Author Topic: Tourney of Interest: Season 11, Week 3  (Read 3258 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Re: Tourney of Interest: Season 11, Week 3
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 07:26:53 PM »
Yeah that's the problem Tal.  Typically I let mages/ranged users counters FE range.  Disgaea... has it's own forms of counters though and IIRC they are melee only anyway, which would give it an unfair disadvantage against FE since I let ranged from other games counter.  Not sure how to interpret that when putting them against a FE fighter since I haven't seen it yet.  In this case it doesn't matter since I think it's 3HKO each.  Rasp goes first so that's that, but if she was fighting someone not quite as fail then counters would become an issue!

Ah, well I also let characters counter FE characters, but I don't extend that to skills that ignore FE counters such as AoE.  So if Raspberyl is avoiding the counter that way, she doesn't get her own counter with that, though I can see still allowing the melee counter from Disgaea 3 in that case.

Raspberyl (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) vs Gordin (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon) - Gordin actually has good damage and more magic defence then most. He 2HKOs and is countering Raspberyl's magic.

Raspberyl has AoE magic and FE can't counter AoE/MT stuff.  I doubt it matters if you think he 2HKOs though, just saying.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2010, 07:41:05 PM »
Oops forgot to vote it looks like!

Godlike

Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - I... think?  Lady's not a very good boss fighter to me, but I don't have a whole lot of Garm respect either.
Guv (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) vs Violetta (Grandia III)
Rika (Phantasy Star IV) vs Jack Russel (Radiata Stories)
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Taupy (Sands of Destruction) - Taupy's like the best Yuri spoiler there is.

Heavy

Zaalbar (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) vs Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume)
Jowy (Suikoden II) vs Tidus (Final Fantasy X)
Fir (Fire Emblem: The Sword of Seals) vs Marta Lauldi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World)
Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears) vs Annie Eilenberg (Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island) - Annie twinks up DEF to stop the OHKO and then throws a barrel at Fei.  Of course this doesn't let her win but.

Middle

Bob (Suikoden II) vs Odie (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)
Bianca (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia)
Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Ulrika Mulberry (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - lolgal
Nera (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis)

Needs less DQV.

Light

Volug (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Mightyena (Pokémon)
Raspberyl (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) vs Gordin (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon)
Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Sunset (Live a Live)
Goofy (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs T3-M4 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2010, 09:34:26 PM »
Godlike

Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): Blasts her into oblivion.
Guv (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) vs Violetta (Grandia III): I... guess?
Rika (Phantasy Star IV) vs Jack Russel (Radiata Stories): About as one sided as it goes.
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Taupy (Sands of Destruction):

Heavy

Zaalbar (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) vs Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume): An assumption on my part, here.
Jowy (Suikoden II) vs Tidus (Final Fantasy X): Yo ho ho and an OHKO.
Fir (Fire Emblem: The Sword of Seals) vs Marta Lauldi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World):
Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears) vs Annie Eilenberg (Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island)

Middle

Bob (Suikoden II) vs Odie (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters): Cute. See Dhyer.
Bianca (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia): Have fun trying to win with your physical against Estelle, Bianca. I'd put Estelle in Heavy myself but maybe I have an unusually high level of respect for her.
Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Ulrika Mulberry (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): Halves darkness. Has the Uryu charge-turn move. Wasn't that ITD even?
Nera (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis): I never actually saw Nera in combat.

Light

Raspberyl (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) vs Gordin (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon)
Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Sunset (Live a Live): Micaiah's damage is sufficient.
Goofy (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs T3-M4 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic): Hmm.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 04:03:13 AM »
Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Ulrika Mulberry (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): Halves darkness. Has the Uryu charge-turn move. Wasn't that ITD even?

Ulrika immunes darkness on an armor.

Intent to Destroy may be ItD but it's not ITD.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2010, 05:31:20 AM »
Ah, well I also let characters counter FE characters, but I don't extend that to skills that ignore FE counters such as AoE.  So if Raspberyl is avoiding the counter that way, she doesn't get her own counter with that, though I can see still allowing the melee counter from Disgaea 3 in that case.

Yeah that makes sense.  In that case Raspberyl wins with a quicker 3HKO.  Actually even if she got 2HKOed.  She could switch to her best fire spell, move to melee range and us it and not get countered.  Then she could counter the attack on Gordin's turn.  Then drop the third hit on her turn.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2010, 08:40:14 PM »
Godlike

Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Guv (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) vs Violetta (Grandia III)
Rika (Phantasy Star IV) vs Jack Russel (Radiata Stories)
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Taupy (Sands of Destruction)- No vote.

Heavy

Zaalbar (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) vs Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume)
Jowy (Suikoden II) vs Tidus (Final Fantasy X)
Fir (Fire Emblem: The Sword of Seals) vs Marta Lauldi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World)- No vote.
Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears) vs Annie Eilenberg (Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island)

Middle

Bob (Suikoden II) vs Odie (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)
Bianca (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia)
Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Ulrika Mulberry (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Nera (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis)

Light

Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Sunset (Live a Live)
Goofy (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs T3-M4 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.