Register

Author Topic: DL Mafia GAME OVER Scum Win  (Read 62781 times)

Bardiche

Re: DL Mafia (Day 3) LYLO!
« Reply #475 on: June 05, 2010, 02:28:16 AM »
Absolutely impossible. If the deadline is in less than seven hours, I'd have less than seven hours of sleep.

There are thnigs I am willing to do for a mafier game but waking up extra early just for a hammer is not one of them.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 05, 2010, 02:30:48 AM »
Fair enough.

Actually, the "go out and do something Friday night" plan is sounding really attractive to me right now after running home from work and stressing over Mafia on the Internets for too long, especially when I'm already pretty sure it doesn't actually matter if we lynch Tai first or Rou first.  Screw it, let's hope this works out.

##VOTE: Taishyr

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 05, 2010, 02:33:56 AM »
Blaaaaaaaaah okay, time to make it quick.

Yeah off the cuff Tai/Rat at the very least talked more about each other.  Tai tunneled it down to Rat/Alice at the end which, if we lynched Rat, hey Tai gets towncred while lynching Alice can be excused by LAL.  Rat ends Day 2 saying he's leery of Tai based off of the Xanth/Tai spat but then doesn't mention him again next day until prompted. 

And... Bard brings up a good point.  Though he's brought up a lot of fresh ideas in his posts he never has actually pursued any of the cases to a meaningful degree. 

A point against the Tai/Rat pair is that if Rat is Scum!Tai's scumbuddy then who Tai targetted each night is much less of a tell if Rou isn't scum. 

But... Rat also doesn't address any sort of case on Rou, either, claiming to be dubious of my case on him, and from what I recall Rou never really talks about Rat except to say that there's nothing objectionable.  This might be more scummy to me since I'd imagine scum would want to downplay any ties to each other? 

---

Holy shit I don't like Snow going all Leroy Jenkins about this.  Gaaaaah.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 05, 2010, 02:36:43 AM »
I also don't like how Snow's not only pushing for a lynch to hammer and has kind of been dominating the end of the day discussion ... 

My head hurts.  I think I'm done with this game.  I hope we win but ugh my head hurts.  Honestly I think I'd rather vote Carth over Tai but... blah. 

Bardiche

« Reply #479 on: June 05, 2010, 02:37:45 AM »
Whatever. I'm unhappy enough with Carthrat that I'll

##VOTE: Carthrat

and then go off to sleep.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: June 05, 2010, 02:38:07 AM »
Wait, the powerup has already been claimed, so I don't feel bad about declaring my N2 target.

Taishyr: claimed tasty treats that he didn't really know what they did.  I figured powering up his role might tell him what he actually does (for some reason I visualized muffins becoming cake and cake having a doc effect).  This migt give us more information on him if we were headed towards a lynch.  And...I figured the most townie looking players would probably get nightkilled N2 or N3, so I decided to boost someone more middle-of-the-road towniness.

The fact that it's apparently LYLO makes me more suspicious of Tai, though.  Scum's apparently got a lot of power today/tonight.  Did that come from me/Bard?  Maybe....  Not that my suspicions matter (Bard controls the vote, not me; reading/posting from cell phone = yeah...no).

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 05, 2010, 02:51:03 AM »
Kilga, I want your thoughts.  I'll decide what to do after that.  I'll leave it at that.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 05, 2010, 02:51:41 AM »
Crap glad I took a last look before taking off.

Do we want to vote Rat instead?  If that's Bardiche's pick...  sure.  I feel bad about being immature but I'm done too.  Let's just end this.

##UNVOTE: Tai
##VOTE: Rat

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 05, 2010, 02:54:12 AM »
Though ugh now feeling bad if it's Rou / Tai like originally assumed rather than Tai / Rat.  ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh no no no screw it, walking out door now, not looking at thread for another hour or two, going to take a niiiiiiice long walk.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #484 on: June 05, 2010, 02:55:09 AM »
I'll be around for the rest of the night. Personal vote preference order is currently Tai > Rat > Roukan.

I'm also not sold on Tai/Snow not being a scumteam, LYLO is a fantastic time for distancing tactics and public spats.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 05, 2010, 02:56:01 AM »
If it's not obvious I'm pretty much at the end of my rope.  Sorry.  Being the main "alternative" on the lynch train to Rat / Rou / Tai and all is really stressful.

Okay, and now I'm gone.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 05, 2010, 03:00:29 AM »
Deadline's at 1AM MST, I will check back before then.  My thoughts on "To Eff this game, or not to eff this game" pretty much mirror Snow's.  I hope we win but ugh.  My thoughts are out there I think and I'm not devoting another ounce of brainpower to it.

All apologies to Excal for anything I have done personally to exacerbate the clusterfuck, up to and including going "eff this let's go smash a TV with a baseball bat instead."

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 05, 2010, 03:04:57 AM »
Oh Jesus Christ I need to learn how to read. Hold on, catching up.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 05, 2010, 03:16:38 AM »
Okay, I see two outstanding issues, both of which I feel I've addressed already in my Nightjacks: Tai's scumminess (Bard) and a Tai/Rat pair (Zenny).

Bard: My case on Tai has little to nothing to do with the raw emotion slung around in the Tai/Xanth spat. Give a look through the Hijack's posting history (isn't it useful to have all my thoughts organized by interval?) to see a proper case against him, and review the Tai/Snow interaction today to see more.

Zenny: I believe a Tai/Rat team is possible, even with the Roukan strawberry wurgle thrown in. Their Day 2 interactions looked a lot like public buddy interaction: talk with each other about a certain issue regarding someone else, but don't really go deep into it and don't really question each other about their potential scumminess.

I think I can also now explain the issue I have with Rat's post: he mentions role meta as part of his reason (well, apparently ALL of his reason) for not liking Snow, and yet he himself has violated one of his own role meta tells, that he mentioned at the end of meme.

• His role was an outright copy of someone else's weirder role in a ROLE MADNESS game.

The doc claim looks a little suspect in light of Xanth's claim, and falls under this heading.

It's also worth noting that using role meta at all as an excuse to suspect Snow feels like another excuse to not have to really try, similar to what I mentioned when talking about his Alice vote.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 05, 2010, 03:46:03 AM »
If we're playing role meta...doc is a really powerful class.  In a game with amnesiatic cop, I'd expect a doc role to at best start as a bodyguard role, and maybe power up into a full doctor effect.  A class that's doc without any boosting is...so much better than all the other townie rolls we've seen.

Still, though; role meta >_>

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 05, 2010, 03:53:15 AM »
Yeah, I'm not really trying very hard. Reading the thread is a chore. However my role is significantly different to Xanth's, who only got it after a powerup of some kind. I was always a doc! No doubts there.

##Vote: Snowfire whatevs though, pretty sure this is correct. Unlike speculation over 'which roles could exist?!' my suspicion here is how Snowfire claims to have played his role. Which does not sit right with me.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 05, 2010, 04:08:56 AM »
Going to bed, folks, sorry. Today's hike completely wrecked me and I have no energy left whatsoever.

##Vote: Carthrat

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 05, 2010, 04:26:54 AM »
Right.  Well, if Carth's town, fuck it.  If Carth's scum, yaaaaaaay.

##Vote: Carthrat

And may Excal have mercy on us all.

Roukanken

• Oh hey look I finally have an avatar
  • Denizen
  • About damn time, too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 05, 2010, 06:49:15 AM »
Totally pointless, but

##Vote: Carthrat (L+1)

Overkill is fun.
<@Tanaka> You just have this aura in mafia that reminds me of a big eyed cute innocent puppy

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: DL Mafia (Night 3)
« Reply #494 on: June 05, 2010, 08:07:19 AM »
"Hey guys," Laguna called.  "We probably want to end this thing before the bad guys do it for us.  Or, worse yet, them."  He shrugged as he said this, gesturing at Kefka and Luca.

"I agree!  And my PURE IDEALS tell me that he's an obvious impostor!" Vinsfeld declared, pointing at Raja of all people.

"You fools!  Can't you see, that man has far too many vices to be a president!" Raja cried, pointing at President Loire.

"Y'know, I think I'll chip in just to get him to stop with the jokes.  He's almost as bad as that SEES guy."  And with that, Jin ran up to deal with Raja himself.  Raja might have been able to outlast him (or the dark hour that gave him his powers) if Vinsfeld hadn't of joined in.

"That's right!  We'll show you the battlefield is no laughing matter," Vinsfeld stated right before all three were crushed by a giant foot.

Sadly, it wasn't a foot of flesh, but of steel, attached to a giant war mech and piloted by the man formerly known as Laguna, and more commonly know as the Vice President of the Great United States of America, Richard Hawk, and backed up by a handy DNN news team.

"Don't worry folks, we'll be sure to hold that noted terrorist, Metal Wolf accountable for the horrid crime of shooting a dog," he said as he lowered an arm cannon and casually blasted away Koroku.  Then he turned his attention to the lone figure of Odin, armed only with a mop, and let all of his guns blaze.

Oddly enough, when the smoke cleared, despite the area around Odin being trashed, the only sign the All-Father himself showed was a dented mop, apparently having deflected every shot aimed at him.

"Hah!  You'll have to do better than that to defeat the Leader of the Aesir.  I don't even need the power of the Divine Treasures to defeat the likes of you!  Come, Seifer, let us finish h...  Wait, did you just say Falc..."

His sentence never was finished as with a mighty cry of PAUNCH!!! Team Odin was suddenly blasting off again.

"Well now, looks like our fun time is over," Kefka sighed, horribly disappointed.

"Let's track down where the All-Pig went.  Bet he made a larger crater than Zidane's last stunt."

"Oooo, now that would be impressive!" Kefka sqeed as he scampered off, Luca stalking off on his heels, leaving the two outsiders free from interference and attention.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: June 05, 2010, 08:13:55 AM »
Oh, right.  Final Vote Count.

Carthrat (4): McBard, Snowfire, Kilgamayan, Richard Hawk/Anonymous

Day 4, which would have to exist, would be seeing a scum quicklynch as Town no longer has the ability to stop them from getting the double vote.

Final Flips.

Carthrat (Raja - Town Doctor) has been squished.
Kilgamayon (Jin Shirato - Town Persona User) has been squished
McBard (Vinsfeld Radamanthus - Town Terrorist) has been squished
Taishyr (Koroku - Town Doglike) has been gunned down by Metal Wolf!!!
Zenthor (Odin - Town Beloved All-Father) has been blasted off again.

Snowfire (Richard Hawk - SCUM VPotGUSoA) has won the election.
Roukanken (Captain Falcon - SCUM Bounty Hunter) has won the race.

Role info and night actions to come.

Roukanken

• Oh hey look I finally have an avatar
  • Denizen
  • About damn time, too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 05, 2010, 08:18:16 AM »
<@Tanaka> You just have this aura in mafia that reminds me of a big eyed cute innocent puppy

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: DL Mafia GAME OVER Scum Win
« Reply #497 on: June 05, 2010, 08:31:50 AM »
On the one hand, damn it.  On the other hand, fuck it. 

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 05, 2010, 08:40:00 AM »
Also

Quote from: Snowfire
And lynch ragequitters (who aren't lynched by mod)?  Yes.  Same goes for people who extreme-lurk during LYLO: both aren't around and thus don't have to say anything.  Town can't ever set a precedent that this is okay, or else scum will always do it, disappear, and win with it.  I'm serious.

Though ugh now feeling bad if it's Rou / Tai like originally assumed rather than Tai / Rat.  ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh no no no screw it, walking out door now, not looking at thread for another hour or two

If it's not obvious I'm pretty much at the end of my rope.  Sorry.  Being the main "alternative" on the lynch train to Rat / Rou / Tai and all is really stressful.

Okay, and now I'm gone.

So goddamn obvious to me now.  Hindsight~

« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 08:44:29 AM by Makkotah »

Bardiche

« Reply #499 on: June 05, 2010, 09:15:57 AM »
Proving that, yes, Snowfire being so pushy for lynch was, indeed, scum. Heh.