k at the end of the day along with another pile of points against Soviet.

Jumping between opinions with such haste and cheerleading the Soviet case so strongly do not impress me. It feels somewhat like lynches are being lined up here.

I hope to have read the feline's contributions by my next post to see if analysis can be gleaned.

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2010, 02:15:52 AM »

Yeah, so the cats were on the Commie all day yesterday, as already pointed out. I agree that this says nothing for the Commie's alignment. Frustratingly he talked about pretty much no one at all outside of the two leading trains, other than me during the joke phase, and Zerg Rush regarding post clarity. Hindsight is 20-20 for reading scumminess throughout his posts, so go figure I see it in spades now.

Likewise, I'm not finding much of people commenting on the cats from a quick search. Confirmed Townie Dawg liked them and Confirmed Townie o9k thought him scummy, for all the good that does us now. Beyond that I can only find my own minor admonishments, and the Commie claiming them to have passed their ridiculous 'test'. Far less than I'd like to work with.

So no, I'm starting at roughly the same position I was at during the night.

PRESS PREVIEW
MASSIVE NINJAS

Yeah, so I'm going to just post this first and then read those.

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2010, 02:17:42 AM »

Of course, we will have to rethink our stance in Soviet Russia's case against Milhouse, though memory of Milhouse's Day 1 performance still casts him in a generally positive.

Need to hire some more editors to catch these typos! This should say "generally positive light".

And while it's been highlighted for everyone to read, I've gone over the transcription of the Milhouse interview and am still getting townie vibes from him.

Wha- Cake, what are you doing, popping in like Sakuya? Gotta say, I don't like your "yay a scum died sad to see a townie lynch" and pre-defense of wagon positioning too much there. Kinda makes me want to blow the voting winds back your way, but I want to hear from the life partners first.

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2010, 07:51:26 AM »
IN SOVIET MAFIA, TOWN NIGHTKILL SCUM!  (Ahhh comrades, who did not see that one coming? (And before any comrade speculates, no, this is not me claiming (or denying) responsibility for it.))

Cake post give uncomfortable Trotsky vibes.  Death of comrade never inevitable, and ees very capitalist to speak in such terms.  Strong dislike for the Meelhouse herding yesterday, and equal strength of dislike for Cake tone today.  And nyet - Cake case on Hot Girl, it sort of make sense.  Brave soviets also dislike Propaganda Poster, for quick role speculations and behavior of immediate followup on other major train from day 1, but as that train is self, views may be tempered with "oh my Father Lenin you suck" and irritation at Soviet day 1 strategy going not as planned.

One thing lolcat flip definitely do is show capitalists are lurking in shadows.  lolcat presence, very little, reasonable to assume some other capitalists doing same, is uncommon for only one member of spy team to lurk.  Posts are necessary, from other lolitas with little presence on day 1, yes.  In particular Soviets can remember no impression of All Consuming Base of Labor and Steadfast Never To Give Comrade Up Entertainer.

##Vote: Рицк Астлей (Rick Astley)
since comrade of Base at least helpfully corrected mother tongue in early game!

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
  • Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2010, 08:25:34 AM »
KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!

Having looked back through lolcat's posts... I'm kinda surprised to see how very little they actually commented in-game. Like, next to nothing of value was said. They primarily attacked Russia and focused on the WIFOMY elements of the arguments around him, complained about my posting style, talked about lurkers (and vaguely dismissed them, in some regards) and joke voted Advice Dog. Hurrah.

Risk taking scum team-up with Russia seems possible if you assume them going with some sort of high risk, high reward scenario.

Relatedly, I do find the late day vote switch of Russia's to be somewhat strange, considering the cases involved. Generally speaking, townies, when confronted with the major lynch cases being them and someone else, should always fight hard to keep their own necks intact, since they are themselves the only 100% guaranteed townie. Given he was still in notable danger at that point, it seems weird to not have kept the vote there, while making the other cases. Its hard not to see this as something of an attempt to be able to show up on Day 2 and go "Well, look how clever I was!"

KEKEKEKEKEKEKE!

Concerns about Cake from yesterday remain.

Looking back, I also notice they emphasized my "unfriendliness" (he notes it twice) which seems pretty iffy to me, as it was basically attacking me for what should have been pretty clear as flavor. In fact, much like lolcats, Cake really didn't have much to say yesterday beyond the "shouldn't push the zerg case further" thing and focus in on 9001/Russia.

I REALLY do not like the Jester backpedal. At all. To quote.

9000.1 is getting continually worse. 'Hey, let's STILL give no opinions and jump on a lurker! No wonder I'm almost as strong as Kakarot!' It gets to the point where you have to wonder if he really IS a jester...which concerns me slightly, but it's a WIFOM at best.

Soviet ACTUALLY TRYING TO PRESS A NO LYNCH THEN TURNING AROUND AND SAYING IT WAS TO BUILD DISCUSSION makes me want to flood his head with a neurotoxin. Doing so would put him at L-1, though, and it's not impossible for Vegeta!Scum to fake jester if they've been told that the setup has third-party and bastard mod in it. Holding for now.

This was not an excuse to do something. This was me saying 'no, this jester WIFOM is stupid, we shouldn't let 9000.1 away with scummy play because he MIGHT be fool'. I'm more convinced at this moment that 9000.1 is scum, and given that he's likely going to die anyway, what's likely to happen if we're wrong on Soviet? Vegeta throws a quickhammer and at least manages to waste a day for Town before his inevitable death.
I don't understand how I've been misinterpreted as saying 'Soviet might be jester, better not lynch him!' I was saying '9000.1 probably ISN'T jester, so why the hell aren't we lynching him?'

Post number two really reeks of revisionist history to me, and given the aggression in it, I'm not getting an apologetic townie "Sorry, I misspoke" vibe from it. His first post indulges in a bit of WIFOM/fear mongering and then he goes out his way to say that his entire point is that 9001 probably isn't a jester! Well then why claim the potential concerns you at all? Giving any credence at all to the jester concept is still giving credence to it. You didn't say Jester WIFOM was stupid. You said it "concerns you slightly, but..." Not the same thing at all. Also, the whole "I want to kill Russia, but scum 9001" is kinda... iffy to me. While the sentiment itself is all right in some regards, the strength of your statement AGAINST Russia juxtaposed with the statement about fearing 9001 quick lynch feels really odd.

The general, casual reporter restatement of the obvious events also isn't particularly good here. Pretty much agree with Tohou in regards to not liking the preemptive defense. And, of course, given my above opinions on what I'm seeing as quasi-revisionist history, the fact that you are using that as a springboard to attack OH GOD is not really a good start to me.

##Vote: The Cake is a Lie

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!
Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2010, 08:49:49 AM »
Well... I can see both my #2 (Over 9K) and #3 (Dawg) suspects from yesterday are C-C-C-COMBO CLEARED! by today's flip. lolcat... there were too many lurkers yesterday to be surprised one of them was scum. Their vote on Russia was early, one of many in a chain of early Soviet voters, but interestingly the first to mention the No Lynch as part of it. After that though, they really don't converse with anyone enough to incriminate.

Soviet, how would you say that Milhouse was herding? On a re-read, they're definitely pretty strongly worded arguments, but it's hard to call it attempting to herd town. Milhouse came off as one of the more townie people to me yesterday. I also don't see any of the "quick role speculation" you're accusing Demotivational Poster of. Care to provide some examples? It honestly seems like you're grasping at straws.

Cake's argument on Shana is... interesting. I saw Shana yesterday as low-post count, but at least some good observation from them. However, the voting behavior casts a much different view upon that, especially when she jumps from here, where they jump down All Your Base's throat, to here,which is still kind of edgy with them, tohere, where she totally agrees with them and jumps on O9K. Cake demonizes it a bit more than necessary, but it doesn't change the facts about the voting history and looks suspicious enough to call out.

Looking worst for me though currently, is X-Box. I was confused on why I couldn't find X-Box's vote on Over 9K... until I checked the first page... IT WAS THEIR JOKE VOTE. They rode out their joke vote the entire day. For this alone I say...

##VOTE: HUGE LIKE X-BOX

The order the mod listed the votes as at the end of day is wrong, or at least makes it look less conspicuous than it actually is. X-Box was actually the SECOND JOKE VOTE on Over 9K and they never changed their vote. This combined with the lurking screams out to me more than anything else.

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2010, 09:05:49 AM »
Cake: I'm not really sure what to make of your suspicions. Yes, I did change my vote several times (how is doing so more than once in one post any kind of tell, btw?), and my reasons for doing so felt sound. On the cheerleading charge... uh. Both of them looked bad, so I apologize for having negative opinions on an alternative train as well. You seemed to agree!

Quote from: Cake
9000.1 is getting continually worse. 'Hey, let's STILL give no opinions and jump on a lurker! No wonder I'm almost as strong as Kakarot!' It gets to the point where you have to wonder if he really IS a jester...which concerns me slightly, but it's a WIFOM at best.

Soviet ACTUALLY TRYING TO PRESS A NO LYNCH THEN TURNING AROUND AND SAYING IT WAS TO BUILD DISCUSSION makes me want to flood his head with a neurotoxin. Doing so would put him at L-1, though, and it's not impossible for Vegeta!Scum to fake jester if they've been told that the setup has third-party and bastard mod in it. Holding for now.

How is this not the same thing you accuse me of doing?

On the matter of Soviet, I do not have a pressing need to lynch him today owing, yes, to lolcat's early vote for him (it feels... strange... to entirely dismiss this, demotivational-poster-man. The numbers make it seem likely to be scum were focusing on the 9000train, and this would really go double if Soviet is in fact scum- which makes it more unlikely that lolcats was bussing. It is possible but unlikely, see? It isn't like the case on Soviet did not have enough merit to potentially get through, so I would imagine some scum wariness there. To continue to extrapolate, the way he was playing/lurking, it seems doubtful lolcats would continue bussing a buddy on day 1 for the town cred benefits.)

I also just quickly checked through Demotivational's posts, as is the done thing when something doesn't feel right. Don't like what I saw! He has been extremely light on content, even though the posters make his posts look substantially bigger than they are. His voting on 9k did not have much behind it and seemed to be of convenience, a feeling emphasized when we see him voting 9k over Russia whilst the votes were tied, and then... later saying "Oh, yeah, I'll vote Russia if his train comes back!"

So this made me feel worse on Russia conditional on demotivational's scumness, a prospect that seems slightly more than Cake's (despite how much I find myself coming to agree with zergnin-

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!

Actually I have nothing to respond to. If you feel my observation is good, then... maybe you might also see why I changed my votes.

Anyway. Belated vote for DeMo. Did I mention I don't like 'yep let's vote Russia DISREGARD evidence he may not be scum'? I think I implied it? Well, I don't like it. ##YOU CAN BE MORE APPROACH: Demotivational Poster

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2010, 09:12:38 AM »
Hrn. I have noted an issue with my own post on demotivational. Although I don't like either his fast vote on russia or the way he selected 9k over russia yesterday, the link I thought may exist between them doesn't really exist in the way I thought it did (since if he's actively dodging a russia lynch on day 1, it doesn't make much sense to come out on him day 2. Unless it's a bus, I guess.)

So I'm not so sure about that, which tells me not to pre-emptively think of pairings, I guess.

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2010, 11:44:30 AM »

I did specifically say I was waiting for posts from others, and this is exactly why.

One thing lolcat flip definitely do is show capitalists are lurking in shadows.  lolcat presence, very little, reasonable to assume some other capitalists doing same, is uncommon for only one member of spy team to lurk.  Posts are necessary, from other lolitas with little presence on day 1, yes.  In particular Soviets can remember no impression of All Consuming Base of Labor and Steadfast Never To Give Comrade Up Entertainer.

So you're using WIFOM to support a lurker vote, and using a ridiculous reason to choose between the two. (And, again, the lurker prods miss out the Xbox.) Vote's staying where it is.

To Shiki-fan, this is exactly why I requested opinions of me. I've had little time this week (should have more after the weekend, hopefully) and figured I'd be accused of flying under the radar. Evidence Russia might not be scum? What evidence? My point was that there is no evidence, since the flips change nothing regarding his alignment, and the bad D1 play (now combined with a bad start to D2) leaves him looking terribad.

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2010, 11:50:15 AM »
Quote from: Demot
Evidence Russia might not be scum? What evidence? My point was that there is no evidence, since the flips change nothing regarding his alignment

This is essentially it, saying the flip changes nothing seems quite wrong to me.

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2010, 12:31:59 PM »

What -does- the flip change then? 9001 was Town, so this says nothing about Russia. Yo Dawg's flip doesn't really change things at all, unless there's something I've missed..?
As for Lolcat, since that's the only one that might have any impact. If Russia is Town, then Lolcat is scum trying to keep a low profile and push the main two lynch-trains. If Russia is Scum, Lolcat could have been looking for town credit by being the first on a scum train, could have been looking to clear Russia with a move like this, etc. It's pure WIFOM at best, and I'm not walking into that one.

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »

Sorry New Hotness, but the flips really do say nothing about the Commie's alignment, and it seems you're only seeing half of the WIFOM. I will be quite surprised indeed if there's no scum on the Commie's train regardless of his own alignment.

Further reading into !Cake keeps coming up worse. I don't like how the post before the hypocritical vote - the post that makes it hypocritical in the first place - is later retconned to mean that the even earlier vote for Hijack was supposedly serious. This plays into the bigger 'ass-covering by any means' charge of the day as a whole, which has already bowled over to today - don't you know it's polite to let us smell?

Don't buy the case on the New Hotness. Day one votes look fine and are all, joke vote aside, on people I find to be at least the scummy side of neutral. The only thing I'd hold against him at all would be the random rash thoughts that need to be immediately retracted. Particularly don't like the charge of 'lining up the lynches', when o9k and the Commie were the top two on at least several people's lists (no I haven't checked to see how many) so that could apply to anyone, and the New Hotness wasn't even one of those by the end of the day. Setting up Commie's lynch today how?

re: Hijack's case on 2girls1cup: 2g1c is one of the remaining players that I really haven't paid much attention to so far. The trouble I'm having is that several of the less active memes merge together in the same sort of scummy side of neutral to me, so I'm having trouble picking them apart, as much as yes, that's a good place for scum to hide in.