imageRegister

Author Topic: A memes to an end(Meme Mafia: Game Over)  (Read 117813 times)

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
Re: I meme it this time!(Meme Mafia: Day 3)
« Reply #300 on: March 09, 2010, 11:09:15 PM »
Gah wait

##Unvote: Combo

I didn't see a vote in there from Combo.

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 09, 2010, 11:10:46 PM »
Irrelevant, but no use otherwise.

Would assume they know both, yeah. Have been working under that assumption, anyways.

fuckfuckfuckfuck okay someone remove a vote fast.

Ninja: Phew. No, that's a mod vote. He's broken rules, clearly, and gained a mod vote for it. Whether it's post restrictions or for the fake hammer post, I'm not sure, but not relevant now.

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 09, 2010, 11:19:41 PM »
I'm just going to go ahead and claim to make explaining my actions a bit easier, I'm an unconfirmed mason with Astley, this is why I defended him yesterday among other things.  I'm willing to consider him town for now due to the nature of how we became masons, since he is a writer and I was the only paparazzi he could recruit, and he managed to get me on N1.

Lazy play yesterday was basically me finding out "Oh look, I'm actually a mason, cool," Since I wasn't able to actually read or write anything until the day was half over, I pretty much just resigned myself to being lazy for the day after having to read through all the text the catch up on everything.

I'll be honest, I did think Combo was worse then Russia at first, but then discussing things in mason chat had me second guessing myself, to the point where I came up with my not so astounding flip logic.  Astley thought that Russia was worse, and I decided I would go along with it for the time being since I figured whichever one didn't get lynched on that day would most likely end up on the block for day 3.

Overly annoyed at Milhouse claim to end the day, but what are we going to do about that.

Altey will be able to confirm once he gets back from whatever he's doing, mostly just posting this to get that out there, will actually have something about new opinions later.

Nathan Greaves

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 09, 2010, 11:25:45 PM »
So, the two players who are going under suspicion at this point...suddenly claim masons?

This is...wow. I will note that after a little Ctrl+F that Astley and Bel-Air have never so much as mentioned each other, but if you're an unconfirmed mason would you be so openly trusting? Really not buying the claim.

Nathan Greaves

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 09, 2010, 11:31:15 PM »
EBWOP:
I'm just going to go ahead and claim to make explaining my actions a bit easier, I'm an unconfirmed mason with Astley, this is why I defended him yesterday among other things.  I'm willing to consider him town for now due to the nature of how we became masons, since he is a writer and I was the only paparazzi he could recruit, and he managed to get me on N1.
Uh...what about SHAMEIMARU Aya? And what does writing have to do with paparazzi? And since when did the Fresh Prince have any sort of job along those lines? (I haven't watched the show in years, so if this is me missing out on flavour someone call me out on it.)
Colour me doubly unconvinced now.

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 09, 2010, 11:33:23 PM »

I'm willing to believe you guys have BTSC. I'm not willing to believe you're both town - whether one of you is or not, I'm not sure, but I'm pretty much certain that Astley's scum, at least.
I'm also not sure how the nature of how you became masons has any impact on the alignment, especially with bastard modding.

...Actually, that's a fair point in Cake Ninja. How would you know you're the only Paparazzi?
(I'm willing to ignore the flavour reasons, though, since I don't think roles really have much to do with the memes.)
(Actually, that looks like a misunderstanding somewhere. I'm reading Writer/Paparazzi as roles, and it looks like Cake isn't? Confirmation from both of you on that, please.)

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 09, 2010, 11:44:25 PM »
Reverse the logic. Odds of me getting this right were low, but worked.

So, I can't believe I ignored this until now. I used my N2 action. I thought nothing of it, having picked what I thought was the wrong target. And now, if we're to believe Cake's claim, I know who the bus driver is. Touhou, care to explain?

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 09, 2010, 11:58:04 PM »
I know I'm the only one since Gate pretty much told me outright that I was the only one that can be recruited once I was, I assume in Astleys Role PM that it probably says something similar along those lines.

One thing I did forget to clarify though, is that I had no knowledge of being a paparazzi/mason until after I was recruited, I was pretty much under the impression that I was stuck with essentially Vanilla Town when the game started, and I made a rather lame attempt to breadcrumb that here where I talked about useless roles in light of Russia's no lynch plan.

I did mention Astley Day 2, so not sure what Cake is saying there, if I didn't mention him day 1, it's because I didn't know.  And yes, Writer/Paparazzi are referring to the roles.

Ninja, so Touhou made an action on the cake last night? This will be interesting.

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 09, 2010, 11:59:44 PM »

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 10, 2010, 12:00:50 AM »
Wow, can't believe I fell for that. Read it as suicide by deliberately breaking post restrictions three times. Very nearly went to bed.

Role speculation? When we've had someone else claim to be roleblocked? I can't help thinking I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here.
Assume that C-C-C-C is a combination roleblocker/rolecop, as we've heard from Milhouse. Assume this ability was targeted at Advice Dog tonight, who was then serialkilled (or redirected-vigilante, as is now being claimed; doesn't change the reasoning). Assume (just for the sake of the argument) commie was scum. Having seen this happen (and knowing that C-C-C-C used the roleblocker/rolecop on advice dog), commie could safely claim to have been roleblocked.

Since I said I'd comment on AyB, I will, but I've nothing fresh to say; there's just too little content to get anything from (which of course is itself bad).
And multiple ninjas. Posting anyway.

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 10, 2010, 12:04:36 AM »

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 10, 2010, 12:07:05 AM »
In Soviet Russia, masons claim you!

So vat I am curious about ees this - how does Astley magically pick one single correct recruitable person in all of game?  Seems... improbable, unless there were breadcrumbs or hints perhaps?  

And what is this about Touhou and bus driving?

##Unvote: Combo Breaker

Worried about extra votes ending day early, I weesh to see what is going on here.

XBox: that is reason I claim other mysterious stuff.  Can semi-prove role related things regarding glorious Soviets as well.  But that on backseat for now, what is Demotivational and Touhou stuff?

Nathan Greaves

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 10, 2010, 12:10:24 AM »
So vat I am curious about ees this - how does Astley magically pick one single correct recruitable person in all of game?  Seems... improbable, unless there were breadcrumbs or hints perhaps?
This is exactly what I was about to bring up. He finds the right guy on Night 1, when there were still 15 other players to choose from? We need clarification from Astley himself.

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 10, 2010, 12:10:51 AM »

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 10, 2010, 12:14:51 AM »

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 10, 2010, 12:16:13 AM »
More irrelevant demotivators!

I'm not full-claiming for numerous reasons, but my Night 2 action can confirm that Touhou targeted Cake. Cake, who was pretty much certainly our vigilante/SK, with Killer Instinct, a Combo-related item being given to Advice Dog and killing him.
The whole story fits pretty damn well, I have to say.

I'm wondering who is confirming these other claims of yours, Soviet. There's only one person who's not yet spoken who I'd be willing to take the word of at the moment, so I'm going to assume whoever can confirm is keeping quiet about it until it's relevant.

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 10, 2010, 12:21:01 AM »

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 10, 2010, 12:23:37 AM »

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 10, 2010, 12:34:56 AM »

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 10, 2010, 12:37:19 AM »

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 10, 2010, 12:45:02 AM »
In Soviet Russia, scum confirm town roleclaims!  Or not.

Possible problem, comrade, is that person who can confirm my rolestuffs not necessarily town.  In light of this and thinking further I'll go ahead and claim.

Someone in thees game, on day 1, started with a power: Leather Jacket Distributor.  Ees essentially role swap, Jacket Distributor target person at night and permanently trade role powers with them.  They become new Jacket Distributor, old jacket distributor get their power.  

Soviets were targeted by this on night 1, lost original power, became jacket distributor.  Original Soviet role now in hands of whoever original jacket person was!  Original Soviet role has not flipped yet, so original jacket distributor ees still alive somewhere and can confirm Soviet claim somewhat.  

Last night, Soviets attempted to use jacket trade on Combo Breaker, since word of Meelhouse confirm Combo Breaker has powerful role and ees scum.  Soviets figure, why not, Roleblock+Rolecop awfully nice thing to have in town hands, jacket trade power (which seem to bring chaos and trouble) will die with Combo Breaker guaranteed lynch, Soviets can claim thees so town is properly informed and does not freak out at sudden soviet roleblocks, work all around.  

Except Soviets wind up roleblocked somehow, so trade not happen.  Soviets still stuck with leather jacket power.  Debating what to do with it tonight, if anytheeng.  But, original jacket trade person still out there, can confirm existence of jacket power and giving it to all wonderful communist state, and ees at least some evidence towards Soviet roleblocking since ees no reason scum hang on to jacket power instead of trade with townie.

Of course, original jacket power holder may well be scum.  So.

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 10, 2010, 12:46:57 AM »

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 10, 2010, 12:50:21 AM »
Well, if you're going to do that...
I am the original jacket power holder. Soviet's description of it is accurate.

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 10, 2010, 12:58:57 AM »

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 10, 2010, 01:01:37 AM »
And, on that note, I'm gonna need some more soon...

...right. That is... wow. I'm not really sure what to say, outside of pretty much confirming you as Town now. (Amazing what difference a day makes, isn't it? >.<)
Right. Until we get some more input, I'm content with lynching Combo today and Touhou tomorrow. For now, though, I'm off, so don't expect input from me for a while. No doubt I'll return to a spam wall of pictures that I'll just lol at and move on. :)
Congrats, though, Combo. At least you're going down in style, and I've not seen some of those pics before!