Author Topic: A memes to an end(Meme Mafia: Game Over)  (Read 117803 times)

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Say It Like You Meme It(Meme Mafia: Day 1)
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2010, 12:05:08 AM »
Just to clarify there O9K, your comment on Shana stopped mid-sentence.  You're not agreeing with her about what exactly?

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2010, 12:06:32 AM »
If I read that way, I apologize, but it's in my nature to be Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school, not taking mafia super seriously is how I hold onto what little sanity I have.

Anyways, Over 9000, if you think those players are scummy, shouldn't you at least vote for them for pressure/prod for further comments so you can learn more about them?  I've already pretty much answered your lurker prod, your declaration of who you think is scummy while just leaving your vote on someone who is no longer inactive, who you also neglect to comment on in any way is just not helping you at all.

I would still be asking this question even if the vote was on someone else who was lurking previously btw.

Over 9000

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 04, 2010, 12:17:19 AM »
alkjgas. Didn't triplecheck the post.

Shana: Don't agree with the case she made there against me, but she at least is interacting with various players. There's too much tunnel vision going on in this game.

And yeah.

##unvote: Boxxy/Bel Air

##vote: Combo breaker

I have no idea what soviet russia's doing, but combo breaker read the worst to me when doing that.  I have absolutely no reason to vote lolcat at this point other than a feeling. Most of the other active players have a fairly townie vibe.

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 04, 2010, 01:19:52 AM »
No time for big post. Be back later hopefully, but for now gotta make this clear:

My original post:
The only person looking good right now is Advice Dog. Yo dawg.

Soviet Russia hasn't done itself any favors. I don't buy into the "generating discussion" thing that late into day 1. Could be a jester though ~_~
I also don't like lolcat's WIFOM support of Russia, but aside from that lolcat hasn't been terrible.
Boxy Air looks to be trying to get by on minimal content. Unhappy about this.
2girls achieves the same thing whilst looking like they post a lot. Which is more dangerous. It's hard to pick out the points in the conversations.
Zerg is weird, not sure if the vote on Dawg is as bad as others make it though.

As for Over 9000... the early no vote looked suspicious and all, but the descent into LAL looked worse to me.

Uh, Millhouse, you're afraid of a ninja hammer? On this guy?
Y'know, if scum ninja-hammered the guy we suspect to be scum, then that would be pretty awesome. Why are you afraid of this :\
Going to take a closer look at Millhouse.

Dawg... usually speculating on roles, especially in rolemadness, on Day 1 is bad juju. You're skating by on reporter style at the moment, but there's something more important to press on at the moment. Keeping my eye on you.
The role speculation thing is a complete misrepresentation about a 5 word throwaway line. He makes it sound like extensive role speculation about who the doc is.
The reporter style is equally a misrep.

Yo dawg, I heard u like trying to make me look bad so I put a vote on your record so you can hang while you lie.
Scumtell 'cos there's no need for town to do this.

I would say it's an overreaction to what I said and you're actually trying to paint me in a bad light now, since my main point was actually that Dawg was pretty much being a reporter at that point, but fine. You've got to do what you've got to do, especially since I guess it does look bad since I called Dawg on it and not some of the other people who've mentioned it.
Not painting you in a bad light. Quotations prove this. The bad light is your own.

@Demotivational - hopefully you can see where you went wrong there. My argument is not 'ridiculous'. I believe Combo is the best chance of finding scum today.

Combo > Over9k > Russia

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
  • Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2010, 02:31:19 AM »
KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!

On the subject of speculation about roles in role madness: Its pretty useless overall. Its called role madness for a reason. Worrying about Jesters is silly. For all we know, there's someone who wins the game if they get lynched on day two instead! Once you accept that the game is role madness and that Jester is possible, then you might as well throw in the hat as far as role guessing goes, because anything goes. If we lose to a Jester, then we lost due to questionable mod decisions. We can't not play the game due to silliness like that.

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!

On the main lynch candidates (9001 and Soviet Russia), I feel 9001 is the scummier candidate at this point. Frankly, I'm not really sure what Soviet Russia was going for (making questionable statements to get conversation going is not really a good plan if you ask me) but I just can't really figure how his behavior works out for scum except as a form of refuge in audacity. He certainly bears watching, and I wouldn't object to lynching him (daring scum gambit possibility does exist) but I feel that 9001 is the better candidate.

On the whole, 9001 has looked scummier to me, by attempting to appear as a contributing townie without... really adding anything. His actions regarding my train were odd, and his defense has consisted of vague reporter posts and... getting good vibes from people attacking him? This isn't exactly a solid defense here Honestly, I'm kind of curious why you opted to attack in on a lurker (and why, in going after lurkers, which I feel oddly included me, you ignored HUEG LIKE ULTRALISK) instead of addressing people involved or uninvolved in my lynch train. Given concerns about the results of an early train like that, I'm surprised that the people worried about quicklynches don't really focus in on that idea to some extent.

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!

I'm also kinda concerned about HUEG LIKE ULTRALISK not simply because of lurking and not because he was "getting away with it," but because the people calling out lurkers were ignoring him. If anyone who called on lurkers but ignored him flips scum, I definitely think he's worth looking further into.

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!
Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!

COMBO BREAKER

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2010, 02:39:10 AM »
No time for big post. Be back later hopefully, but for now gotta make this clear:

My original post:
The only person looking good right now is Advice Dog. Yo dawg.

Soviet Russia hasn't done itself any favors. I don't buy into the "generating discussion" thing that late into day 1. Could be a jester though ~_~
I also don't like lolcat's WIFOM support of Russia, but aside from that lolcat hasn't been terrible.
Boxy Air looks to be trying to get by on minimal content. Unhappy about this.
2girls achieves the same thing whilst looking like they post a lot. Which is more dangerous. It's hard to pick out the points in the conversations.
Zerg is weird, not sure if the vote on Dawg is as bad as others make it though.

As for Over 9000... the early no vote looked suspicious and all, but the descent into LAL looked worse to me.

Uh, Millhouse, you're afraid of a ninja hammer? On this guy?
Y'know, if scum ninja-hammered the guy we suspect to be scum, then that would be pretty awesome. Why are you afraid of this :\
Going to take a closer look at Millhouse.

Dawg... usually speculating on roles, especially in rolemadness, on Day 1 is bad juju. You're skating by on reporter style at the moment, but there's something more important to press on at the moment. Keeping my eye on you.
The role speculation thing is a complete misrepresentation about a 5 word throwaway line. He makes it sound like extensive role speculation about who the doc is.
The reporter style is equally a misrep.

Again, I don't particularly see where it's such a HUGE MISREPRESENTATION, unless you're into voodoo, and juju is a term for HOLY SHIT BAD THINGS to you. It's a fairly neutral statement on the inanity of Day 1 role speculation. If I'd kept my vote on you and pressed my case I could see where you would draw that conclusion, but... yeah.

Still on Soviet Russia. Over 9K is at least attempting to defend themselves and not grasping at straws at least (though am I really being rude? Honest question...) Most comfortable with lynching Soviet. I really want to see him try to explain why he's so convinced the No Lynch vote generated discussion and what observations, if any, he took out of it. The answer to this plus him actually starting to participate in the game in any real fashion would totally be awesome.

This may be repeating what I've already said, but it bears repeating to bring up a point. I don't like when people ask others to explain themselves without giving them specific things to explain (2girls1cup on Soviet) or saying they don't agree with cases on them while not explaining WHY they don't agree with them (Over 9K's statement about Shana's case on him).

Lurking poke to Rick Astley, who totally seems to be flying under the radar, unlike his hit song which topped the chart for none of those weeks in the 80's. 2girls1cup as well, who hasn't done much and did the whole "bring up a point but be incredibly vague on it" thing I don't like when they voted Soviet.

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2010, 03:12:28 AM »
In a rush, but I'll say that 9000.1's 'we should lynch lurkers even in the face of people acting scummy, also the Zerg train is dangerous but I won't follow up on it' and lack of new contribution do not help him.

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 04, 2010, 04:32:05 AM »

The scouter malfunction is looking worse and worse. I'm naturally wary of anyone that tries to build an opinion on everyone on Day 1, there are better projects toward which one can devote their time. Not to mention that several of the opinions are of shoddy quality - several useless null/inconclusive reads, lots of information regurgitation that reminds me of the tengu - and the project itself isn't even complete. I'm also raising an eyebrow at how he needs to follow directions from others, like being told to change his vote. Real engineers don't need directions, they know how to make stuff on their own! On the whole, this feels like scum making a last half-hearted effort to save themselves, and on top of every other error myself and many others have written notes on throughout the game, that's enough to get me to switch.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Over 9000 for L-1. Shame that Aperture Science isn't getting more of a site inspection than it has, but so it goes.

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 04, 2010, 04:46:05 AM »

And now, to spotlight people I want to see more notes from tomorrow, lest they find themselves on the wrong end of my brand-new Vote-O-Matic 7000:

- The M$ Drone. Whatever your excuse for missing so much of the game, your lone meaningful post does not cut it in terms of making up for lost time.
- Rick Astley and All Your Base, especially the former. Both have mysteriously vanished.
- The guy with the Yama obsession, or whatever Shiki he's chasing. I actually liked his content when he was providing it and it makes me an unhappy kappa that he stopped.

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2010, 04:50:55 AM »

Whoops, that's what I got for not measuring twice before I cut! Didn't mean to lump Shiki in with the other three, I don't expect I'll have much reason to vote him tomorrow. I remember agreeing with most of his content, while I can't remember a lot of what All Your Base said, and the other two speak for themselves.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2010, 05:02:44 AM »
Votecount Is Not A Meme Is A Meme

Votecount
Zerg Rush: (1) - Over 9000, Advice Dog, Touhou Hijacker, Demotivator, O R'LYEH!?
OVER 9000: (9008) - Touhou Hijacker, Boxxy/Bel Air, Milhouse, Shana, Hueg Like XBOX, Advice Dog, The Cake is a Lie, Zerg Rush, All Your Base, Soviet Russia, Demotivator, Touhou Hijacker
OH GOD SHANA IS HOT (0) - Zerg Rush
Touhou Hijack LOL (0) - The Cake is a Lie, 2girls1cup, Shana
Advice Dog: (0) - Advice Dog, lolcat, Zerg Rush
lolcat: (0)- Demotivator
Hueg Like XBOX: (0) - Rick Astley
All Your Base: (0) - C-C-Combo Breaker, Shana
COMBO BREAKER: (2) - All Your Base, Yo Dawg, Over 9000
Soviet Russia: (6) -  Milhouse, Yo Dawg, Rick Astley, lolcat, 2girls1cup, Bel Air, Milhouse, COMBO BREAKER
Rick Astley: (0) - 2girls1cup
The Cake is a Lie: (1) - Shana, Touhou Hijacker, Shana
Yo Dawg: (0) - All Your Base, COMBO BREAKER, Demotivator
Boxxy/Bel Air: (0) - Over 9000
No lynch: (0) - Soviet Russia

With 17 memes alive, 9 votes are required to deliver an axe to the face.

Over 9000 is at A-1!

Day 1 ends at 10am PST/1pm EST tomorrow, so that's roughly 13 hours from this post.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2010, 05:04:16 AM »
This may be repeating what I've already said, but it bears repeating to bring up a point. I don't like when people ask others to explain themselves without giving them specific things to explain (2girls1cup on Soviet) or saying they don't agree with cases on them while not explaining WHY they don't agree with them (Over 9K's statement about Shana's case on him).

Lurking poke to Rick Astley, who totally seems to be flying under the radar, unlike his hit song which topped the chart for none of those weeks in the 80's. 2girls1cup as well, who hasn't done much and did the whole "bring up a point but be incredibly vague on it" thing I don't like when they voted Soviet.

"Uh-huh. Cute attempt at mudslinging, but boy, I've got more experience with mudslides than you'll get in a century of breaking up your own combos. I have not asked a thing of Soviet Russia, except rhetorically. Voting no lynch and sticking to it (the latter being the sin, the former having been a jokevote as mentioned earlier) is why my vote is on him; his theatrics only cement it. Attempting to plaster me with complete garbage and call it suspicious behavior only makes you look horrible. On your other points there, Rick Astley... actually disappeared after responding to me. This being said you're hardly the first to notice that, but whatever.

"Less comfortable with a 9000.000001 lynch than I was before - it reads more flailing town than scum - but the behavior and record is still not good enough that I'd actively oppose it. Would still far prefer In Soviet Russia, as the case has been outlined by others; the flailing and attempting to justify the joke-no lynch AFTER supporting it for a while, along with claiming it provoked discussion when it really didn't? Yeah, no. Not groovy. Gonna need to look over Breaker of Combos as well at this point.

"Ninja GATE post. Should be around for deadline, albeit possibly not coherently. For now, however, back to drinking."

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2010, 05:19:24 AM »
Comrades, brothers, sisters, glorious workers of the eternal union.  Truly I am sorry about lack of much participation, due to work and other factors.  It should be better now, as we work towards glorious Marxist revolution together.

On more consideration, Over 9000 I am willing to let go.  Ees not playing so great, yet feels of genuine communist spirit now.  Is trying to contribute and not get lynched, rather than promote scummy agenda and not get lynched.

Problem with this?  IN SOVIET RUSSIA, UNVOTING LYNCH TARGET CHANGE TARGET TO YOU!  Since I am also of the glorious spirit of Father Lenin I don't particularly feel like getting lynched either, but I have no matroshka doll observations within observations to pull out.  

Proper response to no lynch argument was for citizens to state position on matter clearly, neither overreact nor underreact nor attempt to twist for own gain.  Advice Dog pass, Milhouse pass, CATs sort of pass, OH GOD BEAUTIFUL MOTHER RUSSIA pass, Over 9000 pass, Zerg Rush pass, Lolcat pass...

2girls1cup and Bel Air present interesting case.  Bel Air state reasoning for vote, is good.  2girls1cup snapvote.  Ees good webcomic, but ees definitely overstating case with blaring red sirens (unless was joke on glorious red color?).  2girls very possible capitalist.  Milhouse then come in with talk of two viable lynch cases.  This very capitalist move, narrowing attention so early in day creates situation where indeed are only two lynch cases, but should not be true then!

So, Milhouse and 2girls come out looking very scummy here.  "Very scummy" relative to day 1 of course, but such is life in Moscow.  

Combo Breaker case exist but is also stupid like Keynesian economics.  Basing case on fear of jesters and role speculation tempting but stupid either way.  While Combo Breaker is next most viable lynch train, and does not read like communist brother like Over 9000 now does, the men of the motherland would prefer to lynch...

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,4662.msg99872.html#msg99872
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,4662.msg99911.html#msg99911

Oh wow check this out.  Crazy blatant town herding on day 1, and accusing people of reporter style while reporting himself.

##Unvote: Over 9000
##Vote: Milhouse, who in Soviet Russia is meme

13 hours is pressed and we are sorry.  Ees still time, though.  Milhouse come out of reread looking very capitalist, who is up?

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2010, 06:37:27 AM »

Ah, Comrade. Remember you from Sputnik Invasion. No hard feelings, Дa? Yet I cannot understand case. You say little boy herding town. How so? I read messages you link, can sort of see reporter charge, but not able to see boy trying to lead town down treacherous paths, and message look okay to me otherwise. Perhaps I not understand what is intended by "herding". You can explain more, Дa?

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2010, 06:57:04 AM »
Дa, comrade, Дa.  Milhouse say things like "I hope 9.1 can make last stand" and "The game not end on day 1", in combination with earlier post referenced.  He ees fixated on lynch being one of his candidates, "the debacles set up for this day."  Tone indicates that he wishes discussion focused on lynching glorious soviet or Over 9000, he speak in way designed to make town take top cases for granted, with only slim allowances for other cases and pushing them off to tomorrow. 

Worrying part is that he has done this since very early in the day!  Very much like capitalist strategy, decide on one or two preferred townie lynches and subtly influence discussion to make rest of town feel like lynch must be one of them. 

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2010, 07:06:15 AM »
I am pressed for time myself and will be restricting myself to commenting on some existing cases/trains at this stage. (omg Shiki loves me!!!11)

I still think... pretty much everyone... who talked about Jesters at all is horribly scummy but hey nobody seems to agree with me. Well, okay then. Whatever. Tomorrow will be a BRAND NEW DAY. In retrospect I've also changed my mind on cake being the worst offender there anyhow (after thinking it through I figured that musing over scum faking jester isn't quite as awful as my kneejerk gut said it was.)

I am prepared to lynch 9000. His last contributions have been rather lazy and show an uncaring attitude, imo. People say 'flailing', but.. honestly, it's not very enthusiastic flailing. My prior vote on him for piling on a lurker earlier stands. He doesn't feel like a newbie or anything from his posts, soo.

##Unvote of Delayed Retribution, ##Divide-By-Zero Negation Calculation: Over 9000

Russia utterly confuses me, I am surprised he did not stay on 9000 which would've been the typical scum action there. Starting a new case with 13 hours to go when your life is sort of maybe on the line? Very strange. I don't like strangeness as a rule. I do not like his case in Milhouse. Town herding? Is that another word for having an opinion? Shucks, I guess I'm a herder too.

RussiaNinja: Hmm. The thing about 9.1 making a last stand does seem a bit odd. But I'm not seeing anything else in the same bad light as you.

Tron Bonne

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2010, 07:14:57 AM »
To Soviet Russia: I honestly don't get what you're trying to build.

I also have to note that, eventually, just about anyone will enter into reporteering territory one way or another in a post or two. However, I have to take a beef when the -mass bulk of your content- is reporteering - which was Boxxy Air's case -and- XBOX's, currently. I also can't understand what kind of town herding are you trying to refer to - what abyss would I be trying to lead people into in those two particular posts or in general? I donno, but it looks to me that you're grasping at straws more than anything else: you neither clarified what appears so overtly scummy that we must switch into this train of thought nor elaborated clearly where Slingshot Girls themselves play into the scummytastica equation - it's like you're making up a theory out of thin air and expecting us to sheepishly buy it in a vacuum. All this only makes your general approach the more baffling.

And, as for "9.1's last stand", I put it in quotation marks for a reason - it honestly looked like it was his last opportunity to actually try to provide actual content given his circumstances (nearing a lynch, and managed to put his foot on his mouth -yet again) - and, in practice, more or less seems like it still, at least for the day, since he never even tried anything else besides reporteering. And when I refer to "the debacles set up for the day", this is because... well, that's what we're TALKING about. Those are the issues that are relevant -right now-, and those generate discussion. As for the lynch candidates... um. I'm clearly open to seeing more discussion on the other possibilities around (hence why I mentioned those "debacles" you're pinning over - like the Crappy Fighting Game Mechanic/Pimp My Ride weirdness, which I simply noted I'd like to see talked further, even because my read on it is murky besides what I already stated about it), but the two cases where we have overtly scummy behavior look pretty clear to me. Flailing and trying to pull off rabbits (no offense meant, Touhoulolz) out of a tinfoil hat won't make it better - au contraire. What I see of those tangents brought about - some of which I feel are worth looking but mostly didn't comment upon much or at all, like Cakeless debate and Yo/Advice Dog's seemingly gratuitous chummery (which I honestly think also deserves a look, but there's too little to glean from as it stands), or Rickroll's sudden vanishment into the ether - is that they're possible leads we should look at. Sure. However, there are two distressing cases that fly to our eyes and at least one of them needs solved ASAP - that and I've pegged both behaviors going on as blatantly anti-town since a rather long while ago, and I'd like to not ignore such blatant town foot-shooting when it's present.

This said, I'm tired and in need to go to sleep. Tempted to hammer 9.1 Inches now, as re-reading what I'm saying about him just reinforces how badly he behaved all over and how much I dislike that, but I'm willing to wait a little bit for a last-minute input from other players.

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2010, 07:51:55 AM »

Ah, I see now, Comrade. Subtle pushes is interesting conjecture, yes. Must be honest, however, not sure I can give much livestock to case, mostly because case seem founded in idea that two main trains both town, which I am having hard time believing. Also not sure issue is not just difference in word choice, as little boy himself talks about. In end, can at least see where you coming from, but cannot agree, not with any sort of confidence.

Moon rabbit from moon must return home. Vote stay on number. Should hammer and sickle not fall while gone, intend to be back before timed deadline, but cannot guarantee.

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2010, 12:29:19 PM »

Russia: Failing to see the town herding/reporter from Milhouse myself. The 9001 'last stand' made sense at the time, since he was bordering on lynch and was in the middle of making several posts to try and save himself.

Reading back over Dawg Breaker from Dawg's post, I'm agreeing with Dawg more, but both are still making the others look worse. Just, Dawg is less so, since Combo did dwell on the role speculation, but Dawg still pushed that over the more prominent reporter case. Still, Dawg >>> Combo, on that argument at least.

Deadline: I will not be around. Will hopefully stop by a couple of hours from deadline, but will miss the deadline itself. Hopefully I'll have more time after the weekend, but busy for deadline today, Saturday and Sunday. Happy to leave my post on 9001 for today, although if Russia is pushed forwards for lynch, I'd change when I get back. Both are bad, but 9001 is worse, but reads (recently) as bad Town. Doesn't forgive the earlier behaviour, though.

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Say It Like You Meme It (Meme Mafia: Day 1)
« Reply #144 on: March 04, 2010, 01:54:09 PM »

My doggy empathy bends to emotional pleas more easily than it should, but o9k is close to having done nothing that I wouldn't consider scummy. Nothing to add about the recent developments there that hasn't already been said or wouldn't be better saved for post-game discussion.

More smoke and mirrors from the Commie that baffle. Sorry guys, but removing a vote from the other vote leader at this point still makes me think jester rather than scum. Mess mess mess. Hate the trap mentality; 'lol i troll u', while perhaps apt for the theme, is no good way for town to act.

I understand the potential evils of dichotomies, but don't get that reading from MINAM's posts.

MINAM: I have no extra information from which to divine Dawg's alignment, if that simplifies the cases you need consider. As much as I've only specifically agreed with him on one issue anyway.

Of some of the lesser spotted memes that I haven't really touched on before now:
It doesn't take a genius to award the big black box with championship lurking. Some sympathy for entering late with the day's cases formed, but the grace won't extend into day 2.
Even ignoring his disappearance, Rick looks absolutely terrible if o9k flips scum, for rather dubious support and funnelling to the Commie at a fairly key time.
Dawg doesn't bother me outside of actually positing that C-C-C-C looks worst, because no. Commie > o9k turning into o9k > Commie without comment isn't great either, but minor.
C-C-C-C again looks a lot worse should o9k flip scum, for reasons similar to Rick.
!Cake smells worse on a reread. Somehow didn't see !him not voting for the Koreans in a play similar to, but not as bad as, o9k, and then voting for him for it. Not sure how, given how much !he's had to spin it since. Way up the ranks if o9k flips town.

I'll more than likely be around for the deadline if things go that far, but really can't see me changing votes.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2010, 03:37:11 PM »
Sorry one and all for disappearing, but I thought I had heard there was all star kicking around somewhere, and who can miss a scoop like that?

Anyways, quick post with my thoughts before actually trying to back things up.

##Unvote: Soviet Russia, ##Vote: Milhouse is not a Meme

I actually buy the Commie's claims.  And while it is looking like town v. town as the main attraction, 9k+ is looking worse than him, so if we're ready to lynch, I'm ready to drop my vote there.  As for Milhouse, something's been rubbing me the wrong way about him the whole day, and I can't really say what it is right now.  But, since this is a pretty worthless vote, I'll slap it on him in order to state that I don't like him.

Anyways, just a quick post to say I'm alive before moving on to a better reread.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2010, 04:08:25 PM »
Votecount!

Votecount
Zerg Rush: (1) - Over 9000, Advice Dog, Touhou Hijacker, Demotivator, O R'LYEH!?
OVER 9000: (9008) - Touhou Hijacker, Boxxy/Bel Air, Milhouse, Shana, Soviet Russia, Hueg Like XBOX, Advice Dog, The Cake is a Lie, Zerg Rush, All Your Base, Demotivator, Touhou Hijacker, Shana
OH GOD SHANA IS HOT (0) - Zerg Rush
Touhou Hijack LOL (0) - The Cake is a Lie, 2girls1cup, Shana
Advice Dog: (0) - Advice Dog, lolcat, Zerg Rush
lolcat: (0)- Demotivator
Hueg Like XBOX: (0) - Rick Astley
All Your Base: (0) - C-C-Combo Breaker, Shana
COMBO BREAKER: (2) - All Your Base, Yo Dawg, Over 9000
Soviet Russia: (5) -  Milhouse, Yo Dawg, Rick Astley, lolcat, 2girls1cup, Bel Air, Milhouse, COMBO BREAKER
Rick Astley: (0) - 2girls1cup
The Cake is a Lie: (0) - Shana, Touhou Hijacker, Shana,
Yo Dawg: (0) - All Your Base, COMBO BREAKER, Demotivator
Boxxy/Bel Air: (0) - Over 9000
Milhouse: (2) - Soviet Russia, Rick Astley
No lynch: (0) - Soviet Russia

With 17 memes alive, 9 votes are required to deliver an axe to the face.

Over 9000 is at A-1!

Day 1 ends at 10am PST/1pm EST, so that's roughly 2 hours from this post.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2010, 04:18:09 PM »
Have read over thread, see little reason to move vote away from O9K. Will not be back until after deadline due to deadline being in the middle of one of my classes.

@Astley: if by your admission the vote you just placed is pretty useless, then why place it? The mind boggles.

Regarding Milhouse, I'm not seeing the reportering that greatly. I will need to reread his posts in greater detail than the time I have right now allows for, though, so yeah.

Regarding Dawg/Breaker, there seems to be mututal levels of, not so much misrep as overinflation of the significance of each other's statements. Dawg is correct in that Breaker read a bit too much into a rather pointless line about jesterspeculation, but similarly he himself should note that all that Breaker mentioned was essentially, again, a single throwaway sentence about that being bad, and it is clearly visible in the quotes you yourself posted. Not sure what to make of this.

Regarding jesterspeculation, it can go die in a fire. Jesterspeculation is pointless, all it does is lead town away from focussing on what they should be doing, namely lynching scum. Zerg Rush is right: for all we know there's some stupid role that wins when he gets lynched on day 2 or whatever, and if we lose to such a role, then that's questionable mod decisions, not bad play.

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2010, 04:39:46 PM »

Winter has returned, as it always does, but time grows short, and little new is to be said. I will linger until deadline, should any mind-blowing revelations come between now and then.

I do hope Mr. Astley's vote moves to a meaningful train before the day is over. I am willing to give Mother Russia a little slack in that regard, due to various environmental circumstances, but Mr. Astley does not have the same protection.

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2010, 04:45:00 PM »

Well, this is me being around a couple of hours from the deadline, and I'm definitely not gonna be around for the deadline itself. Still happy for 9001 to go, since his scummy behaviour isn't counteracted by his reporting, even if it seems town-ish.

Idly, why do people keep leaving me out of their lists? I'd normally not complain, but I'd rather not be accused of flying under the radar in a day or two, since that keeps happening to me.

Oh, and Rick. He, uhh, exists. Sort of. Not as hardc04r lurker as Xbox, but definitely needs to post more. Will look terrible if today's lynch is scum, and definitely looking for more from him soon.

---
All Your Base are hijacked by Touhou Ninjas: Mostly what's either already been said or what I've written here. Makes AYB's low content look good, at least.