Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Finals~  (Read 4576 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Finals~
« on: July 23, 2010, 04:16:50 AM »
Copy the match ups below and bold which song you like better. The names are links to a stream of the song.  Only vote if you've listened to both songs.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone’s Souls VS. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin -

ANIME
.hack//SIGN - The World VS. El Cazador de la Bruja - Forest

ARRANGED
Ninja Gaiden - OCRemix - Basilisk Run VS. Live a Live - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The Bird Flies in the Sky, the Fish Swims in the River

Voting closes in one week after the time of this post.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Finals~
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 04:29:51 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone’s Souls VS. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin -

ANIME

ARRANGED
Ninja Gaiden - OCRemix - Basilisk Run VS. Live a Live - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The Bird Flies in the Sky, the Fish Swims in the River
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 04:30:16 AM »
Sigh.  Not my favored finals but oh well.

ANIME
On the other hand this match works just fine for me no matter who wins.

ARRANGED
Yeah, the really good Arranged pieces were in the bottom half (9-16) generally, and the Run probably isn't even my favorite of the top half - all of which would have lost here anyway.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 04:31:35 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Not my choice of finals, but not a hard choice.

ANIME
This, on the other hand, is damned close. I may have even voted Forest over my nom, but then again, not sure.

ARRANGED
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 07:03:09 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 01:30:34 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 03:24:05 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone’s Souls VS. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin -: Harmonics finally lost!

ANIME

ARRANGED

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 08:40:36 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 12:06:18 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 06:10:27 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls VS. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin - Yeah, sure, Battle for Everyone's Souls is champ-worthy. It's certainly popular enough.

ANIME
.hack//SIGN - The World VS. El Cazador de la Bruja - Forest - Words cannot describe my apathy (although apparently I care juuuuust enough to vote anyway). Weeks and weeks of voting and these are the two anime tracks we're left with? I am disappoint.

ARRANGED
Ninja Gaiden - OCRemix - Basilisk Run VS. Live a Live - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The Bird Flies in the Sky, the Fish Swims in the River - Basilisk Run actually does something.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 01:22:22 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls VS. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin - Yeah, sure, Battle for Everyone's Souls is champ-worthy. It's certainly popular enough.

ANIME
.hack//SIGN - The World VS. El Cazador de la Bruja - Forest - Words cannot describe my apathy (although apparently I care juuuuust enough to vote anyway). Weeks and weeks of voting and these are the two anime tracks we're left with? I am disappoint.

ARRANGED
Ninja Gaiden - OCRemix - Basilisk Run VS. Live a Live - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The Bird Flies in the Sky, the Fish Swims in the River - Basilisk Run actually does something.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 06:29:00 PM »

Antivote.

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 09:14:17 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 04:28:30 AM »

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone’s Souls VS. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin - Excellent finals.

ANIME

ARRANGED

[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 08:54:44 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 09:45:51 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED
Ninja Gaiden - OCRemix - Basilisk Run VS. Live a Live - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The Bird Flies in the Sky, the Fish Swims in the River: Really easy. Out of this whole tourney, why the heck is the other track a finalist? Boggle.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 09:50:19 PM by El Cideon »

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 03:12:32 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone’s Souls VS. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin - - Really deserving of finals, IMO. Both amazing tracks.

ANIME
.hack//SIGN - The World VS. El Cazador de la Bruja - Forest - Is actually decent.

ARRANGED
Ninja Gaiden - OCRemix - Basilisk Run VS. Live a Live - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The Bird Flies in the Sky, the Fish Swims in the River - What Cid said.

Sprogling

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 09:11:36 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone’s Souls VS. Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin - Yeah, no contest, at least for me anyways.

ANIME
.hack//SIGN - The World VS. El Cazador de la Bruja - Forest The World started off slow, but got better.

ARRANGED
Ninja Gaiden - OCRemix - Basilisk Run VS. Live a Live - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The Bird Flies in the Sky, the Fish Swims in the River Meh.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 01:20:54 AM »
24 hour warning!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 04:08:39 AM »
The match

needs a tiebreak.  Next vote is the deciding vote!

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2010, 04:35:21 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 04:38:36 PM »
A winner is you!

MAIN TOURNAMENT
11 - 6

ANIME
8 - 8 (tiebreak: NotMiki)

ARRANGED
7 - 9

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2010, 04:59:56 PM »
It wouldn't be a DL music tourney without something I thought was mediocre *jumping in front* and nabbing a win at the last round, but two out of three brackets I approve of this time. Not bad.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2010, 11:32:59 PM »
It wouldn't be a DL music tourney without something I thought was mediocre *jumping in front* and nabbing a win at the last round, but two out of three brackets I approve of this time. Not bad.

Eheh. Same, though I wasn't a particular fan of either of those two in that bracket. Neither of them bad or anything though.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2010, 09:11:04 AM »
Sigh. You're a winner in my heart, Basilisk Run.