Register

Author Topic: Tourney of Interest Season 3 Week 1  (Read 4891 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Tourney of Interest Season 3 Week 1
« on: March 03, 2008, 04:30:08 AM »
Take THAT, Box Corporation!

No witty disclaimers here folks.  It's back, it's read to destroy your fragile minds.  Maybe.  Closes one week hence, roughly.

Godlike

Ice Queen Avril (Wild ARMs 5) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)
Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV)
Arceus (Pokemon) vs Ted (Suikoden IV)
Shu Shirakawa (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Myria (Breath of Fire Series)

Heavy

Darkrai (Pokemon) vs Yuffie (Final Fantasy VII)
Ash (Phantom Brave) vs Jenova (Final Fantasy VII)
Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series) vs Sabin Rene Figaro (Final Fantasy VI)
Dmitri Yuriev (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) vs Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2)

Middle

Masaki Ando (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Rand (Breath of Fire II)
Xande (Final Fantasy III) vs Sara (Breath of Fire)
Aigis (Persona 3) vs Kazan (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)
Elsa  Elliot (Front Mission 4) vs Bart Fatima (Xenogears)

Light

Cornet (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Relm (Final Fantasy VI)
Scholar (Final Fantasy III) vs Mogu (Breath of Fire)
Rogue Tomato (Final Fantasy XII) vs Igglanova (Phantasy Star IV)
Bottlemail (Phantom Brave) vs Edward Damcyan (Final Fantasy IV)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
Re: Tourney of Interest Season 3 Week 1
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 04:39:08 AM »
Middle

Masaki Ando (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Rand (Breath of Fire II) - OG1 Masaki I think fails to pull this out. Or something.

Light

Rogue Tomato (Final Fantasy XII)
vs Igglanova (Phantasy Star IV) - This is awesomeness.
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 04:46:05 AM »
Heavy

Ash (Phantom Brave) vs Jenova (Final Fantasy VII)- Jenova's no Heavy as far as I'm concerned. She needs Jenova.. shit. Birth? The first one with stop to win this.
Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series) vs Sabin Rene Figaro (Final Fantasy VI)- Go first, 2HKO. Julius can't do shit about that.
Dmitri Yuriev (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) vs Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2)- I think.

Middle

Elsa Elliot (Front Mission 4) vs Bart Fatima (Xenogears)- Huh. Good fight, think that Elsa's ability to counter seals it. Turns into a blowout if she can block Wild Smile- which she may be able to, I'd have to check what the computer shop gives for status blocking.

Light

Scholar (Final Fantasy III) vs Mogu (Breath of Fire)- MYST CLAW HYPE
Rogue Tomato (Final Fantasy XII) vs Igglanova (Phantasy Star IV)- Blame the minimeet. The tomato's bad but it's Igglanova.
Bottlemail (Phantom Brave) vs Edward Damcyan (Final Fantasy IV)- Bottlemail's HP is breathtaking. So is the untwinked offense.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 04:48:36 AM »
Godlike

Ice Queen Avril (Wild ARMs 5) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) - Eeeewwww...Ice Queen Avril is assumed to be her boss form?  I don't allow it as a form, but since this is the case...it slaughters.  
Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV) - Ryu.  I might want to play FF3DS at some point.
Arceus (Pokemon) vs Ted (Suikoden IV) - Uh...Ted.  
Shu Shirakawa (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Myria (Breath of Fire Series) - Tyr, probably.  Just has overwhelming...well, durability, but Shu's...yeah, change that to Shu.  Shu is just evil, and can actually challenge Tyr on this front.

Heavy

Darkrai (Pokemon) vs Yuffie (Final Fantasy VII) - Yuffie.  
Ash (Phantom Brave) vs Jenova (Final Fantasy VII) - Ash.
Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series) vs Sabin Rene Figaro (Final Fantasy VI) - Julius.
Dmitri Yuriev (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) vs Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) - Dmitri.  

Middle

Masaki Ando (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Rand (Breath of Fire II) - ...ugh.  Uh...Masaki?
Xande (Final Fantasy III) vs Sara (Breath of Fire) - Zande...eh....I honestly have a hell of a lot more respect for him, but I guess the slut wins it.
Aigis (Persona 3) vs Kazan (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - Mmm...Aigis.  Orgia Mode should let her punch past MA range...though...damn, Kazan does take it, I guess.  He did come back with his AP, right?
Elsa  Elliot (Front Mission 4) vs Bart Fatima (Xenogears) - Bart.  GEAR VS MECH

Light

Cornet (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Relm (Final Fantasy VI) - Well, if this is Futurama, we must be allowing multiple forms, so Relm.  Easy Type form for awesome.
Scholar (Final Fantasy III) vs Mogu (Breath of Fire) - Scholar.
Rogue Tomato (Final Fantasy XII) vs Igglanova (Phantasy Star IV) - I'VE PLAYED ENOUGH FF12 TO VOTE ON THIS.  GO IGGLANOVA.
Bottlemail (Phantom Brave) vs Edward Damcyan (Final Fantasy IV) - Edward.  Go uber-speed/Hide.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 05:07:55 AM »
Godlike

Ice Queen Avril (Wild ARMs 5) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III): Need to look up Ice Queen.
Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV): Avoids Bad Breath, Kaiser, tanks from there.
Arceus (Pokemon) vs Ted (Suikoden IV): Ok, mathed this out, but...Normal Arceus wins this.  Yes, he doesn't even need Iron/Dark/Fist plate for this fight.
He goes first, uses Cosmic Power; this lets him survive Judgment (Judgment barely OHKOs him.) Next turn, he uses Recover.  This lets him barely survive the second Judgment.  After that, Ted's out of big damage, so he's forced onto the defensive, and at that point, its a losing war, since Arceus is much faster (about a 4/3 split? Could be overselling the difference some, but its not insignificant), and Extremespeed is above average physical damage (so it has no issues 2HKOing Ted.)

So Arceus just has to dick around using Recover and/or Comsic Power (possibly tossing something like Judgement in the mix to add some pressure to Ted) until his eventual double turn happens, and then kills on the double.  Remember, for every match that Ted's Magic defense saves him, his physical defense bites him in the ass.  Arceus is a good example of that.

Shu Shirakawa (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Myria (Breath of Fire Series): Based off the SRW3 PC Shu I know...yeah <.<
(probably not fair granted)

Heavy

Darkrai (Pokemon) vs Yuffie (Final Fantasy VII): Think he can barely avoid a limit with something + Roar of Time to finish her off.Spacial Rend *SHOULD* be enough to bring her into Roar of Time = Dead range and avoid a limit, should Dark Pulse activate Clear Tranquil do that first.
Ash (Phantom Brave) vs Jenova (Final Fantasy VII): Can't vote.
Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series) vs Sabin Rene Figaro (Final Fantasy VI): Can't vote.
Dmitri Yuriev (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) vs Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2): Need to look up Dimitri.

Middle

Masaki Ando (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Rand (Breath of Fire II): Was going to say Rand at first, but then remembered Masaki is one of the few in SRW3 to get Double Actions, which shifts the fight in his favor.
Xande (Final Fantasy III) vs Sara (Breath of Fire): Durability difference is too drastic, offhand.
Aigis (Persona 3) vs Kazan (Legaia 2: Duel Saga): Can't vote.
Elsa  Elliot (Front Mission 4) vs Bart Fatima (Xenogears): Can't vote.

Light

Cornet (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Relm (Final Fantasy VI): Can't vote.
Scholar (Final Fantasy III) vs Mogu (Breath of Fire): Scholar's Cura wins the fight! (This fight is THAT SAD, yes.)
Rogue Tomato (Final Fantasy XII) vs Igglanova (Phantasy Star IV): I'm going with "Fission = win" here, cause really, this fight fails that much.
Bottlemail (Phantom Brave) vs Edward Damcyan (Final Fantasy IV): Can't vote.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 12:08:42 AM »
Godlike

Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV)-Sure
Arceus (Pokemon) vs Ted (Suikoden IV)-I'll trust meep's math. I'll also allow Arc to use plates, so it's even less of a question.

Heavy

Darkrai (Pokemon) vs Yuffie (Final Fantasy VII)-I think?
Ash (Phantom Brave) vs Jenova (Final Fantasy VII)-A genova form had Stop? I don't remember that. I suppose I should go look it up, but for now a vote for Ash over any Jenova I remember.
Dmitri Yuriev (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) vs Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2)

Middle

Masaki Ando (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Rand (Breath of Fire II)-He...takes OG1 Masaki, yeah.
Xande (Final Fantasy III) vs Sara (Breath of Fire)-Sure. Durability of win can handle this.
Aigis (Persona 3) vs Kazan (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)-Yeah, don't think she can take this.

Light

Scholar (Final Fantasy III) vs Mogu (Breath of Fire)-Uhhhh...goddamn CK this is NR light level. They both go and die to MORPH JERME.
Rogue Tomato (Final Fantasy XII) vs Igglanova (Phantasy Star IV)-.....sure.
Bottlemail (Phantom Brave) vs Edward Damcyan (Final Fantasy IV)-Edward actually doesn't go first here I think. Still, he isn't OHKO'd, hide until Bottlemail's time is up, win.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 04:00:14 AM »
Godlike

Ice Queen Avril (Wild ARMs 5) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)- Ice Queen Avril. 4D Pocket off 150% speed.

Heavy

Dmitri Yuriev (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) vs Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2)- Lilka. Goes first, casts Reflect. Now she's safe from the status. He gets to work up to breaking her, but with his damage, he can't really capitalize on break (At least, not once Field is in place).

Light

Rogue Tomato (Final Fantasy XII) vs Igglanova (Phantasy Star IV)- Rouge Tomato has over double the speed, Igglanova has over double the damage. Gut says Rouge Tomato, because that limit will take him far, and he also has like double effective PC phys durability compared to Igglanova's 1.5 or something.
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 04:42:19 AM »
Godlike

Ice Queen Avril (Wild ARMs 5) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III): Not sure she needs 4D Pocket anyway, her physicals were fine too IIRC, and she'll be getting an opening Hi-Blast in.
Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV): Um, what? Bad Breath ignores resistance. Toad.
Arceus (Pokemon) vs Ted (Suikoden IV): What Meep said, yeah? And... if it works with Normal, then Dark/Steel forms will just kick Ted's ass. Cosmic Power/Recover on someone barely 2HKOing you and slower? Ha.
Shu Shirakawa (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Myria (Breath of Fire Series): Uh, the version I saw wasn't actually Shu IIRC, but whatever. Is the Ryusei version is the same anyway? I'd have to think about Levi vs. Myria maybe (probably not, since I'm inclined to see all SRW damage as physical), so any lesser boss from the game is a slaughter.

Heavy

Darkrai (Pokemon) vs Yuffie (Final Fantasy VII): Healing limits suck in the DL against anyone with decent offence. And I can't see Yuffie outslugging normally at all.
Dmitri Yuriev (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) vs Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2): Yuriev sucks ass. Condition Green totally owns him, even if Reflect didn't for some reason.

Middle

Masaki Ando (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Rand (Breath of Fire II): Unless someone comes up with a good argument otherwise. At worst, Masaki stalls until he builds up crazy will, then some nonsense with Valour on a doubleturn. Rand fails at offence even before Masaki starts putting him on the defensive.
Xande (Final Fantasy III) vs Sara (Breath of Fire): Xande opens with Protect to stave off the 2HKO, so he gets five spells before he croaks. Each spell, with a 1.5x boost does... less than a bar of PCHP, and I see Sara at a bit over 5. Close though! This fight so belongs in Heavy.

Light

Scholar (Final Fantasy III) vs Mogu (Breath of Fire): ... surely. Scholar's not as below average at anything except maaaybe damage.
Rogue Tomato (Final Fantasy XII) vs Igglanova (Phantasy Star IV): If it's close to Dhyer, chances are it's a slaughter for me. Well, if I vote on the first form. ... ...... I... I may rethink this. Kneejerk is to use that first but I'm not sure I can justify this?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 04:45:46 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 05:22:15 AM »

Godlike

Shu Shirakawa (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Myria (Breath of Fire Series) - OGG Shu for me!

Heavy

Darkrai (Pokemon) vs Yuffie (Final Fantasy VII) - I remember Darkrai being pretty awesome.
Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series) vs Sabin Rene Figaro (Final Fantasy VI) - What Super said.

Middle

Masaki Ando (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Rand (Breath of Fire II) - Would you believe OGG Masaki has damage, speed and durability? I KNOW.
Aigis (Persona 3) vs Kazan (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - I think this is no contest?
Elsa Elliot (Front Mission 4) vs Bart Fatima (Xenogears) - Minotaur Arms! (no, not really)

Light

Cornet (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Relm (Final Fantasy VI) - Pretty sure Gogo outslugs Cornet...
Rogue Tomato (Final Fantasy XII) vs Igglanova (Phantasy Star IV)  - It's actually possible to lose to the tomato. Not so much to Igglanova.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 06:06:03 AM »
Right, for those voting Aigis over Kazan, Kazan can make his physicals Thunder and still not lose Charge Heal. He loses like 10% of his strength and some defensive stats, but if the match was close with that, this would make it horribly unbalanced likely.
...into the nightfall.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 06:36:07 AM »
Shu Shirakawa (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Myria (Breath of Fire Series): Uh, the version I saw wasn't actually Shu IIRC, but whatever. Is the Ryusei version is the same anyway? I'd have to think about Levi vs. Myria maybe (probably not, since I'm inclined to see all SRW damage as physical), so any lesser boss from the game is a slaughter.

Ryusei route Shu is the exact same, scaled to mission 19, I believe.  You also have to actually kill him.  >.>

Shu Shirakawa (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Myria (Breath of Fire Series) - OGG Shu for me!

...how does OGG Shu win this, exactly?  OGG Shu FAILS.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 06:41:32 AM »
Hm?  The BM for Mission 19 is knocking Granzon to 50% HP.  You don't really have to fight him, let alone kill him.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 01:31:29 PM »
Hm?  The BM for Mission 19 is knocking Granzon to 50% HP.  You don't really have to fight him, let alone kill him.

...you're right.  I forgot about that since I was going for full BMs.  Makes that form illegal to me, a shame.  Haha.

He still has that GUEST FORM in mission 22 or whatever though!

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 04:32:30 PM »

...how does OGG Shu win this, exactly?  OGG Shu FAILS.

I vote on Myria 3, but I also have a lot of respect for Warp Field and the damage he does.

IhatethisCPU

• When I get hit in the face, my body is taken over by the ghost of James Brown.
  • Denizen
  • ...Good night, and Gods help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 05:28:51 PM »
Godlike

Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV)
Arceus (Pokemon) vs Ted (Suikoden IV) -...Trying to figure out if Arceus counts as a PC.

Heavy

Middle

Masaki Ando (Super Robot Taisen Series) vsRand (Breath of Fire II)
Xande (Final Fantasy III) vs Sara (Breath of Fire)
Aigis (Persona 3) vs Kazan (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - ...So, what happens with Aigis when P3: FES comes over here? >_> Do we stick with Episode Yourself Aigis, or put her in Bluelike with Minato?
Elsa Elliot (Front Mission 4) vs Bart Fatima (Xenogears)

Light

Rogue Tomato (Final Fantasy XII) vs Igglanova (Phantasy Star IV)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 05:51:57 PM by Cymothoa exigua »
You wanna know when I'm gonna be there?
I'll tell you EXACTLY when I'm gonna be there...

When you least expect it.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 08:19:44 PM »
Godlike

Ice Queen Avril (Wild ARMs 5) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) - Stupid 4D Pocket.
Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV) - Status'd I guess.
Arceus (Pokemon) vs Ted (Suikoden IV) - Mismatch.
Shu Shirakawa (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Myria (Breath of Fire Series) - Outslugs, I think?  Low Shu respect here.

Heavy

Darkrai (Pokemon) vs Yuffie (Final Fantasy VII) - Yuffie in Heavy.
Ash (Phantom Brave) vs Jenova (Final Fantasy VII) - Stop?  I'll buy it.
Dmitri Yuriev (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) vs Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) - Hah.

Middle

Masaki Ando (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Rand (Breath of Fire II) - I think.
Xande (Final Fantasy III) vs Sara (Breath of Fire) - ...Barely.
Aigis (Persona 3) vs Kazan (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - Orgia Mode, takes a hit, God's Hand OHKOs, takes another hit, God's Hand OHKOs.  Aigis baaaaarely survives this.  I don't know if Orgia Mode even took a turn, since if it doesn't this gets a lot easier.  I also don't remember if Charge Heal resets CT, which again would make this easier.

Light

Cornet (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Relm (Final Fantasy VI) - Pancakes~
Scholar (Final Fantasy III) vs Mogu (Breath of Fire) - Blowout.
Rogue Tomato (Final Fantasy XII) vs Igglanova (Phantasy Star IV) - Fails less?  This is so epic.
Bottlemail (Phantom Brave) vs Edward Damcyan (Final Fantasy IV) - I... think?

Sei

• Denizen
  • Hooray!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 08:44:51 AM »
Cornet (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Relm (Final Fantasy VI)- Somehow, this seems to be the only match I can vote on.  Really can't persuade myself to give Cornet her Pancake Attack, so she's down to her basic physical.   Now, considering how everyone else has better damage than her trumpet...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 08:46:58 AM by Sei »

Taishyr

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 09:25:40 AM »
Godlike

Shu Shirakawa (Super Robot Taisen Series)
vs Myria (Breath of Fire Series)

Heavy

Middle

Masaki Ando (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Rand (Breath of Fire II)

Light

« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 09:28:57 AM by Taishyr »

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 01:03:13 PM »
Orgia Mode does not take a turn.  It's used as part of the AI tactics menu, and once initiated, on Aigis' turn, she'll use it and make an attack.  During Orgia Mode, she'll only attack (and pretty much only use God's Hand). 

Unfortunately, like Dhyer said, Aigis is weak to electricity, and Kazan can get it with a weapon.  Poke, wait, poke, wait, poke, wait...ad infinitum.  It's the P3 slayer tactic.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 11:34:06 PM »
Ice Queen Avril (Wild ARMs 5) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III): 4D Pocket I guess?

Darkrai (Pokemon) vs Yuffie (Final Fantasy VII): Fast, powerful, durable, puts things to sleep, etc.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 06:14:06 AM »
Godlike

Ice Queen Avril (Wild ARMs 5) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)- Grah, forgot 4D Pocket existed.  Dammit, this is such an awesome underdog fight otherwise.
Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV)- *blink* Bad Breath > Ribbons?  Really?
Arceus (Pokemon) vs Ted (Suikoden IV)
Shu Shirakawa (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Myria (Breath of Fire Series)- OG1 Shu.  Apparently less overt Shu hype than I thought.

Heavy

Darkrai (Pokemon) vs Yuffie (Final Fantasy VII)- I guess?
Ash (Phantom Brave) vs Jenova (Final Fantasy VII)- My ability to forget relevant status continues to amaze me.

Middle

Masaki Ando (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Rand (Breath of Fire II)- Eh, think his natural evade lets him stretch things out until he can do something involving Cosmo Nova and Valor.
Xande (Final Fantasy III) vs Sara (Breath of Fire)- Xande's not too durable, but stikes me as a bit faster and getting as serious damage amp.
Aigis (Persona 3) vs Kazan (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- No vote~
Elsa  Elliot (Front Mission 4) vs Bart Fatima (Xenogears)- No vote.

Light

Cornet (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Relm (Final Fantasy VI)- Not big on Relm damage hype.
Rogue Tomato (Final Fantasy XII) vs Igglanova (Phantasy Star IV)- No vote.
Bottlemail (Phantom Brave) vs Edward Damcyan (Final Fantasy IV)- P...rob...ably... I think.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 06:42:35 AM »
Bad Breath > Ribbons?

No no no. However it always, always hits barring immunity, regardless of Mind or MDef or whatever (unlike every other FF3 status). As such I don't see mere status resistance stopping it.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 06:49:20 AM »
Ahhhh, that makes much more sense.