Author Topic: A memes to an end(Meme Mafia: Game Over)  (Read 117812 times)

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
Re: I meme it this time!(Meme Mafia: Day 3)
« Reply #325 on: March 10, 2010, 01:04:14 AM »
Okay, so let's just get all of this down so no-one gets lost in the midst of all this COMBO BREAKING.

- I got bus drivered/misdirected somehow and ended up sending my copy of Killer Instinct to Advice Dog instead of Combo Breaker. It killed him.
- Rick Astley apparently recruited Bel-Air as a mason via a Writer/Paparazzi link on Night 1. Conveniently this pair also happens to be the two players that public demand seems to want lynched following Combo...
- Demotivational Poster claims to have seen Touhou Hijack target me last night and is accusing her (them?) of being the bus driver.
- Soviet is confirmed as the current owner of a leather jacket (pass on to another player, swap roles) which he got from Xbox.
- And in the midst of all this, Combo has basically decided his only useful scum contribution is to spam the thread and irritate/entertain (Your Milage May Vary) Town mildly before his death.

Think that's everything that's happened so far.

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 10, 2010, 01:09:31 AM »
All the C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER ones are just refashioned from random pics on my comp so they're relevant. Like so!

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 10, 2010, 01:17:32 AM »
So town is all

And scum is all

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 10, 2010, 01:26:55 AM »
In Soviet Russia, red rings Xbox!

Xbox, why did you steal power of communist state?

Also Combo Breaker I think we get it, could you please stop spamming the thread now? 

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Space Cadet Monopoly
« Reply #329 on: March 10, 2010, 01:31:20 AM »
"... well then. Well then. I'm... somewhat floored by the direction this has taken, but okay. Sure. We'll run with this for a moment.

"No roblock, obviously - since it was attached to rolecop they know my role, which... depending on info given to scumsquad, means that it's near-worthless. However, I've got a Cassandra-ish (ish) restriction, so please pardon me if I don't just loosen my tongue just yet. For now, though, I'm presuming that the ability would be a waste of my time, especially since the situation it'd be useful in is unlikely to arise anymore.

"Combo goes down today. Either Astley or Touhou tomorrow, I'm not convinced by the Bel-Air claim and Touhou's got some explainin' to do, which probably means a reread of Touhou posts later on, either today or in a night period. Soviet... isn't cleared quite yet, but I'm willing to buy it; neither is XBox but that can wait as well. The breakdown of XBox was, incidentally, deleted in a fit of annoyance at seeing the day end just as I was working on it, and partially because I was being an indecisive ass anywho.

"The remainder... uh. !cake's explanation, as well as Demotivator's backing, simplifies that immensely. So... breaking things down a bit for my feeble mind...

COMBO BREAKER - Well, geez. I don't know, guyz! Help me out on this one!
Rickroll(Rick Astley) - Leaning scum.
Boxxyel Air - Leaning scum.
TOUHOU HIJACK LOL - Leaning scum, but uncertain.
HUEG LIKE XBOX - Neutral.
OH GOD SHANA IS HOT - Neutral.

"Preferred lynching order at this point, I think? Could be persuaded on any of this, but I'm kneejerking only three remaining scum (metagame: 17 players, 4 scum, 2 potential night kills, means 14/4 day 2, 10/4 day 3, 7/4 day 4 which is LYLO, which feels possible. 5 gets us12/5, 9/5, 6/5 which feels much tighter than perhaps it should. Both examples presume no scum kills, which fortunately isn't the case.)

"What does three remaining scum mean? CCCCC/Rickroll/Boxxyel Air would have to be one set, due to the roleclaim (unless we presume one member is scum and one isn't, but then we deal with the remaining scum outside of the claimed masons and find them out later). Which means if Touhou can't explain/is scum, Astley/Air are cleared... and one of XBox/Shana is scum. Of course, this is so meta it hurts, and we might be dealing with four, but for now I'm presuming that's not the case.

"Double reason why the mason claim doesn't sit well? Rickroll doesn't mention it in his explosion of sorts at Advice Doggy, in which he claims he's as good as dead. So Bel Air sounds like he's trying to salvage the situation, while Rickroll... well, a mason claim might have helped straighten some stuff up and give him some support, but he lashes out while bemoaning he's good as dead while he theoretically is a mason.

"So, yeah. There's my thoughts for now. Any comments?"

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: March 10, 2010, 01:34:03 AM »
Also Combo Breaker I think we get it, could you please stop spamming the thread now? 

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 10, 2010, 01:39:23 AM »
Image of where the people who care live

"Oooh, there's one for me to save. And kinda frankly, we are leaving him hanging (well, we -will- be leaving him hanging, at least). I figure he'll get tired at some point, but asking him to stop seems kinda counterproductive, as nice as it'd be."

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 10, 2010, 01:40:12 AM »
Okay wow, so In response to Russia, I was about to say that I don't think anyone would confirm it, since it almost makes too much sense for scum to have roleblocked him, after getting his power, and figuring that they would target Combo due to his confirmed role, but then the Box comes out and claims.  Planning to relook at everything of Xbox's, but for now I'll be going out with some of my homies, will be back in a bit.

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 10, 2010, 01:41:50 AM »
I don't know why my original model stole workers' means of production, I'm just the replacement. Sorry I can't be more help.

Can the Demotivator really not have realised that switching dog and combo breaker makes perfect sense for a town busdriver, supposing they wanted to, oh I don't know,  make combo breaker be the victim of the scum nightkill? I realise "too stupid to be scum" is a bogus argument, but wow.

Disagree violently with the congratulation of combo breaker. Spamming the thread is not "going down in style" by any means. I am horribly tempted to push for an early lynch just to put a stop to it.
His ninja redoubles that thought. Haven't read all of 2g1c's ninja yet, but it's also favouring lynching touhou? Come on guys.
And double ninja again. Whatever.

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 10, 2010, 01:44:48 AM »
Disagree violently with the congratulation of combo breaker. Spamming the thread is not "going down in style" by any means. I am horribly tempted to push for an early lynch just to put a stop to it.
His ninja redoubles that thought. Haven't read all of 2g1c's ninja yet, but it's also favouring lynching touhou? Come on guys.
And double ninja again. Whatever.

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 10, 2010, 01:49:51 AM »
Town Strategy:

Town Effectiveness:

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 10, 2010, 01:51:27 AM »
"XBox, Touhou is a possibility, and what you just said -did- occur to me. But I wanted to hear Touhou explain it for one, and for two, I favor breaking down Astley/Air first, as stated in my post. Only if that avenue wears out does Touhou go onto the table. Part of it is the stigma of bus driver, which is very often a scum role, that creates this potential. Granted, that's meta, but at this point where roles are going onto the table, meta inevitably creeps in and I feel little shame in invoking it. It doesn't push Touhou ahead of the other two right now, by any means.

"Also in part the previous post was made because attempting to scold him for this isn't gonna get us anywhere, and so we may as well smile and nod politely at the tantrum while going about our own business and generally ignoring it. ...but also because we saved that picture."

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 10, 2010, 01:55:40 AM »
Alternately, in response to Soviet and X-Box

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 10, 2010, 02:00:12 AM »
Tantrum? More like:

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 10, 2010, 02:11:49 AM »
Да , Soviets did not think well, of course replacement not know why original XBox stole means of production.  Soviets quietly gnash teeth if turns out to be scum reason and replacement saving bacon, but that not concern for now. 

No, нет, town bus driver no way in dirty American land is possibility.  Town bus driver would not flip Combo with anyone!  Would redirect vig kills going in Combo's direction!  Ees exactly what happened!  If Touhou is bus driver, is certainly capitalist scum. 

Soviets are thinking remaining scum probably Touhou bus driver and one of Astley/Bel Air pair.  No hard justification, just gut at moment, but can see Touhou scum.  Really just shooting vodka until Touhou arrive, though.

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 10, 2010, 02:13:39 AM »
Town Voting, re: Me

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 10, 2010, 02:16:35 AM »
Careful town, too much:

Leads to

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 10, 2010, 02:19:09 AM »
Town right now:

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 10, 2010, 03:35:08 AM »

So I've been summoned back here, away from my workbench. I was hoping it would be longer before I needed to show up again, as there are still so many other residents of Gensokyo that have not had their chance to appear, but there isn't a lot I can do about that now.

I am a Town Kappa Fanthing~. The ~ is very important, mind you, and Hina would curse me if I forgot to keep it nailed on. Since my species consider humans allies but are scared witless by them all the same, my job is to pick someone each night to fangasm over, following them around, but staying out of their sight, naturally. In your terms, I am a Tracker.

Night 1 I targeted the Box (apparently we're now afraid of boxes as well as humans) and saw him target the Russian. This was a small internal part of my case against him at the time, as I wasn't feeling good about the Box after Day 1 and I thought the Russian didn't look that bad. The post-lolcatflip reread of the girls got me to switch my vote, though, since they ended up looking scummier based on in-game posts (and the Russian wasn't actually decommissioned so it was somewhat possible the Box's night action wasn't inherently malevolent).

Last night I targeted the Cake and saw him target Momizi, which basically settled me in on him being third party. Since there was an emergency in the workshop I didn't bother asking him about it in my first post (and I figured someone else would anyway since everyone saw what happened to Momizi). The claim that he targeted the Breaker and the explanation of his power tells me he's trying to bullshit his way around responsibility for Momizi's death, talking about Bus Drivers and trying to stir up confusion and/or paranoia and/or sympathy and/or townie points for really wanting to kill the confirmed scum, honest! and/or Kanako only knows what else that would help him achieve whatever his victory condition is.

So why target Momizi and not the Breaker, if he's a third party? It's possible he wanted to keep the scales balanced, since one side overwhelming the other too quickly is likely not good for him, and forcing town to lynch the Breaker is one less chance for him to get lynched. There is also another idea I had - Cake claims that he offers trinkets to players and that they have to make the conscious effort to accept them, a mechanic confirmed by Momizi's last post.

This next part is admittedly going down Theory Road, so I'm not 100% positive on it and am open to alternate explanations, but I know what I am and what I've seen.

The specifics of Cake's role, as discussed by Cake himself and implied by Momizi, means that the scum team would have been aware of the action before it took effect, because lolcat had to make the choice to accept it. Think about this from scum's point of view. One of their number gets a mystery trinket, they take it and that member wakes up to being dead. Cake then claims responsibility for the kill later in Day 2, so obviously he knows something about what happened. Given all this, offering a second trinket to another scum - one that knows everyone in the game knows is scum - seems incredibly pointless, because of what happened the first time around. They'd have no motivation to take it. It's a useless gesture, and I think a town Cake would have realized this and targeted someone else he thought was scum on the off-chance that he hits scum again and they think it might have been a coincidence the first time around.

On the subject of Bel Air and the singer, I am inclined to think one is scum but not both; the idea of scum team claiming masons has been discussed to death, even with the suspect nature of how they became allies. I look at Bel Air more, to be honest, as he seems to be trying to pass the cucumber to the singer to avoid taking responsibility for his vote switching.

Not happy with Demote trying to line up lynches here, especially without waiting to hear from all parties involved. This isn't the first time he's been happy to jump to conclusions, either.

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 10, 2010, 03:39:41 AM »

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 10, 2010, 03:47:58 AM »

"Claim conflict, then; this is part of why I didn't follow the line of logic all too terribly, though I confess that with role madness I had been wondering about a busser. And Touhou, I confess I'm -marginally- more willing to trust, though there are a few reservations there. Regardless, CCCC needs to be the first target, and breaking things down can go from there when the field is quieter.

"This being said, I am somewhat weary. I'll address more when I wake, but this creates a few dilemmas, and I'm not quite sure where to go from here. Sleeping on it may be of assistance, so."

EDIT BEFORE POSTING SINCE THE ABOVE IS A BUNCH OF WAGGLYFLUFF: I don't trust Touhou fully for a few reasons (non-role related, mind), will elaborate later. Entirely possible she tells the full truth, but I'm not convinced just yet. Very much want a post before hammer, so do be so kind as to wait on that before ending the day?

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 10, 2010, 03:49:00 AM »

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 10, 2010, 03:52:50 AM »

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 10, 2010, 04:11:04 AM »

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 10, 2010, 06:47:11 AM »
Just while it's on my mind, on Cake's selection-

Sure. Scum already know about Cake's condition.

But if that's the case, why would he target advice dog- and give it away to everyone because he can speak at night? If he was an SK he'd be far better off concealing his power rather than letting everyone know it exists, town and scum. On the rolegame alone, a bus looks more likely (and if cake is town then what else is he going to do, anyway? >_>)