Author Topic: Tourney of Interest: Season 11, Week 2  (Read 4052 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Tourney of Interest: Season 11, Week 2
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:56:15 PM »
Garm- viiii v Leopold- ii
Oz- i v Lady- iii
Nailah- iii v Guv- iiii
Arceus- iii v Violetta- iiii

Zaalbar- ii v Suicune- i
Wyl- vi v Hrist- iii
Roddick v Jowy- vii
Sue v Tidus- vi

Trainer v Bob- i
Odie- vi v Blanca
Bianca- v v Bowie- i
Estelle- iii v Vormav- iii (Hatbot)

Volug- vi v Laguna- ii
Mightyena- viiii v Celine
Beryl- ii v Aeris- i
Gordin- v v Nanami- i

Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Rika (Phantasy Star IV)
Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) v Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) v Lambda Zellweger (Wild ARMs 4)
Taupy (Sands of Destruction) v Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Heavy

Fir (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Kratos Aurion (Tales of Symphonia)
Marta Lauldi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) v Shadow (Final Fantasy VI)
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears)
Annie Eilenberg (Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island) v Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)

Middle

Darth Malak (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
Ulrika Mulberry (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Adell (Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories)
Nera (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) v Meru (Legend of Dragoon)
Masao 'Mark' Inaba (Shin Megami Tensei: Persona) v Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis)

Light

Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Blastoise (Pokémon)
Sunset (Live a Live) v Luceid (Wild ARMs Series)
Goofy (Kingdom Hearts Series) v Tony (Wild ARMs XF)
T3-M4 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Llewelyn (Valkyrie Profile)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 07:20:35 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tourney of Interest: Season 11, Week 2
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 09:00:33 PM »
Godlike

Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) v Lambda Zellweger (Wild ARMs 4)- Will come back to these.

Middle

Nera (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) v Meru (Legend of Dragoon)- Think her best damage was fire.
Masao 'Mark' Inaba (Shin Megami Tensei: Persona) v Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis)- Mark sucks.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 09:12:26 PM »
Taupy (Sands of Destruction) v Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Cid mocks Taupy's evasion but he doesn't OHKO. 

Fir (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Kratos Aurion (Tales of Symphonia) - Evasion swings this for her, most likely.
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears) - Fast, hard hitting fighters are kinda what Dorothy doesn't want to fight ever.

Darth Malak (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Kneejerking Darth Malak as more of a Light myself.

T3-M4 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Llewelyn (Valkyrie Profile) - Kneejerking that KotOR2 T3 is up to this.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 09:16:14 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Light

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 09:21:58 PM »
Heavy

Fir (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Kratos Aurion (Tales of Symphonia) - Boss form, Judgment might work. Even giving evasion credit, I just see that as 'she never gets hit twice by it' because avoiding completely is damn hard IIRC.
Marta Lauldi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) v Shadow (Final Fantasy VI) - Goes first, doubles before a MA? EDIT: ...naaah. Forgot for a moment just how fast that bar fills up, and FF6 doubling isn't something I respect enough.

Light

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 05:44:18 PM by Ultradude »
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 09:23:51 PM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Rika (Phantasy Star IV): Massive spoiling. But as far as I know there's no evidence that Reicher has remarkable accuracy.

Heavy

:(

Middle

Light

Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Blastoise (Pokémon): Micaiah vs. mage. I guess the hype here involves TAIL WHIP -> OHKO with Skull Bash, but that takes four turns, and Micaiah should have little problem killing in 3. And she's faster.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 09:36:28 PM »
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Rika (Phantasy Star IV) - Reicher is as vulnerable to Blocker and Indomitable Guts in-game as anything else. Not being particularly accurate and entirely physically reliant = Rikaownage.

Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears) - ... what can Dorothy do to stop Fei from the OHKO? He immunes sleep and she obviously has nothing else to stop him from getting a turn even if she's faster. 25% evade isn't really helping here.
Annie Eilenberg (Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island) v Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3) - Chips and 2HKOs easily. Also faster on the first turn.

Nera (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) v Meru (Legend of Dragoon) - God, this is a OHKO. Weakness-hitting ends up baaaaaad.

Sunset (Live a Live) v Luceid (Wild ARMs Series) - SOMEHOW, Lucied 3 fails to 2HKO Sunset and the cowboy's faster. Failure.   
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 12:59:40 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 10:33:54 PM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Rika (Phantasy Star IV): Very cute, CK.
Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) v Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III): I think? I'm not sure here.
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) v Lambda Zellweger (Wild ARMs 4): GHOST WOLF. No. Magic damage, even if reduced 20% is still plenty good enough.
Taupy (Sands of Destruction) v Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Heavy

Marta Lauldi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) v Shadow (Final Fantasy VI): Does he double before she gets a Mystic Arte? Hmm. Probably not. ToS2's Unison gauge filled up really easy.
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears): Defends to survive Yamikei, assuming I even allow that.
Annie Eilenberg (Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island) v Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)

Middle

Darth Malak (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword): Fuck this.
Ulrika Mulberry (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Adell (Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories): Status ball.
Masao 'Mark' Inaba (Shin Megami Tensei: Persona) v Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis)

Light

Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Blastoise (Pokémon): HE CAN TRY TO BITE HER TO DEATH!? And whatever damage he does do is immediately healed via the Nosferatu Counter.
T3-M4 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Llewelyn (Valkyrie Profile): Droid defense.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 12:07:44 AM »
Godlike

Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) v Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) - Think he can get around her tricks.
Taupy (Sands of Destruction) v Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Does he outspeed Orlandu? I think he does. Then he pulls out his silly skills and wins.

Heavy

Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears) - Do I let her Defend? Hm... probably not. I'll get back to this.

Middle

Masao 'Mark' Inaba (Shin Megami Tensei: Persona) v Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) - Mark had a shitty Persona but a lot of health and his ultimate had some good skills.

Light

Bardiche

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 12:51:10 AM »
Godlike

Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) v Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) - Heals, has terrific defence, good offence. Think she can heal right before his Volty's done if you don't see her killing him before it and then SL.
Taupy (Sands of Destruction) v Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Taupy. Orlandu's good, but unless he OHKOs Taupy he's not winning this.

Heavy

Fir (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Kratos Aurion (Tales of Symphonia) - Probably.

Middle

Ulrika Mulberry (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Adell (Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories) - Plethora of status.
Masao 'Mark' Inaba (Shin Megami Tensei: Persona) v Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) - ... huh. Can Flay overpower Mark with Timed Cards?

Light

Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Blastoise (Pokémon) - Pokémon.
T3-M4 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Llewelyn (Valkyrie Profile) - Do I need to have played Star Wars to thnik Llew will lose this?

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 01:37:23 AM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Rika (Phantasy Star IV) - Blocker isn't evasion, why do people keep assuming this.  Anyway, I don't remember if Reicher got around Strong Pinch hax or not, but going to assume not for now.  Guess Cross Edge form barely takes this, but it's close.
Taupy (Sands of Destruction) v Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Oh, guess he does OHKO.

Heavy

Marta Lauldi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) v Shadow (Final Fantasy VI)
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears)
Annie Eilenberg (Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island) v Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3) - Has more barrels.

Middle

Darth Malak (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
Ulrika Mulberry (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Adell (Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories) - Hm, status probably does slow him down enough?
Masao 'Mark' Inaba (Shin Megami Tensei: Persona) v Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) - Mark danced crazy!  Flay rates it three stars!  To the face.

Light

Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Blastoise (Pokémon) - Probably.
Goofy (Kingdom Hearts Series) v Tony (Wild ARMs XF) - I'm not sure what the point of this match is except to give Goofy a free win.
T3-M4 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Llewelyn (Valkyrie Profile)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 08:09:32 PM by Talaysen »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 04:17:44 AM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Rika (Phantasy Star IV) - No MK2 yet.
Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) v Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) - Pretty sure I'd see Volty skills getting stopped by SL. Chris even has time to smack him once or twice before healing and then dropping SL.
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) v Lambda Zellweger (Wild ARMs 4) - Kneejerking OHKOs, not OHKO'd.
Taupy (Sands of Destruction) v Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) - No World Destruction yet, but just from the stat topic, I'd vote Taupy.

Heavy

Fir (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Kratos Aurion (Tales of Symphonia) - Goes first.
Marta Lauldi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) v Shadow (Final Fantasy VI) - No ToS2, but leaning Marta from the stat topic.
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears) - No Oz yet, but leaning Fei from the stat topic.
Annie Eilenberg (Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island) v Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3) - No AA, and I'm not quite interested enough to check the stat topic.

Middle

Darth Malak (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - For all that I love SWs, I can't bring myself to care about the KotOR battle system.
Ulrika Mulberry (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Adell (Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories) - Leaning Ulrika from the stat topic.
Masao 'Mark' Inaba (Shin Megami Tensei: Persona) v Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) - Hey, I can vote! Flay. Mark might have an argument, but I think Flay could be a low Heavy.

Light

Goofy (Kingdom Hearts Series) v Tony (Wild ARMs XF) - Left side sweep!
T3-M4 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Llewelyn (Valkyrie Profile) - Can't vote, but kneejerk is 'Not Llewelyn'
[/quote]

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 04:55:59 PM »
Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Blastoise (Pokémon) - What Elfboy said.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 06:41:57 AM »
Godlike

Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) v Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)- Slaughter unless you take raw evade. Raw evade and no items for Jack would likely give her the match. Why would SL gets Volties though? Obviously aren't magic.

Heavy

Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears)- Can't vote, but would likely vote Dorothy if I could. Defend tanking against Yamikei and it seems like Defend tanking is an awesome potential in game strategy that doesn't apply to all her allies!

Middle

Darth Malak (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- I thought this was a joke at first
Ulrika Mulberry (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Adell (Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories)- Adell doesn't have the evade for 2 misses. Ulrika Seals, and...uses healing unless smash time. Uhhh...I may need to revisit this one.
Masao 'Mark' Inaba (Shin Megami Tensei: Persona) v Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis)- Crazy pile up damage>33% physical resistance. Strong: Physical might have made me number crunched.

Light

T3-M4 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Llewelyn (Valkyrie Profile)- Hmm, if you need unranked, there is also fodder from ranked games that didn't get in (Aka: Topic needs less KoToR)
...into the nightfall.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 06:49:00 AM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Rika (Phantasy Star IV):... are you fucking kidding me?

Middle

Darth Malak (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword): Malak's more of a light to me since I don't give him HP credit for solo fight. Even with that... Nergal still wins, probably. Malak's real tough under that view, but his damage is pretty sad, so he's triggering lots of counters - you won't see the "Nergal gets one off then dies" dynamic which holds him down so often.
Ulrika Mulberry (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Adell (Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories)

Light

T3-M4 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Llewelyn (Valkyrie Profile): Llew is bad enough when he CAN hit PWS, and he loses even that against droid evade.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 05:17:00 PM »
Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) v Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)- Slaughter unless you take raw evade. Raw evade and no items for Jack would likely give her the match. Why would SL gets Volties though? Obviously aren't magic.

Doesn't Silent Lake block physical Runes too?

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 05:59:24 PM »
Doesn't Silent Lake block physical Runes too?

No.  Just magic.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 06:21:20 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Fir (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Kratos Aurion (Tales of Symphonia) - I...think? Really unsure here.

Middle

Darth Malak (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - I should really get around to actually beating this.
Masao 'Mark' Inaba (Shin Megami Tensei: Persona) v Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) - Kneejerk

Light

Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Blastoise (Pokémon) - A giant turtle totally counts as Heavy Armor~(Okay, it's really just Michaia vs Mage)
T3-M4 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Llewelyn (Valkyrie Profile) - AC is one thing that T3 does not fail at, and it's enough to screw up Llewelyn pretty bad.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 08:34:30 PM »
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Rika (Phantasy Star IV) - Judging from what everybody has said Reicher has little chance here......but I don't have MK2 (Being in europe and all) so I have to go with his cross edge form. Rika can't really damage CE Reicher due to his massive defence and this has the side effect of building up his attack points or whatever their called. In short Reicher can either kill her with a flurry of unevadable attacks or just spam his somewhat accurate death status.

Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Blastoise (Pokémon) - Micaiah could win this wth a freaking staff equiped!

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 11:13:31 PM »
Middle

Darth Malak (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Cute fight.  I do give Malak HP credit for a solo fight...  and for that matter, I even let him have his captured-Jedi vats.  His damage is awful but I see Nergal as around 60% PCHP, and Malak is probably doubling, so that's an effective 3HKO.  And Nergal's evade is actively negative, so even Malak's horrible accuracy is hitting consistently.  Even if Malak blows a tank on every single counter, and Nergal wipes out a tank a round himself...  yeah, think Nergal bites it first.
Nera (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) v Meru (Legend of Dragoon) - Assuming Nera is Bianca + she has this.  I guess Meru's plan is something like Attack->Healing?  But I think she's heal-locked then even with Dragoon defense and then eventually Dragoon runs out before Meru gets useful doubleturns.  Could be swayed by

Light

T3-M4 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Llewelyn (Valkyrie Profile) - Boo-hiss to using T3  in the DL, if you're using him in combat there's something screwy afoot, like ranking WarCraft peasants or something.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 01:44:47 AM »

Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Rika (Phantasy Star IV): Can't vote.
Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) v Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III): I'm gonna bank on Chris' durability and parrying and what not being enough to eventually beat Jack with healing in the mix.  That, and general "Fuck Jack" vibes cause he's such a bitch to deal with.
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) v Lambda Zellweger (Wild ARMs 4): Yuri needs one combo to win, I think he lives long enough to pull it off.
Taupy (Sands of Destruction) v Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics): Can't vote.

Heavy

Fir (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Kratos Aurion (Tales of Symphonia): Kratos has to provoke a counter or attack with weak Magic moves, which fail to outslug Fir and are still subject to evade.
Marta Lauldi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) v Shadow (Final Fantasy VI): Goes first, should heal lock easily enough.
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears): Don't think I allow defend, so Fei just kind of OHKOs Dorothy easily with Yamikei. 
Annie Eilenberg (Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island) v Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3): Can't vote.

Middle

Darth Malak (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword): Vote unpossible.
Ulrika Mulberry (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Adell (Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories): Ditto.
Nera (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) v Meru (Legend of Dragoon): Think Meru wins this slugfest offhand, since Nera's damage is Magical, if Fire.
Masao 'Mark' Inaba (Shin Megami Tensei: Persona) v Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis): Kneejerk says the one wtih the completed stat topic wins <_<

Light

Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Blastoise (Pokémon): Nosferatu + Awesome Res should give Micaiah the win.
Sunset (Live a Live) v Luceid (Wild ARMs Series): WA1 form should 2HKO Sunset easily, and Sunset sort of does not take hits at all, and needs 3 turns to win.
Goofy (Kingdom Hearts Series) v Tony (Wild ARMs XF): Goofy doesn't completely fail at life...sadly...
T3-M4 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Llewelyn (Valkyrie Profile): Can't vote.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 07:07:16 PM »
Godlike

Taupy (Sands of Destruction) v Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics)- No vote.

Heavy

Marta Lauldi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) v Shadow (Final Fantasy VI)- No vote.
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears)- And the first match of the day in which evade hype fails.

Middle

Darth Malak (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- In hindsight, I should have used someone with less defense than Nergal.
Masao 'Mark' Inaba (Shin Megami Tensei: Persona) v Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis)- No Vote.

Light

T3-M4 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Llewelyn (Valkyrie Profile)- Doesn't Llew have a bunch of ITE hits?

Quote from: Dhyer
T3-M4 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) v Llewelyn (Valkyrie Profile)- Hmm, if you need unranked, there is also fodder from ranked games that didn't get in (Aka: Topic needs less KoToR)

I actually try not to used fodder from ranked games on the NR side of the bracket, because I actually am perfectly willing to use them on the DL side (in other words, I try to go by GAME, not CHARACTER, for what is or is not ranked).  That said, aside from occasional droid shenanigans I don't expect to see much KotOR in the topic again.  Next season is more likely Pokemon Spam and Holy Shit FFXIII is Rankable.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 05:11:09 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 03:50:10 AM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Rika (Phantasy Star IV) - Blocker isn't evasion, why do people keep assuming this.  Anyway, I don't remember if Reicher got around Strong Pinch hax or not, but going to assume not for now.

No, he doesn't.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 08:17:52 PM »
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Rika (Phantasy Star IV) - Judging from what everybody has said Reicher has little chance here......but I don't have MK2 (Being in europe and all) so I have to go with his cross edge form. Rika can't really damage CE Reicher due to his massive defence and this has the side effect of building up his attack points or whatever their called. In short Reicher can either kill her with a flurry of unevadable attacks or just spam his somewhat accurate death status.

Hm, forgot about Cross Edge Reicher.  But for the record, his only unevadable attacks are his EX attacks (...at least I don't think he had magic attacks, and if they did they probably sucked), which he needs to build up SP for.  In a duel against someone who is only attacking once, he's not going to be getting much SP to use them with, and missing with his normal attacks lowers the SP gain as well.  It kind of depends on just how durable you see him (I killed him in like 4 turns on Hard mode so he's... not really all that durable), though.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 01:34:15 AM »
I disagree. Lazarus, Augustine and some other bosses are quite undurable but Reicher along with Bourd and Jedah are a different story. I played through the game normally without powerleveling or a great deal of weapon crafting and had no problem dropping guys like Augustine in two turns. Reicher I found to be near impossible to overkill quickly due to the great defence and the regen (and counter forcing you to heal)

(...at least I don't think he had magic attacks, and if they did they probably sucked
He has something called something Fear I think. A dark attack with death tagged on.

In a duel against someone who is only attacking once, he's not going to be getting much SP to use them with, and missing with his normal attacks lowers the SP gain as well.
He has a spell like I mentioned above and I'm 99% sure he also has parry which negates physicals when he drops to 25% health. Rika's strength is in her physicals and without them she can't kill before the death status gets her.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 01:36:09 AM by Rozalia »