Register

Author Topic: DL Mafia GAME OVER Scum Win  (Read 60696 times)

Taishyr

Re: DL Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #175 on: May 26, 2010, 11:14:40 PM »
though if people still want it to happen don't let me stop them!

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #176 on: May 26, 2010, 11:17:13 PM »
Obvious but I want to put it out there anyway; if people decide they want to hang Alice instead, let's at least wait for his claim first.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2010, 11:18:36 PM »
(Also going back to read Yoshi to give me something to do, just in case that does end up taking. My mind is most likely not going to change on Glen vs. Alice barring someone else providing an important revelation.)

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 26, 2010, 11:19:24 PM »
Pretty much thinking along the same lines as Xanth there, moving my vote right now is a pretty bad idea for me, not to mention not entirely comfortable with switching to Yoshi with the discussion currently consisting of "I don't really want to see either of those two go, so lets all switch to this person without thorough reasoning because we're all too pressured to be doing a complete thorough reread of that person."

Even if me and Xanth both agreed to move, that just puts us in three way tie land.

Ninjad by Kil, I'm not sure if we would be able to keep the thread alive long enough for that, though I'm not certain about Alice's schedule so can't say.  Are day 1 extensions possible?

Taishyr

« Reply #179 on: May 26, 2010, 11:23:49 PM »
...asdfucking F. I really don't think I'm wrong on Glen, I don't want to move back on now that I've reread and I'm not yet willing to move to Alice

Kilga ninja, I'm not sure we have the time, are we adequately entertaining? Hell, I don't damn well know. Frankly right now my vote is likely to move to Alice even though I don't think I'm wrong on my read there either. Damnit, would rather Yoshiken but...

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2010, 11:25:49 PM »
As Kefka and Luca continue to study the dark texts with which to summon Nyarlahatbot, a lackey posts the following.

Day 1 Votes

Alice (4): Cyril, Quietrain, Metroid, Glen, Snowfire, Ciato, Metroid
Carthrat (1): Snowfire, Taishyr, Taishyr, Metroid, Snowfire, Cyril, Snowfire, Zenny, Metroid
Glen (4): Ciato, Snowfire, Xanth, Yoshiken, Kilga, Carthrat, Taishyr
Taishyr (0): Taishyr, Quietrain, Metroid
Xanth (0): Xanth, Metroid, Taishyr
Ciato (1): Zenny, Quietrain
MC (1): Kilga, Carthrat, Alice, Glen, Roukanken
Kilga (0): Taishyr, Yoshiken
Zenny (0): Taishyr, Kilga, Roukanken
Yoshiken (1): Cyril, Ciato, Taishyr
Snowfire (1): Ciato, Alice
Noyn (0): Excal, Excal, Metroid
Excal (0): Snowfire

No Vote: Noyn

It takes 7 votes to kill.

Time is extended...  Be entertaining, or else.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 11:30:30 PM by Excal »

Taishyr

« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2010, 11:28:01 PM »
Glen ninja I didn't bother reading at first, no extensions are likely possible but we seem to be at least somewhat entertaining. If Alice is here he's up on the block. I don't like this decision.

Roukanken

• Oh hey look I finally have an avatar
  • Denizen
  • About damn time, too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2010, 11:28:28 PM »
So in the end, it comes down to Glen vs. Alice, with Yoshi as an apparent third-runner. Not seeing anything from Alice beyond being Alice (especially since the point about 'one member of this wagon is probably scum' has been misrepped as 'hurr durr hard probability' in order to make the case work. (On that note, MC, WIFOM does not work that way seriously.)

Seeing nothing wrong in particular with Yoshi, either, so requesting the right to hammer Glen right now.
<@Tanaka> You just have this aura in mafia that reminds me of a big eyed cute innocent puppy

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2010, 11:33:16 PM »
Yoshi so far...first couple posts I don't get much read out of.  Third post points out the issue with Laggy/Glen that actually got me looking for him (and was what Yoshi was trying to say earlier, but I misinterpreted the first two posts).

Reasonable Noyn/QR pressure; I approve.

The not being on the SnowFire train...is kinda questionable; Yoshi declared Snow his #2 suspect.  Didn't actually vote, sure, but....

Ciato attacks me for the SnowFire train which I was never on. I said he was suspicious for promising content and not delivering, which MC pointed out the times on, so I took that part back (although dismissing Rat's post entirely was still bad.) I am in no way supporting a SnowFire lynch today, and I have no idea why this has gained so much attention. (This is also funny, since Ciato says she basically disagrees with everything I said, yet the previous post... mostly agreed with what I said. hah.)

Umm...okay, Yoshi goes very turtle here, and says something that based on my Ciato reread I think misrepresents Ciato.  Mmmm....that's interesting.

Hmm...I could maybe be talked into a Yoshi voteswitch.  It's a lot of defencive when the pressure hasn't been too hard on him, and he actually complains that he wants people to clarify their cases on him so that he can defend more.  (Yeah, hypocritical because I have a defence post of my own, but I figure that's okay since I have analysis posts on everyone else too >_>).

Roukanken

• Oh hey look I finally have an avatar
  • Denizen
  • About damn time, too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2010, 11:35:02 PM »
Okay, screw it, apparently this doesn't count as a proper hammer but it's the best lynch I'll get today.

##Unvote: MC
Vote: Glen Veil

Apologies for hastiness, but this was a last-minute check and I wasn't expecting to see two whole pages of new content.
<@Tanaka> You just have this aura in mafia that reminds me of a big eyed cute innocent puppy

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 26, 2010, 11:35:53 PM »
(Yeah, hypocritical because I have a defence post of my own, but I figure that's okay since I have analysis posts on everyone else too >_>).

Note: this is meant as comedic hyperbole.  (I'm missing about 5 people I think).

Xanth

• Denizen
  • Girls go on dates on Valentine's Day?
    • View Profile
Bacon Cake Lubricant
« Reply #186 on: May 26, 2010, 11:37:01 PM »
Tired.

So much for my plan.

I can't back a swap to Yoshiken. He doesn't come out even remotely as bad as at least Laggy of LagGlen. Is it supposed to be some sort of cunning level of lurking? Because I guess I've mostly forgotten the guy exists in the game, but can't say I find the details terrible. Not that I've really discussed any of that. Ugh.

Rou: it's not a hammer vote, so sure. We're not in sudden death or anything. I'm in Kilga's camp of wariness on the Alice train, but the top thing to avoid is getting Hatbotted out of a proper paper trail.

Ninja: Oh okay.

Then another ninja. I can see where this is going.

Alice

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 26, 2010, 11:38:41 PM »
Back now, could we please get a votecount? Somewhat less iffy about a Glen lynch right now, but would still prefer m_c, Ciato, why do you diametrically oppose a lynch of m_c anyway? Because I'm not seeing how her actions fit more towards "stupid mistakes a newbie would make" and not just standard scummy mistakes, still.

Anyway, getting caught up. Will claim if I must.

Taishyr

« Reply #188 on: May 26, 2010, 11:40:26 PM »
Ugh. Okay. My eyes are literally crossing, I can't focus enough to continue. If Rou wants to hammer Glen, hammer. I'm... okay put bluntly I was running off a generally decent Laggy read plus getting BelAir instead of Planet vibes from Glen, but I don't know. Time to roll the dice.

I will say that I also stand by lynching Glen as at least the most tolerable choice here but that's not saying much. And... just for the sake of this.

##UNVOTE: Yoshiken
##VOTE: Laggy/Glen Veil

Action to match words. and now to pass out.

Alice

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 26, 2010, 11:42:38 PM »
Also, playstyle issue, but are ninja trains like mine and Yoshiken's a routine thing here on this site? Because it seems hardly fair to do a deadline pileup on someone who basically has next-to-no-room to defend themselves when there were also at least two major trains D1 that are being abandoned in favour of such a deadline pileup.

Also, initial read of Yoshiken comes out null. Nothing there that seems all that awful, really. Still processing his latest posts, though.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 26, 2010, 11:43:01 PM »
A somewhat quick re-read of Yoshi didn't turn up anything major for me, either. He didn't make me think he's town, but he didn't make me think he's scum, either. I also think he did an adequate job of explaining his Laggy attack, and I also think that a few of the things brought to bear against him have been overblown (Tai, regarding Yoshi's comment about not remembering Tai taking any strong stances), silly (MC, regarding Yoshi asking for people to clarify the suspicions they'd been throwing at him) or flat-out wrong (Ciato, regarding the Snowfire train, which Yoshi was not on). Can't see myself switching to him.

Cut by Xanth. Surely this will fuel his paranoia further, but.

Cut again by more people, nothing that tells me this shouldn't still be posted, since it's worth having it out there for future reads if nothing else.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 26, 2010, 11:43:27 PM »
Day 1 Votes

Carthrat (1): Snowfire, Taishyr, Taishyr, Metroid, Snowfire, Cyril, Snowfire, Zenny, Metroid
Glen (6): Ciato, Snowfire, Xanth, Yoshiken, Kilga, Carthrat, Taishyr, Roukanken, Taishyr
MC (0): Kilga, Carthrat, Alice, Glen, Roukanken
Yoshiken (0): Cyril, Ciato, Taishyr

Glen is at L-1

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 26, 2010, 11:44:26 PM »
Not seeing anything from Alice beyond being Alice

If Alice's posts normally read like that, then okay sure, probably not the best lynch.  (How many people on the Alice wagon are familiar with Alice's posting style?  I'm not).

Will reread Laggy/Glen, as I never did a good read there.  (Wanted Laggy to answer questions).

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 26, 2010, 11:45:26 PM »
Just going to say that's entirely unnecessary for you to claim alice, I'm up by two votes now, and barring some crazy turn of events of augst getting a win proportions will probably be the final lynch.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 26, 2010, 11:50:29 PM »
In thinking about things, though, I would like to hear the results of Yoshi's proper Tai reread. Dunno if we're going to get it today instead of Day 2, but it would be nice.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 26, 2010, 11:56:41 PM »
Hmm...a Laggy reread turns up what Alice was saying about "putting Carthrat at L-2".  It's just a "pro-early-train" post that being at L-3 or L-2 gets people to talk.  Feeling marginally better about Alice.

Laggy part of Laggy/Glen is not that big on content, but does take us out of jokevotes, and does draw attention to himself.

From memory...

Glen jumps on me for being reportery--(like the 8th accusation there), but a lot of people when they first skim the topic do the same.
Glen goes after Alice for what seem to be fairly logical reasons to me (though some people are telling me this is just how Alice always posts).  Given Alice calling Glen a noob, I assume they haven't been in a game together before.

Mmphf.  Okay, taking opinions and all that, but I don't feel like either of them have taken particularly risky opinions.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 27, 2010, 12:11:12 AM »
Kefka shot out of his seat with a loud, "I'm bored!"

"Well, then," Luca sneered, drawing his blade.  "Looks like the little piggies are all done talking."

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 27, 2010, 12:21:04 AM »
"He says he's Matthew, and I'm pretty sure we can trust him."

"But I don't know...  Matthew's a bit more...  dashing than this.  Besides, I'm pretty sure a Fire Emblem character would counter more often than he does."

"Yeah, I agree!  But... this other guy also looks kinda bad..."

"You do have a point..."

"Kill him, not kill him, will you pansies grow a spine already!" Kefka roared.

"Hah, forget them.  I'll take care of this one myself." Luca said as he strode forward.

"You fools!"  Matthew cried.  "I'm here to help on orders of Lord Hector himself."

"Oh like I care about that pathetic backwater.  You lot are almost as bad as those Jowston Pigs!"

Seeing no other way out, Matthew drew his dagger, but the outcome was never in doubt.  His sole victory lay in forcing Luca to end it quickly.  After his parting words and his corpse faded away, they checked his inventory, and discovered that he was in fact who he claimed to be.  The imposters had eluded the group, and the twin terrors had been sated with the Thief's blood.

Glen (MATTHEW - TOWN THIEF) has been permakilled

Day 1 Votes

Glen (6): Ciato, Snowfire, Xanth, Yoshiken, Kilga, Carthrat, Taishyr, Roukanken, Taishyr
MC (0): Kilga, Carthrat, Alice, Glen, Roukanken
Yoshiken (0): Cyril, Ciato, Taishyr

It is now Night 1, please send your actions to me.
Day 2 will start in 24 hours.

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: DL Mafia (Night 1)
« Reply #198 on: May 27, 2010, 12:51:03 AM »

They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery. And, well, I wouldn't be able to live with myself as a Hijacker if I didn't hijack someone else's RP style from another game entirely.

In an amusing (to me) twist of fate, I have the ability to speak at night. I may or may not be able to do anything else, that is for me to know and for scum to wish they knew. I could have spoken on Night 0 but I elected not to for reasons that should be obvious.

While not the result I expected, I've been on too many Day 1 town trains to be overly surprised by this flip. I wasn't 100% sold on Lagglen, but no one ever is on Day 1 and I honestly thought he was our best choice. Best I can say is "oops". Initial reactions in regards to the other players is to bump Ciato down my list of suspects, as the charge of "opportunistically jumping onto the opposing train of a flipped scum" can't be use when the potential flipped scum actually flipped town. I'm a tiny bit more suspicious of Yoshi for that Laggy vote, as perhaps I was right in calling it lazy, and it may well have been opportunistic as well ("Ooh, some guy just unvoted without revoting! Easy target GO!" without bothering to check the circumstances of the lack of a revote). Will also want to look back at Roukan, because I already can't remember his reasons for jumping to the Lagglen wagon there at the end and that bothers me greatly.

(Also, if I get mailbombed by Killer Instinct on Night 2, I fully expect to see Xanth's head on a pike at the end of Day 3.)

Fuller evaluations and opinions will have to wait until after a reread of the day, which will have to wait until after Red Sox/Rays and Celtics/Magic. Once those are over I'll poke my head back in here and see what I can drum up. I also have tomorrow off (for the most part; I have a softball game in the early evening but by that point I expect to have said everything I will have wanted to say, and half-expect the day to have started by then anyway.)

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: DL Mafia (Night 1)
« Reply #199 on: May 27, 2010, 01:03:37 AM »

(Suppose I should also point out, for those that didn't follow Meme Mafia or lost track of this account after it or whatever, that yes, this is indeed still Kilga behind this mask.)

While everyone's waiting on me to do something meaningful, I'll even go the extra mile and throw out some silly bonus content. Don't expect this beyond tonight, though.

Epic Roll is a relatively recent 4chan creation, in which clips of many internet meme songs are strung together on common words and accompanied by amusing animations (often, but not always, imitating the video that accompanied the song). The last song loops into the first, so the cycle is never-ending, though the whole string is only about a minute long. Still, it is surprisingly catchy and a good source of nostalgia, enough so in both cases that I think it's worth sharing. See how many of the memes/songs you recognize: Obama Girl was the only one I didn't know when I first watched this.