Author Topic: Winter '10 Minimeet- Newport News, VA, December 3rdish-5th  (Read 7214 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Winter '10 Minimeet- Newport News, VA, December 3rdish-5th
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2010, 05:42:30 AM »
Thursday- Get to Pyro's place a bit early, and I watch some AtLC. I go with Pyro to the airport to pick up Tide. OK and Xer get there right after we get back. Pizza is ordered, Marvel Ultimate Alliance is played before glitching (This becomes a theme), and we play a little scott pilgrim before watching Army of Darkness. Friday is getting up, getting Meeple, trading pokemon, and running to IHOP for breakfast. We follow that with lots of scott pilgrim. We also watched Scott Pilgrim the movie and Dogma. Saturday was getting up and me ferrying people for coffee/tea in the early morning/buying snacks at 7-11.  We finish Scott Pilgrim, make a subway run, watch spaceballs, try MUA2 and it glitches. We instead play castle crashers and have a blast there. Castle Crashers has amazing boss design and what looks like a top tier boss mode. Everyone should play this game. So we eat out too much, play way too many games and generally act like bums.

Pyro was a fantastic host as always, and it was great to meet Tide. OK the poisonous pacifist getting the princess was pretty pro.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2010, 08:08:16 PM »
I watch some AtLC

why

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2010, 08:13:37 PM »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2010, 08:27:30 PM »
A: AtL2's music is awesome. B: It was nostalgic and I don't hate AtL2's first half that much.

Oh yeah, being up till 4:30am BSing with Meeple, Tide, and Xer was a lot of fun. I usually spend every con talking to someone in particular, and this time it was Tide. Definitely a blast to meet him, and hope he makes it out here again!

Also, second year in a row that the minimeet has snow. What the fuck, snow in hampton roads in December?!
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2010, 01:58:50 AM »
So yeah, I am back in Canada. Mini-meet was pretty damn awesome. Finding out that I passed my certification exam while I was over made it extra awesome. So yeah, this was probably the best weekend of the year by far. Day-by-day highlights and events:

Thursday
- 4:00 pm: I land and promptly don't see anyone. I call Pyro, Super picks up. I end up using all ten minutes on my phone for over sea calls as a result.
- 5:00 pm: OK and Xer arrive, we all greet each other. We start MUA1, the game glitches on us by not allowing us to use ability points on levels.
- 6:00 pm: Dinner time was Pizza time. For the price that we paid, said pizza was quite awesome
- 7:00 pm: We start playing Scott Pilgrim. Xer played Stills. Pyro/Super used Scott. OK was Kim and I played as Ramona. OK proceeds to try a unique stat build. This will become a recurring theme.
- 8:00 pm: We watch Army of Darkness. CHAINSAW MOTORCYCLES AND SKELETONS. It is as amazing as it sounds.
- 10:00 pm: Xer showed off some more games (Sonic Colours!), Super is out like a light thanks to Benedril. I showed off Resonance of Fate.
- 11:30 pm: Pyro, OK, Super go to bed. Xer and I proceed to play MAHVEL BABY, SSF4, Blazblue and discuss various FTG stuff until 2:30 am

Friday
- 7:30 am: Wake up with almost everyone else. Dead tired and groggy. We wait until Meeple's arrival before heading to IHOP
- 9:00 am: Meeple arrives, also dead tired. We all head to IHOP to get something to eat. Lots of inappropriate language was used on accident. Oops. I blame the non-awakeness.
- 10:30 am: We head back from IHOP and play Scott Pilgrim non-stop. OK gets the Pacifist award by getting the lowest kills on 4 levels straight. Game glitches on us when we reach Dragon's Den, so we take a break.
- 2:30 pm: Lunch time. I don't remember what we had.
- 3:30 pm: We come back and watch Dogma.
- 5:30 pm: Another Scott Pilgrim run. There was lots of failure in platforming as we proceeded to jump into spike pits and generally die horribly. We finally finish level 5 at the end. OK is still a pacifist.
- 6:30 pm: We head out to the local shopping centre's Gamestop. Xer bought some stuff. So did Super (I think). We had food court food for dinner and then went to FEY to buy some CDs. I debated buying the Doom DVD if only because John becomes the demons at the end.
- 8:00 pm: We attempt to finish Scott Pilgrim, only to fail and die horribly to SUPER GIDDEON. OK for the first time, is not a pacifist.
- 9:30 pm: We watch Scott Pilgrim. Lots of laughs were had.
- 11:30 pm: I do some pokemon breeding to trade to Super. Forgot what everyone else was doing, but probably heading to bed.
- 1:00 pm: Xer and I chat in general for around another hour. He showed me Sin and Punishment and we played some Ikagura. It was quite awesome.

Saturday
- 9:00 am: Wake up, make breakfast in Pyro's kitchen and not destroy anything (hurray!). Super proceeds to ferry me to a Dunkin Donuts but somehow manages to not remember where it is, so we stop at 7-11 to get my tea fix instead.
- 10:00 am: Brawlz is played. OK brings a new definition to "Tires don't exits"
- 12:00 pm: Subway lunch run. OK, Pyro, Meeple and myself remain at Pyro's and just chill for a bit.
- 2:00 pm: After lunch, Spaceballs was played. I got tired and went to take a nap >_>
- 3:30 pm: I wake up and find OK playing SC2. We all proceed to watch for a bit until his cooling pad fails and the game starts running at 0 FPS (lol). BUT he did get to show us BANELINGS. Oh also, BARKLEY was shown. Rank Barkley.
- 4:30 pm: We finish Scott Pilgrim around this point. After some power levelling we smashed the final boss pretty bad! Scott Pilgrim boss stats are go.
- 5:30 pm: We attempt MUA2, we finish area 1, the game proceeds to glitch in area 2 before we get to the part where we can actually switch heroes. Fail.
- 6:00 pm: We start playing some Castle Crashers after Xer and I both vouched for the game. OK tries another unique stat build.
- 7:00 pm: We go and get some Italian Fast Food
- 8:00 pm: Watch Airplane. Airplane is awesome. Watch it if you haven't.
- 9:30 pm: We continue playing Castle Crashers, finishing the game at the end of the day.
- 1:00 am: Super, Xer, Meeple and I stay up and chat for 3 more hours about random stuff.

Sunday
- 10:00 pm: Super wakes me up to pack. I proceed to get my tea fix. We return and people generally chat.
- 11:30 pm: We all leave Pyro's place around this time.
- 12:00 pm: I almost missed my flight thanks to the check-in being slightly late. Meeple keeps me sane (YESZ) before we part from the airport.

HIGHLIGHTS
- Games glitching left and right. It caused only some general frustration. Good thing the DL plays many games!
- Movies. OK has the best taste in movies. I would rank the movies we saw something along the lines of: Airplane > Scott Pilgrim > Dogma > Army of Darkness > Spaceballs.
- OK has the best character builds. Kim with Speed but no strength - meaning he dealt often hit people a lot but dealt poor damage. To give a comparison, one hit from anyone else deals 12 damage. OK dealt 4 damage. This carries on to Castle Crashers, where he manages to win the girl by getting zero kills. OK is clearly the most awesome player amongst everyone.
- OK's Castle Crashers build finally paying off in late game battles. OK also dying to almost everything ever. As another comparison, OK had 140 HP max. Everyone else had at least 450 HP or higher.
- OK reversing the Brawlz tier list. He wins by a large margin with Ganondorf, and places last with MK. As a further note, OK loses everytime he uses a high tier character but does relatively well with a low tier character.
- Games showing. Sonic Colours is very pretty. Sin and Punishment looks a very me type of game.
- MvC2 with Xer. Megaman > You
- SSF4 with Meeple. "So what happens when Flowchart Ken wins?" "That is a good question"
- Chatting with Super/Xer/Meeple for 3 hours late at night. Great way to end off the mini-meet.

It was tons of fun. Special thanks to Pyro for hosting and having us (considering the mess we likely made)! People...well, everyone was awesome. Xer, Meeple and I were loud and energetic. Super is generally very chill. Pyro is an awesome host and very patient. OK is probably the most hilarious man alive. So yeah, you all rule. <3 you all~

« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 12:31:05 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2010, 05:14:02 PM »
Dogma>Scott Pilgrim>Airplane>AoD>Spaceballs is how I rate them, but the first two are fantastic movies and airplane is great as well.
-------------------

Idun

« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2010, 07:01:45 PM »
Castle Crashers is awesome. Unfortunately, too little of people here play it online.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2010, 07:06:05 PM »
I OFFERRED TO GET YOU UP TO NEWPORT NEWS!!!!

You would have had soooooo much fun!

;_;

Maybe next time.

Anyway...great times as always.  Tide's covered most of the hilarious stuff.  Pyro, thanks again, and sorry for destroying your public image ^_^
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Idun

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2010, 04:33:58 AM »
I am in debt to no one but Uncle Sam!

It would have been nice to be there, but due to my last airplane flight, I think I may have been very broken at the Con. Congrats on your passing. Etc. No pics? You guys suck.

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2010, 04:34:45 AM »
Tide took a few pictures.

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2010, 01:33:25 PM »
I haven't seen Scott Pilgrim, but Ash owns every other movie there with his metal hand tied behind his back. You people are mad to put it that far down the list. Mad!