Author Topic: A memes to an end(Meme Mafia: Game Over)  (Read 117658 times)

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: I meme it this time!(Meme Mafia: Day 3)
« Reply #350 on: March 10, 2010, 07:08:13 AM »

Now I know you guys like learning things, so I've prepared a special history lesson just for town today!

THE HISTORY OF THE MONORAIL CAT

The proud history of the Monorail Cat dates back to 1844, when the first prototype model, or "Peaches" as it was known, was built in Spokane, Washington.

It was a huge success, leading to new types once the production got underway, such as this cold weather model:

After the deadly crash of 1907 in Butte, Utah that killed 123 people, a lot of work was put into a new emergency braking system, detailed here:

In 1927, New York City finally implemented it's first Monorail Cat Subway after many years of delays.

Unfortunately, 1982 proved to be a bad year for the Monorail Cat once the World's Fair in Knoxville, Tennesee unveiled the latest upgrade in cat technology:

I hope you enjoyed this lesson! Try again, starting from your last save point!

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 10, 2010, 07:19:56 AM »

Like I said, I think he would have targeted someone else he thought was scum. Or possibly not used it at all, though this is far less likely simply because, as useless a gesture as testing the Breaker would be, it would still have a higher chance of success than doing nothing.

I don't think the fact that Momizi could talk at night made a difference, as I imagine people would have questioned the kills anyway and he would have had to own up to it eventually. I will admit, however, that I didn't stop to think why Momizi as opposed to a handful of other potential targets. I chalk this up to putting so much faith in my printouts.

If we are indeed dealing with a Bus Driver, all sensors point me to Demote for pretty obvious reasons.

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 10, 2010, 07:31:50 AM »
Summary of town so far:

Touhou:

Shana:

2Girls1Cup:

Soviet:

X-Box:

All Your Base:

Rickroll:

Bel Air:

Demotivational:

C-C-COMBO BREAKER:

In Short:

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 10, 2010, 07:33:19 AM »

Yeah, the more I think about it, the less sense a conscious Momizi kill makes for Third Party Cake, mostly for the sheer amount of negative attention it would draw.

Color me convinced by the Bus Driver explanation, and thereby convinced of Demote being scum. This would certainly explain his attempt to line my lynch up.

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 10, 2010, 07:35:58 AM »

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 10, 2010, 08:04:38 AM »
In Soviet Russia, bus drives you!

Bus driver of some sort at work seem very probable.  Copy of Killer Instinct, obviously chosen to be appropriate for Combo Breaker.  Hard to imagine serial killer Cake intentionally mismatching item in order to set up claim of being bus driven - what advantage setting up claim give Cake, besides expose to risk of being called on lie?  Inclined to say Cake is town, and bus driver one of Demotivational Poster or Hijack of Touhou.  Fortunately we have night to sort out, after lynch Breaker of Combo.

Speaking of which, Soviets busy nearly all day tomorrow, so will put vote back on now.  Weel probably deliver role swap jacket to someone tonight, as heads up, unless there are reasons not to?  On further thought seems sort of like ghetto rolecop, at least - can see if someone telling truth about role at least. 

Also, eet come to mind that serial killer rather unlikely for game where jacket distribution being passed around - what happen if try to pass jacket to killer?  Alignment swap almost certainly not happen, and if jacket fail or killer have other power that is traded, seem very easy to figure out. 

##Vote: Combo Breaker

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 10, 2010, 08:12:09 AM »
Finally voting for me?

Careful though, Kitty will be watching you at night!

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 10, 2010, 08:31:40 AM »
Ending the day now still seems a bit premature, Comrad.  We still have over fifty hours left in the day, and there's still things to discuss.  I mean, hell, weren't you one of the people with questions for me (granted, unlike my alter ego, I think the night is pretty damn safe for me).

Anyways, to start, yeah.  I'll confirm Box-Air as a fellow Mason.  Sadly, it turns out that how I picked him out amounted to one hell of a lucky guess, since the clue he dropped was, well...  not what I was looking for.  But, he was the only person who even remotely dropped something like what the hint I was looking for was, so it all worked out.  Granted, I also got heavily warned that he's not to be trusted, so hey, there's a reason I wasn't so keen on advertising.  It was pretty obvious that we were going to draw fire if public, didn't have the confirmed thing to protect either one of us if lynched (on the other hand, lynching one of us tells you guys jack all since, hey, not confirmed.  I'm not sure this is an upside), and honestly, I personally am not sure I trust him yet.  Especially with how quick he was to trust us.

Granted, he can confirm the other odd thing about my position.  Namely, unlike the girls, who share a cup between them, we've got two posters and one account.  I got Day 1, he got Day 2, and now we're merged into some kind of ass-kicking blob.  I hope.  >_>  So, I leave Day 2 questions to my little buddy.  One thing I can answer is that he did apparently talk Bel-Air into going for the Ruskies, which is a crying shame, but there you have it.

Now, on to recent events.  We've certainly trainwrecked in awesome fashion.  I think we can all agree that !Cake isn't scum now, though not sure I buy the Towniness.  What I find more interesting is that, if Demo isn't lying, then Touhou can't be a busser.  Targetting the wrong person.  I think the proper term would be hijack in this case.  Which, I definately find to be an interesting idea.

However, I do have some questions first, for Demo, actually.  Let's start off by looking at this post.  You said you felt you had wasted your action.  So, a) Why did you not try to change it?  It's too late to ask, but our mod doesn't seem the type to hold you to one choice if you haven't receiver results yet.  b) Why did you feel it was wasted?  And that leads to c) Who did you target?

Yeah, I know, digging and all that.  But I think these questions are relevant enough, especially now that it seems likely that either you or Touhou is lying.

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 10, 2010, 08:38:48 AM »
Townies fighting!??!

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 10, 2010, 08:49:43 AM »
I think it's really unlikely demotivational would make a play like this as scum, it pretty much locks in the lynch of either himself or Touhou- and trading one townie for one scum is so rarely a good deal, 'specially since Combo's on the way out. That's three scum in at the most five days, which is pretty terribad (and it might've been better for scum if they thought an SK was still running around pruning numbers, but well that seems unlikely now so yeah.)

Basically it's a terrible gambit if that's what it is, he is bound to be caught and lynched if he is lying, and thus I will assume he is not and that Touhou's probably the driver in question here.

Astley: Mod said that once you send actions via PM they're locked in. I think there is no point in further questioning people on roles at this time, since most of the details are actually irrelevant in the scheme of things.

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: March 10, 2010, 08:53:34 AM »
Shana!

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 10, 2010, 09:07:35 AM »
Damn, how could I have been blind enough to miss that.  You're right, PMs lock stuff in.

That said...  as much as I hate to say it, there's one thing we both missed.  Namely, what Demo's said has been confirmed.  I mean, regardless of Touhou's status, Touhou has stated that they did visit !Cake.  And that's all that Demo claimed.  There is something I'm looking for there, but it's really more curiosity about Touhou at this point than about Demo.

The more I think on it...  I don't think it rules him out as scum, though it does make things more, complicated.  There's also a few things about how their stories mix and match that seem odd.  Yes, I know my language is vague, but, I can't really get any clearer right now, also for a few reasons.

There's also the option that both of them are telling the truth, which...  also leads us to WIFOM about whether or not !Cake is incomprehensible third party, or there's a busser completely unrelated to the two of them.

Hmm...  Touhou?  Here's a question for you.  If you say that Demo is a busser, then how did he know you targetted Cake?  In fact, how does his knowing you did something you confirmed you did make him look bad?

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 10, 2010, 09:17:11 AM »
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

Damn, how could I have been blind enough to miss that.  You're right, PMs lock stuff in.

That said...  as much as I hate to say it, there's one thing we both missed.  Namely, what Demo's said has been confirmed.  I mean, regardless of Touhou's status, Touhou has stated that they did visit !Cake.  And that's all that Demo claimed.  There is something I'm looking for there, but it's really more curiosity about Touhou at this point than about Demo.

The more I think on it...  I don't think it rules him out as scum, though it does make things more, complicated.  There's also a few things about how their stories mix and match that seem odd.  Yes, I know my language is vague, but, I can't really get any clearer right now, also for a few reasons.

There's also the option that both of them are telling the truth, which...  also leads us to WIFOM about whether or not !Cake is incomprehensible third party, or there's a busser completely unrelated to the two of them.

Hmm...  Touhou?  Here's a question for you.  If you say that Demo is a busser, then how did he know you targetted Cake?  In fact, how does his knowing you did something you confirmed you did make him look bad?
Damn, how could I have been blind enough to miss that.  You're right, PMs lock stuff in.

That said...  as much as I hate to say it, there's one thing we both missed.  Namely, what Demo's said has been confirmed.  I mean, regardless of Touhou's status, Touhou has stated that they did visit !Cake.  And that's all that Demo claimed.  There is something I'm looking for there, but it's really more curiosity about Touhou at this point than about Demo.

The more I think on it...  I don't think it rules him out as scum, though it does make things more, complicated.  There's also a few things about how their stories mix and match that seem odd.  Yes, I know my language is vague, but, I can't really get any clearer right now, also for a few reasons.

There's also the option that both of them are telling the truth, which...  also leads us to WIFOM about whether or not !Cake is incomprehensible third party, or there's a busser completely unrelated to the two of them.

Hmm...  Touhou?  Here's a question for you.  If you say that Demo is a busser, then how did he know you targetted Cake?  In fact, how does his knowing you did something you confirmed you did make him look bad?
Damn, how could I have been blind enough to miss that.  You're right, PMs lock stuff in.

That said...  as much as I hate to say it, there's one thing we both missed.  Namely, what Demo's said has been confirmed.  I mean, regardless of Touhou's status, Touhou has stated that they did visit !Cake.  And that's all that Demo claimed.  There is something I'm looking for there, but it's really more curiosity about Touhou at this point than about Demo.

The more I think on it...  I don't think it rules him out as scum, though it does make things more, complicated.  There's also a few things about how their stories mix and match that seem odd.  Yes, I know my language is vague, but, I can't really get any clearer right now, also for a few reasons.

There's also the option that both of them are telling the truth, which...  also leads us to WIFOM about whether or not !Cake is incomprehensible third party, or there's a busser completely unrelated to the two of them.

Hmm...  Touhou?  Here's a question for you.  If you say that Demo is a busser, then how did he know you targetted Cake?  In fact, how does his knowing you did something you confirmed you did make him look bad?

##VOTE: COMBO BREAKER

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 10, 2010, 09:19:05 AM »
Whoever said I would get tired of this was nuts. Like this guy:

But we know he's totally:

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 10, 2010, 09:46:13 AM »
Random thought I had.  Touhou, why did you decide to watch one of the most visible roles in the game?  I mean, granted, a better choice than anyone else we had in the open, but that still left 10 people for you to chose, several of whom had to look worse than !Cake.  So...  why watch the Vig?  It makes no sense to me.

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 10, 2010, 09:52:42 AM »
WHY DID YOU WATCH THE VIG?

HOW MANY LICKS DOES IT TAKE TO GET TO THE CENTER OF A TOOTSIE POP?

WHO IS ERIC CARTMAN'S FATHER?

WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

These questions and more are what we try to answer here.

Tonight's episode:

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 10, 2010, 11:30:05 AM »
About all I can offer to the kappa is that I definitely targeted Combo Breaker last night. Why else would I have offered a copy of Killer Instinct?

As for the question of why I tried to kill scum after lolcats, there were two possibilities I wanted to try and make something out of.
1. lolcat didn't have the time/patience to mention his gift before the end of the day.
2. Scum assumed it was a hidden power given that the gifts they were getting were unusually specific to their character, and that lolcat getting hit that night was just coincidence.

Unlikely, perhaps, but I figured that if it was a choice between 'Combo accepts and dies' and 'Combo refuses and nothing happens', there was nothing to lose. Of course, I didn't factor in the bus driver. >_>

Not sure where I stand on Kappa Hijack now. There's almost definitely scum between her and Demotivator, whose response to the claim I want to see.

Rick and Bel-Air...are sharing an account now? Seems rather big, but 2g1c made a pretty strong point earlier in 'why didn't Rick bother to mention that?'
Except, apparently, it was Bel-Air posting under Rick's account at the time, and - you know what, I'm confused now.

Has anyone seen any sign of AYB recently? I don't recall him posting all day.

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 10, 2010, 11:33:11 AM »
TOUHOOOOOOOOOOOOU!

However, I do have some questions first, for Demo, actually.  Let's start off by looking at this post.  You said you felt you had wasted your action.  So, a) Why did you not try to change it?  It's too late to ask, but our mod doesn't seem the type to hold you to one choice if you haven't receiver results yet.  b) Why did you feel it was wasted?  And that leads to c) Who did you target?

Alright, guess I'll give the whole lot away. I felt I'd wasted my action because Advice Dog was killed, and not Cake. I figured one of those would die, so I decided to watch one of them, and eventually decided on Cake. When Advice Dog died, I figured I'd missed my chance at finding a killer, until Cake claimed to target Combo with Killer Instinct. Nobody else targeted Cake, which is what makes me certain that Touhou is our hijacker. (And yes, I did mix up Hijacker with Bus Driver. Hadn't heard the term Hijacker until Astley mentioned it, unfortunately.)
Point is, there's absolutely no way that me, Touhou and Cake are telling the truth. I know I'm Town, I was already more convinced by Cake than Touhou, and Cake's story makes a lot of sense. So I'm definitely going to be pushing for a Touhou lynch tomorrow.

I'm not entirely sure why Touhou feels the need to confirm my claim while accusing me of lying, unless it's for fear of another Watcher/Tracker.

Cake Ninja: Yeah, don't recall anything from AYB either, although vision might be c-c-c-clouded. I think the implication was that Rick has two players, not that Bel Air was Rick #2. And the rest is above.

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 10, 2010, 01:26:24 PM »
As far as I'm concerned today and tomorrow are pretty much on autopilot due to role shenanigans, so I will have little to argue with regards to the lynches save some pretty simple logic that anyone can see. I think AYB looks better for voting combo during clutch, I'm no longer sure on Russia buuut being the runnerup on a scum vs. town fight yesterday makes him look a lot better.

Bel-air vs. Astley, we've had a game recently where unconfirmed masons pretty much lead to town defeat, the blaiseness is honestly shocking. Bel-Air has barely been playing, switching around on lynch between combo and russia at the end makes me very suspicious. Will be considering a Bel-Air lynch (and an astley lynch really, but I doubt both are scum cooking up a gambit, and bel-air seems more likely to me.)

2g1c was roleblocked and being roleblocked in this game seems like a pretty clear townie indicator, so nothing else to say here.

XBoX I recall had some pretty bizzare things to say day2, particularly that crap on 'those guys are looking super townie, but we need to be suspicious of them anyway!!1' and a vauge suspicion that as a replacement in, he tagged onto russia because it was the happening lynch. Would consider lynching him, will be considering masons first.

Lynching Combo today and Touhou (omg shiki why T_T) tomorrow is my agenda, if it needs restating. Can we lynch combo now? What? AYB hasn't posted? Then I guess we shouldn't.

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Moon Base Shenanigans (BUUUUURP, Mimicking Xanth)
« Reply #370 on: March 10, 2010, 02:28:16 PM »
"Okay. I've got three things I want to say right now, before the lynch goes on; I'd like all three to be answered before CCCC dies, so if we could hold off on the lynch right now, that'd be splendid.

"First order of business. TOUHOU HIJACK LOL, all other presumptions being made (survival, etc.,), I want -you- to declare your Tracker results -first- tomorrow. Yes, this means no one else should state their night actions until Touhou does. I'm going to wait on explaining this for a bit, but the basic intent is not that difficult. Yes, I have concerns asking this, what with a possible Hijacker out of you/Demotive/other lurkerish people, but this should give us a chance for greater clarification, which is badly needed at this point.

"Second order of business. Shiki, mayhaps I missed it, but I just read the post and your previous one a few times, so forgive me for doing to you what you did to me: I cannot see your reasoning for Touhou > Demotivator at this point. Care to clarify?

"Third. Rick Astley. Please confirm that your role/account has been controlled by -two separate people-, one of whom is you D1/3, and one of whom was D2 Astley, and furthermore please confirm that this was an innate function of your role and not something that suddenly happened day 2. Also, elaborate on if it was Bel-Air or not. This is somewhat important, and I'd like this to be out-and-out stated for my simple little girl brain before I continue sifting through the data.

"Will be back a bit later, hoping for some answers in this time but I'm not holding my breath, this is a dead time of the day."

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 10, 2010, 02:31:57 PM »
"EBWOP: I think I see where Shiki/Shana is coming from, but please just post it, again, for my little girl brain. I like more explanation.

"And again, please, people, do not hammer for a while longer yet; I'd like these questions answered."

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 10, 2010, 02:33:11 PM »
Russia points out that a town busdriver wouldn't want to redirect the vig kill onto dog. Yes, but it would be quite reasonable to assume cake was going to be roleblocked, in which case dog<->C-C-C-C is perfectly sensible. In fact I honestly can't think of a better pairing for a townie busdriver to choose.
So given that, the hijack could have got away with going along with the demotivator and claiming townie busdriver. Claiming tracker instead looks like it would be a poor scum move, though obviously that's very WIFOMy.

Disagree with touhou's theory saying C-C-C-C is a poor cake target. Throwing it at the confirmed scum and hoping he accepts is a perfectly reasonable town strategy. Targeting someone who isn't confirmed scum on the hopes that since they don't know you know they're scum they're more likely to accept... not worth it in my book, when weighed against the risk of hitting town.

EDIT EDIT Stupid terminology confusion. This probably affects my last several posts; I've been assuming the demotivator was claiming there was a busdriver, not a hijacker, due to, well, him saying "busdriver". Will post this now (lunchbreak ending) and do new reasoning when I get home tonight.

As Astley said, even assuming truthful town cake and truthful town touhou (which requires the busdriver's power to also affect what the tracker sees, but that's by no means impossible), I don't see why demotivate must be scum. Stupid, yes, to think that what he's seen implies what he's claimed it does - but what he actually claimed to have seen (rather than what he inferred from it) seems to be true. But there's an important question that needs answering here: Demotivator, why did you ever think that Touhou targeting Cake proves it must be hijacker? Why were you sure we were looking at a hijacker rather than a busdriver - who, as Astley says, would have been targetting Dog and C-C-C-C and not Cake.

Doubleninja only skimmed, don't think it changes anything I've said.

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 10, 2010, 02:56:34 PM »
More posts? Only more to C-C-C-COMBO BREAK, my dear!

By the way, Killer Instinct sux. You should have offered...

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 10, 2010, 03:20:37 PM »
Finally relevant again. Figured I'd be needing this early on today in self-reference, but the day's gone relatively well, so using it now.

Demotivator, why did you ever think that Touhou targeting Cake proves it must be hijacker? Why were you sure we were looking at a hijacker rather than a busdriver - who, as Astley says, would have been targetting Dog and C-C-C-C and not Cake.
Ggh. I'll admit, I didn't consider that one, having not come across the role in practice before (hence the earlier confusion with the names).

In which case, seconding 2g1c on Touhou stating their target before anyone else. That'll pretty much clear things up as far as Hijacker/Bus Driver goes, unless they a) get damn lucky, or b) are scum fake-targeting scum.

(Anyone mind me trying to direct Combo's posts a little? I'm getting tired of the same damn pics and want to see some original posts, since we'll have to tolerate them either way.)