Author Topic: Best Scenes Round 15 - THIS IS GOING TO BE A MATCH TO REMEMBER!  (Read 1803 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
DRAMA:
Ferid and Arshstat (Suikoden 5) |||| |||| vs. Paladin Scene (Final Fantasy 4) |
Good Ending (Suikoden 2) || vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4) |||| |||

STYLE:
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) |||| | vs. Big Damn Hero moment Rydia (Final Fantasy 4) ||||
"Geddoe... PAUNCH!" (Suikoden 3) || vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories) |||

HUMOR:
Ultros Jams the Opera! (Final Fantasy 6) |||| || vs. Bowser "like the moon over the day/my genius and brawn/are lost on these fools" (Super Mario RPG) ||||
Chu-Chu Died for Our Sins (Xenogears) vs. Presidental Debate (Sam and Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die!) |||| ||||

KEEP YOUR DIRTY VOTES OFF WRONG'S DIVISION:
GOOOOFFYYYYYY (Kingdom Hearts 2) ||| vs. Chu-Chu died for your sins (Xenogears) |||| |

And so we move onto...well, you know...STUFF.  WITH OTHER STUFF. AND STUFF OF STUFF.

DRAMA:
The Fate (Shadow hearts Covenant) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9vJusOO4jU) vs. Nanako's 'Death' (Persona 4) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zg3su8Ddo#t=4m5s)
Wedding (Lufia II) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2jqKYAOvvU#t=25s) vs. Death of Fear (Wild ARMs XF) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ4EedSF5aw)

STYLE:
Falcon PAWNCH!!! vs. R.O.B.'s Face (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuD6nKok9lA) vs. Balthier and Fran 'I can't die, I'm the leading man!' (Final Fantasy 12) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tahmRAGC-s&#t=4m30s)
"I need to talk to God..." "TALK TO ME." (Digital Devil Saga 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKoYl2GTrXY) vs. Sector 7 goes Boom (Final Fantasy 7) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISLereSDJbo)

HUMOR:
Karol distracts the guard (Tales of Vesperia) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScV4JQmgE_c) vs. Mad Midget Five (Godhand)(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u4hxDT_i9E)
The Power's In His Beard (Tales of the Abyss) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnb5rC3WSi8#t=7m35s) vs. Roger in a Cage (Star Ocean 3) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he36QW9vtGA#t=5m50s)

DO YOU NOT SEE, VOTERS!? THIS DIVISION IS WRONG, FOR SURELY YOU CANNOT CORRECT IT NOW!:
Master-D Exploding Head (Bionic Commando) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6X9Yj5ct88) vs. Resident Evil Opening (Resident Evil) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GyOYaDHquE)

SHORT FORM!
DRAMA:
The Fate (Shadow hearts Covenant) vs. Nanako's 'Death' (Persona 4)
Wedding (Lufia II) ( vs. Death of Fear (Wild ARMs XF)

STYLE:
Falcon PAWNCH!!! vs. R.O.B.'s Face (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Balthier and Fran 'I can't die, I'm the leading man!' (Final Fantasy 12)
"I need to talk to God..." "TALK TO ME." (Digital Devil Saga 2)  vs. Sector 7 goes Boom (Final Fantasy 7)

HUMOR:
Karol distracts the guard (Tales of Vesperia) vs. Mad Midget Five (Godhand)
The Power's In His Beard (Tales of the Abyss)  vs. Roger in a Cage (Star Ocean 3)

DO YOU NOT SEE, VOTERS!? THIS DIVISION IS WRONG, FOR SURELY YOU CANNOT CORRECT IT NOW!:
Master-D Exploding Head (Bionic Commando) vs. Resident Evil Opening (Resident Evil)
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Best Scenes Round 15 - THIS IS GOING TO BE A MATCH TO REMEMBER!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 12:52:21 AM »
SHORT FORM!
DRAMA:

STYLE:
Falcon PAWNCH!!! vs. R.O.B.'s Face (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Balthier and Fran 'I can't die, I'm the leading man!' (Final Fantasy 12)
"I need to talk to God..." "TALK TO ME." (Digital Devil Saga 2)  vs. Sector 7 goes Boom (Final Fantasy 7)

HUMOR:
The Power's In His Beard (Tales of the Abyss)  vs. Roger in a Cage (Star Ocean 3)

Master-D Exploding Head (Bionic Commando) vs. Resident Evil Opening (Resident Evil) - Exploding Hitler head.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 01:34:44 AM »
DRAMA:
The Fate (Shadow hearts Covenant) vs. Nanako's 'Death' (Persona 4)- Nanako's death scene is a little two hammy to really work well.  The Bell Tolls meanwhile... well, there's a reason people hype Kato as one of the most compelling villains.
Wedding (Lufia II) vs. Death of Fear (Wild ARMs XF)

STYLE:
"I need to talk to God..." "TALK TO ME." (Digital Devil Saga 2)  vs. Sector 7 goes Boom (Final Fantasy 7)- President Shinra watching the whole thing while opera plays was always such an iconic moment to me.  All villains should have that sort of class.

HUMOR:
Karol distracts the guard (Tales of Vesperia) vs. Mad Midget Five (Godhand)- Kneejerk.  I think I like the Judy version of this scene better.
The Power's In His Beard (Tales of the Abyss)  vs. Roger in a Cage (Star Ocean 3)- My nom.  Also, aljalkROGERRRRRRRR

Master-D Exploding Head (Bionic Commando) vs. Resident Evil Opening (Resident Evil)- Well, exploding Hitler head is nice, but... RESIDENT.  EVIL.  PLOT.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 04:11:06 AM »
DRAMA:
The Fate (Shadow hearts Covenant) vs. Nanako's 'Death' (Persona 4) - Not a particular fan of Nanako's death, honestly, for several reasons I'm sure Meeple will elaborate on!  The Bell Tolls is...fabulous.  So...yeah.
Wedding (Lufia II) vs. Death of Fear (Wild ARMs XF) - Let's kill it until it's afraid of us!  Immortality be damned!

STYLE:
Falcon PAWNCH!!! vs. R.O.B.'s Face (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Balthier and Fran 'I can't die, I'm the leading man!' (Final Fantasy 12) - Because he is!
"I need to talk to God..." "TALK TO ME." (Digital Devil Saga 2)  vs. Sector 7 goes Boom (Final Fantasy 7) - Love the line so much.

HUMOR:
Karol distracts the guard (Tales of Vesperia) vs. Mad Midget Five (Godhand) - YESIU!
The Power's In His Beard (Tales of the Abyss)  vs. Roger in a Cage (Star Ocean 3) - DIE IN A PIT, ROGER!!

Master-D Exploding Head (Bionic Commando) vs. Resident Evil Opening (Resident Evil) - My nom.  Plus, you know - for censoring EVERYTHING ELSE NAZI-RELATED, they missed both Hitler AND the exploding head. 

Man, I wish I had nommed "Meet the Spy" for either style or humour.  It is so awesome ;_;
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 04:16:55 AM »
SHORT FORM!
DRAMA:
Wedding (Lufia II) vs. Death of Fear (Wild ARMs XF): Don't really feel like elaborating, beyond saying it's not especially close.

STYLE:
Falcon PAWNCH!!! vs. R.O.B.'s Face (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Balthier and Fran 'I can't die, I'm the leading man!' (Final Fantasy 12): First is amusing. Second is... Balthier's style just doesn't work for me.
"I need to talk to God..." "TALK TO ME." (Digital Devil Saga 2)  vs. Sector 7 goes Boom (Final Fantasy 7): Very classy. In one scene, punctuates what a total douche President Shinra is.

HUMOR:
The Power's In His Beard (Tales of the Abyss)  vs. Roger in a Cage (Star Ocean 3): How the hell do you use Roger hate as an argument to vote -against- this scene? The PCs find this annoying brat in a cage AND THEY DECIDE TO LEAVE HIM THERE. Or at least consider it and mock him. It's absolutely hilarious, just something PCs never do in RPGs.

Master-D Exploding Head (Bionic Commando) vs. Resident Evil Opening (Resident Evil)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:38:52 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 04:26:20 AM »
DRAMA:
The Fate (Shadow hearts Covenant)
vs. Nanako's 'Death' (Persona 4)
Wedding (Lufia II) vs. Death of Fear (Wild ARMs XF)

STYLE:
"I need to talk to God..." "TALK TO ME." (Digital Devil Saga 2) vs. Sector 7 goes Boom (Final Fantasy 7)- Nom solidarity, bitches.

HUMOR:
The Power's In His Beard (Tales of the Abyss)  vs. Roger in a Cage (Star Ocean 3)- The polar opposite of close.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 04:37:56 AM »

SHORT FORM!
DRAMA:
Wedding (Lufia II) vs. Death of Fear (Wild ARMs XF)-  Lufia 2's wedding stuff was a cool normal slice of life touch.

STYLE:

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 05:49:12 AM »

SHORT FORM!
DRAMA:
The Fate (Shadow hearts Covenant) vs. Nanako's 'Death' (Persona 4)- Yeah, P4 scene has issues.

STYLE:

HUMOR:
Karol distracts the guard (Tales of Vesperia) vs. Mad Midget Five (Godhand)- Yeah, they wanted the Karol scene to be a lot funnier than it was.
...into the nightfall.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 10:49:54 PM »
DRAMA:
Wedding (Lufia II)  vs. Death of Fear (Wild ARMs XF)

STYLE:

HUMOR:

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 11:10:50 PM »
HUMOR:
The Power's In His Beard (Tales of the Abyss) vs. Roger in a Cage (Star Ocean 3)
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 03:47:52 AM »
DRAMA:
The Fate (Shadow hearts Covenant) vs. Nanako's 'Death' (Persona 4) - I personally only feel the Nanako scene works if you actually continue on to get the bad ending. And if you do, holy crap that was depressing and I was genuinely sad. SH2 scene is less dependent on the situation, but I didn't feel quite as moved by it, for all that it's a strong scene too.
Wedding (Lufia II) ( vs. Death of Fear (Wild ARMs XF) - Personally, for Maxim/Selan stuff, I would have preferred the mirror of truth scene.

STYLE:
Falcon PAWNCH!!! vs. R.O.B.'s Face (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) vs. Balthier and Fran 'I can't die, I'm the leading man!' (Final Fantasy 12) - This is pretty much the only thing I like about FF12.
"I need to talk to God..." "TALK TO ME." (Digital Devil Saga 2)  vs. Sector 7 goes Boom (Final Fantasy 7) - Just felt more stylish. DDS2 stuff is more amusing than style~

HUMOR:
Karol distracts the guard (Tales of Vesperia) vs. Mad Midget Five (Godhand) - Really not the best ToV scene for humor. It's not even the best version of this particular scene! I agree with CK that the Judith version was far more amusing.
The Power's In His Beard (Tales of the Abyss)  vs. Roger in a Cage (Star Ocean 3) - Just a really great representation of the chemistry of the TotA crew, combined with absurdity and manliness factor. Really wish it was voice-acted.

Master-D Exploding Head (Bionic Commando) vs. Resident Evil Opening (Resident Evil) - REo cheesiness is hard to beat.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 02:23:57 AM »
POOL CLOSED.  Counting up will happen tomorrow for reasons I won't get into, but voting STOPS NOW.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A