Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 4~  (Read 4353 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 4~
« on: March 30, 2010, 03:11:03 AM »
I think you know the drill by now. Copy the match ups below and bold which song you like better. The names are links to a stream of the song.

If there are any mistakes, please let me know ASAP so we can fix them.

I will put up a new pool every half week and they will all be open for a week as well. If enough people don't like this pace, I am willing to change the schedule, but let's roll with this and see how it goes.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Shadow of the Colossus - Epilogue - Those Who Remain VS. Tales of Legendia - The Legendary Sorceror
Etrian Odyssey II - Labyrinth IV ~ Cherry Tree Bridge VS. Valkyrie Profile - Turn Over a New Leaf
Wild ARMs Alter Code: F - G’s Roar VS. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Midna’s Desperate Hour
Blazblue - Awakening the Chaos VS. Labyrinth of Touhou - Ikusa Japan

Final Fantasy X-2 - Eternity ~Memory of Lightwaves~ VS. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - The Great Sea
Bayonetta - Let’s Dance, Boys! VS. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - Beyond the Distant Skies: Roy’s Journey
Time Hollow - Time Hollow VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - The End of 1000 Years
Blazblue - Motor Head (Iron Tager) VS. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Ending -Dissidia-

ANIME
Seikon no Qwaser - Passionate squall VS. NANA - Rose
Pokemon - Pokemon Johto VS. Mazinger Z - Mazin Go

ARRANGED
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Ruined Castle Corridor - Arranged version VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "+4" 4
Final Fantasy XI - Piano Collections Final Fantasy XI - The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah VS. Lionel Pinteau - Nostalgic Melodies

Full pool download
http://www.mediafire.com/?gi1dgqm4yjd
NOTE: The Ruined Castle Corridor track in the Mediafire download is incorrect.  It can be downloaded from the Tindeck link above.

Voting closes in one week after the time of this post.  EDIT: Monday April 5, 11 PM EST. EDIT EDIT: Tuesday April 6, 7:00 PM EST.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 10:34:40 PM by Talaysen »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 4~
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 04:23:06 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Shadow of the Colossus - Epilogue - Those Who Remain VS. Tales of Legendia - The Legendary Sorceror - The vocals could use a bit of work but at least it doesn't take two minutes to do anything, for all that Those Who Remain isn't a bad track.
Etrian Odyssey II - Labyrinth IV ~ Cherry Tree Bridge VS. Valkyrie Profile - Turn Over a New Leaf - Turn Over a New Leaf is okay for generic Sakuraba.  EO dungeon themes tend to be good stuff, meanwhile.
Wild ARMs Alter Code: F - G’s Roar VS. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Midna’s Desperate Hour - Well, that wasn't difficult.
Blazblue - Awakening the Chaos VS. Labyrinth of Touhou - Ikusa Japan - Well Awakening the Chaos was a fair deal better than what I was expecting but the start was kinda bland and it could have done without the moaning in the background.  Ikusa Japan isn't really my thing meanwhile but I think it's enough here.

Final Fantasy X-2 - Eternity ~Memory of Lightwaves~ VS. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - The Great Sea - Great Sea is kinda there.
Bayonetta - Let’s Dance, Boys! VS. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - Beyond the Distant Skies: Roy’s Journey - lawl fe6 music
Time Hollow - Time Hollow VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - The End of 1000 Years - Man I was digging Time Hollow until the vocals started.
Blazblue - Motor Head (Iron Tager) VS. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Ending -Dissidia- - Huh, Motor Head's kinda cool.  The Dissidia track is very nice, meanwhile, but it really could use better transitions.  Eh, going with this for now.

ANIME
Seikon no Qwaser - Passionate squall VS. NANA - Rose - Eh.
Pokemon - Pokemon Johto VS. Mazinger Z - Mazin Go - Superior cheese.  First Pokemon OP would've won this handily.

ARRANGED
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Castlevania: Aira of Sorrow arranged version- - Ruined Castle Corridor VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "+4" 4 - EDIT: Listened to the proper track, changing vote.
Final Fantasy XI - Piano Collections Final Fantasy XI - The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah VS. Lionel Pinteau - Nostalgic Melodies - I kinda forgot the other track was playing.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:29:27 PM by Random Consonant »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 04:58:59 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Shadow of the Colossus - Epilogue - Those Who Remain VS. Tales of Legendia - The Legendary Sorceror: Nom solidarity and all.
Etrian Odyssey II - Labyrinth IV ~ Cherry Tree Bridge VS. Valkyrie Profile - Turn Over a New Leaf: Eh, sure, it's a nice, relaxing little piece. Endgame version of New Leaf is better anyway.
Wild ARMs Alter Code: F - G’s Roar VS. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Midna’s Desperate Hour: Nice battle track versus something that doesn't leave a big impression.
Blazblue - Awakening the Chaos VS. Labyrinth of Touhou - Ikusa Japan: Oh, fuck you, Hatbot. Anyway, Guilty Gear/Star Trek theme mashup can beat FUNDOSHI POWER today I guess.

Final Fantasy X-2 - Eternity ~Memory of Lightwaves~ VS. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - The Great Sea: Prettier.
Bayonetta - Let’s Dance, Boys! VS. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - Beyond the Distant Skies: Roy’s Journey: Not boring.
Time Hollow - Time Hollow VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - The End of 1000 Years: Time Hollow makes me think of Evanescence. Evanescence sucks.
Blazblue - Motor Head (Iron Tager) VS. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Ending -Dissidia-: See Lance.

ANIME
Seikon no Qwaser - Passionate squall VS. NANA - Rose: Eh.
Pokemon - Pokemon Johto VS. Mazinger Z - Mazin Go: Less painful. Really.

ARRANGED
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Castlevania: Aira of Sorrow arranged version- - Ruined Castle Corridor VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "+4" 4: Version super linked is pretty good.
Final Fantasy XI - Piano Collections Final Fantasy XI - The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah VS. Lionel Pinteau - Nostalgic Melodies: Not really in a piano mood.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:56:25 PM by El Cideon »

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 05:00:13 AM »
EDIT1: Listened to correct track.  Vote remains the same in favor of Castlevania.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Shadow of the Colossus - Epilogue - Those Who Remain VS. Tales of Legendia - The Legendary Sorceror
Etrian Odyssey II - Labyrinth IV ~ Cherry Tree Bridge VS. Valkyrie Profile - Turn Over a New Leaf
Wild ARMs Alter Code: F - G’s Roar VS. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Midna’s Desperate Hour

Final Fantasy X-2 - Eternity ~Memory of Lightwaves~ VS. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - The Great Sea
Bayonetta - Let’s Dance, Boys! VS. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - Beyond the Distant Skies: Roy’s Journey
Blazblue - Motor Head (Iron Tager) VS. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Ending -Dissidia-

ANIME
Seikon no Qwaser - Passionate squall VS. NANA - Rose: Wasn't actually expecting it to get in actually.

ARRANGED
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Castlevania: Aira of Sorrow arranged version- - Ruined Castle Corridor VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "+4" 4
Final Fantasy XI - Piano Collections Final Fantasy XI - The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah VS. Lionel Pinteau - Nostalgic Melodies
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 06:43:49 AM by Fudozukushi »

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 05:50:16 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Castlevania: Aira of Sorrow arranged version- - Ruined Castle Corridor VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "+4" 4

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 06:48:45 AM »
I think the average quality of this pool might be the highest?  Not quite as many complete standouts but a lot of pieces that I really like that lost.

Those Who Remain is really good, actually, and The Legendary Sorceror probably doesn't even make my personal Top 10 of ToL tracks, but that just goes to show how stupidly awesome the ToL soundtrack is I guess.
Sure I'll buy the hype, though I like Turn Over a New Leaf too.
My only complaint with Midna's Desperate Hour is that it does loop a little quickly.  G's Roar is...  ah, that piece.  Yeah this is actually one of the best pieces in WA1, but WA1 also is my least favorite soundtrack of the Wild Arms series.  Good but definitely not winning this one.  Both of these get credit for working quite nicely in-game too.
Mm.  Chaos feels a bit too stretched out - a shorter loop would have helped, at least out-of-game?  Flip side Japan is just kinda generic.

~Fear an awl~ in your eye~ ...wait.  Okay more seriously the opening is pretty much the one redeeming thing about FFX-2, it's a really pretty piece.  I like "Ocean" too though, it's jaunty and fun.
...sleazy.  Sure.  And I'm not on the FE music hate-train but eh, this one didn't do it fo rme.
End of 1K years just doesn't seem to do all that much.  Time Hollow has a cool intro and the vocals are tolerable I guess, so sure.
I managed to get distracted and forget to pay attention to Motor Head TWICE.  I'm not giving it a third shot vs. a passable enough FF medly.

ANIME
Unsure.  They're both good but not really my style.
Let us speak no more of this.  Ever.

ARRANGED
Sure, this can ruin my castle any time.  EDIT: And "real" version is better anyway.
Some FF11 music is pretty good, but yeah, this is too subtle for its own good.  Meanwhile good Seiken Densetsu arranges are good.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 08:29:55 PM by SnowFire »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 06:56:47 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Etrian Odyssey II - Labyrinth IV ~ Cherry Tree Bridge VS. Valkyrie Profile - Turn Over a New Leaf- Mmm.  I can see the appeal of EOII's track but I've always liked Turn Over a New Leaf, associated with just the right sort of cheese.

Final Fantasy X-2 - Eternity ~Memory of Lightwaves~ VS. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - The Great Sea- Eternity sounds like the prelude to a vocal that never, uh, starts.  Great Sea just doesn't start.  I can't help feeling that, if this were instead the Hyrule Field theme from any other Zelda game, I might take it for nostalgia but... nah.
Bayonetta - Let’s Dance, Boys! VS. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - Beyond the Distant Skies: Roy’s Journey- Could be better, but hey, can't hurt having at least some of these Jazzy tracks move on.
Time Hollow - Time Hollow VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - The End of 1000 Years- Time Hollow's not bad, despite having some of the more unfortunate "I'm covering up mediocre singing talent" tricks.  But man, apparently whatever awesome spawned Tsukihime's anime soundtrack saved something.  I think this is my pick to win the pool.

ANIME
Seikon no Qwaser - Passionate squall VS. NANA - Rose- I guess.  Rose has that garbled, engrishy feel that I always associate with "bad jPop".  It always baffles me when people call other stuff jPop, in fact.

ARRANGED
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Castlevania: Aira of Sorrow arranged version- - Ruined Castle Corridor VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "+4" 4- Y'know, I tried to listen to +4 a couple of times and kept forgetting it was on.  I'll just take that as a sign.
Edit: Yeah, new version doesn't fail, therefore still wins.
Final Fantasy XI - Piano Collections Final Fantasy XI - The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah VS. Lionel Pinteau - Nostalgic Melodies- Edit: whoops, didn't realize which one I was listening to.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 03:09:16 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 07:12:45 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Shadow of the Colossus - Epilogue - Those Who Remain VS. Tales of Legendia - The Legendary Sorceror - Those Who Remain probably works really well in context, but... not quite as much outside. Meanwhile, Legendary Sorceror is unique and interesting and awesome.
Wild ARMs Alter Code: F - G’s Roar VS. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Midna’s Desperate Hour - I forgot what Midna's sounded like a few seconds after it ended.
Blazblue - Awakening the Chaos VS. Labyrinth of Touhou - Ikusa Japan Never was a fan of Awakening the Chaos. Above average Touhou song actually manages to beat it.

Final Fantasy X-2 - Eternity ~Memory of Lightwaves~ VS. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - The Great Sea - Eternity is nice, I guess, but meeeeh to this match in general.
Bayonetta - Let’s Dance, Boys! VS. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - Beyond the Distant Skies: Roy’s Journey - Holy shit, a good song vs the definition of generic!
Time Hollow - Time Hollow VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - The End of 1000 Years - I really found myself digging Time Hollow. The Melty Blood song is just kind of a bunch of elements thrown together into a loop.
Blazblue - Motor Head (Iron Tager) VS. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Ending -Dissidia- Hey, an ending song that works out of context!

ANIME
Seikon no Qwaser - Passionate squall VS. NANA - Rose - Rose has a great garage band type feel to it. The other one is pretty good though.
Pokemon - Pokemon Johto VS. Mazinger Z - Mazin Go - Classic Japanese vocals gogogogo. I should nom the GE999 or Harlock theme next time.

ARRANGED
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Castlevania: Aira of Sorrow arranged version- - Ruined Castle Corridor VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "+4" 4 - EDIT: Still kind of meh. The correct version is much better and makes me switch the vote, but sounds awkward by trying for sounds too close to the original rather than just going all out instrumental.
Final Fantasy XI - Piano Collections Final Fantasy XI - The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah VS. Lionel Pinteau - Nostalgic Melodies - Almost the same thing as above applies, but they're better about it. Nostalgic Melodies is alright though.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 11:50:06 PM by Hunter Sopko »

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 07:35:39 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Shadow of the Colossus - Epilogue - Those Who Remain VS. Tales of Legendia - The Legendary Sorceror: Mmmmboth are decent. Digging the ethereal stylings of Colossus more right now.
Etrian Odyssey II - Labyrinth IV ~ Cherry Tree Bridge VS. Valkyrie Profile - Turn Over a New Leaf: Cherry trees are relaxing.
Wild ARMs Alter Code: F - G’s Roar VS. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Midna’s Desperate Hour: It's alright. Enough so to beat the product of Random WA Battle Theme Generator.
Blazblue - Awakening the Chaos VS. Labyrinth of Touhou - Ikusa Japan: While Awakening is the one awesome BB track, it does take a forever and a half to get started. Ikusa is another surprise of the contest to me, really fun upbeat fighting spirit~! theme. Tough luck.

Final Fantasy X-2 - Eternity ~Memory of Lightwaves~ VS. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - The Great Sea: Zeldamusik has no chance in hell against a support nom.
Bayonetta - Let’s Dance, Boys! VS. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - Beyond the Distant Skies: Roy’s Journey: Fun sleaze vs... okay yeah, going with sleaze.
Time Hollow - Time Hollow VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - The End of 1000 Years: Time Hollow was awesome until the vocals kicked in and injected my brain with suppressed memories of being subjected to MTV.
Blazblue - Motor Head (Iron Tager) VS. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Ending -Dissidia-: See that bit about Awakening above? It means Motorhead is not the one awesome BB track. Yup. FF ending themes tend to all be the same thing but they're quality.

ANIME
Seikon no Qwaser - Passionate squall VS. NANA - Rose: Hmm. It has flashes of quality, I dunno what to think of it. On the other hand Rose is -painfully- generic anime OP material.
Pokemon - Pokemon Johto VS. Mazinger Z - Mazin Go: I absolutely refuse to show any kind of support for either.

ARRANGED
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Castlevania: Aira of Sorrow arranged version- - Ruined Castle Corridor VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "+4" 4: EDIT: Okay, the -real- version is cool.
Final Fantasy XI - Piano Collections Final Fantasy XI - The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah VS. Lionel Pinteau - Nostalgic Melodies: Official FF piano arranges tend to be zzz-worthy. This is one of the better ones in that it keeps my attention, even if it sorely feels like it's missing something...but the other arrange blows it away like a fresh breeze.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:14:14 PM by Tonfa »
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

EternalLurker

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 07:39:41 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
  second favorite SotC piece next to Farthest Land, not that there's much other competition in the soundtrack (maybe two other pieces; the rest are repetitive)
  >_>
  Here is a version that, while it doesn't loop, doesn't cut in at both beginnings like this one.
  <_<

Heh, out of nowhere someone in jazz band threw the piano version of that FF piece at me and asked me to play it in middle school, so it's nice to hear the full version. The Great Sea is probably my second favorite overworld theme next to TP's, though, so I'll feel guilty about this vote if this doesn't at least get in the top four.
  Cough what.
  Double-cough.
  And again.

ANIME
  ugh, flipped a coin
  ugh, here too

ARRANGED
  oh jeez really? Someone nommed the arranged version of Corridor? I nommed the unarranged one. o_O Well, among other flaws, it most notably doesn't kick into the B and C sections nearly as well as the unarranged one. I much prefer the original. Arranged version loses to a fairly boring piano piece. Real version is much, much better. ^_^
  As for a good piano piece, this one fits the bill quite nicely.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 11:14:58 PM by EternalLurker »

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 09:38:09 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Shadow of the Colossus - Epilogue - Those Who Remain VS. Tales of Legendia - The Legendary Sorceror - Not a huge fan of Sorcerer, but at least it grabs your attention. SotC music really strikes me as going for the atmospheric style in general. Which is fine...in game. I just don't tend to like atmospheric stuff like that as stand alone music.
Etrian Odyssey II - Labyrinth IV ~ Cherry Tree Bridge VS. Valkyrie Profile - Turn Over a New Leaf - I was just starting to get into New Leaf and bob my head along with it...when it ended. Dissapointing. And enough to hand the match to Cherry Tree Bridge, which was quite good on it's own anyway.
Wild ARMs Alter Code: F - G’s Roar VS. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Midna’s Desperate Hour - Tough one, actually. I like G's Roar alot, but Midna's really...this'll sound strange, but it really shows how to do quality background music for me. Neither intrusive nor boring, a great track if I need something to break the silence without distracting me from what I'm doing. Not something I run across too often, so I'll give it the nod here.
Blazblue - Awakening the Chaos VS. Labyrinth of Touhou - Ikusa Japan - Nothing really to say on this one.

Final Fantasy X-2 - Eternity ~Memory of Lightwaves~ VS. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - The Great Sea - Meh?
Bayonetta - Let’s Dance, Boys! VS. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - Beyond the Distant Skies: Roy’s Journey - Starting to sound like everything strong was in the first half.
Time Hollow - Time Hollow VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - The End of 1000 Years - I take that back. Both of these are quite good. The Melty one is better, though.
Blazblue - Motor Head (Iron Tager) VS. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Ending -Dissidia- - Iron Tager also brings the awesome. This does not surprise me~

ANIME
Seikon no Qwaser - Passionate squall VS. NANA - Rose - Fail to really care either way.
Pokemon - Pokemon Johto VS. Mazinger Z - Mazin Go - I'm inexplicably fond of cheesy pokemon music~ Mazin Go would probably beat either of the above though. Cheese is fun~

ARRANGED
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Castlevania: Aira of Sorrow arranged version- - Ruined Castle Corridor VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "+4" 4 - Don't really like either. Coinflip, I suppose. EDIT: Listened to the right version. Vote and commentary stand.
Final Fantasy XI - Piano Collections Final Fantasy XI - The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah VS. Lionel Pinteau - Nostalgic Melodies - Okay, so why does nobody do upbeat piano? I love the piano as an instrument, and it does sound really good when doing upbeat songs. It does NOT need to be purely for slow, soft melencholy stuff. Blargh. Anyway, Lionel Plateau is actually really nice, so this is easy.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:52:37 AM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 10:02:37 PM »
EDIT: Now with commentary.
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Shadow of the Colossus - Epilogue - Those Who Remain VS. Tales of Legendia - The Legendary Sorceror - Better out of context.
Etrian Odyssey II - Labyrinth IV ~ Cherry Tree Bridge VS. Valkyrie Profile - Turn Over a New Leaf - Pretty, versus just another Sakuraba.
Wild ARMs Alter Code: F - G’s Roar VS. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Midna’s Desperate Hour - Always a fan of this one, actually. Pretty, but understated.
Blazblue - Awakening the Chaos VS. Labyrinth of Touhou - Ikusa Japan - Wow. And here I thought BB was uniformly a worse OST than GG.

Final Fantasy X-2 - Eternity ~Memory of Lightwaves~ VS. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - The Great Sea - Another Zelda favorite. I sailed around aimlessly in WW in part because of this song.
Bayonetta - Let’s Dance, Boys! VS. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - Beyond the Distant Skies: Roy’s Journey - Snazzy vs. Generic.
Time Hollow - Time Hollow VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - The End of 1000 Years - Eh.
Blazblue - Motor Head (Iron Tager) VS. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Ending -Dissidia- - Eh again.

ANIME
Seikon no Qwaser - Passionate squall VS. NANA - Rose - Care about it more.
Pokemon - Pokemon Johto VS. Mazinger Z - Mazin Go - First American Pokemon OP might make it a fighting chance, but Mazin Go might be the best of classic Ichiro Mizuki.

ARRANGED
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 01:39:13 AM by Ultradude »
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 01:23:13 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Shadow of the Colossus - Epilogue - Those Who Remain VS. Tales of Legendia - The Legendary Sorcerer
Etrian Odyssey II - Labyrinth IV ~ Cherry Tree Bridge VS. Valkyrie Profile - Turn Over a New Leaf - Cherry Tree Bridge is soothing and pleasant. Valkyrie Profile track does nothing for 55 seconds and then just ends. Tough choice, this.
Blazblue - Awakening the Chaos VS. Labyrinth of Touhou - Ikusa Japan - Huh. Guess there is some good Touhou music out there after all.

Bayonetta - Let’s Dance, Boys! VS. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - Beyond the Distant Skies: Roy’s Journey - Oh lawd. This match is so one-sided it hurts. Hurts, I tell you.
"I've got it! For the end credits, we'll just take 30-second samples from a handful of classic Final Fantasy tracks, remix them, and cobble them all together into one track."
"But won't that get discordant? What about transitions?"
"Bah, fine, throw some in there if you must. Even without transitions, though, they'll forgive us since we're remixing all their favorite nostalgic Final Fantasy tracks."
"Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that? How do you come up with this stuff?"
"I know, right? It's like I'm some kind of brain genius over here. Pass the cocaine."

ANIME
Seikon no Qwaser - Passionate Squall VS. NANA - Rose - Oh wow. Both of these tracks rock my balls off. I'll stick with the personal favorite, but if Passionate Squall wins, that's cool too.
Pokemon - Pokemon Johto VS. Mazinger Z - Mazin Go - Well, at least Rose/Passionate Squall will have an easy win in the next round....

ARRANGED
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow arranged version- - Ruined Castle Corridor VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "+4" 4 - EDIT: Alright, I listened to the correct Castlevania remix. It wins this match.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 12:39:51 AM by Lance »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 02:15:34 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Shadow of the Colossus - Epilogue - Those Who Remain VS. Tales of Legendia - The Legendary Sorceror- This match is too good for round 1.
Etrian Odyssey II - Labyrinth IV ~ Cherry Tree Bridge VS. Valkyrie Profile - Turn Over a New Leaf-Labyrinth 4 is interestig. There are some parts of the song that I love, but I don't care for the rest of it. However, I hate most VP/SO songs and this one is no exception.
Wild ARMs Alter Code: F - G’s Roar VS. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Midna’s Desperate Hour-Another match that's too good for round one.
Blazblue - Awakening the Chaos VS. Labyrinth of Touhou - Ikusa Japan- This isn't close.

Bayonetta - Let’s Dance, Boys! VS. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - Beyond the Distant Skies: Roy’s Journey-Let's Dance Boys is fun.

ANIME
Seikon no Qwaser - Passionate squall VS. NANA - Rose Passionate Squall is solid, but they have some sound in it that hurts my ears.

ARRANGED
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Castlevania: Aira of Sorrow arranged version- - Ruined Castle Corridor VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "+4" 4 I don't like Corridor that much and the arranged version doesn't do much with it.
Final Fantasy XI - Piano Collections Final Fantasy XI - The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah VS. Lionel Pinteau - Nostalgic Melodies-Nostalgic melodies is solid and had some interesting song choices. Kind of disappointed with the arranged and anime tracks as a whole this round though.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 02:46:56 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

[EDIT] Have accounted for the different track.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 11:03:45 PM by Twilkitri »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 09:45:51 PM »
Blazblue - Awakening the Chaos VS. Labyrinth of Touhou - Ikusa Japan - Huh. Guess there is some good Touhou music out there after all.

It's actually a Touhou fangame.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 09:53:16 AM »
Shadow of the Colossus - Epilogue - Those Who Remain VS. Tales of Legendia - The Legendary Sorceror - Doesn't violate the second law of thermodynamics
Etrian Odyssey II - Labyrinth IV ~ Cherry Tree Bridge VS. Valkyrie Profile - Turn Over a New Leaf - More pink trees
Wild ARMs Alter Code: F - G’s Roar VS. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Midna’s Desperate Hour - You know if that played everytime the map disappeared from under me I'd totally give ACF 10/10 bra
Blazblue - Awakening the Chaos VS. Labyrinth of Touhou - Ikusa Japan - More Richard content

Final Fantasy X-2 - Eternity ~Memory of Lightwaves~ VS. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - The Great Sea - Sailing in video games always becomes a cherished mechanic, ask S4
Bayonetta - Let’s Dance, Boys!VS. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - Beyond the Distant Skies: Roy’s Journey - GBA FE music is doing it wrong, meanwhile Bayonetta always does it right
Time Hollow - Time Hollow VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - The End of 1000 Years - Richard's life could be on MTV, also Kara no Kyoukai >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all for MB battle tracks
Blazblue - Motor Head (Iron Tager) VS. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Ending -Dissidia- - Man MWC altsequel with Richard vs. Soviet Richard would be the best game ever
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 08:23:51 AM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 03:48:52 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Shadow of the Colossus - Epilogue - Those Who Remain VS. Tales of Legendia - The Legendary Sorceror- Quality mood piece vs something that's okay.
Etrian Odyssey II - Labyrinth IV~ Cherry Tree Bridge VS. Valkyrie Profile - Turn Over a New Leaf
Wild ARMs Alter Code: F - G’s Roar VS. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Midna’s Desperate Hour- A little better.
Blazblue - Awakening the Chaos VS. Labyrinth of Touhou - Ikusa Japan- Both surprisingly good.

Final Fantasy X-2 - Eternity ~Memory of Lightwaves~ VS. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - The Great Sea- Good FFX-2 music?!?! LIES
Bayonetta - Let’s Dance, Boys! VS. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - Beyond the Distant Skies: Roy’s Journey- Underdog vote.
Time Hollow - Time Hollow VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - The End of 1000 Years- Oooh, I like both. BUt yeah, time hollow's pretty different for this tournament so it gets my vote.
Blazblue - Motor Head (Iron Tager) VS. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Ending -Dissidia-- Coinflip, I enjoyed both.

ANIME
Seikon no Qwaser - Passionate squall VS. NANA - Rose- What Soppy said.

ARRANGED
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Castlevania: Aira of Sorrow arranged version- - Ruined Castle Corridor VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "+4" 4- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZr0SI_pW1E Oh, shit. Just finally got up to checking this topic, and here is the right version of this track. Apologies.
Final Fantasy XI - Piano Collections Final Fantasy XI - The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah VS. Lionel Pinteau - Nostalgic Melodies- Nice remix vs zzzzzzzzzzzz.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:53:06 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 10:33:57 PM »
It has been brought to my attention that the Ruined Castle Corridor arranged link was the wrong song.  It has been fixed.  Please go back and listen to the correct version and edit your post to say you have, otherwise I can't count it.  If you have already done this, then you don't need to do anything, nor do you if you post after now.  Apologies for the inconvenience.

Also, I will be extending the deadline until three days after this post.  That is 6:00 PM Tuesday April 6.

Taishyr

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 10:36:15 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Etrian Odyssey II - Labyrinth IV ~ Cherry Tree Bridge VS. Valkyrie Profile - Turn Over a New Leaf - Not feeling Leaf. Give it a remix that creatively explores it, and maybe.
Wild ARMs Alter Code: F - G’s Roar VS. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Midna’s Desperate Hour - ...well G's Roar got me moving with it near-immediately. Sweet little piece... LoZ... ...uh, is this... this sounds like a recording of the song - staticy, kinda, in weird places. Moment. Yeah, EternalLurker's link has a slightly better quality version of this - I don't know how I caught this, normally it's not the sort of thing I even notice, but there you go. I think it stood out to me since it didn't sound like it was supposed to be blurred or anything. Anyway, mmm... gonna go with the more upbeat one - this being said, good match, sweet tracks both. Oh, did I mention I tend to make these notes for my own reference more than anything else? I wanna remember what to grab later. >_>
Blazblue - Awakening the Chaos VS. Labyrinth of Touhou - Ikusa Japan - Voting against FUUUUUUUUNDOOOOOOOOOSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII BARIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR for this. Iunno, but Ikusa Japan's probably one of my least favorite boss themes from Touhou Odyssey... which is to say it's solid, but I like the Blazblue track a lot, too.

Final Fantasy X-2 - Eternity ~Memory of Lightwaves~ VS. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - The Great Sea - Both decent background music.
Bayonetta - Let’s Dance, Boys! VS. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - Beyond the Distant Skies: Roy’s Journey - I confess I bolded this without listening to the FE track. I didn't feel I needed to listen to FE (though, for the record, I have). Smooth jazz? I may need to play Bayonetta for their good taste in music alone. The FE track's not bad, mind! A bit short and kinda... generic overworld mappish, but not bad. Bayonetta just bowled it over, here.
Time Hollow - Time Hollow VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - The End of 1000 Years - ...buh? Both of these pieces went in a completely different direction from what I kept expecting them to do. Uh... Time Hollow kept my interest longer. 1000 Years is a 1:04 track made into 3:12 (it really does seem to just repeat itself completely twice), which um...

ANIME
Seikon no Qwaser - Passionate squall VS. NANA - Rose - Both decent.
Pokemon - Pokemon Johto VS. Mazinger Z - Mazin Go - ... going to leave this match to everyone else.

ARRANGED
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Castlevania: Aira of Sorrow arranged version- - Ruined Castle Corridor VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "+4" 4 - For the record, just in case, I did listen to the correct version.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 05:22:51 PM by Taitoro »

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 06:20:45 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Ruined Castle Corridor - Arranged version VS. SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "+4" 4

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 07:27:40 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 07:44:09 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Shadow of the Colossus - Epilogue - Those Who Remain VS. Tales of Legendia - The Legendary Sorceror - very nice.
Blazblue - Awakening the Chaos VS. Labyrinth of Touhou - Ikusa Japan - tough call.  they're both nice for more or less the same reasons.

Bayonetta - Let’s Dance, Boys! VS. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - Beyond the Distant Skies: Roy’s Journey - apathy.
Time Hollow - Time Hollow VS. Melty Blood Act Cadenza - The End of 1000 Years - Time Hollow gets bonus points for being a DDR song, but points off for being from DDR:X and having a really boring step pattern.  Oh, and sucking.

ANIME
Seikon no Qwaser - Passionate squall VS. NANA - Rose - NO.
Pokemon - Pokemon Johto VS. Mazinger Z - Mazin Go - 90's in the best was possible v. 80's in the best way possible.  nice match.

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy XI - Piano Collections Final Fantasy XI - The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah VS. Lionel Pinteau - Nostalgic Melodies - argh, tough call, they're both very nice.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 07:19:02 PM »
4 hour and 43 minute warning!  Also, a reminder that one of the linked tracks was incorrect and fixed for people who didn't see it before.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 12:38:08 AM »
Voting is closed.