Author Topic: A memes to an end(Meme Mafia: Game Over)  (Read 117772 times)

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Say It Like You Meme It(Meme Mafia: Day 1)
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2010, 03:17:21 AM »
This is moar like it.  Much more convo to go over now. 

Zerg: Still having trouble reading your posts for content with the flavor making it hard to decipher, but much better.  Thanks.

Lurking: I belong to the club that finds it bad behavior, but not scummy.  Real life happens to scum and town alike.  Just because someone lurks is not a tell of either sort.  Now, having said that, just because it's not scummy behavior doesn't mean that I think they should get free passes.  They should be pushed to provide content when they do post and to post as often as possible.  In the grand scheme of things, I find voting and hunting lurkers to be preferable to taking shots entirely in the dark, but always as a secondary to going after scum.  If I think someone is scum or I even just have a feeling that they're off in some way, I'll always go for them rather than lurkers.  Barring any feelings of scumminess, though, lurkers are just as valid a target as any other when no one stands out.  Luckily, I'm not having this problem right now as I do find someone rather suspicious.

Russia:  A joke is one thing, but any assumption that taking away town's ability to lynch helps anyone other than the scum is frutiloops.  I'd love to see the logic behind how a percentage chance to hit scum is less helpful than the certainty of not.  Personally, I'd rather try to take them out than give them a day free.  My vote stays where it is.  I can't see any reason that not lynching would help us and with you advocating that, I think if you're not scum, you're doing a fine job of impersonating one.

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2010, 03:21:49 AM »
Quote from: base
I am not sure why "oh look these guys are DOING STUFF!" is somehow bad, at all? That makes no sense.

You are rehashing events in the game without attributing any real significance to them, ergo you are reporting, which is scummy as it is generally an effective means of looking like you're saying something important without actually doing so. Specifically, this is the 'reporting' part-

Quote from: base
Contributions from Milhouse! Good ones! Contributions from Aperture Science Labs! Ones for which I must question what our fellow malevolent, misanthropic AI means by cake crumbs for posting something useful.

And of course, there are the lurkers, who all need to post, and the sooner the better.

Right. On the other hand, I agree with you on 9000 now. "There is never anything wrong with voting for someone who is not posting" is a goddamn lie out of him. On day one it's a stupid cheap trick that allows you to assume a default position on the grounds of some myth that everyone who doesn't post is scum. LaL is not effective on day one on it's lonesome. It can be effective if one observes that what someone has posted is suboptimal, but alone? Too many potential mitigating factors. Never mind that the scenario for these kind of votes generally goes like that

-Player A: "Player B isn't posting! VOTE"
-Player B: "posts anything"
-Player A: "Right, Player B has posted, so I can drop this now."

The reason it can be dropped so easily is because there was no basis in the first place.

So no, you aren't allowed to escape on that. Assume lurkers do not exist at the moment, and talk/vote for other people who are doing things. LaL can be instituted later. ##Unvote, ##Vote: 9000

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2010, 03:26:18 AM »
"Christ, still hungover. Hazel woke me up and then went to get some food, so I'm catching up... and... uh, wow. W-o-w.

"First, to cover basics; I think the response to Rick's post justifies it, yes, though Hazel left a note next to it saying 'WORK ON SYNTAX ROLLRICKER, LOL' and a frowny face. Irregardless."

##UNVOTE: Rick Astley. "Thank you for your prompt response. If ever you're looking for a good dom, I'd not mind being the first to rock your rolls.

"To the bookworm... ah. 'WTF R LAGOMORF, STOOPID BOOKWORM' and another frowny face. Irrelevant, I'm afraid. However, there are more pressing matters, and I've gotten into my getup to address them... Properly."

"That's better. Anyways! SLAVE X>9000. You beg and whimper at town's feet! Crying and cawing, suggesting vague fantasies while hesitating to commit - and when you do, it is on a silent scoundrel too afraid to even crawl forth! Such behavior is below even a slave, below even furniture! And yet you fail to be the worst of the lot! Fear not, worm, for we shall deal with you soon!

"Because...

"Oh, geez, I can't keep this up while looking at this. Russia? Seriously? You're going to advocate nolynch? As much as this is easy prey for scum to jump on, and that's possibly what's happening... no lynch? We have multiple lurkers, a few different suspicious individuals to deal with, and you're sitting here piping no lynch?

##VOTE: In Soviet Russia

"I confess that trying to pick through these posts is hurting my head - well, that and the hangover - but I just can't read half of this. Hazel left a bunch of sticky notes complaining about it, too. If 9000 seems to be the lynch target, it has my support and I'll leave my own note to make sure Hazel switches to them if In Soviet Russia bombs out. Concerns about a Jester may be applicable here, sadly.

"Ninja'd by lolcats. No real objection to the post there. Will respond more to more posts when I can, uh, coherently think through them, but Russia is blazing red sirens at this point. Also want to hear the lurkers pipe up. 24 hours is understandable - beyond that? Querulous. I do not quite agree that time alone is no signal - if someone is attempting to spend as little time posting as possible, or seems to be doing so, their content would need to be heavenly manna to be passable."

"Double ninja'd, Shiki, vote for 9000, can't blame her. Him? Whichever. Regardless, mainly on Russia because, uh, no lynch as elaborated by others is stupid and I'm not having that and oh god my stomach hate hangovers"

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2010, 03:34:59 AM »
Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I turned out this way.

Anyways, this is mod approved I was just posing as boxxy initially because I thought it would be more fun to surprise people with the initial bel air, avatar is now changed to reflect this.

There seems to be a couple of guys, who are up to no good, starting to make trouble in our neighborhood.  I don't like the soviets post at all.  It's been said, but I feel the need to reiterate it, not lynching deprives us of information.  Also has been said, the mod told us not to assume anything about the roles, and when we signed up even though this is a role madness game, we were told that not all roles would be inherently useful.  Refusing to lynch deprives the people who may potentially have no real use to their role of their only power.  Sure it may give individuals information, but what of the next day, how do the individuals distribute this to the collective without giving away their powers and making themselves vulnerable, whilst meanwhile scum would be able to share any info they receive AND kill on of us.  I can in no way see how this stance would be beneficial to town, and am very curious as to whether still stick by that stance.

I find Yo Dawgs copy pasta off of himself strange, and generally want to here more from him as that stunt is not sitting well with me at the moment.

Over 9000 strikes me as trying really hard to make himself look decent without actually attempting to make a legitimate case, I would like to see him do more then just defend himself and attack lurkers.  Though right now the Soviets just do not sit well with me at all, and I'm not so willing to go "it's so bad him can't be scum," since that is a rather lackluster thing to assume.

##Unvote: Over 9000
##Vote: In Soviet Russia

Ninjad by 2g1c, not much new to say

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2010, 04:11:47 AM »

Ara ara, the prince of freshness has pulled a trolling switch even worthy of someone like myself! Well done, little one. Ah, to be young and human~~

Previous opinions from my fair land may have put Soviet Russia at higher priority than Over 9000, but I must disagree, given recent developments. Sakuya's a nice girl, but there's only so much in the way of thinking that you can expect from one that opens windows in outer space. I hold that both are bad but Over 9000 is worse. Soviet Russia is pushing an unpopular, anti-town opinion, yes. How scummy is this particular opinion, however? Of that I am not as sure. In particular, I am not sure what scum would hope to gain from pushing such a stance as much as he has. Over 9000, on the other hand, holds that applying pressure during the joke vote phase is bad (and he holds this as if most of the pressure on Zerg Rush came from joke votes, which it very notably did not) and, as The Cake Is A Lie also seems to believe, that people should not be pushed path a certain threshold for...reasons I cannot easily discern. I also question the pursuit of lurkers at this point, as have most other people. Over 9000, you claim that lurker prodding is "the best best" - are you seriously saying that you have seen absolutely nothing else voteworthy today? Your stances throughout the day seem to indicate two things; unwillingness/inability to form a decent case (as demonstrated by the lurker vote), and desire for madcappery at the end of the day when there is a sudden rush of vote changing to make sure an individual is lynched (as demonstrated by resisting the idea of pushing any player "too high too soon").

Declaring desire and intent to vote Over 9000 over Soviet Russia should time become scarce, but I am still satisfied with Gensokyo's vote laying on The Cake Is A Lie for the time being.

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2010, 04:48:33 AM »
##отменять повторным голосованием: No Lynch
##голосование: Over 9000

(##Unvote: No Lynch
##Vote: Over 9000)

In Soviet Russia, no lynch lynches you!

Young woman in Moscow gets job, babysitting beautiful baby comrades while parents go out for vodka.  She arrives for job, house looks normal, except that statue of Lenin in corner looks very lifelike.  Parents call halfway through evening, after children in bed, and babysitter answers phone.

"Да," she says, "everything is fine, children very happy, except that statue of Lenin looks very lifelike.  Is very reassuring for father of Party to be watching house, always grinning!"

"What!" parents cry.  "We have no statue of Lenin!"

Babysitter gasps, and dials police!

KGB arrive and congratulate Lenin impersonator for job well done, setting good example for children, then arrest parents when they return for not having statue of glorious father in house.

Such is life in Moscow. 

Glorious comrades, learn lesson!  In this analogy, I am Lenin impersonator in corner, you are babysitter.  Over 9000 is deadbeat parents with no respect for Marxist values.  No Lynch not best strategy, but provides good conversation fodder, gets people out of jokevotes and lurker prods.  Is good for attention to be devoted towards true anti-state ideals!

Over 9000 on other hand, pays lip service to communism but suggests capitalist value system, day 1 lurker prods, no pressure during joke vote phase, no lynch trains.  Over 9000 is TRUE supporter of no lynch here.  Yukari speak truth like Japanese ninja, eliminating border between rich and poor.

Tron Bonne

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2010, 05:09:19 AM »

Hoo boy (I solely picked that image because of the horrible Milhouseface on it).

This is so gonna be an ugly day 2 to look forward to. Right now, as far as I see, we've got two plausible lynch cases: Over 9 inches and Soviet Communism. But, in fact, looking at the straight stuff we have right now, loltouhou has a point: advocating a non-lynch in a serious manner is so mindblowingly retarded in a Mafia environment that I'd have to wonder if scum would -ever- resort to that outside of generating hilarious WIFOM, and that's not a line of thought I want to entertain, let alone in day 1. 9.1 Inches, on the other hand, managed to earn negative brownie points in the wilderness for the generally unhelpful and just a bit too non-committal approach he's taken so far - particularly on his last post - just pushing for the safest link around and trying to just stay entirely away. Not using your vote is one thing, but the way he managed to dance around with the votelessness -and- then prodded into a safeguard stance by making a meaningless lurker call sorta raise heckles. Which one of these approaches would I find actually scummy? 9.1, for sure. So, I think this is enough for me to switch:

##UNVOTE: Soviet Russia
##VOTE: Over 9000

-This said-, I'm not particularly happy with Boxxy Air either, who just seemed to jump happily into an easy lynch case. Soviet Russia is obviously looking to save his own bacon here, which also doesn't earn him any favors in a vacuum, but that this attitude alone, in the heat of a lynch rush, isn't a tell one way or another. So, the one that I feel to be scummier it is.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2010, 05:21:09 AM »
OH GOD VOTECOUNT IS HOT!

VOTECOUNT
Zerg Rush: (1) - Over 9000, Advice Dog, Touhou Hijacker, Demotivator, O R'LYEH!?
OVER 9000: (9008) - Touhou Hijacker, Boxxy/Bel Air, Hueg Like XBOX, Advice Dog, The Cake is a Lie, Zerg Rush, All Your Base, Shana, Soviet Russia, Milhouse
OH GOD SHANA IS HOT (0) - Zerg Rush
Touhou Hijack LOL (0) - The Cake is a Lie, 2girls1cup, Shana
Advice Dog: (0) - Advice Dog, lolcat, Zerg Rush
lolcat: (0)- Demotivator
Hueg Like XBOX: (0) - Rick Astley
All Your Base: (0) - C-C-Combo Breaker, Shana,
COMBO BREAKER: (0) - All Your Base
Soviet Russia: (5) -  Milhouse, Yo Dawg, Rick Astley, lolcat, 2girls1cup, Bel Air
Rick Astley: (0) - 2girls1cup
The Cake is a Lie: (1) - Shana, Touhou Hijacker
Yo Dawg: (2) - All Your Base, Demotivator, COMBO BREAKER
Boxxy/Bel Air: (1) - Over 9000
No lynch: (0) - Soviet Russia

Some whole bunch of hours remain in day 1. With 17 active memes, it takes 9 votes to axe someone in the face.

Over 9000 is at A-1!
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2010, 05:40:33 AM »
So O9K is at L-1?  Well, that'll teach me to go grab dinner and then tuck all the various kittens to bed when there is Serius Bsns Mafia going on.

Russia makes a good point, his advocation for No Lynch is definately generating talk.  But herein I disagree with Milhouse.  If YOU know that saying No Lynch is bad play that scum wouldn't do cause it was obvious, I know it and most likely everyone else here playing it knows it, why wouldn't scum say it?  Much like lurking is not inherantly scummy, saying No Lynch is Good can be misguided townie (or townie trying to start a convo as Russia suggests he's doing), or scum trying to get a convo going while knowing that 'scum wouldn't be this stupid' should pull his tail out of the fire before the scorch marks get too bad.  No Lynch is actively unhelpful to town and thus helps scum.  My vote stays.

Now, in regards to the train on O9K there, I can definately see the point being made.  Even if the stand you take turns out to be wrong, at least be a Tomkat and take a stand.  Being indecisive does not help town.  If we need to make a lynch, I would feel comfortable moving my vote, but for now I think Russia to be a less helpful player and thus more likely to be scum so no vote move right now.  We still have some time in Day 1 if anyone wants to say something else, so I'm not really seeing any reason to jump into day end here with a few players having less than ideal postings so far.  I know D1 is something of a dice roll for info, but if anyone thinks we can wring some more out of it, I'm all fuzzy ears.

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2010, 05:42:11 AM »
Yo dawg, I heard you like posting outside of my timezone, so I made a macro-image post when I didn't have time for content, so I wouldn't be modkilled while I was away.

I am now pondering this thread.

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2010, 06:40:11 AM »

Whoa, you lot fixing to ship me a new soul already? There's still some time to talk things through, you know. Guy's scummy, yes, but there's no need to rush THIS much. Besides, I have a very busy schedule full of breaks, naps and meals for the forseeable future, so the earliest I'd be able to ferry him across the Sanzu would be...what's today, Wednesday? Umm...I have an opening in 2035. I could pencil him in for then if you like.

The Ruskie looks like he's trying to claim credit for prompting discussion and ferrying folks along through the joke vote phase. The sea is a harsh and fickle mistress, Comrade, and storms don't need help from individual sailors to pass! You trying to claim credit for that sort of thing doesn't help you at all. "I did it to start discussion" is not a valid excuse for anti-town behavior.

Milhouse, you sure you're not blinded by a saltwater spray or something? You didn't even appear to notice you were putting the guy so close to lynch! Normally I wouldn't be too concerned with dragging someone so close to being pushed overboard, but this crew has a recent history of ninja hammers, so I'm a little wary of L-1 all the same.

That's enough words for now, I gotta go back to my nap. Please don't tell Eiki-sama what I'm doing! <3

Tron Bonne

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2010, 06:56:24 AM »
Milhouse, you sure you're not blinded by a saltwater spray or something? You didn't even appear to notice you were putting the guy so close to lynch! Normally I wouldn't be too concerned with dragging someone so close to being pushed overboard, but this crew has a recent history of ninja hammers, so I'm a little wary of L-1 all the same.

I... actually didn't notice, no (I've been sleepy for the last three hours). It only hit me -after- the more recent posts came up. I don't mind the idea of unvoting him just to keep the lynch a bit away for a bit longer in a vacuum, but I still feel perfectly content with the idea of him going down today. I suspect that, at this point, whoever wants to ninjahammer him will do so (we have two lurkers, after all, and we have no idea what will Yo Dawg do), but given how a bit of breathing room doesn't hurt either, I'll do a switch - at least for the moment:

##UNVOTE: Over 9000
##VOTE: Soviet Russia

The vote switch is mostly to note I'm perfectly content with lynching Soviet Russia today as well, given the increasingly sketchy history going on here. But yeah, -2 to hammer now, hopefully this helps in not ending the day too abruptly.

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2010, 07:06:58 AM »

Sorry about earlier, didn't have time to post properly this morning, but didn't want to be AWOL for almost 24 hours either. Anyway, dropping flavor to post opinions on a couple of the people that jumped out at me after catching up:

The only person looking good right now is Advice Dog. Yo dawg.

Soviet Russia hasn't done itself any favors. I don't buy into the "generating discussion" thing that late into day 1. Could be a jester though ~_~
I also don't like lolcat's WIFOM support of Russia, but aside from that lolcat hasn't been terrible.
Boxy Air looks to be trying to get by on minimal content. Unhappy about this.
2girls achieves the same thing whilst looking like they post a lot. Which is more dangerous. It's hard to pick out the points in the conversations.
Zerg is weird, not sure if the vote on Dawg is as bad as others make it though.

As for Over 9000... the early no vote looked suspicious and all, but the descent into LAL looked worse to me.

Uh, Millhouse, you're afraid of a ninja hammer? On this guy?
Y'know, if scum ninja-hammered the guy we suspect to be scum, then that would be pretty awesome. Why are you afraid of this :\
Going to take a closer look at Millhouse.

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2010, 07:16:31 AM »
I also don't like lolcat's WIFOM support of Russia, but aside from that lolcat hasn't been terrible.

I think you confused me on this one, Dawg.  I said that Russia advocating No Lynch was WIFOM as to whether he was a scum or a townie as either could advocate such a thing for the reasons I stated above.  But  Regardless of REASONING, the very act of a no lynch is actively anti-town and thus I kept my vote on him. I mean, whether he's scum trying a gambit of 'I can talk my way out of this and its a good smokecreen' or a townie who genuinely believes that No Lynch is somehow not inherantly scum-helpful, either way the end result of a No Lynch would hurt us so he's damaging to town and thus worth a vote.   How is that support of Russia? 

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2010, 07:21:15 AM »
Russia makes a good point, his advocation for No Lynch is definately generating talk.  But herein I disagree with Milhouse. 
Ah I see, you were only agreeing with the discussion bit. I thought you meant you were supporting it, since you said it was a good point. Ignore my comment about you. You're cool dawg...cat...whatever.

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2010, 07:28:11 AM »
Ah, I see.  Yep, rather confusing way to start my thoughts there, but yes I was just agreeing that he was starting some convos with his idea.  Not that they were good ideas.

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2010, 08:56:19 AM »
In Soviet Russia, jokevote phase start discussion!

Да, I had kind of hoped for discussion to start immediately after I posted with a No Lynch vote, when all comrades were still jokevoting with nothing to go on, but it was ignored like capitalist lies and I had to explain the position with bright yellow box, like capitalist pigmanchild Tim Buckley.  I still think it produced some useful reactions though. 

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »
At this point it seems to me more like O9K is a just a townie who can't argue his way out of a cardboard box. He keeps bringing up points on people and voting in an entirely different direction. I can't tell at this point whether or not this is cunning scum play or just what I stated before... confused town play. Leaning the latter.

Dawg... usually speculating on roles, especially in rolemadness, on Day 1 is bad juju. You're skating by on reporter style at the moment, but there's something more important to press on at the moment. Keeping my eye on you.

##Unvote: Yo Dawg

On the other hand, In Soviet Russia has just jumped further and further up the list. Yes, yes. It started discussion... long, long after the point it had intended to. It was initially overshadowed by your use of the Russian language, and no one even really brought it up until 12 hours and an entire page has gone by in lolcat's post (or if you want a more concrete one, Milhouse's vote on Soviet). But you admit that... What then, are the useful reactions did it really produce? Advice Dog's understandable admonishment of you when you claimed it was serious? All Your Base's explanation on why it's a terrible strategy? There was literally nothing said that hasn't been said before, or even in a way that hasn't been said before, when what you suggested has come up in the past. What then are your brilliant observations you've taken out of this, because that whole scumhunting thing? Thats what we're supposed to be doing. Sharing is caring.

##Vote: Soviet Russia

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2010, 10:40:45 AM »
Dawg... usually speculating on roles, especially in rolemadness, on Day 1 is bad juju.
That rule doesn't apply to jesters. What an incredibly suspicious thing to say.
Does this look bad to anyone else or just me?

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2010, 11:22:32 AM »
Well, things are getting very, very complicated now. I will remove my morality core so that I do not come across as overly verbose.

...There. That's better.

Quote from: Zerg
Besides, people can still strongly express opinions without actually having a vote down. They can also make alternate cases and put the votes to use there!
And if all the votes are already on one target people are more likely to tunnel and less likely to turn away. Last game was a huge fluke in that the Prinny wagon gained enough speed to stop Middleman.

Quote from: Zerg
It also occurs to me that, looking back, you don't... actually... have anything to say about me/the people on me/my stance. You just mention the voting thing and leave it at that.
I'm sorry, what were you looking for? A thorough analysis? Fully-grown opinions of every character in the game? Because it's rather hard to do that on Day 1.
You were Attacking the Player by being a jerk in your first two posts. That's about all I could get from you given your content.

With regards to me not voting Zerg - I didn't like the idea of one case getting big too fast, because then the lynch of the day would simply be between Zerg and Whoever Everyone Thinks Is Pressing Zerg Too Hard. The other cases are likely to fall to the sidelines simply because all the votes are focused elsewhere. Either stance is easy for scum to take.

9000.1 is getting continually worse. 'Hey, let's STILL give no opinions and jump on a lurker! No wonder I'm almost as strong as Kakarot!' It gets to the point where you have to wonder if he really IS a jester...which concerns me slightly, but it's a WIFOM at best.

Soviet ACTUALLY TRYING TO PRESS A NO LYNCH THEN TURNING AROUND AND SAYING IT WAS TO BUILD DISCUSSION makes me want to flood his head with a neurotoxin. Doing so would put him at L-1, though, and it's not impossible for Vegeta!Scum to fake jester if they've been told that the setup has third-party and bastard mod in it. Holding for now.

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2010, 12:48:29 PM »
Jesters? We're talking about jesters?

You mean, that mythical role that is merely another excuse for town to not lynch scummy people? Come on, guys. We can do better than this. Can't we? Pretty much everyone buying into this discussion at all seems horribly scummy for it. 2girls1cup brought it up as a novel point and I confess I haven't paid her much attention until now owing to her post format... yo dawg was sort of offhand about it, I'd let him slide there... and cake. Cake. Wow.

Quote from: cake
Soviet ACTUALLY TRYING TO PRESS A NO LYNCH THEN TURNING AROUND AND SAYING IT WAS TO BUILD DISCUSSION makes me want to flood his head with a neurotoxin. Doing so would put him at L-1, though, and it's not impossible for Vegeta!Scum to fake jester if they've been told that the setup has third-party and bastard mod in it. Holding for now.

Can you explain this for me? Here, incentive, because actually using 'but maybe jester!' as any kind of excuse to do something... wow. This is significant enough that simply by Cake being on 9000, I don't want to be anymore today. ##UNVOTE OF DISCORDANT RHYMES, ##FEVERISH HOMEBOUND HATCHET: Cake

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2010, 12:50:16 PM »
And yes, I am aware that this is a 'he might be faking jester' thing, to clarify. It is a terrible place to come from and I cannot take it seriously. Using jester or jester-related shenanigans as a reason to vote remains dodgy.

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2010, 01:35:44 PM »
"Yeah. I'm sorry I even stated it explicitly, at this point. Brought it up out of the combination of bastard modding, and Hazel and I knowing our fair mod well. I would not consider jester out of the question - but I'm not sure I'd consider it likely, either. Russia is playing much like some actual Jesters I've seen, to excaberate the issue."
"But I think you can tell how serious we take it right now by where our vote is."
"A few notes, before we go out carousing again:

Quote from: Yodawgsmamma
Uh, Millhouse, you're afraid of a ninja hammer? On this guy?
Y'know, if scum ninja-hammered the guy we suspect to be scum, then that would be pretty awesome. Why are you afraid of this :\
Going to take a closer look at Millhouse.

"This fails to inspire. Discussion is a Town tool. Supression - overt or covert - is a Scum aim. Milhouse, whatever his allegiances, seems to be acting wisely there. You, however? Not quite. Outside of this section, however, I do not terribly disagree with your reports - even on myself. Content is somewhat scarce when everyone else gets to it first."

"About Cake, idly - though of course it's a lie, I already ate it - I don't buy the case so much, but I think I see where you're coming from. Hell. I'll get Jamie to keep an eye on that meme while we're out partying. And one final note - actually, Advice Dog brought up Jesters before Clarice, but he, like us, doesn't take that as seriously as some others seem to. Cake seeming to use that as a plank... well, let me put it this way. I can't see what the hell Shana's noted sentence:

Quote from: cakeliaroffdiet

I'm not seeing what the implication of "fake jester" is supposed to mean here - pardon my denseness - and as such this actually seems kinda like scaremongering, though if someone can explain what's being said here better than I I'm all drunk. If momentum switches in this direction I'll definitely reread Cake's posts once more, this seems pretty weird."

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2010, 01:45:52 PM »

The above sentiment rankles me considerably, though conversation has mostly passed on since.

Shiki, you can say what you like, but we've had jesters in the past, this game is more ripe for one than a more 'standard' game, and we have two people acting absolutely batshit crazy here. It's a serious concern (triple jester suggestion aside). I'm honestly more worried that one of them is a jester over the odds of them being town. My bet would be on the Commie over o9k for flailing around like a generally crazy person, but o9k is like a living textbook example of bad early scum play, and if it weren't for Soviet Russia existing I would be incredibly apprehensive about lynching o9k day one, rather than simply worried.

As it stands, I'll still take the odds of it being bad scum failing hard and fast rather than a clever jester ploy, as the Commie is giving a very helpful demonstration of what I'd actually expect from a jester.

And yes, Dawg, very much on your side against C-C-C-C on that matter. That's a horrible painting of what you were doing.

Still haven't really been able to get a focus on a lot of the other players yet.

Happiest with the Hijack so far. Felt comfortable with the cats but dislike the growing balls of gas, like the lurking thing here. Clearly not going to get on well with Zerg Rush, but that's no sign of guilt and personality aside I have no issue. In terms of other people I'd consider lynching... nothing is as immediately in my nose as the two at L-2. I'll take a closer look for other more subtle day one tells like anyone cruising along, but not right now.

Ninja: the triple jester idea was obviously a joke, but that was the point at which I started thinking that we might have a jester in our midst, and that was before Soviet Russia got even worse.

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2010, 03:15:33 PM »

Right, in agreement. ##Unvote Russia
##Vote Combo Breaker

Yo dawg, I heard u like trying to make me look bad so I put a vote on your record so you can hang while you lie.
Scumtell 'cos there's no need for town to do this.